Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 1, 2016 1:16 PM

Aug 2013
Didn't he mention getting bit by the dog last episode as well?

Guessing that's what made him sick considering they went out of the way to show the bite at the end of this episode which means he may have died in his sleep last episode by choking on his vomit.

Definitely the best anime of the season
May 1, 2016 1:16 PM

Dec 2015
That after credits scene... I thought he would just see the killer. Did not expect all that. That was so brutal. It was done so well. And now it's another reset, I really feel bad for him, especially seeing his reactions when he was getting attacked. I think the fact you can hear chains might be important.

May 1, 2016 1:17 PM

Jun 2014
Oh my god, the tension the last 4 minutes of this episode brought was INSANE. This anime has so much potential, and its already a 9/10 for me so far. That scene was one of the best this anime season.

This is everything I want in anime, good comedy, good characters, mystery, and well done tension and gore!
DkmariolinkMay 1, 2016 1:20 PM
May 1, 2016 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
Xenocrisi said:
FippinPanda said:

Edit: Just read the manga version of the post credits scene. And it's even more brutal.

Would have loved to see all that gore animated, but you know, if the Anime's title doesn't end with -no Naku Koro ni- you'll never see such a great amount of gore uncensored

Actually I'm pretty sure higurashi was censored when it was first aired as well. They released uncensored version later. Probably going to do the same for rezero. at least i hope haha...those black blob censors suck!
May 1, 2016 1:19 PM

Apr 2015
next loop is where the story will reveal who the killer is. however there's more story about the killer and their motif.

making the 4th loop "very exciting". the author was brilliant here.
kidlat020May 1, 2016 1:25 PM
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 1, 2016 1:20 PM

Jun 2007
I had high hopes for this show. But the plotholes and the awful writing is unbearable at this point. The main character keeps acting like a 8 year old kid with down syndrome.
May 1, 2016 1:22 PM

Jun 2007
guyklc said:
This whole episode up to the credits felt like a massive waste of time. Rather than hitting on girls, Subaru should have used this chance to investigate what could have possibly caused his death previously.

Nonetheless, the after credits scene was absolutely intense and very well done.

Yeah, exactly. Let's take away the show from its shitty writers and give it to you, because it's ridiculous how the current producers can't deal with something so obvious and annoying.
May 1, 2016 1:24 PM

Oct 2014
The the Hisuis are demons, huh....

and being Subaru is suffering
May 1, 2016 1:27 PM

Nov 2014
mozgow said:
skyUFO said:
And also I think he got sick from the dog bite.
That's obvious. Just look at this "puppy".

And the girl holding it also looks weird. Why isn't she laughing (or at least smiling) as other kids?
maybe she's an introvert? Not all kids all all hyper and go-lucky you know.
and the dog is cute :P i see nothing wrong with it.
guyklc said:
This whole episode up to the credits felt like a massive waste of time. Rather than hitting on girls, Subaru should have used this chance to investigate what could have possibly caused his death previously.
he's trying to keep everything as the same as possible. that way, he has the advantage of knowing the future.
Fappa said:
Mezter said:
and that last scene...was so brutal .. T.T

I'm surprised they brought it in but I'm so happy they did...and props to White Fox. They way they did it was just WOW. The face expressions of dying Subaru sent shivers down your spine and the lifeless arm hanging from that cup, the walls painted in red. And then the sound of the skull crushing.

I expected this to happen in episode 6 and that episode becoming the turning point but they already did it this episode. I love them. White Fox <3!

i was hoping they had fully adapted the manga, panel from panel...
this is what happened in the manga:

but i guess due to the goreness they have to censor it. damn. i really want to see it animated. how the intestines falling out would look like.
Fappa said:
Really? Then I can rest assured they will do arc 3 justice. These people know how to create the right atmosphere within the boundaries of what they can show.
arc 3 definitely needs to show gore, otherwise it'll be really awkward.
TyrelMay 1, 2016 4:57 PM
May 1, 2016 1:28 PM

Jul 2014
Midou89 said:
Didn't he mention getting bit by the dog last episode as well?
Yes, he did say so.

Midou89 said:
Guessing that's what made him sick considering they went out of the way to show the bite at the end of this episode which means he may have died in his sleep last episode by choking on his vomit.
That or got killed instantly by the same person/thing.
May 1, 2016 1:28 PM

May 2015
shanimebib said:

DarkingDawning said:
I found this really interesting. Ram closes her eyes, but Rem opened her eyes? I smell something fishy here.

Another interesting thing is how Subaru and Rem are the only two characters who are shown with changing expression in the ED. The rest of the characters including Emilia aren't shown like that. Makes me think Rem is a special character amongst the side characters.

Interesting. When we see Subaru changed his expression was because he was remembering his time with Emilia. I wonder if Rem's expression changed because she remembered the time she spent with Subaru? Where everyone else closes their eyes, but her eyes are open because she knows Subaru?

I mean, Rem knows Subaru size perfectly without measuring him in this episode. Then she's been staring at Subaru a lot of times in this episode and Ram seems to be angry at her for doing it. Could it be that Rem is trying to protect Subaru from dying because she remembers?

Holy shit. This gets interesting.
May 1, 2016 1:29 PM

Jul 2015
Is it possible, that when Elsa sliced Subaru's belly she placed some kind of curse upon him? Notice how he is vomiting.

May 1, 2016 1:31 PM

Mar 2010
Fappa said:
For people who are interested in the manga version of this which is uncensored then here. No Spoilers.

Warning NSFW!

I actually think the anime was better here. You don't need to make a scene like that super gorey to be intense. Just good direction and framing will do and its' lots off-putting to people who can't handle that stuff very well. You missing anything by not knowing about it.

FlamepriesT said:
That was definitely a lot of content to adapt.

I'm not entirely sure if they skipped part of Subaru's conversation with Roswaal, but I'm almost sure that scene only happens once in the manga, so I guess they did.

They been rearranging scenes compared to manga so the discussion with Roswaal well either come up or they probably have some else like Beatrice do it IMO.
Iron_MawMay 1, 2016 1:34 PM
May 1, 2016 1:33 PM

Sep 2013
So no clue on who is the killer. This episode is the same from last one apart from the "I'm not gonna fall asleep" and "I made progress with the sisters".
May 1, 2016 1:34 PM

Dec 2013
fucking amazing.

i'd actually be disappointed if he finds out who's the killer and motives after just one loop. shit like these takes time. A slow and steady revelation.. yes yes.. entice me with those cliffhangers..
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
May 1, 2016 1:35 PM

Jul 2014
These spoiler tags are lethal af.

Why are people even talking about future content...

I'd advise you guys to not open them.
YehartMay 1, 2016 1:39 PM
"Hi!"
May 1, 2016 1:37 PM

Apr 2015
@Jagd84 I actually share your opinion in that regard. I simply wanted to show people what happened because due to the censoring by darken the scenes some would have problems to see it.

Like many say, the camera angles, the face expressions, the voice acting and the music were stellar!
May 1, 2016 1:38 PM

Dec 2013
Yehart said:

Why are people even talking about future content...

thank God i resisted clicking them.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて

Apr 2014
They nailed the scene in the beginning and the one after the credit scene. I'm looking forward to see the reactions after episode 6.
ttcchen said:
Fappa said:

I'm surprised they brought it in but I'm so happy they did...and props to White Fox. They way they did it was just WOW. The face expressions of dying Subaru sent shivers down your spine and the lifeless arm hanging from that cup, the walls painted in red. And then the sound of the skull crushing.

I expected this to happen in episode 6 and that episode becoming the turning point but they already did it this episode. I love them. White Fox <3!

i was hoping they had fully adapted the manga, panel from panel...
this is what happened in the manga:

but i guess due to the goreness they have to censor it. damn. i really want to see it animated. how the intestines falling out would look like.
Fappa said:
Really? Then I can rest assured they will do arc 3 justice. These people know how to create the right atmosphere within the boundaries of what they can show.
arc 3 definitely needs to show gore, otherwise it'll be really awkward.

The anime is being adapted from the LN not the manga and it doesn't really need to show all the gore since it's not what drives the series. Not to mention, the scene after the ending credits got the point across.

Did you really want to see his skull get smashed that badly?

Mar 2010
Wintovisky said:
So no clue on who is the killer. This episode is the same from last one apart from the "I'm not gonna fall asleep" and "I made progress with the sisters".

You act like the mystery was going to be solved in this epiosde or next. To begin with Subaru's relationship development with the sisters is going to be important part of this arc partly because this arc character driven.

And yes this has lot of clues of who killer is but you know until later because it isn't in your face like a good mystery.
May 1, 2016 1:40 PM

Sep 2014
Jagd84 said:
FlamepriesT said:
That was definitely a lot of content to adapt.

I'm not entirely sure if they skipped part of Subaru's conversation with Roswaal, but I'm almost sure that scene only happens once in the manga, so I guess they did.

They been rearranging scenes compared to manga so the discussion with Roswaal well either come up or they probably have some else like Beatrice do it IMO.

I'm assuming the manga is being faithful to the light novel, but it could be the case that some things in the manga have been altered instead.

I'd like to read the light novel, but since I'm just getting started with Japanese novels, I'd rather not make that commitment for the time being.
May 1, 2016 1:42 PM

Mar 2010
Fappa said:
@Jagd84 I actually share your opinion in that regard. I simply wanted to show people what happened because due to the censoring by darken the scenes some would have problems to see it.

Like many say, the camera angles, the face expressions, the voice acting and the music were stellar!

Yeah, I'm just saying it's not all that hard to see what happened.
May 1, 2016 1:43 PM

Oct 2014
What i wonder tough, why did the Hisuis handle him differently this time?
May 1, 2016 1:43 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Dat after ending credit scene 0________0
May 1, 2016 1:44 PM

Nov 2014
Z4k said:
The anime is being adapted from the LN not the manga and it doesn't really need to show all the gore since it's not what drives the series. Not to mention, the scene after the ending credits got the point across.

Did you really want to see his skull get smashed that badly?
yes i do ;P I was waiting for it ever since the first episode was out.
May 1, 2016 1:45 PM
Feb 2012
To those who have read the manga:

Is this serie going to actually turn dark at some point? I love the tension filled scenes but dislike that 80% of the time it's comedic and light hearted. Although I guess that's what makes the dark scenes all the more powerful..still, I'm kinda getting bored with the cheery generic MC.

Mar 2010
FlamepriesT said:
Jagd84 said:

I'm assuming the manga is being faithful to the light novel, but it could be the case that some things in the manga have been altered instead.

I'd like to read the light novel, but since I'm just getting started with Japanese novels, I'd rather not make that commitment for the time being.

Well according to WN and LN readers the anime has been rearranging stuff there to so just not manga adaptation. It's still very faithful, it's just that some stuff are happening in a different order.

Cryptical said:

Is this serie going to actually turn dark at some point? I love the tension filled scenes but dislike that 80% of the time it's comedic.

It's never going to be fully dark with death every minute if that what is your asking. Character development and dynamics is pretty important to this story. And it's not 80% comedic anyway.
Iron_MawMay 1, 2016 1:48 PM

Aug 2015
Wow, this Episode was intense. The loli girl seems to remember Subaru.. Or did I get that wrong? Are the Twins !aybe demons? The smirk of the blue haired girl Kind of makes me think that.
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
May 1, 2016 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
Almost closed the tab when ED kicked in, damn that was close
May 1, 2016 1:48 PM

Jul 2014
ttcchen said:
mozgow said:
That's obvious. Just look at this "puppy".

And the girl holding it also looks weird. Why isn't she laughing (or at least smiling) as other kids?
I know, I know :-)
But from experience I also know that it's really hard not to laugh or at least smile when bunch of people around you is laughing. Unless you have a really good reason to not laugh. That's why I'm saying there is some mystery behind that face expression.

And the dog; well, it's cute, but I think there is more to it than meets the eye.
May 1, 2016 1:50 PM

Jul 2015
Cryptical said:

Is this serie going to actually turn dark at some point? I love the tension filled scenes but dislike that 80% of the time it's comedic and light hearted. Although I guess that's what makes the dark scenes all the more powerful..still, I'm kinda getting bored with the cheery generic MC.

The percentage of drama vs comedy is going to increase in favor of drama and psychological. The next episode will depict some darker scenes, while episode 7 will be even darker.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 1, 2016 1:50 PM

Apr 2015
Cryptical said:

What you've witnessed at the end is actually the tone shifting point in the story. The story is extremely dark to begin with so all we've seen so far was basically the wrong expectations of this world through Subaru's eyes.

So to answer it directly
May 1, 2016 1:52 PM
Feb 2012
Sometimes791 said:
Cryptical said:

The percentage of drama vs comedy is going to increase in favor of drama and psychological. The next episode will depict some darker scenes, while episode 7 will be

Thank you so much. So far it feels like it's building up to that shift in tone, was just wondering if that's actually going to happen.

Fappa said:

What you've witnessed at the end is actually the tone shifting point in the story. The story is extremely dark to begin with so all we've seen so far was basically the wrong expectations of this world through Subaru's eyes.

So to answer it directly

Thank you. Yes, I was wondering if that was going to be the turning point. The serie lured me in with the tease of a dark tone in episode 1B so I'm glad it's going to deliver, rather than continue to tease.
WowAnimeTaigaMay 1, 2016 1:57 PM
May 1, 2016 1:52 PM

Nov 2014
mozgow said:
ttcchen said:
But from experience I also know that it's really hard not to laugh or at least smile when bunch of people around you is laughing. Unless you have a really good reason to not laugh. That's why I'm saying there is some mystery behind that face expression.

And the dog; well, it's cute, but I think there is more to it than meets the eye.
well, i guess we'll see. But I really think you're looking too much into it.
THE GIRL AND HER DOG ARE WAY TO FREAKING CUTE TO BE EVIL!
May 1, 2016 1:53 PM
Nov 2015
Sometimes791 said:
SakurasouBusters said:
Great episode as always but can't this poor guy catch a break :/

This is only the tip of the iceberg. It becomes worse as he progresses through the story. Because of this, many readers dropped the light novel at the beginning of arc 3. He won't get a break.

That's just getting me more hyped haha
May 1, 2016 1:53 PM
Oct 2010
That ending so damn ruthless, hes suffering and dying and then that happens. Got to love the contrast of episodes the entire episode goes all fine and dandy but then at the end boom. Hmm maybe Ram and Rem are some kind of demons which is why she smiled at Subarus comment
May 1, 2016 1:54 PM

Jul 2015
Cryptical said:
Sometimes791 said:

The percentage of drama vs comedy is going to increase in favor of drama and psychological. The next episode will depict some darker scenes, while episode 7 will be

Thank you so much. So far it feels like it's building up to that shift in tone, was just wondering if that's actually going to happen.

I think that the percentage of comedy will be around 2% in episode 7.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 1, 2016 1:55 PM

Jun 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, this episode was kinda funny.

We got Subaru coping with the aftermath of the loop. Quite a bit of lewd moments lol like him and Roswaal hanging out and Ram giving him a towel while he is nude. I also find it amusing at how he works with the twins around the house, fun fun. Subaru also getting along quite well with the locals though. Obviously not everything is normal with the stuff going on with the darker developments.

Lewd. Also glad to see the ED credits with more visuals.

You literally have no idea what happens in a episode, you watch it raw then give out a bad description just to create discussion first. I''ve noticed this for a long time.
Previously: BlueXRam
May 1, 2016 1:58 PM

Jan 2014
THAT ENDING. I'M STILL SCREAMING.

JotakakMay 1, 2016 2:02 PM
May 1, 2016 2:00 PM

Dec 2009
This was one fucking intense episode! This series only gets better and better by the episode. I have no idea who's killing Subaru but its clear he was poisoned and then in the after credits scene with the fucking chain sound and him getting ripped apart literally made me squirm (God just the scene where he looks up and sees his arm was so god damn intense).

5/5 and still my freaking anime of the season if not the entire year.
May 1, 2016 2:00 PM

Mar 2013
75% of this episode was boring and useless (like the previous one).
Ending was fabulous though.

3/5
May 1, 2016 2:03 PM

Jul 2014
Yehart said:

Yes, yes they are..... I clicked one out of curiosity and ended up regretting it, there goes some happy mindfcks in the coming episodes.
May 1, 2016 2:04 PM

Apr 2015
Horizon355 said:
75% of this episode was boring and useless (like the previous one).
Ending was fabulous though.

3/5

I honestly don't get people like you. Did everything that happened in this episode except the ending flew completely over your head? I guess people actually have to die so that "something happens" in your eyes.

Dec 2009
hiruman said:
2/3 part of this episode is kinda boring. They could easily cut a good amount of it without damaging the show.

But the last part is extremely good. I'm sure the next episode will become more intense compared to the last 2.

I disagree. Removing the character moments and build up removes the tension for the scenes where Subaru gets killed. It also allows us to see more of the characters who are the potential murder suspects.

Jul 2014
ttcchen said:
mozgow said:

I never said they are evil! :-)
What I actually think, I wrote in some other comment.

I might be overthinking it, but that's what this kind of anime are for :-)
May 1, 2016 2:06 PM

Oct 2014
people calling character moments and development boring and useless smh
May 1, 2016 2:07 PM

Dec 2009
Watch it be a demon that killed Subaru after the talk earlier about demons. Would be ironic as hell.
May 1, 2016 2:14 PM

Jan 2014
Lol with the mess that the murderer made of Subaru, wouldn't it have to be the maid that's good at cleaning? Kiddin'. I honestly have no idea who it could be.
May 1, 2016 2:14 PM

Mar 2016
Another great episode, if this carries on this would be the best anime of all time for me.

I give the animation and art 11/10. Never seen this good before.

ED is great and voice cast is good too.
May 1, 2016 2:15 PM

Nov 2014
mozgow said:
ttcchen said:
I never said they are evil! :-)
What I actually think, I wrote in some other comment.

I might be overthinking it, but that's what this kind of anime are for :-)
that'll be verrrrry interesting!! but why bite subaru and not the kids...?
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

818 by bubba460z »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

528 by MrList »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

716 by MrList »»
Jun 11, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1725 by __kitooo »»
Jun 10, 11:29 PM

» Ferris and Subaru

Daddi4900 - Jun 3

10 by Daddi4900 »»
Jun 5, 4:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.