Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 1, 2023 5:25 AM
Jul 2018
i despise the ending from the bottom of my heart. isayama sensei was prolly smoking smn. my man ereh didn't that shitty ending :(
i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate i hate it sjadhfbvhfcm
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 1, 2023 5:44 AM
Jun 2022
sad ending agree but I think they did it emotional and good (no I'm not happy with eren's death) I think the writing was amazing
Nov 1, 2023 6:08 AM

Feb 2013
Those who hate the ending because they dickride Eren, even when he justified genocide are smoking fucking crack. Isayama hit us with the REAL hard reality, like he continually does. GOAT'D series and ending!
Nov 1, 2023 6:09 AM
Jan 2021
Yea the ending was pretty ass, though I didn’t like the timeskip in general
Nov 1, 2023 6:23 AM
Apr 2023
I loved the ending, though i am a eren fan.I don't know why ppl hate the ending.
Nov 1, 2023 6:26 AM

Nov 2021
I like the ending, i think it’s funny and great meme material.
Nov 1, 2023 6:49 AM
Jul 2021
when does the movie come out btw? and ye i wasn’t a fan of the ending tbh. Wasn’t the worst tho
Nov 1, 2023 7:00 AM
Aug 2021
Why exactly yall hate the ending?
Nov 1, 2023 7:01 AM
Nov 2020
honestly, I didn't liked the ending and I will never like it. it's 4/10 for me, but ironically, it's the appropriate ending of the story
Nov 1, 2023 7:07 AM
Dec 2020
aru4l said:

basically
kind of expectations
(not me though)
Nov 1, 2023 7:20 AM
Feb 2021
SubArU_JeAgEr said:
aru4l said:

basically
kind of expectations
(not me though)

That’s definitely not true, it’s cause Eren went out like a bitch, he did a complete unnatural 180, forgot why he did the rumbling, implied he was mind controlled by Ymir since birth, cried because he couldn’t smash his already down step sister, and made mikasa the main character, a literal quote from the chapter btw, “Ymir waited 2000 years for someone to free her… and that someone was mikasa” Armin then ask why and Eren says “Only Ymir knows that one” are you serious?
Nov 1, 2023 7:24 AM
Feb 2021
aru4l said:

Read my previous quote
Nov 1, 2023 7:27 AM
Dec 2020
lightenshadow said:
SubArU_JeAgEr said:

basically
kind of expectations
(not me though)

That’s definitely not true, it’s cause Eren went out like a bitch, he did a complete unnatural 180, forgot why he did the rumbling, implied he was mind controlled by Ymir since birth, cried because he couldn’t smash his already down step sister, and made mikasa the main character, a literal quote from the chapter btw, “Ymir waited 2000 years for someone to free her… and that someone was mikasa” Armin then ask why and Eren says “Only Ymir knows that one” are you serious?

ending is not perfect by any means also the yamir thing you mentioned is also a weak part of ending in my opinion too, but if you think eren did complete 180 then you don't understand eren's character at all.
eren always been same from start to end.
Nov 1, 2023 7:32 AM
Dec 2022
eren deserved better
Nov 1, 2023 7:33 AM
Feb 2021
His character from pre time skip and 139 aren’t even the same, Pre time skip Eren cried, but he wasn’t one to give up, he fought for his goals, 139 Eren just had a tantrum and said he’s sorry for doing the rumbling, and accepted his death, the only connection you can make is Eren accepting his death in the Crystal Caves
Nov 1, 2023 7:48 AM
Apr 2021
we hate it because from the start we want to see eran and Mikasa together but in the ending they are not end up together 😭
Nov 1, 2023 7:52 AM
Jul 2019
Ending completely ravaged the whole Manga. Everything that came before was completely meaningless and erased
Nov 1, 2023 8:00 AM

Apr 2015
For me personally, I didnt like the ending initially but once everything set in and now that I've had time to think about it. I actually think the ending was almost poetically perfect in a way.
I'm satisfied with it and Kudos to Isayama for going against the happy ending cliche and giving us a bold ending which was according to his own vision.
Rather than caving in to the fans.
Nov 1, 2023 8:53 AM

Aug 2015
Objectively speaking, it's a terrible ending that retcons several key parts of the story and ruins pretty much every story and character arc.

Personally, I was never really a fan of the series so I didn't care. Seeing the diehard crazies lose their minds over it was amazing. Sasuga, Isayama.
Controversial opinions
Nov 1, 2023 8:57 AM
Oct 2022
not even gonna argue anymore with people who can't appreciate the ending of a manga just because it's not how they wanted it. the author made his choice so accept it or stay mad, it's not like he's gonna change it.
Nov 1, 2023 9:04 AM
Jul 2021
Nope, why would I hate it for no reason??
Nov 1, 2023 9:10 AM

Aug 2021
I think the unfair ending was good, if it was a "happy" ending it would be good because happy endings are good, but from the moment Eren started doing "bad" things it nullified the chances of happy endings so the ending makes sense, in my mere opinion.

Nov 1, 2023 10:13 AM
Jul 2023
The ending is absolute garbage in every conceivable way. It betrays nearly every theme of the story and ruins its best characters, mainly Reiner, Grisha and specially Eren and Ymir.

It makes so zero fucking sense that it makes me believe that you simply can't bring that shit from the original story. I'd rather believe that Isayama either didn't write that crap and the editors sunked that ending down our throats or he just wanted to screw his whole work intentionally like, the worst way possible.
Nov 1, 2023 3:28 PM
Jul 2021
I liked the ending but felt that it was a bit rushed. Hopefully the anime would fix that
Nov 2, 2023 1:38 PM

Mar 2021
absolute garbage that retroactively ruins the whole story 🔥 yams what a writer you are

Nov 3, 2023 10:49 AM
Aug 2021
Personally I loved he ending. I did have some problems with it. if they change some of the dialogue and add more anime original scenes to flash out some of the aspect of the story then it'll be even better.
Nov 3, 2023 11:30 AM
Aug 2021
lightenshadow said:
SubArU_JeAgEr said:

basically
kind of expectations
(not me though)

• [He went out like a bitch]
Lmao no he did not. How exactly did you expect him to go out? hopefully you're probably not like one of those idiots who thinks Eren should've killed his friends and every child in the world and went to live happily ever after with Historia and his imaginary baby while paradis lives in peace.

• [He did a 180 and forgot why he did the rumbling]
- If you had actually read the story you would've known he did not forget why he did the rumbling. He literally explains that his mind is now messed up, experiencing the past and future simultaneously screwed with his brain so much so it had made his mind incoherent, so therefore making his reasons why he did the rumbling lost in between all his messed up memories.

- He also did not say he was mind controlled by Ymir since birth, nor did Eren make Mikasa the main character. Just because Mikasa is the one that kills him doesn't mean she is now suddenly the protagonist of the story lol, this is like saying Suzaku became the main character just because he killed Lelouch.

• [Eren cried because he couldn't smash his step sister]
- I don't know why shippers always make this dumb argument. Just ship eren and historia without letting your desire make you stupid (next thing you'll try saying who said i ship historia and eren? We both know you do lets not even bother with that).
Do you even know what a step sister is? Here's a definition of Step Sister since you couldn't bother to look it up.
Step sister : "A daughter of one's step-parent by a relationship other than with one's own father or mother" Heres other definitions :
- "One's stepfather's or stepmother's daughter by a previous marriage"
- Here's another one : "not your parents' daughter, but the daughter of a person with whom one of your parents has married" . Does Mikasa fit any of this description to you? Don't bother answering, you'll just make up more excuses.

If you hate the ending that's OK, we're different people. I just hate when people act so disingenuously by misinterpreting scenes or ignoring context or even worse, when they say something that isn't remotely true in order to suit their own hatred of something.

I don't think the ending is perfect by any means, and I do hope the anime fixes some of the problems, but overall the ending was good (personally).
Nov 3, 2023 11:41 AM

Mar 2022
I hate the ending aswell as eren.
Nov 3, 2023 11:44 AM

Mar 2022
Reply to past_feelings
lightenshadow said:
SubArU_JeAgEr said:

basically
kind of expectations
(not me though)

ending is not perfect by any means also the yamir thing you mentioned is also a weak part of ending in my opinion too, but if you think eren did complete 180 then you don't understand eren's character at all.
eren always been same from start to end.
@SubArU_JeAgEr exactly, it wasn't 180ing, he was just that hopeless from the start.
I still cringe at the "i wanted to make you 2 heroes" so hard it physically disgusts me.
Nov 3, 2023 3:10 PM

Aug 2021
It was an okay series all the way
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2023 5:22 PM

Aug 2011
The ending is depress ass shit but probably the most the infuriated me was the abilities of the "attack titan".
Nov 3, 2023 9:31 PM

Nov 2021
I am lowkey more excited to see how anime-onlys are going to react to the Eren scene than actually watching the finale lmao
MALoween 2023 Candies | x 5

Nov 4, 2023 12:40 AM
Nov 2023
ereh deserved to get laid, i hated the ending infact, most of my victi... i mean friends too
Nov 4, 2023 7:30 AM
Feb 2021
-character limit-
Nov 4, 2023 7:32 AM
Feb 2021
SolaceWeb90 said:
lightenshadow said:

Lmao no he did not. How exactly did you expect him to go out? hopefully you're probably not like one of those idiots who thinks Eren should've killed his friends and every child in the world and went to live happily ever after with Historia and his imaginary baby while paradis lives in peace.

- If you had actually read the story you would've known he did not forget why he did the rumbling. He literally explains that his mind is now messed up, experiencing the past and future simultaneously screwed with his brain so much so it had made his mind incoherent, so therefore making his reasons why he did the rumbling lost in between all his messed up memories.

- He also did not say he was mind controlled by Ymir since birth, nor did Eren make Mikasa the main character. Just because Mikasa is the one that kills him doesn't mean she is now suddenly the protagonist of the story lol, this is like saying Suzaku became the main character just because he killed Lelouch.

- I don't know why shippers always make this dumb argument. Just ship eren and historia without letting your desire make you stupid (next thing you'll try saying who said i ship historia and eren? We both know you do lets not even bother with that).
Do you even know what a step sister is? Here's a definition of Step Sister since you couldn't bother to look it up.
Step sister : "A daughter of one's step-parent by a relationship other than with one's own father or mother" Heres other definitions :
- Here's another one : "not your parents' daughter, but the daughter of a person with whom one of your parents has married" . Does Mikasa fit any of this description to you? Don't bother answering, you'll just make up more excuses.

If you hate the ending that's OK, we're different people. I just hate when people act so disingenuously by misinterpreting scenes or ignoring context or even worse, when they say something that isn't remotely true in order to suit their own hatred of something.

I don't think the ending is perfect by any means, and I do hope the anime fixes some of the problems, but overall the ending was good (personally).

He did go out like a bitch, bro started having a tantrum, even Armin said that it was pathetic?

That means he still forgot why he did the rumbling, his brain being messed up goes against everything Eren standed for after time skip.

"Ymir Waited 2000 years for someone to free her... it was Mikasa" seriously? If this doesn't make her the mc I don't know what does?

Sorry I said stepsister, I guess the correct term is "Adopted Sister" because that 100% makes it better.
Nov 4, 2023 8:08 AM

Oct 2022
To be completely honest, I don't really remember much. But just from what I remember, I don't think it's "bad" bad. It's still pretty decent. There's still bit that bother me but not much tbh. it should've ended with just rumbling things happening (Eren is gonna die no matter what).
Nov 4, 2023 8:49 AM
Aug 2021
lightenshadow said:
SolaceWeb90 said:

He did go out like a bitch, bro started having a tantrum, even Armin said that it was pathetic?

That means he still forgot why he did the rumbling, his brain being messed up goes against everything Eren standed for after time skip.

"Ymir Waited 2000 years for someone to free her... it was Mikasa" seriously? If this doesn't make her the mc I don't know what does?

Sorry I said stepsister, I guess the correct term is "Adopted Sister" because that 100% makes it better.

- If you had any sense of reading and comprehension skills you would've known Armin called Eren pathetic because of his selfish reason of not wanting Mikasa to move on and only think about him, it wasn't because if some made up reason to justify your hatred for the story or to call Eren a b*tch just because he didn't kill his own friends. You're pathetic🤣

- You're being purposefully obtuse. His brain being messed up doesn't go against anything nor his belief. It's something he can't control, it's more so a consequence of the fact that he has so many people's memories in his brain. That's the type of concept I love in story telling, when abilities can have consequences or affect characters negatively.

- Do you even know what an mc is? You keep saying things I doubt you know the definitions of. Mikasa is not an mc, Eren was.

- Mikasa wasn't adopted either, she was taken in by Eren's father and lived with them for at least 1 year. Lmao i love how you're coming up with all these things just so you can hate on Mikasa. You historia and Eren shippers are so weird. I may not like Mikasa but you people are so obsessed with calling Mikasa Eren's sister even though neither the story or the characters have ever acknowledged such bs. It's just all in your heads.
Nov 4, 2023 3:59 PM
Feb 2021
SolaceWeb90 said:
lightenshadow said:

- If you had any sense of reading and comprehension skills you would've known Armin called Eren pathetic because of his selfish reason of not wanting Mikasa to move on and only think about him, it wasn't because if some made up reason to justify your hatred for the story or to call Eren a b*tch just because he didn't kill his own friends. You're pathetic🤣

- You're being purposefully obtuse. His brain being messed up doesn't go against anything nor his belief. It's something he can't control, it's more so a consequence of the fact that he has so many people's memories in his brain. That's the type of concept I love in story telling, when abilities can have consequences or affect characters negatively.

- Do you even know what an mc is? You keep saying things I doubt you know the definitions of. Mikasa is not an mc, Eren was.

- Mikasa wasn't adopted either, she was taken in by Eren's father and lived with them for at least 1 year. Lmao i love how you're coming up with all these things just so you can hate on Mikasa. You historia and Eren shippers are so weird. I may not like Mikasa but you people are so obsessed with calling Mikasa Eren's sister even though neither the story or the characters have ever acknowledged such bs. It's just all in your heads.

New anime dialogue confirmed that Eren dosent know why he wanted to do the rumbling soooo🤷‍♂️

Also:
Nov 4, 2023 9:52 PM
Aug 2021
lightenshadow said:
SolaceWeb90 said:

New anime dialogue confirmed that Eren dosent know why he wanted to do the rumbling soooo🤷‍♂️

Also:

Lmao and this is what I mean when I say literacy is dead with you people. Stop ignoring the context of the scene. The reason Griesha was saying this was because he was trying and protray the picture of a "family" because he wanted the Reiess family to be sympathetic and help him. what exactly did you want him to say? "Please help my wife, my son and the little girl I took in with me?"🤣 do you not realise how mouthful and clanky that dialogue scene would be? especially in an intense situation? Also you said Mikasa was his step sister and then said she was adopted, your burden of proof should've been that and not trying to prove something every dad would say in a situation like Grisha's.

Also the anime mostly adapted the manga and I already explained Eren's thought process and if you still don't understand that. Well... that's not surprising is it. You're practically a pro at misinterpreting scenes.
Nov 5, 2023 7:10 AM
Feb 2021
-character limit-
Nov 5, 2023 7:12 AM
Feb 2021
SolaceWeb90 said:
lightenshadow said:

Also:

Lmao and this is what I mean when I say literacy is dead with you people. Stop ignoring the context of the scene. The reason Griesha was saying this was because he was trying and protray the picture of a "family" because he wanted the Reiess family to be sympathetic and help him. what exactly did you want him to say? "Please help my wife, my son and the little girl I took in with me?"🤣 do you not realise how mouthful and clanky that dialogue scene would be? especially in an intense situation? Also you said Mikasa was his step sister and then said she was adopted, your burden of proof should've been that and not trying to prove something every dad would say in a situation like Grisha's.

Also the anime mostly adapted the manga and I already explained Eren's thought process and if you still don't understand that. Well... that's not surprising is it. You're practically a pro at misinterpreting scenes.

You’re coping

Also anime dialogue is changed so Eren did the rumbling because he’s an idiot
Nov 5, 2023 7:32 AM
Aug 2021
lightenshadow said:
SolaceWeb90 said:

You’re coping

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Omg you're so fucken stupid. Eren called himself an idiot because he couldn't think of another way to solve the problem that wouldn't result in the death of his friends or the people from paradis.
I know how your dumbass thinks, you'll try to claim "well paradis is destroyed in the future so therefore Eren was right"🤓 so I'm gonna respond to that before you make that foolish argument.
- First of all its been over a thousand years since the events of Aot, so we don’t know who they are fighting against or why they are fighting. It Would be stupid to look too closely and assume the battle is definitely an act of revenge for Eren’s actions rather than looking at the whole sequence as the portrayal of the never ending cycle of hatred. Just as if Eren had killed everyone in the world, the story would've still portrayed Paradis/Eldians destroying each other cause that's the theme of Aot. That humans will always seek to kill each other until there's only one person in the world.

Also you skipped the part where he explains why he did the rumbling, he literally says he wanted to set his friends up as heroes, at the same time level the world to at least have as much people as they do on paradis so they wouldn't be able to retaliate. That's literally even in the anime too. Stop nitpicking scenes to suit your narrative, learn to include the whole context of the scenes instead of extrapolating what suits your foolish hatred🤣🤣🤦🏾
Nov 5, 2023 8:02 AM
Feb 2021
-character limit-
Nov 5, 2023 8:04 AM
Feb 2021
-gay feature where you can’t delete your comment
Nov 5, 2023 8:06 AM
Feb 2021
SolaceWeb90 said:
lightenshadow said:

You’re coping

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Omg you're so fucken stupid. Eren called himself an idiot because he couldn't think of another way to solve the problem that wouldn't result in the death of his friends or the people from paradis.
I know how your dumbass thinks, you'll try to claim "well paradis is destroyed in the future so therefore Eren was right"🤓 so I'm gonna respond to that before you make that foolish argument.
- First of all its been over a thousand years since the events of Aot, so we don’t know who they are fighting against or why they are fighting. It Would be stupid to look too closely and assume the battle is definitely an act of revenge for Eren’s actions rather than looking at the whole sequence as the portrayal of the never ending cycle of hatred. Just as if Eren had killed everyone in the world, the story would've still portrayed Paradis/Eldians destroying each other cause that's the theme of Aot. That humans will always seek to kill each other until there's only one person in the world.

Also you skipped the part where he explains why he did the rumbling, he literally says he wanted to set his friends up as heroes, at the same time level the world to at least have as much people as they do on paradis so they wouldn't be able to retaliate. That's literally even in the anime too. Stop nitpicking scenes to suit your narrative, learn to include the whole context of the scenes instead of extrapolating what suits your foolish hatred🤣🤣🤦🏾

It hasn't even been 100 years in the manga, it was definitely made more in the future so Eren and Flock don't seem right.

Also Eren didn't even know if his friends would live in the first place
Nov 5, 2023 8:15 AM
Aug 2021
lightenshadow said:
SolaceWeb90 said:

It hasn't even been 100 years in the manga, it was definitely made more in the future so Eren and Flock don't seem right.

isayama has stated that the Anime is a better version to experience the series cause he uses it to flash things out more than he does in the manga. but yes in the manga it was around 200 to 300 years while in the anime was more so like a thousand years. Many people were right in Aot and yes including Floch (but not his actions) but conveniently ending haters are incapable of admitting when other characters are right too. Only the characters you favor and love seem to always be right except for the ones you don't like.

True. Eren wasn't 100% sure that his friends would survive, but I don't know what this has to do with what I said.
Nov 5, 2023 8:37 AM
Feb 2021
SolaceWeb90 said:
lightenshadow said:

isayama has stated that the Anime is a better version to experience the series cause he uses it to flash things out more than he does in the manga. but yes in the manga it was around 200 to 300 years while in the anime was more so like a thousand years. Many people were right in Aot and yes including Floch (but not his actions) but conveniently ending haters are incapable of admitting when other characters are right too. Only the characters you favor and love seem to always be right except for the ones you don't like.

True. Eren wasn't 100% sure that his friends would survive, but I don't know what this has to do with what I said.

No other characters were right though?

His goal was to make them hero’s but he didn’t even know if they’ll survive in the first place?
Nov 5, 2023 8:52 AM
Aug 2021
lightenshadow said:
SolaceWeb90 said:

His goal was to make them hero’s but he didn’t even know if they’ll survive in the first place?

Hange, Jean, Armin, Kiyomi, Erwin, Annie, Kenny, etc... they were all right in some of the things they said especially regarding either the future or the people.
Floch was right that the island would be destroyed if they don't fight the enemy
Hange was right that genocide was wrong no matter the reasons.
Jean was right that Eren was fighting to protect them even if they disagree with his actions
Armin was right when he said Eren didnt mean anything he said to Mikasa and that he was pushing them away, and that his book may have caused Eren to despise people even more.
kiyomi was right that even though paradis killed everyone in the world they would still fight amongst each other.
Kenny was right when he said everyone is a slave to something.
And many others, I think you get the point.

There's a difference between "not being sure" and "not knowing" because things arent always guaranteed. Things don't always go according to plan especially in Aot, so ofcouse he wasn't sure that his friends would survive the battle
Nov 5, 2023 10:22 AM
Feb 2021
-character limit-
Nov 5, 2023 10:24 AM
Feb 2021
SolaceWeb90 said:
lightenshadow said:

Hange, Jean, Armin, Kiyomi, Erwin, Annie, Kenny, etc... they were all right in some of the things they said especially regarding either the future or the people.
Floch was right that the island would be destroyed if they don't fight the enemy
Hange was right that genocide was wrong no matter the reasons.
Jean was right that Eren was fighting to protect them even if they disagree with his actions
Armin was right when he said Eren didnt mean anything he said to Mikasa and that he was pushing them away, and that his book may have caused Eren to despise people even more.
kiyomi was right that even though paradis killed everyone in the world they would still fight amongst each other.
Kenny was right when he said everyone is a slave to something.
And many others, I think you get the point.

There's a difference between "not being sure" and "not knowing" because things arent always guaranteed. Things don't always go according to plan especially in Aot, so ofcouse he wasn't sure that his friends would survive the battle

Dawg, there just stating the facts, no shit genocide is wrong, no shit Eren is just defending himself, no shit humans are always going to argue
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 81 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - May 5, 2016

114 by CutieAnshin »»
8 hours ago

» Attack on Titan Author upset about Pro Genocide criticism

deg - Apr 6, 2022

28 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Yesterday, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1871 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 29, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 80 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

G_Spark233 - Apr 6, 2016

110 by CutieAnshin »»
May 25, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Mar 5, 2016

103 by CutieAnshin »»
May 24, 8:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.