Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 22, 2015 12:29 AM

Jun 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Had funs guys here episode 1.

Most bother me Why all dead Gold saints Revive resurrection Who behind of it God again ? make this very suspicious who did this.
TyrelApr 26, 2015 12:13 PM
Mar 22, 2015 4:03 AM

Jun 2013
The answer just has God knows. I'm very interested with this series.
ryanstrikeMar 22, 2015 4:06 AM
Mar 23, 2015 12:49 PM

Sep 2012
I was expecting something as ugly as Omega but... It's actually pretty good for a first episode. Still lacking some intensity with the battle though.
Mar 23, 2015 5:37 PM

Mar 2012
For some reason, the episode didn't really interest me. But I'll wait for a better quality video to judge it well.
Apr 1, 2015 11:19 PM
Feb 2015
Honestly it was a great start I'm very satisfy with what I saw I expect a lot good things from Soul of Gold especially because it has a lot of similarities with Omega ^~^Speaks good news !!!
Apr 10, 2015 9:49 AM

Mar 2013
EPIC start for an epic series. Filled with action it was really nice to see Aioria alive again. And Mu at the end! Damn, can't wait for the second episode.
Apr 10, 2015 10:26 AM

Jun 2014
OOO the NOSTALGIA!!

Apr 10, 2015 11:16 AM

Jan 2012
Just hope we see Shaka soon oO

Anyway it wasn't bad though I expected better with the animation :s
Apr 10, 2015 11:31 AM
Sep 2012
Is all Saint Seiya like that. I mean the random power ups, talking to hologram brothers and no idea who is good or bad?
Apr 10, 2015 11:36 AM

Mar 2013
I liked the first episode.

If anyone wondering, Lyfia is voiced by Aya Hisakawa (Sonia from SS Omega, Sailor Mercury from Sailor Moon), Frodi is voiced by Hiroshi Okamoto (Daggers Hati from SS Omega, Motoki Furuhata from Sailor Moon Crystal) and Andreas is voiced by Tomokazu Seki (Virgo Fudo from SS Omega, Gilgamesh from FSN)
Apr 10, 2015 12:13 PM

Jun 2013
the only thing I want to know is the explanation for the resurrection ... and hope to see all (12) the golden in the series
Apr 10, 2015 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was a joke... seriously? ----Bad episode!
Apr 10, 2015 1:28 PM

Sep 2012
HYPE HYPE HYPE

It was a pretty good start! So much HD! So epic that they refer to the Asgard Arc! Epicness overload! The new OP is awesome! Arghh!
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Apr 10, 2015 2:07 PM

May 2008
Was that Horie Mitsuko as Hilda? Wow.
I liked the episode too, the animation wasn't good though, as expected from Toei. But I'm looking forward to see how the story will turn out. And I loved the new rendition of Soldier Dream. :D
Apr 10, 2015 2:10 PM
Nov 2012
Can't wait to see Kanon Galaxian Explosion
Apr 10, 2015 2:21 PM

May 2011
Pretty nice.. just didn't liked the new god warriors :
Aiolia looks great.. new story seems to be very nice too.
Apr 10, 2015 2:32 PM

Feb 2013
I liked the episode, It was pretty much typical Saint Seiya.

I obviously never expected TOEI to deliver on the animation side of things, but the Animation is much less detailed than previous entries and Ae(i)olia looks like he took makeup classes from Itachi

I'm also genuinely curious on how the mystery plays out

Also
^I'd rather crap like this stay outta my beloved Retroes
Apr 10, 2015 2:51 PM

Oct 2011
oh the beauty of this. Saint seiya not at its best but good enough. better than omega indeed. Much better than i had anticipated. Love the story so far. intriguing. the battles shouldve been more intense indeed and more difficult for the saint to win. Like the concept of them "dying". looking forward to the next ep.
Apr 10, 2015 3:25 PM

Jan 2012
King_of_Devils said:
and Ae(i)olia looks like he took makeup classes from Itachi

This!!! I thought the same hahahhahaha
Apr 10, 2015 4:16 PM

Jan 2011
good lord Toei cant animate a single good fight, at least the animation an art werent nearly as bad as Omega an Sailor Moon Crystal, it wasnt that bad but it wasnt particularly good
though the first half was kinda lame, it did got better towards the end, it was interesting to see that Aiolia is still dead an i didnt expect that the girl was gonna turn evil
Apr 10, 2015 6:24 PM
Jan 2012
the animation was not great but not horrendous, toei is testing the waters with the fans, if we support it well enough, we might get much better high quality projects.

The story is interesting, seeing asgarth again was great in my opinion. Plus, always good to get a new batch of god warriors xD.
Apr 10, 2015 6:50 PM
Aug 2012
Bad animation and too childish( not a single drop of blood... ). I think Toei did not learn with Omega mistakes. But I will still watch it for nostalgia and because Gold Saints are cool (Deathmask is more like Manigold now).
Apr 10, 2015 8:39 PM

Oct 2011
Memories of the Gold Saints from series flashed before me. Just Amazing !!!
Apr 10, 2015 9:23 PM
Oct 2012
jirico said:
Bad animation and too childish( not a single drop of blood... ). I think Toei did not learn with Omega mistakes. But I will still watch it for nostalgia and because Gold Saints are cool (Deathmask is more like Manigold now).

I have to agree, the animation could have been alot better with just proper action scenes.
TO childish indeed as well, im not tripping on the no blood content that much, but seriously, when the fight scenes in an anime dont even show people TOUCHING each other (instead we get "battle scene" animations) then you know the target crowd is under the age of 10.
Apr 11, 2015 12:05 AM

Feb 2013
ironherc said:
we might get much better high quality projects.

>TOEI
>High Quality

Toei are just lazy and you're expecting waaay too much from them. They do'nt put effort into popular stuff, why do you think a Semi-forgotten Retro-Shonen would make a difference
Apr 11, 2015 12:06 AM

Nov 2009
wow, I was waiting something awful but this isn't so bad...
the animation is lacking as expected and the obsession toei has with designing ugly swords is exasperating but I'm really glad they decided to keep the original voice actors.
Apr 11, 2015 12:51 AM

Jun 2012
Guys you Can watch better Quality now of ep 1 with English Sub here the link.

http://www.daisuki.net/anime/watch/SaintSeiyaSoulofGold/IYc
Apr 11, 2015 6:25 AM
Mar 2011
LazerEyeBeam said:
Can't wait to see Kanon Galaxian Explosion

technically it will be sagas.
I have no problem with the animation since im blind i really dont put too much attention to things like that but lets see theres 11 gold saints ( since aioros still showed up as a spirit and was not shown with the other saints im assuming he is still dead) and only 7 god warriors vs 11 gold saints, this seems really bad they couuldnt of increased em? at least in omega while the show was bad the gold saints had plenty of enemies to fight and it wasnt as uneven as it is here. I am wondering how they will adress this issue since the gold saints cant show proper power against foot soldiers and there clearly isnt enough of the asgard warriors to fight properly against all 11.
Apr 11, 2015 6:28 AM

Feb 2013
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-11/bandai-namco-reveals-saint-seiya-soldiers-soul-game-for-ps4-ps3-pc/.87024

For an 80s shonen this series sure as heck seems to be livin' the dream.

I mean within the 2010s it's had an Anime Series, a fully CGI movie, a new Manga Spin-off and 2 Video Games. and now it's having a new Video game and a new Anime

I do'nt know who in Japan is obsessed with this Franchise, but I'm lovin' him for it

*sigh*.......But still no Lost Canvas S3
Apr 11, 2015 6:38 AM

Jun 2012
new god warriors getting power from Ygdrasil tree mean equal to power of god they cheat that why gold saints lose to them only way to beat new god warriors it's gold saints god cloth .

Oh God idont like this new god warriors so cheater all they power come from Ygdrasil tree come from Power of Odin they observed energy power of tree of odin . so cheesy new god warriors they never fight fair but the end they lose to gold saints god cloth serves them right.
Apr 11, 2015 7:06 AM
Mar 2011
salvationhope said:
new god warriors getting power from Ygdrasil tree mean equal to power of god they cheat that why gold saints lose to them only way to beat new god warriors it's gold saints god cloth .

Oh God idont like this new god warriors so cheater all they power come from Ygdrasil tree come from Power of Odin they observed energy power of tree of odin . so cheesy new god warriors they never fight fair but the end they lose to gold saints god cloth serves them right.

when you put it that way salvation only 2 or 3 saints can be figthing them equally and they are dohko since he wws covered in athenas blood.
Saga who is said to be the equal to a god and shakka who is said to be the closest to god.
Apr 11, 2015 7:29 AM

Jun 2012
tyrolizard1 said:
salvationhope said:

when you put it that way salvation only 2 or 3 saints can be figthing them equally and they are dohko since he wws covered in athenas blood.
Saga who is said to be the equal to a god and shakka who is said to be the closest to god.

new true God warriors equal pure gods like thanatos and hypnos and abzu but not same powerfull as hades or poseidon i forgot saturn more powerfull than hades and poseidon.

old God warriors from past story seiya team defeated them they very weak God warriors and not chosen one true God warriors they are fake God warriors this time gold saints they face true God warriors that why gold saints lose to them.
the only way to win with help of god cloth power that why leo cloth become god cloth beat God warriors....if seiya team face early true God warriors they might lose lucky seiya team they face are fake God warriors that why seiya team win.

did you reading english sub frodi said they wear god robe same as athena god robe but that God warriors had eat power from land of asgard power and new power from yggdrasil tree power from god odin that why make them 2 times power that why they equal to gods.

if saga get god cloth for sure he gonna be strongest gold saint he might surpass equal to a god.
salvationhopeApr 11, 2015 10:05 AM
Apr 11, 2015 10:34 AM
Jan 2009
I liked it... surprisingly. It's the first Toei series in a looong while.
Apr 11, 2015 12:59 PM

Jan 2011
pse said:
This series is too old. The whole Saint Seiya franchise has barely changed even after almost 30 years.
From the little bit of what I've seen of the original Saint Seiya, it's fun, but this is only because I know it's from the 80s.
There is just too much holding this back for it to be acceptable in 2015, like the veteran voice actors who truly aren't needed, and the odd dialogue that plagued every Toei Seiya adaptation. Every episode of Omega that I watched was nonsensical to me, and this episode was no different.
The problems it has may be overlooked because it's a kids show, but it has to modernize already. Nostalgia is a shit excuse to make a shit series.

imo Lost Canvas made some very good changes to the franchise
Apr 11, 2015 3:08 PM

Nov 2014
great beginning, i want to see what they do with the plot and how deep they take character development with the golden saints...
Apr 12, 2015 10:01 AM

Jan 2011
now lets gather them all to fight for love and justice :)

an ok episode, but i think will only attract fans of the original story since it seems to continue from there, the fighting style looks outdated compared to shows nowadays
Apr 12, 2015 7:41 PM

Dec 2008
Waited such a long time for this, great episode. I love the animation, the soundtrack, the characters. Nothing like the awful Omega series.
Apr 12, 2015 10:29 PM

Mar 2015
Average episode. I don't expect much of this series,but is far better than the shounen trash of nowdays
Apr 14, 2015 1:36 AM

Jan 2008
Worse then Omega, and just as poorly animated. Just watching 2 guys yell at each other while light comes out of their fists. DBZ did that way better.
Apr 15, 2015 10:11 PM

Jul 2013
OMG Shaka is back!!!!!

Can't wait to see the motherfucker, I've missed him. Hopefully he kicks some major ass without being touched/harmed as usual.
Apr 16, 2015 9:19 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Hmm, is it really a Kamui/God Cloth Aiolia was wearing? Seems overkill for just fighting a non-god opponent, you all know that Seiya with God Cloth can kill Thanatos, the god, with just one technique

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 20, 2015 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
I founded the episode decent, pretty much an interesting thing, but I think that it started too slow.
Apr 22, 2015 2:53 PM

Oct 2014
Well, great episode. Didn't like it much before watching the subbed version. But after watching it, I just love it. Especially dig all these tiny or not references to Asgard and original Saint Seiya, as well as Hades arc. Hope that there will be more, after it finishes.
Apr 26, 2015 5:44 AM

Jul 2009
Not so good, but I am in it for the gold knights...soon my fave ones will appear...
Apr 26, 2015 11:34 AM

Mar 2011
Not bad, I gonna watch for the nostagic moments.

DmonHiro said:
Worse then Omega

No, nothing it worse than that.
Apr 26, 2015 3:10 PM

Feb 2009
It was a good beginning. Nothing too fancy, but not as dissapointing as Omega. If they don't screw with the story, one can even accept the poor animation. Not that bad actually, again it's not Omega but neither Lost Canvas quality.
Apr 26, 2015 8:38 PM

Jun 2012
Ikzer said:
It was a good beginning. Nothing too fancy, but not as dissapointing as Omega. If they don't screw with the story, one can even accept the poor animation. Not that bad actually, again it's not Omega but neither Lost Canvas quality.

Sorry tell you in other forums many Original fans mad at soul of gold not much action and poor story and low budget.

omega had more action but poor animation but great story and lost canvas better animation and more fight.

Soul of gold only had 13 episode official.

Original fans Saint seiya even they hate omega but all them said omega better than soul of gold why had more action even that omega had low graphics.

to be honest i agree with them this gonna more fail than omega toei and bandai only focus in new cloth that god cloth of all gold saints make more sell toys.
Apr 27, 2015 3:13 AM

Oct 2014
salvationhope said:
Ikzer said:

Sorry tell you in other forums many Original fans mad at soul of gold not much action and poor story and low budget.

omega had more action but poor animation but great story and lost canvas better animation and more fight.

Soul of gold only had 13 episode official.

Original fans Saint seiya even they hate omega but all them said omega better than soul of gold why had more action even that omega had low graphics.

to be honest i agree with them this gonna more fail than omega toei and bandai only focus in new cloth that god cloth of all gold saints make more sell toys.

Well, I don't care much for action. I don't think that Saint Seiya ever had a great action, so whatever. For me to see some focus on other characters is already great. We barely know anything about Gold Saints besides guys like Aiolia and Shaka, so it will be a nice thing to finally see it. I also want to finally see if Deathmask and Aphrodite are really loyal, and what kind of people they are now at all. In Hades OVA they were shown to be indeed loyal, but what forced such a drastic change in their personalities?
May 7, 2015 3:33 PM

Feb 2010
silversaint said:
pse said:
This series is too old. The whole Saint Seiya franchise has barely changed even after almost 30 years.
From the little bit of what I've seen of the original Saint Seiya, it's fun, but this is only because I know it's from the 80s.
There is just too much holding this back for it to be acceptable in 2015, like the veteran voice actors who truly aren't needed, and the odd dialogue that plagued every Toei Seiya adaptation. Every episode of Omega that I watched was nonsensical to me, and this episode was no different.
The problems it has may be overlooked because it's a kids show, but it has to modernize already. Nostalgia is a shit excuse to make a shit series.

imo Lost Canvas made some very good changes to the franchise

Agreed. Lost Canvas was fantastic. I was really hoping that Gold Soul would reach that caliber but I find myself wondering if I'm watching additional episode of original series that they found 30yrs later in a basement. I loved the original at the time, but the drawing, animation and sound of GS are atrocious by today's standards. I might keep watching for nostalgic value, but I really would've preferred another season of LC or a brand new story to this terrible continuation.
May 18, 2015 10:56 AM

Jan 2011
I see a lot of you guys complaining about the animation being poor but I actually didn't have an issue with it. I didn't watch Omega so I'm guessing Toei messed that up, too?

Regardless, I love that they brought back this series and decided to focus on the lives of the Gold Saints. It's a huge treat considering there are a lot of Saints who got killed off so early in the series (Sanctuary arc) that I didn't get the chance to really enjoy them..like Saga, Aphrodite, Deathmask, etc. That's why I loved the Hades arc so much because even in death, you got to see the Saints working together for the greater good. It's just great to have all of them back! ^___^

I'm looking forward to the new cloths and seeing Aioros (if they decide to bring him back, too!), Shaka and Dohko! It's refreshing to finally not have a storyline focused on Seiya..

And that girl and Aiolia are definitely going to hit it off..watch! :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold Episode 2 Discussion

salvationhope - Apr 24, 2015

27 by Momoiro_Hime »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:29 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold Episode 13 Discussion

salvationhope - Sep 25, 2015

34 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 23, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold Episode 12 Discussion

salvationhope - Sep 11, 2015

29 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 23, 2023 6:17 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold Episode 11 Discussion

Apollo_Madao - Aug 28, 2015

24 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 23, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold Episode 10 Discussion

salvationhope - Aug 14, 2015

25 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 22, 2023 4:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.