Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 9:00 AM

Dec 2021
Nina, Momoka and Subaru practice tirelessly to level up as a band. Nina, determined to defeat Diamond Dust at all costs, searches for ways to increase their audience, but struggles to find a good method.

Just then, Tomo and Rupa, who had come to see their recent live performance, approach Nina.

May 10, 11:41 AM

Jun 2022
they finally join da band!!! i didnt think momoka would say yes for some reason.... she seems out of it

May 10, 12:20 PM

Jan 2016
Tomo's way to practice/record without bothering the neighbours is a soundproof cardboard box, that's so funny

The comparison with Nina and a bullring bull is too perfect, they only have one goal in mind and will try anything to reach it. Can't wait for the performances now that the band is finally complete
May 10, 1:11 PM

Jan 2021
As I Thought with last episode, the song they played at the end, "What to raise" was incomplete and from what we've heard in this episode during their practice, it sounds so much better with the bass and the keyboard, now I really want to see them perform that song again.
I must say that I'm quite surprised to see the new members appearing this late into the story ( well technically they were already here but mostly background characters and not part of the band ) and I hope that they will not be left aside when it comes to character development and evolution but from what the anime has shown so far I do not worry about it. Also, the song made by Rupa and Tomo was released alongside the episode, "Mind playing Fractal", it's not bad but not my type of stuff. Tomo being a fan of Subaru's grand-mother is also a funny addition but may also be used to make progression in Subaru's character evolution.
May 10, 1:19 PM

Jan 2022
I feel like the addition of the two new girls prefectly fits the group, one chaotic and one calm one, that's perfect. They seems to have found out a common goal (somewhat), we will see how they will manage to become more popular and, perhaps, overshadow Diamond Dust !? What I'm more excited however is a full new song with all 5 band people, the small snipet of remade music already sounded very great, so I cannot wait to see a full qualitative one. Excited for next week !
I like everything, ok
May 10, 4:05 PM
Jan 2024
Huh...new members use vocaloid as their music software?
Wonder who they tune...they seem like flower, len and sweet an producers
May 10, 7:41 PM

May 2015
Well I'll eat some crow. Initially I had some serious issues with the CG, but it's completely grown on me. I can honestly say that if Hibike Euphonium and Ookami to Koushinryou weren't airing, this would be the best show this season.
May 10, 8:28 PM

Jun 2015
With only 7 episodes left, I hope Tomo and Rupa would have enough time for more back stories and character development.
May 10, 10:22 PM
Blitzball Player

Dec 2011
So unbelievably locked in at this point! Love this show so much! Finally have keys and bass! <3
May 10, 11:11 PM

May 2019
Rupa and Tomo are great addition to the band. Their bass and synth performance really makes the band more complete. They are always in the background serving in the restaurant and finally they have their official introduction. It's great to see Nina finally aiming to be top band and now they need to align their goal together to get there.

May 10, 11:36 PM

May 2021
Reply to billybub
Well I'll eat some crow. Initially I had some serious issues with the CG, but it's completely grown on me. I can honestly say that if Hibike Euphonium and Ookami to Koushinryou weren't airing, this would be the best show this season.
@billybub Salute to you. Glad to hear that you are enjoying it. I have nothing but respect.

Yep another banger episode. The look on Nina's face when she got the full sound of the band behind her was amazing. The feeling transcended the screen for me. New girls are cool, very excited to hear some new music. These episodes are basically 5 minutes long, I am so excited to watch the show it just passes me by in an instant.

divlyfein said:
So unbelievably locked in at this point! Love this show so much! Finally have keys and bass! <3
♡ ♡ ♡

May 11, 12:51 AM
May 2023
finally they both joined the band, i like rupa already she is sooo fine.

i hope they both get enough of each other's backstory and character development.
May 11, 12:57 AM

Aug 2022
I think Momoka's role here really deserves more attention. As a former band member, she could be said to be no longer an amateur and more experienced than others.

And I observed what Subaru said, maybe there was some truth in it that Momoka was really serious about music or she thought it would be a waste.

Even so, I think Momoka is a true musician and I curious what next step will be.

RafaBryanMay 11, 1:33 AM
May 11, 1:25 AM

Mar 2008
Band assemble, lets go. Time to wreck diamond dust.
May 11, 2:00 AM
Apr 2024
This show keeps getting better and better.

I like that the number of followers they're aiming for are actually realistic - 10K to match indie Diamond Dust, 20K to beat current Diamond Dust. In Jellyfish, it's a little farfetched that they're aiming for 100K followers, and it leads to them having to grow really fast in a short amount of time. Not to mention that their famous musician is hiding her identity, so it's even more unbelievable that they're growing so fast.

This is the first CG anime I've watched, and I'm glad I got past the initial hesitation; I'm hooked on the animation. I always thought that 3D would remove the expressiveness of anime, but this retains all of it while adding new elements. I love the little details like their hair actually bouncing and moving with their head movements. I loved the mini photoshoot scene with Subaru doing the cute poses (Subaru still best girl).

The black Gibson SG bass is just perfection, such an iconic look.

Lastly, just a random thought: I didn't really notice until this episode, but these girls should really be using earplugs. Just seeing the half stack amps and knowing how loud those things get (not to mention the actual fkin drums lol) made me wince, even though we've seen them practice loads of times. Maybe it's just the SG in this episode really made me pay attention to the equipment.

Lastly lastly, I love the little detail of Rupa playing the little slide note in time with the BGM. This show is so awesome.
stevejawbsMay 11, 2:13 AM
Marinate1016 said:
I was at a PhD graduation when you were sending the original messages and you’re STILL going. I can’t imagine caring this much to continue harassing people, but it’s cool, reported. The weak ban should help you sort it out.
May 11, 3:01 AM
Sep 2022
After 6 episodes I still can't sympathize with Nina, she's unbearable, and stop trying to impose your personal problems on others. It has been a long time since a protagonist in an anime I was so lazy, this chapter saves it the two new members. If Nina's attitude continues like this, sadly I will have to lower my personal rating for this anime and a lot
HormigoMay 11, 3:17 AM
May 11, 6:40 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to Hormigo
After 6 episodes I still can't sympathize with Nina, she's unbearable, and stop trying to impose your personal problems on others. It has been a long time since a protagonist in an anime I was so lazy, this chapter saves it the two new members. If Nina's attitude continues like this, sadly I will have to lower my personal rating for this anime and a lot
@Hormigo thank you I thought I was the only annoyed with Nina.
May 11, 8:09 AM

Jun 2016
truly a girls band should be !!!

this is truly hidden gemstone !!

good story development and the characters !!

good animation 3D cgi !!

so damn perfect !!
May 11, 8:53 AM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
finally the 5 are together at last... really looking forward to their growth as a band throughout the rest of this season...

May 11, 10:21 AM
Apr 2021
I'm very happy with this new episode! I'm always waiting the new episode every week in the same level as Hibike Euphonium Season 3, Konosuba season 3 & Yuru Camp Season 3!
May 11, 11:20 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to rahez
I'm very happy with this new episode! I'm always waiting the new episode every week in the same level as Hibike Euphonium Season 3, Konosuba season 3 & Yuru Camp Season 3!
@rahez I understand you very well! I'm also watching those 3 animes and this one, they are my favorites and definitely when I finish Girls Band it will be one of my favorites yes or yes
May 11, 2:53 PM
Apr 2021
SaDaijin18 said:
@rahez I understand you very well! I'm also watching those 3 animes and this one, they are my favorites and definitely when I finish Girls Band it will be one of my favorites yes or yes

@SaDaijin18 I usually watch the new episode of Girls Band Cry 2-3 times in a week. I don't think it's enough to watch it just once. I also did this at least on the Hibike! Euphonium S3 and Konosuba S3 👀
May 11, 4:12 PM
Jul 2022
I like Nina's voice and the band's music.
May 11, 7:34 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to stevejawbs
This show keeps getting better and better.

I like that the number of followers they're aiming for are actually realistic - 10K to match indie Diamond Dust, 20K to beat current Diamond Dust. In Jellyfish, it's a little farfetched that they're aiming for 100K followers, and it leads to them having to grow really fast in a short amount of time. Not to mention that their famous musician is hiding her identity, so it's even more unbelievable that they're growing so fast.

This is the first CG anime I've watched, and I'm glad I got past the initial hesitation; I'm hooked on the animation. I always thought that 3D would remove the expressiveness of anime, but this retains all of it while adding new elements. I love the little details like their hair actually bouncing and moving with their head movements. I loved the mini photoshoot scene with Subaru doing the cute poses (Subaru still best girl).

The black Gibson SG bass is just perfection, such an iconic look.

Lastly, just a random thought: I didn't really notice until this episode, but these girls should really be using earplugs. Just seeing the half stack amps and knowing how loud those things get (not to mention the actual fkin drums lol) made me wince, even though we've seen them practice loads of times. Maybe it's just the SG in this episode really made me pay attention to the equipment.

Lastly lastly, I love the little detail of Rupa playing the little slide note in time with the BGM. This show is so awesome.
@stevejawbs

The CGI graphics is rather meh, overall. I was initially impressed, but nah, this isnt Sanzigen or Studio Orange level of CGI quality. Those two are the gold standards in CGI anime animation.

They whittle the 3D down to 2D, you can still tell its 3D, but the motion capture is so good as well. Go check out D4DJ, and myGo! from 2023. Even Sanzigen's Bang Dream S2 from 2018 still blows this out of the water.

As for Studio Orange, go check out Trigun Stampede.

About this episode...

Great! The story is coming together now!
Very much enjoyable.

Kudos to NakayubiSubs, the episodes may drop 6-8 hours later, but the translations are much better than the MTLs. Helps to make the experience a good one, honestly!

Apart from the brilliantly animated insert, the graphics and movement animations and mouth animations are quite janky and jarring, especially Rupa's, they dont seem to match what she's saying at times. Its going downhill, you can notice the decline in quality since episodes 2 or 3, and its blatantly obvious now.

Rupa's 3D clothing textures are horrible! Horrible! Is this some 90s animation? You feel like you're watching some 486 level computer graphics made in 1994 FFS!

thehornedratMay 11, 8:38 PM
May 11, 11:42 PM

Jul 2017
Two girls who also want to aim for the Budokan, it looks like they found some gold with Nina's group.

On the other end, their small concert...was a rather embarrassing effort with both positive and negative comments within their small following, despite being an offshoot of Diamond Dust. And on the cusp of trying to earn followers to beat Momoka's old group, both Tomo Ebizuka and Rupa overhearing both Nina and Subaru's conversation enough to scout them into their band, both groups are in the same realm of trying to make it big. Subaru poaching Momoka to give both Tomo and Rupa a try, and for all intents and purposes, this only strengthens Nina's resolve to get their band noticed.

It's a long shot, but it's possible.
May 12, 5:04 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ah, so we finally we an explanation for why the cooking staff at the restaurant had been animated differently than the rest of the people there for those viewers who hadn't watched the opening or ending sequence nor the promotional material for the series. It's like the "spot the main character" kind of deal with an Ex-Arm flavor to it.

Regardless, these people are aiming big, Tomo having the moost personality out of the two though we'll probably find more about their past in the coming episodes. For now they sound like they have potential but let's see if Momoka is on the same boat. Also, Nina can be pretty annoying but I get her intentions, maybe not much how pushy she can be.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 12, 6:03 AM
Jan 2024

wow I think it's the best 3d anime I've seen
May 12, 9:03 AM
May 2021
Just go watch the show
May 12, 12:19 PM
Jan 2019
Seriously good stuff. Loving the character design, settings and lighting. Great script and VAs. I have absolutely no hangups about CGI. Has to be one of my favourites this season
May 12, 3:30 PM
Jul 2020
Reply to Ryushindai
Tomo's way to practice/record without bothering the neighbours is a soundproof cardboard box, that's so funny

The comparison with Nina and a bullring bull is too perfect, they only have one goal in mind and will try anything to reach it. Can't wait for the performances now that the band is finally complete
@Ryushindai I think that's more to have a better recording and avoid echo, that's what acoustic foam is normally for not soundproofing
May 12, 11:55 PM
Mar 2019
Hormigo said:

I suspect she’ll get better, we still haven’t had an episode truly dedicated to her and I have a feeling she’ll be a lot more sympathetic/tolerable after whatever arc she’ll go through.
May 14, 10:55 AM

Dec 2023
All members are here, lets go
May 16, 2:25 AM
May 2024
As an old music producer, it's feels fresh and "in the now". The animé takes it in small steps, just as life does.
May 19, 2:57 PM
Dec 2022
great song and animation
May 25, 6:37 PM
Apr 2020
Wow, so those two cooks really are fellow musicians, and they have ambitions of going pro as a duo called Beni-Shouga. They have a surprisingly big following too. 22,738? That's approximately 2,738 more followers than Daimond Dust has, and Diamond Dust is supposed to be the hottest newcomer in mainstream rock at the moment.

Turns out, Beni-Shouga actually succeeded in getting the attention of some record labels. Problem was, all of the labels wanted them to change their sound in order to become mainstream friendly, and like Momoka, they didn't like the idea of that. If Beni-Shouga went through with signing a record deal though, they wouldn't have been in the position to join Nina and company in the first place, so it's probably for the best.

That group photo though... looks like Beni-Shouga used to be a 4-piece band. Did they get into some kind of disagreement over whether or not to accept any of the record label offers? If so, then that might explain the other two girls in the photo with stickers censoring their faces.
Romax24245May 27, 8:13 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

28 by AnimeForever196 »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

94 by leirbaggsup »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Vote here if you want them all move to the same apartment and living together!

mufarari - May 15

7 by mufarari »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » What's Your Most Favourite Togenashi Togeari Song?

InfinityPotato - Mar 31

14 by Horizon248 »»
10 hours ago

» Was it really? Or is it like Hibike?

gawed - May 26

10 by Mikarin_Enjoyer »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.