Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Mar 24, 1:19 AM
Feb 2022
THIS ANIME SO GOOD WTH
Mar 24, 2:50 PM

Aug 2019
epiku faitoo.

the kids really are strong
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 4:01 PM
Dec 2021
Coi rất cuốn theo mạch truyện
Mar 25, 9:06 AM
Feb 2022
Great ep! Loved thee action and fights!
Mar 26, 8:15 AM
Mar 2018
This episode really flew by, what with those engrossing fights! Beautifully directed and animated with such dynamic precision, it truly was a gorgeous spectacle!
Mar 28, 4:33 PM

May 2021
Didn’t expect fern to attack that fast lol
Replicating a technique doesn’t mean you can use it effectively lol
Inhales oxygen
Mar 29, 8:02 PM
Apr 2020
My god what an amazing episode
Mar 30, 4:35 AM
Sep 2023
good animation thumbs up
Mar 30, 1:22 PM
Aug 2022
aura char is off, this arc turned me off a bit
Mar 30, 6:16 PM

Aug 2011
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Stark. whyyy stark T.T NOO T.T 私のとても素敵なリーニエー
WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO MY DEMON WIFE T.T t.t

(She left you to live even D: D: )

Vengeace Stark, Vengeance!!!!!!!! T.T

VyaiskayaMar 30, 6:25 PM
Mar 31, 11:06 AM
Jan 2023
Jalan cerita yang luar biasa, saya sangat menyukainya, cerita yang ringan
Apr 1, 5:22 AM

Jul 2013
Ofc the demon boss is a little girl. Cause an adult woman with an adult body is illegal in anime ffs. Good episode though. Fuck them demons
Apr 4, 7:27 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Was planning to wait till the end of an arc or half way point to post again, but I had a few things to say about this one so figured I’d throw them on here lol. And here I thought at least the first half of this show would be more chill and focused on the journey, but here we are on episode 9 and we got some beautifully animated fights, and it’s not Frieren this time, it’s the two youngsters taking on some powerful demons. It really did look amazing too, I think that shot of the “fireworks” as both Fern and Stark went for their killing blows was especially awesome.

And speaking of the fights, I wanted to comment on Stark’s fight with Linie, and it’s that the whole aspect of imitating other fighters’ styles really reminded me of a favorite fight of mine from Dragon Ball GT, being the Sigma Force fight, and although it didn’t play out the exact same way it did use the fact she’s an “imitation” as her weakness and allowed Stark to defeat her, Stark is most definitely not gonna be alright after that hit but it was a cool way to win, I also just liked the whole “never give up” thing they had going there too. And I guess in the next one we’ll get to see how this arc ends with hopefully the rest of Frieren’s fight with Aura, it should be an exciting end to this first full fledged arc of the series, and there’s still so much left to go too lol.
Apr 9, 2:15 PM
Sep 2022
Best episode so far, for me. Not a moment was wasted here.
Apr 10, 2:14 PM
Mar 2024
Well-developed backstory!
Apr 12, 6:00 AM
Aug 2023
Stark and Fern actually helped each other to survive their respective battles, despite the battles being separate. Fern caused the urgency in Lugner to call Linie for help, and since Lugner normally doesn't like her interfering with his battles, Linie's urgency caused her to not finish Stark when he was downed. Stark getting back up prevented Linie to assist Lugner, so Fern couldn't be doubled teamed. Linie's death pretty much signaled Lugner's eventual defeat, he knew it, which is why he lost quickly right after.

I also want to point out a reoccurring theme with Stark, he keeps thinking he's not good enough when he actually is, and this doubt keeps almost defeating him. In this battle Linie kept defeating him, but it turns out her attacks are much weaker than Eisen's which she's copying, which is why he won and survived at the end when he thought they were going to end up killing each other. I think Stark kept getting downed because he was getting mentally defeated each time, not physically defeated. He kept thinking he was no match for Eisen technique, so he's going to lose. Then he struggled to get back up each time, probably due to his mental defeat rather than a physical defeat. I'd wager if he didn't have this self-doubt to begin with, he wouldn't have ever been downed by Linie.
Apr 12, 9:16 AM
Aug 2020
shonen indeed
surprise attacks with advance notice, monologues, monologues and monologues
This isn't a fight, it's a podcast
Apr 12, 2:50 PM
Nov 2022
stark the goat fr ong
Apr 13, 1:29 PM
Jul 2023
I was really curious about the budget of this anime. Is this drawing quality real? The scenes are like a real movie, not like an anime.
Apr 17, 5:03 PM
Oct 2022
She is a mage and a slayer. Everyone in this world seems to have respect for her for what she did to the demon king, but she never seems to bring this up to get her out of trouble. Oh? She thinks certain types of magic are gross. She keeps the necklaces on her headless dead. Allegedly her power is beyond human comprehension, but I find that quite unlikely. If she puts freeren on the scale she will lose, as we know freeren is the strongest mage in the world. There is Mana in the blood. Kool she swings it silly. He is a demon with an ego. He hands her the opportunity for a surprise attack, and she does not take it. They have both dedicated their whole existence to magic demons have hearts. She is chill and unbothered in the heart of battle. Very kool. He is fighting against the techniques of his mentor. Now that the action has truly started, I am enjoying this. She cuts his sholder and decides to assume he is dead and slowly walk away, rather than quickly finish him off when given the chance. If you haven’t lost, There is a point to fighting even if you know you won’t win. He throws away yet another opportunity for a sneak attack. She wins with the mutated magic of a demon. Good fights, good animation. should have been doing more of this from the start. I hope it keeps it up. 5
Apr 19, 1:48 PM
Apr 2022
The animation looks absolutely INSANE!!! I'm now interesting in being one of Frieren-sama's disciples 🥺
Apr 20, 12:36 PM

Jul 2022
Fern and Stark each fighting their respective battles was great to see. Especially for Stark, he received validation of his skills through being able to win against his master, Eisen's fighting style copied by Linie.
Apr 21, 3:54 AM

Feb 2021
Wow, they managed to win the fight.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 30, 7:21 AM
Feb 2021
One of the best fight scenes I have ever watched, beautiful
May 4, 4:23 PM

Mar 2015
I re-watched the episode and I noticed something impressive.

I don't know if anyone has posted this already but

Don't mess with Fern!
The sword that takes life gives life
May 4, 4:57 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Lightning-strike

ZOLTRAKK

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 8, 2:23 PM

Apr 2013
Linie was a real glass cannon, huh? Able to dish a lot of damage out, but got destroyed in one attack once she couldn't defend anymore. I was wondering how Stark measures up to Fern when it comes to fighting abilities and it looked like Fern is much stronger. Simply because her opponent is the superior of Stark's opponent and Stark got pressured a lot. But in the end Fern also needed an opening that Stark gave her to finish off Lügner, so maybe they're on a similar level.
Though I feel like power levels don't work in this anime anyway, since Stark was able to kill that dragon back then with ease, while Fern would've died in the attempt.
May 8, 5:27 PM

Nov 2023
That fight was sooo epic bruh, the animators did their job well. All Stark needed was warriorism, and for Fern, all she needed was distraction of her enemy.
May 8, 6:33 PM
Apr 2024
An anime that deserves the highest rating
May 11, 6:53 PM

Jul 2021
Another very good episode with some outstanding animation. Frieren pulling up on Aura was very cool and the way she was floating in the sky was amazing. Aura with an army of soldiers was very cool and the wide shots showing how many she had was cool. Auras technique is also very cool and i would love to here more about throughout the next episode.

The moment were Stark was talking about going out alone i thought he was gonna go fight both of the demons and i was proud of him but it turns out he wanted to go get Frieren, it was nice when Fern wanted to go out with him showing she cares for him.

Starks fight against that lady demon was quite cool and her technique was very interesting as well, though her attacks didnt have much wait she got plenty of hits in on Stark but Starks will power was to much for her as he got up again and again and again showing that his training was worth it in the end.

Ferns fight against that demon was alsko amaizng with her showing her true power and how she can cast spell after spell again and again. That guy with the blood magic was interesting though his technique wasnt as cool as his lady friend though it was still cool.

May 13, 1:07 PM
Jan 2022
Very complex episode
May 13, 10:02 PM
Feb 2016
This show is so slow, and its written like eight-year-olds playing with action figures, "but no, my guy has this power and completely wins."
May 25, 7:28 AM
Mar 2023
the backstory into frieren and flamme's relationship and the concept deceiving demons with mana the way the deceive humans with words. contrasting things that hold weight in their worlds
May 25, 3:47 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to Raborne
This show is so slow, and its written like eight-year-olds playing with action figures, "but no, my guy has this power and completely wins."
@Raborne bruh what do you mean?
May 30, 6:29 AM
Jun 2015
Lightning Strike!!! 🪓⚡️——🤸🏼‍♂️😵
Zoltraak!! 🪄——🧟‍♂️

Gg 🏴‍☠️
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» When will S2 happen ;__;

FrierenSimpKing - May 29

35 by Scyon »»
10 hours ago

» Is Himmel a Manic Pixie Dream Boy?

Moonshine_cookie - Yesterday

15 by Mdraj6996 »»
Today, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

333 by haminshamin »»
Yesterday, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

273 by Arxanum »»
Yesterday, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2023

232 by Vindicater »»
May 31, 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.