Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2015 8:21 PM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting how all this ended as a prologue for Pokémon XY&Z
Oct 29, 2015 10:00 PM

Sep 2008
yeah, just by this last episode now we have a real reason why alan will proof to be worthy rival for ash, and one unlike paul(evil) and tobias (legendaries? rly?) , one who is like him, another good guy, but with a more important objective

i'm happy he wasnt in the game, it wouldnt had been as nearly as epic

just wishing they don't ruin this one like all of the times before, by making all the real characters pussies so that ash can be the "hero"
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 3, 2015 9:45 PM

Jan 2013
ooh so XYZ picks up where this and the main series combines.
Nov 4, 2015 10:44 AM

May 2009
I get the feeling Ash and Alan are going to conflict through the baby Zygarde. Overal was this a nice action packed episode, we'll see Lion hair his true colors pretty soon.
Nov 4, 2015 1:51 PM

Apr 2014
Why was this special only 4 episodes?!?!

I don't watch the "normal" pokemon because I think Ash is really annoying, but now I want to watch it just to see what Alan will do. I want Manon to smile again ;_;

Personally, I would love to see a series following Alan and Manon instead of Ash, but I guess that'll never happen...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2015 8:14 AM

May 2009
NewADance said:

I don't watch the "normal" pokemon because I think Ash is really annoying, but now I want to watch it just to see what Alan will do. I want Manon to smile again ;_;

Personally, I would love to see a series following Alan and Manon instead of Ash, but I guess that'll never happen...

Why do you think we watch XY? It's well written and Ash is very competent, he has a fair shot for the league with his OP team.
Nov 8, 2015 5:50 AM

Apr 2013
Lysandre is shaping into a pretty decent villain. Though Alain can get pretty annoying with his one dimensional "I want to become stronger" mindset... this makes him no different than many of the shounen protagonists out there.

Looks like there are a lot of things we can anticipate in Pokemon XY&Z, Team Flare should reveal themselves soon enough, and things will get messy with Zygarde running around. Not to mention Ash and Alain will cross paths and let's hope Ash gets a good Mega Evo Pokemon and battle it out!

Nov 25, 2015 9:03 AM

May 2010
this special proved that we seriously need some "other" pokemon anime because seriously the main series with Ash is just keep repeating and just getting so boring

while here in this special its something new,theres action and even tho its just 4 episodes they were much better than the main pokemon series

i just wish they would make some better pokemon anime than the one with Ash
Whats falling from sky is not rain, but tears.
----------------------------------------------------
Everyone laushing to one because he is different,
One laughing to everyone because their all same.
Apr 14, 2016 1:23 PM

Jul 2013
Hmmm, so this will now run in to XY&Z? good thing they started showing that here too now, recording the first episode of that tomorrow. I loved XY and can't wait for XY&Z, especially if Alain is in it.

I can't believe Lysandre made Alain battle all those other people with mega evolved Pokemon in a row.

What was all that craziness in the lab? they are using the stone to combine Pokemon or force some kind of mega evolution? I knew he was evil and poor Chespy got hurt.

Awww, Mairin was so upset about it and it made Alain get angry and get crazy eyes which tbh was pretty damn sexy ...

I hope Chespy gets better and Alain can make Mairin smile again.

I wish this had been made in to a full series by itself and not had anything to do with Ash and yes Ash and his journey is repetitive. Another reason why I gave up during Advanced and didn't watch for 12 years until XY lol. They could do with changing the main character every region like Digimon seems to and I've only watched Fusion but I know they always have different characters.
stephtastropheApr 14, 2016 1:37 PM
May 8, 2016 8:33 AM

Jun 2010
The episode was okay, but I hoped so hard that Alan would lost the final battle.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2016 12:54 AM

Nov 2014
Okay, before I say anything else I have to get this out of the way.
OMG OMG OMG OMG
At like 12:25 ish into the episode, when Chespie vine whipped the scientists hand. I KNOW THAT GUYS VOICE but I can't put my finger on it. Was he Gary from the original series? Or Professor Oak? Oh wait they had the same voice actors. He was SOMEONE. As soon as I heard him say "Where did you come from?" I got hit with a wave of nostalgia. I have to know who that was omg.

Okay now onto the rest. That part where Mairin was crying and Alain got upset was SO COOL. He almost looked like Eren (AOT) going after a Titan for a second xD

So it just ends like that though? Chespin is still unconscious! I wanna know if it wakes up...

Also, I wonder if...
Jul 30, 2016 11:09 AM
Jan 2011
Alan proved to be quite like Ash in battle personality. His strategy is just attack, attack, and attack some more, remaining the last man standing with pure guts XD. He is a really good anti hero! The writers finally got something right after 20 years with this character. I really think all of Ash's previous rivals pale in comparison to Alan, they were all two dimensional characters that only served the purpose of being a wall for Ash to scale over and vanish from sight as soon as Ash defeats them.

I feel Manon's character needs improvement. So far she hasn't show any quality that makes her different and worth respect. Her motivations seem shallow and so far her story has been pretty left out. Perhaps in xyz she will play more of a role and make me understand why Alan is so attached to her. But for now I'll reserve my judgement on that.
Aug 19, 2016 9:18 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Blast Burn should not have affected Houndoom due to Flash Fire but well it's anime so things don't make sense at times.

That Mega Venasaur gave Charizard a good battle. Got that Poison going and was pretty much chipping damage by stalling Charizard with the vines.
Overall Alan's a pretty good trainer, takes on 10 megas in a row, some of which had type advantage over Zard.

Aug 25, 2016 9:46 PM

Jan 2016
An interesting series. Now that I notice... isn't this the first time we see someone from the Elite Four being defeated by someone else who is not the champion?

LovelyHikari said:
Blast Burn should not have affected Houndoom due to Flash Fire but well it's anime so things don't make sense at times.

That Mega Venasaur gave Charizard a good battle. Got that Poison going and was pretty much chipping damage by stalling Charizard with the vines.
Overall Alan's a pretty good trainer, takes on 10 megas in a row, some of which had type advantage over Zard.

Type-wise he had a clear advantage over the majority of them (Bug, Steel, Dragon) and then you have one that was incredibly intelligent, the Alakazam trainer, who used a physical move despite Alakazam stats lmao
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 3, 2016 9:35 AM
Mar 2009
Those OVAS are amazing! I fall in Love with Madon. Isso really thought That she was I boy in the first OVA than I payed attention on the subs. and realized that she was a girls. More crush because Alan need a partner and Manon feet so well

Amazing battles and characheters. The elite four Domo is good tio.

Brillant antagonista Lysandro.

Now continuous on Pokemon XY & Z!
Oct 16, 2016 7:47 PM

Dec 2012
I dislike that green haired trainer. He reminds me of scumbag Insector Haga.

Alan using berries and potions tho.

I loved that Manon crying scene.

So Fleur had Zygarde.

Pachira. :)

DAT HELLGAR TONGUE!

DAT BLAST BURN!

DAT ALAN BERSERK FACE! Kensho Ono in similar roles.

What an end to a great special. I thought XY was good, but Mega Evolution was great. The tone and battles were just on another level compared to XY. We need more like this.
RobOct 16, 2016 8:00 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 13, 2016 9:18 AM

Sep 2016
im surprised how good this 4 episode special. but this alan dude is so clueless, he becomes lysandre's faithful dog lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 25, 2019 11:33 PM

Jul 2013
My thoughts for all 4 episodes:

A pretty good prologue. Alan seems kinda boring at first. Basically "I wanna get stronger" type of guy and Lysander's puppy but at least he found some motivation in Manon. The cold guy + loli partner combo is probably one of my favorite tropes in anime lol.

Holy shit Mega Garchomp got beaten lmfao. That moment when your normal form outclasses your mega. Shit hit too real in the games.

At least the writers were reasonable enough with Charizard. I would have flipped my laptop if Mega Blastoise lost. Know your limits lol.

Rayquaza babysitting Groudon and Kyogre again.

And wtf happened to Chespin? Poor Manon.
Dull_LullAug 25, 2019 11:37 PM
Apr 15, 2020 6:51 PM

Dec 2008
Haha, I was also thinking about Insector Haga with the green haired kid.

If you think Ash's previous rivals were all two-dimensional, you need to go back and watch the previous seasons.... Or just stop bashing the old anime at every opportunity, please.

They've given Alan an interesting backstory with these episodes. But I will go back to where I left off in XYZ not knowing much more about him, imo. I agree that they seemed to want us to know that Alan and Manon had this bond but didn't develop it very well. They'll still have time, maybe. Alan's okay, not the greatest character ever but hey he's very cool and has a freaking Charizard so of course people are gonna love him. Look forward to seeing him again.
Mar 1, 2021 8:05 PM
Jan 2021
NewADance said:

if you actually watched XY/Z you would know Ash isn’t annoying and instead mature and a leader
Mar 1, 2021 8:12 PM
Jan 2021
prepare4trouble said:
Haha, I was also thinking about Insector Haga with the green haired kid.

If you think Ash's previous rivals were all two-dimensional, you need to go back and watch the previous seasons.... Or just stop bashing the old anime at every opportunity, please.

They've given Alan an interesting backstory with these episodes. But I will go back to where I left off in XYZ not knowing much more about him, imo. I agree that they seemed to want us to know that Alan and Manon had this bond but didn't develop it very well. They'll still have time, maybe. Alan's okay, not the greatest character ever but hey he's very cool and has a freaking Charizard so of course people are gonna love him. Look forward to seeing him again.
jHe is Ash’s strongest rival
Jun 8, 2021 8:45 AM

Feb 2021
Hmm so those were the Zygarde cells huh? Also poor Chespin for falling into that coma like state. Also the battles were pretty darn amazing!

Nov 22, 2023 2:53 AM

Feb 2020
Então esse episódio que tá interligado com o primeiro episódio de XYZ... Entendido. Depois de ter finalizado hoje XY e a Mega Evolution, amanhã comeceçarei assistir a série de XYZ.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Special Episode: The Strongest Mega Evolution - Act I Episode 1 Discussion

belatkuro - Apr 4, 2014

34 by PrOxAnto »»
Jan 5, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY: Mega Evolution Episode 3 Discussion

HiyuuT - Mar 19, 2015

19 by Nerdason »»
Nov 19, 2023 2:35 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY: Mega Evolution Episode 2 Discussion

HiyuuT - Nov 6, 2014

16 by Nerdason »»
Nov 16, 2023 4:37 AM

» Pokemon XY: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act 3~: Promo

memorial_address - Dec 3, 2014

2 by SViper »»
Mar 17, 2015 1:19 AM

» Pokemon XY Special: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act 2~ announced

DeadUser - May 16, 2014

6 by Hyack »»
Oct 14, 2014 4:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.