Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2015 11:22 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa surprised no one made a thread yet.

Overall we get a lot of action especially from Kyogre and Groudon. Guess most of the episode was a showcase for the Primal formes as well as Mega Rayquaza though we did get that Mega Tyranitar at the end. Man but Devon corp's private jet was pretty sweet and Maron was pretty cute too. Wonder how long this whole special will last and what Lysandre is up to. Alan still better than Satoshi tho bwahahaha
Mar 21, 2015 2:04 PM

Jun 2013
Manon so cute
Weakness is a sin!
Mar 21, 2015 11:31 PM

Sep 2011
I have been waiting for this for decades~~Awesome all the way!!!
Mar 23, 2015 2:33 PM
Jun 2011
next act which said to be the climax will air in fall 2015
Apr 2, 2015 3:29 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That was an intense battle. We got to see Precipice Blades and Origin Pulse. I thin that green blast Groudon used was Solorbeam, and Kyogre with Blizzard. What other moves were used besides those I named?

Alan's Charizard held its own against Groudon. Got a few hits but lost due to a sneak attack Precipice Blades. Mega Rayquaza went boss mode. Groudon/Kyogre double teaming but then they lose a la Team Rocket lol. Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent just goes for a direct attack, both Kyo and Groudon look as they get wiped out.

I give Manon props, she went out there scared but didn't let that prevent her from saving Alan. The scene kind of reminded me of that Walrein/Sealeo/Spheal scene from Destiny Deoxys. Both Manon and that little girl were scared.

The determination to keep following Alan is what I like about her.

If I'm not mistaken that was Lysandre in his Lysandre Labs. Mega Tyranitar also being shown.

Overall, it was a very good episode. I'm anxious to see Mega Mewtwo(Any Form) vs Alan's Charizard, if it does happen.

Apr 2, 2015 3:40 PM
Mar 2013
Indeed it was pretty intense. Mega Charizard got the full brunt of the Precipice Blades. Ouch that must have hurt. I like how they showed Charizard's tail flame flickering out. That was a nice throwback to its pokedex entry and to the original season of Pokemon.

And yeah I agree, Groudon must've used Solarbeam, though being a dragon/fire type Alan's Charizard has a 4x resistance to it. And simiarly with Metagross and Kyogre's ice-type attacks but only a 2x resistance. Over all it was clear that Steven is still a lot stronger then Alan at the moment.

On cue, Mega Rayquaza shows up to save the day! To be honest there really was no other way to stop Groudon and Kyogre otherwise. Such an awesome pokemon but also really powerful too. It'd take a miracle to survive if Rayquayza ever went on a rampage. But then again it's so strong it probably would never let that happen to it in the first place.

SweetKotomi said:
If I'm not mistaken that was Lysandre in his Lysandre Labs. Mega Tyranitar also being shown.

Overall, it was a very good episode. I'm anxious to see Mega Mewtwo(Any Form) vs Alan's Charizard, if it does happen.
Yup that was him alright. I wonder if we will be seeing him in the main series anime any time soon.

I agree it was a nice episode and we got to see Manon and Alan's bond grow even stronger.
Apr 2, 2015 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
Finally seeing Mega Rayquaza, Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon on screen at the same time was great! Really great fight scenes. Manon really cares for Alan a lot, I'm really glad Alan realises that. Manon is really cute though. xD I really wish this was a main Pokemon series.
Apr 4, 2015 4:49 PM

Nov 2013
Them mega evolution fights are intense!

God, it looked like Charizard got killed by Precipice Blades, but we all know they can't show that e3e
Aug 5, 2015 12:58 AM

Dec 2011
Everything was awesome this episode. My goodness. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2015 8:50 PM

Jun 2013
If Alan had 6 pokemons, that would be better than only one charizard to fight.
Aug 18, 2015 10:27 AM

Aug 2015
To be honest as much as Maron is annoying she still is a very brave girl despite being scared. In order to be brave you need to have fear so kudos to her.

Alan is a reckless jerk and I find him a bit bland at times. Just being the strongest isn't enough to flesh out his character.

And Steven is being awesome as usual. To bring Maron back to Kalos region is very nice of him buuuuuut I think the pretty boy has something else in mind...to find that giant rock and he knows Lysandre has it. Of course he would be suspicious.

I feel like Groudon did more than Kyogre in this. Like what Groudon did was loads more awesome than what Kyogre offered to the table.

Overall a nice episode.
"I -AM- ELECTRICITY." -Gunvolt
Aug 25, 2015 1:10 AM

Nov 2014
FINALLY.
That was a great Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza battle!
I totally forgot that girls name until Steven called it out. (Maryn? Marin?)
That Metagross and Chespin fist bump lol
Is Alain related to Sycamore? I don't remember, but they totally look like father and son.
The Alain and Maryn hug was so sweet lol. I totally ship them now even though I'm not really much of a Maryn fan. She's cute though.
Even Steven saw it. (Lol I just said "even Steven" xD)
Alain: "She's just a nuisance"
Steven: "But that's not how you really feel"
xD
Apr 14, 2016 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
The battle between Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza was epic! Rayquaza didn't want the others to get their hands on that giant rock and reverted them back from primal form.

It's Mairin in the dub. I don't think Alain and Sycamore are related, they've never said they are. I guess they do look sort of alike though. Never thought of that.

I loved Alain and Mairin's hug at the end, it was so sweet that she went to save him.

I think she's kind of a sweet girl and she's really grown attached to to Alain and they've become good friends and you know he doesn't really think she's a nuisance. I think they are cute together although not sure it's okay to ship them as I think he's older than her.

I don't think Alain's a jerk, he comes across that way ironically because he does care. I think he's a really awesome character and love him and he's hot <3
May 8, 2016 7:49 AM

Jun 2010
I don't really like these mega evolution things, but the battle between pokemons was great.
Also I don't like Alan at all. He's somehow annoying and I dislike characters who are always "don't be with me or you'll get hurt" even I know they might think of others while saying that.
But the hug at the end was cute and I was so happy that he thanked Mairin.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2016 10:57 PM

Jul 2016
HOLY SHIT!
Did the staff of Studio Trigger make an appearance or something? When Primal Kyogre entered the stage and fired Origin Pulse, I thought Satsuki Kiryuin was gonna pop up or something.

This is one of the many examples.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Oct 2, 2016 9:56 PM

Dec 2012
Holy shit! Best episode in the XY series.

Gojira!

Mega Lizardon spinning around Groudon's blast and dodging them rocks was badass.

Mega Lizardon getting hit by that rock made my jaw drop.

Mega Rayquaza using Accel Synchro was on Groudon and Kyogre was epic.

Whole battle was epic AF!

lol at Fleur taking the megalith away.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 3, 2019 1:41 PM
Feb 2019
I love Pokemon mega evaluation spacial
Apr 15, 2020 9:06 AM

Dec 2008
Manon and Harimaron are basically the same character except one is pokemon one is human, heh. Yeah Alan seems way older than Manon, so though they seem to be getting close it doesn't seem like it'll be romantic at all.

Pretty action packed episode, liked it.
Jun 8, 2021 8:14 AM

Feb 2021
Damn the Primal Reversions looks way cooler than the original form! Action packed episode!

Nov 19, 2023 2:35 PM

Feb 2020
Simplesmente o mega shinka reykuza:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Special Episode: The Strongest Mega Evolution - Act I Episode 1 Discussion

belatkuro - Apr 4, 2014

34 by PrOxAnto »»
Jan 5, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY: Mega Evolution Episode 4 Discussion

JosephTico - Oct 29, 2015

22 by Nerdason »»
Nov 22, 2023 2:53 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY: Mega Evolution Episode 2 Discussion

HiyuuT - Nov 6, 2014

16 by Nerdason »»
Nov 16, 2023 4:37 AM

» Pokemon XY: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act 3~: Promo

memorial_address - Dec 3, 2014

2 by SViper »»
Mar 17, 2015 1:19 AM

» Pokemon XY Special: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act 2~ announced

DeadUser - May 16, 2014

6 by Hyack »»
Oct 14, 2014 4:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.