Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2014 7:49 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Act II, we see Daigo/Stephen and Team flare dude. I love how uhh dark? not quite the word I'm looking for but I guess how serious this whole plot is; ALSO Alan looking for power cuz of Mega Charizard and the girl looking worried about his whole drive for doing all this is quite rewarding and different from the usual Pokemon tone. Mega Rayquaza makes an appearance and we see some sneak of the Hoenn legendaries. That mega montage at the end was brilliant too.
Nov 7, 2014 3:17 AM
Jun 2011
mega evolution act 3 will air in spring 2015 i look foward to more lysandre
Nov 13, 2014 6:53 PM

Jul 2013
Cool, Stephen has joined their group. His battle with Alan was interrupted, but I think that Mega Metagross (Mega-gross :P ) is a bit stronger than Alan's Mega Charizard

Damn, Rayquaza is so majestic... next time we are most likely going to see Primal Groudon and Kyogre
Nov 13, 2014 8:58 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Did Rayquaza use Dragon Ascent on Charizard?

The move looked very good, and it also had Draco Meteor. The elegance of Rayquaza's mega form went well with it.

Mega Charizard battle Steven's Mega Metagross. To me, Metagross was slightly better since it had higher speed. Having an increase in speed increases chance to evade and use attacks.

So Spring 2015, Primarl Groudon/Kyogre

Nov 13, 2014 11:07 PM

Nov 2014
Yeah, Rayquaza did use Dragon Ascent on Charizard, and it looked awesome. I still don't like the fact that Dragon Ascent is a flying type attack over a dragon type attack like the name would suggest, oh well.

Alan pulled an Ash and dove in to save Manon from that deadly Draco Meteor. I'm a little upset that we didn't get to see Mega Metagross go for any hits on Rayquaza.

I have a lot of questions after seeing everything destroyed. It sucks that we have to wait till Spring to get any answers =/ Maybe the games will have some similar plot and answer them now? I doubt it xD.
NinjaIshyNov 13, 2014 11:55 PM
Nov 14, 2014 10:15 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
NinjaIshy said:
Yeah, Rayquaza did use Dragon Ascent on Charizard, and it looked awesome. I still don't like the fact that Dragon Ascent is a flying type attack over a dragon type attack like the name would suggest, oh well.

Alan pulled an Ash and dove in to save Manon from that deadly Draco Meteor. I'm a little upset that we didn't get to see Mega Metagross go for any hits on Rayquaza.

I have a lot of questions after seeing everything destroyed. It sucks that we have to wait till Spring to get any answers =/ Maybe the games will have some similar plot and answer them now? I doubt it xD.

Rayquaza looked as if it only wanted to destroy that monolith if that's what it was called. If it wanted to it would have attacked the humans as well.

Meta Metagross would have had a better shot at getting some good hits on Mega Rayquaza. Being much faster than Mega Charizard perhaps it would've avoided some hits.

Nov 28, 2014 9:34 AM

Jan 2013
Steven became 2 feet shorter S:

I remember he was super tall in gen 3 anime haha.
Feb 7, 2015 3:33 PM

Mar 2013
NinjaIshy said:

Are you sure it was Dragon Ascent? It seemed more like ExtremeSpeed to me.
Feb 11, 2015 6:27 AM

Aug 2010
Mmm, I preferred Act I. This one had too much exposition, which normally isn't a bad thing, but the dialogue in Pokémon isn't great.

The climax with Rayquaza was certainly explosive, though.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jul 19, 2015 7:13 AM

Jul 2013
Alan was cool again and Steven was too. What happened with the giant rock was awesome.

Lysandre wants to use the power for good or at least so he says.

It was cool how Rayquaza awoke the primal Pokemon!
Aug 5, 2015 12:26 AM

Dec 2011
Knowing Lysandre from the games, can really tell he is evil... but what he is doing right now is not that bad yet.

Seeing Steven is a plus too. Keep on adding more Mega Evolutions.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2015 7:06 AM

Dec 2013
I should seriously stop watching this special in dub, the voice actors for almost all the characters are just appalling. I understand there's a lot of unraveling and action going on in this episode but they somehow feel weaker and forced, even for Pokemon standards. The first act was by no means great but I think they really hit the exposition of Mega Evolution a lot better than this episode did.

3/5.
Apr 14, 2016 1:01 PM

Jul 2013
I rewatched this again today as CITV in the UK showed the first two again before the last two lol.

I'm watching the dub and I think the voice acting is good, I love Alain's voice.

I still think Lysandre is evil.
Sep 3, 2016 11:17 PM

Dec 2012
Daigo is back.

LMAO at Alan using game logic(eye contact) to get Daigo to battle him.

Alan waas going to get beat by Daigo.

Fleur finally appears.

It's morphin time.

Mega Rayquaza too stronk and looks like the dragon zord.
RobSep 5, 2016 12:13 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 14, 2020 6:31 PM

Dec 2008
Ship pushing Manon and Alan already? She is cute and he is cool, but they just met.

The anime sure loves shiny metagross.
Jun 7, 2021 10:51 PM

Feb 2021
Damn the champion had a shiny metagross. Also Mega Rauquaza looking sick as heck!

Nov 16, 2023 4:37 AM

Feb 2020
Daigo da EVO 2004

Eu acho muito absurdo o reikuza ter uma mega shinka, o bicho já é apelão só por ser um lendário

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Special Episode: The Strongest Mega Evolution - Act I Episode 1 Discussion

belatkuro - Apr 4, 2014

34 by PrOxAnto »»
Jan 5, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY: Mega Evolution Episode 4 Discussion

JosephTico - Oct 29, 2015

22 by Nerdason »»
Nov 22, 2023 2:53 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY: Mega Evolution Episode 3 Discussion

HiyuuT - Mar 19, 2015

19 by Nerdason »»
Nov 19, 2023 2:35 PM

» Pokemon XY: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act 3~: Promo

memorial_address - Dec 3, 2014

2 by SViper »»
Mar 17, 2015 1:19 AM

» Pokemon XY Special: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act 2~ announced

DeadUser - May 16, 2014

6 by Hyack »»
Oct 14, 2014 4:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.