Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2011 3:58 PM
Jul 2009
Wow.....I kinda spoiled it for myself that it was Braun when I thought of Knox's 1st (culprit always is present from the beginning of the story) since he was the only character that hadn't had any thing revealed about him...but I was still a little surprised. Okabe finally realizes what the first d-mail he sent was...

I'm pretty sure I've figured out how Makise died...and if I'm right then its possible she won't be dead when they revert the D-mails...though if ALL events reverted to the very start of the show then she probably would be.
Aug 16, 2011 4:00 PM

Mar 2008
so for Okabe its a choice between Kurisu or Mayuri.
Hmmm....tough choice.

Im for Kurisu though :)
Aug 16, 2011 4:05 PM

Aug 2010
This has been one hell of a ride and it looks like it's going to be a crazy finish. I'm so looking forward to this.
Aug 16, 2011 4:06 PM
Apr 2008
Remember what the first episode is called folks?

http://i.imgur.com/ZNua7.png
Aug 16, 2011 4:08 PM

Feb 2011
JAPF said:

I haven't forgotten. Coming full circle in that sense was always the way this series was going to end. It's the only way a series like this CAN end. That doesn't necessarily mean it'll end on the original world line.
Aug 16, 2011 4:08 PM

Jan 2010
WOW...all I can say is I have offically been super mindf**ked. I think this episode is the biggest one for the moment. Lets just hope the producers dont f**k it up and make the ending totally blow. Btw as much as I love Mayurii, I much rather have Christina.

PS: is the VN aviable in english and for PSP? If so is it possible to find an iso of it online? I really wanna get it now XD
Aug 16, 2011 4:10 PM

Aug 2010
rarri said:
My brain exploded from the intensity and suspense. This episode was fucking gold.

and Mr.Braun is fking CRAZY!!!
Aug 16, 2011 4:18 PM

Jan 2009
lol at all the " i knew it was braun " xD

i just hope they use makise's ending Completely and don't mess with it
amirhossAug 16, 2011 4:24 PM
Aug 16, 2011 4:23 PM

Feb 2011
cookieninja said:
Btw as much as I love Mayurii, I much rather have Christina

"-tina" も禁止!
Aug 16, 2011 4:23 PM

Oct 2010
STM said:
bakuramariks said:
It's obvious now. Everything will end the way it started!

;_;

No, that can't be! There has to be a world where both Kurisu and Mayushii survive, and where SERN doesn't create a dystopia. There has to. ;_;

There is, but it'll probably be too hard to get there

5/5
Aug 16, 2011 4:27 PM

Feb 2011
Supergrunt8 said:

There is, but it'll probably be too hard to get there

Pfft. "Too hard" isn't in the vocabulary of the great Hououin Kyouma. EL PSY CONGROO.
Aug 16, 2011 5:51 PM

Oct 2010
Like I said some serious shit will need to occur to save them both.
Aug 16, 2011 5:52 PM

Dec 2007
So who didn't see this obvious outcome? =P
Aug 16, 2011 5:56 PM

Oct 2010
Day2Dream said:

I bet this guy didn't: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=310355
Aug 16, 2011 6:00 PM

Aug 2010
This episode couldn't be more epic.

The cat's out of the bag and confirms my fear that Kurisu must die in order to save the world..DAMN! I don't want that! she is one of the few tsundere that I actually like D:
*Which is pretty obvious when you watch the ending and you see Kurisu trapped in the flow of time instead of Mayuri*
And with this episode my hate for Moeka ended...also Mister Brawn = FB!?!? didn't see that one coming at all.
Aug 16, 2011 6:08 PM

Dec 2007
hikaricore said:
Day2Dream said:

I bet this guy didn't: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=310355

I face palmed =_=.

Blackbird said:
If it's a novell then it show a lot of details since it doesn't show anything about Nao about her time travelling.

kaimax said:
A Large chunk of the story got omitted, but honestly the part that was cut just complicated the whole situtation and it will need more episodes which we can't have.

so if anyone's wondering
WALL OF SPOILER for the omitted scenes. Read on your own violation.
I bolded the omitted parts

Dang. Nice additional information. Wished they included it but oh well. Would have loved to see

JAPF said:

I mentioned that in an earlier topic. =P
Aug 16, 2011 6:09 PM

Jan 2011
man my mind was blown more then once! i totally forgot how she died in the first episode :( and even now no one knows how that happened
Aug 16, 2011 6:24 PM

Nov 2010
Masterpiece XD Damn, wish he manages to save Kurisu though.

Hey, something beats me... if in the original world line they could save Kurisu by Okabe letting Daru know about her death with its D-mail, can't they possibly create other logical D-Mails to save Mayuri to move on to other worldlines which is not either alpha or beta they're in? I know Mayuri's death was certain, so she died in whatever circumstances Okabe D-mailed, but I feel strange that Kurisu was saved by that very first D-mail while they can't save Mayuri whatever Okabe does. I guess the most logical way is to find and send other coherent D-mails in order to save Mayuri and fight the SERNs back.

Btw, have Mister Braun and Moeka been saved by that D-mail or are they at the same situation as Mayuri? Man, I really should get this VN thing asap
Aug 16, 2011 6:33 PM

Nov 2010
The moment Kurisu dies again, I drop this show.
Aug 16, 2011 6:46 PM

Apr 2008
Oh god i rewatched episode 1 and so much stuff sticks out like:

I think he’ll find a way to save both of them, but at a devastating cost, though there is a possibility of just letting Kurisu die and Mayuri live, but this is Steins;Gate aka if you think it'll happen one way, it'll actually happen five different ways.
apolloisfineAug 16, 2011 6:51 PM
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Aug 16, 2011 7:05 PM

Apr 2011
So we've got Kurisu's death on one end of the divergence line, and Mayuri's on the other. I'm sure there's gotta be a way to save both, but how? Diverging the timeline all the way to C? Would that be 2+%, and how would they get it that far? What if in C, it's Daru that dies? Go to 3, 4, 15%?!? Time travel seems to be full of slippery slopes, and most of them seem to have hellfire at the bottom.

Aug 16, 2011 7:08 PM

Jul 2010
So, everything will go back to the way it was. No matter what Okabe tries, someone close to him will die although he and Kurisu weren't exactly close in the first episode.
Aug 16, 2011 7:11 PM

Jun 2010
My friend actually told me that Okabe had to pick between saving two people. I guess he was talking about those two.

Aug 16, 2011 7:35 PM

Apr 2010
great episode! wonder which ending this anime will take of from the vn?
Aug 16, 2011 7:43 PM

Jun 2011
kaimax said:
darkziosj said:
kaimax said:

Omitted stuff

wow they omitted that? that sucks, i hope they somehow fit it in the next episode

They won't, trying to forcefully insert that in the next chapter is just "pushing it".
and if you think bit, the "omitted scenes" doesn't really affect the main story at all. It just complicated things and just trivial knowledge since they never made any kind of closure with that "sub-plot" in the VN.

Basically it's a sub-plot, and the anime didn't need it. Another reason to play the VN

Jesus! You failed BIG time, Hanada Jukki! Are you out of ur mind!? This is one of the darkest scenes in Steins;Gate! Tho it doesn't necessarily effect the main plot, it has done a great job in character development:
Aug 16, 2011 7:47 PM

Feb 2011
I'm honestly really hoping the anime explores the Nae route now. There aren't too many episodes though. The VN has a lot of endings, and I'm guessing they're going to choose the one that's the least "out of left field" if you know what I mean.

I really have no idea how heavily SERN is directly involved in the plot of the VN, but we're still three episodes away from the penultimate chapter. I think there's still time to establish the Nae option. After all, Moeka is alive now, and we have no idea what's going to happen to Mr. Braun in this world line. I'm thinking Mr. Braun killed Moeka in the previous world line to protect her from suffering at the hands of Nae.
RedMage23Aug 16, 2011 7:53 PM
Aug 16, 2011 7:56 PM

May 2010
People feeling bad for Moeka

feels good
Aug 16, 2011 8:05 PM

May 2010
Damn. Mr. Braun!! Anyway, time leap really comes in handy. XD

Now, let's go back from where we started.
Aug 16, 2011 8:27 PM

Jun 2009
ArrancarNelTu said:
Oh god i rewatched episode 1 and so much stuff sticks out like:

I think he’ll find a way to save both of them, but at a devastating cost, though there is a possibility of just letting Kurisu die and Mayuri live, but this is Steins;Gate aka if you think it'll happen one way, it'll actually happen five different ways.

Just rewatched the first episode. There are some "weird" things.

Aug 16, 2011 8:33 PM

Nov 2008
I still can't buy Mr. Braun being FB all along with only a name as a clue and a character that's close to the main that has no importance besides being a landlord. Guess he's a perfect spy XDD And who came up with the name "Mr. Braun"? Was it Okarin? Mr. Braun used that alias given from him, first time yo XDD No one actually likes Okarin's naming sense except Mr. Braun.

Now Okarin FINALLY realizes that, I wonder how long it would take since we still have 4 episodes left O.O That's a lot of time just to go back so I'll expect many twists :D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Aug 16, 2011 8:50 PM

May 2009
Been waiting for the moment Okarin realizes what undoing the first D-Mail would mean. Poor, poor guy. Mayuri. Kurisu. Oh man.

FB = F'ing Braun. Nothing good ever comes when a guy leads you to an empty lot.
Aug 16, 2011 9:08 PM

Feb 2011
Every time I think this show can't get better, it does. My Anime List, Y U NO let me rate it 11/10?
RedMage23Aug 16, 2011 9:11 PM
Aug 16, 2011 9:11 PM

Apr 2008
RedMage23 said:
Every time I think this show can't get better, it does. My Anime Lise, Y U NO let me rate it 11/10?

^This.

Also, why must Steins;Gate air during september (aka, school) UGH AP classes and steins;gate do not match.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Aug 16, 2011 9:25 PM

Aug 2011
does anyone here know what Kurisu meant to say with the "did you try to feel me up"?
'cause I don't get it xd
Aug 16, 2011 9:43 PM

May 2008
I think Mayushi is still hiding something and will end up being the sacrifice anyway. It will have something to do with her habit of reaching for the light (futuristic time travel?) and younger Okarin's decision to stop her from leaving. There are still dark plot twists buried in there.... maybe she'll go back to the future or something. *cue theme music*

I am a banana.
Aug 16, 2011 9:45 PM

Feb 2011
arrozykamehameha said:
does anyone here know what Kurisu meant to say with the "did you try to feel me up"?

She was just making a joke because she doesn't really understand/remember what exactly Okabe told her about the original world line. That's what I think.

saka said:
It will have something to do with her habit of reaching for the light

Oh, this is what you're looking for.
Aug 16, 2011 9:49 PM

Jul 2010
even though this episode has some omitted scenes and some alternation, i could enjoy it. FB was not FaceBook. i've forgotten the details of events, but i can tell that okarin must have talked more with moeka in VN. to see omitted events and to enjoy detailed conversations is also the reason to play VN! i think.

episode 21 preview
アニメ「シュタインズ・ゲート」#21「因果律のメルト」予告 - YouTube
it seems kurisu realize that see will be dead in beta world line. it must be scared.

this is shocking scene from VN. if you want to play VN, do not open this spoiler.
Aug 16, 2011 9:56 PM
May 2011
When the ending song came up (which always somehow is perfectly transitioned), I had to restrain from smashing my face on my laptop as I thought about how many more days I have to wait...

What a cliffhanger..I wonder how this is all going to end! On another note, this episode was fantastic :D

Off to rewatch the first episode again then.... o-o
Aug 16, 2011 10:06 PM

Aug 2011
RedMage23 said:
arrozykamehameha said:

She was just making a joke because she doesn't really understand/remember what exactly Okabe told her about the original world line. That's what I think.

Yes. I know that she was just joking.
But because a matter of language, I don't understand what "feel me up" means.
I mean, in what sense was that? in the "annoy me" sense (if that exists xD) or the "touch me" one? xD

BTW I knew that Okabe was a "little slow" (to figure out things), but I wasn't expecting the same slowness from Kurisu xd
arrozykamehamehaAug 16, 2011 10:13 PM
Aug 16, 2011 10:09 PM

Jun 2009
STM said:
bakuramariks said:

;_;

No, that can't be! There has to be a world where both Kurisu and Mayushii survive, and where SERN doesn't create a dystopia. There has to. ;_;

ya the beta line he decided to return it to the alpha line but the beta is where he wants to go
Aug 16, 2011 10:10 PM

Apr 2008
Fuck NO. I was thinking a few episode back "If they are undoing everything, maybe they'll go back to ep1 where kurisu dies?.. Nah probably not"..

FUCK NO.
Wintermute_Aug 16, 2011 10:22 PM
Aug 16, 2011 10:12 PM

Feb 2011
arrozykamehameha said:

Yes. I know that she was just joking.
But because a matter of language, I don't understand what "feel me up" means.
I mean, in what sense was that? in the "annoy me" sense (if that exist xD) or the "touch me" one? xD
BTW I knew that Okabe was a "little slow" (to figure out things), but I wasn't expecting the same slowness from Kurisu xd

"Feel me up" in my experience has always meant "touch my breasts".

Remember, Kurisu only knows what Okabe told her, and I'm pretty sure everything he told her is what we saw in Episode 2. Just something about her being stabbed and him touching her. It's understandable that it could've slipped her mind for the most part.

The preview makes the next episode look boring. I guess after a string of seven excellent episodes in a row, there has to be some sort of drop.

I really want to play the VN, but I can't until it is translated.
RedMage23Aug 16, 2011 10:16 PM
Aug 16, 2011 10:20 PM

Aug 2011
RedMage23 said:

"Feel me up" in my experience has always meant "touch my breasts".

Remember, Kurisu only knows what Okabe told her, and I'm pretty sure everything he told her is what we saw in Episode 2. Just something about her being stabbed and him touching her. It's understandable that it could've slipped her mind for the most part.

Haha, ok. Thanks for the clarification.
Is just that it seemed a little weird to me that Kurisu said that with such a happy mood/humor/face/whatever (with the "shut up pervert!" thing of her xd)
Aug 16, 2011 10:28 PM

Feb 2011
arrozykamehameha said:

Haha, ok. Thanks for the clarification.
Is just that it seemed a little weird to me that Kurisu said that with such a happy mood/humor/face/whatever (with the "shut up pervert!" thing of her xd)

It was just a hypothetical that she suggested, I believe subtly referring to a belief that Okabe is pathetic. If Okabe himself had alluded to something like that, then it would've been a different story, methinks.
Aug 16, 2011 10:34 PM

Oct 2010
imperlast said:
STM said:
bakuramariks said:

;_;

ya the beta line he decided to return it to the alpha line but the beta is where he wants to go

The potential worldline where both might live is omega. But there's no guarantee.
There's also no way to be sure that in beta SERN doesn't create a dystopia anyway.
Mayushi may survive there, but that's also still speculation until we see for sure.

Who's to say that she doesn't simply just die a week later in both omega and beta?
It's all speculation until the story fully plays out, and the future is always uncertain. ;)
Aug 16, 2011 10:56 PM

Oct 2010
Saw that final revelation coming. Didn't see FB though. I was too caught up with FB = Facebook to consider the matter seriously.

My analysis on the time travel and predictions. And by Analysis I mean wild and detailed conjecture and too much "reading into" that I spent way too much time typing out for a silly but excellent anime:

That took too much time and now i'm going to bed.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Aug 16, 2011 11:15 PM

Apr 2011
Great prelude episode, wrapping everything up, now the beginning makes sense :)

Which girl is gonna die? I doubt its gonna be Mayushi is, maybe Kurisu? But I'm speculating its gonna be our protagonist...
Aug 16, 2011 11:19 PM

Feb 2011
RobUsaB said:

But it took way to long to type all that convoluted crap above so I'll watch it later and say this now: I think a Suzuha from the future comes to kill Kurisu and another Okabe from the future, but possibly not the same future, tries to save Kurisu. This would be why other people have reported hearing Okabe's voice yell before Okabe got there..

It wasn't convoluted crap at all until you got to this part. All of what you said was completely sound (although the beginning is actually pretty obvious), and is what I've been thinking also. Your terminology is a bit confusing, but I think you're on track. I too was of the opinion that the 2000 John Titor may not have been Suzuha.
Aug 16, 2011 11:29 PM

Sep 2010
I wonder what Okabe is going to do.
Aug 16, 2011 11:40 PM
Mar 2011
really looking forward to the ending, 4 episodes should be just enough to wrap it up, if paced correctly. If they pull it off, this anime should be used as an example for all other animes on how to correctly adapt from another medium and how to properly pace an anime.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Watch order ⁉️

neel_senpai - Yesterday

36 by Alexioos95 »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Is Kurisu alive at the very end ❓❓

neel_senpai - 8 hours ago

21 by neel_senpai »»
58 minutes ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

808 by Dagolio »»
May 27, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

551 by klrtg15 »»
May 23, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

310 by sidusX7 »»
May 21, 9:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.