Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 7, 2011 12:28 AM

Feb 2010
Acquiesc3 said:
That was pretty ridiculous in a bad way.

When I first heard "Lupin" I thought that was pretty cool. Until it became some Lupin the 4th vs. Sherlock Holmes the 4th. Really? Lame.

gg subs were bad, but considering the show... who cares?
same...

kinda lame...

AND YEAH....this episode shows why it was ranked no.1 (the estimated, i forgot the right term)
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 7, 2011 12:29 AM

Feb 2008
This was the worst fucking episode I've seen so far this year. gg's subs at least made it somewhat watchable.

TL note: kawaii means cute
May 7, 2011 1:20 AM

Sep 2010
That was kind of bad to be honest.
May 7, 2011 1:57 AM

Sep 2010
the butei killer is actually a student in their school, oh ye thats totally believe-able.
anyway, pretty okay episode, good action.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2011 2:08 AM

Sep 2010
Retarded cliffhanger.
May 7, 2011 2:25 AM

Sep 2010
Veronin said:
This was the worst fucking episode I've seen so far this year. gg's subs at least made it somewhat watchable.

TL note: kawaii means cute

Which subber made all those tl notes? Everyone should know what kawaii means. sigh...
May 7, 2011 2:51 AM

Jul 2010
All I gotta say is a big wtf. Just when I thought this show can't get worse, it actually does. I won't even start listing what was ridiculous, since it would take way too long.
May 7, 2011 3:06 AM
Aug 2010
wth, can't the subbers just say cute in the subtitles instead of having to put tl notes at the top ¬¬
May 7, 2011 3:14 AM

Sep 2010
Tramethy said:
wth, can't the subbers just say cute in the subtitles instead of having to put tl notes at the top ¬¬
Yeah, most use cute. I find that a better option too.
May 7, 2011 3:21 AM

May 2009
Onii said:
This is really predictable...

But what the fuck was that?
Magical hair?

Yeah, predictable. But I was hoping Riko wasn't the Butei Killer...I am sad.
Very sad.
May 7, 2011 3:25 AM

Jan 2008
Ovindel said:
Tramethy said:
Yeah, most use cute. I find that a better option too.

The retarded TL notes are all part of yatsura's keikaku, I'd say.
May 7, 2011 4:38 AM

Oct 2010
Here is my enthusiasm after seeing it 2 more times. The good stuff I think makes it a good episode. For one they did the events of the past with Kinji's brother excellent in the spoiler
the ship event, the news reporters and most of all Kinji's reaction to them as well as when he wakes up.

Aria's mother in the spoiler
was rendered perfectly fine IMO. Her eyes were really well done to compare to Aria's in terms of resemblance.

Aria's reaction to the cops being rough with her mother and her crying was done flawlessly in the spoiler
in fact so much that it did hurt me internally. No not crying but like a heart ache let's just say.

My reaction to the manga in regards to the faces of Riko in the spoiler
was what initially gave away that she is the Butei killer along with the fact she had confidential info about Kinji's brother. I got the hunch that she either hacked the databases to get that or she was there already.

I can never get enough of Kinji's face and reactions in the spoiler
especially since that is when he is in hysteria mode. He really does look cool and so much like Ryo from City Hunter when he does get serious but once that is over, well I like him less somehow.

Surprised no one mentions this but I found the following moment in the spoiler
to be rather very intense emotionally. It does not look like it but it really is. Rather well done that it does reach me, especially the hand grasping.

Cool Aria VS Riko setup in the spoiler
question is, which one looks better. Since I am a Aria fan, to me is Aria. So there good points and so far it outweighs IMO the bad ones. Except for that fight, it was not like that and was way too fast.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 7, 2011 4:59 AM

Jun 2009
prismheart said:
Wow, Kinji didn't do much but watch Aria get shot...

Actually, giving benefit of the doubt. Aria and Riko were fighting in a much different speed so Kinji without his hysteria mode was slow so he couldn't react enough quickly.

Else, I also think that scene where he just stood there, basically did nothing but to scream "Aria" like a cheerleader is pretty stupid.
May 7, 2011 6:34 AM

Apr 2007
/yawn
May 7, 2011 7:09 AM

Aug 2008
Gangler said:
I haven't really expected realism out of this since the first episode when Kinji dodged bullets already launched and then shot down the barrels of seven guns.
You better get prepared for something more intensive than that. What he did there was just playing around.

Yumekichi11 said:
I can never get enough of Kinji's face and reactions in the spoiler
especially since that is when he is in hysteria mode. He really does look cool and so much like Ryo from City Hunter when he does get serious but once that is over, well I like him less somehow.
If you want him to be like Ryo:
May 7, 2011 7:23 AM

Feb 2010
Acquiesc3 said:
gg subs were bad, but considering the show... who cares?
That's why you should watch Doki subs.

Wtf did Riko do with her hair!?
May 7, 2011 7:42 AM

Nov 2009
Meh, Riko's reasons for doing all she did are so stupid and cliche I can't even really hate her properly. Also, the gunfight, despite being really cool, was really pointless. They aren't wearing bulletproof vests on their heads, are they?
May 7, 2011 8:11 AM

Aug 2008
elijah_erh said:
They aren't wearing bulletproof vests on their heads, are they?
Butei Charter Article 9: Butei cannot kill, regardless of the situation.
That explains what you wonder, yet, raises another insane problem about that Article itself.
May 7, 2011 10:08 AM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
agent535 said:
EDIT: i don't read the light novels / manga, but some people here complain about the studio not giving justice to the source material... oh well, i'm not shocked... it's JC Staff, what would you expect? *facepalm*

After Index 2, not surprised at all, just disappointed to learn of it. Already I had bad vibes about that with MOE overload. That kills Aria's bad ass attitude and renders it almost nil in non called situations..

Idiocy at it's finest.
I have said this before but this looks to be following the novel to a T. The ones complaining likely have only read the manga and not the novels. In actual fact the manga is the one not being faithful to the original material.
And what's this about J.C.staff not giving the source material justice? You can't be talking about Index 2. Guess what? That followed the novels exactly as they were written as well. So far in my experience I have only spotted one time when J.C.Staff being unfaithful to an adaptation. That was Zero no Tsukaima.(Familiar of zero) They may have done it with Shana as well. In recent years though they seem to stick pretty close.
I just wanted to clear that up.

Anyway I can't say I was surprised by Rikos deception. I had feeling about it. I was even suspicious of the flight attendant. But that Lupin and Homes stuff just made me cringe. That just came out of nowhere. I can't say I am disliking this show though. It's mildly entertaining. Well it is as long as you switch off your brain.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

May 7, 2011 10:26 AM

Apr 2011
Kinda confused after this episode. How exactly is Riko the Butai Killer? This episode was just okay for me, hopefully next week is better.
May 7, 2011 10:36 AM
Mar 2011
what i dislike about this series is how aria just randomly pushes herself into his life and suddenly a random romance forms. its totally random and unwarranted with no romantic buildup. sure there is a great setup for gun action and w/e but making some things and plot setups too simple and easy is a total letdown for me. like. for this episode, he sees her on the street. really zero reason to follow her at all. but he does anyway and then this huge sudden plot twist comes out of it. if i was writing for this show i would have atleast made the transition into this plot line more natural rather thanj ust because he decides to stalk her on the street. well. just a random rant. i would give the series as a whole so far like a 5/6 just because i feel like development of character and plot don't really have a flow and rather just HAPPEN.
May 7, 2011 10:45 AM
Apr 2011
chaopal said:
what i dislike about this series is how aria just randomly pushes herself into his life and suddenly a random romance forms. its totally random and unwarranted with no romantic buildup. sure there is a great setup for gun action and w/e but making some things and plot setups too simple and easy is a total letdown for me. like. for this episode, he sees her on the street. really zero reason to follow her at all. but he does anyway and then this huge sudden plot twist comes out of it. if i was writing for this show i would have atleast made the transition into this plot line more natural rather thanj ust because he decides to stalk her on the street. well. just a random rant. i would give the series as a whole so far like a 5/6 just because i feel like development of character and plot don't really have a flow and rather just HAPPEN.

If you feel that way, you should read the light novel, they have legitimate reasoning behind things like that, however with anime, they are slightly more limited.

I think
Feel free to drop a comment on my profile and have a chat! I am always looking to socialize with other users!
May 7, 2011 10:55 AM

Mar 2008
OK. this ep...

I have a question.
So... she's is his daughter?

May 7, 2011 11:04 AM

Aug 2008
Ziggycuff said:
If you feel that way, you should read the light novel, they have legitimate reasoning behind things like that, however with anime, they are slightly more limited.

I think
Yes, I agree with you.

Saygram said:
I have a question.
So... she's is his daughter?
Yes. Especially when you consider her Last Name.
May 7, 2011 12:02 PM

Nov 2008
That was bat-shit crazy!!! o___O
What's with all the hate on this episode? It was awesome! It's much more memorable than your mandatory "beach/hotsprings" episode or "disaster cooking" episode or any of that other filler fluff!
I still love Riko. This completely sets her apart from the other "goofy otaku" girls in anime. I love the Lupin vs. Holmes thing.

F**k the haters. This anime is great. >XP

May 7, 2011 12:09 PM

Feb 2011
now i understand why kinji wanted to get out brutei
and why aria wanted kinji to be her partner

holy cow what the heck was happen?
a bulletproof vest?
why aria didn't jump back at the first place?
a hair can move ?

this grew better every week
can't wait next episode
May 7, 2011 1:58 PM
Nov 2009
riko has killer hair
May 7, 2011 2:05 PM

Nov 2007
meh. oh well, since its 12 episodes long, might as well finish it. :/
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 7, 2011 2:35 PM

Jun 2008
I was wondering why episodes threads have so many pages this time but then i noticed Yumekichi11 started posting again and everything got explained.

Anyway. "I killed dozens of people because people weren't saying my cute name as much i like!!!" Oh the drama.....LOL!! Of all the stupid reasons. Seriously the show couldn't come with something better? She just needs some dick to get over it.

I somehow seem to have seen that type of gunfight before. Hmmm......
May 7, 2011 3:40 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, that is a final cliffhanger. I expected that about riko, but not all.
May 7, 2011 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
ajajajajajajaj
really, AJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA, what the fuck did i just saw???
oh my god, i could start saying all the lame points of this episode, but a lot of people before me already did it.
aniway i will continue watching this just "for teh lulz", because this crap is awful, (but still watcheable i guess)
May 7, 2011 7:10 PM

Jan 2011
Just a clarification..the manga is not the source material, and seeing as up to volume 5 is translated already on baka tsuki I don't really see one wouldn't read the books. At any rate, J.C. Staff is doing a pretty good job with this show keeping it faithful to the light novels; I just hope they don't try to cram a lot into this season.

May 7, 2011 8:33 PM
Apr 2011
Also, I just noticed something in the opening... I dont know if it has any relevance but...

Feel free to drop a comment on my profile and have a chat! I am always looking to socialize with other users!
May 7, 2011 8:57 PM

Nov 2008
Ha, nice catch. XD
Ziggycuff said:
Also, I just noticed something in the opening... I dont know if it has any relevance but...

aniway i will continue watching this just "for teh lulz", because this crap is awful, (but still watcheable i guess)

MOAR hatred? D:<
What's so "awful" about it?

May 7, 2011 9:11 PM

Oct 2010
AidanAK47 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
agent535 said:
EDIT: i don't read the light novels / manga, but some people here complain about the studio not giving justice to the source material... oh well, i'm not shocked... it's JC Staff, what would you expect? *facepalm*

After Index 2, not surprised at all, just disappointed to learn of it. Already I had bad vibes about that with MOE overload. That kills Aria's bad ass attitude and renders it almost nil in non called situations..
Idiocy at it's finest. I have said this before but this looks to be following the novel to a T. The ones complaining likely have only read the manga and not the novels. In actual fact the manga is the one not being faithful to the original material.
Really it follows the novel? Is there that much MOE in it, I don't think so nor was the manga too hardcore on it. I made GIFs go figure on how much of it there is. There are only from episode 1 and 2 but still it never stopped in episode 3 nor in this one with the whole MOE of Aria's shyness. I can understand this is to show a side of her being a little girl brat but tone it down please a little. I do admit of my naive belief that the manga was being faithfull to the LN but guess I got completely shot about it. I would never think the manga would not follow the materiel does it do at least at 75% efficiency?
AidanAK47 said:
And what's this about J.C.staff not giving the source material justice? You can't be talking about Index 2. Guess what? That followed the novels exactly as they were written as well. So far in my experience I have only spotted one time when J.C.Staff being unfaithful to an adaptation. That was Zero no Tsukaima.(Familiar of zero) They may have done it with Shana as well.

It may have followed them but the ecchi seemed to be more explicit and I am one of those that says anime series ok for ecchi and anime series ecchi not needed such as Hanasaku Iroha so I do think it may follow the materiel but at a 90% value with a 10% being annoying changed like some Touma speeches. Anyways continue on my profile about this since it deviates from the topic here.
AidanAK47 said:
In recent years though they seem to stick pretty close. I just wanted to clear that up.
Well thank you for clear up of manga not following faithfully the LN but can other people back up your claim? I would feel more convinced, just saying.
AidanAK47 said:
Anyway I can't say I was surprised by Rikos deception. I had feeling about it. I was even suspicious of the flight attendant.
I assume you saw it the moment she changed facial expressions like I did?
AidanAK47 said:
But that Lupin and Homes stuff just made me cringe. That just came out of nowhere.
Was not like anyways in the LN or the presentation was sucky to you the way it was shown?
Monad said:
I was wondering why episodes threads have so many pages this time but then i noticed Yumekichi11 started posting again and everything got explained.
I will take that as a compliment to drag on discussions more but really I have toned on my replies, wall of texts may contain much of 100% of my thoughts but alas my job excuse is a valid one.
Ziggycuff said:
I knew that already from the first time the OP showed but I give you credit for the catch. Problem was with it is that it would spoil big time what happened in this episode so I restrained myself on that and Riko.
Yumekichi11May 7, 2011 9:17 PM

May 7, 2011 9:36 PM

Oct 2009
LOLWUT?
May 7, 2011 10:16 PM

Oct 2010
Gogetters said:
LOLWUT?
You tell me what else she got accused of? I highly suspect EU accused her of other things for sure. This is going to be ugly fight to release Aria's mom. I can see this series being like Marmalade Boy was, which is around 78 episodes. Yes?

May 7, 2011 10:25 PM

Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Gogetters said:
LOLWUT?
You tell me what else she got accused of? I highly suspect EU accused her of other things for sure. This is going to be ugly fight to release Aria's mom. I can see this series being like Marmalade Boy was, which is around 78 episodes. Yes?
I would actually like it to have 78 episodes. Moar Aria!
May 7, 2011 11:25 PM

Jun 2009
cr4sian_phil said:
shit just got real

YOU AIN'T NEVER LIED.

That dummy Kinji. He had all the time in the world to shoot that heifer or slit her throat. I don't expect anime to be realistic but sometimes the illogical ways of doing things kills me. I mean Riko is RIGHT THERE! SHOOT HER! PULL THAT TRIGGER!

RAWWWRRR! The only consolation is that it's way too early 4 Aria to be out of the game and Riko has to go down b4 it's all over.
May 7, 2011 11:32 PM

Aug 2008
I don't mean to be overly Captain Obvious here, but if vests are the problem, why not go with head-shots? I mean, they seem like good enough shooters to begin with... >.<
But hey, the action is still alright, so meh.
May 7, 2011 11:36 PM

Jul 2008
kelken said:
cr4sian_phil said:
shit just got real

YOU AIN'T NEVER LIED.

That dummy Kinji. He had all the time in the world to shoot that heifer or slit her throat. I don't expect anime to be realistic but sometimes the illogical ways of doing things kills me. I mean Riko is RIGHT THERE! SHOOT HER! PULL THAT TRIGGER!

RAWWWRRR! The only consolation is that it's way too early 4 Aria to be out of the game and Riko has to go down b4 it's all over.

the fact you can predict this is sad (for the anime)

Genix said:
I don't mean to be overly Captain Obvious here, but if vests are the problem, why not go with head-shots? I mean, they seem like good enough shooters to begin with... >.<

dont be ridiculous... that would make too much sense
May 8, 2011 1:07 AM

Aug 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Really it follows the novel? Is there that much MOE in it, I don't think so nor was the manga too hardcore on it. I made GIFs go figure on how much of it there is. There are only from episode 1 and 2 but still it never stopped in episode 3 nor in this one with the whole MOE of Aria's shyness. I can understand this is to show a side of her being a little girl brat but tone it down please a little. I do admit of my naive belief that the manga was being faithfull to the LN but guess I got completely shot about it. I would never think the manga would not follow the materiel does it do at least at 75% efficiency?
About MOE, YES, even without motion in the LN, it's still filled with moe.

About faithfulness to the material, I'd say the Anime is acceptable. They didn't really screw up so far. They just skipped lots of things that I also consider unnecessary. Well, we can't expect them to cram everything in this 12 episodes.

But IMO, I think the manga version follow the material better than Anime.

Yumekichi11 said:
Butei Killer case can reduce her sentence to 742 years.
The next case can reduce it to 635 years.
Once they demolish this EU, she will most likely be all cleared up.
May 8, 2011 5:53 AM

Jul 2008
LOL a cliffhanger. I wasn't surprised with that LOL
May 8, 2011 7:04 AM

Dec 2009
Really, I got kind of angry because of Riko's sudden super power. But thanks OP, as you explained it you helped me get a better view on it.
May 8, 2011 7:05 AM

Jun 2009
KaitoDash said:

About faithfulness to the material, I'd say the Anime is acceptable. They didn't really screw up so far. They just skipped lots of things that I also consider unnecessary. Well, we can't expect them to cram everything in this 12 episodes.

But IMO, I think the manga version follow the material better than Anime.

To be honest, I skimmed the manga. I spotted a few things I didn't remember reading about so I assumed it was being less loyal. But I double checked and you are right. My bad.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

May 8, 2011 2:17 PM

Aug 2010
Too bad, I liked Riko... okay, I still like her. I don't know how they'll patch up Aria though, it looked like a completely fatal shot. Will be hard to believe it was just a "flesh wound". Also, the whole Lupin/Holmes thing was really wtf. I enjoy the show, but I guess I'll keep my brain in standby mode for the rest of the show. 4/5.
May 8, 2011 3:32 PM
Jan 2010
Why was I not surprised there would be something not quite natural but I didn't expect it to be magic hair.

My only question is how the hell did Riko get there first and have enough time to put on a disguise.
Dan777May 15, 2011 2:58 PM
May 8, 2011 3:50 PM

Jan 2009
kelken said:
That dummy Kinji. He had all the time in the world to shoot that heifer or slit her throat. I don't expect anime to be realistic but sometimes the illogical ways of doing things kills me. I mean Riko is RIGHT THERE! SHOOT HER! PULL THAT TRIGGER
Indeed :/
May 8, 2011 6:13 PM
Sep 2008
I hope this anime continues
May 8, 2011 6:27 PM

Nov 2008
kelken said:
cr4sian_phil said:
shit just got real

YOU AIN'T NEVER LIED.

HE CAN'T!!
Butei are not allowed to kill. D: Even in self-defense.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» I wish there was more

LostInLove - Oct 26, 2023

8 by Kiikani »»
Apr 20, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Apr 21, 2011

196 by Karva1 »»
Apr 15, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

225 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kittyman - Apr 28, 2011

174 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:06 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 14, 2011

259 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 11, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.