Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 29, 2011 9:26 AM
Jan 2010
DesolateOne said:

The difference is that Kinji used a special "power/skill" in order to shoot down the barrels while on the other hand, Reki was just a sniper that pulled off a ridiculous shot.

It wasn't mentioned but like Aria and Kinji, Reki is an S rank Sniper so it is possible if you think of it like that.

Kinji was more annoying then Aria and whats worse neither tell the reasons why they act that way. More Hysteria mode next episode and hopefully we find out who the Butei Killer is.
Apr 29, 2011 9:30 AM

Sep 2008
DesolateOne said:
Gangler said:
Lol at complaints about the possibility of the sniper shot. In episode one Kinji shot seven bullets directly down the barrels of seven guns, not to mention the already discussed ridiculousness of Aria's weapon choices.

The difference is that Kinji used a special "power/skill" in order to shoot down the barrels while on the other hand, Reki was just a sniper that pulled off a ridiculous shot.

His special skill is heightened reflexes, dexterity, and capacity for reasoning. Still shouldn't let him dodge bullets after they've left the barrel. Still isn't anything that one couldn't attain through training and dedication. All his abilities are strictly within the realm of human capability. Basically he can temporarily upgrade from rank E to rank S.

DesolateOne said:

I could care less about the physics though as long as I don't see bullets flying around like a rollercoaster.

I wouldn't mind seeing them bend bullets though like in the movie Wanted...

With you there. This show seems to subscribe to the "bullet time" school of action scenes. Nothing wrong with that. Cheezy, but always good for a fun time. Just, wouldn't spend too much time worrying about the logistics of it all.
Apr 29, 2011 9:38 AM
Nov 2010
Dan777 said:
More Hysteria mode next episode and hopefully we find out who the Butei Killer is.

Hysteria mode ftw.

I doubt we're going to find out who exactly is the butei killer so early in the series, though i suspect that he/she was already shown.
Apr 29, 2011 10:01 AM

Apr 2010
Pretty enjoyable episode, if you don't think too deeply into it. Gravity-defying skirts and hair didn't bother me nearly as much as the warning lights on the car. I wonder why the they were shown.

I guess Aria picked that particular car because it was about to die anyway and was destroyed in the end, so me pointing this out is kinda useless.
Apr 29, 2011 10:33 AM

Oct 2009
furrydan2 said:
Pretty enjoyable episode, if you don't think too deeply into it. Gravity-defying skirts and hair didn't bother me nearly as much as the warning lights on the car. I wonder why the they were shown.

I guess Aria picked that particular car because it was about to die anyway and was destroyed in the end, so me pointing this out is kinda useless.
Maybe the warning lights aren't actually on?
Apr 29, 2011 10:41 AM

Apr 2011
Good episode overall 4/5, plenty of action and dere dere aria :D
Looking forward to the next episode, think it should start unravelling some of the mysteries as to why aria and kinji act like they do and the secrets they seem to be hiding.
Apr 29, 2011 11:00 AM
Jan 2011
You know, I still think that Aria leave Kiniji alone, co'z he just wanna have a normal life.
Apr 29, 2011 11:31 AM

Apr 2011
How can you not love Aria? Looking too cute with her stuff nekos.
And the awesome sniping action to the save day. And I know Kinji will come back, he has feelings for Aria and it shows.
Apr 29, 2011 11:39 AM

Jul 2008
Hikarusuke said:

-Blatant kugirie tsundere clone #50
-Self centered, don't care about what other people think
-Violent

You know how we call this kind of girl irl? A bitch.
Apr 29, 2011 11:41 AM

Sep 2008
Hikarusuke said:
And I know Kinji will come back, he has feelings for Aria and it shows.

We... wouldn't have much of a show if he didn't.
Apr 29, 2011 11:59 AM

Apr 2011
Hypno-girl said:
Hikarusuke said:

-Violent

Haha I know she can be a bitch, just in this episode she a nice side to her. Well at least until the end when she started to act like one.
Apr 29, 2011 12:01 PM

Jan 2009
Gangler said:
Hikarusuke said:
And I know Kinji will come back, he has feelings for Aria and it shows.
We... wouldn't have much of a show if he didn't.
Oh but we would. In fact, we'd have one hell of a show. And we'd need a name-change as well. But that's a minor detail.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 29, 2011 12:01 PM

Jul 2008
Hikarusuke said:
Hypno-girl said:
Hikarusuke said:

-Violent

Haha I know she can be a bitch, just in this episode she a nice side to her. Well at least until the end when she started to act like one.

Everyone has a good and bad side about them.
Even Hitler had good side about him.
Still doesn't change that she is a bitch.
Apr 29, 2011 12:05 PM

Apr 2011
Hypno-girl said:
Hikarusuke said:
Hypno-girl said:
Hikarusuke said:

-Violent

I agree with you that she is one.
Apr 29, 2011 12:07 PM
Jun 2009
Interesting episode seems like it is starting to stray a little more from the novel but still with in reasoning. Over all good episode hope to see more and lets hope they dont fuck it up to much the next part would piss me off if certain details are left off.
Apr 29, 2011 12:08 PM

Jul 2008
ROOMA4HELL said:
seems like it is starting to stray a little more from the novel

2 word: JC Staff
Apr 29, 2011 12:23 PM

Dec 2010
LOTUS 2-ELEVEN

Wrecking one of them should be a crime. Wrecking two is a deadly sin.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Apr 29, 2011 12:26 PM

Sep 2010
except that the whole bus-bomb scenario was far from original, it was a good episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2011 12:43 PM

Jul 2010
Just like the movie Speed!

Aria was pretty adorable in the beginning of this episode. In the end the mission didn't turn out all that well. Good thing the sniper girl appeared. She was pretty amazing with her "one bullet".

I wonder when he actually does summon his powers...

Apr 29, 2011 2:00 PM

Jul 2010
All was missing was the bus jumping a gap...lol I wonder what other famous action movie scenes will be reacted in this show (Terminator maybe?)...
Apr 29, 2011 2:30 PM

Sep 2009
Aria wasn't as annoying as last episode. Great, now i don't have to drop this :D
The side characters are the best! I like Reiko :DD
Apr 29, 2011 3:46 PM

Sep 2009
Onyxthegreat said:
thought they would rip-off even the end scene but guess that would lead to legal issues.

Hmmm... so Arias background is going to have something dramatic? She should just fall off a bridge and make Shirayuki the main character besides the ego-ish Kinji.
Have started to dislike the OP a lot >.>
Apr 29, 2011 4:21 PM

Mar 2011
hakati said:
I'm gonna be so mad if the childhood friend turns out to be the killer.

nah but it's easy to figure out who it is if you go back and look at the order of events
Apr 29, 2011 5:28 PM
May 2009
I swear I watched a movie like this before, I forgot what it was
Apr 29, 2011 5:32 PM

Sep 2008
SilveRR said:
I swear I watched a movie like this before, I forgot what it was
Onyxthegreat said:
Apr 29, 2011 5:33 PM

Jul 2007
Niyari said:
hakati said:
I'm gonna be so mad if the childhood friend turns out to be the killer.

nah but it's easy to figure out who it is if you go back and look at the order of events

I don't know about day one, but this episode's mastermind definitely seems like aria - or at least, the show is definitely hinting at it. She's one of the only people with access to Kinji's room, and the clock was obviously changed. Kinji managed to wake up late despite him being previously being woken up early by Aria complaining about food - there's no way she'd leave him behind. She knew where the bus was headed and had a bit of a retake there with some fake acting. Nobody was killed, and she knew that Kinji going out on the roof would be dangerous even though no one else on the bus thought so. She hired the sniper girl who happens to show up over the bridge where there would be water to cushion the explosion.

Plus I still hate her personality.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2011 5:37 PM

Jun 2009
Bomb on bus, don't lower your speed or it will explode... come on, running out of idea!?

Hikarusuke said:
Hypno-girl said:
Hikarusuke said:
Hypno-girl said:
Hikarusuke said:

-Violent

I agree with you that she is one.

I dunno why, but most of ppls say Bitches are really cute...
IZUMI64Apr 29, 2011 5:53 PM
Apr 29, 2011 6:34 PM

Apr 2009
The whole "speed" scenario was pretty funny and awesome. Liked the episode , but was hoping to see Kinji in badass mode again.
Apr 29, 2011 6:51 PM

Sep 2008
IZUMI64 said:

I dunno why, but most of ppls say Bitches are really cute...

A bitch done right can be incredibly sexy. Bitch isn't really aria's selling point though. As with many tsunderes, it's more of the shell you have to break to get to the soft and delicious crab meat inside.

Hibari Ginza is an example of a woman for whom Bitch is a selling point. She makes it work.
Apr 29, 2011 7:38 PM

Apr 2009
Repetitive so far... :/ enough of the jacking crap. Same scenario as first episode.

Reki is awesome though. Sniping skills!
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Apr 29, 2011 8:57 PM

Nov 2008

Aria-chan is NOT a bitch. >:/

BEST EPISODE EVER!!!!111SHIFTONE.

Apr 29, 2011 10:07 PM

Sep 2008
Chiibi said:

Aria-chan is NOT a bitch. >:/

BEST EPISODE EVER!!!!111SHIFTONE.

This is true. She merely exhibits bitch-like behavior in certain situations. A true bitch would consistently behave this way, rather than just having a handful of situations they deal with poorly.

Which is part of why it can't be a selling point for her. If you enjoy that type of character she's not gonna provide, rather stopping just short of anything desirable in that sense. Aria threatens to blow a hole in you, but if you want someone who'll actually leave you with bullet wounds aria's not your guy. Aria may be inconsiderate, but if you want someone who'll completely disregard all your wants and needs well once again, aria's really just kind of willful. Ultimately she can be quite kind as well.

Thus the distinction. If anything, a better word than bitch to describe aria would be petulant, maybe stubborn, words like that. Her character overlaps with a bitch, but it is not itself a bitch.

I mean heck, she's not even really domineering in any meaningful way. Aria's a bitch the same way Shiroyuki is yandere. Until Shiroyuki goes axe crazy it's purely aesthetic. A very thin veneer. Similarly, Aria has a long way to go before she can come even close to pulling off bitch. Maybe try following through on one of her threats of violence once or twice. Maybe try engaging in violence with a legitimate intent to harm. Maybe do a little more than put on airs to cover up her cute side.

That's the crux of it. She's just an incredibly cute and fragile character, and as previously mentioned, the bitchy exterior is just a shell you break through in an attempt to find that.
Apr 29, 2011 11:55 PM

Oct 2008
BrickBreak said:
And the sniper enters the stage.

Butei Killer might be a failure, but he sure has good taste. Seeing two Lotus 2-Eleven turn into scrap was painful.

Lol at gg pulling a keikaku.

Btw those were Renault sport spiders.

Also, in the LN/Manga originally;
-It was suppose to be raining.
-They were suppose to go by heli.
-Reki(Sniper) was suppose to be introduced before the persuit.
-Riko was suppose to break Kinji's watch in the second ep.
I guess this is the reason why:
Hypno-girl said:

2 word: JC Staff

And it isnt all gonna be about the "Butei-Killer"(Unless JC wants to fk over this anime(which they already somewhat did)), it'll change up after the next incident i believe.

Apr 30, 2011 12:22 AM

Jul 2008
im not impressed... ive read the manga and prefer that situation (or what i remember) over what i just saw

if memory serves right, they just skipped over quite a few points that manga talked about, especially with the assault 'reunion'... the bus bombing sequence was a little different too...

im not giving my hopes up but im not liking where this anime going...
Apr 30, 2011 3:20 AM

Jul 2010
Kinda enjoyable episode, KINDA. Tsundra this time was bearable, until that ending scene -_-
The hell do you expect from that guy, when u pop out from nowhere, invade his house, try to make him your slave without telling an actual reason/motive? And what's more u don't even intend to ask for his reasons why he is not using(cant use?) that power and why he doesn't want to be a butei? Lame. The guy is just as funny. Letting have her own way with him, just like that. Yeah, right. He gets to deal with girls appearing like her weekly, so he's used to it. Sure.
Him rejecting her was cool, but the preview -___-
Hoping there's a good reason for it.
Apr 30, 2011 3:57 AM

Aug 2009
loldorama at the end.

When Aria said "KYA WA II~" I cringed. Rie, PLEASE stop doing your loli tsundere voice.
Apr 30, 2011 4:20 AM

Feb 2008
Good action.

Poor Aria with the scar though, her forehead was one of her most attractive point. :(

Apr 30, 2011 4:26 AM
Dec 2010
BrickBreak said:
LOTUS 2-ELEVEN

Wrecking one of them should be a crime. Wrecking two is a deadly sin.

That's a Renault Spider....

Apr 30, 2011 8:10 AM

Nov 2008
Aria threatens to blow a hole in you, but if you want someone who'll actually leave you with bullet wounds aria's not your guy. Aria may be inconsiderate, but if you want someone who'll completely disregard all your wants and needs well once again, aria's really just kind of willful. Ultimately she can be quite kind as well.

That's the crux of it. She's just an incredibly cute and fragile character, and as previously mentioned, the bitchy exterior is just a shell you break through in an attempt to find that.

Well said, Gangler. :3 Your whole post was well said but those were my favorite parts. :3

STM said:

When Aria said "KYA WA II~" I cringed. Rie, PLEASE stop doing your loli tsundere voice.

D'aw, I thought it was cute to see her so happy. D:
ChiibiApr 30, 2011 8:13 AM

Apr 30, 2011 9:16 AM

Jun 2009
I read manga a bit and some interesting things about Aria are coming soon. Although, some of them should have been mentioned in anime before:

By the way, so far it seems that 1 ep.=1 chap. from novel. So, anime is likely to cover first two volume with this adaptation.
Also, it seems that next ep.
PerlaNemesisApr 30, 2011 11:46 AM
Apr 30, 2011 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
This episode is better than the last ones and Aria isn't so annoying as i thought.^^
I already love Reki!!*-* She reminds me Yuki Nagato and Tachibana Kanade.
removed-userApr 30, 2011 10:15 AM
Apr 30, 2011 11:49 AM

Mar 2008
First of all. I love Reki. She is soooo cool. Cute silent girl + blue hair + headphones + dragunov. Ahh lucky...

Ep was not bad despite the fact that this action was inspired by "Speed ​​". However, I have a hunch that Aria knew about everything before. After all someone had to move the clocks in the house and Kinji missed the bus. I don't believe that it was a coincidence.

Although it could also be Hotogi.

Apr 30, 2011 12:09 PM

Sep 2008
Saygram said:
First of all. I love Reki. She is soooo cool. Cute silent girl + blue hair + headphones + dragunov. Ahh lucky...

Tell me about it. Nothing about her character fails to please, though we didn't see much of her today.

If I might indulge myself by bringing up a minor detail of insignificance from this point in the manga. What she's listening to with those headphones is

How awesome is that? It's like there's no component of her character that doesn't draw me in. We don't get these often enough.

I must admit, I can't help but find humor in making comparisons. Not that they mean anything. Just fun.
Apr 30, 2011 12:31 PM

Mar 2008
Gangler:

First. I like silent girls [^^Rei]. Often these are interesting characters. I love the blue hair [Another thing from Rei]. Dragunov is my favorite sniper rifle. And as for the headphones. Maybe it's because I myself always have them even if I don't listen anything [sigh, I think I'm too lazy to take them off]. So I like girls with headphones.

Soooo...for me it's lucky.

Apr 30, 2011 1:44 PM

Nov 2008
Saygram said:

I love the blue hair

I'm totally nit-picking but Reki's hair looks way more GREEN to me....XD;

If you compare it to Rei's or Konata's there, it's definitely green. Which is GOOD. Blue is overrated. :'D

Green > blue.

*shot* XD
ChiibiApr 30, 2011 1:49 PM

Apr 30, 2011 2:01 PM

Jul 2010
hmmm, considering the heavy usage of guns here. They kinda failed in their attempt at understanding basic ballistic physics though. She's gotta lead the point of where she's aiming in order to hit a moving target. But oh well~ :P
Apr 30, 2011 2:07 PM

Mar 2008

For me it's more blue than green... and I didn't write that she has the same hair color as Rei or Konata.
SaygramApr 30, 2011 2:10 PM

Apr 30, 2011 3:54 PM

Nov 2008
Saygram said:
For me it's more blue than green...and I didn't write that she has the same hair color as Rei or Konata.

I know but COMPARED to them, it's minty green. It's way more green than blue.

.......I know how to settle this.

*saves Saygram's image, opens photoshop, selects eye dropper tool, clicks Reki's hair*

Photoshop drew from the green palette. It's GREEN, man, accept it. XD However if you click on the shadowed parts, Photoshop draws from the blue palette. So her hair is minty green with blue shadows....I guess. lol
ChiibiApr 30, 2011 4:03 PM

Apr 30, 2011 5:15 PM
Apr 2011
go go Riko
Apr 30, 2011 6:58 PM

May 2009
Wow, a big fight already.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» I wish there was more

LostInLove - Oct 26, 2023

8 by Kiikani »»
Apr 20, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Apr 21, 2011

196 by Karva1 »»
Apr 15, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

225 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

232 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:31 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 14, 2011

259 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 11, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.