Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 4, 2011 5:19 PM

Oct 2008
afrodestinyfan said:
the awesome action scenes in this series

I frankly think practice battles with characters I couldn't care less about, spouting stupid crap in the middle of fighting to be pretty bad. But, that's my opinion.
Apr 4, 2011 8:26 PM

Dec 2008
goin to slam my face into the palm tree in my backyard

...brb
Apr 4, 2011 8:34 PM

Nov 2010
Load of nonsense.

Everyone for Infinite Charlotte?
Apr 5, 2011 12:21 AM

Aug 2010
Didn't really expect much from the show, but it failed to deliver even that in the second part of its run. I'm giving a generous 6/10 it did have few good moments in the early episodes. I'm glad it is over though.
Apr 5, 2011 1:12 AM
Mar 2008
daBoss said:
Load of nonsense.

Everyone for Infinite Charlotte?

Now I wonder what did they do with the girl in your avatar... what was her name again?
She just... disappeared after the beach episode.

Even though the anime was utterly terrible, I found it at least entertaining, so I'm giving it a 6.
Apr 5, 2011 2:10 AM

Aug 2010
There're so many people who dislike this anime because of the logical. (You know what am talking about)
But I still love this show. Don't care what the people are thinking.
The last scene...... (sigh) Houki wins!
Apr 5, 2011 8:02 AM

Apr 2010
Oniikami said:
still a fan of char though. char forever!

anyway, what was up with that random white-haired girl during ichika's dream?

i was thinking about that girl too. The stories is a bit blurry. i dont really understand. what about his neechan "The white IS" byakushiki. When i was watching1-9 ep...i was vote this stories by 9. then dropped it to 8. The ending is terrible... Even ichika choose for houki,thats ok..but "kissing scene will spoil the anime" . Ichika should be more cool LOL.
I hope it was a good harem. Anyway..same as other harem.

Anyway,worth watching.
Apr 5, 2011 10:04 AM

Oct 2010
So Houki's sister hacked Gospel only because she wanted Houki to have debut in her own IS... and yet Chifuyu was so cool about it even Ichika was nearly killed... This show should have stayed plotless, like the first nine episodes. Somehow girl I liked the most was Ichika's friend sister. I hope she'll have more screen time in second season.

To be honest, I didn't expect anything from this show and it was pretty entertaining. I'm giving it a 7/10.
Apr 5, 2011 11:56 AM

Jul 2009
Hypothetical questions indeed.

Also, Reiyaku Byakushiki seems like a rather unique machine, there seems to be rather many possibilities with a mecha that can revive its pilot.

Also, I guess the relations between each pair in the harem will remain somewhat in a stalemate, seeing as they're unable to make any significant progress towards a particular pair. An OVA could probably be interesting, if they took this up.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 6, 2011 8:31 AM

Aug 2009
awful, Thank god it's over...
Apr 6, 2011 9:32 PM

Jun 2009
The first Blu-ray volume of IS sold 22,000 copies rounded to the top Oricon's overall sales chart for the March. It has become the sixth television anime with the first volume reaching #1 overall, after Macross Frontier, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2, K-ON!, Bakemonogatari, and Angel Beats!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-05/infinite-stratos-bd-1-sells-22000-to-top-weekly-chart

Apr 8, 2011 6:16 AM

Nov 2006
Final battle....couldn't really get into it. Had some interesting aspects to it.

Houki is farthest ahead in this race. *sigh* If Charlotte let Ishika touch her chest in the changing room...things might have been different!

Weren't the IS supposed to be sentient? Guess it was mentioned for the quick power ups at the end.....or perhaps the manga goes into more detail. Oh well, won't be reading it.
Apr 9, 2011 7:43 PM

Dec 2010
It started off nicely, but then it went all mish mash random harem.
=_='''
Apr 9, 2011 10:09 PM

Jul 2008
It's ordinary. It's like several ideas from manga/anime the author found interested into one, but fail. I guess we can't come up w/ anymore "original". I was hoping for the Charlotte ending. I don't know why. I know what's going to happen, but I still hope...
FurryBerryApr 9, 2011 10:13 PM
Apr 13, 2011 12:34 AM

May 2008
Wow, they had a chance for a good ending and they ruined with the "jk nothing actually happened and its still a harem trying-to-please-all-crowds-here" ending.... They should've just put up a picture of a giant trollface instead.
Apr 13, 2011 9:23 AM
Mar 2010
Just a quick note, if they made a real ending (as in he actually chose someone) how would they make a Season 2 while still following the LN? Possibility is there.

Also ITT, I just looove how a lot of people are stating their opinions as facts. "Worst anime EVER!" "Holy shit this season is seriously full of shit!" You hated the show. Watched all the way till the final episode, then stated it was shit. Hahaha it's FREAKING RIDICULOUS!

Is it so hard to DROP an anime!? Heck I hated Qwaser so I dropped it. Did I go to the forums to whine like a bitch about every episode I watched? Hell no. In the end, you guys are the joke.

Cliched? Yes. TTM even. However, did I enjoy it? Yes. I would rate IS a 7/10
"From Baby Steps to Giant Strides"

This applies to life as well as my updating of my anime list
Apr 13, 2011 11:27 AM
Sep 2009
FallenSeraphim said:
So Houki's sister hacked Gospel only because she wanted Houki to have debut in her own IS... and yet Chifuyu was so cool about it even Ichika was nearly killed...

Yeah, I thought that the whoel thing seemed just a little too dangerous to be effectively prank.

Was gonna' give this a 5 'cause it was kind of straight down the line - not espeically good or bad.......and then houki put Ichika's hand on her breasts and said "Are you aware that I'm of the opoisite sex".......that's just stupid -_-
4/10
Apr 13, 2011 4:30 PM

Feb 2011
The girl in Ichika's dream was probably his Stratos. His sister later mentioned about Stratos connected to the heart of the user and healing injuries and stuff. I know it sounds kind of stupid, but the whole show was stupid.

Most of the characters were simply annoying. I have seen axe-crazy girls, but that was too much. Was it something they ate? Ichika was a total failure as a male character.

The mecha battles weren't very good. The ending felt rushed and left everything totally unfinished. Basically in 12 episodes nothing happened :) Gets 6/10 because I liked the animation.
Apr 13, 2011 6:30 PM

Aug 2010
Second season please

and this time CHARLOTTE END
Apr 14, 2011 2:53 AM

Feb 2008
it never really rose above being generic and never really showed any true originality, but it made me laugh every now and then so 5/10
Apr 14, 2011 6:37 AM

Jan 2011
This was an okay series. The ecchi was pretty hilarious at times and the fights were quite entertaining. It still seems like a small-version of Gundam though. Ah well, wouldn't mind a 2nd season.
Apr 16, 2011 10:19 AM
Aug 2010
I just realized that nothing happened in this show. Absolutely nothing.
Apr 19, 2011 12:16 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
This anime was okay overall. I'll watch the next season if it comes out, I guess.

Apr 20, 2011 10:45 PM

Aug 2010
So that whole mission was pointless. In the end we knew it would be Houki.
This anime was okay pretty basic not bad not great just fine. I give it a 7/10 overall it was good and what you'd expect.
awesome-49Apr 20, 2011 11:13 PM
Apr 21, 2011 5:40 AM
Apr 2011
I hate to crap on a series, but this show was generic & boring. The ecchi/harem elements got old fast (it's really only rewarding when you're not being smothered in it) and the story went pretty much nowhere.

The show just emanated recycled cliches the entire time. The only semi redeeming part was the final episode where it finally had some story development, but that was ruined by another lame ecchi/harem cliche. If a show's going to cater to horny prepubescents, it should go all the way instead of pretending to be something it's not.

5/10. Would've been lower if the final episode hadn't redeemed the show at least a LITTLE bit.

FallenSeraphim said:
So Houki's sister hacked Gospel only because she wanted Houki to have debut in her own IS... and yet Chifuyu was so cool about it even Ichika was nearly killed..

I interpreted Houki's sister's actions as having launched the missile attacks on japan to debut HER own IS (or was it Chifyu that's supposedly the white knight) and give rise to women as the powerful gender (through ISs).

Does that mean that Houki's sister designed the ISs to only work with women? Who knows. I'm not sure there is any sort of deeper meaning to such a shallow & lame show.

Edit: I'm just going to add that part of my reasoning for hating this show is the asinine premise that whoever makes/pays for these IS's would just allow children to recklessly fight in them.
CasteilApr 21, 2011 6:03 AM
Apr 21, 2011 3:09 PM

May 2010
QuiZNo said:
I just realized that nothing happened in this show. Absolutely nothing.

LOL
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 21, 2011 3:12 PM

Apr 2011
Sharuru Dunoa is best
Apr 24, 2011 2:03 AM

Sep 2008
Gave me the strangest urge to go play some touhou for some reason.
Apr 26, 2011 5:36 AM
Apr 2011
6.5/10, because i like generic school-mecha/fighting anime, like mai-hime or something.

however it was really a let down.

plus, i dunno about anyone else, but i was rooting, and thought that he would end up with charlotte.
Apr 27, 2011 2:07 AM

Nov 2009
Well, this anime doesn't impress me further than it's decent design on it's mecha. I think that this anime spent a lot of episodes introducing new characters and what the new character's IS capable on doing.

For me, throughout 12 episodes, the one and only real fight is against Gospel and its very much expected what will happen whenever the protagonist fall. Dream about something, gain strength, wake up and gain new ability or something like that. I think I saw this in some anime too and it reminds me of Persona 4 game as well.

It's not too good but it's not that bad as well. Hope I didn't cause flames, it's just my personal opinion. :P
Apr 29, 2011 12:40 PM
Aug 2009
What the hell..? Kill you Shinonono Tabane.

It was avarage.

Ikaros_Fan said:
this anime was complete shit, imo! only thing's likable was charlotte and some of the mech designs.....overall shitty typical harem

3/10

Calm down Champion! :D

Apr 30, 2011 4:22 PM

Jul 2010
it was a nice and ok anime, char is awesome.
well moving on

May 1, 2011 10:58 PM

Nov 2009
LOL what a typical harem ending...I saw it coming...
If there ever is a second season, I'd rather see Charlotte ^_^
May 2, 2011 11:24 AM

Mar 2010
hmm .. for time-killing it was fun.

I just love tsunderes so I love the paring with houki !

well the battles werent that great .. I just give it a 7 cause it wasnt that bad that I didnt want to watch further/ multi-tasked and not wanting to know what happened.
May 3, 2011 12:45 PM

Oct 2008
Episodes with Charlotte screen-time --> 9
Episodes without Charlotte screen-time --> 2
Episodes of practice battles and Ichika spewing verbal diarrhea --> -3

Weighted average about 5. Generous? I think so.
May 12, 2011 9:00 AM
Jun 2010
5/10

crap ending, just crap, actualy deserves a -10 but ill give 5 for some funny parts, good quality and somewhat OKAYSIH storyline. Fail thoug.
May 23, 2011 5:26 PM

Apr 2011
Houki (for me) nuff said. 3/10
May 24, 2011 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
8/10 i enjoyed it, except the mecha

i like the dumb harem stuff, its funny n cute to watch, but the mecha battles put me to sleep

+1 for laura, but only b/c the gender bender stuff with Char kinda put me off..
May 29, 2011 12:08 PM

Sep 2010
WildKaiser said:
Just a quick note, if they made a real ending (as in he actually chose someone) how would they make a Season 2 while still following the LN? Possibility is there.

Also ITT, I just looove how a lot of people are stating their opinions as facts. "Worst anime EVER!" "Holy shit this season is seriously full of shit!" You hated the show. Watched all the way till the final episode, then stated it was shit. Hahaha it's FREAKING RIDICULOUS!

Is it so hard to DROP an anime!? Heck I hated Qwaser so I dropped it. Did I go to the forums to whine like a bitch about every episode I watched? Hell no. In the end, you guys are the joke.

LOL That Made My Day. You're Totally Right. +1 Honor For You.

Also, For Those Who Hate The Ending (Or The Whole Series) Because Ichika Ended Up With Houki Instead Of Char,

HATERS GONNA HATE. >))
Jun 8, 2011 4:27 PM

Jun 2009
uuugghhh... this ending leave a pretty bad taste in my mouth... what makes it worse is what supposed to be the climax of the show is rather meh... which didn't help as well...

In ZnT: Futatsuki no Kishi, even though the ending is crap, at least the climax is so damn strong... Which I forgave the ending...

before the ending, I was thinking 6/10... but now... I'll have to reconsider
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2011 1:51 AM

Aug 2009
Everything has gone so well until...the massive explosion [seen at the first ep] just happens to be a small dud and destroying gospel also happens to be lame.
Everything after the battle turned out lame and the ending is pushes the crapness even further.

Good anime overall imo.
Jun 26, 2011 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
Avarice said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Underwhelming final battle. Boatload of tropes. Houki ending. No Natasha.

8-bit I am disappoint.

Before this episode I would have rated the show a 6/10 because of how much fun I had watching it, but 8-bit really dropped the ball in episodes 11 & 12 in the direction department, so it's a solid 5/10.

Agreed. it was never a good show but i was enjoying enough for a 6, not after the ending though...
Jul 10, 2011 11:56 PM

Jun 2011
Ichika choose Houki in the end? Aw I thought he's gonna end up with Char! If he does end up with Houki, even if there's a sequel to this, im not gonna watch it..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 11, 2011 5:36 AM

Aug 2010
I was disappointed, oh well.

6/10
Jul 11, 2011 7:04 PM

Jun 2011
i got IS recommended to me and im pretty annoyed of how bland and terrible it was.

an interesting concept, amazing art work, glorious houki/charl

but even with all that the battle scenes were dull and the story was pretty lackluster

looks like i slowpoked into this series- but would still like to read someone else's thoughts regarding my complaints
Jul 11, 2011 7:10 PM

Dec 2010
Al_Gore said:
i got IS recommended to me and im pretty annoyed of how bland and terrible it was.

an interesting concept, amazing art work, glorious houki/charl

but even with all that the battle scenes were dull and the story was pretty lackluster

looks like i slowpoked into this series- but would still like to read someone else's thoughts regarding my complaints
People... watched this for the story?

I'm pretty sure everyone watched this for the girls and their doujins.
Jul 11, 2011 7:12 PM

Jun 2011
notsureifsrs said:

that makes a lot of sense. i guess harems just aren't for me (even though all ive seen are school days and IS so my opinion might be based on a small sample)
Jul 11, 2011 7:18 PM

Dec 2010
Al_Gore said:
notsureifsrs said:

that makes a lot of sense. i guess harems just aren't for me (even though all ive seen are school days and IS so my opinion might be based on a small sample)

Well, some things you watched like EVA are semi-harems.

Here are some semi-harems I think you might like based on your list:
Golden Boy (dub)
Denpa teki na Kanojo
Bakemonogatari

Of course, I recommend getting the highest quality you can get, especially bake. The BR has 3 more episodes and the art is finished. The TV version has lots of QUALITY and white backgrounds.
Jul 11, 2011 7:46 PM

Dec 2010
Ah, now it's fine.
Jul 11, 2011 8:24 PM

Jun 2011
notsureifsrs said:

Well, some things you watched like EVA are semi-harems.

Here are some semi-harems I think you might like based on your list:
Golden Boy (dub)
Denpa teki na Kanojo
Bakemonogatari

Of course, I recommend getting the highest quality you can get, especially bake. The BR has 3 more episodes and the art is finished. The TV version has lots of QUALITY and white backgrounds.

i actually have had those on my backlog(which u already picked up on). I just added denpa teki na kanojo. ill be sure to check those out pretty soon

i just love houki's seiyu youka hikasa which was one of the reasons i picked up IS. She's also the reason i watched Occult Academy.
her voice just drips with sex... no homo
Al_GoreJul 11, 2011 8:28 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

193 by Flaviomoe199 »»
Oct 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 6, 2011

270 by Tenshig2005 »»
Apr 7, 2023 3:59 PM

» I love the opening

goldfishluke - Aug 20, 2022

11 by MeguSae38 »»
Mar 21, 2023 12:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.