Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 15, 2011 12:16 AM

Jan 2011
Iilia said:
ReaperLoki said:
lol its fun arguing with you =P.Plus i really only shorthanded afew things i don't even own a phone nor do i IM.Lol and im not getting upset just saying people shouldn't knock it after 2 or 3 episodes. I mean take Kenichi or Hitman Reborn for expamle they started out crappy, well the first 3 or 4 episodes,but it got better.So yea just like you said some start that way and get better plus they are showing up more and more these days.

Fun!? Well, that's a first. I'm not arguing; I'm... debating, even though looking back some of my previous posts to you were kind of harsh. I'm normally not like that, for the record. So I apologize, because I'm probably coming off as a jerk. And besides, when you act so cooly to my hostility how am I supposed to be angry? >_>

nah its alright =P and u wasn't coming off as a jerk ^.^
Jan 15, 2011 1:53 AM

Apr 2009
This episode wasn't bad. Although I could have done without the Orimura crothch shot... Lol, looks like his harem is going to be an international one.
Jan 15, 2011 3:00 AM

Aug 2009
Hah... Second girl, conquered.
This episode had great battle scenes.

Oh snap, twin tails next ♥
Jan 15, 2011 5:22 AM
Nov 2009
harem and tsundere? dis i leik. gonna continue watching
Jan 15, 2011 6:48 AM

May 2010
I'm watching this for the harem and the mech action.

The action kinda lacked something but what can I expect from a 2nd time user of IS.

And Tsundere Houki : )

Twintail is going to be next.. Wohoo :D
Jan 15, 2011 7:06 AM

Dec 2010
this epsiode was gud i love the fighting scene ...if only he won but looking for to childhood friend 2 *.* lol love the eD how girls getting added to the harem
Jan 15, 2011 7:08 AM
Nov 2010
I hope the fighting scene will be as "sophisticated" as this one, because that's only decent thing about this show.
Jan 15, 2011 7:30 AM

Feb 2010
I've always hated the Fog of War...
Jan 15, 2011 8:29 AM

Jan 2008
I remember somebody saying in the Episode 1 discussion thread "I bet there will be a second childhood friend and the blonde girl will be in love with the clueless boy"...this is so funny :))

This is such a low-class anime, but I want to keep watching it for amusement.
Jan 15, 2011 8:57 AM

Mar 2008
Hmmm ... IS the fight was better than I expected so I'm satisfied. But unfortunately, I have the impression that the show goes in the direction of a love triangle. I hope I'm wrong.

Jan 15, 2011 11:52 AM

Apr 2009
Better than ep 1 and Houyki is cute. I still dont care about Cecillia. I totally didn't like it when the main char was animated with cel shaded 3d during the otherwise nice fight sequence(esp when the camera rotated around him).
Jan 15, 2011 1:41 PM

Oct 2010
ReaperLoki said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ReaperLoki said:
All I got to say is that it will either be good or bad at the turning point around episodes 6~7 Usually it worked for me and then I want to see how it all ends. Here's a hope,hope the enemies will be some aliens.
lol >.< aliens i wouldn't doubt in the end they will have to fight something like that
I just hope they introduce and shift things around episodes 6/7. Doing stuff at the last moment sucks a lot in anime.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 15, 2011 2:41 PM

Aug 2010
I could have watched the first half without the dialog but the second half was interesting.

That fight was to decide who would be the class president and the boy ends up losing because of some stupid rule...he had that match bagged already.

Now he as to be followed by yet another girl (they will just keep increasing).
Jan 15, 2011 3:02 PM

Oct 2008
At least the mechs seem to all be individually unique.

So the fight scenes should be interesting.
Jan 15, 2011 3:18 PM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
]I just hope they introduce and shift things around episodes 6/7. Doing stuff at the last moment sucks a lot in anime.
There just to many Anime that do that and in many cases it just ruins the Anime.
So i agree with you and hope that this will be different.

ReaperLoki.
If people decide to drop this after one or 2 episodes it's there choice.
And if it turns out to be good and differently then they expected it's there loss.
I don't mind it if people drop it what i do mind is that when some people drop it they go to the forums just to say they dropped it whit out giving any reason why.
If you want to say you dropped it that badly then at least give a good reason for dropping something.
There is nothing more annoying then 2 word posts.
Jan 15, 2011 3:46 PM

Apr 2010
Great anime. The battle was very intense and well animated. 5/5 for episode 2.
Jan 15, 2011 7:16 PM

Aug 2009
While this episode played out more or less exactly how I suspected it would, that didn't make it any less fun. I like how the battle scene was really slick and fast-paced, and it was one of the few times I didn't really know who was going to win, unlike in some series (I'm looking at you Star Driver).

Houki and Ichika continue to have the most generic cookie cutter nice guy/tsundere childhood friend relationship, but that doesn't make it any less cute, at least for me. That said, I really hope Ichika shows some level of romantic interest in her during the course of series, or towards any girl really (Cecilia, the new girl, etc.). Too often the chastity/decency of harem leads seems to border on asexuality until the very end of the show.

Also,
Ha-cha!
Jan 15, 2011 8:46 PM

Nov 2010
So it seems people like Houki and dislike Cecilia.

It's the other way for me and I don't like it. There's something about Cecilia that makes me really like her, maybe it's her design, maybe dat headband. I feel like a tsundere myself. >_>
Jan 15, 2011 8:57 PM

Sep 2008
LightningRamiel said:
While this episode played out more or less exactly how I suspected it would, that didn't make it any less fun. I like how the battle scene was really slick and fast-paced, and it was one of the few times I didn't really know who was going to win, unlike in some series (I'm looking at you Star Driver).

Houki and Ichika continue to have the most generic cookie cutter nice guy/tsundere childhood friend relationship, but that doesn't make it any less cute, at least for me. That said, I really hope Ichika shows some level of romantic interest in her during the course of series, or towards any girl really (Cecilia, the new girl, etc.). Too often the chastity/decency of harem leads seems to border on asexuality until the very end of the show.

Also,
I don't tend to read the character pages because they are often spoilerific. Aleister Crowley's page makes it two sentences before it starts getting into earthshattering revelations that haven't yet actually been revealed. I haven't read the rest of that page, just the first two sentences, but I can only assume that it builds on that second sentence with more that I don't yet know...I don't know why the character pages do that, but it's best to just leave them off in the corner until you think you know everything.
Jan 16, 2011 3:53 AM

Feb 2010
a lot of bitch talking from the cecilia.

could you imagine that in real life or in a game? really irritating.

and i hate houki , she is so stupidly tsundere.

im probably gonna hate the next girl also.

but the battle was good.
Jan 16, 2011 3:57 AM

Feb 2008
Mmm... tsundere.

I can't think of anything else to say.
Jan 16, 2011 5:14 AM

Jun 2008
Wow! That suit looks so gay when a guy wears it. Now i know why it was only girls using those suits.
Jan 16, 2011 11:16 AM

Mar 2008
So when Ichika engaged his MOONLIGHT, he lost because it drains Primal Armor. So it's a Kojima laser blade.

</armoredcore>

I'm waiting for this anime to not be a copypasta of something done a million times. Really in it for the combat choreography. Let there be a world war by the end of the series or something.

EDIT: It would be good if the series pulled a Narutaru or something.
FotonJan 16, 2011 11:37 AM
Jan 16, 2011 12:28 PM

Aug 2009
The fight scene was pretty cool /2
This episode was much better than first /2
Lay on, lay on, lay on, lay on...
Jan 16, 2011 1:48 PM

Apr 2009
I feel like I'm the only girl in the world watching this mecha harem series. My friend gave me such a weird when I gave her the summary of Infinite Stratos...

On a different topic, I think that Houki had better get rid of her habit of talking to herself in the changing room.

Jan 16, 2011 2:36 PM

Nov 2010
This topic needs more Cecilia love. I can't possibly be the only one who likes her. D:
Jan 16, 2011 7:19 PM

Nov 2010
Well epic fight but a lose for Ichika, and that suit that he had to wear really... that looked pretty lame. OK now that he has two that are in love with him we just need another childhood friend right everyone lets put our hands together for the next rival!
Jan 16, 2011 9:48 PM

Nov 2010
Need more action. He should have "accidentally" ripped Blue Tears to debris and leave the brit brat wondering wtf she's gonna fly.

I'm hoping to see some combat evolution too, beside the obvious "I'm in love with this chick I haven't seen for 6 years" thing that will be going on.
Jan 17, 2011 12:43 AM

May 2009
billng said:
The Tight body suit he gets in is more than LESS than appealing. ugh

^Exactly, it looks like he's wearing a sports bra.

Zensational said:
Was a fun episode. I thought it was stupid that he was able to beat Cecillia so easily even with only having piloted it once, but then loses because he sword converts all his shield energy into his thermal weapon or whatever. There should be some trials for the protagonist at least, instead of the believing in the heart of the cards kind of thing.

I hate it when it's luck/"raw talent". I was hoping she'd win by a landslide to show him his place, since a) he's only piloted an IS once; b)that was his first time in that IS as well; c) he doesn't know squat about anything related to IS. So why should he win against someone who's very knowledgeable in IS and one of the best in her country?!

The only reason I keep watching this is because of Houki and the ED. Oh, and I liked that Yukana sings the ED in this ep.
sorry for the rant.
lilly_938Jan 17, 2011 12:48 AM
Jan 17, 2011 10:11 AM

Nov 2010
Damn I keep forgetting this Anime's name. Any who I know this sounds cliche,but do you think the mechs are powered by friendship. Also no suprise the british girl fell in love with the lead.
Jan 17, 2011 2:25 PM

Dec 2008
that has to be one of the most lazily animated EDs i have ever seen
Jan 17, 2011 6:39 PM

Jun 2009
I like were this is going suits my watching mood and I have to say it has a nice spot in the fall line up I am following.

I am glad they made the guy smarter and that he is not completely incapable of learning.
Jan 18, 2011 6:50 AM
Jan 2011
Zer010 said:
I am glad they made the guy smarter and that he is not completely incapable of learning.

The not-so-bright main character is standard procedure. They have a lot of information to dump on the audience, and having the other characters teach him is the easiest way to do it. I think it could have been handled better, but it didn't really bug me.

What I just can't accept is how Ichika has his own multi-million dollar mecha due to his "special circumstances", but he still has to share his room. With a girl. Really?

Jan 18, 2011 7:12 AM
Aug 2009
ryanxwonbin said:
This topic needs more Cecilia love. I can't possibly be the only one who likes her. D:

She won't get a lot of love, it's the typical "I'm so pro, c'mon newbie fight with me or I will eat your cookies"-character, nowadays not really my type xD.

But well, in fact, she's far way better than retard-best-friend x__x
Jan 18, 2011 9:23 AM

Feb 2010
Kenshin- said:
ryanxwonbin said:

She won't get a lot of love, it's the typical "I'm so pro, c'mon newbie fight with me or I will eat your cookies"-character, nowadays not really my type xD.

But well, in fact, she's far way better than retard-best-friend x__x

completly agree.

imagine playing an online game or a sport , and your opponent start saying those things xD , you wont like him/her
Jan 18, 2011 6:28 PM

Aug 2008
The fight was decent, but I'm not really loving most of the characters at the moment. No to mention I hate harems. Houki is such a cliche tsundere that I get no joy from watching her. At least Cecilia is hot. She made a classic mistake with her fangs/funnels/bits though. You should never have a reason to bring them within striking distance of a melee opponent.

Jan 18, 2011 9:10 PM

Jul 2008
This anime definitely has one of the best animation I've ever seen. though, I can't really say much about the story itself. -_-
Jan 18, 2011 11:43 PM

Mar 2008
Why would Cecilia's missiles not split to more missiles to overwhelm her enemy is beyond me. Costly as it is, a Macross Missile Massacre is probably the only safest way to dispatch an enemy (barring plot armor).
Jan 19, 2011 11:41 AM

Jul 2009
Wow, the animation and music in this anime is awesome! The fight scene was so cool XD
Another childhood friend huh? She looks interesting as well ;D Just hope not EVERY girl will like him haha XD
Jan 19, 2011 1:54 PM
Sep 2009
I agree with everyone about the great music and animation!

It does get on my nerves a little how all the girls are throwing themselves at Ichika - just 'cause they go to an all girls school doesn't mean they've NEVER seen a guy before. Especially the first years who I'd've thought would have been living in the normal, gender balanced world up 'till this point.

Also Chifuyu is definately an early favourite here =]
Jan 19, 2011 5:13 PM

Apr 2010
sciencewarrior said:
Zer010 said:

The not-so-bright main character is standard procedure.
Even so there are limit's to how dumb the main character can be.
Because this guy just pisses people off.

sciencewarrior said:
They have a lot of information to dump on the audience, and having the other characters teach him is the easiest way to do it. I think it could have been handled better.
I agree they have to do it one way or another but you can take things to far.
You would expect that he at least learns some parts by himself, let him browse the web or something like that.
Seeing as he didn't even know what type of work his sister did and is almost unknowing about those mecha's at all.
Since those mecha's are super weapons in that world they should be what nuclear weapons are in are world.
And since his sister is one of the first pilots not to mention a good pilot as well she must have a similar reputation in that world as Neil Armstrong in are world.
Which makes me think that the male lead has been living in a cave till now without any communication to the outside world.

sciencewarrior said:
What I just can't accept is how Ichika has his own multi-million dollar mecha due to his "special circumstances", but he still has to share his room. With a girl. Really?
You have a point there.
I wondered about this as well i would expect at least some male personnel working in that facility, so why not put him in a room with one of the male staff.
With such machinery they would need mechanics and what about the teachers are all of them female?
Those things have not been explained yet.
Jan 21, 2011 5:02 AM

Feb 2010
Aversa said:
You have a point there.
I wondered about this as well i would expect at least some male personnel working in that facility, so why not put him in a room with one of the male staff.
With such machinery they would need mechanics and what about the teachers are all of them female?
Ahhh...this one is pretty easy..

It's because it's an ANIME...got the point?
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jan 21, 2011 9:29 AM

Dec 2010
Aversa said:

Do you realy want the writers to come up with some half-assed explanation? This is your typical mainstream show with every thing young boys like crammed into it. The targeted audience doesn't care about anything that goes beyond fanservice and action scenes. It's probably becoming a financial succes and that's all that matters to the producers. They don't strive to deliver something intriguing and unique. So don't waste your energy on that.
Jan 21, 2011 6:51 PM

Jul 2010
We'll see whats more to know next episode :)
Jan 21, 2011 8:46 PM

Aug 2010
This isn't the most interesting or exciting show this season but it's alright. It's not torture to watch and I like the battle scenes, besides I haven't watched a mecha in awhile so I might stick with it depending on how the next 2-3 episodes go.
Jan 23, 2011 11:51 PM

May 2010
hmm... this tsundere is getting on my nerves.. she seems so...common now.
the girl in the preview.. i thought she was the same childhood friend, and realized later that they're 2 diff people, and for me, they look the same except for the hair/eye color and hairdo.. :/

still watching to see how things turn out.. :)
Jan 25, 2011 3:18 AM

Jun 2009
Nice set up he performed a great show although he didn't won... that's good.. won't expect a super strong skills early in the series
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 25, 2011 2:24 PM
Mar 2010
nice episode..... but I'm really worry about harem potential.....
It seems this show will be a banal harem with only a boy!!!!! I will watch next episode because plot intrigues me, for now.......

next to 3rd ep
Jan 31, 2011 4:25 PM

Feb 2010
so suiseiseki
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2011 10:26 AM

Aug 2010
It was meh.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

avrc - Mar 31, 2011

292 by Nerleos »»
Apr 17, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 6, 2011

270 by Tenshig2005 »»
Apr 7, 2023 3:59 PM

» I love the opening

goldfishluke - Aug 20, 2022

11 by MeguSae38 »»
Mar 21, 2023 12:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.