Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 10, 2011 10:36 AM

Feb 2008
it was a weak ending but a very good series overall, wish it was 24-26 eps instead of 13 but a season 2 would be great
Aug 10, 2011 12:52 AM

Mar 2009
I was pleased with this series overall, given that I was specifically looking for a slice-of-life comedy in this sort of setting after having enjoyed Antique Bakery. The series wasn't perfect, but it was still fun.

I was disappointed in the heavy focus on Inami throughout most of the series though. Most of the stories revolved around Inami (and her relationship with Takanashi) in one way or another, which I didn't expect considering Poplar is supposed to be the main female character.

The ending was also somewhat of a let-down in that I was hoping for at least some real development for Inami x Takanashi. Hopefully we'll see some of that next season.

8/10 for me.

Hopes for next season:

* More Inami x Takanashi.
* More Todoroki x Satou.
* More screentime for Takanashi's sisters Kozue, Nazuna, and especially Kazue and Izumi who didn't appear as much.
* More development on Otoo's missing wife.
* More background on Souma's and Yamada's background/past.
Sep 18, 2011 1:43 PM
Sep 2011
this truly was /the/ filler series of all anime i've watched thus far, ever. i originally planned to watch this in preparation for its second season that will be airing very soon (and also because i was a little curious), but after watching all 13 eps through and through, i'm left wondering 2 main things: the first one being how i managed to push myself through watching all of this random nonsense and the second being how an anime like this (with virtually next to no story at all) ended up being rather... ok... i guess? i came into this series with naturally low expectations but, for what it is, it's not half bad. a show like this is good to pass the time and get some mild entertainment from. that being said, it was a miracle i got through some eps, especially as it went on. just got more and more boring. the comedy wore off on me kinda quickly. don't know how i managed, or why, but anyways. at least this has taught me a valuable lesson! unless a series like this is currently airing (and i can actually follow along), never going out of my way to re-watch this genre, lol.
Sep 21, 2011 7:38 PM
Feb 2011
Normally, I'd have given a series like this one a 7, but it turned out being great. It has entertained me from beginning to end. At some points I started to cringe because the show was going to bring out some cliché that always makes me rage, but it has been averted every time. For example, I'm glad Satou stopped the others from stalking Inami and Souta during their date and not letting them "win" after having made Souta crossdress. It backfired and I'm glad he hasn't been victimised the entire episode.
The sisters could've been more annoying too, and I'm happy he didn't end up being trappled on by them during the whole series.
All in all, the characters were great and very likeable, except maybe for Yamada but that's just me. Still a bit undecided about what I think of her.
Other than that, this didn't really have the feel of a finale episode, but I know actually ending a show like this would've been pretty tough as there isn't a main storyline to this anime.

Anyway, this has been a very enjoyable show and for once I didn't get bored nor did I rage or sigh at a situation except for the crossdressing, so I'm gonna give this an 8.
Oct 21, 2011 12:52 AM

Jul 2009
The ending ruined the posibilities of this anime to have a 9/10.
My vote is 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2011 3:12 PM

May 2008
9/10 loved the first season off to the second season!
Oct 30, 2011 12:48 AM

Jun 2011
All I have to say is: I enjoyed this first season but I VERY VERY much disliked the fact that Inami and Takanashi finally got to a date yet Takanashi had to cross-dress. I feel as though maybe if he hadn't cross-dressed the ending would've been a bit more genuine, since it could really show progress between the two.

I love the coupling, and I love the series and characters. So much potential, and maybe the 2nd season will help top off some of the weird things left unanswered.

9/10 overall for this anime.

Nov 18, 2011 10:09 AM

Aug 2010
6/10 overall for this anime. It could've been better if it didn't waste all its time on Inami.
Nov 22, 2011 3:55 AM

Jun 2011
Aww man, I'm a little disappointed that Takanashi still had to cross-dress in the end, oh well hopefully there will be progress in the 2nd Season :D
Dec 17, 2011 4:11 AM
Nov 2011
I know some people don't like the series, but I have laughed at every episode. I almost feel guilty laughing at some of the hijinks, and while I feel sorry for a number of the characters, the show still manages to find humor out of it all. I can't recall the last time I laughed at a show so much.

But you know, I was really hoping Takanashi and Inami would have worked better in this episode.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Dec 19, 2011 10:02 PM

Oct 2011
Really fun series, really enjoyed the smooth flow of the story. Cant wait to watch season 2 :D
Nope.
Dec 24, 2011 6:01 PM

Aug 2011
i thought this series was really funny, and finally they give the girl with the glasses some lines i've been seeing her in the background for forever now, and im like how come she doesn't speak? guess its cause shes "normal". anyways i guess she likes being called a dog...a cute one... yeah if i told that to a girl...well i wont be doing that so yeah. great funny series off to season 2!!!

oh yeah and i loved the OP catchy as hell! though when souta is looking at the rows of marching popuras one of them looked different from the others after a while that's all i could see...
Potatoboy27Dec 24, 2011 6:06 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2012 9:40 PM

Oct 2009
Yamada so cute.

Need more Yamada.

On to season 2.
Mar 9, 2012 7:34 AM

Nov 2010
The Date took a totally different turn than I expected

It was a nice end for this season and the entire run was solid

I had a bit of a ToraDora feel and the sketch settings looked like Seitokai Yakuindomo

Time for the 2nd season soon
May 9, 2012 2:09 AM
Mar 2012
ReaperEXE said:
The second I saw Takanashi crossdressing, I knew this episode would be bad... It really ruined the mood for me. Overall the series was bad, but not horrible, so 4/10 and inb4S2.

I agree about the episode being a bit disappointing, but I wouldn't bag on the series entirely for it. Moreover, this show wasn't a romance anime to begin with so I guess it's not a big surprise..
Jul 26, 2012 1:16 PM

Jul 2011
Meh didn't really enjoy this episode too much, I guess when the hsow focuses on Inami too much I get bored. anyway really liked the charecters in this series, but the show was still hit or miss. Still fun to watch though so it's either going to get a 6/10 or 7/10 from me
Dec 27, 2012 6:42 AM
Nov 2010
finish it and feel like watching season 2 immediatly
Hi
May 3, 2013 4:38 AM

Feb 2012
Good Ending. 9/10. It was funny throughout the series.

Also, was that rotoscoping for inami in front of the mirror? That looked great.
May 25, 2013 4:30 PM

Aug 2012
Oh wow, a lot happened.
Jun 11, 2013 9:20 PM

Nov 2012
ah its so stupid -_- because those guys souta wearing the cosplay again -_-
but still its funny tough :3
its so funny when souta said she cant like inami in the end of date :3 and inami is crying lol XD
Jun 11, 2013 10:48 PM

May 2009
They rely WAY TOO MUCH on Inami's androphobia slapstick gag in this anime. Unbelievably annoying.
Don't even bother calling this anime "Working", just call it "Inami's Androphobia." I have NEVER hated a main character so much in my anime viewing career as I do now.

I usually love slapstick too. But Inami's version of it is just awful since all of her reasons are the EXACT SAME for hitting Takanashi. They're all "oh I'm 3 feet near a guy kyaa~!" What makes slapstick funny is the various, different reasons resulting in getting hit and this anime just keeps cramming the same trite with Inami down your throat.

And she has absolutely no chemistry with everyone. It's all about the damn androphobia. Every single conversation with Inami just goes back to her androphobia. Inami is just a complete one trick pony. Even Matsumoto Maya, who finally showed up in the final episode, showed more personality in her 10 minute screentime compared to Inami's 13 episode androphobia plague.

It's a shame. I like all of the character's interactions except for Inami and her "oh I hit you just because" trait. And despite all of this I'm gonna watch the next season since I love the rest of the cast even though I absolutely despise Inami.

7/10.
Strawhat_PirateJun 12, 2013 11:01 AM
Jul 7, 2013 10:10 PM

May 2013
I enjoyed this anime a lot. Very funny.
Oct 30, 2013 11:07 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending, I did hoped for a lovelier ending but I'm happy with this one as well! Lets see what the second season has to offer us!
Nov 22, 2013 5:04 PM

Sep 2009
Kyoko-san has a great job for herself. She is lazy and doesn't do anything, but eat all day. Seems perfect for her. I feel so bad for Takanashi; he is surrounded by older women that make more work for him. I find Yamada annoying. None of the characters really stand out to me except Souma. Overall, it was pretty good. 7/10

Feb 21, 2014 12:54 PM

May 2012
It was a pretty good final episode. I'm glad they split it up with moments from the other characters and not just made it all about the date.

Overall I liked the series, but I did find it had its annoying moments, mostly due to Inami. Can't say I'd watch it again in a hurry, except for certain clips. I might try out the second series soon.
Mar 1, 2014 5:33 AM

Oct 2013
an appropriate ending i reckon
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 7, 2014 2:00 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode, Inami still has androphobia but it seems like she's hit Takanashi less.

Otoo sounds a lot like Nyanko-sensei from Log Horizon

Kotori manages to not get hit by Inami
6/10 for the series. Comedy wise it was great

Apr 7, 2014 2:09 PM

Jun 2007
SweetKotomi said:
Pretty good episode, Inami still has androphobia but it seems like she's hit Takanashi less.

Otoo sounds a lot like Nyanko-sensei from Log Horizon

Kotori manages to not get hit by Inami
6/10 for the series. Comedy wise it was great

If you watch closely too you'll notice Inami actually starts being comfortable closer and closer to Takanashi. The show, instead of shoving it in your face or bringing it up, handles it pretty subtly in the details, but it's pretty great if you notice them or go rewatch it and pay more attention to that kind of thing. It's not just like lazy animating or inconsistencies either, it's clearly purposeful development, she even starts holding the hand thing on their way home at closer parts of it which is easy to miss but not as easy as missing how close they stand and such a lot as time goes on.
May 12, 2014 5:43 PM

Mar 2012
Besides the random cross dressing and the dreaded Inami it was a good watch. Just disappointed that she got so much focus when I could care less about her. Well time to watch Working with androphobic Inami S2.
Jul 18, 2014 2:59 AM

Oct 2013
haha was a great series now to watch season 2!!!
[/quote]
Aug 18, 2014 5:17 AM

Sep 2013
Not as disappointed (KOTORI)- They got some pretty large pads for Takanashi though...
The idea behind this final episode was somewhat odd, since it essentially signals the end of Inami's development as a character (as in, all that work despite the circumstances could only produce so much). I though this was going to be another entirely shitty series but I ended up actually watching it enjoyably.
Sep 5, 2014 9:49 PM

Jul 2014
Last episode was meh but the series overall was very enjoyable to watch thanks to the characters. Overall I'd give this series an 8/10

Time to start season 2!
Sep 17, 2014 12:12 PM

Jul 2012
Annnnd that's it for the first season. It was decent, but not as good as S x S. Inami was annoying as hell to the point where I wanted her kicked out of the restaurant ^^;

Onto the next season.
Oct 15, 2014 5:33 AM

Sep 2014
Kanade-chan said:
yamada-chan at the end was really cute <3

Yamada-chan is always cute! :3
Apr 4, 2015 11:30 AM
Feb 2015
ahh boring show imho. I was hoping the central girl was taneshima but well geez I get annoyed. and atleast can inami be more prettier -__- I actually gonna drop this show but hearing fukuyama jun's voice.. >.< I think I can't watch the next season. too much inami shit that I can't handle. even I rolled my eyes so many times just seeing her face -___- gah annoying.
May 28, 2015 11:31 PM

Apr 2014
Yamada-san and Takanashi-chan (♥︎!) made this show for me, with the other characters occasionally breaking out of their shells. The comedy became one-note whenever it returned to the repetitious behaviors, but it became much more annoying when the show tried to explore the root of that behavior or expand beyond that.

Most of the last episodes from 9 to the end were good, the show's saving grace. Willing to watch the second season now.
Jun 25, 2015 5:23 AM

Nov 2010
Oh Nice, this was way better than what i thought.

I will get to third season in no time.

Great first season, loved all the characters.

8/10
Jul 31, 2015 5:18 PM

Jan 2010
This show successfully turned being normal into a comedic gimmick. Working!! is a world where being normal is an abnormality and needs to be pointed out. Something about this depresses me.
Aug 3, 2015 11:35 AM

Jan 2013
The most disappointing date possible!
Well, there were still some decent moments, knowing there are 2 more seasons makes it easier to handle.
A low 7/10.
Aug 28, 2015 5:06 PM

Oct 2012
Fail'd date is fail'd I guess.

Good and funny anime with likeable characters though it was bit disappointing it was ultimately only about Inami and her fear of men. It felt monotonous. It was too much sometimes as we were running in circles of repetition. And in the end they resolved pretty much nothing and are back to square one so it was all in vain.

I hope next series will have different main character, I need to know more about Popura, Aoi or Yachiyo for example. And Maya too. This time they all felt only as supporting characters. There are also his sisters that would surely benefited of more developement.

All in all, I kinda enjoyed this but I guess more plot variability and character-of-the-week would actually benefited this show a lot. Current story simply didn't have enough substance to span whole series.

6/10
Sep 1, 2015 5:15 PM
Oct 2014
I knew he would cross dress!
Sep 23, 2015 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
While re seeing him for the third time, this series remains interesting and entertaining to the end. Many gags are all spot on and the characters are really nice and thick really good character. Now I just have to enjoy the next season before starting the third. My vote remains unchanged. ^_^
Sep 30, 2015 11:13 AM

Jan 2013
I really enjoyed how this anime started but then the "Takanashi X Inami" episodes became a "every episode base", so i didn't enjoyed those parts since i'm not a big fan of Inami but it was still funny.
I expected to see more of Satou X Yachiyo episodes, hope there will be more of them in the 2nd season and less of TxI.
I'll give it 7/10 only because of Inami xD If there were more episodes of SxY i would surely rate it higher.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 30, 2015 7:34 AM

Feb 2015
DAMN! This anime is beyond my expectation. i thought it's gonna be so boring, but instead i was enjoying it a lot. it was a really funny comedy show. What a nice ride, tbh. The way they started and ended the series was so amazing. the plot was interesting too. This comedy show is the second best comedy show before Nichijou to me. 9/10

Now time to watch the second and the third season XD
Can't wait for it!!!

That date, it almost look like, Inami is crossdressing as a boy and Takanashi is crossdressing as a girl XD. I'm suprised there are many Inami Haters XD.
YizelTroNov 30, 2015 7:39 AM
Dec 15, 2015 2:43 PM

Jan 2010
good anime :)...and cute date, although i expected them to at least hold hands...it would've gotten me on a higher perspective about the 2nd season. Which i'm gonna watch anyway, but sometimes in the future :)

7/10
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 11, 2016 12:36 PM

Oct 2013
Disappointed lol, I was sure something romantic will develop, a hug or holding hands.

I expected too much from a slice of life that isn't romamce lol

Was nice tho
Sep 4, 2016 7:11 PM

Sep 2013
Finale was ok, but didn't really seem to resolve anything. Looks like a setup for season 2. That always kind of depresses me when they do that. It basically means season 2 will be more of the same and it might grow stale. I wanted to see Inami make some real progress on her phobia. Oh well, maybe next season...though I doubt it...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 4, 2016 10:40 PM

May 2014
Huh, 13 episodes later and we finally see the last girl in the OP.

So in the end, realistically no progress was made. Some may argue it's just a comedy and story isn't a focus, but it's a bit annoying when you spend dozens and dozens of minutes across multiple episodes focused on this one issue, and nothing really progresses. What, she hits him 3-4 times a day instead of 5-6, and has "control" over how hard she hits him now? Keep in mind, only him. I mean really, come on now.

Not bad, but not great. 7/10 overall, hoping the next seasons will put things in real motion.
Mar 16, 2017 9:25 AM

Oct 2013
Finally maya Matsumoto the glasses girl made her first appearance after being ingnored in the whole series, i hope she gets more scenes in the 2nd season. I still can't get down with Inami tho she's such pain in the arse. Hands down for the crossdressing Queen Takanashi. Pretty enjoyable series it'd be great if there's more character development like Inami cured from Androphobia.

Overall score 7/10
Sep 25, 2017 7:50 AM

Oct 2015
Always saw Maya Matsumoto in some of the previous episode and thought it was imagination, but I guess she does exist and she would fit perfectly with the gang even if she doesn't think so (she's clumsy). The date between Takanashi, ooops Kotori
and Inami was a disaster but I approve of their relationship if they want to take it further (but he has to cope with those punches, lol). I love series like these so 8/10 and season 2 is in my bag for sure
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Working!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

guyklc - May 2, 2010

114 by chiwila »»
Apr 17, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 11, 2010

173 by MR-Isekai »»
Jan 7, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jakeki - May 9, 2010

131 by Illyasviel »»
Apr 18, 2023 1:43 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nakei - Mar 6, 2010

238 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 12, 2023 3:16 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 23, 2010

112 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Feb 9, 2023 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.