Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 23, 2019 5:50 PM

Nov 2014
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
ttcchen said:
whether its a fact or not is of no importance at the moment. that user has done nothing to offend you so stop feeling so attacked.

I a
ttcchen said:
whether its a fact or not is of no importance at the moment. that user has done nothing to offend you so stop feeling so attacked.

I am not feeling attack but please don t make your personal opinion a fact its irritating.
if replying in an offending tone to someone who had never offended you whether accidentally or intentionally is not 'feeling attacked' then i don't know what is. Go read your initial reply again and tell me that reply isn't from someone who's feeling attacked.

Stop finding excuses and just admit it. What harm can it do?
Jun 23, 2019 6:27 PM

Jun 2016
ttcchen said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

I a

I am not feeling attack but please don t make your personal opinion a fact its irritating.
if replying in an offending tone to someone who had never offended you whether accidentally or intentionally is not 'feeling attacked' then i don't know what is. Go read your initial reply again and tell me that reply isn't from someone who's feeling attacked.

Hah excuses? How is excuses when I simply telling the truth. Quite ironic coming from a guy who stick your noses in my business this has nothing to do with you either. I am done this conversation is over.

Jun 23, 2019 6:36 PM

May 2015
RaiRye said:
So Zenitsu has a double personality or something?
Stefanop22 said:
Zenitsu's potential split personality/alter ego compensates for his wimpy side, he could be potentially stronger than Tanjiro.The Boar dude seems super strong too. The animation is great and can't wait for next weeks episode.
he doesn't have split personality,when the fear and nervousness reach his limit he fall unconscious and his battle instinct make him move in his true potential,in reality he is really strong.
Jun 23, 2019 7:13 PM

Nov 2014
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
ttcchen said:

Hah excuses? How is excuses when I simply telling the truth. Quite ironic coming from a guy who stick your noses in my business this has nothing to do with you either. I am done this conversation is over.
It is excuses when you refuse to admit the truth.
Jun 23, 2019 8:11 PM
Jan 2010
ExaltedChampion said:
Farabeuf said:

Wholeheartedly agree with this. I'd been thoroughly enjoying this show. The mood, setting and atmosphere were just perfect. And there was some zany humour, but not too much. Just enough to lighten the mood. And in wander those 2 that looked like they came out of some fanfiction manga with their one track minds. I know they're there to please some demographics, but I really hope that they tone them down, or develop them some. I don't think I can take Zenitu's screaming for episodes on end.

Actually most manga reader agree the first few arc until this point was the weakest part of the manga due to weird pacing. This is because the threat of cancellation from WSJ and the author inexperience. It only when the other 2 join the group then it get more interesting. I think because those 2 personality clash again Tanjirou. They maybe seen out of place at first, but as the story process, the scope of their character got more depth, they with Tanjirou form the dynamic: Tanjirou is the idealistic hero but naive, Boar guy is Tarzan who overestimate his own strength and Zenitsu is the straight everyday man. The fact that these 3 rub of each others and each learn something from the others is the testament to the author ability to make enjoyable character interaction. Ufotable had been fixing the pacing issue of the first part by adding scenes,t, that why most people who watched it feel the atmosphere was so difference

Just because they become more interesting characters in the future doesn't negate peoples negative opinions of them in the present. Don't just brush off other peoples opinions because you happen to know what they become later on.

And to the people trying to claim that him being scared of dying makes him relatable, you're right. Being afraid of death is totally normal. A realistic reaction would be drive for self-improvement such that you can more easily protect yourself from death. But him screaming and crying constantly like a little baby is not. It's counter-intuitive to actually keeping yourself alive, and is what makes him unrelatable.

Zenitsu might really end up being a likable character. And I'm willing to give the author the benefit of the doubt because of what I've seen so far. But right now, at this moment, he is undeniably annoying. Trying to say otherwise is just heavy bias, and does a disservice in getting others to take your opinion seriously.
Jun 23, 2019 8:18 PM
Jan 2010
ttcchen said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

I a

So you're just a fanboy who can speak for every single person is the fandom.

See how annoying it is when you put words in other peoples mouths? Some guy randomly saying that 90% of people like something doesn't make it fact. Either show a poll or some other form of proof or let this guy have his own opinion without jumping all over him.
Jun 23, 2019 8:37 PM

Dec 2012
Zenitsu is absolute trash! So obnoxious! The arc has also been boring.
Jun 24, 2019 12:38 AM
Jul 2018
I hope Tanjirou will win this fight, along with his injuries.
Jun 24, 2019 3:24 AM

Nov 2014
-Tyrael- said:
ttcchen said:

So you're just a fanboy who can speak for every single person is the fandom.

See how annoying it is when you put words in other peoples mouths? Some guy randomly saying that 90% of people like something doesn't make it fact. Either show a poll or some other form of proof or let this guy have his own opinion without jumping all over him.
so what if you belong to the 10%? Why rage over it? What if it's 80%? 70%? Just because the OP used a statistic you're feeling offended and shit? So if he had said "most manga readers" you wouldn't feel attacked? Calm your fucking tits dude. And ur not included in this shit so fuck off.
Jun 24, 2019 4:38 AM
Jul 2015
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
ttcchen said:
Poor demon, all he wanted to do is stay in his house and eat humans. Yet, he gets raided by other demons trying to steal his food, and humans who stumble into his house and cause a rampage. Poor guy... Just leave him alone! And stop destroying his house and stealing his food!!

calm ur tits he wasnt talking about you. plus he said "almost 90%" meaning anyone else belongs to the 10%, like you.

Thats not a even fact where evidence this so call 90 percent people love show because of inosuke and zenitsu. Fucking bullshit.

not sure about 90% but the manga sales began to increase greatly after their introduction
https://i.imgur.com/eVNi7HF.png
Jun 24, 2019 4:39 AM
Aug 2018
Am I the only one that instantly remembered Cavendish from One Piece when Zenitsu fell asleep and then woke up as a badass?
Jun 24, 2019 5:41 AM
Apr 2016
Well damn, that house really is full of demons, a lot of new ones this episode. Considering that powerful demon was too weak for the twelve moons, goddamn how strong are they.
Jun 24, 2019 6:11 AM

Apr 2015
Man this episode was amazing, Loved it and damn Zenitsu is so op, His lightning form slash was so satisfying to watch, Perfection!
Jun 24, 2019 7:31 AM

Mar 2013
I was really looking forward for this episode <3 Zenitsu for the win!!
Jun 24, 2019 7:47 AM

Jul 2014
Lol i thought it was just 12 eps then checked on it it's 26 how dumb of me.
I dunno but i love zenitsu ofc the cool one
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Jun 24, 2019 5:07 PM
Nov 2017
I've been watching this episode for 100+ times.. Zenitsu's sounds badass omg.. This episode is epicc
Jun 24, 2019 10:25 PM
Oct 2016
papsoshea said:
Honestly, Zenitsu and Inosuke have completely taken me out of this show. Both of them just unsettled the tone and atmosphere this series had and built over 9+ episodes. Yeah they look cool, and yeah their fighting abilities are great but the way they act, and their gag/one defining trait (so far) is really tiresome already.

Anyway, the camera angles and shots were on the money. Based ufotable, visually it is stunning. And I also like how Tanjiro's previous encounters play a factor - he hasn't healed properly and he is also fatigued. Good episode, he found the brother, he picked up on the demons abilities - then there was that Bruce Lee water philosophy +1 for that. Hopefully Zenitsu and Inosuke tone it down, I don't think I can handle them.

I recommend you to drop the show. Gag and comedies are integral part of the Kimetsu no Yaiba manga and it's one of the best in shonen. If you have it set your mind that this is all about humorless black and white sole revenge story, you are gravely mistaken.
Jun 24, 2019 10:33 PM
Oct 2016
papsoshea said:
draco11 said:

I recommend you to drop the show. Gag and comedies are integral part of the Kimetsu no Yaiba manga and it's one of the best in shonen. If you have it set your mind that this is all about humorless black and white sole revenge story, you are gravely mistaken.
There was already comedy in the show - sometimes subtle, sometimes out of place, but overall it was fine. But Zenitsu really takes me out of the show, like next level stretching your suspension of disbelief - well for me so far. Thanks for the recommendation, but no thanks.

As a manga reader, I can tell you this his character gets better.
Jun 25, 2019 12:20 AM
Jun 25, 2019 5:58 AM

May 2019
One of the best episodes objectively so far. Introduced some nice dichotomies within Zenitsu and it displayed the psychology of Tanjiro, which I think could later take him to a tragic state of mind and would be awesome to see. Inosuke looks great and I can't wait to find out his backstory, but Zenitsu proved me right after last week. I had a feeling he'd be one of the best characters, and I can already see that form.

His forms are so badass, which also helps lmao

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jun 25, 2019 1:42 PM

May 2009
BlindSniper said:
What is this dialogue... Why is everything dragging on so long?

Why is every episode the same? Every episode is exposition, and talking about everything they're doing or we've just seen.

Why is this show rated R but the dialogue caters to 12 year olds?

...gotta drop this, i'll watch the fights after this completes as that's all this show is good for. Even then I'm going to have to listen to the MC talk about everything we see with our own eyes every fight scene. Unsure how anybody can enjoy this.

Why are you forcing yourself to wach show you clearly you don't like?
Why do you think age rating have anything to do with dialogues? It's always about sex&violence level.
Jun 25, 2019 3:11 PM

Feb 2019
3 chapters in one episode is a good pickup of pace, they were going so slow for a while there, is it slated to end at the train arc or what?

Anyway man this animation is insane, ufotable undefeated as always, easily anime of the year for me. That zenitsu animation using thunder breathing.. wow, If you haven't read the manga, you need to be, it's free and short
Jun 26, 2019 3:41 AM

Aug 2012
Gytanzo said:
So from what I've gathered, Inosuke doesn't really consider himself a hero like Tanjiro does. He's just looking for entertainment. He also doesn't seem to be very aware of his surroundings, given the fact that he stepped on Teruko and launched himself off of Tanjiro. However, the fact that he seemingly self-taught himself all of his skill is incredibly impressive. I want to reiterate how cool of an ability this Demon has. I never imagined this anime/manga would be able to get so creative with the different demon abilities. Zenitsu telling that demon his tongue wasn't natural was amusing. Who knew Zenitsu was so powerful? That attack was pretty badass. So Kyogai was once a member of the Twelve Demon Moons, huh? That teaches us two things. Firstly, the demon that was able to rip the tsuzumi out of his back is on the level of a former Twelve Demon Moon. Secondly, by extension, Inosuke is very powerful as well, because he was able to mop the floor with someone capable of fighting a former Twelve Demon Moon. I hope we get a better explanation as to this whole "Marechi" and blood quality thing. That sounds interesting. It's impressive enough that Tanjiro has lasted this long with those injuries, honestly.
Not much more to say. Demons consume blood. Blood gives them power. The amount of power given by consuming a human depends on the type of blood. The Marechi blood gives the demon most power. That is it. It does not give the owner of the blood any powers or aything else.
Jun 26, 2019 9:26 AM

Sep 2018
No Nezuko for 2 straight episodes wth😡
Zenitsu was cool with that move, not feeling the bear/pig guy rn.
Jun 26, 2019 2:07 PM
Jul 2017
Zenitsu needs to sleep to fight serious?? I hope its change..
Jun 26, 2019 6:35 PM
Oct 2016
Wow, the battles are really getting intense. It seems Zenitsu is a real badass when he is asleep, kind of reminds me of hakuba.
Jun 27, 2019 7:26 AM
Mar 2019
I'm glad Zenitsu redeemed himself this episode, shows he actually has some real potential and isn't purely locked down to comedic value. The fact that he doesn't remember defeating that demon makes his rendition of the character archetype much more interesting.
Inosuke is so badass! Can't wait to see how he interacts with the rest of the gang based on the OP, I expect some fun lighthearted moments between the three.
Interesting to see that the demons have their consumption limits, the tsuzumi demon has a goal to rejoin the ranks of the Demon Moon 12.
These early demons seem very gimmicky to me, though I have to admit the rooms flipping around couldn't have looked so good without Ufotable's imaginative and innovative direction; I just hope the designs and sources of their powers become more in depth as the show goes on.

The use of 3D camera was crisp as always, I hope Ufotable continues to produce the series next season as I honestly can't see any other studio providing the same level of quality to this show that I have absolutely fallen in love with. KnY and Dr Stone are going to be some great forerunners of shounen for years to come

[quote=nightcrawlercyp message=57861159]
Gytanzo said:
So Kyogai was once a member of the Twelve Demon Moons, huh? That teaches us two things. Firstly, the demon that was able to rip the tsuzumi out of his back is on the level of a former Twelve Demon Moon. Secondly, by extension, Inosuke is very powerful as well, because he was able to mop the floor with someone capable of fighting a former Twelve Demon Moon.

Powerscalling PogChamp
KidLeafJun 27, 2019 7:32 AM
Jun 28, 2019 4:42 AM

Aug 2015
zenitso scene is really similar to Cavendish from one piece pretty dope stuff!
Jun 29, 2019 3:16 PM

Oct 2013
The blonde loud little shit is gonna make me drop this show, shame.
Jun 29, 2019 4:40 PM

Apr 2015
Zenitsu was bad ass this episode! He may be a whiny kid at times but he proves to be worthy of wielding that sword. His Thunder Breathing style is god damn quick! I wonder what's behind the sudden personality change though.

Inosuke, oh god, do I like this character a lot. He may be annoying but the VA does such a great job voicing Inosuke's character.

Overal animation of the battle in the tilting room was so well done! Just brilliant. Soundtrack is so good up to now as well.
Jun 29, 2019 9:01 PM

Jul 2008
God Zenitsu if you'd just shut up it would solve half your problems...and also split personality?

And it's rare to see a series where injuries don't magically heal after every arc/battle.
Jun 30, 2019 3:03 AM

Dec 2014
ok ..the fights keep on getting good
Jun 30, 2019 9:32 AM

Apr 2009
So Zenitsu is powerful when he's asleep or maybe he's got another him/personality?

Zenitsu and the boar headed guy got one kill each, time to step up Tanjirou! You're up against a former member of Twelve Kizuki.

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 30, 2019 3:13 PM

Jul 2016
Could Zenitsu get more annoying? Yeah sure I guess he did one useful thing so far in the series but the only thing he is, is comedic relief and honestly the little comedy moments in this show can be annoying and a little out of place in this show that I thought would be more serious.
Jun 30, 2019 3:16 PM
Jul 2017
This anime reminds me the old Naruto.. i fucking love it
Jul 6, 2019 4:36 PM

Mar 2010
I feel fooled. Even though the new guys has 90% annoying and 10% badass moments. It's still mostly annoying.
Jul 8, 2019 7:16 AM

Aug 2017
Tanjirou's wound caused problems...Next episode pls.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 8, 2019 8:37 AM

Aug 2009
This episode was pretty hype. The build-up and payoff to Zenitsu's attack was done very well; ufotable at their best. I'm even starting to find the guy funny now too, even though he mildly annoyed me in the last episode.
Jul 8, 2019 1:44 PM

Apr 2016
I don't see why people hate Zenitsu I think he's a really funny guy (quite over the top but that's the point, he's a little dramatic bitch) and he has lots of potentials to improve. Also, I was one of these people who was bored by Tanjiro's goody two shoes personality and Nezuko's quirky kawaii-ness. I mean their interactions are just...dull. Zenitsu and Boar guy will probably bring new dynamics in the show, it's exciting.
"You are not the brightest banana in the bunch, are ya kid? (...) These kids just keep getting weirder."
Jul 19, 2019 10:19 AM

Feb 2017
As expected, Zenitsu is pretty strong. Didn't expect him to be strong only while asleep tho.
Tanjiro vs that demon looks like will be pretty good fight.
Jul 24, 2019 8:38 PM

Oct 2008
WOOOOW! Zenitsu is so badass cool!
WOOOOW! Hashibira is also badass cool!
5/5!

Jul 26, 2019 1:01 PM

Nov 2017
Zenitsu shows his hidden talent... And he is very BADASS!
Jul 27, 2019 11:00 PM

May 2013
I fucking love Zenitsu hahaha. Knew he was gon be asleep the whole time :P

That boar head guy is weird lol.

Tanjirou not giving up-- whatta main chara thing to say lmao
Jul 30, 2019 5:17 AM

Jul 2013
Intense and awesome battle scenes, fluid animation, interesting story, but the comedy man... it sucks hairy ass. Just stop cracking jokes ffs. Also, of course Zenitsu is strong, he survived that demon hunter entrance exam after all
Aug 18, 2019 1:25 PM

Jun 2017
Enjoying this series.

They are taking zenitsus character archetype to extreme levels, which I thought would make him obnoxious asf, but I really enjoy him.
Aug 25, 2019 2:09 PM

Mar 2014
That change when Zenitsu turns his brain off to fight was surprising but cool

They really picked the right VA for that Boar Head dude. I can literally hear a mix of Kirito and Betelgeuse when he's fighting and it's freaky lol
Aug 26, 2019 6:09 PM

Oct 2013
Yay, their brother is alive!

Boar-san is insane! But I like him, haha. :D

Zenitsu, what the heck was that? Does it mean he can go all out only for a short time while he falls asleep suddenly? His attack was amazing.
Sep 27, 2019 7:03 AM

Jul 2016
Karunas said:
Am I the only one that instantly remembered Cavendish from One Piece when Zenitsu fell asleep and then woke up as a badass?

I was thinking this in the last episode. I knew he was going to have a badass side when danger kicked in.,
Sep 30, 2019 7:53 AM

Mar 2015
ZENITUS FALLS ASLEEP TO TRULY AWAKEN LMAOO
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 4, 2019 12:32 PM

Dec 2016

What's up with this assault? *A* Zenitsu looked really cool there! Too bad the power is only awaken when he's asleep -_-; Even so, nice episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Sep 7, 2019

221 by skatensleep »»
Today, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2019

351 by skatensleep »»
Today, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

302 by skatensleep »»
Today, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2019

281 by skatensleep »»
Today, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1095 by skatensleep »»
Today, 1:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.