Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 4, 2019 9:44 PM

Jun 2013
Hiro Shimono,VA of Akiihisa Yoshii from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu is the voice of Zenitsu!!! He also did Aoba from Durarara!! and Dabi from Boku no Hero Academia and Connie Springer from Shingeki no Kyojin.

I also like Genya's and Haganezuka's VAs too. Nobuhiko Okamoto and Daisuke Namikawa.

I'm up to date with the manga and the OP song gives us a fairly good idea where the first cour will end.

My fave parts were the demon finally reuniting with his brother, Zenitsu and Genya finally talking of course,Zenitsu's little sparrow, Urokodaki hugging Nezuko and Tanjirou,Haganezuka's appearance and preview of next week's mission. I'm looking forward to next week's episode a lot.
臭い-
May 4, 2019 10:02 PM

Jul 2016
The blonde guy getting a sparrow fucking killed me xD

Fantastic episode. I liked the focus the hands demon received. I have to say it was quite interesting and emotional to watch and not to mention that I also liked the fact that Tanjirou was kind enough to pray for his soul in his next life.

On the other hand, I felt the reunion between him and Nezuko to be a bit forced for some reason... maybe it was because of the humorous tone they tried to use at the beginning of the sequence but well. It was still a pretty good scene tho.

Other than that, this was probably my favorite episode so far. Now, I'm really looking forward to Tanjirou's first assignment!
SouthRzVaMay 4, 2019 10:07 PM
May 4, 2019 10:33 PM
Feb 2019
Lol for a seven day test we only saw one night of it but its all good i suppose. We got that good battle with the demon who has a vengeance against Urokadaki. Shame that it was confirmed that Sabito and Makamo are ghosts and that over a dozen of urokadaki's students died, but it was nice to see tanjiro bring closure for them all. Also i noticed that the crow told that man five people survived the trial, but we only saw four. My guess is that the final survivor is the Boar-faced demon slayer who was probably still in the mountain.
May 4, 2019 11:07 PM

Dec 2014
well it sad how all demons were once human...I mean what if all demons are.... and now they are no longer in control...now that is just sad
May 4, 2019 11:20 PM
Mar 2018
Tanjiro is a badass. I wonder how well he will do on his first mission 🤔
May 4, 2019 11:49 PM
Oct 2017
Deadpool: "Where's Francis?!" *beheads someone
Tanjiro: "How do you turn Nezuko back?!" *beheads a demon
May 4, 2019 11:53 PM
Apr 2019
MrLazyLady said:
The fifth one might be the boar one I guess... saw in from the OP
he is not, i have read the manga, and if i am speaking more than this, that would be a spoiler :)
May 4, 2019 11:56 PM
May 2019
ferdysiauw said:
MrLazyLady said:
he is not, i have read the manga, and if i am speaking more than this, that would be a spoiler :)
I see... alright, good to know :D
May 5, 2019 12:06 AM

Feb 2019
ferdysiauw said:
MrLazyLady said:

huh? what are you talking about? If you read the manga then you should know that he guess right. Better re-read the manga. XD
May 5, 2019 12:12 AM
Apr 2019
mainavi said:
ferdysiauw said:

huh? what are you talking about? If you read the manga then you should know that he guess right. Better re-read the manga. XD
oh yeah, he is, sorry MRLazyLady, too much reading these days make me confuse hahahaha
May 5, 2019 12:31 AM

May 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
And
Huh? Pray tell, what's actually good about this story?
All I can see, it's just a generic shounen "I need to get stronger/protect my waifus".

I think people follow Yaiba with the same premise as MHA(it follows WSJ troupes but executes them well). Tanjirou isn't overly obnoxious aside from his inflated monologues. The overall premise and artistic direction of the series' also isn't too outlandish considering it deals with supernatural stuff. I don't personally think this show is particularly amazing, but it's entertaining enough...

May 5, 2019 2:09 AM

Dec 2018
HiraKey said:
justasadguy said:
Is it only me or I saw only four people surviving the test, but that mysterious person with shoulder-length black hair which we saw from the back said he got 5 new sons?

Icewolf004 said:

I was wondering the same. It seems there is another one that survive!

He said "Go-nin" means "five people". So, it's not translation error. And I think the more mysteries it has, the better the story (at least for me).

*Note
- 1 = Ichi
- 2 = Ni
- 3 = San
- 4 = Shi / Yon
- 5 = Go
- 6 = Roku
- 7 = Nana / Shichi
- 8 = Hachi
- 9 = Kyuu
- 10 = Juu

Yes, I am glad we got this awesome anime this season :3
Also, it's a relief that I wasn't the only one who noticed it
May 5, 2019 2:57 AM

Sep 2016
That group hug brought tears to my eyes

Also the scene where Tanjiro received his first assignment made me thought his sword was gonna change colour again to red with how the last shot was focused to his sword... I felt bamboozled
May 5, 2019 3:13 AM
Jul 2017
Finally four people still alive after a week of a survival trial.
This chapter introduces the typical crybaby character I didn't think it will appears here too but nvm.
We are Nezuko sometimes, just layed in a bed and let the time pass.
I'll be pending of the development of this history, we need more Nezuko's scenes.
May 5, 2019 4:21 AM

May 2016
FINALLY. An MC that doesn't put up with the usual angry, loud & brash Bakugou-character's bullshit. I'm starting to like Tanjirou quite a lot now--seems like the writer can make him be very emotional (as so many shonen MC's are now) but also still strong and independent, and able to think on and stand up to shit on his own two feet. It actually feels like this MC has discernible thought going through his head, which is nice.

Also gonna predict that the girl survivor/new-demon slayer is the strongest, since she had no visible marks or bruises on her like the others and all. Also, it's always the mysterious silent ones... That or the annoying dude protected her, as I think I recall seeing them together in the OP or trailer or something. Could be siblings as well, and maybe the show could give us some interesting parallels.
ZaugrMay 5, 2019 4:30 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2019 4:30 AM

Sep 2012
hopefully we get to see more of the trial survivors later on, though the guy who was desperate for a demon sword was annoying, oh and lmao at the sparrow. the mc being welcomed back was nice and warm.
May 5, 2019 4:36 AM

Jan 2015
Zaugr said:
Also gonna predict that the girl survivor/new-demon slayer is the strongest, since she had no visible marks or bruises on her like the others and all. Also, it's always the mysterious silent ones... That or the annoying dude protected her, as I think I recall seeing them together in the OP or trailer or something. Could be siblings as well, and maybe the show could give us some interesting parallels.

Actually, if you want to know, the strongest is
May 5, 2019 5:01 AM
Jun 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
Farabeuf said:
And it has a good story too.

All I can see, it's just a generic shounen "I need to get stronger/protect my waifus".
your favourite anime is the monogatari series which dictates to me that you have a inability to differentiate good story from shit story
May 5, 2019 5:11 AM

May 2016
Xenocrisi said:

Actually, if you want to know, the strongest is

No I really don't, thank you. Why would I want to be spoiled.
ZaugrMay 5, 2019 5:55 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2019 5:39 AM

Dec 2013
Blonde kid getting a sparrow is random af lol

A pretty convenient time to wake up...

Reunion scene was still nice :)
May 5, 2019 5:39 AM

Jan 2013
This such a treat for my eyes to see.

Amazing episode as usual, the reunion scene was sad and Urokodaki shedding a tear made it even better.

Talking crow was hilarious
May 5, 2019 7:29 AM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
It’s sad we didn’t get to see more of the Selection insight. Would be cool to observe other guys fighting too, but I guess we’ll still see them in action later on. Also, according to what other people are saying here, 5th survivor is not there but s/he also exists, as the guy with the crow has said. A built-up for some plot twist?
Sister is back, that’s good, I’m glad to know she is ok.
Also, black sword? Really? It’s kinda dissapointing to see such a typical decision. I knew it won’t be red, but expected it to be blue to match his attack animations. But no, I guess black is just more cool.
I wonder if the sparrow guy will get a yellow one, lol.
May 5, 2019 7:40 AM

Dec 2016
Kurosawa-san said:

Also, black sword? Really? It’s kinda dissapointing to see such a typical decision. I knew it won’t be red, but expected it to be blue to match his attack animations. But no, I guess black is just more cool..

Actually there a symbolism and a reason why his sword is black like that. They just not go into that yet.
May 5, 2019 7:42 AM

Jun 2013
This episode had a melancholy feel to it. Also I knew that the sword will turn black.
May 5, 2019 7:42 AM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
ExaltedChampion said:
Kurosawa-san said:

Also, black sword? Really? It’s kinda dissapointing to see such a typical decision. I knew it won’t be red, but expected it to be blue to match his attack animations. But no, I guess black is just more cool..

Actually there a symbolism and a reason why his sword is black like that. They just not go into that yet.

Ohh, I see. Well, I'll take your word for it.
Still a very classical decision for the main character tho.
May 5, 2019 8:38 AM

Dec 2015
Production wise it is a masterpiece, but it's time for the story get better. Nothing so far was interesting enough for me at least get curious of what's going to happen
May 5, 2019 8:45 AM

May 2016
saengdao said:
and as i figured, angry sword boy is of course, bakugou's voice actor.

As soon as he spoke I was checking the voice credits because I was certain it was Bakugou lol

thiago52192 said:
Production wise it is a masterpiece, but it's time for the story get better. Nothing so far was interesting enough for me at least get curious of what's going to happen

agreed; the first episode really grabbed me but rn the story's pacing feels a bit off. I still have faith because the premise is great and ufotable's production quality is worth watching anyways.

May 5, 2019 8:49 AM

Feb 2014
While everyone one else gets their respective crows, the poor blond dude gets a sparrow instead. That made me laugh. XD

This was a pretty good episode overall. The demon's flashback was a bit unexpected, but it did make me feel some sympathy for him. Still, id doesn't excuse him for what he's done so thank goodness Tanjiro's slice on the demon's head was enough to kill it. He still paid respect for the demon, though.

Even though there were 5 people that passed, only four were present at the end. My guess is the boar guy from the OP, but I think we'll know the answer to that sooner or later.

The reunion scene with Tanjiro, Nezuko and Urokodaki was nice and now that Tanjiro has got his new sword, his first assignment, told to him by his talking crow, has been set. I'm hoping his first assignment is a successful one. =)
May 5, 2019 9:16 AM
Oct 2016
Good episode as always. I`m surprised so few people survived. I`m glad Tanjiro finally got to see his sister awake again, pretty heartwarming.
May 5, 2019 10:20 AM
Jun 2014
Leo said:
Only four of them made it.

Tanjirou got his first mission and a new sword.
well... that mysterious dude sitting with his back facing us, said 5 had passed OwO

May 5, 2019 10:23 AM
Jun 2014
Raizel said:
The art is still pretty solid I'm actually surprised despite Ufotable being in a huge debt lately.

looking forward to next episode 3/5

bledsoe60 said:
There were only four there, but the guy with the raven said that as many as 5 had survived, so I'm assuming that little discrepancy will become very important later
its probably the masked guy in the OP.

oh! i thought that agressive dude would become that masked guy :p or his hair will grow longer and then he could be the one who's depicted in that house in the OP

May 5, 2019 10:38 AM

Jan 2017
Damn. Ufotable is on it with this anime,, this is how they should respond after the accusations on them.
Nevertheless, "as much as five survived" is a real cliffhanger, I wanna know the fifth. This episode was absolutely enjoyable. Cant wait for next week.
May 5, 2019 11:16 AM
Mar 2015
The ending to the battle where we saw the demon's back story reminded me of the backstory to the latest demon.
Loved the crow saying "Watch next week or I will peck you"
May 5, 2019 11:53 AM

Oct 2018
4 survived but the guy which looks like the head or something of Demon Slayers, says that its 5, I wonder what happened to the 5th guy.

Emotional reunion. Nezuko kicking doors lol, she's just so adorable. Urodaki felt glad that finally a disciple of him survived and came back.

Looking forward to see what the blade color depicts. Next up Tanjirou's first assignment!
WraithFuryMay 5, 2019 11:56 AM
May 5, 2019 12:26 PM
Jul 2016
Like when he got home and his sister awakes and kicks down the door and rushes to him. Found it funny when the orange hair guy gets a sparrow instead of a crow.

I loved this episode.
May 5, 2019 3:51 PM

Feb 2017
Very good episode, the fighting is outstanding.
The main character got the sword that want the violent lol

Five survive, it was tought. I like it very much when they got a Hidden/Secret character,
that in most case is very strong and comes in the last moment to save the day.

Miss anime that have secret chartacters, sad they don't use them anymore,
like Ikki in SaintSeiya.
May 5, 2019 7:17 PM
Feb 2009
Nezuko finalle woke up and first demon assignment next week cant't wait
May 6, 2019 6:31 AM

Mar 2010
Was expecting a better fight against the big oni but oh well seems like tanjiro got really strong
That Guy with the scar in his face is annoying lol

Eager to see Tanjiro with his New sword
May 6, 2019 7:25 AM
Jan 2017
urodaki san srying when seem tanjirou back alive,, hes very happy bacause thet very rare moment to seem his student back like that, how kind is he, very soft and warm hearted,,,
May 6, 2019 7:48 AM

Apr 2017
The music in this show is just enchantingly beautiful. I have to get this O.S.T but the episode was solid for sure, continuing to enjoy this season.
May 6, 2019 12:43 PM

Oct 2012
I love Tanjiro so much
May 6, 2019 1:31 PM
Dec 2016
I think since both in English and Spanish it says five made it out alive there is one more that survived. My guess is that it's the guy whom tanjirou saved. Hence why tanjirou recalled him when the test was done.
My guess is also that he is gonna turn bad. Be so horribly scared of being weak that he will look for power in demons.
May 6, 2019 2:14 PM

Apr 2017
Seeing Nezuko back and lively again makes my day, and Tanjirou is walking the path to Demon Slaying and a step closer to finding a cure to his sister!
Great Episode Overall!

NougamiZero said:
Oh god, they actually used Bakugou VA for the guy who kept asking for the katana asd
he does the greatest Angry Voiced Characters in anime i can't see anyone more fit for the role!

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMay 7, 2019 7:19 PM
May 6, 2019 6:10 PM
Mar 2019
Once again Ufotable is doing justice and even more to the manga.
They extended Pile O’ Hands’s backstory, I truly appreciated that.
And that sad OST, damn
This was a very emotional episode from beginning to end, got goosebumps several times.
Zenitsu’s so cute tho, can’t wait to see him in action.

The ending was HYPE! Tanjirou’s first assignment as a Demon Hunter is here!

is inosuke, the boar boy
May 6, 2019 6:16 PM
Mar 2019
Farabeuf said:
And it has a good story too.

currently, tell me that shounen is not generic except for SnK?
May 6, 2019 6:32 PM
Mar 2019
FINALLY. An MC that doesn't put up with the usual angry, loud & brash Bakugou-character's bullshit. I'm starting to like Tanjirou quite a lot now--seems like the writer can make him be very emotional (as so many shonen MC's are now) but also still strong and independent, and able to think on and stand up to shit on his own two feet. It actually feels like this MC has discernible thought going through his head, which is nice.

the girl is not the strongest, what happens is that she was trained from a young age not like the others and no, they are not brothers.
May 6, 2019 7:22 PM
Jan 2016
Damn, great episode, it is becoming even better!

So, if 5 were alive, i wonder were is the 5th, obvious its not easy to become a Demon Slayer, proud of Tanjitrou, for sure!

The girl who have passed was pretty cute and beautiful, i looking forward to see more of her!

Tanjirou reunion with Nezuko and Urokodaki was so touching, especially Nazuko's welcome hug on Tanjirou, was so damn cute!

So he got a black sword, dont know if it have a meaning, and her first mission aswell, hyped for enxt episode!
May 6, 2019 10:14 PM

Apr 2012
adamhuarts said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

How so? I'd just cut out that part with dying demon who went full emo.
That's not how you set up a drama moment. I couldn't care less honestly.

2 mins. of wonky flashback is actually enough for you to care about it?
Guess people these days have some weird concept of "good storytelling".
They didn't even introduce this character. At all.

2.5/5 for the episode.

Someone seems salty.
+1
For real man, some people just deny themselves what can be a good thing but willingly choose to be miserable and pull people down with them.

It was well executed and that little snippet of the morphed demon backstory wasn't overdone but rather inserted nicely while he was dying. His multiple hands represented his subconscious desire to hold his brother's hand was beautiful.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
May 7, 2019 2:56 PM
Jan 2017
Yes! Finally someone mentions the touching moment between Tanjirou and the demon. I almost cried when I saw that scene. And the music was so good.

Urokodaki cryin, so touching.

They used my favorite seiyuu for the angry guy.

This was one of the best episodes. It had drama, comedy and the animation was incredible.

FMmatron said:
I loved it how Tanjirou showed compassion to that demon, you just know that he can relate to his pain too well.

Then we had the reunion between him and Nezuko, which was cute, but it felt kinda anticlimatic compared to the emotions shown before.

And boy, looking forward to that first job. Go save them girls!
May 8, 2019 3:35 AM

Aug 2016
Janethan23 said:
adamhuarts said:

Someone seems salty.
+1
For real man, some people just deny themselves what can be a good thing but willingly choose to be miserable and pull people down with them.

It was well executed and that little snippet of the morphed demon backstory wasn't overdone but rather inserted nicely while he was dying. His multiple hands represented his subconscious desire to hold his brother's hand was beautiful.

Let him dream on about being a hardcore critic :D Trying to be like Simon Cowell is only good if you're Simon Cowell.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Sep 7, 2019

221 by skatensleep »»
Today, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2019

351 by skatensleep »»
Today, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

302 by skatensleep »»
Today, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2019

281 by skatensleep »»
Today, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1095 by skatensleep »»
Today, 1:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.