Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 25, 2018 1:16 PM
Nov 2017
I don't know
Pierrot taking over, was a mistake :D
Dec 25, 2018 1:17 PM

May 2017
who like slide show, you maybe like this anime.
who like shit show, you maybe like this anime.
4/10
Dec 25, 2018 1:21 PM

Oct 2018
DarknessReality said:
I'm just gonna say I'm really disappointed they didn't use Unravel in the last fight. They used it randomly in Re but not the last episode.

I was also really disappointed by this. I was completely expecting unravel to be used at some point during the last episode :/
Dec 25, 2018 1:49 PM

Jan 2013
the "epilogue" would mean more if most of this season wasn't so awful all over the place. as someone who hates TG, they actually had something with the last season of Re and felt redeemable...then this mess of a series finale season happened
Dec 25, 2018 1:53 PM

Jul 2015
So for cristmas I got shitty ending to shitty adaptation, thanks pierrot

Dec 25, 2018 2:08 PM
Jan 2018
Oh Thank God, this shitshow is finally over. Seriously this is so bad that it's not even worth giving it a 1/10 instead it gets a FUCK YOU/10 from me. But hey, at least we still have the manga and Here's hoping for a reboot later down the line from a better studio and a more competent director and series composer (Also, keep Yutaka Yamada for that reboot that would be fucking amazing).

But in the meantime, IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!!! I'M FREE, YOU'RE FREE, WE'RE ALL FREE!!!!!! "WESA FREE!!!!!!!!"
Dec 25, 2018 2:13 PM

May 2017
Thank God! It finally ended! I loved Tokyo Ghoul Manga (I liked more the first part) and watching this anime adaptation truly hurt my being...
Dec 25, 2018 2:18 PM

May 2017
MasterAdventZero said:
Oh Thank God, this shitshow is finally over. Seriously this is so bad that it's not even worth giving it a 1/10 instead it gets a FUCK YOU/10 from me. But hey, at least we still have the manga and Here's hoping for a reboot later down the line from a better studio and a more competent director and series composer (Also, keep Yutaka Yamada for that reboot that would be fucking amazing).

But in the meantime, IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!!! I'M FREE, YOU'RE FREE, WE'RE ALL FREE!!!!!! "WESA FREE!!!!!!!!"

Yeah... I hope that better studio will be Shaft... It would be amazing, but for now... THE TORTURE IS FINALLY OVER!!!!!
Dec 25, 2018 2:19 PM
Dec 2018
I expected much better than this... s1 and s2 were really awesome and re s1 and re s2 is so fucked up.... i cant believe they made me hate tokyo ghoul.... should have listened to my friend and read the manga instead...
Well ig 3/10.
Dec 25, 2018 2:30 PM
Apr 2015
Furuta using the incorrect form of fuck in contrast to the context was super cringe lmao. Also loling at everyone having the same "finally this is over" reaction as me.
Saiyan_Prince said:
I've never cheated on someone before, but I've been cheated on. And let me tell you, it hurts like a bitch. If you don't want to be with someone, please just go ahead and end it before you even think about looking for that someone else. Don't wait and find that person in order to line it up first and then just move from one relationship to the next without even pausing. I honestly don't understand how people can be heartless enough to cheat on someone.
Dec 25, 2018 2:33 PM

Oct 2015
Well that was a mess. Finally it's over
Dec 25, 2018 2:35 PM
Nov 2017
Real missed opportunity not making this a christmas episode. Would've definitely saved this whole anime.
Dec 25, 2018 3:16 PM
Oct 2016
Ryuseishun said:
stassian said:
Changing people's designs was a great idea because the manga is set in the 80s, moron.

Don’t bother trying to reason. Just check the profile. You’ll thank me later.
Lmao you are right :D
Dec 25, 2018 3:37 PM

Jan 2017
well. that was shit.
How anti-climactic could this get... no "unravel" how? how could they overlook such an aspect; and Pierrot still not upping the animation in this finale -feels like there is supposed to be another episode, no. A season.

Essentially, this was about Furuta being able to get over Rize, so he decided to bring her back to life; and his grief is translated as frustration and anger towards Kaneki. Okay then.
In the end, It all seemed a little too convenient considering all the crap that's gone on through the previous 3 seasons (torture, friend's death, junior's death etc.) And then this piece of "meh..."
Dec 25, 2018 3:47 PM
Dec 2018
Well I know a lot of people been hating this season but I don't I'm glad to have it and im really happy how it ends, ofc it isn't perfect and there is a lot of missing content and skiping parts I hope we will get some remake of Tokyo Ghoul with plenty more episodes in the futher or something like that so it can cover a lot more from manga but I right now this is the best we have so try to enjoy it like I do!! Happy Christmas goodbye Tokyo Ghoul

Dec 25, 2018 3:52 PM
Nov 2018
I3lackwing said:
What a poor season it was, like seriously...i'm sad. Gonna go and read manga from scratch.
Nothing was explained. Just how the ghouls are living? What they are eating? Only coffee??

Manga was pretty well adapted int he first season.

It's unfortunate they've done such a poor job with these recap seasons.
Dec 25, 2018 4:19 PM
Sep 2017
ok, can someone tell me who the fuck is the guy with the beard in the ending scene. I actually have no idea
Dec 25, 2018 5:02 PM

Oct 2015
Galarrdo said:
ok, can someone tell me who the fuck is the guy with the beard in the ending scene. I actually have no idea

You probably meant Banjo right?
Dec 25, 2018 5:02 PM

Oct 2015
Toka and Ken didn't change that much along with many characters. The only one who changed a bit was Urie, but only a bit though.

The fight between Ken and Furuta wasn't that exciting in fact it was full of shounen clichés that made me sick, even his speech was worthless and less touching. Even when he destroyed that Rize Mirage it wasn't that emotional, in fact it was the opposite.

Overall this season was rushed and lacked development to the story along with its characters. Characters appeared from nowhere and became part of the story and some had a major part like Furuta. It was a jumble of shit and was all over the place, Ken became so many things in a single season one-eyed ghoul king, investigator, Arima killer, father, dragon, married man and a powerful ghoul. I didn't read the manga and I'm not interested after seeing this.

6/10 because it is Tokyo ghoul and was one of my starter anime. Other than that it deserves a 4 and less.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 25, 2018 5:08 PM

Oct 2015
I thought the Furuta fight was going to be watered down a lot to give time for a proper epilogue, guess I was wrong. The fight went on for about half the episode (and without the obligatory Unravel insert).

The epilogue scene was the most appropriate given the time remaining, but I was surprised that nobody got any lines (except from Ichiki's "Ah" and Kaneki's post credit line). The OP and ED could both be cut out for this episode to give some explanation on post-Dragon society as the manga gave quite a bit of information on how the ghouls were able to integrate into society after the whole war.

I guess this is the first time that I get genuinely frustrated with the series instead of watching it ironically.
Dec 25, 2018 5:29 PM
Mar 2014
It was interesting to see that the kid had the same colour hair as Ken. RE-ADAPTATION WANTED AND NEEDED.
Dec 25, 2018 5:35 PM

Mar 2018
This anime deserves no pity. A 2/10 is a way of overrating it. 1/10 is this shitstorm's deserved score.
Dec 25, 2018 6:18 PM
Nov 2017
Its so fucking sad that my favorite manga got this crap and rushed animation, fuck this studio, fuck this shit, i rather stay with the manga

Glad that shit is over...
Dec 25, 2018 7:42 PM

Dec 2014
Skipped like the last 5 episodes and just watched this cause I just wanted to see how it would end. I figured I wasn't gonna understanding anything by watching those anyway.

Anyway, as I expected it ended and I still know nothing. It's a real shame that Tokyo Ghoul was treated like this after the first anime season showed much promise. Root A despite all it's changes was at least watchable, Re has just been an abomination in my opinion. I guess I'll have to read the manga at some point if I really wanna know the story.

4/10, we deserved better.
Dec 25, 2018 7:52 PM

Mar 2016
How dare they make me feel relieved that Tokyo Ghoul is all over? The anime just doesn't make you go through a roller coaster of emotions like the manga. This quarter of Tokyo Ghoul was the worst!!

I wish Madhouse or Production IG would give us a reboot.
Dec 25, 2018 9:40 PM
Oct 2018
oh boy this hurt

what a shame that they screwed up this badly. Oh well i'm glad it's over.

Dec 25, 2018 9:48 PM

Dec 2017
FuMomo-kun said:
I wish Madhouse or Production IG would give us a reboot.
Agree. Those two studios have done many great works in that genre (action, psychological, mystery).

Well, it's finally over. Really glad that I had Golden Kamuy this season to balance this abomination.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 25, 2018 9:58 PM

Jul 2009
IlyessKhalifa said:
We suffered more than Kaneki while watching this adaptation!

This made me seriously lol. Thank you :3

But is this the worse anime adaption ever tho? Seriously the adaption lacks logic. It's confusing and doesn't provide sufficient explanations for pretty much anything. Like how are anime-onlys people supposed to understand Furuta and Rize? (Hell even as a manga read we're all left confused asf)

This was a hot mess and it's a complete disgrace. The only thing good about this season was the OP.

FMmatron said:
Messy adaptation, many things went wrong, but still had enough redeeming qualities to make it enjoyable and I thought that the happy ending was pretty cute.

5/10 with one closed eye.

True, but I'm giving it less than 5 because it's definitely below average and I feel salty enough with the fact they destroyed a perfectly good story.
InugirlzDec 25, 2018 10:01 PM
Dec 25, 2018 10:32 PM

Apr 2017
Unfortunately, this had to fall on Christmas so I was unable to watch it until later in the day.

Each week I said it, but shit pacing.
I don't understand why they fucked so many of the episodes, I thought they did the ending rather well. Why couldn't they just do the rest like the last few episodes? Tokyo Ghoul will always be one of my favorite mangas/anime, but I cannot get behind this adaptation besides the last couple of episodes, it was just so poorly done. The ending missed out on all the "where are they now" crap that makes people feel happy about their favorites, which doesn't bother me all that much.

It genuinely upsets me how bad the adaptation was, but the final couple of episodes at least were decent enough that I can justify watching it.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Dec 25, 2018 10:33 PM

Aug 2013
Jesus Christ this abomination is finally over.

One thing that really bothered me the most, and I'm sure happens in the manga too albeit at a probably better pace with some explanation, is all of these fucking form changes going on that didnt happen in the original manga.

In the original Tokyo Ghoul every Kaneki form change was deliberate and happened for a reason. The white hair happened because of the ridiculous amount of physical and mental stress he suffered from torture. The centipede happened because it was his kakuja from cannibalizing other ghouls. His actual Rinkaku was always 3-4 tentacles. It never changed shape to fit the situation.

Meanwhile in :re his rinkaku became 1-2 large tentacles, a spear on his arm, could grow swords out of it, had a fluid like appearance, became a giant centipede/dragon, became angelic wings, and then became body armor/tentacles with giant blades on the end. And his hair magically changed color at the flip of a switch twice to match his personality change.

They also never explained those markings on his face. I thought it was just some cultural makeup shit for the wedding ceremony since Touka had it too and hers came off, but his is just on there and was even changing shape while he was fighting Furuta (which also affected half of it).

They waited till the end of the fight to bring in Takizawa, which was...alright, until naked Washuu showed up out of nowhere like a fucking meme.

Furuta was also a completely shit villain. Dude just wanted to create chaos and watch the world burn. What was his reasoning? He didn't really have any. He thought that life was meaningless, but that doesn't explain a single one of his actions or motives. And then they try to make us feel sympathy for him? Like..what? Dude created his own mini nazi army and systematically planned the massacre of loads of people using Kaneki because he thought life was pointless and we're supposed to feel bad because he was childhood friends with Rize?

Speaking of which, Rize was the core of the dragon roots even though the thing spawned entirely from Kaneki? What? WHAT?

The 6 years later bit was kind of hit and miss too.
Casually showed some of the former CCG employees chilling in a coffee shop. Randomly showed that Naki and Miza had like 35 fucking kids even though they were always at each others throats. They somehow conceived more children than would be possible in 6 years unless they had shitloads of twins and triplets. Hinami and Ayato are a thing now, uh ok. He looks clean cut now at least. They show Nishiki but not Kimi. They show Banjo who was essentially irrelevant, but they don't show Amon Akira or Takizawa. No mention of what happened to Uta or that other pierrot bitch from the nightclub with the big tits who also lived. Oh no mention of Kurona either, but they show that investigator who mentored Suzuya whos name i cant even fucking remember at this point waking up from his coma that was almost a decade long. Might've actually been a decade seeing as how :re was I believe a 2 year time skip after the original, plus the actual timeline of :re was over a few years, and then the 6 year time skip epilogue.

They show Shirazu's grave and mentioned his body was found and his sister was also healed. I know his corpse was abducted by Aogiri in the manga as well, if that's what happened to him in the manga as well as the anime where nothing ever comes of it except for the grave, that's a fucking waste. They hyped it up in the manga like he was going to be an experiment like Rize and Yoshimura.

And then we get to the happily married couple which also irked me. Touka was fine. She got the long anime mom ponytail thing going on thats fine. But then we get to Kaneki and his daughter. First of all, Kaneki still has those weird fucking unexplained markings on his face. Second, he still has white hair. By all sense of logic after 6 fucking years he should be back to his original color. It's only still white for the edge factor. Then we get to his daughter...who has fucking black and white hair, which literally shouldn't be a thing because biologically Kaneki doesn't have two-tone hair, and Touka's hair is blue-ish. The time his hair looked like that was when he was Haise and his hair was returning to it's normal color AS IT SHOULD after years of no stress and trauma. The only reason the daughter's hair was two-tone was to pay homage to his Haise persona and once again for edge factor. Her hair color should be Black, Blue/purple, or a mix of those two. Not black and white two tone. Minor details that tilted the shit out of me only because they were done that way to appease super avid fans who would think that shit is cool.

God I fucking pray this series get's justice and sees a good remake from a better studio like Bones. Keep the voice actors though, they deserve justice and were actually good. Somebody should take the composer from :re outback and shoot that motherfucker though. Laziest sound track composition I've ever seen. "Hey, lets either insert 30 seconds of random piano keys, dead silence, or re-use unravel and the main fight theme from the original series in every major scene, because writing new music is too much work".
Dec 26, 2018 12:38 AM

Aug 2018
The first two seasons were so good I’m glad it ended because it became annoying .. I’m not satisfied with the ending , there’s so many voids in the whole series that should’ve been filled before reaching the last episode:)
Dec 26, 2018 2:08 AM

Apr 2015
It's finally over! It ends with a 2/10 from me. So bad adaptation. I can't believe I watched the whole f**king thing.
I don't understand how some people can give this a 5/10 ... Different taste I guess.
Dec 26, 2018 3:34 AM

Dec 2014
Well, manga that went to sh** and seemed like author had no idea what hes doing got even worse adaptation ( cg once again Pierot :D ) ... atleast Renji scene was funny at the end.... still, poor only anime watchers. In manga you atleast got proper introduction to characters, here they just appear :D
Dec 26, 2018 4:12 AM

Feb 2014
Thank god I didn't watch this on Christmas Day. This season has been pretty poor from start to finish.

Which is a shame, since there's still some characters from this show that I like and the 6 year epilogue was decently done, too. But apart from the infamous Kaneki/Touka sex scene, the show has been a big disappointment.

4/10. I'll go and read the manga and pray that this franchise gets an anime reboot someday. =)
Dec 26, 2018 5:26 AM
Sep 2018
Finally, this clusterfuck of an adaptation is over. It was worse than any shameless trash that I've seen.
Dec 26, 2018 7:51 AM

Mar 2016
Jonesy974 said:
Jesus Christ this abomination is finally over.

One thing that really bothered me the most, and I'm sure happens in the manga too albeit at a probably better pace with some explanation, is all of these fucking form changes going on that didnt happen in the original manga.

In the original Tokyo Ghoul every Kaneki form change was deliberate and happened for a reason. The white hair happened because of the ridiculous amount of physical and mental stress he suffered from torture. The centipede happened because it was his kakuja from cannibalizing other ghouls. His actual Rinkaku was always 3-4 tentacles. It never changed shape to fit the situation.

Meanwhile in :re his rinkaku became 1-2 large tentacles, a spear on his arm, could grow swords out of it, had a fluid like appearance, became a giant centipede/dragon, became angelic wings, and then became body armor/tentacles with giant blades on the end. And his hair magically changed color at the flip of a switch twice to match his personality change.

They also never explained those markings on his face. I thought it was just some cultural makeup shit for the wedding ceremony since Touka had it too and hers came off, but his is just on there and was even changing shape while he was fighting Furuta (which also affected half of it).

They waited till the end of the fight to bring in Takizawa, which was...alright, until naked Washuu showed up out of nowhere like a fucking meme.

Furuta was also a completely shit villain. Dude just wanted to create chaos and watch the world burn. What was his reasoning? He didn't really have any. He thought that life was meaningless, but that doesn't explain a single one of his actions or motives. And then they try to make us feel sympathy for him? Like..what? Dude created his own mini nazi army and systematically planned the massacre of loads of people using Kaneki because he thought life was pointless and we're supposed to feel bad because he was childhood friends with Rize?

Speaking of which, Rize was the core of the dragon roots even though the thing spawned entirely from Kaneki? What? WHAT?

The 6 years later bit was kind of hit and miss too.
Casually showed some of the former CCG employees chilling in a coffee shop. Randomly showed that Naki and Miza had like 35 fucking kids even though they were always at each others throats. They somehow conceived more children than would be possible in 6 years unless they had shitloads of twins and triplets. Hinami and Ayato are a thing now, uh ok. He looks clean cut now at least. They show Nishiki but not Kimi. They show Banjo who was essentially irrelevant, but they don't show Amon Akira or Takizawa. No mention of what happened to Uta or that other pierrot bitch from the nightclub with the big tits who also lived. Oh no mention of Kurona either, but they show that investigator who mentored Suzuya whos name i cant even fucking remember at this point waking up from his coma that was almost a decade long. Might've actually been a decade seeing as how :re was I believe a 2 year time skip after the original, plus the actual timeline of :re was over a few years, and then the 6 year time skip epilogue.

They show Shirazu's grave and mentioned his body was found and his sister was also healed. I know his corpse was abducted by Aogiri in the manga as well, if that's what happened to him in the manga as well as the anime where nothing ever comes of it except for the grave, that's a fucking waste. They hyped it up in the manga like he was going to be an experiment like Rize and Yoshimura.

And then we get to the happily married couple which also irked me. Touka was fine. She got the long anime mom ponytail thing going on thats fine. But then we get to Kaneki and his daughter. First of all, Kaneki still has those weird fucking unexplained markings on his face. Second, he still has white hair. By all sense of logic after 6 fucking years he should be back to his original color. It's only still white for the edge factor. Then we get to his daughter...who has fucking black and white hair, which literally shouldn't be a thing because biologically Kaneki doesn't have two-tone hair, and Touka's hair is blue-ish. The time his hair looked like that was when he was Haise and his hair was returning to it's normal color AS IT SHOULD after years of no stress and trauma. The only reason the daughter's hair was two-tone was to pay homage to his Haise persona and once again for edge factor. Her hair color should be Black, Blue/purple, or a mix of those two. Not black and white two tone. Minor details that tilted the shit out of me only because they were done that way to appease super avid fans who would think that shit is cool.

God I fucking pray this series get's justice and sees a good remake from a better studio like Bones. Keep the voice actors though, they deserve justice and were actually good. Somebody should take the composer from :re outback and shoot that motherfucker though. Laziest sound track composition I've ever seen. "Hey, lets either insert 30 seconds of random piano keys, dead silence, or re-use unravel and the main fight theme from the original series in every major scene, because writing new music is too much work".

If there’s anything that needs a “Brotherhood” makeover, it’s Akame Ga Kill and this entire series.
Dec 26, 2018 7:55 AM

Aug 2013
It's finally over.

The ending was quite nice.

4/10. May have to read the manga at some point.

Dec 26, 2018 8:08 AM

Sep 2018
One of the worst Manga adaptions i ever watched ended...
I had a few hopes that at least the last few episodes would be Ok like in the first half of re,and yae it was a better episode than some other because we get to see at least some of the background for Furuta but THEY CUT EVERYTHING FROM THE 6 YEARS LATER SCENE...
That there is a new Organisation formed from Ghouls and Humans called TSC,that Shikorae, who can form new Kagune by taking there RC cells,developed into a Kakuja by taking the Dragon Cells and is now the biggest enemy for the new formed TSC,and most importantly that the TSC Lab developed "Artifical Food" that can be consumed by Ghouls (and there left a howl lot of Characters after the timeskip like, Kurona,Takizawa, and most of the other side Characters that where shown you didnt got any inormation on what they did after Dragon fight)
All anime onlys go read the Manga both Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul :re its far better than the Anime but still the ending in the Manga from Re is a bit rushed too because Sui had no fun in Tokyo ghoul...
Dec 26, 2018 8:10 AM

Sep 2018
Leo said:
It's finally over.

The ending was quite nice.

4/10. May have to read the manga at some point.

Do it for your on good...
Dec 26, 2018 9:01 AM

Jul 2015
meh, Tokyo ghoul was the anime that introduced me to the world of anime, it was always my favorite, hell i still have my kaneki avatar for god sake!
loved the S1 and somewhat S2, Re however killed the series for me and this Re2 was the worst, still they say u never forget ur first love, so 7/10 :/
Dec 26, 2018 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't read the manga but it's obvious that there is so much potential for an anime adaptation. It's a shame. A remake would be great.
Dec 26, 2018 11:30 AM

Dec 2017
What a fucking mess, hated this season. (except for the poor adaptations) I think the main thing that ruined the whole show for me is the events which occured in season 2. That left me so confused. Either way, I guess it's time to read the manga.
Dec 26, 2018 1:49 PM

Feb 2014
Could've been done better if they did a longer course. Still they missed on many good buildups. End of the finale.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 26, 2018 3:16 PM
Jul 2013
I seriously don't remember this series being this awful... What the fuck happened this shit is pure garbage. Complete waste of time, I'm actually kind of upset I sat through this crap.
Dec 26, 2018 3:56 PM

Oct 2013
Oh boy, I'm glad this anime has ended.

To be honest, I recognize two types of anime that encourage people to read the manga. First group is those animes who are good for me to that point I want to read manga to know more than it was showed in the anime (i.e. Elfen Lied). Second group contains animes who have interesting concept, yet they are made poorly and/or have so many plotholes that it's almost impossible to have fun by watching them without knowing manga.

Sadly, Tokyo Ghoul :re belongs to the second group. I really enjoyed the whole serie and for sure I will read the manga, especially when many people recommend it not only because it's superior to the anime adaptation, but because it's just so good. Since I liked Tokyo Ghoul's anime, despite it's cons, I think I will have fun reading the manga.

Going back to :re's 2nd season and its finale... well, I had a fool's hope that maybe some thing will be explained further. I was wrong. The fight was average and many scenes reminded me of something I could see through the whole season: rushed action, plotholes, characters comming out of nowhere (seriously, why that Washu guy appeared out of blue and wore only glasses and pants? xD ).

As for now, as anime-only viewer, I was confused after seeing many scenes throughout the show, so I asked about some details on the forum that were known for manga readers. Thank you all for your responses and for general posts about how was skipped etc. compared to the manga. That kind of posts also encouraged me to start reading the manga, seeing how many things anime lacked of because they were skipped.

As overal score, I could give it 6/10, because I really enjoyed watching it. Although this anime is not only about fighting and definitely has more to offer, therefore that kind of score would be unfair. I could give overal score of 4/10, but in the end I decided to give it 3/10. Harsh and hard to give, because as I said before - I really enjoyed watching this show, found it entertaining despite its disadvantages etc., but if I want to be fair and give a score to the anime as a whole, then 3/10 can be treated as at least proper score.
Dec 26, 2018 6:52 PM
Jun 2017
Finally its over... hahaha...
Dec 26, 2018 11:07 PM
Oct 2017
As if they build & restore the entire city in 6 years considering they just fucking killed everyone who lived there...
Dec 27, 2018 12:09 AM
Mar 2016
I think this was just a preview. Please someone give us a Tokyo Ghoul Remake with a 4 course schedule. 4 x 12 episodes would be fantastic.

in exchange we will buy all the manga's and promote these to the entire world.

It worked for FMA !!
Dec 27, 2018 2:12 AM

Jul 2014
What a disaster this was from start to finish, blatantly obvious even to me as an anime-only viewer just how little they cared and how much they were butchering everything. And I honestly don't get why this happened as the other three seasons of this show presumably still rushed things in similar fashion to this, yet still left us with a much more coherent and enjoyable end product.

Honestly, just from the direction things have gone in the two seasons of Re as a whole, I honestly have to ask what was the point of it? Why did the story need to be continued when dozens of characters had to be brought back from the dead to make it happen, and for the series to essentially turn into a dime-a-dozen shonen? Honestly, just from what the anime gave us, Root A was a perfect ending to Kaneki's story, a culmination of his character arc from reluctant ghoul to ruthless killer before ignoring the human-ghoul boundaries to bring Hide's corpse back to the CCG, despite knowing full well he'd be sacrificing himself in the process.

I'd have much preferred to end there as from the start the show has worked much better with the smaller, interpersonal aspects than it ever has with the wider conflict surrounding the characters (which is probably one of the main reasons this season did not work for me at all).

I've enjoyed the Tokyo Ghoul anime, so for it to end like this is a massive disappointment and such a shame.

5/10
AtavisticDec 27, 2018 2:26 AM
Dec 27, 2018 4:02 AM

Jan 2015
Nice ending, a happy ending. The last episode overall was good, but the entire season was bad.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

251 by Termie_senpai »»
Yesterday, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

58 by bakakisima »»
May 16, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

97 by bakakisima »»
May 11, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2018

193 by bakakisima »»
May 11, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2018

174 by bakakisima »»
May 8, 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.