Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 15, 2018 2:52 AM

Aug 2015
What are your thoughts on massive MAL score difference for the Tokyo Ghoul anime?Personally I think deserve it's bad MAL Score because Studio Clown took one of the best manga series I have read and completely butcher it to oblivion.
Nov 15, 2018 2:57 AM
Jul 2018
Very sad but what can we do..i guess they want us reading the original Source.
Nov 16, 2018 2:48 AM
Jul 2017
When the anime is so bad, even fairy tail ranks higher than it....
RIP Tokyo Ghoul reputation. Forever broken.
Nov 16, 2018 2:30 PM

Feb 2018
it can be under 6.00 with if this season is still this bad, and i think it will
Nov 16, 2018 6:40 PM
Dec 2015
Score is still WAY higher than it deserves
Nov 16, 2018 10:26 PM

Aug 2008
lol that moment when even black clover is better than TG :D
The spider is watching
Nov 17, 2018 2:08 AM

Oct 2018
VileKurata said:
What are your thoughts on massive MAL score difference for the Tokyo Ghoul anime?Personally I think deserve it's bad MAL Score because Studio Clown took one of the best manga series I have read and completely butcher it to oblivion.
I agree cause i am also reading tokyo ghoul manga and its excellent compared to the poor quality of the anime. the creators of the anime are rushing the series and missing important parts of the manga.
Tokyo ghoul's 1st ,2nd ,3rd and 4th season were a big mistake of Pierrot!!!!!
Nov 17, 2018 4:11 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Deservedly is all I have to say.

It’s not just the adaption but the Tokyo Ghoul:re manga itself isn’t as good as its prequel(imo), so I can’t say I’m wholly surprised.
Also the manner in which Studio Pierrot just shoved these two :re sequel seasons to Studio Pierrot Plus just marked its failure from the get-go. Looking at how it’s been adapted, I think it’d have truly been better had Studio Pierrot just dropped the Tokyo Ghoul franchise instead of pushing it to their subsidiary Studio. To be frankly honest though, I didn’t expect this Season, in particular, to be this bad. I was thinking it’d probably be leaning towards the low 7 since the first :re Season lingered(and is about) around the 7.3-7.5 rating.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 17, 2018 4:16 PM

Sep 2015
haunted said:
That score is still WAY too high because 13% of the people who rated it gave it a freaking 10. This is why I consider a MAL score of 6.0-6.5 a 2/10.
Agreed. No way is this a 10. I think people are rating it a 10 based on show allegiance. I loved the first 2 seasons but re: has been a total disaster.
Nov 17, 2018 8:29 PM
Oct 2018
How’s it doing in Japan?
Nov 17, 2018 8:34 PM

Jan 2018
Yep,it's going down.I'm happy^^
Nov 18, 2018 8:52 AM

Aug 2016
Haven't read the manga, but I can see why Re 2 season is so low rating, it's legit shitty, thoes stupid skips in episodes.
Nov 18, 2018 9:10 AM

Feb 2011
everything sucks about the new season
everything kicked ass in the first

Nov 18, 2018 9:10 AM

Aug 2016
Mayo_Ryuu said:
UselessSakura said:
Haven't read the manga, but I can see why Re 2 season is so low rating, it's legit shitty, thoes stupid skips in episodes.

They adapting 120 chapters in only 12 eps, so that's why you see those skips ;)
I understand that, but re 2 season skips are just dumb.
Nov 18, 2018 9:16 AM

Oct 2017
I still think 6.47 is a lot for this season. It needs to drop even more.
Nov 18, 2018 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
Just wait for the Dragon arc. Tomorrow's episode is going to piss of so many people. Then the Dragon arc, tch. This show's going below 6 guarantee. We should just use this show to destroy Studio Pierrot's reputation so that they can't fuck up any more anime in the future.
Nov 18, 2018 5:15 PM

Oct 2017
I wonder what score it would have got without having sequel inflation then.
There are 3 entries before this accoding MAL guidelines

Nov 20, 2018 11:46 AM
Jan 2018
The score is too high in my opinion.
It should've been at least 3.00.
Nov 20, 2018 11:48 AM
Jan 2018
ABDoesThings said:
Just wait for the Dragon arc. Tomorrow's episode is going to piss of so many people. Then the Dragon arc, tch. This show's going below 6 guarantee. We should just use this show to destroy Studio Pierrot's reputation so that they can't fuck up any more anime in the future.

S=Judging from the promo art it seems like Dragon itself will be CG.....and really bad CG at that.
Nov 20, 2018 4:33 PM
Jun 2017
Well for me its still a little bit high, as i have read and heard from many anime bloggers, vloggers right there that this season is the WORST among the season of tokyo ghoul and i agree with it.. you just cant understand the flow of the story .. hahaha
Nov 20, 2018 8:31 PM

Dec 2017
It wouldn't't surprise me if it falls under 6.00
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 21, 2018 3:31 AM

Apr 2015
This comes down to my personal preference and I'm sorry if anyone are offended. I started this season with wondering "have I skipped a season?". I'm not a manga reader. In fact I don't have the time right now, but that's another story. I've watched the 7 first episodes, and I gave it a 4. I honestly want to give it a 3. The only reason I stick with this now, is because I want to know if they can give this season a decent ending. I really liked Tokyo Ghoul and √A. I think I gave both of them 7 (I use whole scale from 1 to 10). :re season 1 was OK too, gave a 7, but I want to lower the score to a 6 (because I liked the two first seasons better). This season is just a train wreck. No proper storyline. Or ... I at least can't follow the story, because too much are happening at once. Nothig makes sense. The things that do make sense are rushed. It's so forced. No proper feelings. I can't feel the anime at all. So sad, because the three first season was OK.
Nov 21, 2018 6:12 AM

Dec 2017
OwlHeart said:
This comes down to my personal preference and I'm sorry if anyone are offended. I started this season with wondering "have I skipped a season?". I'm not a manga reader. In fact I don't have the time right now, but that's another story. I've watched the 7 first episodes, and I gave it a 4. I honestly want to give it a 3. The only reason I stick with this now, is because I want to know if they can give this season a decent ending. I really liked Tokyo Ghoul and √A. I think I gave both of them 7 (I use whole scale from 1 to 10). :re season 1 was OK too, gave a 7, but I want to lower the score to a 6 (because I liked the two first seasons better). This season is just a train wreck. No proper storyline. Or ... I at least can't follow the story, because too much are happening at once. Nothig makes sense. The things that do make sense are rushed. It's so forced. No proper feelings. I can't feel the anime at all. So sad, because the three first season was OK.
It's still very generous of you giving :re 1st season a 6. You would be disappointed by this adaptation if you read the manga before.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 21, 2018 8:43 AM
Mar 2018
Did it drop so much, because they jumped to more adult characters or was it just a different tone from the previous season? Or maybe it's because the manga readers came to check it out and were not pleased...
Nov 30, 2018 8:43 PM

Dec 2017
i love one of my favorite anime ever getting butchered

Nov 30, 2018 9:13 PM

Nov 2016
TG S1 was so good that it would be hard to keep it up... If it was a Small Studio.

Pierrot Has no excuses for shitting on the TG franchise the way they are doing it. Even Boruto and Black Clover (Also from them) have been well received. I was lowkey waiting for this to happen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2018 4:09 AM

Nov 2017
I felt bad for the fans of the manga. This anime must be torture to watch.
Dec 1, 2018 7:21 AM

Aug 2016
LalatinaDarkness said:
I felt bad for the fans of the manga. This anime must be torture to watch.
It's torture to watch for anime only's as well. It must make mango people on the verge of vertical cutting.
Dec 13, 2018 6:39 AM
Dec 2018
Having read the manga of Tokyo Ghoul, it is not a surprise that the ratings of the anime version are a bit lower than expected. The creators are simply pushing the story, skipping most of the important parts in the storyline which might have been the reason all the manga readers aren't giving them good ratings.
Nonetheless, i still think that the creators have done a great job. The scenes, soundtrack are truly lovely, the environment is rhythmic too. Even i got hooked to watching it and even got myself a kaneki female cosplay for a comic con. Would highly recommend to anyone who is an anime fan.
Dec 18, 2018 2:00 PM

Jan 2016
Tokyo Ghoul is a guaranteed money maker, but it seems nobody in the executive seat understands this. Or they understand it so well that they've been infighting to a point where they butchered the series.

Either way the voice-acting is subpar and doesn't get the right edge, drama or emotion or even humor across.
The animation is too simple and stale.
The fight-scenes are always well thought out in the manga, but instead of following it or making it better animation-wise, they seem to use mediocre stopmotion which doesn't properly convey the gravity & meaning behind certain fights.
And the biggest problem is the constant cutting to new scenes, fast forward, flashbacks in a way that makes even manga readers' head spin in confusion. It needs enough time to shine, which it simply doesn't get.

There's most definitily solo animators out there that could make a 20 minute episode following the manga that would come out far better than a team that only realizes Tokyo Ghoul's importance and worth on a superficial level.
~~People who mostly ignore your existence... They are in no position to assess you.~~
Dec 19, 2018 3:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, it’s really going down by each passing week!
If this keeps up, I won’t be surprised if the show’s rating decreases linearly all the way down to 6.0 or so by the next few weeks.

Dec 21, 2018 8:01 AM

Mar 2018
I think if they took the time to flesh things out, preferably give us a couple more seasons to do so. This show could have been outstanding, but because they decided to rush it and skip over everything it turned out very disappointing. I still enjoy watching it because im a huge fan of the manga, but I wish it could have been so much more.
Just a weeb with a dream
Jul 27, 2020 7:07 PM
Jun 2020
This is one of those situations when reading the manga is really a must.
Jul 27, 2020 7:18 PM
Aug 9, 2020 8:53 AM

Aug 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
Damn, it’s really going down by each passing week!
If this keeps up, I won’t be surprised if the show’s rating decreases linearly all the way down to 6.0 or so by the next few weeks.

After nearly 2 years, its still not below 6.0 lmao
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 9, 2020 8:59 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Nurguburu said:
After nearly 2 years, its still not below 6.0 lmao

Apparently so. I figured most people binge-ing this season after the airing would not find it to their liking but it turned out to be otherwise. Good for the fans of the franchise nonetheless.

Oct 28, 2023 3:51 PM
Oct 2023
Why everyone is giving rating based on manga ? Some of the trash isekai's are above it it's better than those isekai's Everyone would agree.
Nov 14, 2023 10:13 PM
Jul 2022
Re is nothing just an disappointment
I really liked both 1st and 2nd season but re: is just so disappointing i mean just watch and .....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

251 by Termie_senpai »»
Yesterday, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

202 by bakakisima »»
May 17, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

58 by bakakisima »»
May 16, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

97 by bakakisima »»
May 11, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2018

193 by bakakisima »»
May 11, 12:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.