Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 23, 2016 2:34 PM

Dec 2016
Now why am I not surprised that Mitsuhide is on the blacks kings side.

Anyway very much looking forward to season 2.
Dec 23, 2016 2:37 PM

Jan 2016
A very good finale, one of the better animes this season and i would give it an 8 if it wasn't for a few boring episodes, a strong 7/10
Dec 23, 2016 2:54 PM

Apr 2013
It was entertaining for most of its run and even proved to be quite enjoyable in a few instances, but I can't really say I'm gonna remember the show that fondly. I'll probably tune in for the second season as well, though.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Dec 23, 2016 3:35 PM

Sep 2010
This anime posses a lot of hype, epicness and badassness. Especially badassness. Characters are great and the old feel sure brings us back to the times when anime were the best.
With the season being so !MEH!, maybe this is even AOTS, to me at least it is. No censorship is a gigantic plus as well. This is how animes like berserk and kingdom should be done.

Still, one can't hide this anime issues. Main issue is definitely the humour. There were many times while I laughed on the jokes and situations but very often the jokes were hard to understand or simply not funny. Most importantly though, comedy was used as a brutal interrupt to seriousness. Very often killing the climax of the scene. Adding to it the fact that there is no real ending like nowadays it is often the case in nowadays anime, the final score is great but far from perfect.
Dec 23, 2016 4:52 PM

May 2015
Hmm, decent finale.

I thought it was a pretty decent show with some good action. Although, the comedy was a hit or miss (more like a miss most of the time). Seems like a second season was announced as well. I'd definitely watch it. 8/10.

Dec 23, 2016 6:09 PM

Apr 2012
For probably the majority of people that didn't get the significance of Hijikata's smile at the end after Toyohisa called him a samurai:

Hijikata was born to a family of peasants, and worked his way up to become the infamous "The Merciless Vice Commander of Shinsengumi". It was his dream to become acknowledged as a true samurai (which is a position by birth that peasants aren't supposed to be able to obtain under normal circumstances), during the last days of the samurai.

Thus, despite all the enmity against the Shimazu clan due to wars he fought 200 years after Toyohisa's lifetime, he also gained respect and appreciation toward Toyohisa by the end of their fight.
Dec 23, 2016 6:29 PM

Jan 2008
For a second I thought Hijikata was gonna use gatotsu.

Anyways, glad to see a second season was at least announced at the end. It was an alright series overall, for me, nothing particularly special, just needed something to fill the action genre for the season.

Hope to see less historical Japanese people in season 2 and more of other nations.
Dec 23, 2016 6:35 PM

Jun 2012
Wait.. so is there one more episode?
Dec 23, 2016 7:12 PM

Jun 2013
The badassery. Toyohisa was only buying time with Hijikata (whenever I hear this name, the Hijikata from Gintama comes to mind lol). Loved how he stood there like a badass with the dwarf firing from behind him. The fight had tiny scenes which looked awesome, but overall the animation was nothing stellar. They did manage to capture the coolness of the sequence I'll give them that, but it didn't exactly feel that good.

Nobunaga's plans were going to perfectly that he felt something was off. Turned out the enemy was trying to capture the Orte white house. But Nobunaga burned them all. And now Mitsuhide will be joining the war. The adaptation to the situation was probably his doing too. Now Nobunaga can get his revenge. Liked how the old man gave a great suggestion while acting like a retard. Get this guy his man ASAP. I can't take this guy's retardedness anymore.

Drifters was freakin amazing when it went full badass — Hirano-sensei excels at badassery. But the show was cringe worthy when it tried its hand at comedy — Hirano-sensei really sucks at comedy. These exact same issues were present in Hellsing too. They should really cut down on the comedy. It ruins a lot of things at times. Now to wait for 20XX, whenever the hell that is. At least we know that it'll be out before the 22nd century lol. And what's this episode 13?
Dec 23, 2016 7:29 PM

Sep 2016
the creators of hellsing have done a great job on making this series looking forward to season 2 with many conflicts and questions left unresolved 7/10
Facta Non Verba
Dec 24, 2016 12:18 AM

Nov 2011
Defeating countless dumb weaklings in repeat in Drifters once again. That's the worse Hijikata incarnation I've seen. They overreact over every single strategy related things like maybe you know? 1+1 was awesome when you're not yet taught then you realize there is nothing special about it. lol like Drifters strategy.
Another generic shounen shit. I'm very easy to impress when it comes to action series. Give me an episode with a good fight then I'll consider that show worth watching. But Drifter fights are plain boring generic shounen fights. Shit.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 24, 2016 2:12 AM

Oct 2015
Season 2 hype :) let go and damn Toyo actually lost. Akechi is here too finally
Dec 24, 2016 3:20 AM

Jun 2013
Toyohisa versus Hijikata...Finally! XD Round 1 start!

Love the Stradegy Games both Sides are playing..well Orte Capital is suffering because of it...but it is the War for you. .....LOL!!! Toyo is really pissing Hijikata off huh! XD Warrior versus Soldier.

TOYO IS BEST!!!! XD
JarjaxleDec 24, 2016 3:51 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 24, 2016 3:38 AM

Dec 2013
This was such a forgettable anime. The story had potential and it still feels like it has potential but we didn't get enough episodes for that potential to actually get fulfilled at all. From what I have heard there's not going to be enough source material for a second season

Characters were mediocre and comedy was terrible.

Bloody and action was the only thing that kept me going in this series. Also some creative strategy from time to time was cool. Even if it just had them destroying worthless fodder.
Dec 24, 2016 3:44 AM

Oct 2015
Second season in 2017, please! and more Olmine's scenes ;)

9/10
Dec 24, 2016 4:14 AM

Jun 2013
damn that was fucking epic and Hijikata reminds me of Alucard and the ost was so amazing anf yes second season!!
Dec 24, 2016 5:17 AM

Dec 2008
Happy to know we have a possible season 2...

This show was rather good, all the let's bring historical figures to another world and make em fight thing lol
Dec 24, 2016 6:13 AM
Mar 2012
Rip lizard mob... his eye popped out with tons of bullet holes, oldschool gore done right.
Loved how Toyo trolled shinsengumi guy hard. That ghosty anger was awesome.
Berryman & several skits actually were funny, & strategy analogy made sense, just burn the capital lol Nobunaga.
Good/ok fights, tactics & relating to history/refs, great atmosphere, strong characters (+historical reading fun). Plot didn't go far & some awkward comedy. Overall good stuff.
Dec 24, 2016 7:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And so we get to the final episode of the series and it looks like the battles in full swing now. Toyo must relish the chance to lead a charge into battle after seeing Nobu and Yoichi lead their respective units already.

Wow look at the dwarfs go
With their massive strengths battleaxes are well suited to them.

Nobu's having so much fun predicting the enemies actions and coming up
with strategy to deal with the ever changing battle.
But still this seems to be too easy for the moment
surely Rasputin and Hijikata are more capable at strategy than this

Hmm it seems that Hijikata is also a capable tactician as well
using multiple small units would give them more of a chance to break through the drifters defense.

So that was the reason for spreading their units apart
they wanted to create fire that would make it hard for the archers to see their targets and not to mention limit the effectiveness of guns.
Toshizo Hijikata was the vice commander of the famed Shinsengumi that fought for the Tokugawa shogunate so of course he would know the advantages and disadvantages of firearms. First time i seen Nobu get shocked lol

The fight between Hijikata and Toyo should be most interesting as though they never met as they were from different times their respective descendants fought each other during the Bakumatsu period

Hijikata's ability though looks interesting
being able to summon the ghosts of your fellow members sure looks interesting
Watching Nobu try to adapt his strategies to this new situation is also interesting as the mark of a good strategist is able to adapt to the changing situations of a battlefield as it changes

Lol Hannibal may appear to be a senile old man but sometimes his insights are useful. In this case discerning the enemies movement patterns and predicting where they will be next is the key.

An interesting question that the count gave us though
instead of destroying Orte they want to conquer the state instead
its so unlike the black king who so far has been destroying things

The fight between Toyo and Hijikata sure is good
Being able to adapt to the battlefield is the mark of a true warrior
Anything else is just inflexible

But man both have great skill in the way of the sword and both are powerful swordsman. To be able to break Toyo's sword man Hijikata hits pretty hard.
Lol so that was Nobu's strategy in that he trapped the enemies forces in the capital where they were heading for and filled it with oil and surrounded it with archers with fire arrows. Any that evaded that will be met by a volley of fire from dug in rifleman. Lol the same tactics that Mitsuhide Aketchi used at Honnoji temple as well.

Wow Toyo sure has a lot of faith in Nobu and in the dwarfs as well
to think that it will turn to a hand to hand struggle in the end lol
Lol the scene where the dwarf and the spirits greeted each other
so its a final draw then eh

Glad that they managed to hold on to the capital after all
but man that was a hard fought fight

So thats the end of the first season then eh
have to say thats its been a blast and looking forward to the next season
And wow adding Mitsuhide Aketchi to the ends eh
what a surprise
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2016 7:59 AM

Jan 2016
Just wanted to point out, I just realised that a lot of opening for Drifters is actually foreshadowing for the ending. Nobunaga is seen by gunmen which shoot into the army, and the end of the opening is Toyohisa facing the Black King's army, but most prominently we see Hijikata in front of him throwing ghosts at him.
Dec 24, 2016 9:55 AM

Mar 2013
It was good finale to the average anime. I like the music used throughout the episode.

Tbh, I love when Drifters gets their ass kicked by the Ends lol

Gonna miss the awesome OP.

6/10 because of poor comedy which ruined the moments.
Dec 24, 2016 11:15 AM
Jan 2014
Not enough material for the second season. It'll be years before that will come out.

joe_g7 said:

EDIT: Did the best I could, here you go:

Well ok, here you go.

Dec 24, 2016 11:45 AM

Dec 2015
LitzSabr said:
Not enough material for the second season. It'll be years before that will come out.

joe_g7 said:

EDIT: Did the best I could, here you go:

Well ok, here you go.

You're the best xD

At least it was announced that there WILL be a season 2.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 24, 2016 2:04 PM
Mar 2016
So there is a season 2, nice.

She's much nicer, I wonder if she would have a bikini fanservice?
Dec 24, 2016 2:50 PM

Nov 2015
Azivorr said:
Oh man, I laugh when the dwarf was like "Domo" to the ghosts xD

Well great anime, really looking forward the next season!
ye I laughed too xDFD
Dec 24, 2016 2:52 PM

Nov 2015
Was that Lord Jesus at the end ? XD ( idk how to post the pic , someone help )
Ad greeting for those who gave it +8/10 because of the people here gave it 6 or 7/10 .-.
HikarieChanDec 24, 2016 2:55 PM
Dec 24, 2016 2:54 PM

Dec 2008
A 2nd season!! And Mitsuhide!!!
Dec 24, 2016 3:27 PM
May 2013
Absoloutly Amazing show, 9/10 for me
cant wait for the 2nd season .

btw.. that song at the end of the episode was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL

doeas anyone know the name of that song ?
Dec 24, 2016 7:13 PM
Nov 2016
9/10
Can't wait for the second season! Please make it quick. A totally entertaining badass anime! Toyo may not really be the "king-type" but he's the one that could keep you going through the battle. Perfectly paired with the demon king Nobunaga. Yoichi providing good support is a plus. With other drifters aiding them, I hope they beat out the Ends. Hoping for more epic fights .
Green0529Dec 24, 2016 7:16 PM
Dec 24, 2016 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
Comedy was never this authors strong suit but I still enjoyed the show it's just fun.

8/10

Second season will watch.
Dec 24, 2016 8:54 PM

Oct 2011
Season 2 Omfg yes!!3!
Dec 25, 2016 4:36 AM
Jul 2014
This was great! :D
Dec 25, 2016 12:28 PM

May 2015
which chapter is the last episode of anime in the manga?
Dec 25, 2016 2:06 PM

Mar 2010
Ah to many drifters and not to mention the black king is way more powerful. This could have ended worse.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 25, 2016 10:36 PM

Mar 2014
This was a complete waste of time. Should've chosen one of the other seasonal weeklies.

Thank goodness for 3x speed playback.

4/10
Dec 25, 2016 10:41 PM

Sep 2015
Really liked the setting and concept. Animation Style was unique and well done. I loved the show I would give it a 9/10. Season 2 don't take 3 years please.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Dec 26, 2016 12:29 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Beautiful last episode of this first season!!!

Yato do a nice fight, but Nobunaga and his strategy, bloody strategy, was the best!!!! Macabre!!!

In the last minutes we can watch another characters for the second season, and appears Mistuhigue, another "ends"....Bufffff i want to begin the secon season ; _ ;

9/10.
Dec 26, 2016 3:04 PM

Jan 2016
7/10 would've been a lot better without the shitty comedy
Dec 26, 2016 4:34 PM

May 2016
They have announced seconds season and i still dont know what is going in story :/
Dec 26, 2016 5:26 PM

Nov 2014
I will gladly wait for the second season, 7/10.
Dec 26, 2016 5:28 PM
Dec 2011
I expected a much better anime, since it is from the same author of Hellsing and all.
7/10
Will watch S2 but I don't really care about the plot.
Dec 27, 2016 5:25 PM

Jan 2011
7/10 that piss poor comedy really dragged this show down to point i held off on watching,but the whole bringing historic figures together was the most entertaining part
Dec 27, 2016 11:12 PM

Jan 2016
WOW thats a final, loved the intense battle.
So many frightening these leaders are, and the ending was quite interesting, as we also got the season 2 announced while were at it!
but also the the battle was incredible and actually took my time started reading the manga as well now. and i gotta tell ya its beyond epic and badass!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Dec 28, 2016 10:14 AM

Mar 2009
Best anime this season, the battles was right up my alley. 9/10. Worth to do a maraton and consider 10/10 possibility.

Although I did get slighly fed up by the humour, so I think 10/10 will be a hard stretch.
Dec 29, 2016 4:14 PM
Jan 2016
does anyone know ending theme name?
Dec 29, 2016 5:14 PM

Oct 2008
ToMaS-The-CroW said:

Chapter 45, out of currently around 63, thats why i really hope they let a few years pass before Season 2

HatakeKakashe said:

"Rurou no Zakuro" by Yasushi Ishii
Dec 29, 2016 10:28 PM
Jan 2016
Lymus said:
ToMaS-The-CroW said:

Chapter 45, out of currently around 63, thats why i really hope they let a few years pass before Season 2

HatakeKakashe said:

"Rurou no Zakuro" by Yasushi Ishii

thank u so much
i almost gave up
Dec 29, 2016 11:50 PM

Dec 2015
The amazing art and animation is the only thing saving this show from being painfully below average.

5/10 - now go clean yourself up Drifters, you disgust me.
Dec 30, 2016 7:32 AM

Apr 2014
That's an amazing finale! I'm gonna miss this show! (Well, I'm reading the manga so I don't care that much.)
And Hell Yes! Season 2 was confirmed! But It's pretty sure it's gonna take a long time! Maybe in 2 years or more?
Anyway since I'm contented with the adaptation I'm gonna rate this anime an 8 out of 10 score over all.
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 30, 2016 2:41 PM

May 2015
not before 2020 :/
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Drifters Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

205 by nick_el_son »»
Jan 19, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

119 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 16, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

81 by fathandz »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

92 by fathandz »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.