Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2016 5:51 PM

Jun 2012
People you're forgetting that the New World Program was created by the Future Foundation. Alter Ego created AI Chiaki and Chisa could have provided all the information necessary about her, or they could have just researched it. The NWP wasn't created primarily to cure the remnant of despairs, but since Naegi and his friends decided to do that, they had to provide the program some information about the class (like the profiles you find in the game for exemple). Chiaki's inclusion probably wasn't Izuro's idea.
Sep 22, 2016 6:00 PM

Dec 2007
Pretty much amazing, lived up to my expectations which were pretty fkng high.

As a prequel it set up the main series perfectly, while explaining things we wanted to know, and even some things we didn't even know we wanted to know. I admit that when It began I was hoping it would expand on the DR2 cast mostly, but it ended up covering the whole DR universe.

gk2012 said:
Not really sure why a lot of people are disappointed with the ending. Did you guys expect a totally different ending that wouldn't lead to Danganronpa 1 and 2? lol
The point of Zetsubou-hen is to explain what happened in the past and the new stuff that's going on in Mirai, not how it ends.

Only disappointment for me is they somehow didn't animate Zero, i was really hoping for that when the 2 characters made a cameo.

Some people are never satisfied man. That ending is exactly what everyone should have expected.

Mass suicide, 78th class prepping, 77th class despairing, Izuru's motives, the world ending, and even Neo World. Unless they throw some secret surprise at us there is nothing else to cover.

You can't expect an "ending", because there is no conclusion in a prequel. Especially one with the same characters, a super open plot, and only a few years apart. The events are just beginning, I feel not meany people understand that or just don't want to.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2016 6:01 PM

May 2016
BillyMK said:
People you're forgetting that the New World Program was created by the Future Foundation. Alter Ego created AI Chiaki and Chisa could have provided all the information necessary about her, or they could have just researched it. The NWP wasn't created primarily to cure the remnant of despairs, but since Naegi and his friends decided to do that, they had to provide the program some information about the class (like the profiles you find in the game for exemple). Chiaki's inclusion probably wasn't Izuro's idea.

Well, if it wasn't Izuru that programed AI Chiaki, than he knew she would be there, since this episode implies that he already had most of it planned out, and the very last scene can be interpreted as having AI Chiaki there being planned too...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Sep 22, 2016 6:13 PM

Jan 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:
"If some wimp like him could ruin my plan, that would be pretty despairful in its own way", lol Junko jinxed herself XD

y but she likes despair
Sep 22, 2016 6:17 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
juicykitten95 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
"If some wimp like him could ruin my plan, that would be pretty despairful in its own way", lol Junko jinxed herself XD

y but she likes despair
True, she did enjoy her execution :D
Sep 22, 2016 6:27 PM

Mar 2013
Naegi and his ultimate luck tho
Sep 22, 2016 6:27 PM

Aug 2014
Oh Funimation you Remnants of Despair you.. Seriously, I HOPE they didn't delayed these episodes on purpose..

Maybe I expected things too much, but I think the ending for this arc is pretty bland.. It didn't give much impact as I HOPEd..
Oh well! At least they show Chiaki again! Tho I wish they can show more things happened in DR2.
I wonder what will they show in the HOPE side..?

SleepyPumpkin said:

Maybe Izuru did it? Since he's the one who uploaded the Junko virus to the program... Maybe Usami was the only program who Chihiro created back then and Izuru altered the program and added Chiaki to create an opponent for Monokuma (Junko).

Hmmm now that I think about it, it actually make sense that Izuru is the one who created AI Chiaki. Izuru did say he wanted to confirm which side is more unpredictable: Hope or Despair, and added her to reach that purpose.
Also, they never show that Chihiro and Chiaki know each other at all, let alone other Future Foundation members. So Izuru is the only one that know about Chiaki in the first place and added her AI version in the Neo World Program..
Then again, I could be wrong now that I think about Chiaki's relationship with Usami, which created by FF/Chihiro(?)-- No wait.

Now that I think again, probably Future Foundation is the one created Chiaki's AI based on her school profile alone, and added her into the program since she was listed as one of the Remnant of Despair's classmate back in their school life (Perfect fit to act as Spy in the Program, amirite?).
Which also explained why AI Chiaki have different personality compared to the original, they didn't know anything else about Chiaki outside of things listed in her Student profile.

I'm sure all of this stuff regarding on the Program and Chiaki being there is predicted by Izuru as well, so everything happened in the game/so far goes exactly as he planned. I might be wrong since we don't know how far Izuru can predict..
Sep 22, 2016 6:38 PM

Dec 2015
How does dr0 fit in?

Also... I FUCKING CALLED IT! IZURU NEVER FULLY FELL INTO DESPAIR!
Sep 22, 2016 6:43 PM

Aug 2011
BillyMK said:

Wrong... well, kind of.

The NWP was created by the Future Foundation, sure, but it was built thanks to the investigations of people such as Chihiro, Matsuda and Miaya. So they must have done something related to the program before the tragedy.
Chiaki was created by Chihiro, there's no denying on that, but she was later modified by Alter Ego.

You are all guys arguing that the creation of Chiaki AI is not a plothole because we already know who created her, but you guys are missing the point, the question is not who created her, but WHY.
You guys are trying to convince yourselves that Chiaki knew Chihiro during school so that's why he decided to create her, but we don't know that for sure, nobody does, it's your mere speculation, and when we have to figure out a big, important detail of the plot by our speculations and theories (not counting stuff like open endings), that, ladies and gentleman, is called a plothole, no matter how you try to deny it.
And besides, why create Chiaki AI? Who suggested that? Why? What was the objective of that? Why Chiaki and not somebody else?
One thing I'm sure of is that Izuru had something to do with it, by the way he talks to Junko about wanting to know which is more unpredictable between hope and despair. It's almost as if he knows he's going to be put in the NWP, and that Chiaki is there.

Look guys, I loved this series until Episode 10, I'm not going to lie to you, I thought it had the potential to be a masterpiece, I even defended it from the complaints of many fans about things such as the brainwashing or the Student's Council Killing game, but this episode was Kodaka going full retard. He clearly didn't know how to end the series properly, and he clearly rushed the hell out of this episode.
Let's hope Mirai-hen has a much better ending... please, Kodaka, just for once, make a proper ending.
Sep 22, 2016 6:45 PM
Nov 2013
Wait. This is the last episode of zetsubou-hen? Hmm... not sure how I feel about this episode... Kinda disappointed I guess :/. Still excited for mirai-hen final episode and kibou-hen though.
Sep 22, 2016 7:01 PM

Dec 2013
Tbh I had pretty low expectations going into this. I wa expecting some major BS and while the brain washing stuff was still BS to an extent it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

Overall a pretty decent conclusion. Seeing AI Chiaki made me happy. Although it does make it seem like Izuru was the person who created her.
Sep 22, 2016 7:01 PM

Feb 2013
YugureShadowmore said:
How does dr0 fit in?

It happens between EP 10 and 11
Sep 22, 2016 7:03 PM

Aug 2015
So that was the last episode? It honestly felt a bit lacking, although it did help connect the events of DR1 and DR2 a bit. I'm sure the Hope Arc will make it feel more complete.
Sep 22, 2016 7:22 PM

May 2016
Okay, so this is the final episode after all. Well, as I stated before of when I planned on rating this and the Future side, it's likely be a 7, and I tend to still rate this as such, even though this did feel a somewhat lacking, because I enjoyed the anime overall.

It's sad to remember the face of Kizakura along with how he promised to protect Kirigiri, whose death really saddened me (and even more so when Kirigiri died as well, and also quite sad to see Yukizome as a despair remnant and has left the memorial photos of her relationship with her classmates in flames. Very sad, to me. It's also kind of sad to see Juzo regret what he had done before, but even I do fee his pain, I really can't feel that sad for him since, yeah, that was your great chance to put a stop to Junko, and he stated in Future that he knew full well on how evil and twisted Junko is. I was actually expecting to see some kind of flashback as to why keeping such the secret meant even more than his devotion and love towards Kyousuke at the time, but unfortunately that never came.

I was hoping to finally see Bandai and Great Gozu, but they unfotunately never came at all. And after seeing the last bit of conversation between Jin, Kizakura, and Tengan, I am doubting even more that Tengan is the mastermind like Future and Kyousuke himself is portraying him as.I'll be honest and say that even though Junko is obviously a huge bitch and Mukuro isn't really better than her (albeit she's bad in her own ways), I found them both a lot of fun as antagonists, just like how I did in the novels I read and in Danganronpa 1 regarding Junko herself. So Izuru was the one that suggested memory wiping regarding himself and his own classmates. I wish I could have seen how AI Chiaki was created along with how Chihiro knew who she was, which are both what I was expecting.
Sep 22, 2016 7:30 PM

Aug 2010
This part though lol

Sep 22, 2016 7:37 PM

May 2016
KamuiGavin said:
BillyMK said:

Wrong... well, kind of.

The NWP was created by the Future Foundation, sure, but it was built thanks to the investigations of people such as Chihiro, Matsuda and Miaya. So they must have done something related to the program before the tragedy.
Chiaki was created by Chihiro, there's no denying on that, but she was later modified by Alter Ego.

You are all guys arguing that the creation of Chiaki AI is not a plothole because we already know who created her, but you guys are missing the point, the question is not who created her, but WHY.
You guys are trying to convince yourselves that Chiaki knew Chihiro during school so that's why he decided to create her, but we don't know that for sure, nobody does, it's your mere speculation, and when we have to figure out a big, important detail of the plot by our speculations and theories (not counting stuff like open endings), that, ladies and gentleman, is called a plothole, no matter how you try to deny it.
And besides, why create Chiaki AI? Who suggested that? Why? What was the objective of that? Why Chiaki and not somebody else?
One thing I'm sure of is that Izuru had something to do with it, by the way he talks to Junko about wanting to know which is more unpredictable between hope and despair. It's almost as if he knows he's going to be put in the NWP, and that Chiaki is there.

Look guys, I loved this series until Episode 10, I'm not going to lie to you, I thought it had the potential to be a masterpiece, I even defended it from the complaints of many fans about things such as the brainwashing or the Student's Council Killing game, but this episode was Kodaka going full retard. He clearly didn't know how to end the series properly, and he clearly rushed the hell out of this episode.
Let's hope Mirai-hen has a much better ending... please, Kodaka, just for once, make a proper ending.

"Chiaki was created by Chihiro, there's no denying on that"

Where is this confirmed exactly???

That's why I've been telling that it was not Chihiro who created Chiaki AI, it is strongly implied that it was Izuru...And being implied is way more convincing than just peoples especulations no? Something being strongly implied means that it is pratically true and only lacks conclusive evidence to prove it...If Izuru created Chiaki, the other questions are answered too...He created AI Chiaki (or more especifically, he made Alter Ego contruct it) as part of his plan to test Hope and Despair, he put her there to act as the hope counterpart to Junko and her despair, he chose specifically cuz he knew they had some sort of strong connection with each other (since her death made him cry and he even hold out to her accessory thingy)...So there you go, there's both a explanation and a reason for AI Chiaki being there, and it makes more sense with what happens in the game too (Like when she go against her own rules, and when she reappeared in the finale to support Hajime)...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Sep 22, 2016 7:40 PM

Dec 2007
KamuiGavin said:

Who suggested that? Why? What was the objective of that? Why Chiaki and not somebody else?

... it's your mere speculation...

Who: Izuru.
Why: He said in this episode "which will be harder to predict. If her wishes overcome your plot and are able to save them." While is is holding her hairpin. Obviously he wanted to see if Chiaki can prevent what happens in DR2, which he predicted using his super high school analysis.
What was the objective: I just said.
Why Chiaki and not somebody else: Because Izuru is fascinated by her, clearly indicated by his obsession with her pin.

Its YOUR speculation that Izuru DIDNT have a part in Chiaki's creation. There were plenty of hints to show that Izuru will have a part in Chiaki's creation. There is also literally no mention of the circumstances of her creation, so "there's no denying on that" is you speculating. Even if they dont mention it in Future-Arc there is a thing called subtlety.

Let me explain it ANOTHER way that makes it not a "plot hole":
Remember that Chihiro is trapped in the school for a year before DR1, that means that she cant create the avatars for the 77th class.

So there's 3 possibilities
1) Alter Ego created her with Izuru's help.
2) Izuru created her alone because he is the ultimate everything. Which is also consistent with Chiaki talking about her "father" in DR 2.
3) Alter Ego created her with data on living Chiaki that is not hard to imagine existing because this is fkng Danganronpa. Junko made an AI of herself out of fkng nowhere, this is WAY less far-fetched than what actually happens in DR2.

KamuiGavin said:
Chiaki was created by Chihiro

Oh so by your logic there is ANOTHER possibility!
4) Chiaki created avatars for everyone at hopes peak, which is consistent with the fact that Hyoko is in her physical state of the 1st year, when they could have just made her the adult second year before they despair. And Chiaki is the fkng ultimate programmer, its something she can do easily by DR standard. She made a super AI in a couple of days.

You clearly say how you are disappointing, but this is literally you trying to find "plot-holes" and creating them where they dont exist. Which is a super common thing that people do.

KamuiGavin said:
and when we have to figure out a big, important detail of the plot by our speculations and theories (not counting stuff like open endings), that, ladies and gentleman, is called a plothole

No.... A plot hole is when parts of the story are contradicted with other parts of the story, it must be inconsistent with the story. The fact that we have absolutely no knowledge about how AI Chiaki was made, and there are plenty of explanations, means its open to interpretation. You can't contradict what you literally have no knowledge of.

Plot Hole: X is a resident of country 1. Y is a resident of country 2. There is no possible communication between the two of them and neither of them have ever left their country. X and Y meet and they say they have met before.
NOT Plot Hole: X's residency is unknown and his whereabouts at any given time are unknown. Y is a resident of country 2 with no possible communication outside the country. X and Y meet and they say they have met before.

See the difference? One of these clearly is inconsistent, the other one cannot be called inconsistent because there isn't enough information.

I swear, this is people yelling "PLOT-HOLE" when Nagito met Izuro all over again. Not only is there time for them to explain it, there are tons of explanations for it. I swear, 'plot-hole" is just the go to word when someone doesnt understand something or refuses to think for themselves.
KetuekigamiSep 22, 2016 9:04 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2016 7:41 PM

Dec 2015
Pride- said:
YugureShadowmore said:
How does dr0 fit in?

It happens between EP 10 and 11

Thanks. That makes sence.
Sep 22, 2016 7:54 PM

Sep 2011
So we don't get clues or something for Future arc or at least from Mitarai.

Then again, the rivalry between Junko and Naegi is so strong despite it's just few minutes long. Let's see what is this Hope arc, or it seems it's about what happened after Danganronpa 2(I'm referring about after that shutdown).

The ending is so despair.

Sep 22, 2016 8:01 PM

Dec 2007
HyperL said:

"Chiaki was created by Chihiro, there's no denying on that"

Where is this confirmed exactly???

That's why I've been telling that it was not Chihiro who created Chiaki AI, it is strongly implied that it was Izuru...And being implied is way more convincing than just peoples especulations no? Something being strongly implied means that it is pratically true and only lacks conclusive evidence to prove it...If Izuru created Chiaki, the other questions are answered too...He created AI Chiaki (or more especifically, he made Alter Ego contruct it) as part of his plan to test Hope and Despair, he put her there to act as the hope counterpart to Junko and her despair, he chose specifically cuz he knew they had some sort of strong connection with each other (since her death made him cry and he even hold out to her accessory thingy)...So there you go, there's both a explanation and a reason for AI Chiaki being there, and it makes more sense with what happens in the game too (Like when she go against her own rules, and when she reappeared in the finale to support Hajime)...

This is "Nagito met Izuru on the boat for the first time, PLOT-HOLE!!!" all over again.

Mountains out of nonexistant mole hills lol
Sep 22, 2016 8:08 PM
Aug 2011
Well I enjoyed it to an extent but it sure played out very differently than what I was expecting.
Although what i'm truly thinking is Too much Chisa shit not enough Gundam.

Still looking forward to that one special after this. Hopefully it ties up things better because this sure felt like it couuld have done with several more episodes.

That brainwashing video gets dumber everytime they show it. Oh man.

SAKURAAAAA!

That last scene why do you tease me like that? :(
standSep 22, 2016 8:13 PM
Sep 22, 2016 8:10 PM

Aug 2010
Everyone likes to talk plotholes.. The main question here is what is Naegi's Ultimate Talent could be? Ultimate Hope?
Sep 22, 2016 8:11 PM

Dec 2013
Well, that was fun. I wish they used Chisa's character more instead of killing her off so quickly for the first episode of Future arc!

I was kind of hoping that Izuru would've saved Chiaki since he's the ultimate everything and was rooting for her to be the mastermind for the Future arc.

I'm a little disappointed that they didn't show how the remnants of despair got captured. I wonder if the previous cast of Danganronpa ronpa (1 and 2) are going to be referenced in V3? I hope Junko isn't the only one referenced!
Sep 22, 2016 8:15 PM

Dec 2007
Rayster said:
Everyone likes to talk plotholes.. The main question here is what is Naegi's Ultimate Talent could be? Ultimate Hope?

DR is very self analyzing so I wouldn't be surprised if it was like the "Ultimate Main Character". Which is supported by Junko saying at the end "his luck isnt like Komaeda's", he clearly has luck when it is important to the story but not all the time like Komaeda.
Sep 22, 2016 8:17 PM

Jul 2016
HOLY SMOKES, it took me until the final episode that he was the MC from DR2!

I need to pay more attention :/

Now, I need to finish DR2 :O

Sep 22, 2016 8:27 PM

Jul 2015
So this really is the final episode of this side. Think more could have been done or shown, but eh, still decent, entertaining, and despair inducing. Junko continued to be the annoying and terrible bitch queen. I will miss her greatly, along with her just as insane sister Mukuro. They made the whole series despairfully entertaining.

So, I think this should destroy all beliefs that Chisa is the mastermind, or at least for me it pretty much did. I doubted that she was before, but this made me think that it's near guaranteed not her. I can understand people believing that she is due to the very first episode of this arc, but I don't really think that was suppose to hint her about anything being the mastermind, and is just a little breaking the 4th wall moment.

In any case. Felt quite bad for her and Kyousuke. Especially Kyousuke, who I definitely don't dislike him as I did from the beginning of the Future arc anymore (then again, I stopped disliking him as much as before when he returned to his senses). Juzo, I really do feel his pain and how much it means to hide something like his love for Kyousuke is, but lol. I'm sorry. Couldn't he at least tell him secretly that Junko was the culprit? Well, I suppose not since she probably would have found out and had done something about it, but still. He totally should have told him. Junko is ridiculously nuts and sort of OP (lol), and apparently he even knew that himself, so yeah... I know he very obviously regretting such a decision in here and in the Future arc, along with him getting stabbed for lying and making Kyousuke thinking that he's part of the Despairs, feeling betrayed by the one he loved so much, while bleeding to death while having such thoughts, but it was just so, so obvious to just tell him about Junko. The whole scenario was obviously that important to Kyousuke (which he made very clear to Juzo himself) and practically... anyone else investigating about it that has some common sense. I really did facepalm at that. I actually didn't want to believe it before despite him claiming that he would and that Future showed that he did, but it was actually true as to what he did. That actually pissed me off. lol

Anyways, I wish I could rate this a 6.5, but I rated this a 7 all in all.
Sep 22, 2016 8:40 PM
Jul 2011
Junko is cancer. I need to go watch her get murdered again for the lols.
Sep 22, 2016 9:00 PM

Jan 2016
I'm super happy with the way this arc turned out! It was everything I had hoped for. <3
Sep 22, 2016 9:04 PM
Dec 2015
As of this now, i dont really know what to say, I love the Danganrompa series and played games 1 and 2, as well as the Despair girls series but i think the majority of my rating is the fact that it is danganrompa. Mabye it is hype that is still driving me to think i liked it but as of now, i have nothing to compare to until i purchase the games
Sep 22, 2016 9:22 PM
Dec 2010
Paul said:
Oh man that Danganronpa 2 scene. Though I don't remember Chiaki sounding that obvious.

I was hoping they would get more into how the class went about creating despair but I guess it would be just pure violent fanservice.

She definitely wasn't. HanaKana changed her delivery a bit from what it was in the game. Maybe they were just trying to make the point that this isn't the same Chiaki we saw throughout this anime (because living Chiaki never once sounded that robotic in Zetsubou-hen).
Sep 22, 2016 9:23 PM

Apr 2014
What started off promising turned into an utter mess. Awesome. Great. Retcon everything that made Super Danganronpa 2 one of the best stories in gaming into utter pandering waifu-worshipping nonsense.

I now hate Junko, who was one of the best villains in ever.

I now hate Chiaki, who was freaking amazing in DR2 and is now the center of the goddamn universe, our angel who will save us all. Since none of the other characters HAD ANY AGENCY OR POINT OTHER THAN TO WORSHIP HER EVERY MOVEMENT, TO GASP!! AS HER HOLY EYES LAY UPON THEM.

And I hate whoever is responsible for writing this sham of an anime in which plot threads are dangling all over the place and are never resolved for the sake of the most badly written characters I've been forced to endure in yeeears. Izuru? The most nothing guy who ever nothing'd for no reason than??? IDK??? Who wanted people WHO NEVER MET HIM to FORGET HIM for???? IDK?????????

Great. Awesome. The B E S T.

Please, please, PLEASE may it not be Kodaka because I had such faith. SUCH FAITH. I want to think the few moments Komaeda was in the show and wasn't this random plot device was his doing so I can keep having faith.

I'm tempted to give this show 1/10, but will hold back for the sake of the four to five good episodes that gave me hope.

4/10

For the first time in ever I legitimately hate an anime. I hate this show. I hate this show with all my heart.
Sep 22, 2016 9:27 PM

Sep 2013
This was great.

Farewell 77th class. I hope they wake up...
We still have hope-side, right?
Sep 22, 2016 9:29 PM
Aug 2016
Nice ep....can't wait for the hope side
Sep 22, 2016 9:51 PM

Jul 2013
The climax of this arc was really last episode, so this feels more like an epilogue. The highlights of this story to me are:

-Junko's entrance
-The student council killing game
-Chisa's brainwash
-Chiaki's execution

I'd give it an 8/10 just for adding depth to the already established story.
Sep 22, 2016 10:04 PM
Oct 2014
Cool, I guess. I like how the first few episodes start out as a SOL show, but then things get darker and darker. Though I would like more of class 77, this is alright for me, as the majority of characterization is in Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair.

The killings are generally well-handled. They are bloody, violent, and surprisingly realistic compared to the video games, as well as horror murder porn anime like Another or Future Diary. Chiaki's death was quite depressing. It's rare to see the creators having the balls to kill off the main characters towards the end. So kudos to that.

The open ending is quite interesting. We get to see glimpses of the Ultimate Despair doing their work, but for the most part, it is up to your imagination as to what nefarious plots they are using their special talent for.

A lot of people are comparing this to Star Wars the prequels, and it is true. You know it's going to have a fucked up ending, and yet you are still surprised by the strong execution as well as other meaningful revelations (at least in Legends, because the prequels are completely thrown into the trash by Cannon).

Overall, this is a good take on the series and I would give it an 8/10.
Sep 22, 2016 10:11 PM

Nov 2012
nice final episode, kind of wish we'd seen more of the 77th class spreading despair and a bit of DR/0 but i guess there wasn't enough time for that.
Sep 22, 2016 10:13 PM

Nov 2013
To the poeple saying that this is the ending to the despair arc, it's not done yet.

While it's the last episode of Zetsubou-hen, Kibou is going to be the conclution to both sides. So if the next Mirai episode is going to seem like a lame ending, it's because it's not an ending.

While this story is a story of hope that ends in despair, it's also literally a story of despair that ends in hope.

But this confirms that Izuru wasn't only responsable behind the Junko AI (and thus despair) in Danganronpa 2, he was a driving force behind the hope as well. Basicly giving everyone in the class a second chance, especally Chiaki. While this anime is perfect, everything about Izuru was just amazing. I'm glad he wasn't just another victim of Junko or a despair freak.
Too much salt can ruin even the best of meals.
Sep 22, 2016 10:14 PM

Dec 2012

So the whole SDR2 is just because Izuru wanted to know which is more unpredictable
Despair or Hope

Sep 22, 2016 10:37 PM

Aug 2013
This episode definitely adds a lot to Izuru character as it seems he was the one who created AI Chiaki and possibly AI Junko as well and he used the neo program as way to test which was more interesting.

Would like to give the anime a 7.5/10 but round up to 8/10.
Sep 22, 2016 10:43 PM

Feb 2013
Fayt89 said:
This episode definitely adds a lot to Izuru character as it seems he was the one who created AI Chiaki and possibly AI Junko as well and he used the neo program as way to test which was more interesting.

AI Junko says in the game that the real Junko creates her after discovering Alter Ego.
Sep 22, 2016 10:56 PM

Aug 2013
caio_ken said:
Fayt89 said:

AI Junko says in the game that the real Junko creates her after discovering Alter Ego.

That never made much sense though considering she is not a programmer and an AI will believe whatever it's programmed to believe, at the very least she probably had Izuru make it for her which explains why he had it in the first place.
Sep 22, 2016 11:09 PM

Oct 2011
Cannot wait for the hope side. SDR2 moment ahhhh
Sep 22, 2016 11:39 PM

Sep 2008
Flawfinder said:
Loogs said:

The ending was okay, but the show itself was a disappointment. The answers to SDR2's mysteries did not live up to my expectations like at all.

Just like the Star Wars prequels!

Personally, I had fun with the show. I just wish it had kicked into gear faster (there's no real overarching conflict until Junko shows up, and the Twilight Syndrome case being used as a way to get from Point A to Point B was kinda disappointing), but whatever. I understand Despair Arc is just supposed to be an expansion pack to Future Arc and the other games, but they shoulda tried to make this more standalone.

Also, this show has the best usage of meta-humor I've seen in anime. The world is destroyed by anime and memes! That's some South Park-tier shit.

omg star wars prequels were definitely more disappointing and less enjoyable so at least i'll give this show some points for fanservice and good humor. I agree with the usage of meta-humor, that meme conversation had me doing a double take while reading the subs.

idk what to say other than im glad this is finally over. i feel like we all just need some weeks to let this all sink in and let it be.

there were things that were answered but i guess i still feel like i was ready for extra surprises. i am like not feeling any satisfaction towards knowing izuru messed everything up in SDR2 island just for his own selfish amusement and his little experiment. izuru holding nanami's hair pin though, can't believe she made that much of an impact on him. i love it.

still feeling bitter that we didn't get a real SDR2 anime. idk i just feel sad that everyone got used.
Sep 22, 2016 11:58 PM

Dec 2012
Lmao Gundam didn't even look like Despair,he was just like "I'm so proud of you,my dark classmates" *tear*
So the bitch did erase Ko's memories of his beloved Izuru, now the boat scene makes sense,thank

>I'll protect Kyouko with my life Jin
Yeah,just so she can die a few episodes later. I still can't get over that

Ughhhhh that fake,clingy bitch,stop making Juzo jealous! sigh,I feel so bad for Munakata and Juzo,they didn't deserve any of this

THAT SCENE!! THAT FRICKING SCENE AT THE END!! Ko's precious hoodie,animated!! What a bliss
Sep 23, 2016 12:19 AM
May 2015
10/10
this ep not rushed,this is not an ending of danganronpa(this is just an ending of zetsubou series
)
if you want more detail about this series,then read dr zero...
that's my opinion...
sorry for my bad english, and wathever you said about this anime,i will always givi it 10/10...
(I think the monokuma's show hynotised me...)
Sep 23, 2016 12:23 AM

Jan 2015
Memes! The world fell into despair, because memes!

Disappointed. Whole series was just disappointing.

4/10 because to make Junko plan successful, creators just give everyone else title of "Ultimate Idiot"
Sep 23, 2016 12:26 AM

Sep 2015
Overall score: 5/10 Terrible pacing, plotholes and plot twists everywhere. No one can stop Junko now. Low character interaction between class 77 students, even though it was SUPPOSED to be THEIR ANIME but JUNKO took their spotlight for the next million episodes I suppose. Muh MIND HACCS PLOT TWIST is such a boring twist, many people expected Junko would convert each and every one of them through unique and different ways but NOO it's all a BRAINWASH ANIME TWIST.
Sep 23, 2016 12:35 AM

Feb 2013
Nouruninn165 said:
Overall score: 5/10 Terrible pacing, plotholes and plot twists everywhere. No one can stop Junko now. Low character interaction between class 77 students, even though it was SUPPOSED to be THEIR ANIME but JUNKO took their spotlight for the next million episodes I suppose. Muh MIND HACCS PLOT TWIST is such a boring twist, many people expected Junko would convert each and every one of them through unique and different ways but NOO it's all a BRAINWASH ANIME TWIST.

The game told us that they were brainwashed.
What Plot holes?
Sep 23, 2016 12:50 AM

Sep 2015
Pride- said:

The game told us that they were brainwashed.
What Plot holes?

The game also told us that Izuru was part of UD which if you disagree with this part you CLEARLY didn't watch the show, and Junko in the game said that he (izuru) killed all the Student council members. This shows that Kodaka is really inconsistent and makes up plot to cover the fact that it doesn't fit in 11 episodes. Also, who the fuck is so lazy to think of a plot twist such as a brainwashing anime, how meta(low) can you go?
Sep 23, 2016 12:52 AM
Apr 2016
Fun series while keeping it in a single direction. Junko and Mukuro definitely made it entertaining, but I really loved Yukizome's and Komaeda's spotlights too. Poor Kyousuke. Juzo really is such a fool.

Overall, I give it an 8.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2016

225 by Beguni »»
May 1, 8:21 AM

» *spoilers* Why do people not like this season?

kakashis_sidehoe - Mar 26, 2023

33 by Kiryotsu »»
Jan 5, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

526 by SaltyCookie »»
Jan 4, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

242 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 7:09 AM

» Small criticism about some aspects and a specific character

Bard_Eren - May 20, 2023

11 by GreatSoldier34 »»
May 20, 2023 4:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.