Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2016 4:50 PM

Apr 2014
MonoReaper said:
Rukoudiora said:

You have to remember, it was a symbol of hope to the class that got killed along with brainwashing techniques. I'm glad it wasn't the student council's video, but this makes sense to me. Okay, I understand you aren't happy with the brainwashing thing but I personally don't see how else you'd get someone like Nekomaru or Gundham or even Akane to fall into despair. This is to me, the most logical conclusion.

It's not like Mahiru ASKED Sato to kill Fuyuhiko's sister, if you even look back at episode 3, Mahiru believed Sato that she didn't kill. I rule out Mahiru and co. out because of this.

Someone like Fuyuhiko and Peko killing someone they hate and not feeling despair is understandable even if they are high school students.

Let me ask you this. Did Leon fall into despair after he killed Sayaka? No.
Did Mondo fall into despair? No.
Did Celeste? No.
etc.

Killing someone doesn't necessarily bring despair, it depends on the person too. Someone like Fuyuhiko who is the heir to the biggest mafia clan in Japan wont fall into despair after killing someone who killed his sister.

It's not that I'm heartless, I'm just thinking based on the series, not in real life.

Sorry if I offended you in some way by the way.

You know the whole reason of a murder case in DR2 was because Mahiru at that time saw who killed Fuyuhikos sister and that`s why Peko killd her in the house near the beach.

But Mahiru didn't see her kill Fuyuhiko's sister, we can see that in episode 3.
Sep 15, 2016 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
Welp, excuse me while I read probably the entire popcorn flare convo. I felt so bored that I wanna see how this goes xD
Sep 15, 2016 4:51 PM

Jul 2014
@Monoreaper

I got it from Nicob's let's play.

Why?
"Hi!"
Sep 15, 2016 4:51 PM

Dec 2014
Pride- said:
MonoReaper said:
It sill bugs me how the went all full despair in this episode. I mean remeber this or the conversation between Nagito and Monokuma?

Again
>Believing Junko
She says in the same trial that Izuru killed the enire council

DR always had heavy brainwashing themes. Kamukura, DR1 memory wipe, DR0 first memory wipe but Junko made it back alone from her alter Ego Ryoko, Mind controle helmets from DRAnotherEpisode, DR2 again memory wipe trough the NeoWorldProgamm.

There was always brainwashing in some form and it was always explained and somewhat logical for this universe.
BUT this was never mentioned. It is not the case of Kamukuras killing game. The thing that Junko lied and used this was logical and in the fandom always suspect because Kamukura was the Übermensch so why would he participate in the first place with his power he could escape easily.

This time we have so much hints so much information about the entire cast their backround and the whole incidient itself. And all for nothing? Forgotten and never used?
This is not the level of writing/plot twist i know from Kodaka that always had a suprise a shocker a mindfuck.
This is just meh.....out of context. Expected but not logical.
It is just sad that so much build up for certan events will never happen or happened because of the evil Anime & the evil book that makes you despair.
Sep 15, 2016 4:52 PM

Apr 2014
Flawfinder said:
The execution of the brainwashing was really disappointing. I mean c'mon, the brainwashing is so strong that they just stand there? At least strap them into a chair like you did with Yukizome last week. I'm not turning against the show or anything since my interest in Danganronpa lies in the war between hope and despair combined with what happens when you push anime stereotypes/different talents to the breaking point (plus, I always found this to be the weaker of the two shows anyways since it suffers from Steins;Gate syndrome whereas Future started its plot right away), but this really should have played out better.

And why are people saying this show is rushed? It was fucking slow as shit until the halfway point. Aside from Natsumi's murder nothing happened but character interactions and setup until Junko showed up.

Rukoudiora said:
Also yeah, I agree that Juzo losing to Junko was bullshit. This guy is the ultimate boxer that won the world title in fucking high school.

Didn't she sic a gang of brainwashed students on him? There's no way he can take on that many at once.

Yeah, I posted something just before your comment realizing this. Sorry
Sep 15, 2016 4:52 PM
Oct 2014
Holy shit! So Juzo's true love is not Chisa, but Munakata. This is not the first time there has been a bromance in the series, but that can change a lot when you take into consideration what has happened so far in the Future Arc.
Sep 15, 2016 4:53 PM

Jan 2016
On a scale of 1 to 10 of things that are not okay with me, this episode was a 100! I wasn't expecting Nanami to be tortured to death! Die, yes, but tortured? Nope. Not my Nanami. But that's okay... This episode filled me with so much despair... What did I need my heart for anyway? ;(
Sep 15, 2016 4:54 PM

Dec 2014
Rukoudiora said:
MonoReaper said:

You know the whole reason of a murder case in DR2 was because Mahiru at that time saw who killed Fuyuhikos sister and that`s why Peko killd her in the house near the beach.

But Mahiru didn't see her kill Fuyuhiko's sister, we can see that in episode 3.

You should replay the murder case in DR2 with Peko as the culprit and you know why your argument is not valid.
Sep 15, 2016 4:55 PM

Dec 2014
Yehart said:
@Monoreaper

Why?

Because you said you saw it many times before as the fake Naegi line their bodys are brainwashed.
Sep 15, 2016 4:57 PM

Feb 2013
trannon1 said:

If it was just mobs characters, like the Reserve Course Students (I'm feeling so bad for calling them mobs) I wouldn't mind, but you don't treat your main characters the same way as mob characters. These characters were the "Elites" of Ultimate Despair, as was seen in the Future Arc. They fought toe-to-toe with the Future Foundation leaders, you know?

I don't get why Junko would use a different way to turn them to Despair.
She said in DR2 that she doesn't care about them and only see them as side characters.
The reason that they are "Elites" is because they have talents that are very dangerous and isn't like they are the onlys UD, Killer killer and DRT (If you consider it canon) shows that there are a lot of UD.
Sep 15, 2016 4:57 PM

Jul 2014
MonoReaper said:
Yehart said:
@Monoreaper

Why?

Because you said you saw it many times before as the fake Naegi line their bodys are brainwashed.
I said that in the past? I have a shit memory for half of the things I say in MAL.

In any case, that's not the fake Neagi. Kirigiri and Togami are also with him as well.
"Hi!"
Sep 15, 2016 5:03 PM
Apr 2011
Pride- said:
trannon1 said:

If it was just mobs characters, like the Reserve Course Students (I'm feeling so bad for calling them mobs) I wouldn't mind, but you don't treat your main characters the same way as mob characters. These characters were the "Elites" of Ultimate Despair, as was seen in the Future Arc. They fought toe-to-toe with the Future Foundation leaders, you know?

I don't get why Junko would use a different way to turn them to Despair.
She said in DR2 that she doesn't care about them and only see them as side characters.
The reason that they are "Elites" is because they have talents that are very dangerous and isn't like they are the onlys UD, Killer killer and DRT (If you consider it canon) shows that there are a lot of UD.

Ultimate Chef = Dangerous?
Ultimate Dancer = Dangerous?
Ultimate Light Music = Dangerous?

Okay, shots fired, but aside from that, it is not a matter of whether Junko would do it or not. I am annoyed at the studio for writing it this way. If you are going to make someone special, then who they are, what they become, and how. All that is important. It is important because we the audience demand it to be important. Even good ol' Subaru who shits on traditional light novel writing has a process which turns him into a true MC. And we love him for that, although we also hate him for rejecting Rem ;P
Sep 15, 2016 5:05 PM

Sep 2011
Jesus fucking christ this was just downright cruel and hard to watch.

i was kind of expecting kodaka to asspull chiaki to the ending of future arc but i guess not, maybe he really did follow through on killing kirigiri

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 2012
For all of this episode's problems (and in case people misunderstood, despite the hypnotism pushing my suspension of disbelief, I still enjoyed this week's installment), I honestly don't think bringing up what's said in the game compared to what's done in the anime is one of them. You get too wrapped up in canon, you're just going to make more problems for your story than any retcon is capable of.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck

Dec 2014
Rukoudiora said:
MonoReaper said:

You should replay the murder case in DR2 with Peko as the culprit and you know why your argument is not valid.

I understand what you mean, but that was just a game they played, it could've easily been faked and twisted, watching episode 3, it revealed Mahiru believed that Sato didn't kill Fuyuhiko's sister.

Junko never lied about the motives of a murder case in a trial or else the whole mutual killing game in the VR of the NWP would make no sense because she easily without trials could make a battle royal out of this game. Or she could just fake evidence in the cases itself to kill the wrong person and let it count. Junko always enjoyed that peoples dark secrets filled with despair would come to light and make a motive for murder and greater despair.
It`s like saying that everything is a lie because Junko could fake everything at any moment in the entire series in DR1 in DR2 in DR0.
Sep 15, 2016 5:07 PM

May 2014
ImaginBreaker said:
So one thing. I'm guessing the last two episodes will be based in the present. Probably see if they all woke up from their comas and to show what that boat scene meant and how they reached that point.

or maybe it will include some scenes while they are in despair, you know, the two despairs massacred people (Sonia and Kazuichi), a despair removed his own eye (Fuyuhiko), despairs offered their parents to Junko, despairs starved themselves and a despair having sex with Junko's dead body.
Sep 15, 2016 5:10 PM

Feb 2013
trannon1 said:

You kind of prove my point with that.
Why would Junko waste her time to turn the Ultimate chef,Photograph and dancer into Despairs? Using brainwash makes more sense.
Also, I get why you can be disapointed about it, but i'm Ok with it because it actually makes more sense and doesn't make the DR2 looks like edgy tennagers that start killing people and become a living puippet for a blonde that said that life is shit.
Sep 15, 2016 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
Flawfinder said:
For all of this episode's problems (and in case people misunderstood, despite the hypnotism pushing my suspension of disbelief, I still enjoyed this week's installment), I honestly don't think bringing up what's said in the game compared to what's done in the anime is one of them. You get too wrapped up in canon, you're just going to make more problems for your story than any retcon is capable of.

The problem is that the author did apparently said that this actually connects to the series, its pretty much the closure of the Hope's Peak Storyline. It would really be a problem if these would just be as a standalone... and in all honestly it wouldn't work that way.

I might have gotten the message wrong here so forgive me if I did.
Sep 15, 2016 5:11 PM

Apr 2014
MonoReaper said:
Rukoudiora said:

I understand what you mean, but that was just a game they played, it could've easily been faked and twisted, watching episode 3, it revealed Mahiru believed that Sato didn't kill Fuyuhiko's sister.

Junko never lied about the motives of a murder case in a trial or else the whole mutual killing game in the VR of the NWP would make no sense because she easily without trials could make a battle royal out of this game. Or she could just fake evidence in the cases itself to kill the wrong person and let it count. Junko always enjoyed that peoples dark secrets filled with despair would come to light and make a motive for murder and greater despair.
It`s like saying that everything is a lie because Junko could fake everything at any moment in the entire series in DR1 in DR2 in DR0.

I'm not saying she lied, she didn't lie. What I'm saying is, they played a game based on a real event that happened. Not every detail will be known about what happened in the twilight syndrome case. I mean Junko made the game right? Then explain how she even knew about every single detail that happened that day. I'm sure she found out via the computer from HPA or asked some higher up which she tortured and got the key from. She knew the basics, doesn't mean she knew everything from what happened that day.

It clearly shows in episode 3 that Mahiru didn't see Sato kill Fuyuhiko's sister and she believed that Sato didn't.
Sep 15, 2016 5:13 PM
Apr 2011
MonoReaper said:
Rukoudiora said:

Actually, when I think about it, she technically can. The only time she couldn't was in DR1 because the whole world was watching. She wanted to force the world into despair by showing them these kids who were representing Hope killing one another and forcing the world into despair, thus she could not properly cheat, otherwise the Future Foundation and those who fought for hope would see that she is cheating and regain hope.

In DR2 and DR0, she doesn't have these shackles, so she can actually do whatever she wants.

Although it is true that Hinata mentions how Monokuma doesn't lie about murder motives.

And it is true, in DR1, she lies exactly twice. One is about the outside world being poisoned, the other is about who killed Ikusaba. So she technically doesn't lie about murder motives?
Sep 15, 2016 5:13 PM
Jan 2012
I'm pissed because I thought it would be a nice redemption story for the second game cast. Instead they were just victims. It really cheapens the blow of the whole epic scene at the end of 2.
Sep 15, 2016 5:14 PM

Apr 2014
ImaginBreaker said:
I'm pissed because I thought it would be a nice redemption story for the second game cast. Instead they were just victims. It really cheapens the blow of the whole epic scene at the end of 2.

It was stated they were brainwashed in SDR2, which implies they were victims.
Sep 15, 2016 5:15 PM
Apr 2011
Rukoudiora said:
ImaginBreaker said:

It was stated they were brainwashed in SDR2, which implies they were victims.

Stated by Fake Naegi, aka Junko, aka Miss Liar ;P
Sep 15, 2016 5:15 PM

Apr 2014
first thought it was pretty funny that Juuzou turned out to be gay but at the same time i like that alot more than it being the same thing

but this ep man was it messed up out of all the deaths in this series Nanami seriously had it the worst out of everyone else really didnt deserve it like that just made me hate junko that much more ( even though already know how that ends up )

also annoyed how no one thought to even think it was weird that Tsumiki was able to give the other 2 directions on how to get to where they was

anyway looking forward to the next ep and seeing everything else that leads up to everything else
"one step at a time"
Sep 15, 2016 5:16 PM

Dec 2014
Pride- said:
trannon1 said:

You kind of prove my point with that.
Why would Junko waste her time to turn the Ultimate chef,Photograph and dancer into Despairs? Using brainwash makes more sense.
Also, I get why you can be disapointed about it, but i'm Ok with it because it actually makes more sense and doesn't make the DR2 looks like edgy tennagers that start killing people and become a living puippet for a blonde that said that life is shit.

WTF? The RoD were always that Junkos puppets that killed for her.
Sep 15, 2016 5:17 PM

May 2016
MonoReaper said:
KamuiGavin said:
I read some comments and can't do anything but laugh.
You guys seriously think one person can turn another into a psychotic killer just by using some lame speech about despair? Reality is not always like this, kids, go out from your bubble just for a bit.
Yeah, the brainwashing video is not really the best explanation for the class turning into despair, but it makes way more sense than Junko somehow turning them all into sick, twisted people by talking to them about despair.
Yeah, I know in SDR2 Kodaka said otherwise, but oh well, not even Shakespeare's writing was perfect.
By the way, Junko didn't just broadcast Chiaki's death. She did it using Mitarai's brainwashing techniques at the same time. Junko says it herself, that she needed more despair to turn the class into her puppets, and what can cause more despair than killing their "leader"?. If they had just watched the torture without any brainwashing, they would have just remained sad and angry.

As for the episode, no doubt is the most saddest and painful to watch episode so far, and one of the best episodes of despair. We all knew Chiaki was going to die, but I never thought it was going to be so painful to watch. And the last scene was so touching, and Izuru crying was like feeling an arrow piercing my heart. This just confirms my theory more and more, that Kamukura is not entirely a bad guy, and even now Hajime still lives through him. Man, thank you, Kodaka, for making Izuru a much deeper character.

My only complain is that Juzo suddenly being defeated was lame, and the blackmailing was even more lame. But other than that it was a solid episode.

If Kodaka manages to make the next episodes to be much better and great, Despair side would have reached the level of masterpiece.

We humans have peoples in our history records that did this exactliy.
The best example is Adolf Hitler. He was so good at talking and a charismatic leader that the people followed him. They killed for him in wars and even killed and gruesome amount of jewish people becasue he said they were pure evil and are the devils that are at fault for every evil in the world.
This is was Junko was. Twisted and outright evil leaders like that. She was exactly that. Outright evil and charismatic enough to brainwash people for her own purposes.

But in that example, Hitler still was able to convince people to kill the Jews because he told them that it was for a good reason, that it would make the world better and stuff, and the people probably didn't know much about the jews themselves so they could do it without merci...

Now here, she has to somehow make them kill people that are closer to them (People from their own country, friends, family, other loved ones) for obvious bad reasons, or in Despair case, for no reason at all, because the despair Junko hopes to acchieve is something devoid of reason a.k.a despair for the sake of more despair...
Now by brainwashing them, she was able to do the pratically impossible, make them cause despair for no reason other than to cause despair...Despair in its true, raw nature....
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Sep 15, 2016 5:21 PM
Apr 2016
Well....Shit that made me emotional. That was brutal to watch Chiaki go through that and all she wanted to do was be with everyone....just....damn. I don't know how I feel about this episode

Sep 15, 2016 5:21 PM

Jul 2016
Chiaki's death was so hard to watch. like seriously her death in both SDR2 and this ep were the best executions, but still damn,,,,

also, i STILL have hope that Chiaki's little arc isn't over yet because i still believe that maybe Izuru saved her using his ultimate powers or whatever because she's not boring as she somehow was able to crack through him as the man who was supposed to be perfect and devoid of feelings and such actually cried over her. i don't believe this is the end for Chiaki tbh (or rather, i just can't believe that. i'd rather have her be possibly revived and fall into despair than have my girl die ;~;)
Sep 15, 2016 5:22 PM
Aug 2016
yeah b
FlamingMangos said:
mat619 said:
i felt very very dissapointed with class of 77th brainwashing
they forced to watch one of their classmates get brutally killed and that's it?
yeah i know it was nasty, but come on!, that supposed to wasn't enough to turn them into despair,

at least Chisa is more make sense since her body tied up in the chair with her eyes forced open and there is Mukuro messing with her head. but they're just standing there watching Chiaki get tortured when they literally can just close their eyes and ears. the way they turned into despair just cheap and stupid

There's literally no possible way to even somehow convince someone to start being despair and kill people without having brainwashing involved. I don't get how you can manipluate someone using their sad past to all of a sudden make them like a killing puppet. It makes no fucking sense. That's literally impossible.

yeah but still. i can understand with Chisa brainwashes cause she still doing her best to resist while tied to the chair with her eyes forced open. but all of class of 77th just standing there doing nothing while watching Chisa get tortured. why didn't they do something like try to find a way out of that room or have Nidai to smash all monitor

the premise of this Zetsubo-arc is how class of 77th fall into despair but what we get is basically 15 minutes of Nanami tortured and class of 77th fall into despair just like that without trying to escape or help Nanami

honestly i think twillight murder case in episode 3 should be good oppurtunity to start turn Maihiru & Fuyuhiko (and maybe Pekoyama too) into despair. start with them Junko will make one by one of class 77th into despair with help of those despairified. but no, the death of Natsumi & Sato barely had effect to those two

i don't mind with brainwash really, but at least make it more believable. like for example had them locked in the underground prison for three days without food while their hands and legs tied up and forced to watch Nanami tortured. it will more make sense than just standing there and drolling
mat619Sep 15, 2016 5:45 PM
Sep 15, 2016 5:23 PM

Dec 2014
trannon1 said:
MonoReaper said:

Actually, when I think about it, she technically can. The only time she couldn't was in DR1 because the whole world was watching. She wanted to force the world into despair by showing them these kids who were representing Hope killing one another and forcing the world into despair, thus she could not properly cheat, otherwise the Future Foundation and those who fought for hope would see that she is cheating and regain hope.

In DR2 and DR0, she doesn't have these shackles, so she can actually do whatever she wants.

Although it is true that Hinata mentions how Monokuma doesn't lie about murder motives.

And it is true, in DR1, she lies exactly twice. One is about the outside world being poisoned, the other is about who killed Ikusaba. So she technically doesn't lie about murder motives?

The outside world is posined with the bio weapons that also was never really explained other than Towa City created air cleaners against this bio weapon.
The Mukuro is not a valid argument or else explain to me why she would just outright say in a trial she killed her sister and let Naegi and the other easy win?
In every trial the culprit lies to safe his ass and kill all the others. This is the whole concept of the DR trials. Are you actually trying to prova a point with the gameplay itself? In that lying is the obvious state of things or else the whole point about the trials would not exist and the game would be over in a secound because nobody lies in muder trials?
Sep 15, 2016 5:26 PM

Dec 2014
Rukoudiora said:
MonoReaper said:

I'm not saying she lied, she didn't lie. What I'm saying is, they played a game based on a real event that happened. Not every detail will be known about what happened in the twilight syndrome case. I mean Junko made the game right? Then explain how she even knew about every single detail that happened that day. I'm sure she found out via the computer from HPA or asked some higher up which she tortured and got the key from. She knew the basics, doesn't mean she knew everything from what happened that day.

It clearly shows in episode 3 that Mahiru didn't see Sato kill Fuyuhiko's sister and she believed that Sato didn't.

Because as the virus she had knowledge about their suppressed memorys as RoD+time in Hopes Peak and had access to every memory of them before they were put in the NeoWorldPtroamm?
Sep 15, 2016 5:29 PM

Feb 2013
MonoReaper said:
WTF? The RoD were always that Junkos puppets that killed for her.

Yeah,That's what i said.
I was talking about how becomeming a puppet for being brainwashed makes more sense that becoming a puppet because she said that life is shit.
Sep 15, 2016 5:32 PM
Apr 2011
MonoReaper said:
trannon1 said:

The outside world is posined with the bio weapons that also was never really explained other than Towa City created air cleaners against this bio weapon.
The Mukuro is not a valid argument or else explain to me why she would just outright say in a trial she killed her sister and let Naegi and the other easy win?
In every trial the culprit lies to safe his ass and kill all the others. This is the whole concept of the DR trials. Are you actually trying to prova a point with the gameplay itself? In that lying is the obvious state of things or else the whole point about the trials would not exist and the game would be over in a secound because nobody lies in muder trials?

Like I said, she lied exactly twice in DR1. And there were good reasons for lying, but she still lied, even while the whole world was watching.

What I am saying it that since she is Monokuma in DR2, she can technically distort facts to suit her needs, since she has no reason not to. The world isn't watching her in DR2, so she can have all the fun she wants. She has motive, reason, and nothing to hold her back. Whether she lies or not is not the issue, I am just saying that she has the capability to do so.
Sep 15, 2016 5:32 PM

Feb 2013
trannon1 said:

Aren't you the guy that is using the script about how Junko turn them to Despair as an argument?
That's kind hypocrite.
Sep 15, 2016 5:34 PM

Dec 2014
HyperL said:
MonoReaper said:

We humans have peoples in our history records that did this exactliy.
The best example is Adolf Hitler. He was so good at talking and a charismatic leader that the people followed him. They killed for him in wars and even killed and gruesome amount of jewish people becasue he said they were pure evil and are the devils that are at fault for every evil in the world.
This is was Junko was. Twisted and outright evil leaders like that. She was exactly that. Outright evil and charismatic enough to brainwash people for her own purposes.

But in that example, Hitler still was able to convince people to kill the Jews because he told them that it was for a good reason, that it would make the world better and stuff, and the people probably didn't know much about the jews themselves so they could do it without merci...

Now here, she has to somehow make them kill people that are closer to them (People from their own country, friends, family, other loved ones) for obvious bad reasons, or in Despair case, for no reason at all, because the despair Junko hopes to acchieve is something devoid of reason a.k.a despair for the sake of more despair...
Now by brainwashing them, she was able to do the pratically impossible, make them cause despair for no reason other than to cause despair...Despair in its true, raw nature....

Ask ISIS followers why they kill woman children etc. even their own country for the greater good of a exitence called "Allah" people for the sake of their madness and "greater good".
Good and evil are human concepts to presevere the order of our race and prevents us from killing our own species.
The heavy theme of Hope and Despair in DR are the equivalent to Good & Evil.
Evil can be Good and Good can be Evil.
White Despair and Black Hope.
Heck guys do we really need to talk about "Good" and "Evil" and Junkos "Good" And Evil "Despair" and "Hope"?!?
After all this games it should be clear. Not matter what the "Greater goood" the "greater cause is" If you press the right buttons humans will lose themselfes in fanaticism, blind beliefs and tunnel vision. They will blindly follow their leader in their madness.

Whatever the reason may be humans can do the worst and idiotic things for the the smallest and idiotic reasons.
Sep 15, 2016 5:34 PM
Apr 2011
Pride- said:
trannon1 said:

Aren't you the guy that is using the script about how Junko turn them to Despair as an argument?
That's kind hypocrite.

Nope? I am totally against brainwashing y video so why would I support brainwashing?
Sep 15, 2016 5:37 PM

Aug 2015
This whole episode episode I still had a tiny fragment of left until I saw the exit and thought, "Yep, Junko will not let Chiaki out alive." It's like we're watching the despair anime right along with them!
Sep 15, 2016 5:38 PM
Apr 2016
I can now say with confidence that Chiaki shouldn't have been in this anime.

In fact, I'm starting to think this anime shouldn't have been made.
Sep 15, 2016 5:39 PM

Feb 2013
trannon1 said:
Pride- said:

That's kind hypocrite.

Nope? I am totally against brainwashing y video so why would I support brainwashing?

I was talking about this:

trannon1 said:
MonoReaper said:
It sill bugs me how the went all full despair in this episode. I mean remeber this or the conversation between Nagito and Monokuma?

Instead of that, you get this:

A bunch of drooling idiots.
Sep 15, 2016 5:43 PM

Dec 2014
trannon1 said:
MonoReaper said:

Like I said, she lied exactly twice in DR1. And there were good reasons for lying, but she still lied, even while the whole world was watching.

What I am saying it that since she is Monokuma in DR2, she can technically distort facts to suit her needs, since she has no reason not to. The world isn't watching her in DR2, so she can have all the fun she wants. She has motive, reason, and nothing to hold her back. Whether she lies or not is not the issue, I am just saying that she has the capability to do so.

Again if so than everything about the whole DR concept would be pointless. Every motivation and reason fo entire characters would be pointless.
You say things to what if scenarios that were clearly never meant to be like that.
What she could and not could say lie or do is what if. But we know what happened
The whole thing about the world watching why would she care? The world already gone shit and she easily could turn of the view for the watchers around the world for the sake of fakeing and manipulating a murder case and nobody would know.
Sep 15, 2016 5:43 PM

Sep 2011
p3rf3c7ch405 said:
Chiaki's death was so hard to watch. like seriously her death in both SDR2 and this ep were the best executions, but still damn,,,,

also, i STILL have hope that Chiaki's little arc isn't over yet because i still believe that maybe Izuru saved her using his ultimate powers or whatever because she's not boring as she somehow was able to crack through him as the man who was supposed to be perfect and devoid of feelings and such actually cried over her. i don't believe this is the end for Chiaki tbh (or rather, i just can't believe that. i'd rather have her be possibly revived and fall into despair than have my girl die ;~;)
chiaki is dead as fuck, the flowers hinata was placing when he met naegi was definitely for chiaki

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 15, 2016 5:47 PM
Apr 2011
MonoReaper said:
trannon1 said:

Again if so than everything about the whole DR concept would be pointless. Every motivation and reason fo entire characters would be pointless.
You say things to what if scenarios that were clearly never meant to be like that.
What she could and not could say lie or do is what if. But we know what happened
The whole thing about the world watching why would she care? The world already gone shit and she easily could turn of the view for the watchers around the world for the sake of fakeing and manipulating a murder case and nobody would know.

Because in DR1, she was trying to turn the remainder of Hope into Despair. That was why she couldn't cheat. She wants to show the world that the Hope they believe in are killing one another over "stupid reasons". Cheating would prove that Despair can't win against Hope without resorting to it, therefore she couldn't do it easily.

In SDR2, she really doesn't have any motive other than having fun. That and uploading herself into their bodies.

Also, in SDR2, information is not always about a murder case. We have seen her lie when it isn't about a murder case, that is my point. Like that fact that Izuru did not murder the entire Student Council. Also, turning the views for the viewers would be outwardly saying "I am doing something sneaky and unfair, so don't watch this!".
trannon1Sep 15, 2016 5:52 PM
Sep 15, 2016 5:49 PM
Apr 2011
Pride- said:
trannon1 said:

I was talking about this:

trannon1 said:

Oh you mean't that script. I thought you were talking about the script where Fake Naegi says "Your true bodies have only been brainwashed. This is miscommunication.
Sep 15, 2016 5:51 PM

Mar 2015
Kirigiri50 said:
MightyM16 said:

Seems like this anime really managed to make people truly hate Junko

But c'mon guys, did you expected anything else ? This is the despair arc

Actually i want Junko to be alive again and someone should torture her with every single method she use to torture people I would laugh so much It make me cry with happiness seeing her death It will be enjoyable.

You would only make Junko happy with that. She gets off on despair
Sep 15, 2016 5:51 PM

May 2016
MonoReaper said:
HyperL said:

Ask ISIS followers why they kill woman children etc. even their own country for the greater good of a exitence called "Allah" people for the sake of their madness and "greater good".
Good and evil are human concepts to presevere the order of our race and prevents us from killing our own species.
The heavy theme of Hope and Despair in DR are the equivalent to Good & Evil.
Evil can be Good and Good can be Evil.
White Despair and Black Hope.
Heck guys do we really need to talk about "Good" and "Evil" and Junkos "Good" And Evil "Despair" and "Hope"?!?
After all this games it should be clear. Not matter what the "Greater goood" the "greater cause is" If you press the right buttons humans will lose themselfes in fanaticism, blind beliefs and tunnel vision. They will blindly follow their leader in their madness.

Whatever the reason may be humans can do the worst and idiotic things for the the smallest and idiotic reasons.

I understand the good vs evil concept of DR..But making people do evil because they believe they're doing good is not Despair in itself, it is just deception that can be resolved (or not) by a sympathetic speech...Much like how the villains in shonen believe what they're doing is for the greater good and the MC has to prove him wrong with a long speech...Actually that is kind of what happens with Naegi and Munakata in Mirai ep.10...Now someone who was truly taken by despair is someone who would do evil things not for a greater good, but for a greater bad, they would know that what they doing is wrong and still go for it...An example? Junko herself, she know very well that everything she is doing is disgustingly evil and thats exactly why she does it...Someone who succumbed to despair is someone who would act like her in that sense...
HyperLSep 15, 2016 6:01 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Sep 15, 2016 5:56 PM

Mar 2015
trannon1 said:

better than unredeeming edgy assholes who decided to fuck the world up because of "muh insecurities"

MonoReaper said:

You do know Monokuma(and by extension Junko) is a freaking liar, right?

trannon1 said:
MightyM16 said:

THIS

I don't get the complaints

Did people wanted the DR2 cast to be murderous assholes because "muh sad past"?

Because it doesn't really make sense? I mean if I saw my friend being tortured then killed, I would want revenge. Aren't these idiots supposed to be Ultimates? Alright, they are high-school kids, but still.

Let's put this another way, if instead of watching a video of their friend being tortured and killed for 5 minutes, they saw Chisa, their beloved teacher for quite some time now, killing their friend right in front of them, I would say that would have been more reasonable, make more sense, and more despair-inducing. Someone they trust killing their friend, not many people can recover from that. I call the execution wasted effort and time.

Can you see these idiots being the ones to lead the entire world into Despair? The writing feels very cheap, and there are a lot of wasted potential, like the Twilight Incident. Why exactly was the point of it, other than a cameo? It could have been used as the root of Kuzuryuu, Peko, Ibuki, Hiyoko, Mahiru, and Tsumiki's despair, because it involved them killing people. Nope, the damn thing was glossed over like it was nothing, except for being the reason why Hinata got mad and wanted to be an Ultimate. Wasted potential I say.

Junko needs more personal time, like how she screwed Juuzo over so badly. That was one of the highlights of this episode, as well as the end scene between Nanami and Hinata. The anime is conflicting with the lore of the games, and that is just screwed up.

Why are you forgetting that Mitarai's brainwashing techniques were applied to the video they were seeing?

And if Chisa was trying to kill Chiaki in front of them, they would have stopped her, the reason they couldn't move i becaue the video was basically capturing their attention completely

Do you honestly believe Junko manipulating them with "muh insecurites" and making them destroy the world just with that isn't more pathetic than them falling into a trap and receiving brainwashing to enjoy the feeling of creating and receiving despair? The Twilight case affected a couple of them but they eventually got over it because they had the support of the class and could keep going foward, what use would Junko have to bring that incident back? Create infghting among them or something? How would this lead to her creating of literal despair junkies who killed for fun?

Sep 15, 2016 6:04 PM
Apr 2011
MightyM16 said:
trannon1 said:

better than unredeeming edgy assholes who decided to fuck the world up because of "muh insecurities"

MonoReaper said:

You do know Monokuma(and by extension Junko) is a freaking liar, right?

trannon1 said:

Because it doesn't really make sense? I mean if I saw my friend being tortured then killed, I would want revenge. Aren't these idiots supposed to be Ultimates? Alright, they are high-school kids, but still.

Let's put this another way, if instead of watching a video of their friend being tortured and killed for 5 minutes, they saw Chisa, their beloved teacher for quite some time now, killing their friend right in front of them, I would say that would have been more reasonable, make more sense, and more despair-inducing. Someone they trust killing their friend, not many people can recover from that. I call the execution wasted effort and time.

Can you see these idiots being the ones to lead the entire world into Despair? The writing feels very cheap, and there are a lot of wasted potential, like the Twilight Incident. Why exactly was the point of it, other than a cameo? It could have been used as the root of Kuzuryuu, Peko, Ibuki, Hiyoko, Mahiru, and Tsumiki's despair, because it involved them killing people. Nope, the damn thing was glossed over like it was nothing, except for being the reason why Hinata got mad and wanted to be an Ultimate. Wasted potential I say.

Junko needs more personal time, like how she screwed Juuzo over so badly. That was one of the highlights of this episode, as well as the end scene between Nanami and Hinata. The anime is conflicting with the lore of the games, and that is just screwed up.

Why are you forgetting that Mitarai's brainwashing techniques were applied to the video they were seeing?

And if Chisa was trying to kill Chiaki in front of them, they would have stopped her, the reason they couldn't move i becaue the video was basically capturing their attention completely

Do you honestly believe Junko manipulating them with "muh insecurites" and making them destrpy the world just with that isn't more pathetic than them falling into a trap and receiving brainwashing to enjoy the feeling of creating and receiving despair?

Because Junko is supposed to be Ultimate Despair so she needs to be the Big Bad? Because brainwashing through a video is just dumb, especially since Chisa had to be restrained while they stood dumbly watching their friend die? Because taking advantage of their insecurities would be more realistic than a video brainwashing people which makes it less pathetic than a Deux Ex Machina where a video literally changes the world? Because terrorists and armies have killed over insecurities of religion and leaders?

Ok. I dislike brainwashing by video, whatever. It won't change the fact that it happened, so bla.
Sep 15, 2016 6:10 PM

Jul 2012
I KNEW I COULD USE THIS GIF HERE:

lol despair

(And yeah, the reason they couldn't move or close their eyes is that they were being brainwashed by that point)

Sep 15, 2016 6:24 PM

Nov 2014
The ending in a nutshell...

and all of that tortue done to Chiaki. That wasn't needed.
Kodaka is looking like Urobuchi right now, imo. :nauseated face:
Sep 15, 2016 6:26 PM

Dec 2007
orphen20 said:
Really disappointed. The brainwash is awfully cheap.

So is Amnesia... oh wait.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2016

225 by Beguni »»
May 1, 8:21 AM

» *spoilers* Why do people not like this season?

kakashis_sidehoe - Mar 26, 2023

33 by Kiryotsu »»
Jan 5, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

242 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

255 by KSkillmyself »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:29 PM

» Small criticism about some aspects and a specific character

Bard_Eren - May 20, 2023

11 by GreatSoldier34 »»
May 20, 2023 4:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.