Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 3, 2016 9:15 PM
Jun 2011
"Listen well, Sōma, the secret to becoming a great chef is... meeting a woman that will make you want to give all the food you make to her..." - Yukihira Joichiro

That sums up why Akira is the victor.. he dedicated all of his cooking to Jun, the woman that he met years ago..

Stagiare up next..
Sep 3, 2016 9:16 PM

Dec 2014
paula_cifu said:
If I wanted to read the manga from this point of the story, from where should I begin?

Chapter 105. I just re-read it to compare it to the anime
Sep 3, 2016 9:32 PM
Jun 2011
paula_cifu said:
If I wanted to read the manga from this point of the story, from where should I begin?

This Episode cover up until chap. 104.. So if you want to pick the manga up start from chap. 105
Sep 3, 2016 9:34 PM

Feb 2014
Wondering if anyone can tell me if Erina knows who Souma's dad is yet?
Around and around the cycle goes.
Sep 3, 2016 9:48 PM

Feb 2016
I'm glad Souma didn't win
Sep 3, 2016 11:38 PM

Dec 2014
Loved Akira winning, this was a good result. Nice to see the MC not win.

Add me on PSN: edgehead22
XBL: iamDTS
3DS: 4270-2870-9578
Sep 4, 2016 12:16 AM
Jul 2018
Nevertheless, I'm hyped for the Stagiaire arc.

12 chapters for 3 remaining eps, i wonder how will that fare
Sep 4, 2016 12:45 AM
Jul 2018
19Pyro90 said:

No, in the anime, she still doesn't know it.
Sep 4, 2016 12:59 AM

Feb 2014
Near_21 said:
19Pyro90 said:

Oh I knew that i meant for the manga readers, sorry for the misunderstanding
Around and around the cycle goes.
Sep 4, 2016 1:04 AM
Jul 2018
19Pyro90 said:
Near_21 said:

Oh I knew that i meant for the manga readers, sorry for the misunderstanding

Sep 4, 2016 2:28 AM
Feb 2016
I hoped Akira won the competition and I'm so happy for it. It has been a great chapter and I liked a lot the flashback about Akira's life.
Triscaidecáfilo
www.triscaidecafilo.es
Sep 4, 2016 3:03 AM

Aug 2015
I love Hayama Akira so much <3 really Happy for him~
Sep 4, 2016 5:34 AM

Feb 2014
I caved in to temptation and read chapter 103 of the manga a few days ago since I wanted to find out who won, and like in the anime, when they started to showcase Akira's backstory, I knew that he was going to be the victor.

Still, Soma lost, showing that he hasn't always have the 'plotarmour' as others might say, to help him win, and as shown, this defeat will help him improve his dishes and get better as a chef and then, maybe, battle against Akira again and win. =)

One person who I'm glad didn't win was Kurokiba. The salt was amusing real for him as he snapped out at Alice who was disappointed in him for not winning.

Anyway, the arc is over and a new one is starting up and with 3 episodes left to do it in, I won't be surprised if the pacing becomes rushed in a couple of places in order to get this arc done.

Great episode overall and when will Erina start to appreciate Soma and his dishes more openly?
Sep 4, 2016 5:40 AM

Jun 2013
wait hold up how did she find out about his sense of smell?! just like that?! and it was obvious he was going to lose but that helped him grow
Sep 4, 2016 5:58 AM

Feb 2015
Ooh, an unexpected result! Expected Yukihira to win so it's cool to see it go another way. The episode itself was nothing special, but nonetheless a solid conclusion to the finals.
Sep 4, 2016 6:05 AM

Aug 2014
It was nice episode until that cliche story about poor Hayama... when I saw him in this old village I knew he gonna win... and that pissed me even more as his dish was the worst...
When chefs were talikng about special dish that only one chef can make I was thinking about Ryou as his dishes are always special and only he can make them or also Souma as he is original.

Alice dumping Ryou looked like lovers break up ;d

3/5
5/5 if Ryou or Souma would win.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 4, 2016 8:14 AM

Sep 2014
Didn't expect Souma to actually lose wow o.O, although I'm not disappointed with Hayama winning.
Nice to see more of Hayama's and Jun's past, also that hug was so sweet :3
Alice "dumping" Ryo was funny, also sitting on her mother's lap cute.
Ryo's sweet rage ^^

Souma's father so awesome!
So all Souma needs now is a woman to cook for :D Wonder when Erina will finally acknowledge him, although it'd be great if he ends up with Ikumi too :o
I like how all three kinda get along together at the end :D

Stagiare arc sounds interesting, I wonder if there'll be enough time though, looking forward to it!
nerfxSep 4, 2016 8:24 AM
Sep 4, 2016 9:26 AM
Aug 2015
Hyped for the next arc, 3 episodes are more than enough for me, season will probably will end when Soma comes back to PSD.

Liking this season so far, many say that episodes were rushed, but the overall quality was great, and IMO it was better the anime than the manga, because you had to wait a lot in each match, and it took a lot of the tension as a result.

Natsu and Leonora a man from japan and a woman from the north of Europe meeting, now a alice a girl from japan mets Ryo a boy from the north of Europe (Alice has a European Name and Ryo japanese).
No wonder they are the best ship
Sep 4, 2016 9:53 AM

Nov 2012
>Hmm, I wonder who's gonna win...
>SUDDEN FLASHBACK
>oh... couldn't make it anymore obvious.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Sep 4, 2016 11:43 AM

Nov 2011
I just disliked the Flashback right before the winner was announced, if they would have done it reverse order I think it would have been better.

Hayama winning was whatever, I feel Soma already knew there was better chefs then him and he'd come across them eventually.

I just don't like this new arc they're about to go into with 3 episodes left.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 4, 2016 11:57 AM

May 2015
Yukihira lost :(

But man episode was good and funny
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 4, 2016 1:25 PM

Jun 2011
Sokah said:
So the dishes were equally good, but because Akira has limited himself to only being able to do a specific kind of cooking, he wins? For being the worst chef? Okay.

I think it's because of the fact that Hayama has practiced his forte which is spice making for years to the point that no one can beat him in that regard, not even Souma. Hayama's cooking won because of the fact that he has created his own style of cooking different from everyone else around him, while Souma being a monster of his own simply gets by, by putting his own spin on things, but not has developed a style of cooking that he can truly call his own.
Sep 4, 2016 1:26 PM

Apr 2015
Gotta love Ryo's reaction. Alice hitting him was also adorable. Everything Alice does is too adorable XD. Especially with that face.

Anyway great episode.
Sep 4, 2016 1:27 PM

Jun 2011
ShadowMonkey said:
Crap, out of all 3 of them, it had to be my least favorite >:( I hope he cheated or something so Souma can win

telmo_trooper said:
So how did you guys like this episode of Shokugeki no Hayama?

I can taste the salt in the air.
This my friend is something called, character development, and is the author's way of showing us that Souma still has a long way go. Nothing wrong with that, if you can't accept this go back to watching Sword Art Online.
Sep 4, 2016 1:47 PM

Aug 2014
As expected Soma won't win.

Damn Erina you are so useless.
Sep 4, 2016 1:56 PM

Jan 2016
Honestly 3 episodes for the Stagiaire arc is enough as they have had some episodes with 4 chapters worth of content. I think it should be enough!

Anyway that Hayama backstory really helped as without it i would have been salty asf, i have already read the manga but the saltiness came back!
Sep 4, 2016 2:00 PM

Oct 2011
Omg Hayama won ahhhhh😍
Sep 4, 2016 2:29 PM

May 2013
Rayla said:

This my friend is something called, character development, and is the author's way of showing us that Souma still has a long way go. Nothing wrong with that, if you can't accept this go back to watching Sword Art Online.

I'm just messing with you guys, I agree it's best for the plot that Souma doesn't win every single time. Keeps things fresh.
telmo_trooperSep 4, 2016 2:40 PM
Sep 4, 2016 3:17 PM

Jun 2015
Rayla said:
ShadowMonkey said:
Crap, out of all 3 of them, it had to be my least favorite >:( I hope he cheated or something so Souma can win

telmo_trooper said:
So how did you guys like this episode of Shokugeki no Hayama?

Damn bruh I just got so roasted that my skin is darker than Hayama's...Here's the thing: This anime is, let's face it, probably not gonna get a season 3, so they're literally going hah u stupid hype person yes Souma just lost and the anime is over soon so you can drop the anime and buy my manga instead of watching this on a illegal streaming site pusi bich. And I don't have a problem with that. It happened with Asterisk (yes I liked that anime f u elitists) and OreGairu (one season 3 pls) and stuff like that and yeah that's a marketing move I get that but ending an anime on that is pretty annoying if you ask me...btw this freakin' episode discussion war is ridiculous XD
Sep 4, 2016 4:11 PM

Dec 2009
Soma was second, close but not close enough. So besides Erina only Hayama is better than Soma among the best.

Speciality cooking. Whereas Kurokiba has seafood and Hayama has aroma, Soma doesn't really have a speciality. Time to find it.
Sep 4, 2016 4:19 PM

Oct 2013
Interesting outcome, naturally obvious the moment they showed his past but the result was announced immediately after so it's k. It makes sense too, given that Hayama truly had the most self-defining dish and the guy literally was the one who had nothing until he started Jun & cooking and his sense of fragrance truly defined him & his cooking.
Sep 5, 2016 1:11 AM

Mar 2014
i thought soma is the one who acts like an arrogant dick from the beginning. recall the ep about his speech on the school opening ceremony.
Sep 5, 2016 3:36 AM
Jul 2016
Laionidas said:
Still completely dumbfounded about no one (manga readers don't count) seemingly remembering that vital quote from Souma's dad in season one, or realising that Hayama's victory was only to light Souma's path. People should be a little less absorbed by the contests, and the who, what, hows, and focus a bit more on the why.

Souma's dad S1 said:
The key is finding a someone (a woman) for whom you want to continue improving your cooking.
Souma S2E10 said:
I wonder what it is that Hayama's got, that I don't.

If you add those up, it's obvious. Hayama's got Jun, which the epilogue only served to underscore once more, and the solution for Souma is Erina.

Yeah, except that pretty much everyone remember this and pretty much everyone here already pointed this out.

Besides, what a stupid reason.
Sep 5, 2016 3:47 AM

Jan 2014
samrol_sotiefa said:
Yeah, except that pretty much everyone remember this and pretty much everyone here already pointed this out.

Everyone is aware of the Souma x Erina ship, but most non-manga-readers seem oblivious to the quote by Souma's dad.

Also, what 'reason' are you referring to? The reason for Hayama being better than Souma? Then I agree, but it's not my idea, it's the anime's.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 5, 2016 3:55 AM
Jul 2016
Laionidas said:
samrol_sotiefa said:

Everyone is aware of the Souma x Erina ship, but most non-manga-readers seem oblivious to the quote by Souma's dad.

Also, what 'reason' are you referring to? The reason for Hayama being better than Souma? Then I agree, but it's not my idea, it's the anime's.

Nope, many people already pointed the quote you mentioned. Yeah, i was talking about the "reason" Hayama won, but i know it's not your idea.
Sep 5, 2016 6:06 AM

Nov 2015
i didnt like the way that soma lost 2 times against akira

Sep 5, 2016 6:08 AM

Jul 2014
The next arc would be nice, Megu~mi~
But i hope the arc where Tsukasa Eishi would be animated (hoping for Season 3)
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Sep 5, 2016 6:19 PM

May 2015
Much as I wanted Souma to win, I'm actually glad that Hayama won instead. It's nice for him to not have too much plot armor. Though the flashback definitely gave away the fact that Hayama was going to win. I'm excited for the Stagiare Arc!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 5, 2016 8:14 PM

Nov 2014
wow, this episode went in a flash. it honestly felt like 8 minutes or so! the post-credit scenes were the best ones. the themes were reinforced maybe a bit too much in this episode but it wasn't bad.

Alice is still the best girl
Sep 6, 2016 4:30 AM

Jul 2014
Ayt can someone help me here, whats the OST when Hayama won? when Souma was thinking about his loss? I NEED THAT OST!
Sep 6, 2016 5:23 AM
Sep 2016
ScarletSnake said:
It's no surprise Hayama won because he already has a woman to cook for just as Jouichirou stated about his secret earlier. Souma was fighting for himself and has yet to realize that he needs to find the right woman (Erina) to dedicate his cooking to in order become a better chef.

I'm very excited to see my favorite arc finally getting animated next week.

Just cant wait for erina to accept souma but in terms of anime we will wait another season or two😂
Sep 6, 2016 6:03 AM
Aug 2016
In my mind, It was screaming "soma's gonna win of course, cuz he's good at cooking"
But suddenly flashback that tells me he's not gonna win.....0_0

supremeHDSep 6, 2016 6:06 AM
Sep 6, 2016 11:07 AM
Jul 2014
I never expect Souma to win either of them. Souma is just a normie, he has his limit compare to those who have real talent like Hayama. I think Hayama is on similar level with Nakiri, he is only less popular because his special ability doesn't useful for other people.
Sep 6, 2016 2:10 PM
Sep 2009
I suspected that Akira would win, even though I was rooting for Ryou. And when they said special dish that highlight chefs strengths, I knew for sure it's not Souma.

Souma does not have a speciality, he improvises. Granted, lots of thought goes into it, he still make stuff up. There is no specific pattern. Akira is all about small, Ryou is great at mixing sea food while Souma is a generalist.

If he manages to make all of his horror dishes to actually taste good, it would be his speciality then =P
Sep 7, 2016 4:52 PM

Sep 2007
Its how you surprise ...
Lot a guys thought Soma would win easily ...
Sep 8, 2016 1:13 AM

Jun 2008
BOOOOOOOO!

Fucking brown dude won....lol, I can't even...

Should've been Ryo...
Sep 8, 2016 9:55 AM

Sep 2014
Yeh , some or many people may have taken Souma's soy milk as a hint to his victory , but Hayama's past was the obvious one. And his dish looked most delicious and most out of the ordinary.

Alice's mother was so cool character during the finals :)

Elections were wonderful competition and fun to watch , now onto Stagiaire and
Sep 8, 2016 11:19 AM

Jul 2015
Aaaahhhhh was waiting for the bare chest, I had the exact same reaction as the crowd did. My love for Hayama grows with every episode he appears in, and when his back story suddenly came up, I just felt myself getting more and more excited by the second, knew he was gonna win when that started, and as soon as it was announced, I just lost it, I lost it completely. I'm freaking happy. That was fantastic, and so quick, seriously, that went by so freaking fast.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 8, 2016 11:38 AM

Dec 2012
Damn, those mixed feelings when your favorite character not named Souma wins. Happy for Akira, the moment the judges talked about signature dishes that represent the chef I couldn't help but think of his. Even though it's a bummer to see Souma lose, it looks like this is that critical moment for him to realize it's not just his dad he has to catch up with now.

I also like the emphasis on Souma's hard work and how rather than having extreme talent or a natural gift, he just thinks things through and stays creative. Making excuses is easy but defying limits is what drives him.
Sep 9, 2016 9:43 AM

Nov 2015
Even though I was sorry for Souma not to win, the decision about Hayama winning it, is a very good one. Therefore the anime can build up a (less Shounen-like) longer way to Soumas dream to become the best.

Great final overall!

5/5
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

152 by j2ez2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

363 by eeniemewie »»
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

141 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

155 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.