Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 29, 2016 8:12 AM

Jan 2015
kacaj said:
I´m gonna throw in a theory then:
In Monokuma´s explanation there is a huge gap. He says the following about the game clear condition : - If the the time limit hits and no one is dead it´s game clear. The funny thing is that there are acutally 2 time limits, one for the participants and one for the killer. Monokuma is just speeking in a manner, to make us sure that he is speaking about the killer´s time limits. So basically their true object would be not to find the killer, but to stop the killings between them.

It´s my theory, so it´s not encouraging that even I don´t believe it, but there is surely a gap in Monokuma´s words which makes it possible. Also till now both times someone died before the participants time limit reached zero. ( Daisaku, Tengen )

Maybe this episode will be able to crush this theory too .-

Hmm, I think Munakata said something related to that when facing Naegi. The killer doesn't actually need to kill, and if they don't, the game is clear, which means the culprit would scape and even keep infiltrated in the Future Foundation.

Maybe that is the gap in Monokuma's rules. The attacker doesn't need to kill to clear the game. But then, there are some problems between the participants, so....

It was mentioned before that people in Japan read the lips of Tengan's "mute" statement, and he apparently says the attacker switches each time. For starters, how does Tengan knows that?. And here i'm gonna throw another theory. When he writes on the floor with his blood "I'll leave humanity's Hope to you", he didn't mean Naegi, nor Munakata. Before Naegi escaped from Munakata, Tengan tells him that he is Hope. So that statement means he is leaving Hope (Naegi) under the care of someone else, and I think that someone is Mitarai.

Taynis brought up something interesting.

As for why was Mitari scouted by Tengan. I believe he was probably scouted for the Neo World Program.
Dreams_of_NekoAug 29, 2016 8:27 AM
Aug 29, 2016 8:27 AM
Aug 2016
Dreams_of_Neko said:

Hmm, I think Munakata said something related to that when facing Naegi. The killer doesn't actually need to kill, and if they don't, the game is clear, which means the culprit would scape and even keep infiltrated in the Future Foundation.

Sorry, maybe I explained it a little badly, and you misunderstood, because that thing with Munakata has no relation to what I said. There are 2 time limits :
1. When everyone is awake. ( 2 hours )
2. When the killer is awake, and he should kill someone. ( unknown lenght )

I tried to say, that it is possible, that they have to stop the killings in the first kind of time limit, not in the second.

And according the other things you said. I think that message was a fake. You remember how much Monoca was typing before she showed it to Naegi? She may have just modified the picture to cheer him up, she was just having fun. I know it´s Danganronpa, but still after someone nearly cut trough your neck and you was completely pierced by a metal rod you´re not expected to leave a dying message behind.
orangesrandomAug 29, 2016 8:35 AM
Aug 29, 2016 8:36 AM

Jan 2015
kacaj said:
Dreams_of_Neko said:

Sorry, maybe I explained it a little badly, and you misunderstood, because that thing with Munakata has no relation to what I said. There are 2 time limits :

I tried to say, that it is possible, that they have to stop the killings in the first kind of time limit, not in the second.

I understood that part, and that is why I refuted with Munakata's explanation that you are the kill, you just don't need to kill anymore to get out of the game, so there shouldn't be a need for 2 times.

But this reminds me the deaths of most of the participants: Chisa was hanging from the chandelier, Gozu was hanging from a broken ceiling that was apparently not broken before going to sleep, and Seiko was smashed to a wall, which was previously intact. What happened after they went to sleep and we found the corpses?

Argh. I need to go for now. But I will be thinking about your theory.

See ya.
Aug 29, 2016 8:37 AM

Aug 2016
How do you 'read lips' in anime? The scene is detailed, I'll concede that, but I have a hard time believing this Tengan's mute statement theory, to be honest. Not saying he did not say that, just that it's far-fetched to believe people just read his lips succesfully without a good amount of speculation.
Aug 29, 2016 8:46 AM
Aug 2016
Dreams_of_Neko said:
kacaj said:

I understood that part, and that is why I refuted with Munakata's explanation that you are the kill, you just don't need to kill anymore to get out of the game, so there shouldn't be a need for 2 times.

But this reminds me the deaths of most of the participants: Chisa was hanging from the chandelier, Gozu was hanging from a broken ceiling that was apparently not broken before going to sleep, and Seiko was smashed to a wall, which was previously intact. What happened after they went to sleep and we found the corpses?

Argh. I need to go for now. But I will be thinking about your theory.

See ya.

I got what you say now, It´s funny that in how many aspects can you interpret Munakata´s words. I just didn´t think of Munakata being able to seen trough Monokuma´s words. If he would´ve seen trough it then he´s acting like he doesn´t wants to finish the game before killing everyone who he thinks is suspicious or wrong for the Future Foundation.

It would be fun to see this thery become true, because it would mean that the first attacker was actually Juzo and the second Munakata himself.
Aug 29, 2016 9:40 PM

Jan 2015
kacaj said:

I got what you say now, It´s funny that in how many aspects can you interpret Munakata´s words. I just didn´t think of Munakata being able to seen trough Monokuma´s words. If he would´ve seen trough it then he´s acting like he doesn´t wants to finish the game before killing everyone who he thinks is suspicious or wrong for the Future Foundation.

It would be fun to see this thery become true, because it would mean that the first attacker was actually Juzo and the second Munakata himself.

Gonna transcript Monokuma Rules:

1. When the time on your arm bangles runs out, you will all be injected with a sleeping drug.

2. The Attacker: While you're asleep, one attacker will wake up. The attacker will be given a time limit within which to kill exactly one person. So basically, there's a traitor! If you don't take care of it, the Future Foundation has no future. Well, why not just pick someone who looks like the attacker and off them?
If the time limit hits, and nobody's dead, you win the game!

3. Forbidden Actions: Look at your bangles. Each of you has a single action that you aren't allowed to perform. Perform that action, and your bangle will administer a lethal dose of poison.
*Monokuma triggers FA and dies by lethal Upupu*
By the way, try to rip off the bangles and the poison will be injected, 'kay?

Hmm, maybe you're not that far with your theory. From the first rule we infer that EVERYONE is injected with the sleeping drug. Apparently, all at the same time. And then one attacker is woken up and given ANOTHER time limit to kill one person.

And then there is something else in the rules that might answer @Manecleis doubt about the attacker only being one person. The second rule states that one attacker will wake up. This could be interpreted as "One of many", if not, Monokuma could have simply said "the attacker". Someone in a reddit thread commented on it.
By Duckzono on reddit: "Omaera ga nemuteru aida ni shuugekisha hitori ga mezamemasu." So in English: During the time that you guys are sleeping, one attacker will wake up.
shuugekisha hitori refers to one attacker, which could be implied that if there was only one attacker, he could've just said shuugekisha.

Not 100% sure about this. After all, Kirigiri explains in episode 8 the workings of the attacker. Ah, but there is something she still haven't mentioned. The mess around the bodies. Those who had been killed by the dagger attacker were in some sort of fight before their deaths.

- Chisa died with her eyes open, and she was also tearing. When her face was cleaned, some dried blood smudges are seen under her eyes and mouth, which implies she was in a standing position when her blood came out. She was probably caught by surprise. Well, she most likely had no idea of what was happening since the rules came after her death...

- Great Gozu: Before falling asleep in episode 2, there is no sign of a broken ceiling. However, in episode 3, Gozu is tangled in cables hanging from a BIG hole in the ceiling. Kind of pointless to put a locker in front of the door when you have a massive hole up there. Also, he has his mask eyes slashed. I believe there was a fight there and he got his eyes slashed to prevent him from locating his attacker, making him an easy target.

- Seiko: Before collapsing on the floor, the corridor around her is mostly intact. But once we are shown her corpse, it was smashed on the wall. Why would you do that if she was sleeping?

Both Gozu and Seiko, you could just stab them in their sleep, however, there are signs of a struggle. Were they also awake at the times of their deaths?
Aug 30, 2016 1:16 AM
Aug 2016
Dreams_of_Neko said:
kacaj said:

Gonna transcript Monokuma Rules:

1. When the time on your arm bangles runs out, you will all be injected with a sleeping drug.

2. The Attacker: While you're asleep, one attacker will wake up. The attacker will be given a time limit within which to kill exactly one person. So basically, there's a traitor! If you don't take care of it, the Future Foundation has no future. Well, why not just pick someone who looks like the attacker and off them?
If the time limit hits, and nobody's dead, you win the game!

3. Forbidden Actions: Look at your bangles. Each of you has a single action that you aren't allowed to perform. Perform that action, and your bangle will administer a lethal dose of poison.
*Monokuma triggers FA and dies by lethal Upupu*
By the way, try to rip off the bangles and the poison will be injected, 'kay?

Hmm, maybe you're not that far with your theory. From the first rule we infer that EVERYONE is injected with the sleeping drug. Apparently, all at the same time. And then one attacker is woken up and given ANOTHER time limit to kill one person.

And then there is something else in the rules that might answer @Manecleis doubt about the attacker only being one person. The second rule states that one attacker will wake up. This could be interpreted as "One of many", if not, Monokuma could have simply said "the attacker". Someone in a reddit thread commented on it.
By Duckzono on reddit: "Omaera ga nemuteru aida ni shuugekisha hitori ga mezamemasu." So in English: During the time that you guys are sleeping, one attacker will wake up.
shuugekisha hitori refers to one attacker, which could be implied that if there was only one attacker, he could've just said shuugekisha.

Not 100% sure about this. After all, Kirigiri explains in episode 8 the workings of the attacker. Ah, but there is something she still haven't mentioned. The mess around the bodies. Those who had been killed by the dagger attacker were in some sort of fight before their deaths.

- Chisa died with her eyes open, and she was also tearing. When her face was cleaned, some dried blood smudges are seen under her eyes and mouth, which implies she was in a standing position when her blood came out. She was probably caught by surprise. Well, she most likely had no idea of what was happening since the rules came after her death...

- Great Gozu: Before falling asleep in episode 2, there is no sign of a broken ceiling. However, in episode 3, Gozu is tangled in cables hanging from a BIG hole in the ceiling. Kind of pointless to put a locker in front of the door when you have a massive hole up there. Also, he has his mask eyes slashed. I believe there was a fight there and he got his eyes slashed to prevent him from locating his attacker, making him an easy target.

- Seiko: Before collapsing on the floor, the corridor around her is mostly intact. But once we are shown her corpse, it was smashed on the wall. Why would you do that if she was sleeping?

Both Gozu and Seiko, you could just stab them in their sleep, however, there are signs of a struggle. Were they also awake at the times of their deaths?

Well there may be more than 1 killer, but then why is the killing method the same? Or maybe someone sets the scene of the murder, after the attacker kills? It´s shame that they didn´t show us Seiko´s face, because then we could confirm if the killer has some kind of obsession with making the victims look like they cried blood. ( It both happened with Chisa and Gozu. ) If the victim was awake when killed it´s even harder to assume that there are more killers. There aren´t many participants who can defeat Gozu and Seiko, maybe even Chisa, they would end up at least wounded themselves.

For now it seems safer to assume that there is only one killer. I´m also wondering if robot Gekkogahara is even counted as a participant.
Aug 30, 2016 9:53 AM

Jan 2015
kacaj said:

Well there may be more than 1 killer, but then why is the killing method the same? Or maybe someone sets the scene of the murder, after the attacker kills? It´s shame that they didn´t show us Seiko´s face, because then we could confirm if the killer has some kind of obsession with making the victims look like they cried blood. ( It both happened with Chisa and Gozu. ) If the victim was awake when killed it´s even harder to assume that there are more killers. There aren´t many participants who can defeat Gozu and Seiko, maybe even Chisa, they would end up at least wounded themselves.

For now it seems safer to assume that there is only one killer. I´m also wondering if robot Gekkogahara is even counted as a participant.

Maybe because the victims were actually the "Attackers". As in, they were chosen by Monokuma to be the attackers, but they refused to hurt anyone and that decision got them killed.

But then it could contradict the "multiple attackers" theory, since they could all have been killed by Monokuma making it the only "attacker".

It is still strange to me as why there are signs of a possible strugle/fight before their deaths.
Aug 30, 2016 3:09 PM
Aug 2016
Dreams_of_Neko said:

Maybe because the victims were actually the "Attackers". As in, they were chosen by Monokuma to be the attackers, but they refused to hurt anyone and that decision got them killed.

But then it could contradict the "multiple attackers" theory, since they could all have been killed by Monokuma making it the only "attacker".

It is still strange to me as why there are signs of a possible strugle/fight before their deaths.

If Monokuma is killing off the participants just like that that would somewhat make the game lose its purpose. In that case Monokuma would rather chose the ones who are ready to kill for their own life.

Maybe Monokuma wakes up not just the attacker, but the victim aswell, and the attacker is only permitted to kill that one person. Still not making much more sense. If the killer´s motive is revenge or hatred then those signs don ´t have to be signs of struggle. If the killer is the mastermind then he might lower the dose of the sleeping poison to a state, where the victims are conscious but paralyzed, just to make them feel the pain.

I´m trying to imagine every explanation but none of them sounds solid.

I don´t know if anyone pointed it out, but there´s a last thing which comes to my mind about the 7 th episode. It´s really strange that Monoca states that she doesn´t know the killer´s identity. After all Robot Gekkogahara can´t be put to sleep using the sleeping drug in the bangles, we can be sure, because she had the opportunity and time to set that prank about Asahina dieing, and that kind of proves that she can be awake even when the sleeping drug puts the others out.

So if she was awake and Gozu being such near and getting up killed, how the hell does she not know who the killer is? This would mean that she´s either lying or she wasn´t able to recognise the killer. ( mask or something like that )
Aug 30, 2016 9:36 PM

Jan 2015
kacaj said:
Dreams_of_Neko said:

If Monokuma is killing off the participants just like that that would somewhat make the game lose its purpose. In that case Monokuma would rather chose the ones who are ready to kill for their own life.

Maybe Monokuma wakes up not just the attacker, but the victim aswell, and the attacker is only permitted to kill that one person. Still not making much more sense. If the killer´s motive is revenge or hatred then those signs don ´t have to be signs of struggle. If the killer is the mastermind then he might lower the dose of the sleeping poison to a state, where the victims are conscious but paralyzed, just to make them feel the pain.

I´m trying to imagine every explanation but none of them sounds solid.

I don´t know if anyone pointed it out, but there´s a last thing which comes to my mind about the 7 th episode. It´s really strange that Monoca states that she doesn´t know the killer´s identity. After all Robot Gekkogahara can´t be put to sleep using the sleeping drug in the bangles, we can be sure, because she had the opportunity and time to set that prank about Asahina dieing, and that kind of proves that she can be awake even when the sleeping drug puts the others out.

So if she was awake and Gozu being such near and getting up killed, how the hell does she not know who the killer is? This would mean that she´s either lying or she wasn´t able to recognise the killer. ( mask or something like that )

Sign of torture isntead of fight. Plausible. Kirigiri only mentioned one detail of the killings, we might get all the other details later I assume.

I will still have noted that detail for future reference. Ah, also the detail of the corpses always being hanging in some way. And with at least their arms extended.

Isn´t it weird that Monoka killed Gekkogahara but not Asahina? She could have easily stabbed Asahina in her sleep without remorse, but didn´t. Maybe she had restricted actions as well, not necessarily because of the poison bangle, but by interference in the robot´s system. She apparentlydidn´t even activate the full potential of Mechagahara. Maybe that happened before Gozu´s death and the intereference shut the robot´s system down for that period of time.
Aug 31, 2016 2:48 AM
Aug 2016
Dreams_of_Neko said:

Sign of torture isntead of fight. Plausible. Kirigiri only mentioned one detail of the killings, we might get all the other details later I assume.

I will still have noted that detail for future reference. Ah, also the detail of the corpses always being hanging in some way. And with at least their arms extended.

Isn´t it weird that Monoka killed Gekkogahara but not Asahina? She could have easily stabbed Asahina in her sleep without remorse, but didn´t. Maybe she had restricted actions as well, not necessarily because of the poison bangle, but by interference in the robot´s system. She apparentlydidn´t even activate the full potential of Mechagahara. Maybe that happened before Gozu´s death and the intereference shut the robot´s system down for that period of time.

With that prank Monokuma might as well saved Asahina´s life. And she had numberless opportunities to kill Makoto and Asahina, or just let others kill them. If Monoca would´ve wanted she would long be dead by now.

And the robot´s systems shutting down before the death is a possibility, but it´s just too convenient. If Monoca has really nothing to do with the game, why did she know about it beforehand, and why does she know such a detailthat someone will die because of Makoto? Monoca being the mastermind at this point sounds ridiculous, but I´m sure that she was lying at some point and she is hiding from us more than we thought.

There is a possibility, that the real Gekkogahara was one of the masterminds, and when Monoca killed her she found the details of the game on her computer. But it still doesn´t explain that how did she find Gekkogahara and why did she kill her.
Aug 31, 2016 8:58 AM

Jan 2015
kacaj said:
Dreams_of_Neko said:

With that prank Monokuma might as well saved Asahina´s life. And she had numberless opportunities to kill Makoto and Asahina, or just let others kill them. If Monoca would´ve wanted she would long be dead by now.

And the robot´s systems shutting down before the death is a possibility, but it´s just too convenient. If Monoca has really nothing to do with the game, why did she know about it beforehand, and why does she know such a detailthat someone will die because of Makoto? Monoca being the mastermind at this point sounds ridiculous, but I´m sure that she was lying at some point and she is hiding from us more than we thought.

There is a possibility, that the real Gekkogahara was one of the masterminds, and when Monoca killed her she found the details of the game on her computer. But it still doesn´t explain that how did she find Gekkogahara and why did she kill her.

By the way, where was Gekkogahara killed?

I was watching the Spanish sub and realized that some parts are not correctly translated, currently checking the English subs so to not misinterpret some statements.

Also, should we continue discussing the theories in the episode 8 thread? So we won´t spoil it in here. That is, if you are still interested in debating.
Aug 31, 2016 12:08 PM

Oct 2015
there is one thing bothering me, syo and touko don't share memories, right? then why did syo know monaka had said that someone that survived hpa with naegi was gonna die even though it was touko that was told. touko let syo take over control after monaka said so.. but syo seemed to know it as well.. even though they don't share memories, does anyone understand it?
Aug 31, 2016 1:31 PM
Aug 2016
Dreams_of_Neko said:

By the way, where was Gekkogahara killed?

I was watching the Spanish sub and realized that some parts are not correctly translated, currently checking the English subs so to not misinterpret some statements.

Also, should we continue discussing the theories in the episode 8 thread? So we won´t spoil it in here. That is, if you are still interested in debating.

I don´t think that we even have a chance in guessing the place of Gekkogahara´s death. As far as I can remember the only clue is the photo of her death body, and the fact that the Future Foundation was the one who found her body. In short the only thing we know about the venue, that the Future Foundation can reach it. Maybe you have some guesses, but I can´t think of a place which is more probable than the others.

Howewer regarding Gekkogahara´s death we have another important evidence which we more or less know. It´s the time of her body´s discovery. After Byakuya speaks with Naegi his assistant says, that they just recently received a report about Miaya Gekkogahara being dead. If she was killed before the game, as many pressume, then discovering her body took too much time. According to what we know she may have been killed even after the beginning of the game. So we can´t be even sure that she was murdered before the killing game began.

Somehow I feel it more likely that Miaya Gekkogahara came in contact with Monaca first and not the other way around. Monaca doesn´t seemed to be particularly interested in Future Foundation. There´s just soo much we don´t know, and this makes it damn hard to get a clear picture of the happenings.

Yep, I´m still interested if you don´t mind. From now on we can write in the episode 8 thread, so I´ll look for your reply there.

Btw Did you find anything awfully translated, or at least someplace big difference between the spanish and english subs?
Aug 31, 2016 1:42 PM
Aug 2016
yonaaofthedawn said:
there is one thing bothering me, syo and touko don't share memories, right? then why did syo know monaka had said that someone that survived hpa with naegi was gonna die even though it was touko that was told. touko let syo take over control after monaka said so.. but syo seemed to know it as well.. even though they don't share memories, does anyone understand it?

I noticed it too, I think of it only as the creators mistake. Unfortunately it wouldn´t be their first mistake, I found another logical nonsense like this.
Sep 3, 2016 4:10 AM

May 2016
Just when the Despair arc starts to get serious, the Future one decides to go the other way for once. Fukawa's fantastic thighs are a pleasure to behold.

Monaka going through all that effort and just giving up and practically erasing her existence just like that. I hope there'll be enough rations in there until she gets back. She better offer a bag of chips for Gekkogahara's spirit. It's been the first I've witnessed a fart as cute as hers ♡

That Lucky dude seems to be one of the masterminds. And a gigantic death flag has been waved in battle.
Kajo_Senpai69Sep 3, 2016 4:18 AM

Sep 11, 2016 6:52 PM

Jul 2013
"I'm sick of Earth, so I'm going to become a NEET in space!" this episode was everything but serious and that line was really hilarious!

I think it's not good that Monaca didn't have anything to do with the killing game that's happening. Someone else is behind it. Someone worse.
Nov 9, 2016 12:34 PM

May 2012
Interesting and intense episode, really looking forward what happens next!
Dec 23, 2016 8:51 PM

Mar 2015
Lel that whole sequence of Monaka just giving up and going to space was a bit.. random but okay!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 7, 2017 3:00 PM

Sep 2015
GENOCIDER SYO. Is Toko the GOAT Danganronpa character? She was funny as hell as usual in this episode. Lot of great one liners out of her. "I'm the type that reads the last page of a mystery novel first." They've really been surprising us with random characters from the franchise dropping in these last few episodes. Komaru's always super cute, and her and Toko had some great scenes together. Like holding hands while they were facing down the waves of enemies. jumping off the van rocketing into space together.

That was really weird. Guess it makes sense if she went full Junko, that Monaka would get bored and apathetic. As expected while very sus she was not the traitor. Or related to the newest killing game. But she clearly knew something was up. Since she got involved. And seems to have prior information about the game. Feel like maybe that's a hint about who Monokuma is this time. Either way seems like Monaka blasted out of this arc. Hope she likes space.

Fun little diversion that answered a surprising amount about the plot. Biggest laugh of the episode had to be that Utena reference though. In a fully animated Toko fantasy. And Byakuya's reaction after. "I feel as though some pervert is imagining something truly unpleasant. And above her station." Why does Byakuya always have the sharpest dialogue? Rhetorical question.
Apr 25, 2017 8:38 AM

Feb 2015
As much as I liked this UDG episode, I don't understand, it definitely sounds like it's after UDG but why the heck are the Warriors of Hope alive? I thought they died... well, it looked like they did in the game but now it turns out they didn't or maybe it's something else.

Urgh, my brain hurts, anyway, I'm glad Monaca got tired of that piece of shit Nagito and abandoned the game but if she isn't the Junko of this arc, I'm guessing it's still that piece of shit or Izuru.

RIP Monomi? Oh and more Fukawa, I really like her voice and I hope it's not too much to ask that that annoying fortune teller guy gets killed even though he isn't in the killing game.
Jun 20, 2017 2:36 PM

Jan 2014
Wait a minute, I can't be the only one who paused at that:

Did she mean what I think she meant? Did Nagito do what I think he did? :LUL:
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Dec 31, 2017 9:18 PM

Dec 2012
KnS theme.
lol at Monaka.
Oh shit! That episode title.
WTF! Nagisa is alive?
Kotoko.
WTF! Masaru and Jatarou are alive?
Dat hacking gun.
Syo!
Dat fantasy.
Dat ZZS theme.
lol at Chibi Komaru.
Monaka surrendered?
lol at darazon.
Monaka was turned into an adult by Nagito?
Nagito turned her away from Zetsubou? lol
lol at Monaka telling them to google it.
Monaka is going to space to become a NEET.
Komaru damn well couldn't control 4 Monokuma's at the same time by using Link in the game. Why can she do it now?
Kyouko can't die. She's waifu.

I always wondered what ZZS would look like as a TV anime. With that said...WTF was this episode? Dead people are alive. Monaka being a WTF and exiting the story. Just WTF! 1st bad episode of DR3.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 8, 2018 1:07 PM

Oct 2016
I finished Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls recently and see the dear ones Fufu and Koko again in action, it provokes me, I do not know if to call it epic or something like that. Also see again the warriors of hope and Monaka take a little more prominence. Wow, very good episode!
Mar 29, 2018 12:18 AM

Sep 2011
What? The kids are alive? I thought they died in DAE.

Well, the episode was really nice episode, it was like a Ultra Despair Girls 2. Monaka was amazing and so cute, loved her.
Feb 23, 2019 7:37 PM

Dec 2015
Monaca's a NEET now, and I wasn't expecting her to rip one at Genocide. Also, what's up with Nagito turning her into an adult lmao.
Mar 2, 2019 4:39 PM

Jun 2017
Just finished watching the seventh future arc episode. have to say,this is not only the WORST DR3 episode,it is one of the WORST anime episodes i have EVER seen. F***.

-it starts out promising enough with a pretty cool opening speech that literally makes absolutely no sense whatsoever considering what happens later on.

-then the pure BS starts. how the f*** are the three who are responsible for MURDERING THOUSANDS of adults not only alive and well,but free and in cahoots with the future foundation as well???!!! in what f***ing world does that make any sense??!!

-and Monaca is in Towa city,thus unfortunately confirming that there is a 16th hidden person in the tower.

-the nods to the DR:UDG game were nice i guess,as was Byakuya's reaction when Tuko imagined him, and Genocider's "Stork" comment.

-then we reach the "Jumping a hundred sharks in a row" part. F***ING Monaca Towa, the second Junko,the leader of all the remaining Despair members,genius extraordinaire,the big antagonist in DR:UDG,and Nagito's Chosen "Junko V2" pupil. THIS Monaca Towa, for no reason what so f***ing ever, goes "NOPE. I WANNA BE A F***ING NEET AND DIE IN SPACE INSTEAD". W.T.F. I kept hoping this was some sort of f***ing trick but NOPE. That is apparently what we are going with. Monaca just became a f***ing neet and abandoned all her life's dreams. YUP.
like,this felt like some fan fiction that would be laughed at and mocked. WTF.

-and to put a cherry on top of the s*** cake,a mat that appeared out of f***ing nowhere saves Komaru and Toku from a fall from HINDREDS of meters without it cutting or anything happening to them. because that makes so much f***ing sense.

GOD this sucked. damn. i dont even recall the last time i was this pissed off at an anime episode. this is as bad as the Corpse Party OVAs.

Edit: to vent a bit more,NOTHING that Monaca did makes ANY sense considering what happened this episode. her first appearance talking about despair,her fellow appearances loving what she is doing,her speech this episode,the fact that she went to all the effort of killing myaya and taking her place. all of that clearly states that she is still VERY active and interested. this reveal contradicts literally everything monaca. like,i am almost at the point where i would think she has some ultimate plan,but it is pretty obvious this isnt the case.
FFTHEWINNERMar 2, 2019 5:00 PM
Jun 21, 2019 7:19 PM

Feb 2018
Bad episode xD. Nothing special
Jul 16, 2019 12:43 AM

Oct 2017
Monaka ran away
Boring episode,nothing serious happened
Oct 17, 2019 8:52 PM

Jun 2019
Well, this episode was certainly less serious. And pretty far removed from the rest of the plot.

I laughed at some of the humor in this episode, a few things Monaca said were funny, Toko's fantasy was funny too. But the rest was pretty cringy.

Is it just me, or did Monaca have swastikas on her eyes? She also had a Nazi uniform on now that I think about it...

Also, I'm calling bullshit on that fall.

I didn't really get this episode, it just felt like an excuse to tie the characters from Ultra Despair Girls into the story. It really was a departure from the more dark and brutal tone of the previous episodes.

Glad they finally explained the tomato sauce on Aoi.

I'm not feeling great that they're teasing the death of one of the OG characters. Kill brain-dead Munakata instead.

Still not really sure who the mastermind is, so I'll stop guessing (probably not).

One last thing. I think they forgot to change the "remaining" counter in the intro. One character died in the previous episode, so it should be nine (actually eight if you count the wheelchair lady). Not sure if this signals something like a reveal, or if it's just a silly mistake though.
Nov 25, 2020 12:53 AM

Aug 2015
What a fucking troll episode oh my god.

This is what Despair Girls built up to? lmaoooo

It was cute to see the girls in action again though
whitherNov 25, 2020 12:58 AM
Nov 29, 2020 12:03 PM

Aug 2020
I never played or watch the gameplay for Ultra Despair Girls since most people said it wasn't necessary but I can't help but feel like I'm definitely missing out on information. I probably won't get it until Christmas but oh well.

Dec 23, 2020 10:15 AM

Aug 2020
Yay, we got to see the Ultra Despair Girls characters again in this episode~! Oh yeah, and the inside of Toko's mind when she's thinking about Byakuya... 0-0
Apr 13, 2021 12:42 PM
Mar 2021
i really hope kirigiri isnt the one to die, she's my fav !
Feb 25, 2023 5:08 AM
Jul 2015
Meh i'm getting bored with future arcs it bored me all of them suck I wish they died in gruesome way

naegi sis gay & lesbian attention for sho/toko skinship while both sho Crazy straight over handsome blonde megane rich Guy even wanting to have 20 male Children

Monaca & Warriors of Hope Kids give up too early its bored me!!!

not seeing how they torture citizens & Hope team til they died always fight like remnants despair i'm team despair

I think Junko should have let them Watch brainwash vid to make the Kids stay true on their goals bringing despair and Destruction of the World

Killing everyone for Kids happiness Nagito AS Servant
senekohanFeb 25, 2023 5:34 AM
Apr 8, 2023 12:12 PM

Nov 2010
Google it. lmao.
That was a very weird turn of events. If Monaka is telling the truth, who's behind the game?
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Oct 2021
Sorry but as a huge Danganronpa fan, I just did not like this at all. There's so many things wrong with it. Probably the least important, is it feels like Byakuya had a personality change. But at least it can be excused as him just changing over the events of this series.

I hate how Monaca just gave up out of nowhere. It feels like there was so much buildup from UDG to now and then it just ended with a literal fart. I also know that Danganronpa can get ridiculous at times, and suspension of disbelief needs to be had to enjoy it, but this was ridiculous. Monaca giving up just like that after all that effort setting up killing bots, a headquarters, and killed Gekkogahara and built a copy of her, just to give up - was lame. But then she suddenly decided to yeet into outer-space in her van? What is that sh*t? And Toko and Komaru just hangs off the edge from hundreds of feet in the air with no care in the world, while Monaca's spaceship van blasts off. And then they just let go and Komaru uses her gun to zap the monokumas below into setting up a tarp for them to land on? Sorry but that's f*cking stupid. There are just zero stakes by doing something like this.

I'm also pissed Monaca killed Gekkogahara just like that and it's just glossed over like it's nothing. Such a waste of what could've been a good character, and for nothing seeing that Monca just gave up and lives in space now.

Also a huge lack of Kyoko.
SaltyCookieJan 3, 6:55 PM
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

472 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

284 by Nanashi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

280 by Nanashi »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

499 by Nanashi »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

233 by gaymerkid »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.