Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 25, 2016 10:51 AM

May 2016
FragOutFire said:
If dangan ronpa 3 is going to stray away from the murder mystery aspect, or even the mystery of the situation they're in, and is going to focus more on character interactions or drama, it's a shame the future cast is so shallow.

Maybe it was a bad idea to not focus on mysteries in dangan ronpa

If they focus on the mystery right away they risk letting us discover the truth early...Plot twists and truth exposition time are the best parts of any mistery, so they have to make their best to not let us discover the juicy stuff before the endgame...
HyperLJul 25, 2016 11:13 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 25, 2016 10:53 AM

Dec 2015
ASAHINA BAE IS STILL ALIVE THANK GOD.

GOZU IS DEAD, OH FUCK.

But at least we have a couple more Forbidden Actions confirmed

Miaya - Not allowed to turn right

Asahina - Not allowed to be hit with a punch or kick
Jul 25, 2016 10:56 AM
Oct 2015
taynis said:
HAEIUHUAEIHAIEUHAIUEHAIUEHUAEHIHAUHEIUAHEIUAEIHAIUEH
MEGA TROLL WTF ASAHINAAAAAAAAAAAAA! So, that's why she is using just a shirt in the op! (someone called it on the last episode thread, don't remember who). But why they did that to Asahina? To troll Naegi? (and us, of course). I hope there's a meaning to that, even if it is just for DESPAIR.
And Great Gozu was killed. (He is hanging in some chains in the opening, he didn't died exactly like that, but he was hanging in some cords.)
Gekkogahara's FA is that she can't turn right...Not confirmed, since we didn't see it, but them, she didn't WANTED Asahina to touch her in the first episode. Maybe it is just because she is shy, or maybe she is wearing a wig...Who knows.
Asahina's natural enemy is the boxer dude huh. Her FA doesn't go really well with him. I really want to see him dying. PLS MONUKUMA SENPAI I NEVER ASKED ANYTHING D: He wants to kill basically anyone who opposes him and Munakata. Douche.
Red coat guy's FA is pretty much confirmed to be something like "Don't eat". Ruruka and Seiko have some kind of drama going on. Maybe it is a love triangle. THAT WOULD BE SO FUNNY AND STUPID PLEASE DON'T.
IZURUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ç-ç
Munakata *sigh* He is the one who is going to do anything for hope. Even killing everyone. He is a dictator (he will kill anyone who opposes his methods). But I think it is interesting how his and Naegi's approach of hope are so different. Add Nagito to this and them we have three different visions.
Hagakure finally appeared! It LOOKS like he is not working for the traitor or anything, but again, who knows.

NAEGI DON'T DIE PLEASE D:
I don't want Munakata as a MC. He sucks.

Gozu died the same way how Tengan is shown dead in the OP which seemed interesting
Jul 25, 2016 10:57 AM
Oct 2015
This episode was good and the claim the guy had made on the previous thread CAME TRUE, I knew it had a large possibility of happening but I didn't consider the possibility that Gozu would be dead the next second, RIP Bull man, Also Munakata is getting more likable imo, He makes a bit more sense now, though his perception of things is still very warped.

Also I hope Kodaka doesn't go all Attack On Titan on us and trap the story in a place he doesn't know how to get it out of and end up relying on plot conveniences, that's the only thing that could destroy it all.
ResiverenceJul 25, 2016 11:05 AM
Jul 25, 2016 11:02 AM
Oct 2015
FragOutFire said:
Nobody wonders how Gozu died and got strung up so high in a locked room murder.

How someone died, the murder weapon, the time of their deaths, none of those things matter!

You think this is dangan ronpa or something?!

Gekkogahara actually does have the equipment to do that weirdly, We saw similar tentacle-esque wires come out from her wheelchair when she tazed Sakakura
Jul 25, 2016 11:02 AM

Jun 2016
Good episode Though I am really sad that great gozu dies he is one of my favourites characters Well at least Asahina is still alive. I think Munkata Will stop halfway of killing naegi or someone stop him Naegi is not dieng this episode too early.

I hope Juzo dies next episode I am really hate this bastard

Jul 25, 2016 11:04 AM

Jul 2009
Funny thing: none of those students of despair has shown up until now.

I have my doubts if they are really dead.
Jul 25, 2016 11:11 AM

Dec 2013
Sooooooooo... I don't know. I mean, I AM happy that Hina survived, but faking her death... Indeed it was a good troll action but Idk, Gozu's death wasn't so "OHMYGOD" and why the hell the killer did that to Hina? Just to say "HEY NAEGI I CAN KILL HER Y'KNOW"? I didn't get it.

But anyways, why they didn't checked his FA? ):< But okay... And then we got Izayoi and Ruruka being a nice couple and srsly if someone DOESN'T believe that his FA is not something related to "eat", then you're srsly dumb. >D Also HOW THE FUCK SAEKO BECAME A MONSTER LIKE THAT? But... S-She's cute with long hair... A-Also bracers. <___<'

Naegi's speech is always priceless, haha, my hope bae is too good for this world <3 I'm loving Ryota more and more, but when he began to talk about that incident being broadcasted to the world I srsly though he was going to die because of that shadow is his face, but thank god it didn't happen. ;_;

Anddddd we can all assume that Munakata is Lawful Stupid/Hopeful Stupid? Yeah, I think we can. Also someone PLS KILL SAKAKURA FFS, MONOKUMA, I BEG YOU. D:

Also that "Your words can't win against my blade", inb4 in the next epi Naegi shouts "SORE WA CHIGAU YO" and then he REALLY escape Munakata's attack, it would be so fucking funny :'D

Also Scoutman is too good, and >Hagakure can escape bullets.

4/5 this time, but got a plus point because of THAT ONE SCENE when Naegi finds Izuru, so... 5/5 <3

And Miaya is lying about her FA, we didn't see her bracelet, so yeah, I don't believe her.
Jul 25, 2016 11:12 AM

Jan 2016
Jonny_Mhl said:
I have my doubts if they are really dead.

the reason the ff is mad at naegi is because he let them live...
Jul 25, 2016 11:13 AM

Dec 2015
coolyoyo33 said:
taynis said:
HAEIUHUAEIHAIEUHAIUEHAIUEHUAEHIHAUHEIUAHEIUAEIHAIUEH
MEGA TROLL WTF ASAHINAAAAAAAAAAAAA! So, that's why she is using just a shirt in the op! (someone called it on the last episode thread, don't remember who). But why they did that to Asahina? To troll Naegi? (and us, of course). I hope there's a meaning to that, even if it is just for DESPAIR.
And Great Gozu was killed. (He is hanging in some chains in the opening, he didn't died exactly like that, but he was hanging in some cords.)
Gekkogahara's FA is that she can't turn right...Not confirmed, since we didn't see it, but them, she didn't WANTED Asahina to touch her in the first episode. Maybe it is just because she is shy, or maybe she is wearing a wig...Who knows.
Asahina's natural enemy is the boxer dude huh. Her FA doesn't go really well with him. I really want to see him dying. PLS MONUKUMA SENPAI I NEVER ASKED ANYTHING D: He wants to kill basically anyone who opposes him and Munakata. Douche.
Red coat guy's FA is pretty much confirmed to be something like "Don't eat". Ruruka and Seiko have some kind of drama going on. Maybe it is a love triangle. THAT WOULD BE SO FUNNY AND STUPID PLEASE DON'T.
IZURUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ç-ç
Munakata *sigh* He is the one who is going to do anything for hope. Even killing everyone. He is a dictator (he will kill anyone who opposes his methods). But I think it is interesting how his and Naegi's approach of hope are so different. Add Nagito to this and them we have three different visions.
Hagakure finally appeared! It LOOKS like he is not working for the traitor or anything, but again, who knows.

Gozu died the same way how Tengan is shown dead in the OP which seemed interesting

Actually he dies the same way he did in the OP. Tied/chained up.

Also I'm very suspicious of Kizakura. VERY suspicious. His attitude changed a lot. He seems way too laid back for this. And who is "that girl" he has to meet? It can't be any of the FF members. Because he can't meet Kirigiri because she's with Tengan and Ryota. He can't meet Asahina or Miaya because they're hiding. And he can't meet Kimura or Ruruka because they're both about to kill each other. So WHO does he mean? Chisa? Junko? Monaca? Who knows.

Plus I think Munakata has an Izuru vibe about him. I bet he's both Ultimate Hope and Ultimate Despair.
Jul 25, 2016 11:13 AM
Jun 2013
I'm like 80% sure wheelchair girl is going to betray them. Or die. One of the two.

I'm thinking someone faked Asahina's death so the killer would think she was already dead and not kill her.

Jul 25, 2016 11:15 AM

Jul 2012
Just notice that Munakata BROKE THE WINDOW to enter the room Naegi was in...maybe he can't really go through doors.

Jul 25, 2016 11:15 AM

Mar 2011
Well played, Kodaka. That was just great. ;- )

taynis said:

Buuuut Naegi sucks too... Hagakure for new MC!

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Jul 25, 2016 11:17 AM

Jan 2016
ComedySitcom said:
I'm thinking someone faked Asahina's death so the killer would think she was already dead and not kill her.

That doesn't work because Monokuma can see everything and can just alert the killer.
Jul 25, 2016 11:17 AM

May 2016
ComedySitcom said:
I'm like 80% sure wheelchair girl is going to betray them. Or die. One of the two.

But that don't make any sense, the rules say that only one person can wake up at a time and that person can only kill one person...Faking a death for the reason you mentioned is just not possible...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 25, 2016 11:19 AM

Jul 2013
Now that asahina is back I know for a fact she's gonna die forreal now and it's gonna be horrible
Jul 25, 2016 11:21 AM

Jul 2012
Gazer said:
Well played, Kodaka. That was just great. ;- )

taynis said:

Buuuut Naegi sucks too... Hagakure for new MC!

OMG JUST IMAGINE IT! LOL
To tell you the truth Kirigiri's is the best MC for this show. She is probably the only one (trying to) investigating right now u_u
(I like Naeggs tho <3)

AzureAceOfficial said:
coolyoyo33 said:

Also I'm very suspicious of Kizakura. VERY suspicious. His attitude changed a lot. He seems way too laid back for this. And who is "that girl" he has to meet? It can't be any of the FF members. Because he can't meet Kirigiri because she's with Tengan and Ryota. He can't meet Asahina or Miaya because they're hiding. And he can't meet Kimura or Ruruka because they're both about to kill each other. So WHO does he mean? Chisa? Junko? Monaca? Who knows.

Plus I think Munakata has an Izuru vibe about him. I bet he's both Ultimate Hope and Ultimate Despair.

Yeah. He is hanging in the ceiling just like the op. The only difference are the chains.
THAT PART WAS SO SUSPICIOUS. But, who knows who he wants to talk to. Could be anyone really, except Seiko and Ruruka, since he is seeing them. The first one I thought was actually Gekkogahara, because he was suspicious of her. But...there is not much to go by :/
taynisJul 25, 2016 11:25 AM

Jul 25, 2016 11:21 AM
Jun 2013
I thought so too, but I figured there were some NG codes we don't know that might circumvent the rules - we'll just have to wait and find out.

In any case, Aoi's fakeout needs to be explained as soon as possible because that scene felt so cheap - no matter how happy I felt that she was still alive.
Jul 25, 2016 11:22 AM

Sep 2014
So happy my asspull theory happened. Thank you, Kodaka, but don't give me my dose of despair by using Asahina bby. On the flip side, I am also very sad that my hunch of the bull guy getting killed instead of Aoi back then came true. One of the few charas I like from the Mirai cast, especially since he reminded me of Sakura-chan :''(

Now, all I wish for is that Aoi doesn't encounter that damn Boxer because of her risky NG code with him.

Gekkougahara is slowly climbing up my list of adorkable girls. *u* I hope we get to see more of Ryota, too. He reminds me of a fragile DR1 Aoi who believes in hope and doesn't want to fight anyone but is deathly afraid of his situation. Have I found another cinnamon roll prospect?

Lol at Hagakure's bullet dodging skills. Who knew he had it in him?

Looks like Pharmacist and Confectioner got beef with each other but the way the Scout reacted makes me think it's just a catfight they haven't gotten over yet.

And, lastly, Munakata. Boy did I want to punch him in the face when he said that Naegi doesn't know "true despair". He may not have encountered the deeds the Remnants of Despair did in the "outside" but imagine being 15, trapped in a school building with no means of communication, being forced to kill each other to survive and actually having to condemn people you want to trust. Was it not true despair that pushed Maizono to start the killings? Was it not true despair when Ishimaru lost his first friend? Was it not true despair that motivated Celes to remain a cool face despite committing murder? Was it not true despair that made Aoi lose trust in the remaining allies she had due to Sakura's death? I don't know about you, Munakata but the fact that Naegi was able to still believe in hope after all that astounds me so you better tone down that arrogance of yours because despair is still despair in the end and he was the one who defeated Junko not youuuuu. /rant over
Jul 25, 2016 11:27 AM

Dec 2015
Sweetie_Love said:
So happy my asspull theory happened. Thank you, Kodaka, but don't give me my dose of despair by using Asahina bby. On the flip side, I am also very sad that my hunch of the bull guy getting killed instead of Aoi back then came true. One of the few charas I like from the Mirai cast, especially since he reminded me of Sakura-chan :''(

Now, all I wish for is that Aoi doesn't encounter that damn Boxer because of her risky NG code with him.

Gekkougahara is slowly climbing up my list of adorkable girls. *u* I hope we get to see more of Ryota, too. He reminds me of a fragile DR1 Aoi who believes in hope and doesn't want to fight anyone but is deathly afraid of his situation. Have I found another cinnamon roll prospect?

Lol at Hagakure's bullet dodging skills. Who knew he had it in him?

Looks like Pharmacist and Confectioner got beef with each other but the way the Scout reacted makes me think it's just a catfight they haven't gotten over yet.

And, lastly, Munakata. Boy did I want to punch him in the face when he said that Naegi doesn't know "true despair". He may not have encountered the deeds the Remnants of Despair did in the "outside" but imagine being 15, trapped in a school building with no means of communication, being forced to kill each other to survive and actually having to condemn people you want to trust. Was it not true despair that pushed Maizono to start the killings? Was it not true despair when Ishimaru lost his first friend? Was it not true despair that motivated Celes to remain a cool face despite committing murder? Was it not true despair that made Aoi lose trust in the remaining allies she had due to Sakura's death? I don't know about you, Munakata but the fact that Naegi was able to still believe in hope after all that astounds me so you better tone down that arrogance of yours because despair is still despair in the end and he was the one who defeated Junko not youuuuu. /rant over

Actually it's funny that you mention Sakakura. I don't think he's allowed to hit people with punches. I think that's his forbidden action. If you look into it, in the prologue in episode 1, when he, Munakata and Sonosuke were fighting Peko, Nekomaru and Akane, he was using his fists and he punched Naegi, however so far in the Future-Arc. He's not used them once after having his bangle on. He's tried to use a knife on Naegi, knee'd Ryota and tried to throw a chair at Kirigiri.
Jul 25, 2016 11:29 AM

Jul 2016
cant really say that im happy we got trolled... but.. i wonder why the killer did this? i mean, seriously, why did they do that?? even if they tried to scare naegi... why?? this doesnt make any sense to me. too bad gozu died tho..

so izayoi cant accept anything from ruruka right? or maybe from anyone.
speaking of ruruka... because of her fear of getting backstabbed by someone, she will totally get backstabbed.
seemingly it had to do with seiko? i wonder what happened between them.

i hope kouichi gets more focus, currently, im the most interest in him.
also is it just me or does hagakure not wear one of those bracelets?
rutileJul 25, 2016 11:35 AM
Jul 25, 2016 11:32 AM
Oct 2015
AzureAceOfficial said:
coolyoyo33 said:

The wires tied around the stomach made me think it seemed Similar to Tengan's since his death in the op is literally that, Though I guess the chains were shown in the same way tied around his body.
Jul 25, 2016 11:34 AM

Feb 2010
OH MY GOSHHHHHH. Munakata freaking pisses me off.

I hate people who pick out everything that's wrong with someone's beliefs and thinks he's even more superior and just stands there babbling their mouth without even offering a better solution. Sure, it's not wrong to critique other's way of thinking but don't be a jerk about it and belittle people, or worse want to KILL PEOPLE to silence them. Munakata is not wrong. Naegi is naive in the way he sort of foolishly believes in people, in hope without really seeing this in the light of reality where the new world program may have rehabilitated and show that the remnants of despair are capable of being harmless, outside when they return something might trigger that despair again. Munakata is basically questioning Naegi, rightly so, in order to say "you saved them in a program, you found hope in them, you think that this solves the problem...but you don't have ANY evidence that this helps in any way." From what I got in the episode, he's basically saying that the project's goal was unreasonable.

He's absolutely right. HOWEVER. Does that in any way permit him to KILL Naegi? I think Munakata is just an entitled bastard who claims that he listens to other people and their thoughts, but while listening in the back of his mind thinks he's far more capable and sooo much smarter. He doesn't hold a shred of kindness of him from what I see, and he's only mission oriented but that sort of mindset in no way saves the day. If we think about Hope's peak academy, the founders worked so hard to establish a system to sort of collect the geniuses and produce people that change the world...yet how did that goal turn out? Obviously, people were neglected and things didn't go wrong while only focusing on the outcome. Munakata was planning on expanding this sort of an institution in the name of hope. Wouldn't that similarly have brought despair to all parts of the world, and he thought he was doing right. I think Munakta needs to do some reflecting on his OWN way of thinking and realized he isn't any better when he criticizes Naegi for bringing despair and being threatening/dangerous.

I can see why Chisa said they need to work together, since they both have flaws to their way of thinking. Imagine what would be produced if they worked together. Naegi, however, seems unwilling to back down, and Munakata as well. Naegi, however, wants to talk but Munkata just wants to silence him and thinks this will solve the problem.

Neither is completely right, but I believe that Munakata, for drawing his sword in such a situation is entirely in the wrong in how to handle the situation. Rant is not quite over yet. Munakata claims to be a leader, but while Naegi is trying to ACTUALLY make some progress and instill trust in others by sharing his own weakness, Munakata neglects the members of the foundation and goes off doing whatever the hell he wants. How did people tolerate this man for so many years? I'll tell you. He just goes and does whatever he wants, and no one even really knows about it because he feel like he doesn't need permission. He gets things done his OWN way. He pisses me off...and I kind of wrote this right after watching the episode so feels r strong.

/rant finally over lol
EarlCielJul 25, 2016 12:02 PM
Jul 25, 2016 11:38 AM

Jul 2012
The murder scene is so weird. WEEEEEIRD.
Okay, just imagine it. The murderer enters the room (using a door?) or was already in the room (who knows really) and sees everyone sleeping. So he goes and throws ketchup at Asahina's chest and place a fake knife between her boobs. Already weird, but hey, tomato sauce despair thingy.
And then goes and kills Gozu and hangs him in the ceiling...
Why? For what? Why hanging him? @-@ Just stab him and that is it.
I'm so confused.
(And the death discovery music didn't play either. Just like when they found Chisa. So I guess this is not an important hint)
taynisJul 25, 2016 11:44 AM

Jul 25, 2016 11:41 AM

Dec 2015
taynis said:
Okay, just imagine it. The murderer enters the room (using a door?) or was already in the room (who knows really) and sees everyone sleeping. So he goes and throws ketchup at Asahina's chest and place a fake knife between her boobs. Already weird, but hey, tomato sauce despair thingy.
I'm so confused.
(And the death discovery music didn't play either. Just like when they found Chisa. So I guess this is not important hint)

Hanging after murder here seems to be a trend. Stabbing then hanging.
Jul 25, 2016 11:43 AM

Sep 2013
I hope Kirigiri starts explaining some shit and resolves all these bizarre murders. Come on, there was a fucking bull hanging from the ceiling, I need to know those details.

We were trolled with Asahina. But I'm not really surprised, we've been trolled before.

Btw, Gekkougahara's restriction is clearly bullshit.
Jul 25, 2016 11:45 AM

Dec 2015
JDiraz said:
I hope Kirigiri starts explaining some shit and resolves all these bizarre murders. Come on, there was a fucking bull hanging from the ceiling, I need to know those details.

We were trolled with Asahina. But I'm not really surprised, we've been trolled before.

I think that's part of Kirigiri's Forbidden Action, she isn't allowed to tell anyone about clues. I mean she found that Sonosuke's dagger mark had disappeared from the door and told no one. It must be to somehow limit her detective prowess.
Jul 25, 2016 11:50 AM
Oct 2015
One thing that's really confusing is the dead body discovery music, it's only happened twice so far (I believe) Once when the police officers were found then and then when Asahina was found 'dead', why only for those two occasions?
Jul 25, 2016 11:50 AM

Jul 2012
coolyoyo33 said:
One interesting thing was the close-up of Gozu's eye, there was a cut mark there which was very noticeable.

AzureAceOfficial said:

Yeah. I noticed that too. The cut. Maybe he fought back? BUT HOW? We never saw him sleeping but...it would be way too sketchy xD
Hm. Seems like it. But why hanging? By doing that what the culprit is trying to accomplish? Dramatic effect only? XD

Jul 25, 2016 11:54 AM

Jul 2013
theory i posted to tumblr about asahina's seemingly pointless fake death (take into account that this is just from what we know so far so this could end up being way off mark as well):

Jul 25, 2016 11:56 AM

Sep 2013
AzureAceOfficial said:
JDiraz said:

I think that's part of Kirigiri's Forbidden Action, she isn't allowed to tell anyone about clues. I mean she found that Sonosuke's dagger mark had disappeared from the door and told no one. It must be to somehow limit her detective prowess.

That may be a possibility.
But she probably hasn't said anything yet because she clearly doesn't trust Tengan or any of the mayor assholes. She's being cautious and piecing everything together, we don't really know how much she knows, but it doesn't seem like there's been a lot of time to investigate.
Jul 25, 2016 11:57 AM

Dec 2015
taynis said:
coolyoyo33 said:
One interesting thing was the close-up of Gozu's eye, there was a cut mark there which was very noticeable.

AzureAceOfficial said:

Yeah. I noticed that too. The cut. Maybe he fought back? BUT HOW? We never saw him sleeping but...it would be way too sketchy xD
Hm. Seems like it. But why hanging? By doing that what the culprit is trying to accomplish? Dramatic effect only? XD

What if Gozu never even went to sleep to begin with? What if his mask prevented that? What if Gozu was the one who was chosen to be the attacker and killed himself? The possibilities are endless. Plus... That knife... It's back. It's the same one from the opening... And the same one that killed Chisa...
Jul 25, 2016 11:58 AM

Mar 2009
Something's bothering me about Izayoi. This is the second time he refused candies so it seems that's his NG code. But since the pair seems to trust each other 100% wouldn't they have shared their codes?
Also, Monokuma's strangely passive in this game.
Jul 25, 2016 11:58 AM
Mar 2016
During this episode I went from being like HELL YEAH ASAHINA IS ALIVEEE to NOOOOOO WHYY GOZUU WHYYYYY. But getting to see Seiko go mental was kinda great.
Jul 25, 2016 11:59 AM

Dec 2015
JDiraz said:
AzureAceOfficial said:

But she probably hasn't said anything yet because she clearly doesn't trust Tengan or any of the mayor assholes. She's being cautious and piecing everything together, we don't really know how much she knows, but it doesn't seem like there's been a lot of time to investigate.

It's because there's no time TO investigate. Right now it's turning into a "kill or be killed" situation. Sonosuke and Ruruka are fighting Kimura. Naegi is fighting Munakata. Sakakura is fighting Tengan, Kirigiri and Ryota. Kizakura's doing whatever and Asahina and Miaya are hiding.
Jul 25, 2016 12:13 PM

Jul 2012
AzureAceOfficial said:
taynis said:

What if Gozu never even went to sleep to begin with? What if his mask prevented that? What if Gozu was the one who was chosen to be the attacker and killed himself? The possibilities are endless. Plus... That knife... It's back. It's the same one from the opening... And the same one that killed Chisa...

Yeah! Junko's and Monokuma's faces are on these knifes on the opening. Maybe we can expect more stabbing.
Hmmmmm. But, the game is over if nobody dies, right? So, if he was the attacker...he could just stay still and game over to Monokuma. Why he would kill himself, allowing the game to go on? And then he would be the one who staged Asahina's murder too...I don't know. I think he was killed.
But, there is indeed a lot of possibilities and Naeggs didn't really care much about the murder, what makes kinda hard to speculate :(

Jul 25, 2016 12:14 PM

Mar 2013
Terrible. Would've much preferred Gozu to stay alive over fucking Asahina.
Jul 25, 2016 12:16 PM

Oct 2012
Glad Asahina didn't die, she's such a qt, although that NG code is worrying me, I fear that she'll die later and then I'll be crying on the floor in DESPAIR
Xenys said:
- Everybody got Miaya's NG Code wrong, and I am deathly afraid Juzo will kill Asahina with that NG Code.

I'm sorry but how do you know they mistook her NG code? Is there a source that you're referencing?

Glad Kyouko is still an awesome character~
Seems like she suspects Tengan due to his unworried attitude, good observation
Oudissy said:
Naegi is Fate route Shirou and Munakata Kiritsugu.
Lol so true
JizzyHitler said:
We got played like a god damn fiddle, its kind of an asspull but whatever im happy a character i like is still alive so ill let it slide as long as the knife gets addressed

My theory is there is no single attacker and it instead cycles between participants that they must kill or the poison releases, gozu may of been the attacker of that round and tried to fake killing asahina but failed and got killed himself.
That's actually a really cool and interesting theory, nice thinking!
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jul 25, 2016 12:23 PM

Jan 2016
I'm torn between being mad at Asahina's fake death and being happy that she survived. What a cruel joke. So I guess Kodaka isn't going with the 'anyone can die' trope if none of the recurring characters are going to die. Alright. I'm okay with that.

On another note, I really liked Naegi and Munakata's showdown at the end. Their opposing ideas of what hope really is makes the show much more interesting for me. Good episode overall!
Jul 25, 2016 12:24 PM

Mar 2011
taynis said:
I'm so confused.
(And the death discovery music didn't play either. Just like when they found Chisa. So I guess this is not an important hint)

What if murderer's restricted action is that other people can't see dead body before seeing other alive person?

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Jul 25, 2016 12:24 PM

Jan 2016
JDiraz said:

gekkogahara deploys cables from her chair. they're in a locked room murder and gozu is found hanging in cables

did gekkogahara kill gozu?
Jul 25, 2016 12:29 PM

Apr 2010
Making Asahina look dead was completely pointless. What if she got up earlier?
At that moment when Kirigiri asked Mitarai "can I see your forbidden action?" he looked so terrified, I suspect that his forbidden action is to not be negative or not to fall to despair or something.
Also, at this point I suspect the killer is either Munakata or Sakakura. But mostly Sakakura.
Jul 25, 2016 12:36 PM

Dec 2015
Y'know. I never actually noticed it till now. But I found it so odd that Asahina wasn't wearing her suit and tights in the opening, and is instead wearing her tank top and shorts. But now it makes sense, it was fore-shadowing to the fact that she'd survive.
Jul 25, 2016 12:47 PM

Sep 2013
FragOutFire said:
JDiraz said:

gekkogahara deploys cables from her chair. they're in a locked room murder and gozu is found hanging in cables

It would be kind of an ass-pull if that chair can do so much shit. But I guess it's possible.

Did they show whether the door was forced open or not? Gozu did barricade it, but I don't recall them mentioning anything after they woke up. I think someone did break through, otherwise Naegi should be clearly suspecting Gekkougahara.

She is suspicious as fuck, but I can't think of her as the traitor. Didn't she design the Neo World Program? Why would she be against Naegi now? Maybe she knows some shit, but isn't directly the traitor. She hacked the system and got a map of the building, she may have learned something else.
Jul 25, 2016 12:49 PM

Dec 2015
JDiraz said:
FragOutFire said:

It would be kind of an ass-pull if that chair can do so much shit. But I guess it's possible.

Did they show whether the door was forced open or not? Gozu did barricade it, but I don't recall them mentioning anything after they woke up. I think someone did break through, otherwise Naegi should be clearly suspecting Gekkougahara.

She is suspicious as fuck, but I can think of her as the traitor. Didn't she design the Neo World Program? Why would she be against Naegi now? Maybe she knows some shit, but isn't directly the traitor. She hacked the system and got a map of the building, she may have learned something else.

What I want to know is why the hell is there a huge gaping hole in the ceiling when there wasn't before and how the hell did Gozu get up there?
Jul 25, 2016 12:56 PM

Feb 2015
LMAO XD Great troll right there in the intro. freaking got trolled so hard. i seriously thought Ashahina died last time in the previous episode but lol xD nice one xD

Overall, it was a damn! episode xD thrill and mystery always filling up the atmosphere of the show which what i really like about danganronpa. I wonder who will be the one saving naegi at the end of the episode XD it just needs 3 episode to kill 3 person. shit is still getting real xD
Jul 25, 2016 1:07 PM

Feb 2015
Whoop, Asahina's still with us!
Some interesting developments with the forbidden actions, I'm really curious about what Kirigiri's is.
I can't even take a guess about why Asahina's death was faked, the only reason I can think of (assuming that no one else was awake when they were all asleep) is that Asahina is the traitor and used the fake death as a means of making herself look like an innocent victim. Although, I really cant see her being anything other than a good person, guess we'll have to wait and see.
Jul 25, 2016 1:11 PM
Jul 2016
Ice_Flow said:
Also something else I noticed is although the wheelchair girl says she cannot go in a certain direction due to the rules, we didn't get to see her bracelet at all that would say such a thing. It could mean that it's false information, though I doubt it and totally love her adorableness. But still have a inkling feeling that she can actually walk, and is fully responsible for the monobear situation.

so basically, Miaya is Monaka?
Jul 25, 2016 1:12 PM

Mar 2011
This was EXTREMELY interesting in its own right.
Some points:

1/Aoi can be seen as two things, beside the plot twist factor. Either
1/ A joke. Someone with a twister humor
2/ A warning. More accurately a warning directed at both Naegi and Aoi.

This rules out a few of the characters as the killers, annd made other way more suspicious.

2/Mitarai:
Aoi would INDEED have died in the SECOND episode without him. Foor some reason, him, who is shown as being a Naegi 2.0 (or rather, 3.0) went against the ultimate boxer to save Aoi. If "ope" is his leading theme, it is rather strange for him to do this for Aoi but not for Makoto. He would be bothered by anyone hitting anyone, not by a man hitting a "probably stronger than Makoto) girl. Except if he knew the content of Aoi's action; which leads back to point 1.

Munakata isn't that surprising; he isn't an asshole from the very start and probably not the killer; just a failed pragmatst. But his ideal seems to be "A hope without the power to accomplish it will only bring an even stronger despair ( = hell). Which kind of make sense. I'm sure everyone else have already seen theses "hope spot" just to discover that it's impossible which makes the thing even harder. He's still doing it in a bad way though. This may SEEMS logical but he's missing too many datas about how humans work.

Aoi is certainly either safe until the end, or will die in the same way but for real this time. Either would work and make sense.

At the very least this clears the great Gozu suspicion and show that YES you can be a good guy and not the culprit in DR. Seems obvious if you did the two games but well.

We get the asspull that Aoi's still alive... Okay. What was the point of that?

See earlier. Tons and tons of reasons. The question is why theses reasons come to be; in other wordsthe killer's motivation.
Let's take Mitarai as an easy example; could be anyone else but it's for the example becaue it's easy with him. A warning for her not to play dumb like in the second ep.

If we take Aoi as a warning, the killer obviously want to """"protect"""" Makoto in some way or for some purpose (of course this purpose can also be to make him suffer); something Mnakata probably isn't COMPLETELY wrong about but he is applying it in the wrong way which is why him and Naegi are perfectly complementary. He could have killed anyone (the question would rather be why he chose Gozu) but he DIDN'T kill Aoi. If the goal was to destro Makoto's sanity this would have been the obvious choice but he takes the other one that protected Naegi instead.

The reason could also be that the killer wants to "keep things among FF people" and let the 3 others out. Which wouled make the old guy suspicious this time even if it doesn't explain what happened with Aoi.

this picture existed before the episode even aired. nobody expected gozu to live, but I think it was a mistake. He was the only one we kind of liked from the Future cast. We got to know him only for a few minutes and liked him just a bit before he got killed. Now we're just left with a bunch of stupid assholes that no one really likes.

It's a no win situation. A lot of people suspected that he was the killer just because of this, sooo, at least it cleared things up.

this picture existed before the episode even aired. nobody expected gozu to live, but I think it was a mistake. He was the only one we kind of liked from the Future cast. We got to know him only for a few minutes and liked him just a bit before he got killed. Now we're just left with a bunch of stupid assholes that no one really likes.

The interesting question ould rather be whether this was an automated helicopter or not. If it isn't and Monokuma doesnn't have 10 000 people with him and only some super students, I don't see a lot of them that would be able to use one, maybe Mukuro but that's it, has there been any driving-related SHSL?

I'd argue that the boxer dude probably didn't expect to kill Kirigiri. His face doesn't look like it compared to the last eps.

then munakata and naegi have a nonsense conversation spotted with despair and hope. munakata coulda just said, you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette or something to get his point across instead of sounding like an edgelord

That NOT the reason, that'sthe CONSEQUENCE of the reason. And why he sees akoto (who he more or less recognize as hope right now) as scary and that there's "something worse than killing each other". Basically, hope is scary. Ifyou're prepared for bad things you can deal with it, if you think you live in a carebear world... Yeah not so much.
Munakata's speech is surprisingly good, he just doesn't apply it in a good way. Which is funny for a rationnal-wannabe.

See earlier. Honestly most people will just dismiss it as troll or because they're too happy but I think it's the most important part of the ep. You can remove the "she survived because she protected Naegi"because of Gozu, but to DESPAIIIIR Naegi she would have been WAY more effective than Gozu. There's something fishy in this and the mastermind could very well think he's a "good guy".

Can we actually measure our emotions? How can you say that "my despair is bigger than yours"? We are all humans, we can only understand what a person has gone through, but not feel the significance of what that event had for that person. For Munakata too actually say to Naegi who witnessed the death of his friends, trapped in a place where they were forced to kill each other that he hasn't felt true despair...honestly didn't think his arrogance could be that big.

Rationally speaking, yes. If despair = absence of hope, then Munakata is right. In the first game, as I already said, Junko was mainly playing by her own rules to the very end except when Sakura and Kirigiri both "cheated" and broke the "rules" together. You still have said rules to give yourself a hope for winning. A game without rules isn't a game anymore. And real life doesn't have theses rules, it's the point of this speech. He doesn't see things as "emotions" but more like probabilities and regarding this he IS right; they had the rules to trust into back then (when is quite the irony becaue in the first game Kirigiri trashed Naegi for believing more in the rules and Monokuma than her; however she wasn't "right" either because without Alter Ego, Naegi WOULD have died so she wasn't "right" either)

They definitely did that to Asahina to scare Naegi. It's a statement "I can kill you and your friends right now, but I won't because I want to see you suffer." It's probably why they killed Chisa in the first episode instead of Naegi.

Exactly. which also shows that he doesn't have a deep hatred for him like the boxer dude (who no matter how much of an ashole he is still hates him because of the ALLIES that died because of him).
It's either that, or it's the DR way of saying "shut up and let me do the dirty work" which works pretty well though and put the "hope" characters under suspicion instead.

They definitely did that to Asahina to scare Naegi. It's a statement "I can kill you and your friends right now, but I won't because I want to see you suffer." It's probably why they killed Chisa in the first episode instead of Naegi.

To be fair the time limit probably wouldn't be a problem for Kiri. For the other ones, certainly, but Kiri is... well... Kiri. But she hasn't been investigating since the beginning and even in this episode it was cut short although for once she wanted to do it. So there's probably a reason for this.

Because he can't meet Kirigiri because she's with Tengan and Ryota. He can't meet Asahina or Miaya because they're hiding. And he can't meet Kimura or Ruruka because they're both about to kill each other. So WHO does he mean? Chisa? Junko? Monaca? Who knows.

The character can easily be separated from others by the time they meet though.

Actually it's funny that you mention Sakakura. I don't think he's allowed to hit people with punches. I think that's his forbidden action. If you look into it, in the prologue in episode 1, when he, Munakata and Sonosuke were fighting Peko, Nekomaru and Akane, he was using his fists and he punched Naegi, however so far in the Future-Arc. He's not used them once after having his bangle on. He's tried to use a knife on Naegi, knee'd Ryota and tried to throw a chair at Kirigiri.

Pretty sharp. Which is by extending this YET another way to directly protect Aoi from the one that is the most likely to go punching everyone.

She never directly investigated bodies on screen for now and most importantly doesn't seem that bothered with Naegi's whereabouts except for one scene in this episode. This is strange in its own right; Seeing Yuki's body and how she died exactly could have been a huge help (example; if she had strangling marks, it would make Miaya way less suspicious)

...the mask...? The ring they use definitely work by INJECTING poison otherwise anyone close to Bandai would have suffered at least a bit from it, too, so it's not by smell. Gozu being chosen imply that there is many attackers; nothing so far goes in this way, there is A traitor; note the A.

If dangan ronpa 3 is going to stray away from the murder mystery aspect, or even the mystery of the situation they're in, and is going to focus more on character interactions or drama, it's a shame the future cast is so shallow.

Maybe it was a bad idea to not focus on mysteries in dangan ronpa

...What are you talking about? It's the most mystery-oriented DR so far; in fact it's the one that works the most like a traditionnal detective fiction. It's the other ones that were way too obvious/easy about it. a mystery requires analysis and eliminating possibilities based on data; something we get constantly for now. It's way more of a "pure" mystery than DR1 or DR2.

Just as Nagi says; forbidden rules are not always a bad thing. He uses it to open himself to other peoples, but it is also the BEST alibi one can find.

Also, Mitaraii is strange regarding this. He's basically a failed Naegi. Talking about hope and trusting each other, but unable to follow up with his FA like Naegi does. For someone "normal" it's the rationnal thing to do; E.g. his talk with Kirigiri; but if he really was a carebear hope-lover overflowing with trust it wouldn't be a problem.

JDiraz said:
FragOutFire said:

She is suspicious as fuck, but I can't think of her as the traitor. Didn't she design the Neo World Program? Why would she be against Naegi now? Maybe she knows some shit, but isn't directly the traitor. She hacked the system and got a map of the building, she may have learned something else.

If gozu did it, we can assume that it probably needed a good physical strenght and it would have been obvious to see Naegi and the others struggling. The question is how the hell the culprit went in from the outside, then, and this even surprised Naegi.

What I want to know is why the hell is there a huge gaping hole in the ceiling when there wasn't before and how the hell did Gozu get up there?

Didn't notice it, will rewatch. Maybe it happened the same way Gozu saved Naegi in ep2 for added irony, from the ceiling? Like when Gozu destroyed the floor?
willardhwrightJul 25, 2016 1:18 PM
Jul 25, 2016 1:16 PM
Jun 2014
Ice_Flow said:
Also something else I noticed is although the wheelchair girl says she cannot go in a certain direction due to the rules, we didn't get to see her bracelet at all that would say such a thing. It could mean that it's false information, though I doubt it and totally love her adorableness. But still have a inkling feeling that she can actually walk, and is fully responsible for the monobear situation.

Yeah I went back to episode 2 and at about the halfway point of the episode she turns slightly to the right. Not sure how severe of a right turn it has to be, but still.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

472 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

236 by SaltyCookie »»
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

284 by Nanashi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

499 by Nanashi »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

233 by gaymerkid »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.