Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 2, 2016 6:25 AM

Jun 2015
Great Gozu was my favorite new character :( glad Asahina is alive tho. Kimura is hot in monster form
Aug 6, 2016 7:05 AM
Mar 2012
hahaha whole episode was funny. Aoi trolled by someone but no reason. Spent no time investigating the closed room murder. Traitor possible entry from ceiling hole, or Miaya, or less likely Gozu killed himself.
Miaya getting shady, cute interaction, but she's most suspicious in that room, not showing bracelet, possible ng code lie, she turned right a bit in someone's gif, tries too hard to become friends even "soul mates" when she can't even let Aoi touch her head.
Nice to explain Makoto's reason for protecting despair people (so they don't require us to know D2 it seems), and this New world program thingy.
Words vs blade, lol both spewing idealistic crap.
Kimura goes mental then monster.
Scout has a secret date.
Animator so emo it hurts.
Kirigiri lol after "huge softie" speak of the devil Makoto just talked.
Not many comedies this season so this is serving well.
Aug 16, 2016 11:35 AM

Nov 2015
Woah Asahina didn't die! The trolling! Rip Great Gozu, he was a good character.

Aug 16, 2016 9:34 PM

Jun 2015
So I just now am getting caught up and OH MY GOSH I THOUGHT AOI WAS DEAD THIS WHOLE TIME. But it turned out to be the bull dude! I was COMPLETELY fooled, I should've known they'd pull something like that.

We got a bit of fanservice from Aoi though, just Jesus Christ how do you get those type of boobs? I also completely forgot about Yasuhiro being trapped outside of the building xD

I still hate how Munataka is thinking. I understand he's suffering from the death of his waifu and that'd make you a little out of it but Jesus Christ he's going insane. Don't even let me mention creepy mask girl, what the hell was in that weird weed she put in her mouth?
Aug 17, 2016 5:49 PM

Mar 2014
Oh, so Asahina wasn't dead after all? That shithead Kodaka trolled me, fuck you for being such a brilliant troll

And nooo RIP bull guy

Munataka (and that other dude) is such an insufferable fgt, I get that he's upset over his waifu's death but I don't see how it's Naegi's fault
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 20, 2016 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
I know I'm kinda later but holy shit, I fucking hate Juzo so much, a bit towards Kyousuke but it's understandable from what he's saying, since this is no longer the usual games that Makoto used to play. There are no rules set for him in comparison, this is just free for all or at least in the killing act. No class trials, nothing much to protect them, very very limited things here. Surely he has a perspective of how true despair is to him.

Btw, the biggest troll of the year has to go for this episode xD I fucking fell for it, GG Kodaka.
Sep 9, 2016 6:23 AM

Jul 2013
What's the point of the tomato sauce and the toy knife? It's either Asahina is the traitor or there's a deeper meaning to it.

Also screw that despair shit. If my life is threatened I don't care if you're the traitor or not I'll kill you. Someone kill that guy with the sword and the boxer guy. Fucking assholes.
Sep 13, 2016 5:41 PM
Dec 2014
Can't believe they did that, but thank god she isn't dead.
Yu Narukami needs to calm down
Oct 18, 2016 10:35 PM

Oct 2014
Didn't expect Asahina to actually be alive, but wouldn't be surprised if she ends up dying later, either from being killed during sleep time or from her bracelet. Don't know what the point of the tomato sauce and fake knight was for from the traitor's perspective. Too bad the guy in the mask died, he seemed like a good character. Definitely suspicious of the timid guy with Kirigiri, the old guy with Kirigiri, and the girl in the wheelchair with Asahina and Makoto the most right now.
Nov 8, 2016 6:55 PM

May 2012
Quite nice development, up to the next episode of the despair arc!
Dec 10, 2016 5:44 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
few action and mistery and much words ... a little boring episode :(
Dec 23, 2016 4:30 AM

Mar 2015
Interesting how there are some ties to the Zetsubou-hen while watching them simultaneously!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 3, 2017 6:56 PM

Sep 2015
Thank God Aoi wasn't dead man. That would have been too much. Cow man's dead though. He seemed a little suspicious. But also too ridiculous to be that important. Just noticed this time the OP seems to show every character's death or at least a death scare. Kind of interesting. I don't remember their names but the leader of the future foundation. And his old buddy who was head of security at hope's peak. They really suck, was kind of hoping one of them would turn up dead. His line at the end to the effect of "too bad this isn't a classroom trial" was pretty funny though. And possibly suspicious.
Apr 24, 2017 10:23 AM

Feb 2015
- I can't believe this, they killed Asahina which ended up being a troll then killed the coolest guy instead... meh. Should've killed that prick instead, the boxer.

- Urgh, looks like it's really set after DR2, then that means everything I wrote about it not being set after DR2 is moot, which also means some of the remnants... meh. I don't know what's going to happen anymore, apart from none has plot armour.

- That braces girl, name and talent (scout I think) I forgot is intriguing.
Apr 27, 2017 1:05 PM

Apr 2017
Great episode!
RIP Gozu
NOT RIP AOI YAY
Munakata has dem sword skills
And the cliffhanger ending tho... ._.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2017 3:32 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
rip bull guy, you were a hero! a real bull!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 29, 2017 4:20 AM

Dec 2012
Aoi!
OMG! She's alive? WTF!!!!
Gozu is dead.
Aoi oppai jiggle.
LMAO at Makoto realizing Miaya's forbidden action.
Aoi's forbidden action. Ryouta saved her from Sakakura..
Soul mates.
lol at Yasuhiro.
Dat flashback. Makoto found Izuru.
lol at Ruruka saying no one likes the Seiko.
Dem braces.
Who threw that chair at Kyouko? Dat Kyouko body on the floor.
It was Sakakura. You bastard. Dat Kyouko booty.
Kyousuke found Makoto.
Dat ending.

So glad Aoi is alive. Can't believe they made me feel zetsubou. Don't do that again.
RobDec 29, 2017 7:14 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 2, 2018 3:39 PM

Sep 2011
Thanks God, Aoi is alive. But poor Gozu, he was the best new character.

Kyosuke and the boxer guy are really idiots. I hope that one of them be the next victim.

I really laughed when Miaya made a 270º to turn the corner.
Feb 23, 2019 8:33 AM

Jun 2017
Finished the third Future Arc episode

-at first i was like "DAMN! This is the biggest troll moment ever XD" then i was like "wait... OH F***!!!". I have to say, that was some masterful execution right there (pun unintended). Poor Great Gozu. My favorite character :'(

-been thinking for awhile,is the wheelchair girl really crippled? we have seen no evidence of that at all,and we dont know her back story. there is a possibility that she isnt. however,i doubt it as i dont think the author will pull a trick that was used in the most recent game again

-so far every forbidden action we have seen is extremely dangerous. that trend will most likely continue unfortunately. also, asahina is pretty much guaranteed to die for real at some point now with that forbidden action :(.

-that move by Naegi is REALLY stupid. it is literally the last thing any sane person would have done in that situation.he would have been dead in a second after announcing that if he didnt have plot armor. i am curious about how he managed to escape after the end of this episode though. probably docked or blocked the sword with something.

-the "Zombie Werewolf Pharmacist" bit was pretty funny XD. although as a pharmacist myself i am somewhat pissed off that our "Ultimate Representation" in DR is that thing >_>

-so the scout said he is "going to meet that girl", and Hagakure is obviously outside the game (and is utterly useless lol. bloody damn XD),which means the number of survivors doesnt match what we know.
conclusion: Monaca is the 16th survivor. not sure what her role is though: monokuma operator,murderer, or a third option. afterall, if the translation is correct, monokuma said the murderer is "a betrayer". Thus, Monaca shouldnt be the murderer,as she was the enemy from the beginning not a betrayer. she could be the operator and the scout the traitor,but somehow i feel like this is too obvious. so i am not certain what her role precisely is.

-was the argument between Naego and sword dude aired via the telecom system? i hope it did,as it exposes both their personalities perfectly,but the anime made it look like it didnt,so i am not certain.

overall,i enjoyed this future episode FAR more than i enjoyed the previous two. hopefully the quality continues to improve :)
Jun 17, 2019 11:38 PM

Dec 2018
this show is making a joke of what nobility used to mean.
even now we have tech giants and food conglomerates and here we have an issue with nobiliity? sorry frens but the west has died. many of you think capitalism is the fault. well, sure, a little. I won't say the rest. Nobility is not a bad thing: prove me wrong.
Jun 21, 2019 6:29 AM

Feb 2018
I think Asahina was die lol :)
Jul 14, 2019 3:02 PM

Oct 2017
Wow fake knife
Great Gozu is dead ;-(
Idk why those bastards want kill Naegi and her friends
Oct 12, 2019 2:56 PM

Jun 2019
ErnaGhoul said:
Damn, I though Asahina really died.
Munakata is a dick, I hate his ideology.

Agreed.

I'm glad Aoi's still alive, I'd hate to see one of the og characters kick the bucket. I though Gozu killed Hina in the last episode, but it was actually him who died. From what I saw, Kyouko seems to suspect that old guy. I wonder who was really responsible.
Jun 5, 2020 5:08 PM

Jun 2016
At first I was incredibly frustrated that Hina lived. I hate cliffhanger fake out deaths with a passion. You’re telling me I saw a major character die, watched an episode of Despair arc, took a break, and came back only to find out I was given false information for a cheap thrill? I’m sure the state she was in will be relevant, but it’s irritating to end an episode like that. I’m okay if you reveal in the same episode that it wasn’t a true death, and maybe this is a personal issue for me because I should follow the rule that before even attempting to take something seriously I wait an episode. In fact I will start to do that. Beyond that, this case is especially egregious for me because the bull mask man was the expected death, he was a cool, strong, ally but he was new and expendable, so to have him die or betray is the go-to. Killing a major cast member from the series early on is also a somewhat common choice to grip the audience emotionally and give them a personal reason to power through the story from the get go. But that method is far more shocking than potentially killing the guy I don’t care about and in this case we had the interesting and shocking revoked immediately after tricking us, or at least me, to then return to the expected and, now because it’s so much less exciting than dead Hina, boring.

However, I wouldn’t write this post purely for that grievance. Instead, I wanted to write because I immediately forgave such a cheap move. I was wondering why Hina was wearing a suit because a part of her appeal aesthetically and character-wise is her huge boobs! They are a defining part of her look and they go to amplify her lack of self confidence when it comes to being girly. I seriously noted that it was an odd choice to cover them up. So to see her remove her shirt and reveal her boobs once more had me clap and laugh, the fake out death was an excuse to bring out our two favorite girls. Good one, I honestly applaud such a specific excuse to give us what we want!

And since I’m already here, I’d like to say that the game of mafia they are playing is super fun already but the limitations each person has are super freaking fun too. They remind me of Battle Royale, how every person gets a random weapon and some are garbage and some are overpowered. It restricts the kind of play and style someone can partake in. Further, by not being something additive but rather something diminishing, it reminds me of the Fukumoto-written manga “Confession”. It physically cripples and hurts the actors in the game and in that way makes human conflict a game of weighing one’s ability over another's. Hiding weaknesses and fighting in ways that defend yours and hinder the opponents. I want to stress that this anti-shounen strategy is a favorite of mine because it’s making these strategic and rule filled battles take place in the world of humans in a tangible way and that’s just rad to me. Of course, it blends the weakness oriented strategy with the additive, strength oriented strategy including super cool katana wielders and transforming monster girls too.

So basically, for the Monomi girl to presumably fake out Makoto and Hina by hilariously making 180’s instead of turning directly and eventually learning their weaknesses, but never showing hers explicitly on her braceclet is really cool on her part and stupid on Hina and Makoto’s part. I can’t see any possibility other than her abusing their weaknesses while giving them her fake achilles heel. Yeah this is rad!!!
Sep 6, 2020 12:13 PM

May 2020
They are keep attack each other. Naegi meet with the white hair guy, I don't like him. He think Naegi just playing around. Who should suicide is the white hair guy.
Dec 10, 2020 10:00 AM

Aug 2020
Yesss, it was a fake death! Is that why the blood was red? Or is that just the style of this anime? I miss the pink blood T_T
Dec 31, 2020 12:20 PM
Dec 2015
the NERVE of munakata to say that naegi hasnt seen "true despair"... when he said that shit i actually got mad

hes literally explaining naegis trauma *to* him... bro i fucking hate this guy what the fuck holy shit
Feb 24, 2023 8:25 AM
Jul 2015
Local White hair Man said no talk no jutsu and games trial here

My woman and power way important 💀🐸🤣 junko laughing her ass from hell

That Rotten pink and yellow Guy horny bitch cunt should both died in torture gruesome way
Apr 8, 2023 8:45 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, that's an interesting twist. Well, I'm glad the waifu didn't die. Also, Asahina is so hot in that tank top.
Oct 2, 2023 10:16 PM

May 2023
this is cool and all but WHERE IS BYAKUYA?? LET ME SEE HIM!! oh also Toko too i guess...
Dec 12, 2023 9:46 AM
Apr 2014
Nice bait and switch. How about you don't fucking do that again? Goddamn cliffhangers to provoke outrage. Interesting that they killed someone inside Naegis room anyway. This only leaves the shy girl as suspect which doesn't seem plausible either. So someone broke in and killed him despite them all being quite far away from each other and mostly locked-in as well.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

472 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

236 by SaltyCookie »»
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

284 by Nanashi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

499 by Nanashi »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

233 by gaymerkid »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.