Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 25, 2016 5:55 PM
Oct 2015
So... Asahina escapes death for some unknown reason. So the killer plays with both Naegi and Asahina but kills Gozu. Yay. Took a scene that filled us with despair and instead gave us hope at another's expense. Though her forbidden action seems realllly dangerous. Even if she blocks an oncoming attack, I would assume it would still trigger the bracelet.

So... Gozu could still be alive as we never got to see what was under his mask, and we don't know his forbidden action either... great.

Munakata still spouting nonsense and trying to kill Naegi. Seriously, how is one of the leaders of the Future Foundation such an a-hole? He acts all high-and-mighty yet his answer to the situation is to murder fellow members of hope until they, through luck, find the "traitor" (which may or may not exist, may be switching from kill to kill, or maybe there are even multiple traitors). Him and Sakakura just need to die so the others can figure this all out on their own.

So the two girls are fighting for some unknown reason, one of them accuses the other of creating the poison (my suspicion as well), and then all hell breaks loose.

If the Future Foundation has people like these guys leading it... I'm starting to question who the real good guys are XD.
Jul 25, 2016 6:11 PM

Jan 2015
Our donut goddess is alive! I hope Sakukara gets what's coming for throwing a chair at kyouko, dick move.

When Munakata said to stop his blade with words, I was secretly hoping for Naegi to shoot out some truth bullets >_>.
Jul 25, 2016 6:20 PM

Jul 2015
That previous misleading cliffhanger was so fuckin' cruel. Screw you, Lerche!

Jul 25, 2016 7:11 PM

Jul 2012
Munakata is just being dumb, in my opinion. What he says is not wrong (it is a little bit hypocritical and dictatorial), because yeah Naegi is a lot naive. In real life things don't work like in the games. Naegi took a really HUGE RISK with the Remnants of Despair. He is not wrong. Outside of the actual situation. Because NOW they are inside a game. With rules. That they should figure out. It is not a Class Trial BUT IT IS A FREAKING GAME DUMB DUMB.
Okay then, just kill Naegi and if that doesn't work? He will kill everyone?
And that is why I'm so frustrated with him.

(And saying that Naegi doesn't know true despair, oh well, ENOSHIMA JUNKO WOULD BE SO PROUD OF YOU. I totally can see her saying exactly the same thing. I mean, who are you? The SHSL DESPAIR SOMMELIER? "Oh this is despair, this not so despair" yuck)

Anyway, I expected more from this character...Still not the end, maybe he will show more rationality, but man.

Ah, I found some nice insight on Munakata's beliefs, so sharing with you guys:
http://honerablerosemary.tumblr.com/post/147973839283/regarding-munakatas-worldview
I agree with a lot of things there. I don't thing he is in the wrong, he is in the wrong moment. Just that. And using the wrong approach.
taynisJul 25, 2016 7:27 PM

Jul 25, 2016 7:16 PM

Dec 2015
Asahina should have stayed dead. her "death" was a signal that no one was safe. But, now it just feels like the orgianals have plot armor. I would still be sad but, now I hope she dies. although knowing Kodaka, there was proboly a point. Why would the attacker fake Asahina's death? On top of that on a scale of 1 to 10 I belive the likleyhood of Juzo killing her is 11.
Jul 25, 2016 7:27 PM
Nov 2015
willardhwright said:
nobody199 said:
"Rationally speaking, yes. If despair = absence of hope, then Munakata is right. In the first game, as I already said, Junko was mainly playing by her own rules to the very end except when Sakura and Kirigiri both "cheated" and broke the "rules" together. You still have said rules to give yourself a hope for winning. A game without rules isn't a game anymore. And real life doesn't have theses rules, it's the point of this speech. He doesn't see things as "emotions" but more like probabilities and regarding this he IS right; they had the rules to trust into back then (when is quite the irony becaue in the first game Kirigiri trashed Naegi for believing more in the rules and Monokuma than her; however she wasn't "right" either because without Alter Ego, Naegi WOULD have died so she wasn't "right" either)"

Don't quite understand: life and games are always full of probabilities, for me, this creates despair, because there is no certainty that you can survive. The rules didn't give any kind of hope, simply because it beats the purpose of the story, it wasn't Naegi who gave them hope it was the "rules" as you say.
So what exactly is true despair? Don't people always compare life as one big game, everyone can lose, everyone can win, there are no rules that can give people certainty that they will win in life, MORE IMPORTANT, what importance would be hope if you know you are gonna win? I moved on from Munakata weak, but very possible logic( you are right about that I admit it), this is about his arrogance, about the fact that he puts his pain above others and that by always being the sucefull at almost everything he does he thinks he is above others. See the despair arc episode 2, to know what I'm saying, there is a part where he says to Chisa: "everyone would have failed, but I'm not everyone". There isn't true despair, FOR ME, despair is despair and it's significance depends of the person, for Munakata it is no different, he must have suffered a lot the poor guy I am not denying it, but to measure himself with Naegi its a bit too much, maybe even some kind of jealousy from him.

Exactly. LIFE is. A game however has set rules. That's the very difference and what Munakata is talking about. You usually don't risk your life getting stabbed on a soccer field; it can happen but you don't GO on it expecting this. So you still have something to hope for; the opposing team isn't supposed to have a murderer in it. Real life though doesn't have such rules.

Life doesn't have rule; Monokuma's game definitely had them. He didn't murder ²everyone just for fun and junko even killed herself in the end (although this was actually a BAD thing since it means giving her what SHe wants; keeping her alive after nullifying her threat level would have been a better move and a real "hope" one).

He sees himself as a rational, that's really it. Hence why he seems to think so highly of himself. I use seems because, remember that he doubted himself even before Yukizome's death, so it's more than likely that it is a facade because people wouldn't follow a weak-willed leader. When he's alone, things are indeed quite different.

Despair being subjective is a false argument. It works but then you cannot say anything about anything. When you have to actually DO things you need to draw a line somewhereor you'll be struggling forever; that's what law is for IRL too, maybe this guy suffered more than anyone else can imagine because his woman cheated on him, maybe it was SO bad that it could be compared to a murder, it still doesn't make murdering someone ok. Accompllishing things includes drawing a line and he draws his based on logical reasoning. Although flawed one because he's ignoring way too much data for it to work.

To put it in another way, it's "easy" to survive even in hell if you know you're getting food tomorrow. It's harder if you don't even know if you will get food tomorrow. While both are bad, one is worse because it includes the first + another bad thing added. Naegi still had the class trials to defend himself or others. People outside didn't have anything.

Both of them are wrong in the end. munakata is definitely narrow-minded, but Naegi definitely believes too much in words without really backing it up. Giving hope to people without having the power to back it up just creates a false security that makes everything even worse afterward. that's probably the point of the whole thing.
Boh are lacking in something and should probably accept each other to grow up. And it also means that Naegi have to be less naive, not only that Munakata has to be softer.

As I (and he) said, real life doesn't have convenient rules like "the murderer will be executed iif people find him". Even if he was judged, let's imagine it for the sake of the argument, he cold still kill countless other people after his trial beFORE dying. Something even Junko didn't do, but that could happen in the "outside world". He probably dislikes Naegi for talking big about hope despite not experiencing this. It's easy too talk big when yes, what you lived WAS horrible, but at the very least you had something to reach for, compared to the absolute anarchy outside.

The rules don't conveniently save someone.The rules do not give hope. They create an illusion, an apparent hope because despair can only be achieved through realising that every effort, no matter how big, is meaningless. Thats why the rules are made, Junko doesn't want the killer to kill everyone before dying because he too needs to feel despair,to know that his efforts to try to escape are also meaningless; She wants to make everyone try their best only to crush it, it never gave a true sense of hope to any of them. Sorry, but to me, is the same in the real life that Munakata talks about. That "something to reach for" was in Naegi, all this time, it's unreal, but the truth, because not only through Munakata's eyes but mine too no human would be capable of what Naegi acomplished.
"despair being subjective is a false argument", I'm sorry, but it has to be for Munakata would never have compared himself with Naegi. In theory, nobody is better than the other therefore every life has the same value and meaning, but you an I know thats not the truth. How would Munakata be able to draw a line in the first place? One life shoudn't be less important than one million, nor the life of someone close to you should be more important than anyone else. Utilitarians justifies the death of one terrorist to save millions of people, similar of Munakata's resolve, but less crazy...
Hope doesn't mean certainty, unless you know( and even then) you will get meal in hell everyday, if don't then there will always be fear, hope which becomes despair, etc. The point is: whether a false hope or no hope at all, Munakata's reality and Naegi's are subjective, both had their problems, but the way they face it changes it all. As you can see I don't disagree with everything you say.
JustAMangaFanJul 25, 2016 7:33 PM
Jul 25, 2016 7:34 PM

Dec 2014
yes asahina is alive...... bad for bull guy though
Jul 25, 2016 7:44 PM

Dec 2012
Meh episode. Only the dialogue in the last few minutes was interesting.
Jul 25, 2016 7:56 PM

Jan 2011
yep i'd be lying if i didn't say i fell for the fake out but i did point out Asahina having a different outfit in the op visuals nor did i lose hope! nonetheless yay! to bad about Gozu he was pretty cool and seemed like a good guy :(

torn on the whole Munakata/ Naegi situation their both right and wrong at the same time, Naegi's nativity has reached all new levels
Jul 25, 2016 8:30 PM

Mar 2011
nobody199 said:
willardhwright said:

Exactly. LIFE is. A game however has set rules. That's the very difference and what Munakata is talking about. You usually don't risk your life getting stabbed on a soccer field; it can happen but you don't GO on it expecting this. So you still have something to hope for; the opposing team isn't supposed to have a murderer in it. Real life though doesn't have such rules.

Life doesn't have rule; Monokuma's game definitely had them. He didn't murder ²everyone just for fun and junko even killed herself in the end (although this was actually a BAD thing since it means giving her what SHe wants; keeping her alive after nullifying her threat level would have been a better move and a real "hope" one).

He sees himself as a rational, that's really it. Hence why he seems to think so highly of himself. I use seems because, remember that he doubted himself even before Yukizome's death, so it's more than likely that it is a facade because people wouldn't follow a weak-willed leader. When he's alone, things are indeed quite different.

Despair being subjective is a false argument. It works but then you cannot say anything about anything. When you have to actually DO things you need to draw a line somewhereor you'll be struggling forever; that's what law is for IRL too, maybe this guy suffered more than anyone else can imagine because his woman cheated on him, maybe it was SO bad that it could be compared to a murder, it still doesn't make murdering someone ok. Accompllishing things includes drawing a line and he draws his based on logical reasoning. Although flawed one because he's ignoring way too much data for it to work.

To put it in another way, it's "easy" to survive even in hell if you know you're getting food tomorrow. It's harder if you don't even know if you will get food tomorrow. While both are bad, one is worse because it includes the first + another bad thing added. Naegi still had the class trials to defend himself or others. People outside didn't have anything.

Both of them are wrong in the end. munakata is definitely narrow-minded, but Naegi definitely believes too much in words without really backing it up. Giving hope to people without having the power to back it up just creates a false security that makes everything even worse afterward. that's probably the point of the whole thing.
Boh are lacking in something and should probably accept each other to grow up. And it also means that Naegi have to be less naive, not only that Munakata has to be softer.

As I (and he) said, real life doesn't have convenient rules like "the murderer will be executed iif people find him". Even if he was judged, let's imagine it for the sake of the argument, he cold still kill countless other people after his trial beFORE dying. Something even Junko didn't do, but that could happen in the "outside world". He probably dislikes Naegi for talking big about hope despite not experiencing this. It's easy too talk big when yes, what you lived WAS horrible, but at the very least you had something to reach for, compared to the absolute anarchy outside.

The rules don't conveniently save someone.The rules do not give hope. They create an illusion, an apparent hope because despair can only be achieved through realising that every effort, no matter how big, is meaningless. Thats why the rules are made, Junko doesn't want the killer to kill everyone before dying because he too needs to feel despair,to know that his efforts to try to escape are also meaningless; She wants to make everyone try their best only to crush it, it never gave a true sense of hope to any of them. Sorry, but to me, is the same in the real life that Munakata talks about. That "something to reach for" was in Naegi, all this time, it's unreal, but the truth, because not only through Munakata's eyes but mine too no human would be capable of what Naegi acomplished.
"despair being subjective is a false argument", I'm sorry, but it has to be for Munakata would never have compared himself with Naegi. In theory, nobody is better than the other therefore every life has the same value and meaning, but you an I know thats not the truth. How would Munakata be able to draw a line in the first place? One life shoudn't be less important than one million, nor the life of someone close to you should be more important than anyone else. Utilitarians justifies the death of one terrorist to save millions of people, similar of Munakata's resolve, but less crazy...
Hope doesn't mean certainty, unless you know( and even then) you will get meal in hell everyday, if don't then there will always be fear, hope which becomes despair, etc. The point is: whether a false hope or no hope at all, Munakata's reality and Naegi's are subjective, both had their problems, but the way they face it changes it all. As you can see I don't disagree with everything you say.

They do give hope, it doesn't mean that no effort is needed. But at the very least you know that there are times where you are safe and it's not "anything goes". While what Naegi did definitely isn't "nothing", it's true that you cannot say that BECAUSE it worked before, it WILL work here too. It might have been "in Naegi", but Naegi was only able to embody it because they were in a (relatively, of course) safe place with time to start to know know each other compared to a complete anarchy.
And the difficulty drawing the line is exactly why Munakata IS tense and doesn't think he knows everything; he even ahas doubts that we heard many times when he was alone/in his thoughts. But people need a leader able stand and do difficult things. Of course killing everyone is too much, I will not say the opposite. But Naegi is bad in the opposite way.
Drawing a line isn't an easy thing but when you are talking about a worldwide phenomenon, there isn't really any other choice. Once again he isn't "right" and he's kind of an idiot, but his peech DOES make sense. What Naegi did was uniting just a bit more than 10 people (and even this wasn't always successful) through words; when you have to do it with billions of people, words will not be enough.

Hope doesn't mean certainty, but it's still better than the opposite. Of course what Naegi lived isn't ""nothing"" and I never said that. What Munakata disliked was how Naegi was talking as if he HAD the answer and it WILL work despite never suffering as them in the "outside world". Of course, Munakata isn't right. I just don't think that he is jealous, he probably just don't like Naegi thinking that what work at a smallscale will also certainly work on a bigger one; and this part isn't wrong. which is why I think both have a lot to learn from each other. Munakata have to learn to calm down his "the end justify the mean" mindset, and naegi has to learn that sometimes, talk will not be enough. It wasn't really a stupid talk; it just underlined how different od a world they lived in.

Munakata is just being dumb, in my opinion. What he says is not wrong (it is a little bit hypocritical and dictatorial), because yeah Naegi is a lot naive. In real life things don't work like in the games. Naegi took a really HUGE RISK with the Remnants of Despair. He is not wrong. Outside of the actual situation. Because NOW they are inside a game. With rules. That they should figure out. It is not a Class Trial BUT IT IS A FREAKING GAME DUMB DUMB.
Okay then, just kill Naegi and if that doesn't work? He will kill everyone?
And that is why I'm so frustrated with him.

You're right about this. Although I feel like their argument was more about how they will solve things once they are outside of the building. Since it is being broadcasted in the whole world, I guess that's the reason it came out this way despite them still being in a "game".
Jul 25, 2016 8:33 PM

Oct 2011
asahina alive 😢 Great GoZu nooo.
Jul 25, 2016 8:39 PM

May 2014
Oh praise the lord Asahina is alive. Never been so happy to get played like a fool.

But if they do this just to kill her off later, then I'll burn this world to the ground. And honestly if they kill any of the killing game survivors I'm just gonna be fucking done. Including Yasuhiro lol.

And I guess Munukata's bodyguard is doucher to the max simply for the sake of being a douche.
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Jul 25, 2016 8:42 PM

May 2014
YugureShadowmore said:
Asahina should have stayed dead. her "death" was a signal that no one was safe. But, now it just feels like the orgianals have plot armor. I would still be sad but, now I hope she dies. although knowing Kodaka, there was proboly a point. Why would the attacker fake Asahina's death? On top of that on a scale of 1 to 10 I belive the likleyhood of Juzo killing her is 11.
You're a terrible person, I hope you know.
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Jul 25, 2016 8:57 PM
Jan 2015
LOL I actually had a feeling that she might still be alive, but I didn't bother commenting because I thought I was in denial. :D
Jul 25, 2016 9:15 PM

Sep 2013
YugureShadowmore said:

Key word being "feels".
That way, despair will just be even greater when one of them actually dies.

Hope it's Hagakure tho.
Jul 25, 2016 9:28 PM

Oct 2015
Wait.... when Naegi found Izuru the camera showed some flowers in a bottle of water. Isnt that like a sign of respect for people passing away... was he moarning for Chiaki. Izuru´s actions have never been analyzed, maybe Izuru did what he did in DR2 to see Chiaki again, even if he has to give up on his memories and identity for it.
Jul 25, 2016 9:28 PM

Jul 2012
willardhwright said:

You're right about this. Although I feel like their argument was more about how they will solve things once they are outside of the building. Since it is being broadcasted in the whole world, I guess that's the reason it came out this way despite them still being in a "game".

They are talking about the outside world, but, at the same time, it is like Munakata doesn't really care about what is going on there anyway. That's because he is just dumb (or blindly following what he believes). He wants to kill Naegi and anyone, exactly what Monokuma wants, because of his beliefs. But, he is not taking into account that what Monokuma wants is showing despair to people outside. To show the Future Foundation destroying themselves, oh the juicy despair. So, he is willing to make more despair (he is not even thinking that the Remnants of Despair could have a relapse seeing Naegi dying because of them), for the sake of creating a world without despair (and it would involve killing more and more people)...what is just insane in my opinion.
Like I said, he is not exactly wrong. But he is being really really despair-ly dumb XD

Jul 25, 2016 9:56 PM
Aug 2015
yo isn't the old man's NG to be near Kirigiri? I mean ever since the game started he's been trying to get creeply close to her and has been sticking with her so far. Or maybe he is just a creep lol
PogChamp
Jul 25, 2016 9:58 PM
Nov 2015
"Hope doesn't mean certainty, but it's still better than the opposite. Of course what Naegi lived isn't ""nothing"" and I never said that. What Munakata disliked was how Naegi was talking as if he HAD the answer and it WILL work despite never suffering as them in the "outside world". Of course, Munakata isn't right. I just don't think that he is jealous, he probably just don't like Naegi thinking that what work at a smallscale will also certainly work on a bigger one; and this part isn't wrong. which is why I think both have a lot to learn from each other. Munakata have to learn to calm down his "the end justify the mean" mindset, and naegi has to learn that sometimes, talk will not be enough. It wasn't really a stupid talk; it just underlined how different od a world they lived in."
So you already got your solution. talk+ power= true hope
At this point, I don't think this needs to continue, none of us disagree in everything we say, at least for me, so this is heading to an endless cycle of debate. I will just say this: anything can be convinced, the same for Munakata's view of life( sort of...). The show should have done some better exposition at what his life was during the despair-inducing incident. It's easy for someone to jump on Naegi's side since most of us know him well and/or can relate to him. The same can't be said to Munakata. Although there is more episodes, something tells me they are not gonna explain more about Munakata than that.
Jul 25, 2016 10:17 PM

Dec 2015
J0HN_L0CKE said:
YugureShadowmore said:

Why? Because I want a good ending to the series?
Jul 25, 2016 10:23 PM

Aug 2013
So Asahina is alive, didn't really care as long as Kyouko doesn't die I'm going to be fine.

Anyways, good episode, there seems to be a lot of thigs we don't know about: which girl was Kouichi refering to, why Seiko fought with those two guys, why Munakata is such a cunt, etc.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Jul 25, 2016 10:24 PM

Apr 2013
Loving all the speculation people have come up with~ Interesting to read. A very intriguing episode too. Glad Asahina is alive tho, lol. LOL at the chair being thrown at Kirigiri. Geekogahara is a little suspicious tbh albeit cute. Dialogue at the end there was pretty interesting about the different kind of hope they advocate for, and love how Naegi and Kyosuke juxtapose each other.
Jul 25, 2016 10:48 PM

Jul 2013
YugureShadowmore said:
J0HN_L0CKE said:

Why? Because I want a good ending to the series?

Asahina dying doesn't automatically translate to a good ending.
Jul 25, 2016 10:58 PM

Mar 2014
Naegi is a man of ideals; Munakata is a man of action. For all practical purposes Munakata's "hope" wins, no contest. I'm starting to like him more and more.

Jul 25, 2016 11:00 PM

Nov 2010
I did a drinking game where I drank every time they said either hope or despair. Needless to say I'm drunk out of my mind at the moment, so bear with me.

What was up with the fake Asahina death? Everything else feels like it's either clear enough (wheelchair girl being a liar) or will be explained in time (candy girl/pharmacist being at each other throats).

But who would pretend to kill Asahina, and why? Taking it one step at a time, who would be fooled by a fake knife in Asahina's stomach? The... the traitor? Maybe someone (Gozu?) made it look like Asahina was already dead so that she wouldn't be targeted by the real killer? But when could that have possibly happened, if everyone but the traitor was unconscious?

I feel like we've been given a crazy enormous clue with that fake knife/killing, but that everyone in the show overlooked it for more pressing matters.
Jul 25, 2016 11:26 PM

Sep 2008
i read everyone's comments and now i can't find the person who posted the tumblr link with munakata's explanation. that was a good read thanks.

i mean i'm still pissed at him, im mad. i'm tired of him and that other guy. his point makes sense, i've heard that sort of reasoning before. if anything, i can relate to naegi a lot sometimes but he's definitely more than what munakata thinks of him and it makes me mad to see him acting like he knows it all too.

still, i didn't think that conversation would bring out novels on this thread so im super happy to see that. I think everyone has made good points.

honestly i'm too numb to theorize this time. i knew aoi would be alive somehow but i'm just more angry at how this is showing us something and i can't figure it out. bull guys' death is so weird.

JizzyHitler said:

My theory is there is no single attacker and it instead cycles between participants that they must kill or the poison releases, gozu may of been the attacker of that round and tried to fake killing asahina but failed and got killed himself.

i like this and feel that it's a different person every time too. i really cannot imagine anyone else being capable of killing 1000000 pound bull guy so him being poisoned by the bracelet sounds good too.

i don't trust the old guy tengan and ryota and the fact that those two are hanging around with kirigiri is taking away 10 years of my life every week.

Chanaynay said:

honestly this is kinda crazy but i'm down with this. I do feel that someone has infiltrated future foundation just like izuru did and is pretending to not be part of despair side. shsl imposter being this ryota kid is no coincidence at all so idk i can't trust that kid.

EarlCiel said:
OH MY GOSHHHHHH. Munakata freaking pisses me off....

/rant finally over lol

i feel your rant in my soul. thank u for this. i'm literally so tired, i am just gonna wait for despair episode and leave it at that.
Jul 25, 2016 11:54 PM

Nov 2014
But like, what the hell is this Juzo problem? He really pissed me off -_-

Asahina is back! God I'm so happy, but instead it's the horseman who got killed... could it be the killer intended to kill everyone who allied with Naegi? Seriously this game is so damn random this time around, it's much scarier. And the people involved are like 75% consisted of violent guys, they really make a good participant for a game of death...

I wonder if Asahina's fake death had a meaning somehow. Why would the attacker go to all the trouble of faking someone's death like that?

Ah, so Hagakure is really outside. I guess he'll be the one who save them now?
Jul 25, 2016 11:55 PM

Mar 2016
dzn018 said:
I've just noticed.. Why is the blood not piiink?!
Dude, you're like 3 episodes late.
No seriously.
Jul 25, 2016 11:59 PM

Mar 2016
Chanaynay said:
MY ANGEL IS STILL ALIVE, I'm still hyperventilating.

I'm worried about her rule though, that's a dangerous one. Even getting a friendly shoulder punch or a teasing kick could get her killed. Especially with that idiot boxer running around. He really needs to die next - I lost interest in his character once I realized he's basically there to be trigger-happy.
Did you mean, trigger-happy-havoc? #lol
No seriously.
Jul 26, 2016 12:10 AM

Mar 2016
AzureAceOfficial said:
Sweetie_Love said:
So happy my asspull theory happened. Thank you, Kodaka, but don't give me my dose of despair by using Asahina bby. On the flip side, I am also very sad that my hunch of the bull guy getting killed instead of Aoi back then came true. One of the few charas I like from the Mirai cast, especially since he reminded me of Sakura-chan :''(

Now, all I wish for is that Aoi doesn't encounter that damn Boxer because of her risky NG code with him.

Gekkougahara is slowly climbing up my list of adorkable girls. *u* I hope we get to see more of Ryota, too. He reminds me of a fragile DR1 Aoi who believes in hope and doesn't want to fight anyone but is deathly afraid of his situation. Have I found another cinnamon roll prospect?

Lol at Hagakure's bullet dodging skills. Who knew he had it in him?

Looks like Pharmacist and Confectioner got beef with each other but the way the Scout reacted makes me think it's just a catfight they haven't gotten over yet.

And, lastly, Munakata. Boy did I want to punch him in the face when he said that Naegi doesn't know "true despair". He may not have encountered the deeds the Remnants of Despair did in the "outside" but imagine being 15, trapped in a school building with no means of communication, being forced to kill each other to survive and actually having to condemn people you want to trust. Was it not true despair that pushed Maizono to start the killings? Was it not true despair when Ishimaru lost his first friend? Was it not true despair that motivated Celes to remain a cool face despite committing murder? Was it not true despair that made Aoi lose trust in the remaining allies she had due to Sakura's death? I don't know about you, Munakata but the fact that Naegi was able to still believe in hope after all that astounds me so you better tone down that arrogance of yours because despair is still despair in the end and he was the one who defeated Junko not youuuuu. /rant over

Actually it's funny that you mention Sakakura. I don't think he's allowed to hit people with punches. I think that's his forbidden action. If you look into it, in the prologue in episode 1, when he, Munakata and Sonosuke were fighting Peko, Nekomaru and Akane, he was using his fists and he punched Naegi, however so far in the Future-Arc. He's not used them once after having his bangle on. He's tried to use a knife on Naegi, knee'd Ryota and tried to throw a chair at Kirigiri.
Given that Asahina's NG code is "getting punched/kicked", she won't die if she got thrown at with a chair..........right?
No seriously.
Jul 26, 2016 12:28 AM
May 2016
BubblyHunter said:
Glad Asahina is still alive, but sad Gozu had to go. Why couldn't it have been the anger issues guy? He seemed pretty nice. I was hoping he would live longer. Also, are they gonna end every episode with a cliff hanger?? I don't know if my heart can take it...

I think based on these 3 episodes (which all ended in a cliffhanger) that [almost] every episode is going to end in a cliffhanger T_T
Jul 26, 2016 12:37 AM

Mar 2016
Nagitoxhxc said:
Seiko is really weird - I'm guessing drug side-effects or what not?
Or she's particularly addicted to a certain drug? I mean, what if her NG code is "taking the particular drug she's addicted with"? Yeah sure it's pretty much confirmed that it's not just "taking drugs" in general because she did take those capsules before turning into a monster-thingy.

I know this seems stupid. Heck I just came up with it few seconds ago.
No seriously.
Jul 26, 2016 12:50 AM

Mar 2016
Gonzak said:
Wait.... when Naegi found Izuru the camera showed some flowers in a bottle of water. Isnt that like a sign of respect for people passing away... was he moarning for Chiaki. Izuru´s actions have never been analyzed, maybe Izuru did what he did in DR2 to see Chiaki again, even if he has to give up on his memories and identity for it.

Ignore me I'm just being a Hinanami trash
No seriously.
Jul 26, 2016 12:55 AM

Mar 2016
KannaAyasaki said:
But like, what the hell is this Juzo problem? He really pissed me off -_-
Well, Munakata's ideals are worth analyzing whether you justiy him or not is a diffrerent story. While Sakakura seems like he's being an asshole only for the sake of being an asshole, I think he kinda follows Munakata's ideals. Who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No seriously.
Jul 26, 2016 1:03 AM

Mar 2011
nobody199 said:
"Hope doesn't mean certainty, but it's still better than the opposite. Of course what Naegi lived isn't ""nothing"" and I never said that. What Munakata disliked was how Naegi was talking as if he HAD the answer and it WILL work despite never suffering as them in the "outside world". Of course, Munakata isn't right. I just don't think that he is jealous, he probably just don't like Naegi thinking that what work at a smallscale will also certainly work on a bigger one; and this part isn't wrong. which is why I think both have a lot to learn from each other. Munakata have to learn to calm down his "the end justify the mean" mindset, and naegi has to learn that sometimes, talk will not be enough. It wasn't really a stupid talk; it just underlined how different od a world they lived in."
So you already got your solution. talk+ power= true hope
At this point, I don't think this needs to continue, none of us disagree in everything we say, at least for me, so this is heading to an endless cycle of debate. I will just say this: anything can be convinced, the same for Munakata's view of life( sort of...). The show should have done some better exposition at what his life was during the despair-inducing incident. It's easy for someone to jump on Naegi's side since most of us know him well and/or can relate to him. The same can't be said to Munakata. Although there is more episodes, something tells me they are not gonna explain more about Munakata than that.

I'd say that this will probably happen with interquels. This is the grand finale of this part of the saga, but the author also said that "some authors will be allowed to flesh out some characters later". So I think it's possible that we might one day have a direct view f the "world during the big despair crisis", if only in a novel or something, since the finale isn't the last thing (.. which is quite ironic)

participant_no_5 said:
AzureAceOfficial said:

Actually it's funny that you mention Sakakura. I don't think he's allowed to hit people with punches. I think that's his forbidden action. If you look into it, in the prologue in episode 1, when he, Munakata and Sonosuke were fighting Peko, Nekomaru and Akane, he was using his fists and he punched Naegi, however so far in the Future-Arc. He's not used them once after having his bangle on. He's tried to use a knife on Naegi, knee'd Ryota and tried to throw a chair at Kirigiri.
Given that Asahina's NG code is "getting punched/kicked", she won't die if she got thrown at with a chair..........right?

Yes. Which makes the forbidden action kind of suspicious in a "ensure that Naegi's friends don't die" way, while still hindering him (if we assume that Kirigiri's skill is hindered by her FA). Remmove Sakakura's FA and Aoi could have died very, very, very quickly. It's worth noting that most of the others, maybe Izayoi aside, aren't really violent so except for a BIG mistake (which can and will certainly happen) it's a lot less likely for any of them to do that. Theses FA are sometime designed way too well in an "useful" way that doesn't necessarily help to spread despair, it's quite strange by itself.

I really wouldn't be surprised at the "bad guy" being a """""nice""""" well-intentioned extremist trying to damage control things so that Naegi will not be killed while doing his "job".
willardhwrightJul 26, 2016 1:12 AM
Jul 26, 2016 1:47 AM

Sep 2013
What...Asahina is alive WHAT!? That's a bullshit swerve! Oh well, at least we get to keep boobs...for now. Speaking of bull...Looks like Gozu was the one who was killed. Interesting how the killer trolls with one person and kills another. I fucking love Miaya. She's entertaining as hell using that AI. Now I fear for Asahina even more, her forbidden action is that she can't be punched or kicked. In the situation they are in, I'd be surprised that she wasn't hit at all. Kimura is fucking creepy as hell and what the hell kind of drug did she take to do that shit?

Naegi and Munakata are face to face again. That was a pretty good cliffhanger. I like how they are establishing that this isn't a "classroom trial". Love that Munakata thinks Naegi's hope is empty and hollow as Naegi never experienced The Tragedy. Now I understand Munakata's motives and I think he truly believes that to end the despair, he will do everything necessary and won't risk anything.

On a final note, humanity's fate are in the hands of the Future Foundation, but a lot of the member's personality screams "Ultimate Despair". Who the hell would want these group of people be the future!? They're killing/trying to kill each other!

Well, I had my doubts about this series but it's been a really fun ride thus far. I still think everything is being done to just get Naegi killed as he is the one who defeated Junko. That or the Future Foundation members are being prepped to be new Ultimate Despairs by the one pulling all the strings.
TehSnawnJul 26, 2016 1:51 AM

Jul 26, 2016 2:01 AM

Mar 2016
willardhwright said:
participant_no_5 said:
Yes. Which makes the forbidden action kind of suspicious in a "ensure that Naegi's friends don't die" way, while still hindering him (if we assume that Kirigiri's skill is hindered by her FA). Remmove Sakakura's FA and Aoi could have died very, very, very quickly. It's worth noting that most of the others, maybe Izayoi aside, aren't really violent so except for a BIG mistake (which can and will certainly happen) it's a lot less likely for any of them to do that. Theses FA are sometime designed way too well in an "useful" way that doesn't necessarily help to spread despair, it's quite strange by itself.

I really wouldn't be surprised at the "bad guy" being a """""nice""""" well-intentioned extremist trying to damage control things so that Naegi will not be killed while doing his "job".
Now you make me wonder what exactly Naegi's "job" is. I mean, you make it seems like the traitor has something more than just "make everyone dead lolz" kind of goal (or rather mission, because I think the "goal" is pretty much to "spread despair"). Maybe they're somewhat trying to turn Naegi into SHSL Despair by using his naiveness?
No seriously.
Jul 26, 2016 2:15 AM

Aug 2009
I laughed so hard when Asahina just woke up like normal xD The killer is messing with Naegi's feelings, like "it cold have been her". Asahina's time has not come, yet... Well I feel she is on bought time and we'll see her get the development she deserve before kicking the bucket for real. Maybe sacrificing herself in a noble way. As a surviver at least she deserves a prober(?) death that just a stab in her sleep.

Great Gozu, man you where a bro, r.i.p.

As many point out, it feels so unlike the original DanganRonpa because they skip on investigating the murders. The participants are moving around blindly. If they searched for more clues they might be able to predict the killers motive, pattern or next target. Kirigiri is really the only one who uses her head. I havn't been the biggest fan of her since she's a "know it all" but she's actually interesting for me now.

Gekkogahara is suspicious AF, though I'm taking back my assumption of her being the killer, mainly because she went trough with a supposed lie in order to get the forbidden act out of Naegi and Asahina. IF she indeed is the killer she could've easily just check their bracelets while in their sleep.

I get that Munakata has a lot of reason to act the way he does. He has seen a lot of terrible things happen to world, where as Naegi lost his memories about it. In his mind, words of hope is no longer enough. There's no one else around, only way that can save Naegi in this situation is if Munakata has second thoughts and stops himself from killing.
Jul 26, 2016 2:24 AM

Mar 2011
participant_no_5 said:
willardhwright said:

Now you make me wonder what exactly Naegi's "job" is. I mean, you make it seems like the traitor has something more than just "make everyone dead lolz" kind of goal (or rather mission, because I think the "goal" is pretty much to "spread despair"). Maybe they're somewhat trying to turn Naegi into SHSL Despair by using his naiveness?

Many, many possibilities. It can be the "spread despair outside and that's it". It can be "trying to push Naegi" although I don't really see how at thi moment but who knows. And then there's the whole opposite, it can be "we must clear FF from people dangerous to the world becasue they are too violent and the casualties are nothing compared to this goal" or whatever. If anything the whole thing could be staged to give a big damn hero moment to Naegi in the end because HOPE, while trying to push him away by threatening Aoi right now. If they wanted to weaken Naegi's "side", killing Kirigiri was the way to go.

Note that I didn't think a lot about this so there are definitely a lot of other possibilities, but it wouldn't be that far-stretched for it to be something different from what it looks like at first sight. See the first episodes of Zetsubou-hen. There are people in FF who find what they do disgusting too. And if one of them happened to take the "cleaning" too far... yeah.

It may just be a good ol' despair game like with Junko, but leaving Aoi alive and not touching Naegi is definitely strange, it doesn't even bring espair on him, it's just a threat or a bad joke. So who knows, but at this moment I think that there are a lot of possibilities.
willardhwrightJul 26, 2016 3:07 AM
Jul 26, 2016 2:51 AM
Nov 2013
Pardon me...
But what do u guys mean when saying "FF" o.o
Jul 26, 2016 2:52 AM

Jan 2016
gust11 said:
Xenys said:
- Everybody got Miaya's NG Code wrong, and I am deathly afraid Juzo will kill Asahina with that NG Code.

I'm sorry but how do you know they mistook her NG code? Is there a source that you're referencing?

Just people in the fanbase is all. Most people thought her NG code would be human contact. When I wrote that I hadn't considered that she might be lying, though, since she didn't show her bracelet.

TecoTek said:
Pardon me...
But what do u guys mean when saying "FF" o.o

Future Foundation.
XenysJul 26, 2016 3:04 AM
Courage need not be remembered... For it is never forgotten.
Jul 26, 2016 3:50 AM

Dec 2013
JizzyHitler said:
We got played like a god damn fiddle, its kind of an asspull but whatever im happy a character i like is still alive so ill let it slide as long as the knife gets addressed

My theory is there is no single attacker and it instead cycles between participants that they must kill or the poison releases, gozu may of been the attacker of that round and tried to fake killing asahina but failed and got killed himself.

Sorry but i don't think that's possible. If Gozu tried to trick the system then how did he get strung up? He wasn't the killer...It's a good theory however...Unfortunately the way the first 2 victims were killed was the same. They were strung up and had blood falling...It's hard to make statements now but I think that THAT is the killers style...

If we follow that style then there is a high possibility that if we follow the op deaths then there is a possibility of Kyoko, sonosuke, Kazuo and Koichi could be murdered...

Of course the OP's might be irrelevant and that is a personal theory...I DO stand by my theory of the killers style of elevating his victims however
Shadowsnake777Jul 26, 2016 4:05 AM
Jul 26, 2016 4:00 AM

Dec 2013
Also! Does anyone else think that Munakata's NG code could be that he's not allowed to open doors?
Jul 26, 2016 4:35 AM

Jan 2016
Shadowsnake777 said:
Also! Does anyone else think that Munakata's NG code could be that he's not allowed to open doors?

That's most of the fanbase right now. It's pretty likely too considering he smashed a window/glass door with his katana instead of opening the door.

Also I forgot to mention, Miaya already turned right last episode, so her NG Code is definitely a lie. Maybe it is being touched, but she doesn't want to reveal a weakness that makes her so easy to kill? I just don't want her to be the traitor, it's just too obvious with her looking like Monaca, lying, and never talking. Other traitors who would be too obvious include Seiko (her making the chemicals is too simple), Munakata and Sakakura, and possibly Koichi.
Courage need not be remembered... For it is never forgotten.
Jul 26, 2016 4:42 AM
Jan 2012
I have nothing worth contributing to anything that's happening... But that shan't deter me.
___

Well... I feel like I was just emotionally abused the moment the episode started, but I'm more than happy that Asahina is still alive... On the other hand... The Great Gozu's death has me rather depressed. I've found that I instinctively seem to grow attached to anyone in Danganronpa, so unless they do something half way through I always feel the feels once they die...

Currently, obvious suspects lead to Gekkougahara... Though I really hope that isn't the case. I'm rather fond of her. Even if she uses Monomi to speak, who I'm slightly less fond of... I feel like there's a contradiction there.

So we also found out a few more Forbidden Actions... Gekkougahara's sounds like it'll be a bit tedious for her, in a similar way to Naegi's... Asahina's on the other hand, as they said, is dangerous. Keep her away from Juuzou at all costs. Anyone else that would probably attack seems to be more likely to use a weapon. Which is somehow safer for her.

I am interested as to who the killer could be. I had originally misinterpreted the rules so I thought it was meant to be someone new each time, though that seems unlikely for now. I suppose at the moment, though I do like everyone to varying extents, the ones I'm specifically hoping aren't the killer, and won't be killed would be Gekkougahara, Izayoi, Kizakura, Munakata and Kazuo. But I'm expecting at least four of them to die regardless, if not all of them.

Also Kimura... But speaking of... It seems Miss Pharmacist has special drugs... That make all kinds of enhancements happen. Including hair growth and crazy eyes.

I enjoyed Naegi's speech, and getting see a bit of Izuru as well... Though I'm not sure how to feel about this current confrontation with Munakata... I know he shouldn't die, but I can't help but feel a bit concerned as to what's going to happen. I am also interested in properly seeing what he isn't allowed to do.

At any rate, the next episode will probably have another reached time limit, which I can't say I'm looking forward to. It'll narrow down the killer if nothing else, so... That's something. I suppose. I'm looking forward to episode four regardless though.
Jul 26, 2016 4:46 AM

Jan 2016
I believe aoi will be killed again later, by looking the knife position from the op and beside it Gozu's death is damn too. Also i still hope that old guy isn't the traitor..

If this mirai arc episode showed fragments of hope [lol] (like resurrect ion of asahina, bold hope speech from naegi, hakagure as a non-participant, etc) and then seems zetsubou's is going to giving a crap of despair. Huehuehuehue!!

Overall until this far episode didn't enough show fun thrilling game but damn cool speculations and fun theories from ppl.
We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Jul 26, 2016 5:04 AM

Feb 2015
My girl Asahina is alive! Though I'm afraid it won't last long with such NG code.
Jul 26, 2016 5:49 AM

May 2013
I believe Ultimate Scout has already managed to gather more clues than Kirigiri.
Ultimate Confectioner definitely has some beef with Ultimate Pharmacist but it's likely Confectioner girl started it.
So far, the victims are those who promote and encourages Naegi's hope.

1st~Chisa talks about combining two hopes to become a stronger one and also saying that she believes in Naegi's and Munakata's hope.
2nd~Great Gozu talks about how Naegi's actions has inspired a lot of people outside and that how he shouldn't falter to his beliefs

So far the killer has a habit of putting his victims in high places no matter how large they are.
Izayoi's forbidden action is almost definite that it is not accepting or eating sweets.
I hope Sakakura gets what he deserves by the hands of one of Naegi's compatriots by activating his Forbidden Action.

Munakata falling to the side of black hope/white despair like the so called warriors of hope in Danganronpa Another due to a lot of factors with Chisa's death being one of them. He doesn't even realize that he's playing right into the hands of the enemy. He should have known that the point of all those killing games, endless war and the fuckng name of their enemy is Despair is not just for simple acts of terrorism.

I believe it isn't so far-fetched to think that Miaya definitely is a key player in this story both as a mastermind and as the key to finding who the real culprit more than most of the characters. The scout guy is definitely on to something.
Jul 26, 2016 5:56 AM

Jul 2014
Fuck you Kodaka.

Yet another "macho" character has been killed off. If I remember correctly, they've all been killed off (Sakura, Nekomaru, Bandai and now Gozu). It's a curse I tell you. Gozu was a better character than Asahina. Makes me wonder if the one in V3 will survive...

I'm keeping those flowers shown in the Izuru/Hajime flashback fresh in my mind, since both Zetsobou and Mirai-hen intertwine in someway or another. I expect those flowers to be connected to Chiaki, solidifying the theory that Hajime will kill Chiaki in the future (though considering she's been appointed as the head student of class 77... pretty much already confirms it).

Ahhh, this episode was great. It only continues to raise more questions. Hopefully to answer them in the distant future.

Edit: I don't want her to be the mastermind/traitor... but Miaya is too suspicious, way too suspicious, that she may be... I don't know, an antagonist/villain. I just can't see how the whole poison thing will take effect without someone forcibly triggering it (like, how does poison set off by someone witnessing violence). This can obviously be dealt with by continuously monitoring everyone, which creates two options for me:

1) Someone from the outside is interfering
or
2) Someone is monitoring them from the inside. And well, as you can see, Miaya is possibly the only one who could do that.
YehartJul 26, 2016 6:08 AM
"Hi!"
Jul 26, 2016 6:38 AM
Jun 2012
I'm pretty sure Asahina is the traitor !
She was always present everytime a body was found. Also, she probably staged the knife wound herself.
LawesomeJul 26, 2016 6:45 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

472 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

236 by SaltyCookie »»
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

284 by Nanashi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

499 by Nanashi »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

233 by gaymerkid »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.