Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 8, 2016 2:58 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode as usual. Nice pacing.
May 8, 2016 3:00 PM

Sep 2013
It was Rem alright.

My theory has something to do with the village they go to for shopping.

I kind of like the analogy of Subaru being the "villagers" from the red ogre tale. He's so rude to Ram (red ogre), but seems to be fond of Rem (blue ogre). Thus, Rem sacrifices herself by trying to make Subaru think ill of her (ie trying to kill him) so that he would favour Ram more. The question is.. will Ram follow the tale and side with Subaru or side with Rem and kill Subaru together? I think we know the answer judging by what she told Subaru. "If the red ogre truly wanted to be friends with the humans (villagers), he should have broken off his horns and gone to them." I don't think Ram would do that. If anything, she'd go with Rem. Screw the humans/villagers lol.

As for the trigger of Rem suddenly killing Subaru, it was probably a curse.

(I trust Betty's words about the lack of people, in the manor, having the capability to curse/drain mana.)

I found it weird that they kept bringing up "shopping for/with Rem." Like earlier he was having some flashbacks, the sun started to set, then suddenly, "Oh I didn't go shopping for Rem this time." Something must have happened when they go to the village to shop. Going by what Betty said, maybe they met a magician or Shaman unknowingly and got cursed while in the village idk..

Thus, if Subaru goes shopping for/with Rem, he gets a direct curse that will surely end with his death. If Rem goes shopping by herself (because Subaru is a house guest in this episode), she will get a curse that will order her to kill Subaru.
May 8, 2016 3:10 PM

Nov 2007
Absolutely stupendous! The first anime of this season to get a 9/10 from me.

The blue ogre and the red ogre.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 8, 2016 3:15 PM

Jan 2013
OniiChanStopThat said:

That leads to this burning question I have. Why was he chosen to be transported to this new world in the first place. How come he couldn't just finish his shopping at the supermarket normally that fateful day?

you have no idea how ironic and obvious the answer is
May 8, 2016 3:17 PM
Apr 2014
Sometimes791 said:
Drake1000 said:
>He knows he will revive when he dies
He shouldn't be so sure about it tbh, why does he assume he has an infinite set of revives? that's just wrong, how does he know that? why doesn't he think that maybe idk, it might just run out someday. He doesn't know how his power works fully, nothing is certain with that kind of thing. Did God descend from the heavens and told him that he has infinite revives?
>Also he is way too naive to seriously consider anyone from that house to be the killer
There's no room for naivety when you're about to fucking die
>He does everything for Emilia's smile
There's no room for love when you're about to fucking die.

1. He just assumes it. If he assumed that this would be his last revive, how would he react? Proceed with logic? No, first comes the FEAR OF DYING, if he screws up again. In this mad world (proven by Elsa, the knight etc.) many things could go wrong and lead to his next death. So he's convinced that he has more or unlimited revives. Otherwise he would break down and investigate even worse. It's this naive way of thinking, that keeps him sane. Dying isn't a pleasing feeling. By sacrificing one cycle, he is able to accumulate more knowledge about the mansion and possible clues.

2. It appears to be naive at first, but he tries to narrow down the list of possible suspects. And we have already seen, what mad assassins like Elsa are able to do. So why would they not be able to kill him? It's not like the mansion or especially Subaru is highly protected. Even though this is my theory, I don't think that he considered none of the mansion's people as murderers. Remember, how he shakes with fear in Betty's room? Maybe he suppressed his fears, that somebody close to him killed him. This is mainly a psychological thing to keep himself sane and act with logic.

3. So, how is a teenager supposed to stay sane in a world, where he isn't able to trust anyone? He needs at least one person to live on.

1- Assuming that this is his last revival is the logical thing to do, and yes he should have a constant FEAR OF DEATH and use his time more wisely since he knows when he's gonna die and be more serious about it until he discovers the killer and resolves the problem instead we have chilling and wasting time and taking his revival for granted and that is the stupidest thing to do as a living creature, that just proves that he's a dumbass teenager.

2- Of course he should be suspecting everyone since he's been killed in said mansion, I give him credit though for not appearing paranoid or unnatural when talking to the people but his investigation is clearly weak sauce because by the time he decided to leave the mansion he didn't learn jack shit about the killer's identity, he's been given so much time and accomplished so little.

3- Why are you talking about him being sane? he knows exactly when he's going to be killed, can't he keep it together until then? There are much more important matters to deal with than waste even more of his time crying over how lonely he is.
May 8, 2016 3:18 PM
Mar 2014
This is probably me being a bit dense, but I was curious about something. Subaru mentions the villagers in his ogre story, in the past revives, Emilia says "if I go with you it might cause trouble for you.. The villagers--"
I know the story corresponds with Rem and Ram but still wondering. Could that have a connection to his story or is it because Emilia is half elf?
May 8, 2016 3:19 PM

Jul 2015
juicykitten95 said:
OniiChanStopThat said:

That leads to this burning question I have. Why was he chosen to be transported to this new world in the first place. How come he couldn't just finish his shopping at the supermarket normally that fateful day?

you have no idea how ironic the answer is

Though the funniest thing is that it's answered later on (I've read that at least). In every other story they would brush it off as a "fateful event".
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 8, 2016 3:19 PM

Mar 2014
Glad that it wasn't left as a cliffhanger who attacked him this episode. That would have killed me.
May 8, 2016 3:37 PM

Jul 2015
Drake1000 said:
Sometimes791 said:

1. He just assumes it. If he assumed that this would be his last revive, how would he react? Proceed with logic? No, first comes the FEAR OF DYING, if he screws up again. In this mad world (proven by Elsa, the knight etc.) many things could go wrong and lead to his next death. So he's convinced that he has more or unlimited revives. Otherwise he would break down and investigate even worse. It's this naive way of thinking, that keeps him sane. Dying isn't a pleasing feeling. By sacrificing one cycle, he is able to accumulate more knowledge about the mansion and possible clues.

2. It appears to be naive at first, but he tries to narrow down the list of possible suspects. And we have already seen, what mad assassins like Elsa are able to do. So why would they not be able to kill him? It's not like the mansion or especially Subaru is highly protected. Even though this is my theory, I don't think that he considered none of the mansion's people as murderers. Remember, how he shakes with fear in Betty's room? Maybe he suppressed his fears, that somebody close to him killed him. This is mainly a psychological thing to keep himself sane and act with logic.

3. So, how is a teenager supposed to stay sane in a world, where he isn't able to trust anyone? He needs at least one person to live on.

1- Assuming that this is his last revival is the logical thing to do, and yes he should have a constant FEAR OF DEATH and use his time more wisely since he knows when he's gonna die and be more serious about it until he discovers the killer and resolves the problem instead we have chilling and wasting time and taking his revival for granted and that is the stupidest thing to do as a living creature, that just proves that he's a dumbass teenager.

2- Of course he should be suspecting everyone since he's been killed in said mansion, I give him credit though for not appearing paranoid or unnatural when talking to the people but his investigation is clearly weak sauce because by the time he decided to leave the mansion he didn't learn jack shit about the killer's identity, he's been given so much time and accomplished so little.

3- Why are you talking about him being sane? he knows exactly when he's going to be killed, can't he keep it together until then? There are much more important matters to deal with than waste even more of his time crying over how lonely he is.

If you're in fear, you're bound to make mistakes. Especially, if you don't know, how to handle it, it could lead to errors in his judgements and lead to another death. Dumbass teenager, anything than that. He has the mind of a normal teenager, so he has never experienced death before. He handles this problem by keeping his cheerful attitude, but just a few more deaths and he could succumb to his fears and break. A human isn't able to suppress fear completely. So you would always assume that this would be your final revival? As I said, the toll on your mind breaks you in the end. And how would you take this task on? He looked for clues, in the end he finds almost nothing. If he pushes too far, he could be instantly killed off. If this was his last revival, why would he risk something like that. We can't even be sure, what the conditions for his death flag are. So "fooling around" is a way to AVOID death.
May 8, 2016 3:37 PM

Oct 2014
Wild theory:

By the way both Ram and Rem react to the word "Oni", that would mean that both are aware of the existence of "onis" on their world (Rem's smile for saying positive things about them and Ram's way of reacting to the story). There's also the fact that one tale of Oni would affect Rem too, acordding to Ram (When she suggest not to tell it to her sister). Not only that, Ram answer of how the red oni could solve his problem is quite weird. Oni on Japan are ogre like creature, that even without a horn would look weird in society, especially with red or blue colored skin. She gives her asnwer as if their world's Oni only had the horn as a difference between them and humans, in appearance.

Let's now consider the obvious symbolism. Considering the similarities of the situations between the red and blue oni with the red and blue maid, beign the blue one in both cases who does the most work and the red one who gets the villager's favor (or in Ram's case, Roswald's), there's a clear association one could make between the maids and the tale's oni. There's also this scene:

Which, supossing the colors are there for a reason, you can associate, once again, color with girl (Left window/Left Eye/Ram/Red, Right Window/Right Eye/Rem/Blue). The association is even more obvious in the manga, if you notice both fingers, bubble speech and, once again, visible eye.

If we take this information and we assume the random tale is, in fact, associated with the story, then most of Ram and Rem backstory is told with this tale. Rem is the one who does all the job (like fixing her sister's mistakes, see previous episode's gardening scene) and Ram is the one getting the villagers (Roswald) trust.

That's one part. Ram's tone when proposing that the red Oni should cut his horns is filled with remorse, or guilt. One could take from this that, if she were to be the red oni of the story, she would cut her horn to fit with the society. Therefore, if we assume Rem is an Oni, due to her reaction on the previous chapter, there's no particular reason to doubt, unless mentioned otherwise, that twins shouldn't share the same race. Therefore, Ram, as Rem, is also an Oni.

So, going with Ram's idea: Cutting the red oni's horn to get into society. Let's suppose that worked. How about blue? Red wouldn't let his friend behind voluntarily, unless he has darkest intentions. The tale makes clear he likes his friend a lot, and perhaps he would do things to bring his friend on the town too. Let's assume blue has reasons to go to the village too. One thing both could do is cutting their horns, this would make things easier, but it's not what Ram proposed. Then, if we assume only the red oni would cut his horn, and blue is somewhat accepted, I could come with a few ideas of how events happened: One is that the red oni gave his horn to make the villagers accept his friend, as a signal of trust coming from the red one, a selfless act. Other could be that the villagers demanded one oni's horn in exchange of having both on their village, as a token of trust asked by the villagers. I can go only so forth with justifications with the little bakcdrop I have, but assuming there is a reason, the red Oni cut his horn and the blue one was accepted.

Transposing this to Ram and Rem, I could conclude, with only what we have so far, that both are oni, creatures with horn and human appearance. Rem, feeling identified with the tale, gave the "red oni should cut his horn" proposal, and since no mention of the blue oni's actions is given, and assuming the color's association I mentioned previously, I think that Ram is a Hornless Oni.

One last issue remain., Assuming that Rem is indeed an oni and that all previous things are valid,where is Rem's horn? I can only assume she hides it. She has to go shopping at the village, and to mimetize there, it would be very useful to pass as normal as posible. Therefore, the capacity of hiding his horn would be convenient. So for the sake of convenience, let's say she can hide it. I can't come to a real conclusion unless the show throws more information.

So to conclude, tl:dr Ram is a hornless oni, Rem too but she could be hiding her own horn. The reason is that Ram's horn had to be cut to win a certain group's favor, wether that group is the mansion or the village, in order to get her and her sister in the manor. That's just a theory though, there's a lot of things in the air, like where does Ram and Rem came from, and what is their motivation to get into the manor to begin with.

------------------------------------

Oh, also, do you think Subaru is a selfless adolescent?
ThieveryMay 8, 2016 3:55 PM
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
May 8, 2016 3:38 PM
Feb 2013
Man I really don't want to think this but I have a feeling Emilia might not be as angelic as we all think she is... I don't know maybe she's related to the bad things or she IS the bad thing but I dunno... And the weird thing was that when the witch story was mentioned, Emilia popped in my mind especially with the opening and the flipped reflection of her in the water... Flipped reflections in spoons and waters usually mean ur a fallen angel, demon or witch right? .-.

Also could it be that the red and blue ogre could relate to Subaru and Emilia? Emilia mentioned something about troubling the villagers before but Erm yeah.

Brw PLEASE DO NOT ACTUALLY TELL US WHAT WILL HAPPEN X'D only people like me who don't know anything yet pls :3
May 8, 2016 3:41 PM

Jan 2014
Well I would lie if I said that I didn't see that comming, because it was somehow obvious... I mean Emilias father talking to one of maids (ep4 I think) and so much attention on Rem last ep... that pretty much confirmed lots of things. Anyway I really do want Subaru to survive (I don't want these 4 days repeat again and he managed to survive in 3rd episode too so I think it's time to move on)
May 8, 2016 3:42 PM
Nov 2013
juicykitten95 said:
OniiChanStopThat said:

???????????

What???

How the hell is this obvious. I've been wondering about this since the start. What am I missing???
May 8, 2016 3:44 PM

Mar 2010
Drake1000 said:

And why he need to be constantly on edge if knows how his ability works from experience is intent on using it a way to prepare for the next loop?

As seen here?

2- Of course he should be suspecting everyone since he's been killed in said mansion, I give him credit though for not appearing paranoid or unnatural when talking to the people but his investigation is clearly weak sauce because by the time he decided to leave the mansion he didn't learn jack shit ]about the killer's identity, he's been given so much time and accomplished so little.

No you just sound paranoia and illogical which last thing he needs to do. He should suspects people how have possibly killing him within reason. Acting like he just drop all his spaghetti like is going get him killed even faster. There is no damn proof that was anyone in mansion at that, hence who freaking point of him investigating at all. He literally found who the killer but following his own plan and baiting him out. You're just ignoring it complaining trivial things that have nothing to do with anything. I don't get you at all given the result was exactly what he wanted. Were expecting him prepare some stupid elaborate trap for someone who he doesn't even know anything about that just fall flat on its' face?

Please tell me when he's don't that all during this episode.
Iron_MawMay 8, 2016 3:49 PM
May 8, 2016 3:46 PM

Jan 2014
yani118 said:
Man I really don't want to think this but I have a feeling Emilia might not be as angelic as we all think she is... I don't know maybe she's related to the bad things or she IS the bad thing but I dunno... And the weird thing was that when the witch story was mentioned, Emilia popped in my mind especially with the opening and the flipped reflection of her in the water... Flipped reflections in spoons and waters usually mean ur a fallen angel, demon or witch right? .-.

Also could it be that the red and blue ogre could relate to Subaru and Emilia? Emilia mentioned something about troubling the villagers before but Erm yeah.

Brw PLEASE DO NOT ACTUALLY TELL US WHAT WILL HAPPEN X'D only people like me who don't know anything yet pls :3

I think that they may think that Subaru is spy / assassin or something like that and that's why Emilia's father ordered Rem to kill him, he acts just too suspicious
May 8, 2016 3:47 PM

Dec 2014
MeowingtonsHax said:
I see you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh dang that's nice, I didn't notice that.

Fff, so it's Rem after all. I was afraid it's her (one of the twins because FEELS and they made Ram look way too suspicious to be true) because I do like her. ;__;
Though as others have pointed out, maybe it wasn't Rem last time. Urghhh I want to know! After how and who, now I just NEED to know why.
Loved Puck this episode once again.

Stories like this make me wish I could read Japanese. After the anime ends, that's it, even though I know there's so much more. And it's killing me (no pun intended).
May 8, 2016 3:48 PM
Feb 2013
Anlex said:
yani118 said:

I think that they may think that Subaru is spy / assassin or something like that and that's why Emilia's father ordered Rem to kill him, he acts just too suspicious

I think it's far more complicated than that. I don't think roswald had anything to do with the killings at all because otherwise it's just too obvious. Also, rem mentioned in the episode that she wanted no one to notice the killing, even Subaru himself. This means that she did it without the knowledge of her sister, and her Master ... ? I think lol
May 8, 2016 3:50 PM

Jun 2007
Another crappy episode where nothing happens, and the MC just waits for his death, and does 0 investigation.
May 8, 2016 3:53 PM
Feb 2013
d388 said:
Another crappy episode where nothing happens, and the MC just waits for his death, and does 0 investigation.

I think that's cuz u haven't been paying attention and that there is more to this anime than just the surface .-.
May 8, 2016 3:53 PM

Oct 2014
d388 said:

inb4 fanboy's rage

count:3
ThieveryMay 8, 2016 4:05 PM
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

May 8, 2016 3:54 PM

Feb 2015
d388 said:

So... asking about the curses and looking around for chains=0 investigation now? Maybe I was doing something wrong during math class...
May 8, 2016 3:57 PM
Apr 2014
Sometimes791 said:
Drake1000 said:

If you're in fear, you're bound to make mistakes. Especially, if you don't know, how to handle it, it could lead to errors in his judgements and lead to another death. Dumbass teenager, anything than that. He has the mind of a normal teenager, so he has never experienced death before. He handles this problem by keeping his cheerful attitude, but just a few more deaths and he could succumb to his fears and break. A human isn't able to suppress fear completely. So you would always assume that this would be your final revival? As I said, the toll on your mind breaks you in the end. And how would you take this task on? He looked for clues, in the end he finds almost nothing. If he pushes too far, he could be instantly killed off. If this was his last revival, why would he risk something like that. We can't even be sure, what the conditions for his death flag are. So "fooling around" is a way to AVOID death.

Fear in this case is a positive motivation for him to take this whole thing seriously, you seem to think that this current situation is eternal and he's just gonna keep crying and break down if he thinks that this is his last revival even though he knows when his death occurs and can prevent it, it's just a temporary hardship until he overcomes it.
May 8, 2016 4:00 PM

Oct 2014
Sometimes791 said:

He has the mind of a normal teenager, so he has never experienced death before. He handles this problem by keeping his cheerful attitude, but just a few more deaths and he could succumb to his fears and break.

That's a fool's way of dealing with your problems: Smile and wait for the clues to come to you.

May 8, 2016 4:03 PM

Jan 2013
Looks like he'll have to get close to both of them at the same time, next time around.
May 8, 2016 4:04 PM
Aug 2013
Well, from what i got this episode it probably was the dragon that summoned subaru to that world, to somehow fullfill that contract or something in that regard.
Also suprised he actually was killed by one of the maids, though it was only the curse that summoned a fiend that kills him, in addition to weakening him.
May 8, 2016 4:04 PM

Mar 2010
Lohuydahutt said:
d388 said:

So... asking about the curses and looking around for chains=0 investigation now? Maybe I was doing something wrong during math class...

At this point some people clearly aren't watching same the epiosde as majorly of us, at least ones who need to be spoon fed Subaru looking for something every minute to know that he investigating the killer using his knowledge of the future to plan his actions and reduce the number of suspects.

It's faceplam inducing.
May 8, 2016 4:07 PM

Oct 2014

What is this jacket made of?

May 8, 2016 4:12 PM
Feb 2013
KoreaWS said:

KoreaWS said:

Definitely,

Balls of steel

🌝🌚🌝🌚🌝🌚
May 8, 2016 4:13 PM

Dec 2014
Sometimes791 said:
juicykitten95 said:

you have no idea how ironic the answer is

Though the funniest thing is that it's answered later on (I've read that at least). In every other story they would brush it off as a "fateful event".

I'm dying to find out about this (okay stop with the puns). I honestly have no idea and I feel so stupid.
May 8, 2016 4:14 PM
Apr 2014
Jagd84 said:
And why he need to be constantly on edge if knows how his ability works from experience is intent on using it a way to prepare for the next loop?

As seen here?

2- Of course he should be suspecting everyone since he's been killed in said mansion, I give him credit though for not appearing paranoid or unnatural when talking to the people but his investigation is clearly weak sauce because by the time he decided to leave the mansion he didn't learn jack shit ]about the killer's identity, he's been given so much time and accomplished so little.

No you just sound paranoia and illogical which last thing he needs to do. He should suspects people how have possibly killing him within reason. Acting like he just drop all his spaghetti like is going get him killed even faster. There is no damn proof that was anyone in mansion at that, hence who freaking point of him investigating at all. He literally found who the killer but following his own plan and baiting him out. You're just ignoring it complaining trivial things that have nothing to do with anything. I don't get you at all given the result was exactly what he wanted. Were expecting him prepare some stupid elaborate trap for someone who he doesn't even know anything about that just fall flat on its' face?

Oh now he knows for sure that he's gonna be revived again next because he was revived this number of times before, what a genius.

Paranoia doesn't necessarly mean illogical, there's no concrete evidence that makes any of them innocent, all the points you made about Betty could easily be turned the other way around, making her a possible suspect. We're talking about imminent death of one's self, everything is to be considered.

she has no reason to lie to him to start with. Aside from the fact she was the one who healed, she made her animosity towards him clear. If she was the killer she be doing a terrible job

Because now healing and showing animosity towards someone means that you can't possibly be the one killed them, ok.
And she has no reason to lie to him? just like she has no reason to tell him the truth either, please, he just came there very recently, One could assume that she'd side with the master of the mansion.
May 8, 2016 4:16 PM
Feb 2013
Dystania said:
Sometimes791 said:

I'm dying to find out about this (okay stop with the puns). I honestly have no idea and I feel so stupid.

Same. I know I'm gonna hate myself again after finding out the reason behind all this if it was 'really obvious' because I will begin to trace back from the beginning and see things in a different light and think how stupid I am for not figuring it out
May 8, 2016 4:18 PM

Jul 2015
KoreaWS said:
Sometimes791 said:

He has the mind of a normal teenager, so he has never experienced death before. He handles this problem by keeping his cheerful attitude, but just a few more deaths and he could succumb to his fears and break.

That's a fool's way of dealing with your problems: Smile and wait for the clues to come to you.

When did I say that he just waits for the clues to come? He looked for clues in the mansion. But there's also a point, where his investigation could be discovered, if he goes too far. What should he do then? Opps, I looked for something, don't worry? The people in the mansion aren't dense, but they appear very careful as to me. So he could choose to get a free death or instead try to build bonds to earn trust. This trust could pay off by giving him more information regarding the personalities and the situation in the mansion. Did he sit in a corner and cry for this mother? No. He investigated. It just wasn't successful as there were next to no clues.
Another problem is Puck. He can sense evil intentions. If he sensed Subaru's doubt against Emilia, he could take drastic measures to remove the problem.
May 8, 2016 4:18 PM

Apr 2015
KoreaWS said:

Maybe Graphene ? i have the same doubt

i think we dont have any explanation about this.

~ X-Files Theme~
May 8, 2016 4:20 PM

Oct 2012
Ok so next episode is gonna be super epic and amazing. We're getting really close to passing the manga now so I can hardly contain my excitement
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
May 8, 2016 4:21 PM
Jan 2013
I actually had a bit of Higurashi vibes towards the end, the good kind ofc, and not to compare the series or anything. Things are really starting to pick up!

KoreaWS said:

^I think that has to do with the way the jacket was used. Think of how it's difficult to slice a string that's floating freely in the air as opposed to slicing it when the string is held still and stretched.
May 8, 2016 4:25 PM

Apr 2015
I am sort of wondering how he managed not to break his back with that rope trick of his, but I might be overestimating the height he fell from.

I guess some progress occured this episode...which Is nice.
May 8, 2016 4:25 PM
Feb 2013
Drake1000 said:
Jagd84 said:

As seen here?

Oh now he knows fore sure that he's gonna be revived again next because he was revived this number of times before, what a genius.

Paranoia doesn't necessarly mean illogical, there's no concrete evidence that makes any of them innocent, all the points you made about Betty could easily be turned the other way around, making her a possible suspect. We're talking about imminent death of one's self, everything is to be considered.

she has no reason to lie to him to start with. Aside from the fact she was the one who healed, she made her animosity towards him clear. If she was the killer she be doing a terrible job

Because now healing and showing animosity towards someone means that you can't possibly be the one killed them, ok.
And she has no reason to lie to him? just like she has no reason to tell him the truth either, please, he just came there very recently, One could assume that she'd side with the master of the mansion.

Just a thought.

In my opinion, I don't think she's lying. First of all, in the previous episodes, Betty always says ' it wasn't for Betty after all' every time Subaru comes in and basically doesn't ask her anything. I think that is her purpose there. Think of her as a librarian for example.

If I was Subaru I wouldn't suspect her either. Someone who was, say, an assassin, with those sneaky ways of killing definitely isn't someone who would suck up the life out of me in just the first meeting. It would be someone who I would suspect the least. It would be too obvious for Betty since I know she has that power. The way Subaru was killed was sneaky. Never showing the face etc. With Betty, she is straightforward and would kill u there asap in the bat of an eye.
May 8, 2016 4:30 PM

Mar 2010
Drake1000 said:

Oh now he knows fore sure that he's gonna be revived again next because he was revived this number of times before, what a genius.

Well, yes because that is how people build plans, through experience. It's a lot better relying in random conjectures and there is base to work from.

"Sigh" Of course there isn't. That's why he methodologically went about asking about curse and who could use them to begin with. What point of that scene otherwise? What can he logical do beside that? Waste item a bunch of useless conjectures on his own? Honestly Betty herself just prove herself in by pointing out she and Puck could have done same thing as the curse that killed using mana drain? If were the killer why just tell him that when just easier to kill when he's running around like looking for killer being none the wiser?

And thanks to 2nd loop he obtain he two clues from him to work from to start his investigation of killer and possible suspects. He's methodology worked and he came face to face who killed. Now unless he had made a mistake and did not intend for any of what occurred at the end to happened complaining about silly and moot.

Lastly no you cannot think logically when your under paranoia. It warps you reasoning capabilities and make up stuff that's impossible to happen or end up disregarding the facts you know just for wild mass guessin. Might well not bother doing anything and just stay huddled in your room if going to ignoring everything you here and see.

See my post my response to this question above. Again it doesn't make any sense from standpoint of a killer to tell him anything at all incase he attempt to mount a defense.
Iron_MawMay 8, 2016 4:40 PM
May 8, 2016 4:31 PM

Oct 2014
Aeluriel said:

^I think that has to do with the way the jacket was used. Think of how it's difficult to slice a string that's floating freely in the air as opposed to slicing it when the string is held still and stretched.

True, but the fact it failed to kill has to do with Rem not noticing Subaru is using the reverse of the jacket as a bait (Notice the orange color in the front instead of the black and white motif) This would also imply that Rem didn't consider hitting the lower body in order to avoid the defensive countermeasure of Subaru (which is a valid tactic if you want to kill someone)

There is also the issue that there's still light, and unless Rem has visibility issues is pretty hard to believe she couldn't notice Subaru's stance. And we are also assuming that Subaru could redirect, in a really short span of time, a fast blow that, mind you, was enough to tear him apart.

May 8, 2016 4:34 PM

May 2015
juicykitten95 said:
OniiChanStopThat said:

will it be revealed in these 25 episodes?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2016 4:38 PM

Oct 2014
zal said:
juicykitten95 said:

Arc 4 cover this. There are speculations that Arc 2, the current one, will last until ch 10, which leaves 15 episodes to handle arc 3 (a relatively longer one). It will depend on WhiteFox how they will handle the adaptation. So far, they've rearranged scenes.

May 8, 2016 4:40 PM
Jan 2013
I guess somehow Subaru has some moves up his sleeves despite being a seemingly average-athletic guy, with a strong mindset~
May 8, 2016 4:45 PM

Mar 2010
zal said:
juicykitten95 said:

No, but you will get hints throughout the episodes. This isn't like Grimgar or Erased thankfully in that aspect. Barring in mind though that this one of major mysteries of series that hasn't been directly confirmed even all the way to the current Arc 6 and Japanese readers are making whole lotta interesting speculation based the known information.
Iron_MawMay 8, 2016 5:10 PM
May 8, 2016 4:49 PM

May 2015
@KoreaWS Thank you

@Jagd84 Thank you but that last statement was a bit uncalled for.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2016 4:50 PM

Aug 2014
Rem? Why?

This series always gives an unexpected surprise at the end of each episode.
May 8, 2016 4:51 PM

Dec 2013
I thought it was going to be one of the twins but that ending still blew my mind. Really excited about next weeks episode.
May 8, 2016 4:53 PM
Apr 2016
Is Emilia the Jealous Witch from the story? In episode 1, Emilia told Subaru to call her "Satella" which in episode 2 we found out that name was the name of "The Jealous Witch". So why did she choose that name of all things, even in another episode someone said that were was a striking resemblance between Emilia and Satella the Jealous Witch. So is she her? And what relevance does this have to the plot since it came up in this episode?

Also, why was Emilia's shadow reversed in the opening of this episode? Is she actually evil? In the ending sequence of episode 5, she looked really angry and pissed at Subaru for some reason, and the colors of her clothing were darkened. What does this mean?

May 8, 2016 5:00 PM

Dec 2013
Aeluriel said:
I guess somehow Subaru has some moves up his sleeves despite being a seemingly average-athletic guy, with a strong mindset~

He spends his free time working out because he has nothing better to do. He's stated this several times in the early episodes.
May 8, 2016 5:00 PM

May 2015
To add my opinion to the speculations: I don't think emilia is satella however I think Emilia might be the witch's daughter.
May 8, 2016 5:03 PM

Oct 2012
And here we go again with story of red and blue ogre (though it's oni, devil, you know, translator?), last year's Ore Monogatari also included this fairytale. And we also got snippet of story about Satella but no much details just yet.

The ending wasn't actually bad though I kind of expected that. And now I only wonder if sister who kills him change depending on which one feels more liked by him. Here it seems that some strike of the balance between those two will be needed to get out of this loop.. Ram said that by herself when she had given him the choice of one of her fingers.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

1170 by Lejy0nr »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

725 by motakku »»
May 17, 5:36 PM

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.