Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 3, 2016 10:47 AM

Nov 2011
Drake1000 said:

It doesn't really matter whether they disarm him or not, his IBM could easily pass him any gun out there, what you should be questionning is him coming to fight the japanese special forces with a shitty shotgun, and them not bringing a Water hose to disable the IBM and fucking tranquilizers.

Disarming a armed person is pretty much a protocol when you shoot him and Satou knew he couldnt get through Special Force's kevlar protection unless he could shoot at them point blank. If those Special Forces had taken Satou's shotgun,they would have dealt THAT threat.
Reason why they couldnt use tranquilizers was,they are illegal to use and they cant use them on public. I dont know why they didnt have water hose,but like i said earlier, this and not disarming Satou could be "without stupidity there is no plot" sort of thing or writers didnt care.
OnbuuApr 3, 2016 11:01 AM
Apr 3, 2016 11:25 AM

Sep 2015
I was enjoying this episode until they went the route of making it like Hollywood where they throw logic out the window and have the police force become useless cannon fodder who just stand there letting themselves be shot whilst doing fuck all to stop him.

Not to mention that Tanaka can apparently either teleport or fly, given that he was hopping from building to building in an apparent instant. I mean, I highly doubt they would have kept the transport vehicle fuckin' miles away, so the only other conclusion is that Tanaka can travel from the top of one tall building to the other in a handful of seconds.

The "we can't use tranquilisers because it's illegal" seems highly contrived too. I also don't get why they didn't disarm Satou and why they didn't just stick a knife in his throat. There were so many ways they could have disarmed him without forcing him to revive.

Meh. Flashy stuff really suffers when they throw basic logic down the shitter. Having everyone be stupid just so the plot can play out is a terrible manner of writing.
MazApr 3, 2016 11:28 AM
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Apr 3, 2016 11:32 AM

Mar 2015
Onbuu said:

"They are the best!" except they didnt disarm Satou. "What can possibly go wrong?" /facepalm

It's mostly noticeable in the manga, but he was wearing a pistol leash/lanyard
Apr 3, 2016 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
Satou was so badass. He owned the SAT squad so badly with the other Ajins.
Apr 3, 2016 1:17 PM

Feb 2015
Gosh! That was... um, wow... ⊂•⊃_⊂•⊃
Apr 3, 2016 1:19 PM

Feb 2015
G_Spark233 said:
dm106 said:
Am I the only one here that hates Satou?

No. There would be some people out there who dislikes him but majority of people love him.

I'm not a big fan of him too but he's quite interesting and a badass character. Without him this anime would be bland.
Apr 3, 2016 1:43 PM
Feb 2013
When the sniper team 'was under fire', at first I thought it was Tanaka who was using a sniper again :P

Loved the shotgun scene, can't wait for next week ^.^
Apr 3, 2016 2:07 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I feel like they really elongated that scene where they were carrying Satou on the stretcher. It felt just a little too long imo, I think the tension would still be there with shorter length of that scene. Buuut it was still fucking amazing when Satou said, "Good morning," and then everyone was like what're those suspended bullets...

I recall Satou's sniper to have sniffed some cocaine or something I think in the manga, but it makes sense why they wouldn't have it in the anime.

Kita is really pissed about his funds, although who wouldn't. That reward for bringing an Ajin looks better than ever. But really, can a normal citizen really have the ability to do that?
Apr 3, 2016 2:56 PM
Mar 2014
Nice but with as many have noticed, there appears to be a couple illogical things in this episode. Here's my take on many of these:
1.Not disarming Satou: mentioned earlier...he had it tied to him
2.Shooting the cuffs off: umm...that one is kinda serious. He could have shot his arms off though for a simliar result
3. Tanaka teleporting.....maybe he was in the same building and went to the roof. Or he hitched a ride on an IBM -.-
4. Tranquilizers: Another one I can't really explain...its supposed to be illegal but they are already doing alot of stuff that will get them into trouble. The very existence of the anti-ajin corps for example.

Some other stuff:
1.An ajin's death: Cutting of an ajin's head doesn't really do anything except to kill the head. A new one grows, with the exact same personality and memories, so to other people and the "new" head, death doesn't really apply
Apr 3, 2016 3:02 PM

Dec 2013
citizen169 said:
Nice but with as many have noticed, there appears to be a couple illogical things in this episode. Here's my take on many of these:
2.Shooting the cuffs off: umm...that one is kinda serious. He could have shot his arms off though for a simliar result
3. Tanaka teleporting.....maybe he was in the same building and went to the roof. Or he hitched a ride on an IBM -.-
4. Tranquilizers: Another one I can't really explain...its supposed to be illegal but they are already doing alot of stuff that will get them into trouble. The very existence of the anti-ajin corps for example.

Some other stuff:
1.An ajin's death: Cutting of an ajin's head doesn't really do anything except to kill the head. A new one grows, with the exact same personality and memories, so to other people and the "new" head, death doesn't really apply

2. That was censorship. Manga they did shoot his hands off.

3. Yeah I found that weird as well. Would've made much more sense if he used his IBM like he did in the manga

4. It would've had the same result as what happened in episode 5.
Apr 3, 2016 3:23 PM
Apr 2014
Onbuu said:
Drake1000 said:

It doesn't really matter whether they disarm him or not, his IBM could easily pass him any gun out there, what you should be questionning is him coming to fight the japanese special forces with a shitty shotgun, and them not bringing a Water hose to disable the IBM and fucking tranquilizers.

Disarming a armed person is pretty much a protocol when you shoot him and Satou knew he couldnt get through Special Force's kevlar protection unless he could shoot at them point blank. If those Special Forces had taken Satou's shotgun,they would have dealt THAT threat.
Reason why they couldnt use tranquilizers was,they are illegal to use and they cant use them on public. I dont know why they didnt have water hose,but like i said earlier, this and not disarming Satou could be "without stupidity there is no plot" sort of thing or writers didnt care.

Hmm so that's why he brought a shotgun, I didn't know the special forces's own guns can't get damage their kevlar protection, still even if they did take away the shotgun I wouldn't put it past his IBM to take back the shotgun and throw it to Sato tbh, I really don't think it's the worst plot hole in this episode.
It's weird as fuck that the special forces can't use the tranquilizers when they know he's immortal and even know that water disables the IBM as proven by that sniper using water against Tanaka's IBM so clearly they had all the intel they needed they're just retarded for the plot. Killing him is fine but paralyzing him is not lol.
Drake1000Apr 3, 2016 3:28 PM
Apr 3, 2016 6:07 PM

Dec 2015
this anime started as 710
and right now its a slolid masterpice for me!
fuk yeah

this so is so intense that i cant miss an episode
this episode is 1110
this is a great show honestly

tho the excuse of not using tranq is quite stupid but what ever i dont give it a lot of though
maybe they were sure then can do without it fine (underrastimated him)
and didnt wanted the people to go against them... so they decided not to use it.

but this was a great fighting and i can forgive for that one :D
Apr 3, 2016 6:20 PM

Dec 2010
"We can't use tranquilizers, it's illegal!!!1" but shooting him dead every 3 seconds isn't. Uh... right.
Apr 3, 2016 6:30 PM
Aug 2013
Only good part of the show is Satou. The inconsistencies with Kei Nagai make the show very undesirable to watch. No idea about Kei's character appeal.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ShockedApr 3, 2016 7:03 PM
Apr 3, 2016 7:10 PM

Oct 2011
Satou OMG BAD@SS with a shotgub

Kei's quite life gone in the finale. Thanks to Satou and that Yamanaka guy OMG
Apr 3, 2016 7:56 PM

Apr 2015
MagnaMoon said:
G_Spark233 said:

No. There would be some people out there who dislikes him but majority of people love him.

I'm not a big fan of him too but he's quite interesting and a badass character. Without him this anime would be bland.

So true. He does bring a lot of interest to the show. I still wish someone would just hurry up and immobilise him for good somehow.
Apr 3, 2016 8:06 PM

Jan 2016
Ohaiyo

absolutely intense.

The name for the last episode is perfect, #hype

Apr 3, 2016 8:46 PM

Dec 2011
G_Spark233 said:
citizen169 said:

Some other stuff:

2. That was censorship. Manga they did shoot his hands off.

3. Yeah I found that weird as well. Would've made much more sense if he used his IBM like he did in the manga

4. It would've had the same result as what happened in episode 5.

Yeah, people keep mentioning not using tranquilliser like they forgot what happened several episodes ago. Satou or even the snipers will just kill him and allow him to revive without the tranquilliser spreading. It was honestly a smart move to keep killing Satou so he couldn't revive at all. I found it random of them to mention the fact it's illegal to use in public, why couldn't they just have explained it's actually the better option.. killing Satou multiple times isn't exactly humane either o.o
Apr 3, 2016 8:49 PM

Mar 2015
Onbuu said:
And that's why you dont put all eggs in to same basket, Kita-san

Seriously. First rule of personal finance c'mon man

Apr 3, 2016 9:25 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A really nicely done "tight" episode! Still liking this series as a top anime of this year.
Apr 3, 2016 9:27 PM

Jul 2009
Onbuu said:
Doomdoctor said:

I noticed that too. That was pretty stupid. I wonder how it slipped through the writer or the scriptwriters.
Also, how did Tanaka travel to one point from another so fast?

Still the action is mind blowing. And makes up for everything.

In Satou's case,i guess it's one of those "without stupidity there is no plot" sort of things or writers didnt care. In Tanaka's case, i dont know. Nevertheless the action was good.

He ran? That's why he was panting. We don't really know how much time lapsed.

I totally love the "Ah, I'm exhausted" Satou is savage.
Apr 3, 2016 9:30 PM
Aug 2015
I already saw people talking about this, but they should have seriously took away Satou's gun first. What I also don't get is why didn't they just kill him permanently by decapitating him or something? You get rid of Satou for good that way.
Intense episode though.
5/5
Apr 4, 2016 12:52 AM

Jun 2014
It's like people weren't even watching the episode. THEY EXPLAINED WHY THEY DIDN'T USE TRANQUILIZERS. 1) to catch Satou off guard. 2) it's illegal. 3) THE ENTIRE NATION WAS WATCHING THIS. If the police force broke the law with the entire nation, and parts of the world watching, it would be a political firestorm. They would catch Satou, then lose the nation to revolt and political pressure from the outside.
Come on guys. Basic politics.

(really though, they should have slipped him a huge amount of a sedative after they tied him down.) But then again, they weren't planning on him having THAT much back-up.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 4, 2016 4:11 AM

May 2015
G_Spark233 said:
dm106 said:
Am I the only one here that hates Satou?

I am so confused why everyone seems to love Satou and hate Kei when it's the other way around for me.

Kei is the best example of a human, selfish and highly intelligent. Just because ordinary MCs are much like Nakano Kou, doesn't mean they are more annoying than realistic. Kei is the most compelling main character I have seen in a long time. Yes, his character seems inconsistent, but heck, aren't we all? We can be the biggest absolute assholes sometimes (whether knowingly/unknowingly) and yet be able to do a surprisingly nice thing for someone the next day, sometimes as a whim. Every one of us has a measure of unpredictability. It's perfectly plausible.

Satou, yes he's a badass and entertaining to watch, but at the end of the day he is a true monster, through and through. Watching him is akin to watching how much lower he can go. Yes, he may have a legit reason for fighting for Ajin rights, but I would never vouch for someone that quite enjoys killing for fun.

Onbuu said:
And that's why you dont put all eggs in to same basket, Kita-san

"They are the best!" except they didnt disarm Satou. "What can possibly go wrong?" /facepalm
Satou is kinda like Makishima Shougo,while not as charismatic as Makishima: Show is telling,that he's the bad guy, but the other side is as bad as he is,if not worse. Once you drive beast into corner...

I echo your statement on Makishima, I was thinking the same thing myself. Makishima is a majestic, twisted creature - also very convincing in his learned words. I was in total fear of him throughout Psycho-Pass and thought him unkillable and would reappear in S2, that's how bad he got me. Legend villain.

Satou doesn't quite hit that level for me. Yes, he is a complete nutjob and OP as fuckkk, but he somehow inspires a feeling akin to awe/amusement in me, not so much as fear. Maybe because there are other Ajin around, there is the hope for a chance to stop him.

I loved this episode, and so hype that shit gonna go down next week and Kei is going to show some serious badassery. I enjoyed him trying to live a normal life, but he is capable of so much more. Having to threaten his grandma :( Poor chap.
littlefujiApr 4, 2016 4:32 AM

"Everyone wants to carve their scars into someone else; everyone wants to connect with someone else." -- Sonozaki Noriko, Kiznaiver
Apr 4, 2016 10:11 AM

Jan 2014
For the people who were not paying attention, they cannot use tranquilizers since it is illegal. Had this not been a huge media event, they would have used it. And they don't have much time to "disarm" Satou as well since they are repeatedly shooting him.

The water hoses all got destroyed when Grant went down. That's out of the question as well.

The only possible argument for this is when Satou's Ajin is on top of Satou to tank the bullets, they should have shot point-blank close at his head to take him out. It's not that hard to literally put your gun to Satou's head on the stretcher.

Additionally, how convenient that the guy who hates Kei is with Grant -.-

I really wish the police won this fight. It's just that the multiple lives Ajin have is a really strong advantage compared to people's one life, one chance.

Think of Satou as an immovable object. The police is an unstoppable force as you can see that they are repeatedly shooting him. The immovable object will win because the objective of the force is to "break" the object, but the object simply does not break.

EDIT: The other Ajins were also not something that the police were expecting since they never knew that Satou had a team apart from that one dude.

And I think Kei would meet Tosaki and best girl again on the finale.
Apr 4, 2016 12:54 PM

Oct 2014
Holy shit does Ajin get me pumped and immersed!
Satou is something else.

5/5!
Apr 4, 2016 1:26 PM

Aug 2014
Amazing ... the only thing I could say , at first I wasnt really sure if I should watch due to the animation but to be honest I am impressed . hoping for a second season
Apr 4, 2016 3:36 PM

Jan 2016
incoming: Satou-san fangirlin' base!! \o/ lololol, seriously? no.

What kind of terrible scene. Even the strongest army of japan of this story can't stopped them. SAT's snippers --even with the condition, they are such a dumb. They are still a kind hearted--or kind of instinct to not shoot person who raised both hands. And the results are fatal, and ajin just easily reversed the state. IBM's role are quite amazing too :o It's astonished me how the way Tanaka's IBM whipped them all. And after they got beaten, police couldn't do anything beside to let him go. Ajin's performances are soo cool! I have no idea how i can support the antagonize side now.
We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Apr 4, 2016 7:52 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, SAT were so efficient at killing Satou, but it would be impossible for him to escape, even with the help of those 2 ajins that were on the roof. SAT had 3 teams of snipers that were shooting them constanly, but that one guy killed their plans, even so, there was too many SAT's killing Satou, it would be impossible for him to escape xD Still it was a great episode, full of amazing acation!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 4, 2016 8:12 PM
Oct 2011
I didn't look carefully... but in manga they use tape, so even if they die and "release" the grip, gun is still connected to hand.
But I don't see a problem to cut off Satou's hand :D
KierronApr 4, 2016 8:17 PM
Apr 5, 2016 12:08 AM

Dec 2013
15poundfish said:
There is a sniper firing, quickly everyone stay out in the open! Water disables proxies, Why does no one have portable hoses? If Tranqs are so effective, why aren't they using them? This show is riddled with holes, and really the only reason to continue watching is because everybody is rooting for Old Gramps with the Shotgun.

I'm just messaging in case you didn't come back here since no one quoted you.
With the sniper they need to transport satou. If they're all like "ermagerd sniper run for it" then what would have happened to Satou? He would have revived then smashed em. Plus they needed to get to the car as fast as they could so I doubt they would have wanted to waste time waiting for the sniper to be disposed of since you know...He's an Ajin
The water, a hose could have done something yes but with how quick an IBM is I think it would have easily dodged it and the person holding the hose would be defenseless. Plus they were kinda on the roof a building. I know you can still get water that high buuuut still. Plus the squad in the building was smart enough to use the sprinklers.
This one is pretty obvious. They discussed this in the room. Tranqs are illegal and the others did say 'what does it matter' but they explained how the whole nation was watching the livestream. If they used they would have been screwed.
Apr 5, 2016 4:48 AM

Sep 2014
Blown away by this episode. Both sides put up a good fight but Satou is just too smart and op for them.

Can't believe he just walked it off with a smile at the end too, lol...
Apr 5, 2016 8:06 AM

Jun 2013
That was some pretty epic neko there. The assault force had the plan of killing Sato repeatedly so that he doesn't get a chance to revive and hence can't do anything funny. But Sato had backup in the form of a sniper who gives Sato an edge. The ajins also pulled off some amazing things. The sniper first tried to kill them but then he injured one of them to buy Sato even more time and he releases his IBM and uses it as a shield. The result, Sato annihilates the 20 strong assault team. Damn. Sato is a monster.

Now Kei is also in big trouble. The overly suspicious man lost all his money in the pharmaceutical company and now he has found Kei's name on tv with a bounty on his head. Kei's safe home is not so safe now. The next episode preview shows him using Yamanaka-san as a hostage. Honestly, he should try and use her to save his ass – not by using her as a hostage because that's stupid. Yamanaka has no interest in handing Kei over to the authorities and would rather protect him so he should use that to his advantage and have her at least stall the other villagers so that he can run away far enough. Considering who Kei is, this should be a logical course of action.
Apr 5, 2016 9:47 PM

Dec 2012
What a BADASS episode! 5/5 for sure
Apr 5, 2016 9:55 PM

Apr 2014
Satou for badass of the season. One man army lol.
I like how at this point in the series, almost no one is bothered by the CGI.
Apr 6, 2016 12:04 AM

Apr 2014
Ajin=2/10

I am not going to commit further into this series. I don't have the time to waste. I have very roughly written this post to communicate my main concerns.

The question is what has this show achieved? Almost nothing. Some of the characters that the show has built up have all went to waste. They served almost no purpose. Their characters and personalities are arbitrary meaning anyone with the same motives could replace them. The show does not draw upon the unique components of each character that they have superficially built up, asides from their "convenient side" of course. One example is the unrealistic hacking skills of that fat cripple. One of the main questions is what the purpose of Nagai, Kei's character? What purpose do his interactions hold? Why am I watching him live his cosy life in the village? Almost no reason so far. The story does not further draw upon these concepts. The same can be said for some other characters such as Kaito, Kou and Izumi. Why do these characters exist? What message are these characters meant to communicate to the viewer and how is it relevant? I take the show is meant to have a season 2 but until then, completely failure. This score keeps in mind the possibility of season 2. If there is no season 2, there is no reason to watch this show. There is almost nothing to gain or take from completing the series.

I take this show is meant to be a thriller, but its thriller elements are very lacking. Satou going against all of Japan is not a thriller. It's suicide or in the case of an Ajin, a recipe for failure. The show has so many convenient plot elements. When they plant the bombs in the building, they expected just to walk right into? Then, there's conveniently a schedule that saves them? This was supposed to be a "master plan" according to Satou. Then, there's the explosion of the building. How did they know where it was going to fall? They seemed to just place explosives everywhere. The tower could have fallen in any direction. It just conveniently fell into the pharmacy. Then, why don't any of the SAT police carry any water at all? Instead of shooting Satou repetitively. They could have just sprayed water on him. Then, how does Satou have enough ammo to kill around 17 people? The concept of reloading and ammo does not apply to him. There is also the artificial barrier of banning the use of tranquillisers. I don't see how this would cause a "disturbance" in public as the anime described it.

To summarise, Ajin has a plot and characters that are too disconnected from each other. This is most noticeable when you compare the first half of the show to the second. Ajin does not meaningfully use the characters they build. Ajin fails as a thriller because the story impractical and illogically convenient in many ways. Now, I assume Ajin is a thriller but if that is not the case, then the score would depreciate further.

What's to take from this is not watch Ajin unless there is a season 2 that is also guaranteed to draw upon the elements built up in this show. One convenient way to summarise everything up is to say Ajin season 1 is all "introductory". There will be miles before Ajin reaches the complication and then the conclusion.
Apr 6, 2016 1:52 PM

Nov 2015
Satou is really a badass

Apr 6, 2016 4:59 PM

Sep 2013
Wow......somehow I sense manga would have shown more brutality than in the anime but ..........shit this was good.

Also why were the IBMs visible suddenly to the snipers?????
Apr 6, 2016 10:05 PM
Jun 2015
Shadowsnake777 said:

I'm just messaging in case you didn't come back here since no one quoted you.
With the sniper they need to transport satou. If they're all like "ermagerd sniper run for it" then what would have happened to Satou? He would have revived then smashed em. Plus they needed to get to the car as fast as they could so I doubt they would have wanted to waste time waiting for the sniper to be disposed of since you know...He's an Ajin

There should be multiple escape routes during in operation, Do you honestly think military operations are like in a video game? Snipers in real life are a huge threat and I doubt they would taken the chance to outrun the sniper. They also didn't try to restrain Satou or at least disarm his weapon regardless if it was chained or not.

Shadowsnake777 said:

The water, a hose could have done something yes but with how quick an IBM is I think it would have easily dodged it and the person holding the hose would be defenseless. Plus they were kinda on the roof a building. I know you can still get water that high buuuut still. Plus the squad in the building was smart enough to use the sprinklers.

It would not be hard for a couple of men to support each squad with a 50-100 gallon portable hose. It kind of makes it worse that a single guy can sneak up on snipers and doesn't make much sense for there be only a spotter when they know how much of a threat ajin are.

Shadowsnake777 said:

This one is pretty obvious. They discussed this in the room. Tranqs are illegal and the others did say 'what does it matter' but they explained how the whole nation was watching the livestream. If they used they would have been screwed.
It doesn't make much sense considering they are dealing with a terrorist. I don't see how the public at large would be angry at tranqs but be fine when them shooting someone in head every two seconds. It really is just an excuse by the author to make the Ajin appear competent against the JDSF.
Apr 7, 2016 11:29 AM
Apr 2016
Okay for all the ppl asking why they didn't disarm Satou, I'm going to say that I don't think it would have made any difference. Once they were in close range, guns weren't going to help the SAT at all because of the issue of friendly fire.

Satou could have done the same damage with one of their rifles, a knife, or anything else.

The only unrealistic thing this episode had was the sniper shooting Satou's restraints. Everything else kept to the reasonable. Although I do agree if someone had the brilliance to knife Satou in the face, that might have settled things. But again, it's rather unknown (isn't it?) that decapitation is generally an Ajin's sole weakness.

If even that, we haven't saw an Ajin decapitated yet.

Edit:

Reading some of the other arguments against the SAT's countermeasures. It's completely unrealistic. Unbelievably.

Tranq darts are just not effective tools to be used. Maybe they worked in some episodes of this show. However, the reality of a tranquilizer dart is far different than what you're assuming. Firstly they take considerable time to have any effect. Then there area plethora of other reasons why they aren't able to be utilized ... http://bit.ly/1S5KyQL

The few times the tranq dart was employed in this show wouldn't compare to the reality of it, honestly... The use of tranq darts in Ajin so far are more unrealistic than the reasons for not using it this episode.

Moreover, the reasons given this episode are all completely valid. Such as it does take a doctor on hand to decide the proper dosage and various other details before their use. It would be difficult to acquire such an individual on short notice... And not having such an authority present would in fact make their usage illegal. Such a thing would never be broadcast on national television and as this entire event was on live stream to the entirety of Japan (and further), there wasn't any way tranqs were going to be deployed... Valid reasoning.

In addition, the consideration to bring water as a countermeasure against the IBM. That's exactly what the pharmaceutical company was intending before episode 11. It's a measure that takes considerable preparation beforehand. How is someone supposed to aim at the IBM if they can't see it? The entire area need be blanketed.

So, assuming the SAT would have a secondary version of this countermeasure ready given the failure of the primary is rather unrealistic.

Nonetheless, I guess not everyone enjoys Ajin. It's a wonderful anime imo and Satou is badass, comparable to Makishima Shogo. He ranks up there with the antagonists that have enough flair to essentially replace a series' protagonist.

double edit:
I also want to respond to sadpwner about his grabbing for fictionary reasons, but it would make this comment too long. Nevertheless, some can make up any possible reasons to justify something they don't like. This anime (and I assume also the manga) tries very hard to keep to reality on everything within while allowing its plot.

For example the scheduling when the bombs were placed... If they didn't schedule beforehand with their company to perform maintenance, how would they manage in the building? Why would it be simple coincidence..? It's like saying that it's coincidence Satou recruited skilled help for this plan, didn't think anything out, and everything just happened. Then following on this flawed logic to state that Ajin is a bad show.

Of course there is a reason why he recruited someone for technical support, of course it was mathematically calculated where to lay the bombs, if you watched episode 10/11. No, nothing was left to chance.

Of course, I understand that you may dislike Ajin. But it''s better to just say that straight out instead of adding so much filler. Anyway, I really do think it's a good show. Hugely underrated.

And also, I do agree that Ajin is building its background atm. We've been introduced to a lot of characters, a lot of background information, and none of the connections are being fully fleshed out. The show will take some time to get to it's conclusion, certainly, we'd require multiple seasons.
TsukiakareApr 7, 2016 12:08 PM
Apr 8, 2016 10:09 AM

Jul 2012
Considering how Nagai Kei is and how his IBM works, I can't wait to see what he pulls off with it, presumably against Satou.

Actually, Nagai Kei thinks a lot like I do. Almost identically. Just I'm a little nicer for the purpose of gaining prestige in other's minds. The more prestige I have, the more convenient everyone else acts.

----

Swat could've easily made him into a double amputee for transport - that's probably the only flaw in their strategy.
ChdataApr 8, 2016 10:12 AM
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Apr 9, 2016 8:46 PM

Jan 2016
One of the best episodes in any anime hands down. Satou was really badass.
Apr 10, 2016 4:21 AM

Jun 2014
most facepalmed plot hole. they bring the shotgun with Satou body. :V
Apr 10, 2016 8:22 AM

Aug 2015
I found it kind of odd they didn't disarm Satou, seems like a silly thing to overlook but oh well. Great episode Satou is a beast.
Apr 10, 2016 11:40 AM

Jun 2015
Why nobody pays attention to this anime? It was one of the best anime in winter season. And look at this episode. Doesn't it remind you of Death Note or Code Geass mind games and plans?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 10, 2016 4:15 PM

Jul 2009
I feel that Satou were the MC since the beginning and I just noticed now...
Apr 10, 2016 7:49 PM

Feb 2012
I don't think Tanaka was unbelievably fast.

He is an ajin, so he probably just jumped down from the first building, died, came back to life and went up the other building.

It's still quite a stretch, but we don't know exactly how much time passed so I think it's acceptable.
Apr 12, 2016 11:40 AM
Jul 2015
I thought ibm's are invisible to the human eye then how come those snipers are able to see the ibm's?
Apr 13, 2016 6:36 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, the tension was crazy high in this episode.
Apr 13, 2016 11:17 AM

Jun 2013
you gotta admit Satou is pretty badass it's like he's playing an FPS
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

259 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

111 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

84 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.