Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 26, 2015 2:25 PM

Mar 2012
Saito6689 said:
Could be i'm late but:
Krul Tepes
Mina Tepes

Both have the same seiyuu, both are vampires with red eyes, both are lolis,both have the same last name.

I'm positive Krul was inspired a lot by Mina. "Tepes" or Romanian for "impaler" being a nickname that was given to Vlad Dracula who is accredited as being the real life inspiration for Count Dracula.

I think Krul being voiced by Yuuki Aoi is a shout out to Mina.
Dec 26, 2015 2:28 PM

May 2015
who's said krul is dead?

she's still alive, in the jail (maybe?)
Dec 26, 2015 2:41 PM

Jan 2014
Krul don't die please!
Dec 26, 2015 2:49 PM

Oct 2009
Well... I don't know what to make out of that. At least Guren is still hot.
Dec 26, 2015 2:53 PM

Dec 2015
When I heard that Yuu is the king of salt. (O.o)
Dec 26, 2015 2:58 PM
Aug 2012
I thought that s1 was better than this one... But the ending won everything :) Music was great as always. Seraphs animation was good (but few things other that the battle might have been better)! The atmosphere was epic and the moment when Guren laught and cry was quite psychodelic. I liked thsi little change at the end of the ending when there was new squad (wow, Mika was in a good mood, probably he got used to his new friends) ad of course the credit card was cool. I wish Shinya and Krul will be next members xD And please, treat Asura with love... I just can;t like Guren from the beginning of s1.

But, but... I wanted to write this post because I was so happy that they showed us who is the best friends in this show - Crowley of course! He attacted Krul for his bff Ferid without knowing what was the exact aim of his friend. And my favourite Ferid Bathory just managed to drink Krul's blood. He's so cheating and that's why I love him. Do you know any similar characters like him? Please, let me know! ;) Oh, I'm not a big fan of romance but it would be a paradise to see someone like him falling in love.
Dec 26, 2015 3:04 PM

Oct 2015
After re-watching this episode quite a few times I've become more and more... frustrated with it. They have changed Mika, in the manga Mika is much more protective of Yuu,
when Mika tells Yuu that he's his only family, Mika practically shouts it at Yuu, also Mika hates humans too much to just run away with them at the end, and it doesn't help that it didn't explain at all why he does so. He could have easily taken Yuu from them again and run away, and he could have even told Yuu (when he wakes up) that the Shinoa squad died so Yuu wouldn't go looking to save them, the anime has managed to overdevelop Mika in 30 seconds.

Also the way Kimizuki just brushed off his whole sister thing, was very not him, even from the way he was acting when he found out the seraph was Mirai, you wouldn't have expected him to just brush it off when she seems fine, especially not wait 4 months to finally go and rescue her.
Dec 26, 2015 3:05 PM

Dec 2014
5/10 for the ending, it need more sequel!

9/10 for action scene, the animation are pretty good i like it!

I give 7/10 for this season. So Shinoa squad & Mika + Narumi will fight Japan demon squad. And Krul Tepes is.... she isn't died maybe
Dec 26, 2015 3:07 PM

Oct 2011
Interesting ending, I guess. Loved Kureto's reactions.

8/10.

Which chapter in manga the anime ends?
Dec 26, 2015 3:13 PM

Jul 2015
too many unanswered questions ;-; is there a manga/ln adaptation of this that is a bit further than the anime? i really like the story-line.

didn't really like the 4 month time-skip, but it was really nice seeing mika let down his guard and begin to accept yu's family c: 8/10
Dec 26, 2015 3:15 PM

Jan 2014
2/10 ending, that was complete bull shit.
Dec 26, 2015 3:29 PM

Mar 2008
The Salt ending is hilarious as Yuu walked into the sea to fill up his salt.
Dec 26, 2015 3:30 PM

Jan 2014
Hrm, not too sure what to expect later on (other than everything being fucked up now). I enjoyed this season a bit more than the first however.
Dec 26, 2015 3:33 PM

May 2010
NOOO KRULLLL, that was soooo krullll
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 26, 2015 3:36 PM

Sep 2010
Ugh. I hope Krul isn't dead, but I'm fine if she's captured.

It would go with the lines of 'saving family members' like Guren and Mirai in the manga.
Dec 26, 2015 3:42 PM

Oct 2008
Someone please tell me Krul only lost consciousness and didn't die! My kurumika ship (ノ_・。)

I dunno what to think of the battle, the thing about the trumpets and gods was lost on me. Kinda felt like I was watching Evangelion when Yu held his lance of longinus to destroy the Angel. Didn't understand why Yu could go back to normal after all that.

What I did like was that in the end Team Shinoa + Narumi and Mika ended up as their own splintered faction like I wanted. And how the end card showed the main ships in this show with the hand holding.

In any case would miss this show and its characters.
Dec 26, 2015 3:45 PM

Sep 2008
Too many random things popped out of nowhere in this one. It was a complete trainwreck from the start of the episode to the end.
Dec 26, 2015 3:52 PM

Jan 2011
renaiyuusha said:
who's said krul is dead?

she's still alive, in the jail (maybe?)
I would say she is almost definitely alive. Blood draining doesn't equal death. I would say it's one of the most efficient ways for a vampire to kill a superior vampire seeing as blood is what enabled a good deal of their strength. Also remember Krul is a 3rd progenitor, Crowley and Ferid are 13th and 7th respectively. She wiped the floor, literally wiped it with the greater of the two back in the first season. I'm sure they'd want to make her "stand trial" or some BS, plus she didn't seem friendly with the other 3rd progenitor, perhaps this could lead into some interesting developments regarding the history of humans and vampires.
Dec 26, 2015 3:56 PM

Aug 2013
This was a good ending to this adaptation in my opinion, Yuu releasing its power to save everyone and then Ashuramaru can still save Yuu, moreover Mika and Narumi join the squad and flee, this end gives a chance to a next adaptation if the manga continues and I hope that this anime has another season ..
Dec 26, 2015 3:57 PM
Jul 2018
Felt this ep was rushed

and wtf crowley?

K.O by that loli vampire...

seriously dude?
Dec 26, 2015 4:04 PM

Jan 2011
PericlesD said:
Felt this ep was rushed

and wtf crowley?

K.O by that loli vampire...

seriously dude?
7th progenitor < 3rd progenitor.
Dec 26, 2015 4:09 PM

Jul 2014
King of Salt tho. Me when playing league.
Dec 26, 2015 4:11 PM
Mar 2014
Great episode. When there is content, I want another season.
Dec 26, 2015 4:12 PM

Jul 2014
Confucius said:
NOOO KRULLLL, that was soooo krullll
No..... Just no.....
Dec 26, 2015 4:14 PM
Sep 2013
Okay this episode just proves how bad of an idea it is to go pass the manga. (I really hope this is an anime original ending).

By far the most retarded part was Krul losing to Ferid when she curb stomped him in S1 Ep3/4. That was unbelievably anti-climatic. Look I don't mind if she gets captured and labelled as a 'traitor' but the way it was done here was completely stupid. I mean just a 13th and 7th progenitor take down a 3rd!!! Dear oh dear I just hope to God this does not happen in the manga.

Serveral characters behave differently as well like Kimizuki who was much more furious in the manga.

This episode gets a 3/10

Overall season gets a 6/10.
Dec 26, 2015 4:31 PM

Nov 2011
kurikinton said:
YES focus that ass more

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who realized that haha.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 26, 2015 4:38 PM

Jan 2011
Zetsubo667 said:
By far the most retarded part was Krul losing to Ferid when she curb stomped him in S1 Ep3/4. That was unbelievably anti-climatic. Look I don't mind if she gets captured and labelled as a 'traitor' but the way it was done here was completely stupid. I mean just a 13th and 7th progenitor take down a 3rd!!!

She was double teamed. Another point worth mentioning is the fact he didn't strike her, he bit and drained her. If you remember their was a part before their operation where Guren observes a trio of captured (and possibly delirious) vampires. They were bound by iron chains but couldn't muster the strength to break free. I doubt the humans were giving them a bountiful (if any) meal. Think starvation diet from WWII. Also Mika couldn't even regenerate without taking some of Yuu's blood in "that gay-ass" episode two weeks ago.
Dec 26, 2015 4:41 PM

Jul 2015
Really loved it. Looking forward to watching the next season when/if it gets one!
Dec 26, 2015 4:48 PM

Jan 2013
So much stuff happened this episode, it's kind of ridiculous.
The whole other 11 episodes were taking their time then everything went down all at once.
Dec 26, 2015 4:51 PM

Jan 2010
Killing a character voiced by Aoi Yuuki is just asking for trouble. Fuck you anime, fuck you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2015 4:52 PM

Apr 2007
I knew I was going to dislike this finale once I saw Guren was possessed, because I disliked that idea alone so much. It's disappointing since I loved literally every episode, this season, before the finale.

And leaving perfect character Shinya's status up in the air like that was depressing.
MonochromeDec 26, 2015 4:53 PM
Dec 26, 2015 4:55 PM

Oct 2013
Talk about time skips that come out of nowhere lol.

Dec 26, 2015 4:59 PM

Sep 2013
I'm really hoping this isn't how the next chapter of the manga goes

Dec 26, 2015 5:00 PM

May 2015
Intense finale there. I enjoyed it from start to end. Enjoyed this second season way more than the first season. 9/10.

Dec 26, 2015 5:07 PM
Sep 2013
QWERTYFish25 said:

She was double teamed. Another point worth mentioning is the fact he didn't strike her, he bit and drained her. If you remember their was a part before their operation where Guren observes a trio of captured (and possibly delirious) vampires. They were bound by iron chains but couldn't muster the strength to break free. I doubt the humans were giving them a bountiful (if any) meal. Think starvation diet from WWII. Also Mika couldn't even regenerate without taking some of Yuu's blood in "that gay-ass" episode two weeks ago.

Well you can hardly compare the captured vampires to Krul's situation as firstly those vampires aren't even nobles and secondly they would of been weakened over a period of several days not in an instant.

Even if she was double teamed the level between them are too vast for those two alone to stand a chance. 6th Progenitors and above are on the council and are on a different level to the likes of Ferid and Crowley. If we make a comparison Yuu and Narumi's team beat a 15th progenitor with some difficulty but managed to do so without losing anyone. Guren and his team, Shinya and Yuu's team then face off against Crowley a 13th progenitor and are annihilated. That's only a difference of two classes and there's that much of a gap in power. Crowley is 10 classes lower than Krul and Ferid is 4 classes. At least Crowley was beaten within a couple of seconds but considering how quickly she reacted to Crowley's attack, she could of easily turned around to attack Ferid when he approached her from behind and even if he did manage to 'bite' her she could of easily chopped off his head or 'bite' him back.

If Ferid hadn't shown his strength yet or had never lost to Krul previously it might of been more believable but since both of these have happened its ridiculous for her to lose to him here. If she was double teamed by a 6th and 5th progenitor I would of been okay with this but a 7th and 13th is too big of a gap, I mean if all it took was just two nobles to take their queen out they would of done it ages ago.
Zetsubo667Dec 26, 2015 5:10 PM
Dec 26, 2015 5:08 PM
Oct 2014
.......So season three anyone?
Dec 26, 2015 5:33 PM

Jan 2011
This shit...was just not good guys. Passable at best. And not just the wtf level of this episode. The whole show from start to finish is just people whining. The drama is not good and dialogue is so themed it feels like everything is just being repeated every single episode. For real.
Dec 26, 2015 5:36 PM

Apr 2008
PericlesD said:
Felt this ep was rushed

Yeah, there was not enough cover page with the manga.

richard_maximus said:
.......So season three anyone?

No, we need more episode for a third season and if he turn off the manga, the anime will be more bad.
Dec 26, 2015 5:40 PM

Nov 2015
I guess you could say Yuu was pretty salty that episode.
Dec 26, 2015 5:41 PM
Dec 2014
King of....salt?

And at the end? Its raining? What was that supposed to mean?

sigh, i really was enjoying this series. I had my likes and dislikes but the finale was meh. 6/10 for me. Liked the characters aside from a few whiny outbursts from some of them. Wish things were better explained. Action scenes, music and animations were really solid.
Dec 26, 2015 5:54 PM

Jan 2011
So MUCH SALT Every where! the rushing felt real with this finale there was just so much going on and even more unexplained leaving you wondering..."What? Why?"

shame i was digging some of the stuff happening this season but then this ending happened

and that random scene with just looking at shinoa's booty whole time i was thinking is there something i should be looking at here? lol

all and all just about a 7/10 while the ending was hella bad still interested in checking out the manga in the future
Dec 26, 2015 6:09 PM
Dec 2015
Hi! I'm new...

Is it only me who thinks Guren's decision to be loyal to Kureto is only an acting? Maybe he and Mahiru will betray Kureto. Mahiru always betray the Hiragii family. That's why i think he will do a move to help Yuu and company in the end.

All that weird things like salt and trumpets come from the bible. Just read the apocalypse, the part of the seven angels. There are seven angels here (Yuu, Mirai...etc.). The next arc will be about them.
And the salt means (in the bible) something that humans must offer to God because it preserves the food, or it has something to do with the Dead Sea: there was a salt that was used to kill weed. Here it could mean that those humans and vampires Yuu killed were weed (something bad: also sinners)... a metaphor.

About this episode... i don't really loved it. The manga was better in my opinion (Guren's part). I can't wait for the next chapter of the manga!
Dec 26, 2015 6:46 PM
Dec 2015
what an awesome ending to this season!! glad we got to see yu go nuts. 10/10 for this episode
I highly doubt that krul is dead just unconscious.
i can see a lot happening in the next season which hopefully they do make!!!!!!!
argh love this show!!!!
Dec 26, 2015 6:49 PM

Sep 2013
Watched the second core because I had hoped they would up their game compared to the first one. Unfortunately it was even slightly worse. Especially this clusterfuck of a last episode. Typical shounen stuff with barely any own ideas for the story, very disappointing.
Dec 26, 2015 6:59 PM

Jun 2013
are you freaking kidding me? They didnt even play the opening song, whats the point of watching the episode.
Dec 26, 2015 7:00 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Much better than the first season but the last episode was quite rushed. I'll watch if they make the third season.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 26, 2015 7:02 PM

Apr 2012
So is it just me, or was the music scores really lackluster for how impressive this episode actually was?

Speaking of which, why does the quality of this series seem to constantly change episode to episode. Some times it's pretty good, but other times it just sucks balls.

And while this episode is pretty good, it was very confusing. Not necessarily a bad thing, but as a season finale, kind of doesn't make sense...
Dec 26, 2015 7:13 PM

Sep 2014
Yeeeees. I waited soo long to say it but:
Its an Angeru! XD

Pretty intense. But also a bit rushed (was the manga like that?)
Hope Krul is alive.
All in all not as good as S1 imo, not that it was actually bad but it felt less balanced. Some characters where "just there". Like all of Shinoas squad except for shinoa and Yu.
And here lies the problem of the anime, many interesting characters dont get screentime and "important" characters are so flat.. we have the love triangle around Yuu, and people to fill the screen.

Is S3 a thing?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 26, 2015 7:22 PM

Nov 2011
King of Salt, lmao.

I wonder how much the manga will differ from this.

Dec 26, 2015 7:28 PM

Jul 2014
i'm still confused about what's happening to this anime, about guren, kureto, and the vampires
i guess we need s3, but i think it will took years to make it......
8/10
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Jul 1, 2023

49 by Alex_the_reaper »»
Feb 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

348 by Rosxlie »»
Jan 27, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

207 by Craneface »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

245 by Desaturate »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

184 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 29, 2023 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.