Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 13, 2015 5:24 AM
May 2015
This episode was awesome.
AnimeFan500 said:
BEAUTIFUL T________T

Loved every second with Yu and Mika moment. I was in tears throughout TwT

Mika helping Yu save the others <3

OMG KIMIZUKI'S SISTER NOOOOOOOOOO
Dec 13, 2015 5:32 AM

Dec 2015
kawaii-despair said:
You could see the rainbows in today’s episode
That was 1000 times gayer than in the manga(not that I'm complaining) and it surely is my favorite episode

wink wink

this comment is yes

~I didn't choose Hell~
~Hell chose Me ~
Dec 13, 2015 5:39 AM
Apr 2015
HCDman007 said:
kawaii-despair said:
You could see the rainbows in today's episode<br>
That was 1000 times gayer than in the manga(not that I'm complaining) and it surely is my favorite episode<br>
<br>
wink wink

this comment is yes
^^^Mika clearly wasn't the only one who was thirsty as fuck. Look at Yuu's satisfied bedroom eyes. Noice.
Dec 13, 2015 5:59 AM

Feb 2014
amysenpai said:
HCDman007 said:

this comment is yes
^^^Mika clearly wasn't the only one who was thirsty as fuck. Look at Yuu's satisfied bedroom eyes. Noice.

The fanbook that was just released revealed that when drinking blood both parties apparently feel good.

I'm one of the fan girls that enjoyed this ep >.< so many cute mikayuu moments

At this stage though I cant see any romance with any of the characters forming - itd be pretty hard to. They are in the middle of a war - focus is placed on that I cant see any romantic development happening for anyone
Dec 13, 2015 6:26 AM

Sep 2010
RainyDayLover said:
At this stage though I cant see any romance with any of the characters forming - itd be pretty hard to. They are in the middle of a war - focus is placed on that I cant see any romantic development happening for anyone

Mmhmm. And Yuu is just the unlikeliest character to romance so far, and frankly speaking I don't care about his love life either. That said, despite my lukewarm dislike for Mika/Yuu (I think I like Mika scenes better with the vampires than with Yuu!), I'll never deny it's pushing. I feel those who try to pull "they are family!" card are hypocrites when they turn around and try to push Shinoa and Yuu together. She's also his family, yo. I might love Mika/Krul, but I fully acknowledge they are family too, with tons of eroticism - like Mika and Yuu. It's not like the anime production is shy to admit it. Remember their "Mika and Yuu are like Romeo and Juliet" comment? They don't seek to portray them as a mythical 100% platonic bond.
ThessDec 13, 2015 6:30 AM
Dec 13, 2015 6:54 AM

Mar 2015
yaoi no seraph
Dec 13, 2015 8:12 AM
Oct 2013
wasnt really feeling this episode between the gay stuff, mika taking forever to say something ''important'', and yuu forcing mika to become a monster and proceed to not give a shit saying '' ill fix you later'' it was just meh
Dec 13, 2015 8:25 AM

Nov 2013
I dunno if it's the LN or the manga that's the problem, since I haven't read either, but this anime is really really badly written. Half of the stuff that happens makes no logical sense. Yu's idiocy has become incredibly irritating..he doesn't make sense!! Mika becoming a vampire just like that undercuts his entire struggle up till now. Was he literally dying? It felt more like Mika feeling weak to thirst and Yu forced him to drink. Also I'm sick of the whole nakama thing. Heck I know it's a shounen trope but I've never seen it done so awkwardly and forcedly. SIGH...I've been watching this anime since I wanted to figure out what kind of experiment did they perform on Yu, but I'm really really close to dropping it because of the terrible writing.
Dec 13, 2015 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
i liked it but it was sooo gay
Dec 13, 2015 8:42 AM
Feb 2013
the feels!!! T-T
Dec 13, 2015 9:21 AM

Apr 2011
Mika and You just like old times šŸ˜
Dec 13, 2015 9:50 AM

Apr 2008
I knew the reunion was gonna be gay, but holy mozes didn't think it was gonna be THAT gay xD
Pretty slow and laid back episode for the rest, let's gooo story time ! ;)
Dec 13, 2015 10:34 AM

Dec 2014
Is it just me or is it nowhere seems to end///......
Dec 13, 2015 10:39 AM

Apr 2013
Lol@everyone bitching about the "suggestive shounen ai" scenes without knowing this was a fujobait show in the first place
Dec 13, 2015 10:47 AM

Nov 2009
Speaking of bromance...

Shion657 said:

Can you not just SMELL it with this scene?
Oh, wait.....
Dec 13, 2015 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
Miale said:
Thess said:

BD release probably.

wow I almost forgot. thanks ^^

I wanted that scene so bad oh well their reunion was nicely done.
Dec 13, 2015 11:34 AM

Aug 2014
Oh, look - the number one asshole, Kureto himself, is approaching. Seriously, of all the people to experiment on, it just had to be Kimizuki's sis, right? She better not die, and Kimizuki himself should know what's going on.

Episode felt well-adapted, and I see lots of people with different beliefs are having a field day with it.

I want to see Mahiru...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 13, 2015 12:04 PM

Jan 2015
Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.

Like you said, this is not a place to discuss such themes. So please, shut the hell up and leave, and take your bigoted, biased, wrong and narrow-minded opinions with you. We've been fighting to have a progress on humanity and we are doing fine without considering haters like you.

~
ON TO the subject...
do you guys think we're having another season/cour? I don't see how things are wrapping up in just 2 episodes. this is still following the original work, right? I was reading the manga but halted for a while and fell behind. heard they were gonna do an anime original ending but hopefully it's just speculation. it can't end now D:
ArdanazDec 16, 2015 11:51 AM
Dec 13, 2015 12:17 PM

Mar 2013
Oh the homohurt people are incredible!

y it's wrong and surpassing your level of bigotry from beginner to Donald Trump. Ready, set, go!
ArdanazDec 16, 2015 11:52 AM
Dec 13, 2015 12:20 PM

Aug 2014
neko_cola said:
do you guys think we're having another season/cour?

There's nowhere near enough source material for that. There are currently 40 chapters out, and this episode just covered all of ch.37. Chapters 38 and 39 will be covered in episodes 11 and 12 respectively. That leaves only one chapter left, so a season 2 won't be happening for at least a year from now.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 13, 2015 1:10 PM

Sep 2014
Maledict said:
neko_cola said:
do you guys think we're having another season/cour?

There's nowhere near enough source material for that. There are currently 40 chapters out, and this episode just covered all of ch.37. Chapters 38 and 39 will be covered in episodes 11 and 12 respectively. That leaves only one chapter left, so a season 2 won't be happening for at least a year from now.

Author said Ch 40 is being adapted.

We might have another season, but only after we get more chapters.

Hopefully WIT won't stupidly end the whole season on the same cliffhanger as ch 40.
The sun is a deadly laser
Dec 13, 2015 1:19 PM

Jul 2014
kawaii-despair said:
You could see the rainbows in today’s episode
That was 1000 times gayer than in the manga(not that I'm complaining) and it surely is my favorite episode

wink wink

Thisssss xD
Dec 13, 2015 2:09 PM

Dec 2011
All was said :

Owari so looks like 07-ghost
Dec 13, 2015 2:09 PM

Jan 2011
Someone said the "Seraph arc" was about to begin. Bring it. Let the world expand and build upon what is at least, in it roots, a great premise. Yuu and Mika have finally resolved most of the distance between them so now it'll be kinda like Ed and Al trying to get their old bodies back and unraveling all the dank shit they've been oblivious to up to this point. Maybe a tad far fetched but you get what I'm saying.

Chiibi said:
It's funny how many people are screaming "GAAAAAAAYYYYY" when this wasn't even that gay.
It really wasn't at all. The whole series either. Apart from some implications from Ferid-so-fly. But even that's justifiable since vamps don't see humans as equals but rather livestock or sexual objects or both. I'm sure part of the reason direct feeding is outlawed in vampcity is because it will result in higher casualty rates and a decreasing food supply, and possibly lead to infatuation in both parties. Maybe like zoophilia?
Dec 13, 2015 2:15 PM

Jan 2011
Best episode so far, finally some real plot. Looks like the arcs that feel like filler are over, but there are only 2 episodes left.
Aurorae said:
Delicious homophobe tears.

This, very much. :')
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 13, 2015 2:15 PM

Apr 2012
yes i was caught by the fujobait and yes i freaking loved this episode best ep of the anime 10/10

and it doesn't even have to do with the fact that they were gay af, but how they're together again, as family, like when they were kids ;-;

now wheres my girl shinoa at
Dec 13, 2015 2:20 PM

Jan 2011
amysenpai said:

What the fuck do you have against two dudes kissing in public anyway? How does it affect you in any way? If heteros can do it, then so can gays and lesbians. Grow up and get over it kid.

I think Umar Johnson and the rest of the hotep niggas would love to have you. As far as Gay being a mental disorder, no, it hasn't been for over 30 years. Yes man and woman were intended to be together for reproduction. However the spectrum of sex expands beyond that function and s a form of recreation and often highlighted as one of the high points of one's life. This includes love. The direction of such isn't limited to the act of intercourse for the end-result of of a size 7 woman turning into a size 15 in 6 months. As such we can conclude for whatever reason. Some men are able to become romantically involved with one another expressing sexually as well.

Also there was a time that people like me were considered to have a mental disorder for wanting to be free and independent. The remedy was, in layman's terms, to beat the hell out of that person. I think that book is built to justify the norm and maintain the status quo, be careful with that.
ArdanazDec 16, 2015 11:52 AM
Dec 13, 2015 3:17 PM

Sep 2015
So Mika and Yuichiro have a reunion, but it's not as happy as Mika hoped it would be. The two of them end up arguing over something, and it was interesting to see Yuichiro's side of the argument. It's obvious that he was conflicted, because on the one hand Mika is his family, but on the other he doesn't like vampires. I expect that what ultimately happens between these two characters will have repercussions for the rest of the series.

It's also interesting to note that there was never an "eyecatch" around the middle of the episode, when there's normally one in every episode. But so much was going on with Mika and Yuichiro, though, that there really wasn't a good place to put one.

But I'm very curious how they're going to handle the final two episodes for this series, since at this point, the anime has just about caught up with the manga. And there's really no good stopping point where the manga currently is.
Dec 13, 2015 3:29 PM

Apr 2014
This episode reminded me of some bad memories related to Tokyo ghoul Root A anime.

Inb4
Dec 13, 2015 4:21 PM

Nov 2009
Z4k said:
This episode reminded me of some bad memories related to Tokyo ghoul Root A anime.

Inb4

No..
Please don't do this.......
Dec 13, 2015 4:41 PM

Sep 2010
RealExtinction said:
Z4k said:

Inb4

No..
Please don't do this.......

There will be a similar scene in last episode.
Dec 13, 2015 5:22 PM

Aug 2013
I can't yet decide if this season is as bad as the previous one or if it's worse, it started better but turned out to be almost the same. Anyways, I like the 'mystery' elements they tried to add in this second season.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Dec 13, 2015 6:45 PM

Jan 2011
Anarchi4 said:
I can't yet decide if this season is as bad as the previous one or if it's worse, it started better but turned out to be almost the same. Anyways, I like the 'mystery' elements they tried to add in this second season.
Season one was more justifiable since they had a season two planned s there was no need to rush, but the pacing here either suggested a third or or just really crappy writing for segments...
Dec 13, 2015 7:25 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Never have I been so emotional to something so predictable. Caffeine.... I don't suggest it.

That end scene was a slap to the face, though at first I thought it was the childhood friend (the almost Mikasa of this version)

Still wails and rolls around in gayness.
Dec 13, 2015 8:52 PM

Mar 2012
[quote=Thess]

I doubt either Mika or Yuu will die.

Anyway, this is a Japanese manga that is gearing to understanding and family among outcasts trapped in sides in conflict.

I still doubt this. I think it's jumping the gun to say he isn't human anymore. I believe he's still human but also a seraph and he is allowing his seraph side to take over in order to protect anyone. Unlike becoming a vampire, I don't think remaining complete seraph will happen to Yuu this early in the game. Kind of like Inuyasha (pardon me for using this as an example). Sure, there were times his demon side took control and he had the strength, appearance and even smell of a full demon but in the end he remained just a half demon. I don't think Yuu would give up his humanity for good if Mika is willing to let him become a vampire whether complying with Krul or deciding for himself, that's sure to be conflict between them in the future. I don't see Mika wanting a vampire life for TYuu at all right now if there are alternatives. I am concerend for down the line though.
Dec 13, 2015 8:58 PM

Sep 2010
Inu-Yasha isn't human, so that's a bad example to use.

Yuu already made his choice. He couldn't give a damn about his humanity. He's not a principled character who cares about humanity in general; he only cares about his loved ones. He's fairly pragmatic, keep that in mind, he wouldn't care if he's a vampire, demon or seraph as long as he's protecting them. I think Mika is far more hung up about this than Yuu is.
ThessDec 13, 2015 9:07 PM
Dec 13, 2015 9:05 PM

Mar 2012
Thess said:
Inu-Yasha isn't human, so that's a bad example to use.
I don't think so. He's a half human, half demon. Regardless of him not being a complete human, a part of him still is. He even turns human on the night of a full moon. My comparison stands. If you want I can bring up difefrent characters with the same circumstances. Even Gohan not wanting to fight because of his human side.

Thess said:
Damn. Now I want Kagami to do a Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu on us and have Yuu's and Mika's previous lives as a married couple or lovers as he did with Sion and Ryner for the reactions. Who do you think is writing this? He did a shameless description of how Ferid erotically fed on 12-years old Mika. Just because there aren't romantic feelings involved, it doesn't invalidate the obviously intended homoeroticism which has been in the manga/show/LN since the beginning (sex and eroticism doesn't equal romance).

As long as he promises to balance it with more "family" moments between Krul and Mika, of course.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Ferid is a pedo.
Dec 13, 2015 11:18 PM

Jul 2012
Hah, well that was some amusing banter. Keep checking to see if the episode was gonna end like mid way but no we got a lot of good stuff in there.

The sister being used at the current experiment was quite a surprise too!
lanfireDec 13, 2015 11:24 PM
Dec 13, 2015 11:31 PM

Jan 2011
lanfire said:
Hah, well that was some amusing banter. Keep checking to see if the episode was gonna end like mid way but no we got a lot of good stuff in there.

The sister being used at the current experiment was quite a surprise too!
Cheap shot at angst. They didn't give a shit about her and I'm sure they knew about her condition from the fact she was in a human hospital. But, then again, if they took her from jump there goes Kimizuki's motive.
Dec 13, 2015 11:38 PM

Sep 2012
The episode that fangirls loves and homophobics hate.

ANYWAYS, stupid shit aside, they did a good job with this episode. Though it seems at this point, they'll end the season with Chapter 40 (my guess since that's a pretty good spot) and be completely caught up with the manga. That cliffhanger ending is going to be a rough wait. Hopefully they don't opt to do an anime only ending (doesn't seem likely but you never know).
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Dec 14, 2015 12:35 AM
Apr 2015
Z4k said:

Inb4
How dare you bring this up so casually. D: *still (im)patiently waiting for his comeback in the manga*
Dec 14, 2015 1:27 AM

May 2010
Dat seemed like a fanfic, pretty good tho. Liking MikaYuu for once. I hope Mika becomes part of the gang now.
Dec 14, 2015 1:35 AM
Apr 2015
PinkSheep said:
Because any close male interaction is always gay I'm gonna laugh when YuuNoa happens and all the kids are gonna get upset about it I bet a lot of them haven't even seen actual yaoi
I don't give a rat's ass about yaoi (I used to when I was 14 years old... bad times), but I and the majority of the Japanese fanbase still want Mikayuu to happen.

Don't be deceived by USA and Euro centric viewers on ForeverMALone forum. In Japan the biggest fanbase is Mikayuu and if Mikayuu doesn't happen (high possibility but I still have an ounce op hope left because I'm fucking desperate) then no ship at all will happen. If forced Yuunoa were to explicity become official, the majority of his fans would be sooo pissed off that they'd not buy his queerbaiting sh*t works anymore in the future. The power of fandom is not be underestimated.

The highest possibility of what will happen is that he's gonna make it ambiguous, neither Mikayuu or Yuunoa becoming official.
Dec 14, 2015 2:45 AM
Aug 2015
This anime is super smart... Get us invested in the characters, good action, good art, good story...

Then just turn it around and get super gay on us and make us question our own sexuality
Dec 14, 2015 5:09 AM

Sep 2014
Lots of Yu X Mika moments this time. Idk what it is about this season but I'm really liking Yu this time around. Weird.

I also enjoyed some of the ost bits, I think they fit the mood well. I can't wait to see how things play out next week now since things look like they are about to escalate.
Dec 14, 2015 6:02 AM
Dec 14, 2015 6:55 AM
Oct 2015
Wtf did i just saw, y this anime become into a yaoi anime, Y~OMG~
Dec 14, 2015 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
I knew it was going to happen based on the title of the episode but damn that Fujoshi bait was strong and annoying to see. I love the defense that it is brotherly love when it clearly isn't. I have 6 brothers, none of them acts like that towards the others and even when my eldest brother went to the military for a year and we didn't hear anything from him they still didn't act like that when he came back. The series can clearly be interesting without it based on what happened in the last few minutes and Mika's brief explanation of the Seraph so why not focus on that instead? It'll mean a severe loss of sales because Fujoshis (Who only watch the series for this) won't buy the manga anymore but on the other hand fans who enjoy the mystery and the existence of a WMD will instead and it could actually have a better chance of reaching the 3rd best in 2015 that SnK did.

It's wishful thinking in the end anyway which is not going to happen because this "Shounen" has been targeting fujoshis since the start for a reason I still can't understand based on the genre BUT there are only 2 episode left of this and since I got till here I can spend 40 more minutes on the series.
Dec 14, 2015 8:04 AM

Sep 2010
I hope you all realize the shounen magazine Owari no Seraph is serialized is Jump Square. Same magazine that serialized another very popular vampire manga: Shiki (an adaptation of a novel written by the phenomenal Fuyumi Ono).

And the manga protagonist of Shiki was in love with his best friend

Shounen isn't a genre, it's a demographic, and there is a lot of variety. I'm not saying Yuu is gay, by the way (I find it difficult to picture him with romantic feelings at all), but pulling the "it's shounen" card to try to dismiss the homoeroticism isn't as successful once you take into account this. As much as I don't care about Yuu-Mika parasitic relationship, I think it has a point and it's connected to their seraphs.

The secrets aren't fully revealed yet and the anime is simply going to end on the note of the last chapters of the manga. There is nothing conclusive, just a shift of tone.
ThessDec 14, 2015 8:15 AM
Dec 14, 2015 8:29 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Mika and Yu reunited was cool to see.

Hiragi experimenting on Mirai, the sister of Shiho!
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Jul 1, 2023

49 by Alex_the_reaper »»
Feb 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

468 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

207 by Craneface »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

245 by Desaturate »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

184 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 29, 2023 5:29 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.