Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 10, 2008 12:35 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
DAMN THOSE CG SNAKES!
Other than that, good episode. :D
Jan 10, 2008 4:04 PM

Jul 2007
there is not a subbed version as of yet, at least not on isohunt
Jan 10, 2008 4:08 PM
Nov 2007
and what are you implying?
Jan 10, 2008 5:59 PM

Jul 2007
just that the opinion poll was made a tad early ^_~
Jan 10, 2008 6:16 PM
Nov 2007
lol, so should I wait till the subs are out before making a topic? If so, then what about users who watched the raw and wanted to comment and/or vote? :)
Jan 10, 2008 9:46 PM

Jun 2007
nothing special this week
Jan 10, 2008 10:24 PM
Apr 2007
Nothing special but i liked it:)
Jan 10, 2008 10:49 PM

Sep 2007
The new ED was pretty cool though.
Jan 10, 2008 11:16 PM

Nov 2007
this episode starts off again with a staring contest , After that finally !! Something happpend :D It was not mutch but it was better than the last two episodes. And Still they stall things to mutch in this episode . They could better make of episode 41 and 42 a special with the action and episode 40 the staring contest .

Jan 10, 2008 11:19 PM
Nov 2007
At least it's more realistic that way. You can't expect the characters to constantly fight each other. Fact is, the characters need to have little breaks to plan and rest.

If you're going to speak negatively about this episode, speak of the flashback which was totally unnecessary.

Wasabi said:
The new ED was pretty cool though.

Though albeit lazy. It is, by far, the most laziest ending in Naruto.
Jan 10, 2008 11:38 PM
Nov 2007
i watched the raw. though i cant understand. nothing special.. =\
but. its progress..?
xD
*sigh.
keep trying naruto.

*will come back again to post after i watch the subbed*
Jan 10, 2008 11:41 PM

Oct 2007
Well personally I think this episode was a huge improvement over the last one. Nothing much else to say though. What a crap-tastic ending. the song was corny, and the animation, well, what animation? >_>
Jan 11, 2008 3:38 AM
Sep 2007
Great ep, like it.
Hi
Jan 11, 2008 4:46 AM

Apr 2007
What's worse? Snakes or JiraiyaxTsunadexOrochimaru? *shivers*
So fake :| I love Naruto but this didn't make any sense. :/

Hate the ending. First I thought it was a joke by DB lol , but it really IS the official ending.
Those were fanarts, right?
Jan 11, 2008 5:30 AM
Jan 2008
I agree with the opening post, those CG snakes were really lame.

Other than that, the episode was ok, but I'm a little disappointed in it... I mean, I waited 2 weeks for that? Meh...

Yeah they were fanarts Night, I didn't like it either, but I did like the very last fanart of oversized Sasuke x Naruto.

Jan 11, 2008 6:53 AM

Oct 2007
good episode, better than the staring contest in the last episode, lol!

and awesome power from 4-tail Naruto XD

didn'treally like the new ending on first impression, might grow on me!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2008 7:18 AM

Apr 2007
LS said:
Yeah they were fanarts Night, I didn't like it either, but I did like the very last fanart of oversized Sasuke x Naruto.

First time I've seen an anime with fanarts in it. Has this happened before? And those people who really created the fanarts must be really proud now. xD I mean, I'd jump around if my fanart actually appeared in an anime.

Or did the author make those fanarts himself? :| That would be weird...
Jan 11, 2008 9:31 AM
Nov 2007
Mediaman said:
this episode starts off again with a staring contest , After that finally !! Something happpend :D It was not mutch but it was better than the last two episodes. And Still they stall things to mutch in this episode . They could better make of episode 41 and 42 a special with the action and episode 40 the staring contest .
Yeah i agree with that mostly. You know that after the opening they didn't say a word for far more then a minute...i mean come on...Some of the action was pretty cool tough
Jan 11, 2008 11:10 AM

May 2007
Still pretty much the yawn-fest that we have been presented with for the entire Shippuuden series. The episode itself was okay. This fight still had way more potential to be much better than what we are seeing right now. The fight is such slow paced. But seeing the attacks is pretty cool.

I honestly DO NOT like how they made the kyuubi more of an ethereal being (the glowing black/red). It really doesn't like it the kyuubi fits in at all with the backgrounds and stuff. If the animators just went with the solid orange, it would have been fine.

I liked the ending. I don't know what exactly they were, but it seemed like fan-submitted drawing? Pretty neat, if you ask me.
Jan 11, 2008 11:22 AM
Nov 2007
I disagree with your Kyuubi comment. I thought four tailed Naruto was done very well. Remember, Naruto, in his four tailed form, is constantly burning and healing. So in that sense, it fitted well.

The only qualms I have is the CG. Yuck.
Jan 11, 2008 1:31 PM

Oct 2007
Disliked the CG.

This episode wasn't horrible, just boring.
That's really all there is to it.

Jan 11, 2008 3:15 PM

Jan 2008
I actually liked this episode. Usually I'm complaining about how the satanic producers of this show mess it all up, but this time the animation was great, there werent too many flashbacks, and although Dattebayo make a quip in their fansub that this episode had the least dialogue, I considered that a good thing. Naruto isnt exactly known for its amazing dialogue anyway. We've gotten too bogged down with meaningless exposition. Sure the story didnt advance in this episode, but we got a cool battle and some 4 tail action.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jan 11, 2008 3:43 PM

Nov 2007
Cihan said:
I actually liked this episode. Usually I'm complaining about how the satanic producers of this show mess it all up, but this time the animation was great, there werent too many flashbacks, and although Dattebayo make a quip in their fansub that this episode had the least dialogue, I considered that a good thing. Naruto isnt exactly known for its amazing dialogue anyway. We've gotten too bogged down with meaningless exposition. Sure the story didnt advance in this episode, but we got a cool battle and some 4 tail action.

Yeah
Jan 11, 2008 4:32 PM

Jul 2007
-yay- four tail naruto in this episode! =D
I thought the fight was pretty good. I enjoyed this episode, and didn't mind the pacing. It's not like it was a waste of an episode. And FINALLY, Sakura saw Naruto in his kyuubi form. I'm sure she's never seen him before like that xD Lol and Kabuto's comments during the preview were funny.
Jan 11, 2008 6:30 PM

Nov 2007
radiantfire said:
If you're going to speak negatively about this episode, speak of the flashback which was totally unnecessary.

I do have to say, that the "remember what happened 4 minutes ago" flashbacks are starting to get on my nerves. Even the prior episode doesn't have to be shown in a flashback sequence. Albeit, the animators are probably trying to cut a few corners with the repeatitive flashbacks to save time, yet my memory isn't that bad.

I was rather happy to hear Orochimaru actually could be mortally wounded, even if the attempt was foiled.
Jan 11, 2008 8:06 PM
Nov 2007
hated the CG snakes.
despised the ending theme.
hated the preview for the next ep. because.. if she like.. hugs him. and he stops being awesome. im gna slit my wrists. that is way too cliché even for naruto.
why cant u jsut let him beat the crap out of everything sakura !? i remember why i hate you now. >=|

but ! loved the episode. definitely better. not super special. but. it still made me more than happy =]
grawr~ yay *is pleased*
keep kicking ass crazy naruto who sold his soul ~
^_______^

[btw does anyone else find that extremely unfair ? lmfao XDD ]
Jan 11, 2008 8:53 PM

Nov 2007
eh well i liked the eps... :D
Jan 12, 2008 1:35 AM

Sep 2007
I thought the ep. was awesome... And while I hate the flash backs as much as everyone else; look on the bright side - They have been longer in the past.

Remember the good times when they use to take a break; then when they came back the flash back would be 7 to 10 min. long...

Then you had to add in the time for the aprox. 2:30 min. opening song....
Then they still had flashback during the episode...

So you would only see about 8 maybe 12 min. (tops) worth of show... With no plot development...
Then you tack on another 2-4 min. for the ending song and previews...

Remember those times.... And Be Thankful!
Jan 12, 2008 10:15 AM

Oct 2007
Great epi... at least they are finally moving XD

Wow! The new ending seems to be a last minute work. Man, I think those production guys forgot about the animation for the new ed after taking a holiday break =3

Jan 12, 2008 10:35 AM

Jan 2008
the team that made this episode really love 3d animation? whats up with the snakes in 3d? that just to ugly if you see it in the drawing anime background, its my opinion but i think that they shouldn't do this anymore
Jan 12, 2008 10:54 AM

Jan 2008
Werent there other 3D moments that didnt involve snakes? I thought the panning shot of Yamato on the treetop looked really cool.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jan 12, 2008 10:58 AM

Jan 2008
yeah there were other moments. but i mean thats really ugly that really fucks up the scene
Jan 12, 2008 1:40 PM
Aug 2007
They really really managed to deliver us that load of crap time-wasting ultra-slow style consistently.
Shippuuden now dropped to 6/10, if it goes on it'll get a 5...
(original Naruto up to 136 was 7/10)
They keep wasting time with slow overviews, staring-contest, slow movement and flashbacks.
If they'd reduce that to a minimum they could've saved about 10 episodes of shippuuden and condensed the story into a somewhat cool anime..
Jan 12, 2008 1:49 PM

Jan 2008
Revenant said:
They really really managed to deliver us that load of crap time-wasting ultra-slow style consistently.
Shippuuden now dropped to 6/10, if it goes on it'll get a 5...
(original Naruto up to 136 was 7/10)
They keep wasting time with slow overviews, staring-contest, slow movement and flashbacks.
If they'd reduce that to a minimum they could've saved about 10 episodes of shippuuden and condensed the story into a somewhat cool anime..

yeah well life is a bitch
Jan 12, 2008 3:44 PM
Aug 2007
Well that's generally true, I just wish they'd stop wasting ressources on filling moments and use them for the actual storyline ~~
Jan 12, 2008 3:47 PM

Nov 2007
Pretty cool episode. Judging from the preview I can pretty much guess a cliche ending to Naruto's 4-tailedness.

The pacing didn't feel slow because they weren't staring at each other like they each had something on their faces for minutes on end. But, the CG... eewwww!
Jan 12, 2008 3:56 PM

Jan 2008
Revenant said:
Well that's generally true, I just wish they'd stop wasting ressources on filling moments and use them for the actual storyline ~~

i know how you feel men, its just they want to make as much money as they can, but we always got the manga right, i d perfer anime but yeah thats how it is, and its better then what they did what de pre-timeskip 150+ filler eps right?
Jan 12, 2008 5:08 PM
Nov 2007
Please take in consideration that they are producing an on-going anime that is more likely to end up with 200+ episodes. On that note, quality is going to be diminished and fillers will be abundant.
Jan 12, 2008 5:20 PM

Sep 2007
Not to mention fillers are necessary to keep the anime from developing further than the manga.
Jan 12, 2008 5:33 PM

Jan 2008
radiantfire said:
Please take in consideration that they are producing an on-going anime that is more likely to end up with 200+ episodes. On that note, quality is going to be diminished and fillers will be abundant.

Wasabi said:
Not to mention fillers are necessary to keep the anime from developing further than the manga.

let me put it like this genuises, i understand that i never complaint about the anime in the pre-timeskip, BUT i think the manga is far ENOUGH to put 1 chapter per episode witch doesn't really happen this day's if i recall.

sure there making it so that they won't catch up with the manga but i mean the manga is now 150+ chapters ahead of the anime right mayby am wrong on how many chapters but the point is if they do 1 chapter per episode then well be really happy this episode did happen, but the ones before NOTHING, and this has been disscused like crazy over the past years. so adios..
Jan 12, 2008 8:35 PM

Jul 2007
As far as Shippuuden episodes go, in comparison i thought this was one of the better ones.

..however its still horrible.
Jan 12, 2008 9:01 PM
Nov 2007
lordvizard said:
let me put it like this genuises, i understand that i never complaint about the anime in the pre-timeskip, BUT i think the manga is far ENOUGH to put 1 chapter per episode witch doesn't really happen this day's if i recall.

sure there making it so that they won't catch up with the manga but i mean the manga is now 150+ chapters ahead of the anime right mayby am wrong on how many chapters but the point is if they do 1 chapter per episode then well be really happy this episode did happen, but the ones before NOTHING, and this has been disscused like crazy over the past years. so adios..

lol. Please don't take my statement out of context. I wasn't talking about the pacing of the series. All I'm saying is that the people who work on this work on the same thing and over long hours. So you'll need to accept that the quality isn't going to be as good as the ones with 12, 25, or even 50 episodes.

Also, thanks for calling me a genius. :) I, for one, enjoy the fact that my ideas are arguable.[/sarcasm]
Jan 13, 2008 12:01 AM

Mar 2007
Decent episode. The battle scenes were alright, wasn't extremely boring. I think the four-tailed form looks so... so ugly. It looks alright, but how his face looks... so crappy. The CG snakes were lame, and how Orochimaru kept having snakes or whatever come out of his mouth like that made me almost vomit for some reason.
Jan 13, 2008 1:31 AM

Jul 2007
Naruto's sucked since it hit filler :( The pacing in shippuuden is just horrible. There must've been like 15 seconds of actual fighting throughout the whole episode. I'd rather have fillers every once in a while and normal pacing than this slow crap. I don't even feel like watching it anymore.

I want my good naruto back :(

Jan 13, 2008 1:40 AM
Jul 2007
very slow... i dont remember the manga being this slow :|

and i think the closing song sounds really stupid Dx
...we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here...
Jan 13, 2008 4:37 AM
Oct 2007
Good fighting scenes but sucked in the flashbacks..flashbacks are arite if used for a little bit but over use just sucks. Ending was a bit slow but it was the ep that had the least dialogue.
Jan 13, 2008 5:02 AM
Jun 2007
Nice episode ^_~
Jan 13, 2008 7:17 AM

Jan 2008
Zelos said:
very slow... i dont remember the manga being this slow :|

Dito :/
Jan 13, 2008 1:40 PM

May 2007
Episode was pretty good although stretched out as usual with a lame new ending to boot.
Jan 13, 2008 6:02 PM

Jun 2007
two words: thank you
it was a decent episode, I think there was only 2 flashbacks? slow paced specially because the fight was entertaining... they should make all episodes 1 hour special to make up all the time they wasted
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 14 Discussion

izikiel - May 17, 2007

31 by pickyotaku »»
Yesterday, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Knave - Jun 24, 2010

216 by KoniginElle »»
May 26, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 213 Discussion ( 1 2 )

711 - May 26, 2011

85 by Fludddd »»
May 25, 7:53 PM

» Who are your top 20 favorite Naruto characters?

SupremeGod - May 13

35 by Chunkzz422 »»
May 22, 12:29 PM

» Is Itachi in your top 10 favorite Naruto characters or no?

SupremeGod - May 12

38 by BotGang »»
May 19, 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.