Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
May 9, 2018 10:22 AM
Feb 2018
Raycee said:
Man, two deaths in one episode. Why do you torment me so?

Seriously I wouldn't care anymore cause of how much the characters lack development. I wouldn't be surprised if they killed the main character too.
Jan 10, 2019 3:52 PM
Apr 2018
I'm pissed af, the reason they they gave us as to why Chelsea went to face Kurome 1 on 1 was dumb. I didn't like her and I get that maybe she was getting along with everyone but she wanted to be complimented by them? Nah, I'm not buying it.

And Chelsea herself was the only one who criticised both Sheele and Burat...
Sep 19, 2019 2:03 AM
Jan 2018
i feel bad for Bols .
Nov 7, 2019 4:39 PM
Apr 2016
A nice backstory I guess. RIP another character died, not even surprised at this point, really.
Nov 15, 2019 10:43 AM

Jun 2016
She got what she deserves for killing poor man Bols.
Nov 16, 2019 7:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
RIP Chelsea, the last scene was horrible, I'm so sad.
Jan 12, 2020 9:23 AM

Jun 2009
May 27, 2020 6:08 PM
Jul 2018
Bols is cool, but I’m a bit disappointed he survived from that massive explosion, despite being the closest to it. What was the point of the ultimate, last-resort, trump card, final move that had zero effect on the people around it, aside from “Wall”, the frog, and somehow Leone, who was standing further from the explosion than Bols? That’s kinda dumb. It makes you unable to detect what is possible and what isn’t in this show.

^ Of course, I typed that directly before Chelsea murdered him. Okay, so he really is dead now. But my initial opinion about the explosion still remains the same. He should’ve died there instead of at the hands of Chelsea — even if the longing for his family was emotional.

☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧

Also, about Kurome. It was SO painfully obvious that Kurome wasn’t going to die from Chelsea’s attack. Why is she so confident in a simple needle piercing a vital spot? If the target is really powerful, wouldn’t she wanna go a step further and stab the heart of the motionless victim, just to be safe? She did the same thing with Bols, she pricked his neck and walked away…
I just kept thinking to myself — okay, you got Kurome on the ground — now behead or something! But nOoOoOo. And a minute later, Kurome stands back up and says something like “I only die if stabbed in the heart or beheaded.” Smh Chelsea what have you done.

^ Of course, I typed that directly before Chelsea was murdered. Okay, so now she’s dead. But my initial opinion about Chelsea’s attacks remain the same. Lmfao.

☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧

Regarding Chelsea’s actual death… I feel very eh. For some reason I didn’t care about her as a character very much. I don’t know why. I think she was very bland. I’m glad we got to see some of her backstory, though. We have a little bit more exposition on who she was. But it felt like she was around for such a short period of time, didn’t it?

Geez, I forgot how fuggin edgy this show is supposed to be, though. For awhile it’s almost been kinda wholesome.
I know there’s blood at times, but it’s never really evolved past limbs being chopped off. Yanno? It’s not a “gore” show. But Chelsea’s decapitated head skewered on a blade in the center of town was quite a mature sight, my gosh. Damn. That’s unnerving.
[Not to mention, I know the Capital is a harsh and unruly place, but I didn’t think that was how the army operated. I thought they tried to preserve some sense of ‘honor’ (if that’s the word to use), and didn’t think they were barbaric enough to publicly display corpses.
………. Wait, wtf am I thinking… in the Tatsumi/Mine episode there were bodies being crucified…]

Yeah. What a twisted ending. Makes me remember the reputation this show has attained for its edge.
Jun 25, 2020 1:20 PM

Jul 2019
Chelsea. It is so sad to loose her. She was THE textbook assassin of this show and worked perfectly. If only she had expected the unexpected. But how pathetic of her to seek Tatsumi's approval. She meet the guy a few months ago and outshined him in many ways.

Also RIP Bols. I am not as sad for him as others. He knew what he was and his eventual fate. Having a family and treating your allies to snacks did not redeem his terrible deeds and blind allegiance to the army.
Jul 4, 2020 7:02 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
just a dumb dumb dumb really dumb action .... I have this feeling it will be a pain for me to finish this anime *eyeroll*

Jul 20, 2020 2:35 AM

Jun 2019
Was super sad at the beginning thinking they finally killed Leone, but just as I recover from seeing she survived, Chelsea </3

Good seeing a backstory with Akame and Kurome. Did feel the "Chelsea liking Tatsumi" was a bit much and not needed, but dude is harem and has everyone all over him anyways.
Sep 5, 2020 2:42 PM

Aug 2017
I already knew that Chelsea was going to die after trying to assassinate Kurome, it was too risky, why didn't she wait at least to see what Kurome did? Why did Akane give her information about Kurome if it has been a while since the sisters last saw each other? It was obvious that something they did to Kurome after a while. It makes less sense when Mine says that Akame might be unaware of some aspect of her sister. And yes, the preview spoiled me Chelsea's death, i mean, her past with the other team despite that they never showed flashbacks there, it made sense with her actions and interactions with the rest of the team. None of this happens with the flashback shown and it is just another reason that "one-dimensional characters do bad things so I must change the world with my power!". Generic, boring and they ruined a character for no reason.

Finally Bols is dead, probably the cringeiest and most boring character from the Jaegers, so im happy. Chelsea death was very brutal especially that head scene.
NurguburuSep 5, 2020 2:52 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 30, 2020 3:34 PM
Sep 2020
great Netflix anime show
Dec 6, 2020 9:47 PM
Jul 2018
Too sad for u my cake Chelsea.
Dec 17, 2020 5:35 AM

Jul 2017
RIP Chelsea. If only the football club would be in this position instead of this girl smh. Better episode than the last one, still not that good though logically.
Jan 26, 2021 11:29 AM

Feb 2019
This is the only episode so far I actually found interesting.

Bols' death was actually emotional.
Chelsea's death was unexpected and disturbing.

Why is the only episode with good backstories, tragic moments and a much more violent theme the 17th episode in the series? Every other episode was so garbage and I didn't have much hope for the show until this episode.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
May 8, 2021 10:14 PM

Mar 2016
This is by far the most eerily terrifying ep so far, there are 2 important characters deaths.

Bol's death was bound to happen sooner or later, he himself knows that and sure enough, being killed by the face whom he has previously scorched is a fitting end for him, he was a good guy until the very end. Great work Chelsea. Aaaand then Chelsea also died, she grossly underestimated Kurome's drugs, but wow, what a fucking bitch, not only would Kurome kill here, but she humiliated Chelsea's corpse by impaling her decapitated head up on a pole in the city. If that's not a straight enough reason for Tatsumi and Akame to murder this little bitch, I don't know what is.

2 Great characters, 2 dear friends, that's the outcome of this battle between relic wielders.

Jun 25, 2021 3:12 AM
Nov 2020
Shit man it was heavy episode with 2 deaths, 1-1 on both side, but both were good and I wanted to see chealse more ...(ب_ب)
Jul 29, 2021 1:29 PM

Jan 2021
What the hell man that was so unsanitary and unnecessary they could have just left Chelsea on the ground

Sep 1, 2022 5:36 PM
Apr 2022
MUITO TRISTE ESSAS MORTES OCORRIDAS MAS OTIMO EPISODIO
Oct 1, 2022 12:35 AM
Jan 2022
Chelsea is dead. She was cool. She eliminated Bols, but Kurome dying so soon was rather suspicious. You'll be missed Chelsea
Nov 5, 2022 11:00 PM

Jul 2022
By far one of the episodes so far.

The death of Bols, wanting to go with his family despite the circumstances until the last moment of his life. And how they display Chelsea's head on the pole in front of the whole crowd while Tatsumi thinks that she must have already returned with the rest of her and how he falls to his knees when he sees her.
Dec 11, 2022 12:41 PM

May 2021
No no no no , Not Chelsea. At the end of this anime every one will be dead at this rate even the director and the manga author and all the staff.
Dec 14, 2022 7:06 AM
Apr 2021
Honestly, up to this point, this anime has the most beautiful OST i've ever heard in all of the 200+ animes i've watched. The sound director did an outstanding job!
Feb 9, 2023 4:23 PM

Mar 2010
While that gal has killed many, I'd still feel safer if the enemy is incinerated keke.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 6, 2023 10:03 PM
Feb 2021
real downer episode. Idk why everyone can't just be friends. I guess esdeth is pretty fucked in the head, Kurome too, but the rest are cool enough to join the gang. Idk
Apr 20, 2023 10:52 PM

Jul 2022
The iconic lollipop death
Jun 26, 2023 1:20 PM
Jun 2022
Kurome was at her weakest and proved to be too much to handle for an entire squad so Chelsea after spending quite a bit of time with her made her move, there was no way to know that Kurome would not die because there was nothing not indicate that.

Bols dies, as much of a nice guy he was and having a wife and child, by his own admission, he is not innocent, he killed countless fathers, husbands, wives and children, there is no way to reedem yourself from all of that, serial killers do not get a pass but he had a painless and quick death.
Jan 18, 2:07 PM

Nov 2020
Chelsea was such an unlikeable character, good riddance. Bols was cool, rip king.
Feb 4, 11:36 AM
Oct 2023
R.I.P Chelsea.She was a really great character it is sad seeing her go like that,and not even managing to say her feelings to Tatsumi and poor Tatsumi having to see her head hanging like that omg that was brutal. Kurome shouldve died imo but it is true that i think that Akame should be the one to kill her.and the Jeagers lost Bols,the final battle is gonna be here soon and i really hope atleast some of my favourite characters survive, because as of now most of my favorite characters died.Also i have to say Tatsumi has to be some kind of rizzler for all these girl to fall in love with him
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

191 by Sun_Chan »»
May 31, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2014

287 by Sun_Chan »»
May 30, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

331 by Sun_Chan »»
May 30, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

473 by Sun_Chan »»
May 30, 10:57 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

429 by Sun_Chan »»
May 30, 10:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.