Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 23, 2016 7:08 AM

Mar 2015
This anime is meh. No offense, but I do not like the dub of Cromartie High School. It's one of the worst dubs I've ever heard, and I don't know why people like it. But I respect your opinion if you disagree. :)
May 28, 2016 3:53 AM

Oct 2012
I'm having Dejavu about 1st half xD

Time to read the manga I guess
For further info xD
"Signature removed"
Sep 1, 2016 4:48 PM

Jul 2014
Whoever came up with the idea for the first part is genius.

This was a great show for what it was: just pure comedy, except it was handled so, so much better than in a lot of other comedy anime, especially these days.

Rather than doing any dumbass chibi scenes or changing the background or whatever to tell the audience when to laugh like in other shows, it plays all of its absurdity like it was totally natural. Really wish a lot more shows were like this.

While this isn't my favorite comedy anime, I'd put it easily in my top 5, and I hope to get around to reading the manga.

My favorite episodes, by the way, are episodes 18 and 21.

7/10
D-ohnutsSep 22, 2016 4:48 PM
Jul 23, 2017 7:13 PM
Jul 2016
A few duds here and there, but man this series had some hilarious and even thought provoking scenes. My favorite episodes off the top of my head was taxi, baseball, the introduction of Hakudo, and the train episode. Very funny dub. Solid 8/10.
Jul 26, 2017 11:12 AM

Mar 2013
Kamiyama was savage back there XD

Will Mechazawa and Freddie <3
Kamiyama as MC was nice lol

Oh well. Might pick up manga someday.

7.5/10
Aug 24, 2017 9:45 AM

Jun 2016
The best anime comedy I've seen. Its cast was lovable and awesome, the funny quirks that defined them only developed and mingled with the others to create fantastic moments. Even when the show wasn't funny, it was fascinatingly absurd. I absolutely loved how bite sized and dry this show was, giving the audience the ability to watch it easily and laugh at what they wanted to, very little was given to the viewer as a straight joke. Not only did Cromartie know exactly what it wanted to be, it executed in it near perfectly. For this, and making a mute Freddie Mercury such a wholesome and hilarious character, I give this a 7/10.
Apr 30, 2018 8:47 PM

Jan 2018
This is probably one of the few animes that I've never skipped the opening. It's just damn good to listen to!
Felt like it could have ended better, but nonetheless, it was a great series.
Definitely the highlight of this is the gender switch of the first half.
Alright, on to the next anime!

Oct 15, 2018 1:32 AM

May 2016
I'm surprised that they made genderbent version of the first episode and the debuts of the other characters for the last episode's first half. It's funny to see everyone be the girliest girls they can be despite their looks being more of a result of crossdressing gone too far. I have to admit that Kamiyama's hair actually suited "her".

It's actually reasonable for them to worry about the future and what happens after that point because the show's name is Cromartie Highschool after all. At least the weirdos ain't worrying about a thing because they might disappear as abruptly as they've arrived in the show anyway. Mechazawa being reformatted again was a funny send-off that implied a new beginning.

The opening and the antics grew on me so I'll be missing those things in particular~

Oct 26, 2018 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
Thought this was creative finale episode, if not best, unlike most manga adaptations ends so uncreative. Neat to see how their gender bender looks like and freddie looks awesome as ever XD

Overall about this show, the first couple of episode had me struggle and then had blast to watch once got used to character weirdness and english dub really rocks! Few last half of the show was hit-or-miss since they started to focus multiple different story in single episode still there were some really really good episodes to make up for it. Also best thing that each episode so creative and rightfully captured the feels of 80s/90s shows imo since each episode was barely animated unique direction made it enjoyable alot.

Anyway really gonna miss Freddie and those delinquents..
removed-userOct 26, 2018 4:32 PM
Dec 21, 2018 8:43 AM

Jul 2017
Just the first few episodes retold as girls. Kinda transphobic but kind of a joke about lack of women in these kinds of stories. Not very funny or interesting either way.

After that:
KISS makeup on the 4 leaders was wow. Ending on Hayashida wanting to be a frog and wondering what the weird guys will do in the future was good.
Apr 30, 2019 9:33 AM

Feb 2017
Better last episode than I expected. Watching this show kinda mimicked for me what the characters went through. Kamiyama talks about how things get more boring because they're used to all the weird stuff happening around them. While watching the show the content didn't seem all that strange but looking back on the whole series...WTF did I just watch? It was overall pretty good and a very unique anime, but it didn't truly capture that "Adult swim comedy" style that I mentioned in an earlier episode thread. It accomplished that pretty well for an anime, but those Adult Swim cartoons are some of my favourite comedy and shows of all time, while Cromartie High School isn't even a 10/10 show for me.
May 28, 2019 5:55 AM

Dec 2013
Haha. I lost it when I saw Hayashida still has a mohawk in cro high girl vee. Lol. I'm gonna miss this show

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jan 22, 2020 8:43 AM

May 2012
Too bad that the Five Heavenly Four Kings only had a 10 second cameo. Their skits are absolutely hilarious and one of the best Cromartie has to offer IMO.

Anyway, nice to finally see one my favorite comedy manga animated after all these years.
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
Nov 6, 2020 6:55 AM

Nov 2013
It's ashame took me ten episode for this anime to be click with me, but after that it just very enjoyable anime about crazy schools with randomness but brilliant comedy skits. Mechazawa and Maeda is easily my favorite characters in this series.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Dec 21, 2020 12:31 PM

Nov 2016
Cromartie Girls High hahaha. Brilliant ending.

Hilarious anime with an awesome cast

8,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 5, 2021 9:09 PM

Jun 2020
I just can't help but laugh at Lady Mechazawa as a... CatBot. What a great ending to a wonderful series.
Jan 20, 2021 3:28 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Brilliant comedy. A surreal cast of characters doing surreal things with a killer soundtrack.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 6, 2021 7:04 PM

Aug 2018
Cromartie girl's high school is too much hahahahaha

amazing anime. 10/10

Sep 4, 2022 8:08 AM

Dec 2018
i agree with what someone else said: the comedy really requires a refined taste and having done comedy for years it hit all the right buttons for me. personally my favorite character was the afro dude, i just found him hilarious. there were some times sure that the show kind of slowed and the comedy was a bit off but it was never bad. i wanted to give the series an 8 but i think i'll go with a 9/10, which i usually don't do but it really was super entertaining.
May 13, 2023 2:06 AM

Jan 2021
"Delinquents have no future", nice parting words

fun series, it didn't took itself too seriously and it managed to pull of some pretty crazy stuff

first half was ridiculous lmao
Jul 16, 2023 1:25 AM

Mar 2020
Freddie carried ngl 
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 26, 2023 11:18 PM

Nov 2012
the ending was a bit eh, but overall a great gag series, and defo a hidden gem!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
May 12, 10:29 PM
Jun 2022
Now , These Were The Girls We Were Missing .

And , They Finally Break Down The Robot .
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou Episode 5 Discussion

smokes - Dec 6, 2009

44 by szadam11 »»
May 14, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

blumenma - Nov 4, 2009

75 by szadam11 »»
May 14, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou Episode 2 Discussion

smokes - Dec 6, 2009

49 by szadam11 »»
May 14, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Cromartie High School Episode 25 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Aug 19, 2010

22 by RGreatDanton »»
May 12, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Cromartie High School Episode 24 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - May 18, 2011

24 by RGreatDanton »»
May 12, 10:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.