Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 12, 2017 11:10 PM
May 2012
I can't stop smiling for the whole episode. My face hurts a lot!
Jan 12, 2017 11:17 PM

Oct 2011
Nooo class Rep noooo
Jan 12, 2017 11:41 PM

Dec 2012
That twist tho!
Not bad not bad

Jan 13, 2017 12:06 AM

Sep 2015
Even coming from the manga, I always shipped the Class Rep with him
Jan 13, 2017 12:34 AM

Dec 2015
Somehow this feels like Aki really is interested a bit in him ... but maybe too shy or doesn't want a relationship cause she fears bad things might happen (he might break up). Maybe bad experiences in the past.

I mean: She put a lot of work into it at the end ... until she showed him the "I decline". She could just have told him so. That means she gave him a lot of attention. And this time she didn't even to it to embarrass him in front of others. (Probably not a lot of others in the school yard noticed this.)

Let's see if Yoshino starts to fall in love with Masamune while Masamune starts to fall in love with Aki for real. That would be interesting. This feels like a setting where this could happen. (She exchanged mail with him and wants him to get revenge but that means she is going to spend time with him and stuff might happen.)

---

I don't like the class rep.

---

Best romance this season so far. But I guess Kuzu no Honkai will get better soon (1st episode wan't that well paced). Seiren will stay 3rd cause the other girls later probably not that much to my liking. Somehow I'm watching a lot of romance stuff this season. Usually only stuff I don't like gets aired. ...
Jan 13, 2017 12:46 AM

Feb 2016
Adagaki is a savage lol
Jan 13, 2017 1:21 AM

Jun 2013
Is it just me or is Aki literally extorting poor Yoshino? Disgusting.
Jan 13, 2017 1:49 AM
Sep 2016
Tokoya said:
Lurker-Chan said:
Poor class rep.....felt bad for her. :(
I felt bad for her too TwT

me 2 TT^TT and am afraid that he will turn out to be just like masamune '.' plllz noooo Dx
Jan 13, 2017 2:04 AM

Jun 2013
Yoshino is a yandere?! well that was surprising
Jan 13, 2017 2:17 AM

Oct 2015
Great episode and that rejection was well-crafted.
Jan 13, 2017 3:20 AM

Jul 2015
Badass loli maid voiced by Inori Minase.
Ring any bells?

Jan 13, 2017 3:40 AM

May 2016
Man a plain reject, Makabe why would you believe her so quickly geez.
I really wanna see how his plan will go in the next episodes Death or Love.
Jan 13, 2017 5:02 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Really love the opening song
Hmm so someone other than himself knows his secret identity eh

Lol a bit scared of that nickname eh
quite understandable under the circumstances i guess
Damm if such a revelation was to appear in the school paper his rep will be ruined

Lol great acting at the moment though
shredding a tear to make him look sensitive
Hmm so the mc was trained by his gran eh

Wow the charge for the food stores in high school sure is real
and intense
Yoshino though sure is brave in willing to squeeze into that crowd to get food for her mistress though

Wow thats quite a lot of Food that Aki wants lol
5 buns and 4 sandwiches eh
quite a big appetite Aki has lol

Lol Yoshino is quite funny though
Lol she thought the mc was a statue
Lol the mc's threat there even though he was just joking

Lol thinking of Yoshino as Cinderella eh
and Aki as one of the stepsisters lol
Lol Aki as the evil stepmom eh

Lol that tense meeting between the two
Despite being cruel Aki does care about people eh
Well the mc did save her from pudding prince after all

Lol twice in one day eh
Yoshino sure is clumsy but i guess thats part of her charm
Lol Aki just poking the Mc's eyes to stop him looking
But Yoshino sure is kind though and humble as well

Lol the mc is quite the smooth one eh
Aki's expression during the milk scene just tells you that maybe this guy is not as easy to figure out as she thought
Though i doubt things will be the same as a manga though

Hmm a rope trap in a park eh
wow so the person that knew his identity was Yoshino eh
that sure was unexpected
But seeing that she was Aki's maid that means that she would have been there at that time as well .

Wow so Yoshino's family has been serving Aki's family for 300 years
wow that was unexpected in finding out that Yoshino also wanted to help the mc
Aki sure has a lot of attendants eh well groupies really

Using the class rep as a test case eh
good idea
But lol that step is always going to be a huge one
But lol the mc worried about the lack of contacts on his account

Well apart from learning schools also for making friends though
so im sure his contact list will gradually fill up

Hmm well thats one way of getting a girls email address
and also a chance to get close to Aki as well
A win win situation indeed

Hmm behind that mask of his the mc doesn't have a lot of confidence eh
Futaba though is cute when she blushes lol
Hmm so she's making the first move eh
quite like her i guess

Looks like she was relieved that nothing happened there as well
Lol the mc was always popular in his new state
But seeing him act all happy because of that was nice to see

Lol his reaction at seeing Aki though
Lol this battle of wills between the mc and Aki is funny to see
Both trying to figure each other out

Lol though i think Aki easily figured out what the mc was trying to do there
Lol Aki comes up with a game for him to find her email address eh
Charming and Cruel though Aki is lol
Wow only for Aki to decline his request in person

Hmm the final part with Yoshino though
Is she really interested in working with the mc against Aki though
So far it certainly seems like it seeing as she did give him Aki's number and email address

Great episode
Watching the mc and Aki battle each other and try to figure out each other was interesting. The fact that Yoshino wanted to help the mc in his plan though was pretty surprising. Lol Aki's long winded way of rejecting the mc's request was just like her. But so far the grand plan looks to be going well.

It also looks like there's a lot more to the relationship between Aki and Yoshino though and i hope that will be looked into in the next episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2017 5:12 AM

May 2016
Fijiwuiji said:
Hey Silver Link., the tone of your show is internally inconsistent. Why bother making Aki a total bitch one moment then give cute faces the very next? Why have her the primary antagonist yet place her as a focus of the audience's sympathy?

Oh yeah, and unnecessary panty shots for giggles...

She did the cute face to build up expectation for the protagonist, thinking that she would accept his offer so shooting him down at the end would be more glorious for her. Basically its a dick move.

It isn't suppose to be a scene where you are suppose to sympathize with her, instead it suppose to reinforce her bitchiness.
Jan 13, 2017 5:22 AM
Jan 2017
Guys I tell you why Aki get that attitude. It is because after her parents became seperated she became alone then meets masamune(the fat masamune) and fall in love him but masamune also leave her without saying anything. :(
Brixy76Jan 13, 2017 5:34 AM
Jan 13, 2017 5:30 AM

Jul 2016
The adorable Yoshino's other side surprised me. Wanna see more of that Yoshino's side.
Jan 13, 2017 5:36 AM

Jul 2014
Aki is so savage, I love her XD and I'm shipping her and Makabe already....
I also want to see how Yoshino and Makabe will team up..
Jan 13, 2017 5:41 AM

Jul 2015
The dedicates were out for quite a bit this episode, and I was reading The Little Match Girl at one point, should finish that. Anyway, our main guy now has an unexpected ally so I look forward to seeing where this goes.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 13, 2017 5:53 AM

May 2009
Rereading manga and watching anime after the reveal latest chapter really changes the perspective. It's easier to defend Aki in discussion and shit on Yoshino.
AlexGK said:
Panty shots and the crap didnt help - only the class rep saves it from another point drop.

She isn't relevant anymore, ever again. I don't know why did they even include her in the ED.
Axelucard said:
Yoshino is a yandere?! well that was surprising

She isn't yandere at all. She isn't even love interest.
Jan 13, 2017 6:03 AM

Jun 2016
For some reason, Aki's bitchy personality still getting on my nerves. Even she has some reasons to become like that, it doesn't excuse all the stupid things that she does.

Any way, this episode is more interesting than the 1st episode. Yoshino's other side is a little bit surprising, ever after I read the manga already.

Unknown7699 said:
Guys I tell you why Aki get that attitude. It is because after her parents became seperated she became alone then meets masamune(the fat masamune) and fall in love him but masamune also leave her without saying anything. :(

That doesn't excuse that the fact she is the dumb bitch like she is for the whole time.
Jan 13, 2017 6:19 AM

Nov 2015
Nice episode. Can't wait to see how Masamune will handle things with the help of the loli cinderella from now on.
Also Aki's smile is the best :3
Jan 13, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
A little less telegraphed, narration, slow in places, but also fun, in certain situations, enables us to know the character of Masamune, however, is a fool as was expected from the beginning. :P
The plot moves forward in the most plausible manner, or that the harem of Masamune, begins to grow exponentially, so original! Drawings and animations, as sufficient quality. The backgrounds are even worse, oh well!
Jan 13, 2017 7:16 AM

Sep 2015
i actually find this really enjoyable for a harem. aki definitely has signs of attraction, considering she had a golden opportunity to publicly embarrass him but decided not to
Jan 13, 2017 7:54 AM

Jun 2013
So Yoshino doesn't like Aki but is still serving as her slave and wants to get back at Aki so she's willing to help Masamune-kun but Masamune isn't willing to trust an Aki lackey so he's staying clear of her and is failing. In the process of failing he sort of rejects the class rep girl. Now he has no choice but to trust Yoshino otherwise his plan is going nowhere.

This still isn't catching my interest. I am a bit curious about that last girl as in where and how she enters this revenge story, but the events so far aren't quite keeping me hooked. Another episode or two before a final decision on its fate.
Jan 13, 2017 9:36 AM

Jul 2016
Dammit Adagaki, what a troll.

Masamune deserves it for rejecting that class rep though.

I'm liking this animu tbh.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Jan 13, 2017 10:14 AM

Jan 2011
bastek66 said:

AlexGK said:
Panty shots and the crap didnt help - only the class rep saves it from another point drop.

She isn't relevant anymore, ever again. I don't know why did they even include her in the ED.

Welp :(
Ok this might get dropped real fast then :(
Jan 13, 2017 12:03 PM

May 2009
I think Aki is one of the most unlikable characters I've encountered as a potential love interest of the MC in a long time. Everything about her makes me want to punch her in the face.

The MC is just... weird. lol. He's becoming like a regular no-life MC and that is kind of dissapointing. If he didn't spend all his time in his revenge he could actually bang some girls. Not the sentence I usually would say, but I think the anime would have been more interesting if this were to be the case. LOL.

I do wonder what Yoshino's character development will be like though.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jan 13, 2017 2:40 PM

Jan 2014
AlexGK said:
bastek66 said:

Welp :(
Ok this might get dropped real fast then :(

Yup, we know how this is going to play out. Somewhere along the road to revenge, Masamune is going to 'mature', and he and Aki end up together.

Poor message being given here. If he really would mature, he'd just ignore her and date an actually decent person like Futaba.

As I don't like loose ends, and characters being dropped like that, I'll in turn probably drop this show.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jan 13, 2017 2:47 PM

Oct 2013
Interesting turn of events with Yoshino actually wanting revenge on Aki - I'm dying to see how her & Masamune will cooperate, and what will happen along the way.

Also, class rep's in on the harem already ;3
Jan 13, 2017 3:04 PM
Nov 2016
I am not a romance tipe watcher but the plot seems intresting Aki is the biggest bitch I have seen in anime that I have watched besides aqua in konosuba.Well aki is smart and outsmarted him pretty easily thats what I like.But if she falls in love with this idiot she will drop from my best charachter in this anime immedietly.
Jan 13, 2017 3:12 PM

Oct 2013
Haha, damn that was kinda early though. Can't believe he already asked her for her number
Jan 13, 2017 3:51 PM

Jun 2012
Masamune sure is an asshole.
Jan 13, 2017 6:29 PM

Sep 2015
I have a question (for manga readers, obviously) regarding the forthcoming plot development: Will it come to some serious conclusion? I mean, the thing I particularly dislike in harems − it's that the characters behave very straightforward in their own (and mostly stupid) ways of thinking until the very end.

What I want to expect: characters do actually fool around and do stupid things, but they slowly realize that their actions can actually hurt or make someone really happy.

What's usually happening: 12 episodes of uncertainty and pointless teasing + 1 episode with tasteless ending, where everything is left at the exact same spot as before − main character achieved nothing , former friends are still friends (not even the slightest hint of conflict between characters), etc.

I'm not asking for spoilers (but of course you should use the spoiler tag), I just want to know if that's a typical harem with no major twists? Or is it something that really deviates from a generic idea of neverending tease?
Jan 13, 2017 6:44 PM

Oct 2015
Makabe got outplayed severely hard but at least he didn't get humiliated. I guess Aki at least like guy who put in effort instead of sending just a love letter. Funny that Makabe only knowledge about love is from shoujo lol, i would expect him to plan it out beforehand rather than just losing weight.
Jan 13, 2017 7:24 PM

Aug 2014
Each episode is getting more interesting by see it! Is quite funny too ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 13, 2017 7:27 PM

Oct 2008
the soundtrack for this show is damn good
Jan 13, 2017 8:23 PM
May 2015
this is probably my favorite show of the season after 2 eps and i hate harems usually.

masamunes inner thoughts are hysterical
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2017 8:26 PM

Oct 2007
What is this development at the end, I'm so confused.
Jan 13, 2017 8:58 PM

Dec 2016
Aelyn said:
I have a question (for manga readers, obviously) regarding the forthcoming plot development: Will it come to some serious conclusion? I mean, the thing I particularly dislike in harems − it's that the characters behave very straightforward in their own (and mostly stupid) ways of thinking until the very end.

What I want to expect: characters do actually fool around and do stupid things, but they slowly realize that their actions can actually hurt or make someone really happy.

What's usually happening: 12 episodes of uncertainty and pointless teasing + 1 episode with tasteless ending, where everything is left at the exact same spot as before − main character achieved nothing , former friends are still friends (not even the slightest hint of conflict between characters), etc.

I'm not asking for spoilers (but of course you should use the spoiler tag), I just want to know if that's a typical harem with no major twists? Or is it something that really deviates from a generic idea of neverending tease?

No, there's some twists. There's conflict and there's a few twists that make you go "Ohhh. Well shit." There's a major twist that pissed off a lot of the manga readers. I even had to stop reading for the night because it annoyed me and I'm usually the type that attempts to enjoy what I'm reading, thick or thin.

This is one of the few mangas that have annoyingly horrible characters (as in they're bad people) and the author knows how to present them. You'll hate them, you'll get angry, and you'll even pray that truck-san will run a few of them over. But I thought the manga plot, though rushed at times, was well executed.

And to answer your question on "What I expect".
Jan 13, 2017 9:24 PM

Mar 2015
It's a great episode!! Sadly they did not adapt the 3..2..1.. scene like in the manga which i thought were hilarious :D
Jan 13, 2017 9:51 PM

Nov 2016
The panty shots really caught me off guard...

...I'm not complaining though
Jan 13, 2017 10:01 PM

Nov 2016
It's Really rare for me to enjoy a harem show, but this one seems to be more promising after every episode.

When I saw Class Rep face after being rejected, I felt like I need to punch masamune apart not for rejecting her. but for not thinking about her feelings afterwards.
PynchJan 13, 2017 11:32 PM
Jan 13, 2017 10:34 PM

Jul 2011
Probably the minority here, but MC has no interest in the class rep. Would be worse to go on a date and lead her on when he's after Aki. He literally only thought "Oh, I'm popular!" rather than thinking about her feelings. I think it was an appropriate rejection.

Also, I like Aki. She's far from the typical generic and bland main love interest. Terrible person, yes, but interesting nonetheless.
Jan 13, 2017 10:38 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, I hate both of our main characters at this point and only Yoshino is enjoyable to watch. Thankfully this is the kind of hate where I understand why the do what they do and it's just good rational heel heat unlike a certain other show I gave up on in five minutes (aka Fuuka)
Jan 13, 2017 11:05 PM

Mar 2014
What a plot twist.
Jan 13, 2017 11:16 PM

Jul 2015
The soundtrack for this show is soooooo fucking good. Another good episode
Jan 13, 2017 11:44 PM
Jun 2016
GenesisAria said:
gust11 said:
Yeah that's something that most people realize, and as I've looked around that's also one of the main reasons that some people aren't bothering with the anime/manga, simply because they know how it'll turn out
That's pretty stupid... I mean, notably intelligent watchers usually know what's going to happen next. People like myself are used to being proven right, and it's a thrill of the journey and excitement of confirmation.

For this anime, at the very least it's pretty damn funny regardless.

Floyd said:
That's the only con of this story, it is predictable from the very beginning, by just looking at the title lol But still HOW they get to that, it's what can save it :P Otherwise it will get a bland rep for being generic.
That's where these people are stupid. The writers know it's obvious, because most japanese otaku who watch this shit know how flags work. This show is about the comedy nonsense that leads up to it. HOW is it going to happen? It's not about the result.

I agree on figuring things out, hehe one of my favorite anime last summer was Qualidae code, and it was partly because I guessed where it was going and was curious if I was right heh.
Jan 14, 2017 12:31 AM

Sep 2015
Saediss said:
No, there's some twists. There's conflict and there's a few twists that make you go "Ohhh. Well shit." There's a major twist that pissed off a lot of the manga readers. I even had to stop reading for the night because it annoyed me and I'm usually the type that attempts to enjoy what I'm reading, thick or thin.

This is one of the few mangas that have annoyingly horrible characters (as in they're bad people) and the author knows how to present them. You'll hate them, you'll get angry, and you'll even pray that truck-san will run a few of them over. But I thought the manga plot, though rushed at times, was well executed.

And to answer your question on "What I expect".

Got it, thank you for such a detailed response! :>
Jan 14, 2017 1:10 AM

May 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, looks like we got a lot more of Yoshino and Masamune this episode as there's a decent amount of character chemistry there. Didn't take long for Yoshino to reveal more about hersself...

Granted, the story is rolling now too with more chapters being adapted. Aki is also starting to show more of her softer side.

I mean, this smile...
This. This smile is just adorable! :D
Jan 14, 2017 6:39 AM
Feb 2015
Lurker-Chan said:
Poor class rep.....felt bad for her. :(
i felt bad too this is going to be akward in anime
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2017

408 by Treyv0n »»
Yesterday, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.