Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 24, 2015 3:31 AM

Sep 2013
I'm not saying this anime is shit, but I feel there is no "progress" in the story. I mean the animation is good and all that, but I feel the Kekkai Sensen loses its track to tell story/plot to the viewers because they are trying to squish in many character backstories and development in 12 episodes. Which makes me confusing and boring.

Am I the only one that is feeling this way?

P.S I don't know why, but every time I watch Kekkai Sensen it reminds me of Man in Black lol.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 28, 2015 7:37 AM

Sep 2010
Sadly i think so too.. Kekkai Sensen (for me) is not an Anime i look forward to every Week. It's pretty much always the last Show i watch.

Also i don't really get what the "Hype" is all about.. i personally would/will give this a 6 or a 7 but definitely nothing higher than that.
Jun 28, 2015 9:30 AM

Sep 2013
lol people praise cowboy bebop to death, but it's it's still the same as this XD
Episodic till the end XD

If shinichiro watanabe was doing this everyone would fapping over it and form a religion while their at it to celebrate the sales.
Jun 28, 2015 12:29 PM

Sep 2014
Yeah, I know what you mean. I wouldn't call it boring per se, but it's definitely lackluster in my eyes. This series has a lot of cool ideas, but when it comes to plot progression... it's a real trainwreck.

Whenever I watch this, I get the feeling the writer just decided to take the rule of the cool to the extreme. However, all this cool stuff looks hollow. What I feel for most of it is just... void. This abysmal lack of depth really bothers me, because this show could have been fantastic otherwise.

Instead of taking its time to explain the things you're seeing and make them more believable and fleshed out, the show just moves on to the next cool - yet shallow - thing on the list. Because the show never goes over what each character is capable of doing, everything is so open that the writer can pull anything out of his ass whenever he feels like.

I get that chaos is an inherent aspect of the show. To be honest, I think that can be a really cool thing if done right (here we go again with the "cool" stuff though lol). However, most episodes are so chaotic and confusing that I have no idea where things are going. Sometimes, all it leads to is some crazy stuff that happens just to wrap up the story at the very end of the episode and I'm left wondering where that came from.

I've got to admit the burger episode was full of awesome. I really liked it. But unfortunately, it doesn't really lead anywhere in the long run. I mean, I wouldn't mind it if all episodes were as good as that one, but it would be nice to see that burger alien again. The underworld fighting episode was also kind of nice, but that's it for the most part.
FlamepriesTJun 28, 2015 12:34 PM
Jun 28, 2015 4:03 PM

Dec 2012
I think you mean that the series didn't progress how you thought it would. Me neither, looking at how the first episode started, you would think the protagonist would try to take everything into his own hands and do something. Right now it seems like things are just happening out of his control and there's not much he could do.

There's just so much that could be done but they took this direction.

ichii_1 said:
lol people praise cowboy bebop to death, but it's it's still the same as this XD
Episodic till the end XD

If shinichiro watanabe was doing this everyone would fapping over it and form a religion while their at it to celebrate the sales.

You can say that but when you watched cowboy bebop or space dandy, it didn't have the "plot" type of feel or gave any of it, at least in the beginning. This reminds me of Buccano as well. The OP in Kekkai was also kind of misleading.

If there was some kind of progression, no matter how slow it is, it would probably be better. There's also not much explanations either, not saying everything should be explained but lack of explanations definitely feels like a roller coaster ride.
Jun 28, 2015 7:59 PM

Jan 2013
only thing i look forward to each week is the ED unfortunately
Jun 28, 2015 9:48 PM

Sep 2011
DaylightBlue said:

If there was some kind of progression, no matter how slow it is, it would probably be better. There's also not much explanations either, not saying everything should be explained but lack of explanations definitely feels like a roller coaster ride.
What do you mean progression? Cause kekkai has black and white as an overarching plot

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 29, 2015 11:47 PM

Sep 2014
Sorry, but you can't call that an overarching plot. You see White at the end of episode 2, then you think she'll get some screen time in the following episode and she's nowhere to be found.

She randomly shows up every once in a while. Just like they throw random stuff at us every episode without explaining much. Each episode something crazy happens, but there's pretty much no progression. The overall plot isn't going anywhere because it doesn't exist. Dropping very few hints about 1-2 characters and calling that an overarching plot... that's hard to swallow.

Not sure about what happened in episode 10 because I haven't watched it yet. But it looks like this whole Black and White thing will be just another one of their random adventures. It won't feel like a proper accomplishment or something that'll reward them for their efforts throughout the season.
Jun 30, 2015 8:26 AM

Sep 2013
I wonder how this thing sells so much in Japan.

Jun 30, 2015 11:26 AM

Jun 2012
trabeus1 said:
I wonder how this thing sells so much in Japan.

I think it gets bored too... The reason it sells is probably, cause is funny and the animation is top notch compared with the standard quality, as you mentioned. The author being the same as Trigun, probably skyrocks the popularity too.
Jun 30, 2015 11:28 AM
Oct 2011
meh the show is fun as it is, I wasn't expecting a plot, nor should you. The show is obviously about stuff that happens in a city, weird occurrences made with nice animation and soundtracks, an episodic show with style. That's basically it.
Jun 30, 2015 11:42 AM

Feb 2014
It's weird because it seems like a show I would like but I wasn't all that into it, hence why I put it on hold. It will probably stay that way until I feel like picking it up again.

I tried to continue but I kept dozing off mid episode, A lot of people like it but I guess it's another one of those shows that isn't for me.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Jun 30, 2015 12:05 PM

Jan 2015
Candor said:
meh the show is fun as it is, I wasn't expecting a plot, nor should you. The show is obviously about stuff that happens in a city, weird occurrences made with nice animation and soundtracks, an episodic show with style. That's basically it.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Though I'm getting the feeling that the end of the anime will be disappointing considering that Black & White are anime only characters and I don't like them. I have no idea why Nightow decided to add these characters in the anime, maybe to appeal those with bad taste in Japan?

I'd recommend dropping the series at least on the 10th episode and just read the manga instead, it's better.
Jun 30, 2015 12:09 PM

Apr 2013
Candor said:

I watched the first two episodes and didn't feel that invested to be honest.
What you wrote reminds me of Space Dandy, though, which I enjoyed so I'll definitely give it another try.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 1, 2015 12:46 AM

Jan 2015
I thought it was boring too and in fact i dropped it at ep3
Jul 1, 2015 11:43 AM

Dec 2010
At times its super boaring,at times its clueless and there are times when it is good...7/10 for now.
Mim
Jul 2, 2015 6:12 AM

May 2012
The anime was so boring that sometimes I space out while watching it.
Jul 2, 2015 2:47 PM

Nov 2014
I think that it has a good pace, I was looking forward to every episode. It might be hard to marathon it.

Jul 2, 2015 8:38 PM
Jan 2013
This is the anime I look forward to NOT watching. I skip it every week unless I absolutely have nothing else to do. And since I have nothing else to do I watched all the episodes and wrote a review (6/10).

I think this type of anime is an acquired taste. If you, like me, do not particularly enjoy Durarara or Baccano, I don't think you would enjoy Kekkai Sensen. It's just a clusterfunk of nameless and absurd characters, senseless abilities, and random fight scenes coupled with the lack of plot. The anime explains things here and there randomly, I don't know what half of the characters are or what their abilities actually do and I'm up to episode 11. Are they vampires? Are they monsters? Which guy is human? What is that demon who came for the eye contract thing? How strong are these random blood abilities, and how many are there? What in the world is those mushroom aliens whose heads explode when hit?

Again I guess it's taste. For me it's boring and senseless, but I like the soundtrack. Overall, I don't enjoy the random absurd anime styles so can't say that I had too much fun watching this series :-/
Jul 2, 2015 9:15 PM

Sep 2014
bearnuts said:
This is the anime I look forward to NOT watching. I skip it every week unless I absolutely have nothing else to do. And since I have nothing else to do I watched all the episodes and wrote a review (6/10).

I think this type of anime is an acquired taste. If you, like me, do not particularly enjoy Durarara or Baccano, I don't think you would enjoy Kekkai Sensen. It's just a clusterfunk of nameless and absurd characters, senseless abilities, and random fight scenes coupled with the lack of plot. The anime explains things here and there randomly, I don't know what half of the characters are or what their abilities actually do and I'm up to episode 11. Are they vampires? Are they monsters? Which guy is human? What is that demon who came for the eye contract thing? How strong are these random blood abilities, and how many are there? What in the world is those mushroom aliens whose heads explode when hit?

Again I guess it's taste. For me it's boring and senseless, but I like the soundtrack. Overall, I don't enjoy the random absurd anime styles so can't say that I had too much fun watching this series :-/

I enjoyed Baccano. I can't say I loved it, but the writing was still pretty solid. Durarara took about 9 episodes to establish the setting and felt like something I had to get out of the way to enjoy the series. Once I got past that point though, it was a fantastic ride.

Despite all chaos in Baccano and Durarara (no, I don't mean to say that's a bad thing), these series still have a well-written plot and good depth. There's an overarching plot that leads the whole story somewhere, great plot twists here and there, and they have a satisfying conclusion.

Now, what does Kekkai Sensen have in common with Baccano and Durarara? The chaotic environment and superb soundtrack. Yeah, I'll give them that. But that's it.

On the one hand this series is pretty creative, but on the other hand the lack of depth is baffling. Everything is "cool", but nothing is explained properly. And the overarching plot? Well, it's nonexistent.
Jul 3, 2015 3:04 AM

Apr 2014
People had they're own taste and preferences to anime and for me myself, I felt like this anime is made for me tbh, every second of it is a blessing to me.

Plot, some people complaining about the lack of plot thanks to the episodic nature of this series.
But when you look properly at it, there is a big plot in this series, that is:
"Leonardo trying to find a way to get his little sisters eyesight back, thus he goes to a city where nothing normal is happening there which is Hellsalem Lot and (accidentally) joined a secret organization called Libra. This anime is portraying Leonardo daily life as a member of secret organization that full of people with superpower while he himself is just A regular guy that only had a good eye without any killer skill"

It's not that I didn't understand when people said this show devoid of plot but you know, in every storytelling medium there's always a phase called "Build-up".
I didn't yet to read the manga but to bad some of the manga reader said that this part of the manga did had episodic style build up of character introduction, world building and etc and maybe in my opinion because of this, Bones that only want to adapt this series into one cour anime had to made a makeshift 'plot' with White and Black situation that I could say it's not that great of a main plot that people expect because it is supposed to be in the build-up stage.

About the lackluster fast paced all over the place style of story telling that most people complain.
It is not something that people did often in this industry so I kind of understand what they're trying to say, BUT back to my first sentence about taste and preference, This is what made this show so enjoyable for me, the randomness and the fast paced style where I don't know what to expect for the next episode.

And the last thing, there's no loli, boobshot and pantyshot in this series of course some people hate it.
Jul 3, 2015 3:44 AM

Sep 2013
tr1ckst3r said:
People had they're own taste and preferences to anime and for me myself, I felt like this anime is made for me tbh, every second of it is a blessing to me.

Plot, some people complaining about the lack of plot thanks to the episodic nature of this series.
"Leonardo trying to find a way to get his little sisters eyesight back, thus he goes to a city where nothing normal is happening there which is Hellsalem Lot and (accidentally) joined a secret organization called Libra. This anime is portraying Leonardo daily life as a member of secret organization that full of people with superpower while he himself is just A regular guy that only had a good eye without any killer skill"

It's not that I didn't understand when people said this show devoid of plot but you know, in every storytelling medium there's always a phase called "Build-up".
I didn't yet to read the manga but to bad some of the manga reader said that this part of the manga did had episodic style build up of character introduction, world building and etc and maybe in my opinion because of this, Bones that only want to adapt this series into one cour anime had to made a makeshift 'plot' with White and Black situation that I could say it's not that great of a main plot that people expect because it is supposed to be in the build-up stage.

About the lackluster fast paced all over the place style of story telling that most people complain.
It is not something that people did often in this industry so I kind of understand what they're trying to say, BUT back to my first sentence about taste and preference, This is what made this show so enjoyable for me, the randomness and the fast paced style where I don't know what to expect for the next episode.

And the last thing, there's no loli, boobshot and pantyshot in this series of course some people hate it.

First I respect you and your opinion about like this series.

Second, you said "Leonardo trying to find a way to get his little sisters eyesight back" is the plot, well ok, BUT WHERE THE FUCK IS THE PROGRESS TO THIS PLOT THOUGH?

Third, you said "in every storytelling medium there's always a phase called "Build-up" yes we are all aware of that, but you see build ups are garbage at this point when there is no progress in the story.

Fourth, you said "About the lackluster fast paced all over the place style of story telling that most people complain. It is not something that people did often in this industry" You are wrong this is not new or uncommon, this is very common, which train-wrecks the anime itself.

Jul 3, 2015 3:59 AM

Nov 2012
I do find it a bit boring tbh. It always gets better during the second half for me. I'm holding off on episode 11 until episode 12 comes out because of this
Jul 3, 2015 4:19 AM

Apr 2014
trabeus1 said:
tr1ckst3r said:

Second, you said "Leonardo trying to find a way to get his little sisters eyesight back" is the plot, well ok, BUT WHERE THE FUCK IS THE PROGRESS TO THIS PLOT THOUGH?

Third, you said "in every storytelling medium there's always a phase called "Build-up" yes we are all aware of that, but you see build ups are garbage at this point when there is no progress in the story.

Fourth, you said "About the lackluster fast paced all over the place style of story telling that most people complain. It is not something that people did often in this industry" You are wrong this is not new or uncommon, this is very common, which train-wrecks the anime itself.

Like I said that this is the Build Up phase and If you ask about plot progression, the progress is there since this is a story about Leonardo, the progress would be seen in Leonardo himself and people around him where he slowly get used to Hellsalem Lot, Libra and the power of his eye. some people said "it's character development, fleshing out character and world building" though I found that word to be pretentious and so I refrain from using it actually.
No plot progression is definitely exaggeration, 'slow paced' is the proper word to use to say about the plot progression.
And add Black and White situation as one of the plot too.

Well, out of all anime that i've watched, the one that had this kind of fast paced and all over the place storytelling style is Baccano and Evangelion.
tr1ckst3rJul 3, 2015 4:24 AM
Jul 3, 2015 7:00 PM

Sep 2013
tr1ckst3r said:
trabeus1 said:

Like I said that this is the Build Up phase and If you ask about plot progression, the progress is there since this is a story about Leonardo, the progress would be seen in Leonardo himself and people around him where he slowly get used to Hellsalem Lot, Libra and the power of his eye. some people said "it's character development, fleshing out character and world building" though I found that word to be pretentious and so I refrain from using it actually.
No plot progression is definitely exaggeration, 'slow paced' is the proper word to use to say about the plot progression.

Well, out of all anime that i've watched, the one that had this kind of fast paced and all over the place storytelling style is Baccano and Evangelion.

The thing is Baccano and Evangelion had more than 12 episodes making it possible to include "character development" and slow paced story telling. Unlike Baccano and Evangelion, Kekkai Sensen have only 12 episodes and they squishing all of this to fit it into 12 episodes. Even slow paced anime with 12-13 episode has a progress in plot towards last few episodes.
Ending an anime series with only character development and no progress in plot concludes that its a shitty anime.

Jul 3, 2015 11:19 PM

Jul 2014
I agree that there has been no real progress in the story, but I did not find a single episode boring. I do not mind the lack of a plot if each episode can deliver something fun and engaging (strangely reminded of Gintama, though it's unfair to compare it to a single cour anime). In fact Kekkai Sensen was probably the anime I looked forward to the most each week. But with the style they adopted, I would have preferred this anime to be longer and finally get to a plot.
Jul 4, 2015 4:54 AM

Jul 2014
>"Ending an anime series with only character development and no progress in plot concludes that its a shitty anime"

Wow, what? When did you need a plot to be a good anime? The problem is that mostly everyone came in with the expectations of a plot, which the anime did not deliver. Even the manga doesn't even have a plot. It's episodic, like your famous American TV shows like Family Guy or Simpsons for example. And you don't need character development either (I really hate that 'argument').

There's a difference between an anime which strives for a plot, but totally fucks up, and another which doesn't give 2 fucks about a plot, Kekkai Sensen.
"Hi!"
Jul 4, 2015 10:21 AM
Oct 2012
I haven't commented on this show (at least not since the beginning if even then) because I didn't really have anything constructive to say in the way of criticism, and I don't like criticizing where people are enjoying something unless I can say what I disliked and why.

But since this is a thread knocking the show, I feel that I can say my unconstructive criticism once and for all!

For me it was more tiring, which is very similar to being boring.

I have two comparisons for it: the show in some ways reminds me of a latter movie in an all too popular animation franchise. Like Naruto 10, Dragon Ball 12, or something like that. By that time there are too many popular characters that the movie feels like they have to shoehorn in to the movie (at the expense of story) to appeal to all the individual characters fans. The trouble of course is that having not read the series, I really don't know these characters so for me these appearances aren't cool, but rather annoying.

Another comparison is that to me this felt like a Japanese attempt to create an American style Superhero team series. That was the impression I had from the first episode, not sure why, but it felt to me like a calculation, not an inspiration.

A final thing is that I found the story to be long on flash. It had far too motion for my tastes. It was as if they thought if they could jam more and more things into the series, it would distract the viewer from the fact a whole lot really wasn't going on. In many ways I think Cowboy Beebop is the closest comparison to it, that was another show long on flash and movement.

Now these impressions not criticisms, because people want different things from their entertainment. For me though, I found the show visually over stimulating, which for some reason makes me much more aware of the passage of time, much in turn bores me. I am the same with Hollywood Action movies. They are generally only 80-90 minutes long, but I find myself looking at my watch after only 40-50 minutes, whereas some slower movies I can watch for 2 hours or more before I notice the time. Its not that the movies are bad (or slower ones better), its just that the faster ones make me notice the time more.
Jul 4, 2015 12:08 PM

Jun 2013
definetly slow progress

but not even close to boring
Jul 5, 2015 6:59 AM

Jul 2008
The show is very entertaining even though the progress is slow and I don't mind it.
Jul 5, 2015 7:45 AM

May 2015
People should stop being a bunch of wannabe elitists when they claim that:

Lack of plot = shitty anime
Lack of character development = shitty anime

Something being good doesn't necessarily revolve around that, and there's plenty of examples out there that thrive without both things.

For those using those argument all I can say is grow up and go expand your horizons, the view from inside your rectum is clouding your judgement.

If you don't like it, don't watch it.
Jul 5, 2015 8:15 AM

Jan 2013
Shinikaru said:

Something being good doesn't necessarily revolve around that, and there's plenty of examples out there that thrive without both things.

For those using those argument all I can say is grow up and go expand your horizons, the view from inside your rectum is clouding your judgement.

There are so many "automata" in anime community, I always wondered why it's been a trend since forever.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 5, 2015 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
Shinikaru said:

That's their opinion and this is your opinion. Everyone has one and is entitled to it, no offense but you are making yourself look like an elitist.

But I do understand what you mean.
Jul 5, 2015 4:19 PM

Oct 2007
Honestly I don't know how virtually everybody can find G-Reco incomprehensible but have little problems with this show. I've had almost no idea what the fuck has been going on for about the last 3rd of this show and I started off really loving it too. I'm not so sure there is no story progress so much as this is no story here really, nor could I even really call it episodic. There's almost no cohesion to anything going on really even if the craziness of it all doesn't really get old. If it didn't feel like it felt it had all it's ducks in a row and was delivering a solid story and was just a 24 minute extravaganza of crazy tales from Hellsalem's lot every week I wouldn't even mind, but it's just so pretentious about whatever tale it's trying to tell and I feel like shouting just tell your damn story already a lot of the time. No need to be so precious with the details and context. Essentially what I'm trying to say is that the lack of plot isn't the problem, but the lack of any real structure even internally and within the same episode and sometimes even segment is.

I guess I should say I don't find the show boring so much as yet another Bones show that stubbornly refuses to let the viewer into it's mythos and vibe all the way. It started off okay on this front but has actually pushed me away more than it has drawn me in as time goes on with how it just seems to get more and more cryptic as things go along as opposed to what should be the other way around with mysteries starting to reveal themselves. The further you go into this show the more the characters speak in cryptic dialogue and one scene feels disjointed to the next and you aren't even sure of what any of it all means really. Like I get that something called the King of Despair has possessed William so that it would leave his sister alone in a way that parallels what happened with Leo and his sister and that's about it really. Everything else just feels like cryptic dialogue piled on top of cryptic dialogue whenever it's not just trying to be zany and off the cuff, the latter of which I don't even mind that much though the way the characters do it is growing kind of stale. It doesn't help that there's virtually no real development for anyone really beyond the first few episodes.
PeacingOutJul 5, 2015 4:24 PM
Jul 6, 2015 2:30 AM

Sep 2008
I'm not even sure why i continue watching it. It's been pretty boring throughout the entire season, and with the final episode delay, things aren't looking better either.
Jul 6, 2015 1:18 PM

Jul 2013
Agreed. Not what I expected at all
Jul 6, 2015 10:24 PM

Jul 2014
The show is episodic, why does no one understand this?

Sure, Kekkai Sensen isn't the most coherent plot I've ever seen in an anime, and I think White/Black's subplot is executed poorly, but the show's primary focus is to show you the shit that goes on in Hellsalem's Lot. It only feels loosely connected, if at all, because that is how the show, and the manga, was written.

If you aren't a fan of the format, that's cool, but at least I could impart to you that the show isn't going anywhere.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Jul 7, 2015 3:09 AM

Jul 2015
i can't say it's boring, but i think the fight scene is not too interesting for me. the ending should be great. it doesn't matter if it sad or happy ending.
Jul 7, 2015 6:35 PM

Apr 2014
trabeus1 said:
they are trying to squish in many character backstories and development in 12 episodes.

what

There was only leo's and white/black's backstories. Maybe you can count brody/hummer's backstory but that was used more to introduce them and that love-crazed female villain. I'd hardly say there were many backstories. Not even a lot of development either. Any form of development existed mainly in white/black's characters.

It's a little boring for me because I find it annoying how the series is basically centered on white & black instead of the main character- frickin leonardo watch. Adding in so much complexity to their characters while leo's history can be explained in two sentences makes him seem silly as the protagonist. I love leo, and he's almost the only reason why I'm still watching this series. And I don't even like white .-.
Nevermind yeah it's pretty boring. I only watch this for the cinematography, OST, and leo (whose eyes are more significant in the plot than his presence as a main character)
Jul 8, 2015 4:41 AM

Mar 2014
I started this anime after 4 weeks into its season, so I had the chance to marathon it. Unfortunately, that was a mistake since halfway through the second episode, I feel asleep -- granted, I was watching this pretty late and had a tiresome day, but still... it was fairly.

However, episodes 5 & 6 were good enough to keep me going.
Jul 8, 2015 10:00 AM
Jan 2009
episode 11 was all over the place drama is one thing they fail at i feel
Jul 8, 2015 11:14 AM

Mar 2014
tr1ckst3r said:

Shokugeki has all those. You know what else it has? An amazing plot.
Jul 8, 2015 2:26 PM
May 2015
tr1ckst3r said:

You and me both, brother. I never thought I'd like an episodic type of anime which is odd because I did end up loving Cowboy Bebop. Anyway, I started watching the show expecting nothing and the finale is almost upon us and I still don't have any expectations whatsoever. Sure, I want it to end on a high note and blow me away but the thing about Kekkai Sensen that I find so special is I know that it will deliver something amazing for me. It's not an expectation. It's a fact. And I know this is entirely subjective because Kekkai Sensen is my kind of show.

I'm not even going to defend the show's "shortcomings" because everything just boils down to what you are looking for in your show. For me, the plot shows Leo's everyday life as a Libra member. Along the way, he met White and then Black and everything goes to shit. The characters, though not fleshed out, have individual characteristics and they all stood out in their own way.

I also think that part of Kekkai Sensen's charm is that you don't really get half the shit it throws at you, but you watch it anyway because it's fun and infectious and creative and wacky and you just want that kind of energy in your life. I don't know if it'd all make sense in the end but I still probably won't care. Honestly, I look forward to this show every week and I've been in a limbo ever since they've announced the hiatus. Imagine my life once this is all over.

OK, I'm gonna stop blabbing now. I just want to put my two cents out there and at least give reasons why I don't find Kekkai Sensen boring at all. I truly wish everybody can love the same things I did, but hey, I live in a real world and not a make-believe one.
Jul 8, 2015 10:14 PM

Jan 2014
You're not the only one -_-.
Jul 10, 2015 12:34 AM

Feb 2014
jreginald said:
tr1ckst3r said:

Shokugeki has all those. You know what else it has? An amazing plot.

+1 sir
"Just because I’ve gotten weaker, it doesn’t mean that you got stronger, right?" - Accelerator
Jul 12, 2015 6:16 PM

Jul 2014
I must say I was expecting it to be so much better. I thought it would be just as good as Gangsta. turned out to be.

I think the show is overly complicated and it's very easy to lose interest in it.
Jul 13, 2015 2:27 PM

Mar 2014
P3TE said:
I must say I was expecting it to be so much better. I thought it would be just as good as Gangsta. turned out to be.

I think the show is overly complicated and it's very easy to lose interest in it.

So you're saying you feel the same way about GANGSTA.?
Jul 13, 2015 2:36 PM

Apr 2014
thepath said:
The anime was so boring that sometimes I space out while watching it.

Same lol.
Jul 17, 2015 10:50 AM

Oct 2012
trabeus1 said:
tr1ckst3r said:

The thing is Baccano and Evangelion had more than 12 episodes making it possible to include "character development" and slow paced story telling. Unlike Baccano and Evangelion, Kekkai Sensen have only 12 episodes and they squishing all of this to fit it into 12 episodes. Even slow paced anime with 12-13 episode has a progress in plot towards last few episodes.
Ending an anime series with only character development and no progress in plot concludes that its a shitty anime.

Did you even watch the anime? Or are you just talking crap without having seen it?
Jul 17, 2015 11:26 AM

Feb 2012
My problem with BBB is that this setting and these characters are ripe for all kinds of interesting stories, and yet the show chooses to take the safe and predictable path with no interesting philosophy besides "anything can happen in a crazy city", which I think is a boring story. It also doesn't help that there's zero pathos to these characters, and they're kinda lacking in ethos as well since the show barely gives them anything to do.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

347 by Saverpengu »»
May 28, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

261 by InfraCreeper »»
May 26, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

258 by bucciest »»
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.