Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mushishi
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 9, 2008 9:27 PM
Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that episode probably showed the greatest perspect of Ginko in terms of other Mushishi, because now we know he's one of a kind for sure... Yeah Ginko!
Feb 22, 2008 11:00 AM

Feb 2008
Oh, so not all Mushishis are like Ginko.
And it seems Ginko is good with the ladies xD
Mar 30, 2008 10:33 PM

Feb 2008
Wahh! Character development for Ginko! I need more! LOL!
Apr 18, 2008 4:37 PM

Sep 2007
The others mushishi are like "mushi busters"?
And Ginko is one that prefers not to kill and find another solution.
Apr 29, 2008 1:05 PM

Oct 2007
ginko is so awesome. hes the only mushishi that wont kill the mushi? :P oh, and this episode was so cute. i love the bits of romance being thrown in to mushishi now.
Jun 24, 2008 12:29 AM

Mar 2008
^ yeah the romance was cute =] but sad to be reminded of Ginko's limited life-span ='[
that girl will probably out live him =[ how long did Nui last though?
so Ginko really is one of a kind XD the nice unique one of the mushi-shi.
only 6 episodes left =[ not nearly enough!
Jul 31, 2008 8:06 AM

Oct 2007
haha this episode was nice. always nice to see character development for Ginko

Aug 4, 2008 10:50 AM

Aug 2007
KatsuraRen said:
haha this episode was nice. always nice to see character development for Ginko

I agree 100%

Aug 28, 2008 10:36 PM

Jan 2008
Very very nice episode.
Sep 1, 2008 10:02 AM

Jun 2008
hehe glad to see the Ginko gets a little romance too. >////<

But wow... having to memorize all that??? Seriously... just... wow. o_o

Sig WILL change soon~
Oct 1, 2008 3:22 PM

Sep 2008
haha ginko gets more development :D :up: this is one of the mushi that i really don't want to ever get (if i ever lived in the world of mushishi :P)
Oct 28, 2008 5:45 PM

Oct 2008
I wonder if Ginko can keep his promise...would be nice not to travel alone all the time ._. ....but Tanyô is probably right...she would be kind too old then, also not sure how long Ginko can go on like this...

btw i'm not sure....but will Ginko disappear like Nui? I thought this only will happen if you stay too long in the near of this light...
Mar 15, 2009 12:46 PM

Sep 2008
nice ep...
wish I had his talent with the ladies :P

Antarael said:
I wonder if Ginko can keep his promise...would be nice not to travel alone all the time ._. ....but Tanyô is probably right...she would be kind too old then, also not sure how long Ginko can go on like this...

btw i'm not sure....but will Ginko disappear like Nui? I thought this only will happen if you stay too long in the near of this light...

nah i dont think he'll disappear...that only happens if you're exposed to the light too long
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
May 5, 2009 7:04 PM

Jan 2009
Ginko has some smooth operating moves with the women. Never knew he was such a stud with already 2 ladies in vying for him with who knows how many more he meets on his journeys. Also i wonder if mushishi like ginko go in that chamber of mushishi scrolls to learn more about other mushishi's and if thats how mushishi's actually learn how to deal with them in the first place with the long history of records being explained now.
Jun 22, 2009 11:40 AM

Jun 2009
i have just undestood: one of the most scrumptios moments about this anime is _sounds
sounds of the wind, of the wooden door..ohh
Jun 24, 2009 1:51 PM

Dec 2008
schwazzle said:
i have just undestood: one of the most scrumptios moments about this anime is _sounds
sounds of the wind, of the wooden door..ohh

Exactly! I have felt that since the first chapter, you can hear everything so nicely..eve footsteps, the rustle of clothes, of paper..everything...that must have been an enormous amount of work for a sound effect staff..really great..I just love when that happens..
Nov 7, 2009 3:17 PM

Sep 2009
normal mushi-shis = mushi busters
ginko = teh best ambassador between mushis and humans
Dec 19, 2009 4:51 PM
Oct 2009
lol this episode had me smiling...the text Matrix part was intense...
i hope those 2 get together by the end....
Dec 29, 2009 3:18 PM

Mar 2009
Ginko FTW

I really like the voice acting cast of Mushishi.
May 22, 2010 1:41 PM

Jan 2010
great episode ^^,and another girl has fallen for the mushi master xD

hurray for ginko :D

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 15, 2010 2:31 PM

Aug 2009
Ginko likes Tanyô! Ginko likes Tanyô! etc.

Amazing episode. Text flowing from the foot... Text invading a room... THAT's a lot of work for an animation studio, I guess.
Aug 20, 2010 2:10 AM

Feb 2009
That's my fav episode ♥
Sep 9, 2010 7:09 PM

Aug 2009
Though this show didn't have much to do with Mushi but it so amazingly manages to progress with character development that it's overwhelming.

It was great to see little hints of romance here and there. The way the show ending, panning upwards while they sat on the rocks with the blowing wind, it left me awed.
And Ginko is so attractive in winter clothing.
Sep 12, 2010 2:56 PM

Aug 2009
rg_gapa said:
That's my fav episode ♥

Same here <3
Oct 25, 2010 2:03 AM
Jun 2008
makezh22 said:
Ginko has some smooth operating moves with the women. Never knew he was such a stud with already 2 ladies in vying for him with who knows how many more he meets on his journeys.

It amuses me that Ginko is such a ladies' man rofl. Also, I got the impression in past episodes that all Mushishi were respectful of Mushi. It was a breath of fresh air to learn that is not the case.
Jan 5, 2011 11:30 PM

Jan 2009
Ginko's a beast. Nuff said.

Jan 6, 2011 12:36 AM

Aug 2010
Best episode. A girl who can't walk and a boy who must keep moving in fear of destroying those around him. =[
Jan 10, 2011 6:29 PM
Sep 2010
really liek this episode. awesome character development of ginko and the idea of having to remove a mushi by telling it stories is quite an interesting perspective
Mar 16, 2011 10:20 AM

May 2010
And another great episode with a lil bit of romance. I really really loved it. xD

I don't know what it feels like to be someone who's carrying a burden for the rest of her life. That girl sure is a tough one.
The mushi in this episode was just fascinating. Crawling texts, picking it up by chopsticks
and what's best is memorizing more than a thousand stories. All are just too epic for words!!

Ginko = Mushi Master = WIN
Mushibuster = Meh

And the ending part. It was beautiful.
Two people talking about their future who didn't wanted to be what they are now from the start
yet they're enjoying what they are now and much more if they're with each others' company.
I hope they'll be together in the future. =)

Also, I want to hear Ginko's story of skin mole-eating mushi. xD
StormViruzMar 16, 2011 10:49 AM
Apr 30, 2011 2:23 PM

Jul 2009
I loved this episode (maybe the best yet). Gotta love how unique Ginko is compared to the other mushishi and it was nice to get another bit of character development too :)
May 17, 2011 11:31 PM

Dec 2009
Nice episode.

Jun 11, 2011 7:45 AM

Jun 2009
I’ve never doubted of Ginko’s uniqueness, and this episode strengthens the high-esteem I have for him. He deals with Mushi as living creatures, even if they’re precisely right in the middle of being “dead” or “living”, so exterminating them is not a choice.
Peaceful solutions in which everyone can come out ahead; Mushi included, of course.

Ginko’s truly admirable.

Once again, like every episode, I found it very insightful and brilliant. It’s just exceptional beyond any doubt.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Sep 2, 2011 7:40 PM

Jan 2011
i agree with most of whats being said in this thread, i'd like to add some ideas though.
firstly, i dont think its necessarily true that ginko is unique in his way of dealing with mushi, he's certainly one of the better though. you guys seem to forget that mushi-shi were specifically asked there for there stories about killing the mushi, so it makes sense if the mushi-shi who dont have many stories about killing mushi, like ginko, dont get invited to tell their stories. i think this idea is strengthened by the fact that Ginko got there by accident, and that it was apparently necessary for the girl to ask permission for him to come there again.
still though the fact that if not most, at least a lot of mushi-shi have this attitude gives me much more respect for Ginko

secondly you guys seem to think that Ginko is some sort of ladiesman ^^" and i have to disagree, he's never actively tried to seduce any women and the occasions on which women are attracted to him are not because he's trying to make them be. Ginko is just a genuenly nice and caring guy, who loves what he does and helps a lot of people out. he never does something to try to woo anybody. women, and most people really, just like him for who he actually is.

other than that i think this is one of my favorite episodes, mostly because of the character development and because we get to see Ginko actually connect with somebody as a person, and not as a mushi-shi.
~Flow
Sep 29, 2011 3:54 AM

Mar 2011
Ginki is such a boss. No one can deny that.
Oct 14, 2011 4:10 PM

Jan 2011
My favorite episode. For sure.
Mar 9, 2012 10:58 AM

May 2009
"Do not allow yourself to be blinded by fear or anger. Everything is only as it is."

Once again, a beautiful episode.
Mar 13, 2012 5:02 AM

Sep 2008
Particularly loved the part of this episode where the girl was "catching" the lines of text with chopsticks and pinning them back down... Awesome. :D
Apr 1, 2012 6:22 PM

May 2010
That was a pretty neat episode, no killing mushi this time.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 7, 2012 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
Jun 21, 2012 10:59 PM

Jan 2012
Oh man, this episode is my favorite of the entire anime series. It had everything I wanted. It had an amazing Mushi to focus on. How it was an ancient and evil mushi really escalated the overall mythological feel of Mushi on a whole. It introduced one of my favorite characters in the anime; the girl with the charcoal foot. Her dedication is astounding and the chemistry she has with ginko is perfect. Ginko seems to talk on another level of comfort with her. A lot of times I feel that certain girl characters wouldn't be for Ginko because they're unwilling to travel, or they just don't share his passion or his knowledge, but these two have sooo much in common and she wants to travel with him. The visuals in this anime were really good too. The text mushi looked really striking and when she was flicking them with her chopsticks was just bad ass. Finally, the fact that this episode showed how truly unique Ginko is solidified him as one of my favorite characters in anime.

10 our of freaking 10.
Aug 31, 2012 6:36 AM

Feb 2012
While I can respect the sentiment on avoiding the killing of mushi, I tend to disagree with the sentiment. A misfortune for one person is an opportunity for another. Even though most of the mushi masters killed the mushi, I’m sure some other mushi or life form filled the void the death caused. I know I have benefited tremendously because of other peoples misfortunes, and I understand that others have benefited from my misfortune.
Oct 27, 2012 7:56 AM

May 2012
Great episode really makes the character of Ginko way stronger in the whole story! Just Love It!
Jan 27, 2013 11:39 PM

Nov 2011
I don't know but I think I was not really enjoying this episode like couples episodes before, but I know this is still a good episode ... More than that, eventhough this episode is not really enjoying, but I know is likely this episode is including as one of the most important episode to the main plot itself ...

only 6 episodes left, I think I will sad if this epic series come to the end ... :'(
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Feb 5, 2013 9:04 AM

Jan 2012
Looks like Ginko is a lot different from other mushi masters.

May 20, 2013 10:55 PM

Jun 2008
Oh man, love it. Ginko is not your average mushi and he's got a way with the ladies. What an interesting character, in 20 episodes I've slowly learned so much about him. I feel bad for the girl though, such a difficult hand to be dealt. Hopefully she can get rid of the birthmark before she dies, and experience what it feels like to walk naturally.
May 28, 2013 8:52 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode!
May 31, 2013 10:57 AM

May 2013
Very nice ep. It doesn't make me think Ginko's that unique, he's just one of the better, imo.
Loved the interaction between the two as well, hope they'll once meet again.

/quick edit. Was just about to watch another, the intro really seems to be about those two concidering Ginko always needs to move forward and it being a love song-
Jul 6, 2013 7:35 AM

Dec 2012
After every mushishi episode I say "Oh no, THIS is my favourite episode!" XD
Mushishi is pure poetry... And Ginko is such a great character! (and really good with the ladies XD)
Jul 17, 2013 12:17 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
This was quite an interesting episode regarding the world of Mushishi. Now we know how Ginko has so much knowledge about different kinds of mushi. Tanyuu is such a great person, accepting her duty as a child. And then she doesn't want it to be passed down to the next generation and end it with her because not only does she want to be able to walk and travel, but she knows it's a painful responsibility. The ending was quite touching as well because of the conversation between the two of them, how he would allow her to travel with him, if he lives that long :)
Jul 23, 2013 6:16 PM
Jun 2013
ginko has 2 girls after him now ooohhh yeaaa. Anywho its nice to see where ginko gets all his info from and how its gathered. I dont know about the whole not killing mushi thing. If its causeing great pain to others and theres no other way then it has to be done.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

175 by reus23shinji »»
May 15, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 6, 2008

150 by reus23shinji »»
May 11, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 6, 2008

159 by Nuikorakabiri »»
Apr 22, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 2, 2008

157 by hinasuns »»
Mar 21, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

93 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 16, 11:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.