Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 1, 2020 1:20 AM

Aug 2014
> I even watched that stupid show called prism illya

If you watched it, I'm sorry. After the first season the anime goes south, it's the manga, the original work, that it's the good one.

>To make things look awesome in the screen/game, they have to sometimes disregard the "rules" they created way back then

I'm sorry, I absolutely do not understand this.
Like, it doesn't make any sense. To make thing awesome on the screen they disregarded the rules? What? Where is the correlation here?
Fate/stay night and Fate/hollow ataraxia have plenty of awesome moments in a VN format, and FGO is somewhat similar in presentation.
Really, it doesn't make any sense to say that cool visuals on screen = breaking the lore.

>I do not consider FGO as canon

It is not for you to decide.
FGO is in actuality officially one of the three most important Fate titles in terms of lore

>Huge waste of time and energy

except it actively went back to explore older ideas and it's building on stuff mentioned in the past, finally explaining some really important older elements in the Nasuverse

>(and I dislike parallel world explanation)

It's not an explanation.
It's real.
It's an established thing in the Nasuverse.
Multiple routes in Tsukihime and Fate/stay night, the Fate/hollow ataraxia mixed events timeline, Zelretch himself, the frigging Second Magic.

>(whose writing is not nearly as good as nasu's other works)

Yeah we're back at the usual argument of bias with other Fate titles. Maybe there will be a sprinkle of "Zero is the best, it's so dark" here and there, mh?

Your whole post makes you more a perfect stereotype of the mentioned "Type-Boomer" than anything in this thread until now.
Ironic.
Mar 1, 2020 2:45 AM

Aug 2010
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
:touche: :ded:
anyways found another argument i saw someone throw about fgo ruining fate franchise

classes making less and less sense and became more abritary being given for the sake of gameplay
we know the one

Such as?

Ruler, Avenger and Shielder were all conceived during the writing of F/SN.
Alterego is an alternative class for those who just don't fit in any class.
MoonCancer is a class invented by BB because she's motherflipping BB, a self-proclaimed Cheat Character. She does whatever the hell she feels like at any given moment.
Beast is not a class, but a classification. Beasts can't be summoned in that vessel because it doesn't exisis is why Alterego is a thing.
Foreigner is a class that contains beings who are aknowledged as Heroic Spirits of the Human Order but aren't a part of the Human Order.

If you call the classes made after F/SN arbitrary, while being arbitrary yourself about the classes having to tie into a weapon for some reason, then what do you have to say abouy Avenger?
Mar 1, 2020 2:57 AM

Oct 2015
astroprogs said:
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
:touche: :ded:
anyways found another argument i saw someone throw about fgo ruining fate franchise

classes making less and less sense and became more abritary being given for the sake of gameplay
we know the one

Such as?

Ruler, Avenger and Shielder were all conceived during the writing of F/SN.
Alterego is an alternative class for those who just don't fit in any class.
MoonCancer is a class invented by BB because she's motherflipping BB, a self-proclaimed Cheat Character. She does whatever the hell she feels like at any given moment.
Beast is not a class, but a classification. Beasts can't be summoned in that vessel because it doesn't exisis is why Alterego is a thing.
Foreigner is a class that contains beings who are aknowledged as Heroic Spirits of the Human Order but aren't a part of the Human Order.

If you call the classes made after F/SN arbitrary, while being arbitrary yourself about the classes having to tie into a weapon for some reason, then what do you have to say abouy Avenger?

nt that class arbitary
the whole
archers dont shoot thing
that lame ass meme
saw it when reddit was memeingabout archers dont fore bow and someone actually used that argument
which also led to riders and their classification somehow
archers in fgo making less sense and being archers just cause
:S

apologies for not making that clear
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Mar 1, 2020 7:54 AM

Jul 2013
ssjokg said:
Dull_Lull said:

1. It doesn't really matter if it's the living Saber or not. The fact is the Artoria from FSN timelie is the one who wielded Excalibur all her life so it makes sense for her to say and assume that she can only be summoned as a Saber class.

But like I said, we can excuse her Lancer version to alternate timelines and different circumstances.

2 & 3. I always forget about Apocrypha for some reason but even if it didn't originate from FGO, that part was still retconned in the end. I understand why they did it. It was too restrictive of a rule to be held faithfully.

4. Even if the HGW in FGO universe isn't the same one the original three families used, in the end they still use the same Throne of Heroes since it exists outside the realm of time. It doesn't make sense for these heroic spirits to be remembering stuff from previous singularities or whatever.

5. Emiya was already the way he was when he got summoned by Rin and didn't even meet Shirou back then. There's a very stark difference between FSN Emiya and FGO Emiya. One is the cynical cunt we know, the other is "best mom" and despite being a CG, he doesn't really seem to show some attributes he had during his time in FSN.

6. The thing is, we should just accept that pseudo-servants are just purely fanservice no matter how hard they try to justify it. The final nail in the coffin is when these pseudo-servants basically retain most of their host's original personality despite being supposedly a 30-70 ratio between both personalities. Even Demi-servants make way more sense.

Honestly, I'd accept the pseudo-servant concept if the hosts they possess are like homunculus or something ala Sieg.

1.But she did have the other weapons no matter how much she used them.
All other Heroic Spirits have access to stuff they lost or used for a limited time. Karna never used VS but he can use it easily with no problems.
Gil didnt have the Chains of Heaven in life but he does as a Servant.

And in the end Lartorias are not just a different aspect, they are totally different people, just like EMIYA and EMIYA Alter.

2,3.I mean, only difference is that the Berserkers can now talk.Even then most of them are batshit crazy one way or another and real communication is impossible unless the ME rank is low.

4.How a system works depends on who created it. We dont know how the Throne actually works when summoning Grands, so applying what we know about the Fuyuki ritual or the Chaldea Ritual isnt right.

5.EMIYA being a cynical cunt doesnt stop him from acting like "best mom" EMIYA(and honestly that is just a meme).EMIYA talks shit while making sure your tea is properly prepared. And again, in FSN he is so salty because Shirou is around. At the start of FSN before Shirou was involved he was just a sarcastic jerk to Rin.

6.They also help the story develop properly. Nasu cant use the real Ishtar because she would just kill everyone at the start.Messing her with Rin's personality fixes that.
Sure Jaquarman is pure fanservice. But then we also have Muramasa who just looks like Shirou.

1. Fair point.

2-3. I think Berserkers started talking with Spartacus but he was still clearly not right in the head. I feel like the Berserkers now are too sane to be called one unless provoked.

4. The problem to me is FGO does not make it clear with how servants' memories work. Even if we take into account that the ritual used in FGO is different from the one used in FSN, they still utilize the same Throne of Heroes.

5. Fair point. I forgot about Emiya doing housework in Rin's house lol.

6. I'm still iffy about the whole pseudo-servant thing tbh. I do love Muramasa because he's clearly NOT Shirou unlike Ishtar or Eresh who are borderline actual Rins.
Mar 2, 2020 5:52 AM
Oct 2019
I don't feel like FGO breaks Nasuverse rules or retcons stuff. Heck Apocrypha actually does stuff in more unbelievable ways compared to FGO if one looks closely (The most notable being Jeanne somehow escaping from the Throne of Heroes and reaches the reverse side of the world using THE POWER OF LOVE).

In FGO, a new scenario is created where older rules can't exactly be applicable. For example, Chaldea uses the FATE system to summon servants which differs from the Fuyuki System in Stay/Night by being able to summon servants other than the basic seven classes such as Rulers (Amakusa was summoned in Apocrypha due to Einzbern's meddling with the summon system), Avengers, Foreigner etc. Plus there is also the scope of events like the Singularities and stuff like Rayshifting involved.

The servant memory thing is kinda hard to understand but its something like this: Fuyuki Servants don't remember events in the grail war like they participated in it. Instead the Heroic Spirit in the Throne can access records like "reading a book." Plus exceptions were always there even in Stay/Night such as Saber Arturia who had her body preserved due to her contract with the world to get the grail (hence remembers the 4th HGW and can't go into spirit form) and EMIYA who was a counter guardian who got summoned due to Rin's pendant acting as a catalyst.

Long story short, FGO doesn't exactly violate Nasuverse rules but rather expands the universe to create newer stuff.

As for why few Nasuverse fans criticize it, the massive popularity of FGO and the quality of the earlier parts most likely made them think Fate was becoming too mainstream and might slowly lose its uniqueness thanks to casualization dumbing down stuff. But the writers were actually skeptical about how they would handle the story back then and starting from Camelot, the writing got much better and something that feels more fitting in the Nasuverse. Even some silly events like the one involving Paul Bunyan and last Year's Christmas event on NA actually manage to tell some really interesting stories like how Bunyan viewed herself or Ereshkigal's motivations as the Queen of Kur. And more serious events like Setsubun (Manages to shed light into Tomoe's oni lineage) and CCC collab are better written. Let's not forget how servants from other Fate entries got more better characterization here in FGO like most of Apocrypha's cast like Spartacus, Avicebron and Jeanne. Even Sieg in FGO has a believable and likable personality. Nuff said. So, it doesn't exactly feel like an Anti-Nasuverse casual addition (Apocrypha would be the closest example of that). In fact, I still find a lot of people among the FGO community to be fans of the Nasuverse who actually experienced their earliest works. If anything, FGO can actually make people interested about other Nasuverse works like Kara No Kyokai (thanks to a collab event with it) and make sore more new people can walk into hell that is the Nasuverse.
Oct 16, 2021 2:57 PM
Nov 2017
Because it's dumb lol. That's my honest answer.
Dumb and bad.
It's inferior as a story to just about every other typemoon entry, and I suppose most fans don't like how much attention they are giving it.
Also the fact that it will seemingly never end is definetly not a good sign..
Everything in Nasuverse exists in it's own slot and it kinda feels like Fgo is taking up like ten slots, and growing.
I mean it's basically it's own thing at this point since there are already some people who play Fgo that haven't watched or read anything else typemoon.
I don't know if there are any other reasons.
There is nothing inherently wrong about it, it's just setting a weird course for the future of typemoon I guess.
SaberFaceOct 16, 2021 3:02 PM
Oct 17, 2021 12:50 AM

Aug 2009
SaberFace said:
Because it's dumb lol. That's my honest answer.
Dumb and bad.
It's inferior as a story to just about every other typemoon entry, and I suppose most fans don't like how much attention they are giving it.
Also the fact that it will seemingly never end is definetly not a good sign..
Everything in Nasuverse exists in it's own slot and it kinda feels like Fgo is taking up like ten slots, and growing.
I mean it's basically it's own thing at this point since there are already some people who play Fgo that haven't watched or read anything else typemoon.
I don't know if there are any other reasons.
There is nothing inherently wrong about it, it's just setting a weird course for the future of typemoon I guess.
You realize that the main story is ending right?

And whether people like it or not FGO's success is the reason Tsukihime Remake turned out as it did.

Just because TM had 1 successful gacha game doesnt mean anything is ruined.
Oct 17, 2021 1:06 AM
Nov 2017
I wouldn't know because I don't play that shit..
And wasn't the main story the Solomon arc, but that shit is still going?
And no, that is just not true, they were going to remake Tsukihime anyway Nasu has said ages ago that he wants "Tsukihime 2" and ofcourse it helps them that they are doing financially well, but it's defienetly not only "because of Fgo" that they made those things... For real now..

I also just listed reasons why people might dislike it, I didn't claim that it ruins anything.
Oct 17, 2021 1:13 AM

Aug 2009
SaberFace said:
And no, that is just not true, they were going to remake Tsukihime anyway Nasu has said ages ago that he wants "Tsukihime 2" and ofcourse it helps them that they are doing financially well, but it's defienetly not only "because of Fgo" that they made those things... For real now..

I also just listed reasons why people might dislike it, I didn't claim that it ruins anything.
It is funny when people that dont follow something shit on it without actually knowing anything.

Solomon was arc 1 and if you had played it you would know of some foreshadowing it did.

Read some interviews about Tsukihime Remake because the delays FGO created was what made the Remake better than what they envisioned; the extra time it took made it better. Also read what others say more carefully. I never said that FGO was the reason the Remake was created.

We dislike parts of it like Ritsuka, the MC, being even more bland than Sieg or Hakuno at the start of Extra.And of course the first stories of arc 1.

Those that dislike it for existing with barely no knowledge of it have no real say in the matter.
Oct 17, 2021 1:24 AM

Oct 2015
tbh not sure if you wanted to take this
or if i wanted to but :sip:

but yea
tsukihime remake could only have that high of a production value than like 99% of vns is cause of fgo
heck they even let fgo die for 1-2 years to work on tsukihime
so saying its taking up all the slot is wrong too
Oct 17, 2021 2:06 AM
Nov 2017
ssjokg said:
SaberFace said:

It is funny when people that dont follow something shit on it without actually knowing anything.

Solomon was arc 1 and if you had played it you would know of some foreshadowing it did.

Read some interviews about Tsukihime Remake because the delays FGO created was what made the Remake better than what they envisioned; the extra time it took made it better. Also read what others say more carefully. I never said that FGO was the reason the Remake was created.

We dislike parts of it like Ritsuka, the MC, being even more bland than Sieg or Hakuno at the start of Extra.And of course the first stories of arc 1.

Those that dislike it for existing with barely no knowledge of it have no real say in the matter.

I have played some of it I just never finished it, I do know enough that story wise it's not that good.
Well I would like to see the exact interview where they said that, but I belive it. I mean ofcourse more budget allows for more lavish projects and Fgo is a contributor to that is not the point that I was arguing.

However this argument does seem rather redundant as neither of us are really getting each others points.
Fgo is not the root of all evil, nor does it ruin anything atleast not directly.

My original comment list some reasons for generally disliking, and as I mentioned before I did play it in the past and I completed Babylonia, but didn't play it further.

Personally I don't mind it as fanservice game, but as canonical part of typemoon it feels a
little too different from the rest.
But that's okay because I basically look at Fgo as it's own thing by now.

SaberFaceOct 17, 2021 2:34 AM
Oct 17, 2021 2:33 AM

Aug 2009
SaberFace said:
ssjokg said:

I have played some of it I just never finished it, I do know enough that story wise it's not that good.
I want to see the exact interview where thay said that Fgo is the reason, for the remakes production value.

Overall and what this really boils down to, it's just an insult to the rest of the nasuverse, it's a dumb fanservice game that attempts to be serious and that results into some unintentional comedy lol.
It doesn't ruin the whole thing, but it's still an eyesore.

What does "finished it" mean?

https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/pckcyc/nasu_and_takeuchi_interview_on_tsukire_launch/halinis/

If you can read you realize why.

Funny words from someone that isnt actually playing.
Oct 17, 2021 2:40 AM
Nov 2017
I have played it, I have said that several times already..

Your arguments are hollow and self-repetitive.

It's just not that good bro, live with it..
Oct 17, 2021 3:42 AM

Aug 2009
SaberFace said:

Oh this one is classic counter argument with absolutely no substance.

Oct 17, 2021 3:54 AM
Nov 2017
ssjokg said:
SaberFace said:

Ditto.

I mean just to elaborate a little further, you do realize that you're literally just repeating the same thing over and over again.
Even after I clarified that while I'm not playing the game anymore and am not aware of the current status of the story, I have played it in the past, so I do have a pretty well informed opinion about the story.
Like I said I have played thru the Babylonia chapter and at least back when I played it, Babylonia and Camelot were considered "good" in Fgo standards, and both of them I have completed.
So there you have it.

Now your just going over the same thing, again and again.
Oct 17, 2021 4:32 AM

Aug 2009
SaberFace said:
ssjokg said:

Ditto.

I mean just to elaborate a little further, you do realize that you're literally just repeating the same thing over and over again.
Even after I clarified that while I'm not playing the game anymore and am not aware of the current status of the story, I have played it in the past, so I do have a pretty well informed opinion about the story.
Like I said I have played thru the Babylonia chapter and at least back when I played it, Babylonia and Camelot were considered "good" in Fgo standards, and both of them I have completed.
So there you have it.

oh well done you completed the two first chapters when FGO started to get good then ignored 10 whole other main chapters after it, some bigger than FSN itself.

Amazing, like dropping FSN in the prologue.

That isnt a "pretty well informed" opinion.

Yes I repeat myself because you 1)replied about a thing I didnt say so I had to reiterate , 2) because you are also repeating yourself and 3)You apparently havent read any interview about FGO or other works so you talk out of your ass.

I wonder how FGO is below TM standards and ruins their image and works when it adds many times better lore than Apocrypha(which is discount FSN in many aspects), Kaleid(which is good only for the Servant and extended TM fanservice(pretty much what FGO is doing lol)) , and the first Extra(pretty bland start). Not to mention all those lesser games including Unlimited Codes.

If you compare FGO to KnK, FSN and Tsukihime, well no shit it isnt anywhere as good.
But it isnt the first or last one that is lackluster compared to the big 3 main works.

Oct 17, 2021 5:56 AM

Oct 2015
ok ody calm down
this dude is just an alt troll
dont waste your time :nopers: on him
Oct 24, 2021 8:25 AM
Nov 2017
ssjokg said:
SaberFace said:

Ditto.

So there you have it.

oh well done you completed the two first chapters when FGO started to get good then ignored 10 whole other main chapters after it, some bigger than FSN itself.

Yes I repeat myself because you 1)replied about a thing I didnt say so I had to reiterate , 2) because you are also repeating yourself and 3)You apparently havent read any interview about FGO or other works so you talk out of your ass.

I wonder how FGO is below TM standards and ruins their image and works when it adds many times better lore than Apocrypha(which is discount FSN in many aspects), Kaleid(which is good only for the Servant and extended TM fanservice(pretty much what FGO is doing lol)) , and the first Extra(pretty bland start). Not to mention all those lesser games including Unlimited Codes.

If you compare FGO to KnK, FSN and Tsukihime, well no shit it isnt anywhere as good.
But it isnt the first or last one that is lackluster compared to the big 3 main works.

It's still a pretty substantial amount of story that I read and it's really not at all comparable to Fsn prologue, don't bullshit..

You can easily tell the overall guality of the story from that amount, and the fact that there is more doesn't invalidate that.

Oct 24, 2021 8:30 AM

Aug 2009
SaberFace said:
ssjokg said:

It's still a pretty substantial amount of story that I read and it's really not at all comparable to Fsn prologue, don't bullshit..

You can easily tell the overall guality of the story from that amount, and the fact that there is more doesn't invalidate that.

The comparison with FSN's prologue is an example. Yes obviously they aren't the same in length or quality.

No you cant because the writers and developers themselves admitted that they didn't expect so much demand for the story and it is apparent how much FGO changed since the early arcs.
You just said that a story cant evolve and get better.
Newsflash. It can. The opposite is true as well.
Oct 24, 2021 8:38 AM
Nov 2017
ssjokg said:
SaberFace said:

The comparison with FSN's prologue is an example. Yes obviously they aren't the same in length or quality.

No you cant because the writers and developers themselves admitted that they didn't expect so much demand for the story and it is apparent how much FGO changed since the early arcs.
ssjokg said:
SaberFace said:

Admitting that they didn't expect it to get so popular really means nothing..
I mean it's basically saying that they did initially bad job because they didn't know how well it would be received.
Don't put words in peoples mouths, I didn't say that a story can't evolve, but you can tell a lot of things about it even if you haven't completed it entirely.
Oct 24, 2021 8:41 AM

Aug 2009
SaberFace said:
ssjokg said:

ssjokg said:

I mean it's basically saying that they did initially bad job because they didn't know how well it would be received.
Don't put words in peoples mouths, I didn't say that a story can't evolve, but you can tell a lot of things about it even if you haven't completed it entirely.

It means a lot when all arcs released after that had increased in quality to a ridiculous degree.

You havent even completely finished 1/3 of a story that is ongoing for 7 years.
That's exactly what you are saying if you judge a series from what really is a small part of it.
Nov 26, 2021 3:23 PM
Nov 2017
ssjokg said:
SaberFace said:

It means a lot when all arcs released after that had increased in quality to a ridiculous degree.

You havent even completely finished 1/3 of a story that is ongoing for 7 years.
That's exactly what you are saying if you judge a series from what really is a small part of it.

Artistic integrity is completely absent when you're just extending the story for money.
That´s the main difference between Fgo and most other things typemoon.
After getting an initial feel for the story and the nature of the setup, even if it evolves from that, which is possible and probable, it won't fundamentally change..

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» watch order

Strat2005 - May 17

9 by n7pidgey »»
May 20, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.