Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 4, 2019 1:06 PM
Mar 2015
I'm not sure how I missed this, but a few weeks ago the director of the series sat down for an interview and discussed the possibility of a Season 2.

Here's what he said from the article:

You are probably not allowed to say anything about it, but can you tell us something about a possible second season of Tanya?

Uemura: The first season was a smash hit. The movie was also well received. So, there is nothing that speaks against a second season. There is nothing stopping us except one thing: Tanya is very exhausting to produce. We would be happy if you would give us some time to recharge our batteries, and then maybe.

Here is the full link:
[url=https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/11/13-1/interview-how-tanya-the-evil-infused-wwi-technology-with-magic[/url]

I want a Season 2 badly. I honestly have no idea what he means by charging their batteries as it's been almost 10 months since the movie came out. If he's talking about Studio NUT's upcoming show, then maybe. Sounds like it'll happen, but probably fall 2020 or winter 2021.

What do you guys think?
Dec 4, 2019 1:11 PM

Jul 2017
I really hope it does. Has one of the more unique settings and especially after the movie I really do enjoy how Tanya isn't your typical goody two shoes nor typical baddy

It does need a better villain than Mary though, like the dad from the 1st season
Dec 6, 2019 6:02 AM

Oct 2016
IMO this isn't a question of IF it will happen but rather when.
As already stated by Director Uemura, Tanya was hitting it. It has gathered enough fan base to make a second season a guarantee.
So the question should be "when?".
And I really hope, that it will be rather 2020 than 2021.

Honestly, I don't understand why they didn't already go for it. It's good money for NUT, isn't it?
Personally, I don't know enough about Studio NUT or the industry in general to be able to tell what they are doing in the meantime or what he means by "recharging their batteries".
Dec 19, 2019 5:15 PM
Mar 2015
halfpastnein said:
IMO this isn't a question of IF it will happen but rather when.
As already stated by Director Uemura, Tanya was hitting it. It has gathered enough fan base to make a second season a guarantee.
So the question should be "when?".
And I really hope, that it will be rather 2020 than 2021.

Honestly, I don't understand why they didn't already go for it. It's good money for NUT, isn't it?
Personally, I don't know enough about Studio NUT or the industry in general to be able to tell what they are doing in the meantime or what he means by "recharging their batteries".

I think it has something to do with an original anime that is coming out soon. I guess they want to expand their library and took a break from Tanya to do it.

I'm with you on the Recharging part, still doesn't make sense to me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

209 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 25, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

313 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

448 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Apr 24, 8:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.