Natsume Yuujinchou, Dororo Recommendations
- Both deal with youkai/demons/monster/spirits
- Both shows focus heavily on a familial bond between of an unlikely pair, growing friendship that start off apart, but slowly grow closer and stronger over the course of the show
- Both shows are based heavily in Japanese folklore
- Both shows hold similar themes of overcoming/accepting ones painful past in order to move forward in life.
- Both have seemingly unconnected singular episodes, but each episode plays a part in building the overall story and play into each character learning and growing.
Both anime have a companion that helps the main character to develop and I think they are in similar way.
The story deals with demon/supernatural creatures and the main characters need to capture it or slay it.
They are episodic and it's fine. Nevertheless, these two anime will give you a heartwarming feeling and even cry.