Ookami to Koushinryou, Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Recommendations
something with the promise similar to that of the anime
Both shows focus on money and merchanting also most main girls have anime ears.
While shield also has an other world fight thing going spice and wolf is more focused on the merchant economic side.
Travelling around as a merchant with a cute brown haired animal girl. Mature MCs that have believable emotions and reactions
Both are from the fantasy genre portraying the historic medieval era, focused on a human and a demi-human traveling, dealing with buying and selling, economy, profit and relationship growth. There are also similarities between demi-humans experiencing suffering in relation to being lonely and the rejection of people in their world.
S&W main focus: travel dealing with business in a historical world more like reality
Shield Hero main focus: Isekai with rpg structure in historical world with kingdoms, rpg adventure, fighting monsters, raising levels, magic and etc.
- Both contain trade and travel in a medieval, large scale world
- Both contain kemono best girls, with ears and tail (Tate: Tanuki, Ookami: Wolf)
- Both contain interaction with common people, as compared to heros and nobility
- Both have a plot which is driven by both individual decisions and world-level external factors outside the influence of the protagonists
- Both contain a human-kemono love story