Punch Line, Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Recommendations
A group of people saving the world from something. Different events happening that coincide with one another. The main character is somehow linked to these events. Both have crazy type actions with super heroes. Although Concrete has a magical girl while Punch Line does not.
Weird and confusing beginning. Both show give you the same atmosphere. The confusion is explained after some episodes.
* Forgetable group of people saving the world from something...
* Both has a lot of timeskips...(it's annoying!!! ffs!!! )
* Both has non-generic MC's...( they're kinda coooooooool )
* Both of them contains first 4~5 episodes of totally random/wtf moments...( later on, mostly everything is explained)
* Action/comedy mix = weirdness....
What happens when a show gets much undeserved hate, even though it pulls no punches in presenting a unique, colorful story?
- well, it gets a pretty low rating (according to MAL standards), even though the story themselves subtlely subvert expectations of certain tropes
- non-linear storytelling that makes perfect sense once the show is complete
- colorful and interesting characters
- well animated and directed action
- masked superoes (some quite silly if not for the right setting that the shows portray) fight to save the world from disaster
- both produced by acclaimed studios (MAPPA and Bones, respectively)
- the "3 episode rule" cannot be applied to them
- contain some
The most obvious similarity would be that both shows have close visual identities, with saturated colors. However, what strikes me most is that they both come out with setups that would put off lots of people (punch line: massive fan service, concrete revolutio: magical girl + mecha), but focus on not-so-bad stories with techniques that make them really interesting (punch line: a few nice twists, concrete revolutio: lots of time skips) instead.