Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 29, 2023 8:20 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website for the Jigokuraku (Hell's Paradise) television anime announced four additional cast members on Monday. The anime is scheduled to premiere on TV Tokyo and affiliated stations in April 2023.

Amazon's Prime Video platform, Netflix, and Hikari TV will stream the anime in Japan. Crunchyroll will stream the anime in America, Europe, Africa, Australia, and New Zealand. Netflix will also stream the anime in Asia-Pacific countries, except for China, Australia, and New Zealand.

Cast
Shion Yamada Asaemon: Chikahiro Kobayashi (Golden Kamuy)
Tenza Yamada Asaemon: Yuusuke Kobayashi (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)
Nurugai: Makoto Koichi (100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru)
Senta Yamada Asaemon: Daiki Yamashita (Boku no Hero Academia)

Kaori Makita (Kakegurui Twin) is directing the anime at MAPPA. Akira Kindaichi (Dororo script) is handling the series composition and Akitsugu Hisaki (Banana Fish main animator) is designing the characters. Yoshiaki Dewa (Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi) is composing the music.

The anime adapts Yuuji Kaku's historical fantasy manga, which he began drawing in Shounen Jump+ in January 2018 and concluded it with 128 chapters in January 2021. Shueisha published the 13th and final volume in April of the same year.

VIZ Media simulpublished the manga in English on its Shounen Jump platform and released the 13th and final volume on March 15.

Cast PV

Source: Comic Natalie
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 29, 2023 2:38 PM
Dec 2017
i'll wait for it to finish before i do look at it

Jan 29, 2023 3:07 PM

Feb 2021
Crow_Black said:
Manga is not so good in general. I read 8 chapters and dropped it. Pretty dull as for me.
Jan 29, 2023 9:34 PM
Nov 2019
Memores said:
Crow_Black said:
Manga is not so good in general. I read 8 chapters and dropped it. Pretty dull as for me.
It gets better as it gets on. It's still setting things up in the first couple of volumes. I'd say things really take off around volume four. My only problem is the art in the manga wavers the longer it goes on and I had a few character issues with Gabimaru around volume 7.
Jan 29, 2023 11:37 PM

Dec 2022
Damn nice seiyuu lineup.

Also lol there are three kobayashis in this one anime, Kobayashi festival it is!!! :D
SanessyAdversaryFeb 8, 2023 11:07 PM

Jan 30, 2023 1:14 AM

Feb 2021
Jacob-Llewellyn said:
Memores said:
It gets better as it gets on. It's still setting things up in the first couple of volumes. I'd say things really take off around volume four. My only problem is the art in the manga wavers the longer it goes on and I had a few character issues with Gabimaru around volume 7.

Thanks. I will watch the series. Hope that it won't be as boring as the manga.
Jan 30, 2023 1:16 AM
Nov 2019
Memores said:
Jacob-Llewellyn said:

After the setting up the action picks up. You just need to get through the character and antag introductions. I mean, a bit of a slow start, but if you like the cast you can do it.
Jan 30, 2023 1:23 AM

Feb 2021
Jacob-Llewellyn said:
Memores said:

After the setting up the action picks up. You just need to get through the character and antag introductions. I mean, a bit of a slow start, but if you like the cast you can do it.

Some people here wrote in their reviews that they read the whole manga and it is very boring and dull.
Jan 30, 2023 1:27 AM
Nov 2019
Memores said:
Jacob-Llewellyn said:

Some people here wrote in their reviews that they read the whole manga and it is very boring and dull.
People can have opinions but I never thought it was dull. However it would be a lie to say it gets more boring the moment big fights begin happening. People still might find it dull, but it picks up at least a little
Jan 30, 2023 1:55 AM

Feb 2021
Jacob-Llewellyn said:
Memores said:

People can have opinions but I never thought it was dull. However it would be a lie to say it gets more boring the moment big fights begin happening. People still might find it dull, but it picks up at least a little

Ok, thanks for explaining!

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
6 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
4 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.