Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 8, 2021 8:52 AM
Jun 2021
Is Chrollo a better character in the manga? It's been awhile since I watched HxH being my 2nd Anime I've watched but I remember Chrollo being cool but really not having much screen time at all making him overrated and I see/know a lot of people who have him as their favorite character. I also felt this way with Zeke from Attack on Titan from what has been shown in the Anime, just wondering if it's just me or what? I also thought Mereum was the best antagonist in HxH.
Nov 8, 2021 9:11 AM
Oct 2016
Besides what happens after the end of the show in the manga, the anime covered pretty much everything. I agree that Mereum was the better antagonist, but I think Chrollo is one of the best written characters in hxh. You should watch some video essays about him because even with the little amount of screentime he had people have really analyzed him.
dirt
Nov 8, 2021 9:36 AM
Sep 2020
He doesn't get the enough screen time he deserved but that doesn't make him any less of a great antagonist or a well written character. I can agree that mereum is a amazing villan but everybody always says his name,in my opinion chrollo lucifer is an underrated character
Nov 8, 2021 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
Obviously he's not as well written as Meruem but I think he's a great character for the amount of time he had. I have him in my favorite characters because he completely changed my view of villans in the anime.
Nov 8, 2021 12:25 PM
Apr 2021
I agree he’s not better than Meruem and needed more screen time, but he’s still well written you gotta look deeper at his character to really get why he’s well written. This is a good video https://youtu.be/mlIkpf2fgYY
Nov 8, 2021 12:42 PM
Jun 2021
BettertastethenU said:
I agree he’s not better than Meruem and needed more screen time, but he’s still well written you gotta look deeper at his character to really get why he’s well written. This is a good video https://youtu.be/mlIkpf2fgYY
I'll make sure to check it out and rewatch some HxH
Nov 8, 2021 1:40 PM
Jul 2021
I think Chrollo as well as MANY MANY characters in HxH are highly entertaining and interesting but unfortunately are wasted potential because sadly we don’t get to see them as much as we would like too :( It’s quite sad!

I would of love to have seen more of Chrollo because I loved him from what I saw
Nov 8, 2021 7:25 PM
Sep 2021
I love Crollo and I think that being the leader of the spiders he should have much more screen time. He is also a really good antagonist of the show.
Nov 8, 2021 9:50 PM
Jul 2018
Soullyy said:
Is Chrollo a better character in the manga? It's been awhile since I watched HxH being my 2nd Anime I've watched but I remember Chrollo being cool but really not having much screen time at all making him overrated and I see/know a lot of people who have him as their favorite character. I also felt this way with Zeke from Attack on Titan from what has been shown in the Anime, just wondering if it's just me or what? I also thought Mereum was the best antagonist in HxH.
nah hes definetly not overrated . Infact he's my favorite character in hxh . He's just a calm villain who's trying to find meaning to his life. Didnt get much screen time which sucks . However i do feel like meruem was the best antagonist on the show . The ant arc was great because of meruem
Nov 8, 2021 9:53 PM
Jun 2021
purpleo1 said:
Soullyy said:
nah hes definetly not overrated . Infact he's my favorite character in hxh . He's just a calm villain who's trying to find meaning to his life. Didnt get much screen time which sucks . However i do feel like meruem was the best antagonist on the show . The ant arc was great because of meruem
Wasn't the phantom troop just thieves?
Nov 8, 2021 10:33 PM
Jul 2018
I am just waiting for either the Manga or Anime to return

It'll sure break the Internet
Nov 9, 2021 8:06 PM
Mar 2021
Soullyy said:

The thing is that Meruem's arc gets over 70 episodes and we see him develop through his entire life, from his conception to his death. Plus him being a demi-human gives Togashi a lot of scope to play with greater philosophies without having to adhere to the human rules. Chrollo is great on a different note, and his character is one of best written ones. Chrollo is human, and we only see a segment of his life, we only know as much about his past or future as Togashi chooses to share with us. It's a limited scope, and a human scope that's true for most characters in the series, save maybe the ants and Gon and Killua. I think Chrollo is a great antagonist, but an even better character, while I don't really like calling Meruem an antagonist.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HybridMBL - Jun 1, 2013

226 by LotteGiants »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 80 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HybridMBL - May 18, 2013

336 by LotteGiants »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Aug 4, 2012

113 by mehmet_urameshi »»
Jul 27, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 131 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

1044 by Ace1347 »»
Jul 26, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fishergirl16 - Oct 22, 2011

169 by brunoyilli »»
Jul 26, 6:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.