Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 18, 2021 9:43 AM
Jun 2016
yes the animation during most of a episode feels like a power point presentation.
but all the bad things about the anime are being told by people who have read the manga and expected the anime to be as they seem fit. after each episode I read the manga covered in that episode. guess what the anime adaptation has way more detailed artwork than the manga which is a huge upside for the anime. 2nd, the animation for the main battles is decent and I have to say, it is much more enjoyable than the battles in the manga. 3rd the soundtrack and the main characters VA did a very fine job which again makes it more enjoyable than to read the manga.

so yeah if you have read the manga than definitely you'll have some expectations and yeah the studio can't make everyone happy (fyi the studio is not Netflix its Graphinica which also made the hellsing ultimate series), and if you haven't read the manga you might feel bored for like 3 episodes but from episode 4 you'll understand why the manga is so popular. don't go with all the negative thoughts, comments, reviews about the series. just watch the 1st battle(1st 4 episodes) and decide it for yourself .
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 18, 2021 9:46 AM
Jan 2020
You're stating facts. I'm a manga reader but I feel the anime is really good too
Jun 18, 2021 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
I haven’t read the manga, but for me this is the worst anime I’ve watched all year. The story’s inexistent, so for this type of series to be good there needs to be top tier animation. And unfortunately the animation reminded me of Seven Deadly Sins and that disgusting CGI somehow made me think Berserk 2016 didn’t look so bad in comparison💀
Jun 18, 2021 9:53 AM
Trash

Jul 2015
It’s not as good but I’m finding it still watchable or enjoyable. I like to watch the anime to see my favorite panels animated. I’m hoping a season 2 will be announced so I can see Buddha, he is goated.
Jun 18, 2021 10:06 AM
Apr 2018
An action manga needs good animation to be a good adaptation. In manga, panelling (the ability to convey flow and consistency to movements, impacts, etc) is a skill few manga authors do extremely well. It’s so easy and rewarding to follow Guts sword swings in berserk (manga) and look at how much more can be conveyed in OPM S1 when compared to S2 when the animation suffered. The author of record of ragnarok is extremely good at panelling and without fluid animation (panelings’ animation counterpart) the fights seem stale, weightless, and slow. I loved the soundtrack, sound design, and voice acting in the anime but much of the dialogue was skipped and the fights were just clowny (when Zeus started hopping around in the anime like a buffoon it was the last straw for me). Also this is the first time where I read a fan sub which was better than the anime. In the manga Adam said “Does a father need a reason to protect his children?” And instead of this simple and very powerful line, the anime turned it into a 3 sentence hodgepodge with no emotional impact. Adam vs. Zeus was my favourite fight in the manga and it’s easily the worst in the anime. Also wth is going on with Aphrodite’s bust? The manga isn’t about fan service at all but ever other scene seems to pan to Aphrodite’s massive chest and it instantly takes away how immersed I feel in the fight. It’s not horrible but I wouldn’t say it’s even average.
Jun 18, 2021 10:09 AM
Jan 2020
Couldn't agree more, I literally binged watched this and it was awesome it's not bad ngl. Especially Adam's fight it was marvelous as always
Jun 18, 2021 10:16 AM
Sep 2019
As someone who read the manga, i'm not gonna lie: i expected WAY more. I'm enjoying some things from the adaptation sure, but others are just plainly bad. And that's not comparing it to what i actually expected, it's comparing to other very simple fighting animes. Most of the scenes are not fluid at all and they managed to suck out the emotion from many scenes. The Adam vs Zeus is the worst offender on this, as it has almost no emotion whatsoever compared to the manga. I won't lie, i cried on this fight on the manga. It was beautifully weaved into an amazing yet bittersweet climax. I felt NOTHING on the anime.

Disregarding that i DO HOPE they'll get to a season 2 and that they can improve the animation and the way they convey the scenes. It was a good watch, just a really let down from what it COULD'VE been.
Jun 18, 2021 10:28 AM
Jun 2016
unnamed9711 said:
You're stating facts. I'm a manga reader but I feel the anime is really good too
yeah those fights animated feels good.
Jun 18, 2021 10:30 AM
Jun 2016
Moonguile said:
As someone who read the manga, i'm not gonna lie: i expected WAY more. I'm enjoying some things from the adaptation sure, but others are just plainly bad. And that's not comparing it to what i actually expected, it's comparing to other very simple fighting animes. Most of the scenes are not fluid at all and they managed to suck out the emotion from many scenes. The Adam vs Zeus is the worst offender on this, as it has almost no emotion whatsoever compared to the manga. I won't lie, i cried on this fight on the manga. It was beautifully weaved into an amazing yet bittersweet climax. I felt NOTHING on the anime.

Disregarding that i DO HOPE they'll get to a season 2 and that they can improve the animation and the way they convey the scenes. It was a good watch, just a really let down from what it COULD'VE been.
I haven't read the manga. I'll read along with the anime. How's the Lord Shiva fight ? No spoilers please 😅
Jun 18, 2021 10:32 AM
Jun 2016
ClassyBlitzz said:
Couldn't agree more, I literally binged watched this and it was awesome it's not bad ngl. Especially Adam's fight it was marvelous as always
agreed. As a person who went for the anime with no expectations this anime is not that bad as most people says. I get that most of the animation sucks but still those fights animated are good. It's like people who are hatin on this anime also hated the eren vs war hammer Titan fight.
Jun 18, 2021 10:34 AM
Jun 2016
GreiLugaj said:
I haven’t read the manga, but for me this is the worst anime I’ve watched all year. The story’s inexistent, so for this type of series to be good there needs to be top tier animation. And unfortunately the animation reminded me of Seven Deadly Sins and that disgusting CGI somehow made me think Berserk 2016 didn’t look so bad in comparison💀
comparing this with sds animation is not acceptable. I mean come on. Sds animation sucks real hard but the studio worked on a tight schedule animating a season in a year. Generally a episode takes around 2 months to animate. Record of Ragnarok animation is way better than sds.
Jun 18, 2021 10:35 AM
Jun 2016
Seiidou said:
It’s not as good but I’m finding it still watchable or enjoyable. I like to watch the anime to see my favorite panels animated. I’m hoping a season 2 will be announced so I can see Buddha, he is goated.
I really want to see lord shiva in action 🙏🔥🔥
Jun 18, 2021 10:36 AM

Jul 2019
AMAN2410 said:
after each episode I read the manga covered in that episode. guess what the anime adaptation has way more detailed artwork than the manga.
I'm extremely confused by this point. I'm not sure how you can say the anime has more detailed artwork. Let me just pull up a couple of examples:

Subarashii
Jun 18, 2021 10:47 AM
Apr 2018
Moonguile said:

Couldn’t agree with you more. I had very low expectations after seeing the trailers anyways but compared to many other action series that came out the last several years it’s subpar. I do hope we get another season with better animation though.
Jun 18, 2021 10:52 AM
Apr 2018
Avicebrons said:
AMAN2410 said:
after each episode I read the manga covered in that episode. guess what the anime adaptation has way more detailed artwork than the manga.
I'm extremely confused by this point. I'm not sure how you can say the anime has more detailed artwork. Let me just pull up a couple of examples:

Thank you. The anime isn’t even close to the manga.
Jun 18, 2021 11:05 AM
Jun 2016
AlphaRomo said:
Avicebrons said:

well dont you think if those manga shots were ever animated, they will end up looking just like those shots in the anime? well yeah people like opm s2 art in manga but if you ask me i liked the animated opm s2 because of 1 simple fact. It was Animated. i didnt noticed these shots you just shared in the manga coz the panel was small and in the anime it was taking the whole frame, what i did noticed was some of the Thor panels of the manga which looked too good in the anime.
Jun 18, 2021 11:16 AM

Jul 2019
AMAN2410 said:
AlphaRomo said:

well dont you think if those manga shots were ever animated, they will end up looking just like those shots in the anime? well yeah people like opm s2 art in manga but if you ask me i liked the animated opm s2 because of 1 simple fact. It was Animated. i didnt noticed these shots you just shared in the manga coz the panel was small and in the anime it was taking the whole frame, what i did noticed was some of the Thor panels of the manga which looked too good in the anime.

But now you're just side-stepping the entire point...You said that the anime has more detailed artwork. No sorry, let me correct myself. You said that the anime has way more detailed artwork. When it clearly doesn't.
Subarashii
Jun 18, 2021 11:26 AM

Aug 2020
I have a law about whether an anime is good or bad.
If an anime has more good points than bad, it is good anime. and if it has more bad points, it is bad anime, that simple.
This anime has too many bad points, it has no chance of being a good anime, it is not even decent, and it deserves the hate it receives for how bad it is.
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Jun 18, 2021 11:31 AM
Jun 2016
Leoradiuju2004 said:
If an anime has more good points than bad, it is good anime. and if it has more bad points, it is bad anime, that simple.
This anime has too many bad points, it has no chance of being a good anime, it is not even decent, and it deserves the hate it receives for how bad it is.

bad - animation(only those scenes which dont even hold much worth in the manga)
good - fights, soundtrack, VA
as for the plot the anime is following 95% of the manga. they just skipped a couple of scenes from the 1st volume and thats that.
what other bad points are there i'll really like to know(no pun intended)
Jun 18, 2021 11:33 AM

Jul 2019
AMAN2410 said:
Leoradiuju2004 said:

as for the plot the anime is following 95% of the manga. they just skipped a couple of scenes from the 1st volume and thats that.

I can let you know other bad points. Because your first one is objectively false. The climax of the fight that was THE most anticipated fight of the entire season (possibly even entire manga) was a literal slideshow. Which just proves your first point completely wrong.

In the manga, this was one of the most impactful scenes.
Subarashii
Jun 18, 2021 11:41 AM
Jun 2016
Avicebrons said:
AMAN2410 said:

I can let you know other bad points. Because your first one is objectively false. The climax of the fight that was THE most anticipated fight of the entire season (possibly even entire manga) was a literal slideshow. Which just proves your first point completely wrong.

i dont disagree with you on this one. this scene was literally a slide show.
but in the manga it was just some black and white panels. if a saw those panels in color with a slideshow i wont be bothered.
Jun 18, 2021 11:44 AM

Jul 2019
AMAN2410 said:
Avicebrons said:

but in the manga it was just some black and white panels. if a saw those panels in color with a slideshow i wont be bothered.

But this is again you side-stepping the point with irrelevant statements.

If you don't disagree with me on the animation, then that directly contradict your statement about the animation only being bad in scenes that doesn't hold much worth.

Also, manga is inherently black and white, so mentioning that part is irrelevant. Since color or monochrome was never part of the discussion.
Subarashii
Jun 18, 2021 11:46 AM
Jul 2017
I read the manga and while the animation could be better it wasn’t garbage. Some moments looked good and some looked mid. The anime was pretty decent.
Jun 18, 2021 11:48 AM
Jun 2015
I agree. The scores way too low. Imo it's an 8. Trufully, the stories very simple and doesn't offer much, but the music, art, voice acting, atmosphere, and the brutality of the tournament shine.
Jun 18, 2021 11:55 AM
Jun 2016
Phlaryx said:
I read the manga and while the animation could be better it wasn’t garbage. Some moments looked good and some looked mid. The anime was pretty decent.
thats a gist to enjoy an anime. manga readers wont understand. not their fault though
Jun 18, 2021 11:57 AM
Jun 2016
shane_nichols said:
I agree. The scores way too low. Imo it's an 8. Trufully, the stories very simple and doesn't offer much, but the music, art, voice acting, atmosphere, and the brutality of the tournament shine.
right! i mean for this plot the manga is over rated according to me. you cant just love a manga just because the art is good. if his were the case aot manga would have been rated what 6 or 7.
Jun 18, 2021 11:59 AM
Jun 2016
Avicebrons said:
AMAN2410 said:

If you don't disagree with me on the animation, then that directly contradict your statement about the animation only being bad in scenes that doesn't hold much worth.

Also, manga is inherently black and white, so mentioning that part is irrelevant. Since color or monochrome was never part of the discussion.
i really dont think throwing random punches holds much worth for this anime. its not like you are watching opm or jojo
Jun 18, 2021 12:04 PM

Jul 2019
AMAN2410 said:
Avicebrons said:

i really dont think throwing random punches holds much worth for this anime. its not like you are watching opm or jojo

It was quite literally the climax of the fight though. And not just any fight, the most anticipated fight. If you're disregarding that as not holding worth, then you're disregarding the anime as a whole for not holding worth.
Subarashii
Jun 18, 2021 12:07 PM
Jun 2016
Avicebrons said:
AMAN2410 said:

It was quite literally the climax of the fight though. And not just any fight, the most anticipated fight. If you're disregarding that as not holding worth, then you're disregarding the anime as a whole for not holding worth.
dont you think throwing random punches for a climax of a fight is lame. i mean they are not even going like ora ora ora oraaa... i mean if you didn't like the colored slideshow (which tbh no one did) how did you read black n white static panel manga. the animation was not as bad as 7ds or berserk 2016.
Jun 18, 2021 12:10 PM

Apr 2013
AMAN2410 said:
Avicebrons said:

You having low standards doesnt mean the anime is good or enjoyable. The anime should elevate the manga, not make the content worse than its drawn counterpart. Its a battle seinen, whats the point of the adaptation if the animation is some of the worst released this year?
Jun 18, 2021 12:12 PM

Jul 2019
AMAN2410 said:
Avicebrons said:

dont you think throwing random punches for a climax of a fight is lame. i mean they are not even going like ora ora ora oraaa... i mean if you didn't like the colored slideshow (which tbh no one did) how did you read black n white static panel manga. the animation was not as bad as 7ds or berserk 2016.

This anime is quite literally about fighting. What in the world would you expect from a climax fight if not them fighting. It was very enjoyable in the manga because the manga actually properly conveyed motion and impact, which is something the anime utterly failed at.

So if you think the plot is overrated. And that the fights doesn't hold any worth. Then what does actually hold worth according to you in an anime that is about fighting?
Subarashii
Jun 18, 2021 12:16 PM

Dec 2014
How can anyone say there good fights it's like watching a gif fight on repeat or just a still image the anime had sub par animation. This could have been something great but they F it up it's a battle anime it needs good animation and it's not it's drawn fine enough but not animated well it's essentially fairy tail final it looks nice but there's barely any animation in the fights just pictures. If people think this is animated well you either need to see better animations or get your eyes checked.
Jun 18, 2021 12:16 PM
Jun 2016
Avicebrons said:
AMAN2410 said:

This anime is quite literally about fighting. What in the world would you expect from a climax fight if not them fighting. It was very enjoyable in the manga because the manga actually properly conveyed motion and impact, which is something the anime utterly failed at.

So if you think the plot is overrated. And that the fights doesn't hold any worth. Then what does actually hold worth according to you in an anime that is about fighting?
i dont think i've ever said the fight doesn't hold any worth. the adam vs zeus was really good. the climax of throwing punches was not. yes it could have been animated better, but what they did was not totally shit. it was decent
Jun 18, 2021 12:18 PM
Jun 2016
dragon97king said:
How can anyone say there good fights it's like watching a gif fight on repeat or just a still image the anime had sub par animation. This could have been something great but they F it up it's a battle anime it needs good animation and it's not it's drawn fine enough but not animated well it's essentially fairy tail final it looks nice but there's barely any animation in the fights just pictures. If people think this is animated well you either need to see better animations or get your eyes checked.
well you must've been one of those who hated mappa's cgi animation.
Jun 18, 2021 12:19 PM
Jun 2016
KneelBeforeMe said:
AMAN2410 said:
You having low standards doesnt mean the anime is good or enjoyable. The anime should elevate the manga, not make the content worse than its drawn counterpart. Its a battle seinen, whats the point of the adaptation if the animation is some of the worst released this year?
i dont keep my expectations high if thats what you mean. getting an anime adaptation which they starting working on during this pandemic, they really did a DECENT job. thats all i am saying.
Jun 18, 2021 12:19 PM

Dec 2014
AMAN2410 said:
dragon97king said:
well you must've been one of those who hated mappa's cgi animation.

you mean attack on titan no i liked ya there was cg but they where animated well
Jun 18, 2021 12:21 PM

Jul 2019
AMAN2410 said:
Avicebrons said:

i dont think i've ever said the fight doesn't hold any worth. the adam vs zeus was really good. the climax of throwing punches was not. yes it could have been animated better, but what they did was not totally shit. it was decent

So then it's just arbitrary what parts of the fight holds weight. Because apparently punching is boring. Despite this being the absolute finale of their fight with all the emotion boiled up, that means nothing to you.

Regardless of how you may personally feel about throwing punches being lame or whatever. It was a very emotional and impactful scene for the vast majority of readers. And thus it was a scene that held worth in the manga. And they butchered its animation.
Subarashii
Jun 18, 2021 12:28 PM

Dec 2014
AMAN2410 said:
KneelBeforeMe said:
i dont keep my expectations high if thats what you mean. getting an anime adaptation which they starting working on during this pandemic, they really did a DECENT job. thats all i am saying.

Not really there have been loads of great animated shows that came out in the pandemic hell look at mappa they did both jujutsu kaisen and attack on titan and both look pretty damn good and mappa did attack on titan on a short notice while doing jujutsu kaisen there's no excuse
Jun 18, 2021 12:29 PM
Aug 2019
Avicebrons said:
AMAN2410 said:

So then it's just arbitrary what parts of the fight holds weight. Because apparently punching is boring. Despite this being the absolute finale of their fight with all the emotion boiled up, that means nothing to you.

Regardless of how you may personally feel about throwing punches being lame or whatever. It was a very emotional and impactful scene for the vast majority of readers. And thus it was a scene that held worth in the manga. And they butchered its animation.
Honestly one of the best moments in the manga. A blind Adam and on his last legs do everything he can to beat down zeus in a knife edge death match.
Jun 18, 2021 12:30 PM

Dec 2014
Critically said:
Avicebrons said:

Honestly one of the best moments in the manga. A blind Adam and on his last legs do everything he can to beat down zeus in a knife edge death match.

Ya such a great moment
Jun 18, 2021 12:35 PM
Jun 2016
Avicebrons said:
AMAN2410 said:

so okay they screw up single important scene and the whole anime is considered shit!
Jun 18, 2021 12:37 PM
Apr 2020
Tbh I was also read the Manga, ngl I put too much expectations in the Adaptation and it seems that I over hype myself too much. Yes it's infact not good, but not terrible either, since the frames and design done perfectly, but not the action. I'd say the anime is Good but not good enough for the expectations of fans put up through the adaptation.
Jun 18, 2021 12:37 PM
Jan 2018
>Anime that has basically no story or substance besides over the top tournament style fights
>The fights in the anime suck
It got what was literally the only thing it needed to get right wrong. There's basically no story, substance or anything for it to fall back on so people are seeing how garbage it actually is behind the fights.
Jun 18, 2021 12:38 PM

Jul 2019
AMAN2410 said:
Avicebrons said:

so okay they screw up single important scene and the whole anime is considered shit!

No. That scene was just an example. Because of your previous statement where you said the animation is "only" bad in scenes that doesn't hold much worth in the manga. Which is just entirely false.

Overall it still has bad animation, it wasn't just exclusive to this fight. But this fight was probably the worst offender for the aforementioned reasons.
Subarashii
Jun 18, 2021 12:44 PM
Jun 2016
Animaniaig said:
>Anime that has basically no story or substance besides over the top tournament style fights
It got what was literally the only thing it needed to get right wrong. There's basically no story, substance or anything for it to fall back on so people are seeing how garbage it actually is behind the fights.
they adapted the story from the manga as it is. the lack of story or plot is not the fault of the anime.
Jun 18, 2021 12:45 PM

Dec 2014
Animaniaig said:

Animaniaig said:
well it's a battle manga we get to know though fights on what type of person they are and when there watching the fights as they learn and grow the best example of this is Jack vs hercules in the manga
Jun 18, 2021 12:47 PM
Jan 2018
AMAN2410 said:
Animaniaig said:
they adapted the story from the manga as it is. the lack of story or plot is not the fault of the anime.

I know it isn't but the point is that all they had to do was animate it well because that would be the only appeal it would ever have and they didn't so it's just bad looking garbage now.
Jun 18, 2021 12:48 PM
Jun 2016
not-anAnimeFan said:
Tbh I was also read the Manga, ngl I put too much expectations in the Adaptation and it seems that I over hype myself too much. Yes it's infact not good, but not terrible either, since the frames and design done perfectly, but not the action. I'd say the anime is Good but not good enough for the expectations of fans put up through the adaptation.
this is what i was saying that people who have read the manga was expecting way too much from a genre like this. people like me on the other hand who went in blindly, some of us like the anime as we were not expecting anything. you are saying the anime is bad because of the manga. and tbh it was not all that bad could have been great though.
Jun 18, 2021 12:52 PM
Jun 2016
just a recommendation. if anyone want to read a similar manga. read Feng Shen Ji. its really better than record of ragnarok manga. its a manhua(chinese series), also its fully colored and got a plot with gr8 artwork
Jun 18, 2021 12:57 PM

Aug 2020
Yes I agree Manga is way better than the Anime Adaption but the anime adaption ain't that bad tbh. Its decent.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aLotQuestion_ - Jun 17, 2021

92 by Celestial-Honami »»
Sep 12, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 8 Discussion

anime-prime - Jun 17, 2021

40 by HarshaAnimeFan15 »»
Jul 16, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 7 Discussion

31 by u_repository666 »»
Apr 13, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 6 Discussion

39 by u_repository666 »»
Apr 13, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 5 Discussion

33 by u_repository666 »»
Apr 13, 4:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.