Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 7, 2021 4:58 PM
Nov 2020
how is this thread still alive lmao
Apr 7, 2021 5:07 PM

Dec 2020
whimsmisan said:

Arguing with @ShanAsuna for 3 pages contributed a fair amount.
It was consistently at the top of the forum so it got more attention.
Apr 7, 2021 6:01 PM

Aug 2020
Tirihas said:
whimsmisan said:

sometimes I wonder if the Original Poster just gets tired but all the replies are like banging on his door

Apr 7, 2021 8:03 PM
Sep 2020
My takeaway from this thread is that everyone is an idiot. We have 2 people arguing back and forth about 2D female characters while one yells stuff like "Tumblr Feminist" and the other yells back some other garbage.

My 2 cents on the matter:

1. JJK has better female characters than most battle shounen. This is barely a compliment because most of them are shit to begin with. I think characters like Nobara and above average and that's it. Not even close to being great

2. There is a huge difference between a fanservice character and a good character that occasionally gets fanservice. A prime example of a shit character that gets fanservice would be Tamaki from Fire Force.

3. Obviously oversexualizing characters in the middle of a fight and stuff is stupid. There are plenty of battle shounen like Attack on Titan, FMAB, and Demon Slayer that have pretty much no fanservice. JJK is no pioneer in the matter and it's female characters are still mediocre.

4. Stretching this out to every genre, it really depends on the extent of the fanservice. I don't want to see boobs and ass bouncing around during a fight (unless it's like DxD lol). An occasional beach episode or fanservice moment once in a while doesn't demean the value of a female character or make them unrealistic. It only becomes a problem when this is consistent and the females only exist to be wank material rather than actual good characters.
Apr 7, 2021 8:40 PM

Dec 2014
I think this is fine, at least better than Attack on Titan ending.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 7, 2021 10:09 PM

Dec 2018
SakayanagiCOTE said:
My takeaway from this thread is that everyone is an idiot. We have 2 people arguing back and forth about 2D female characters while one yells stuff like "Tumblr Feminist" and the other yells back some other garbage.

1. JJK has better female characters than most battle shounen. This is barely a compliment because most of them are shit to begin with. I think characters like Nobara and above average and that's it. Not even close to being great

2. There is a huge difference between a fanservice character and a good character that occasionally gets fanservice. A prime example of a shit character that gets fanservice would be Tamaki from Fire Force.

3. Obviously oversexualizing characters in the middle of a fight and stuff is stupid. There are plenty of battle shounen like Attack on Titan, FMAB, and Demon Slayer that have pretty much no fanservice. JJK is no pioneer in the matter and it's female characters are still mediocre.

4. Stretching this out to every genre, it really depends on the extent of the fanservice. I don't want to see boobs and ass bouncing around during a fight (unless it's like DxD lol). An occasional beach episode or fanservice moment once in a while doesn't demean the value of a female character or make them unrealistic. It only becomes a problem when this is consistent and the females only exist to be wank material rather than actual good characters.

I like how you basically said most of the things I said and you proceeded to call what I said "some garbage".

I mean I agree with your analysis, but if you want to call what I said garbage I'd appreciate some explanation.

If you're just referring to the vitriol I hurl in response to a provocation.. Well, I guess I can only congratulate you on attaining sainthood, by never retaliating against insults hurled your way.
Apr 7, 2021 10:11 PM

Dec 2018
KuroGFX said:
Tirihas said:

sometimes I wonder if the Original Poster just gets tired but all the replies are like banging on his door

Sorry guys, it's like an OCD for me when it comes to fighting toxicity with even greater toxicity.
Apr 7, 2021 10:17 PM

Aug 2020
ShanAsuna said:
KuroGFX said:

Sorry guys, it's like an OCD for me when it comes to fighting toxicity with even greater toxicity.

Im just here cause I can't stop typing lol
Apr 7, 2021 10:21 PM

Dec 2018
KuroGFX said:
ShanAsuna said:

*shrugs* The whole thread looks like a bait for me anyways, because I started the original thread talking about how I'm happy with JJK for not oversexualising female characters.

That thread got swamped by fan-service defenders at one point and I ramped up my toxicity to 11 to go full on "an eye for an eye". They then started a couple of alternative threads to shit on my opinion in the original thread (not unlike this one), and somehow I've been unable to stop myself from going full toxic on all these fap-waifu defenders.
ShanAsunaApr 7, 2021 10:25 PM
Apr 7, 2021 10:27 PM

Aug 2020
ShanAsuna said:
KuroGFX said:

*shrugs* The whole thread looks like a bait for me anyways, because I started the original thread talking about how I'm happy with JJK for not oversexualising female characters.

That thread got swamped by fan-service defenders at one point and I ramped up my toxicity to 11 to go full on "an eye for an eye". They then started a couple of alternative threads to shit on my opinion on the original thread (not unlike this one), and somehow I've been unable to stop myself from going full toxic on all these fap-waifu defenders.

you have your hands full I see I personally think that Fanservice doesn't matter to character writing that much look at Revy from Black Lagoon but I understand the refreshment of non-sexualized characters at all I just like the fact that the body porportions are really realistic not really something you see in most shonen jump its really niiiicee

I like One Piece girls but the proportions are insane and literally the same most of the time

even though all the female characters are really hot

....like Maki

Apr 7, 2021 10:33 PM

Dec 2018
KuroGFX said:
ShanAsuna said:

That thread got swamped by fan-service defenders at one point and I ramped up my toxicity to 11 to go full on "an eye for an eye". They then started a couple of alternative threads to shit on my opinion on the original thread (not unlike this one), and somehow I've been unable to stop myself from going full toxic on all these fap-waifu defenders.

you have your hands full I see I personally think that Fanservice doesn't matter to character writing that much look at Revy from Black Lagoon but I understand the refreshment of non-sexualized characters at all I just like the fact that the body porportions are really realistic not really something you see in most shonen jump its really niiiicee

I like One Piece girls but the proportions are insane and literally the same most of the time

....like Maki

I mean a lot of the times they overdo the fanservice and which kinda "ruins" or at least "take away" from the character.

Like Kallen in Code Geass, I don't understand why they make her so bad-ass, cool backstory and personality and then make us watch her pilot her mecha from her ass. Like the scene before a big fight, we're staring at Kallen's ass, usually when she's saying something serious or motivational and I'm just like... WHYYYY
Apr 7, 2021 10:49 PM

Aug 2020
ShanAsuna said:
KuroGFX said:

....like Maki

I mean a lot of the times they overdo the fanservice and which kinda "ruins" or at least "take away" from the character.

Like Kallen in Code Geass, I don't understand why they make her so bad-ass, cool backstory and personality and then make us watch her pilot her mecha from her ass. Like the scene before a big fight, we're staring at Kallen's ass, usually when she's saying something serious or motivational and I'm just like... WHYYYY

honestly I feel like fanservice comes off to me as more comedic especially when it comes to watching with friends I bust a gut laughing but honestly if I watch that shit alone I'm not going all

"OMG OMG LOOK AT DAT ASS" I'm thinking

"ahh shit did I forget to turn the oven off has it been over 15 minutes fuck fuck fuck"

but yeah just going over military strategy while looking at her ass is not appealing if I was watching star wars and while they were explaining how to destroy the death star and all of a sudden they zoom in leia's tits I would be pretty fucking confused
Apr 7, 2021 11:03 PM

Dec 2018
KuroGFX said:
ShanAsuna said:

honestly I feel like fanservice comes off to me as more comedic especially when it comes to watching with friends I bust a gut laughing but honestly if I watch that shit alone I'm not going all

"ahh shit did I forget to turn the oven off has it been over 15 minutes fuck fuck fuck"

but yeah just going over military strategy while looking at her ass is not appealing if I was watching star wars and while they were explaining how to destroy the death star and all of a sudden they zoom in leia's tits I would be pretty fucking confused

EXACTLY... Imagine when Scarlett Johansson was explaining strategy in Avengers and they just zoom into her tits as she talked...lk what the hell???
Apr 8, 2021 12:07 AM

Aug 2020
ShanAsuna said:
KuroGFX said:

EXACTLY... Imagine when Scarlett Johansson was explaining strategy in Avengers and they just zoom into her tits as she talked...lk what the hell???

I snorted chocolate protein milk out my nose while I was reading lmao even some cereal came out my nose ha
Apr 8, 2021 3:25 AM
Nov 2020
yo why the fuck is shanasuna still here , seriously bitch get a life
Apr 8, 2021 3:30 AM
Nov 2020
KuroGFX said:
ShanAsuna said:

....like Maki

yh lol
fanservice really doesn’t affect how i see a character tbh, if we see tits when they’re talking about something important that’s just shitty directing not writing. jjk characters are well written but they ain’t that special only difference is non sexualisation which is fine but ppl got this notion of hating on sexualised female characters and not realising they too can be well written
Apr 8, 2021 3:41 AM
Nov 2020
SakayanagiCOTE said:

wow this is absolutely correct, however the fact that you think most shonen female characters are shit is only according to you , other ppl might think otherwise. jjk females are alright but nothing special. Also i agree with no fanservice in the middle of a serious scene, but that’s just bad directing and a lack of reading/media knowledge. A shit director ruins a show or manga by not putting the right kinda attention in the right place it’s no that they can’t write the character well , they’re just giving us the wrong focus . those are two different things. other than that i agree with ya. also yh she seemed like someone from tumblr but i ain’t wasting any time on them anymore . idgaf
whimsmisanApr 8, 2021 3:51 AM
Apr 8, 2021 4:20 AM
Jul 2018
From the title, I thought you were going to talk about the male characters of this anime
Apr 8, 2021 5:01 AM
Sep 2020
ShanAsuna said:
SakayanagiCOTE said:

I like how you basically said most of the things I said and you proceeded to call what I said "some garbage".

I mean I agree with your analysis, but if you want to call what I said garbage I'd appreciate some explanation.

If you're just referring to the vitriol I hurl in response to a provocation.. Well, I guess I can only congratulate you on attaining sainthood, by never retaliating against insults hurled your way.

Sorry lol. This whole thread was just a bit of a mess to read
Apr 8, 2021 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
ConceitedModesty said:
username1218 said:
Huh, so you mean they are badly written even though they aren't sexualised? Haha, yea, what did you expect. Ofc they are badly written. JJK's characters are shit and all of them are badly written but some people love them so its not a problem if they claim that they are well written. They can believe whatever they want tbh. Actually I didn't rly see ppl saying that but OK. Hope you dont have a problem.

Off topic but nothing can beat bad writing in BGS and MHA.
do you even enjoy anime dude? It's just sad to see...

ya i enjoy anime but i just have trash taste so
Apr 8, 2021 8:03 AM

Dec 2018
ConceitedModesty said:
username1218 said:
Huh, so you mean they are badly written even though they aren't sexualised? Haha, yea, what did you expect. Ofc they are badly written. JJK's characters are shit and all of them are badly written but some people love them so its not a problem if they claim that they are well written. They can believe whatever they want tbh. Actually I didn't rly see ppl saying that but OK. Hope you dont have a problem.

He's just an attention-seeking weirdo... just look at his list of "1s" and "2s".
Apr 8, 2021 8:49 AM

Jun 2020
username1218 said:

What anime is BGS ?
Apr 8, 2021 9:08 AM
Jul 2018
ShanAsuna said:
ConceitedModesty said:

He's just an attention-seeking weirdo... just look at his list of "1s" and "2s".

ah yes, the famous jjk fanboy. ur gonna hate me now aren't ya? u should give jjk a 10 already. ik u have made 30 threads praising its every aspect and saying why its different from other shonens. nobody will call u a fanboy unless u trash ppl's taste for liking it but u r already recognized as one after all of ur activities. also i haven't added many of other animes in my list that i like and plan to give an 8 or 9 so u should stop calling me an attention seeking weirdo.
removed-userApr 8, 2021 9:30 AM
Apr 8, 2021 9:47 AM

Dec 2018
username1218 said:
ShanAsuna said:

ah yes, the famous jjk fanboy. ur gonna hate me now aren't ya? u should give jjk a 10 already. ik u have made 30 threads praising its every aspect and saying why its different from other shonens. nobody will call u a fanboy unless u trash ppl's taste for liking it but u r already recognized as one after all of ur activities. also i haven't added many of other animes in my list that i like and plan to give an 8 or 9 so u should stop calling me an attention seeking weirdo.

1. Can't be a fanboy if I'm not a boy.
2. Please share those "30" threads you speak of... I'm pretty sure I made like one or two at most. But please, you're welcome to prove me wrong by showing proof, instead of talking out of your ass.
3. " nobody will call u a fanboy unless u trash ppl's taste for liking it " => what even? If I'm a "fanboy", why would I trash fellow fans for liking it? Logic please?
4. Oh really? You have other entries you didn't enter? I'm sure that'll balance out eventually . . . given that you have 272 entries with a mean score of 2.91, with almost 70% of your listed anime rated 3 and below. You just need another 200 more animes rated 8 and above to balance it out.

Now let's look at your list:

(i) You rated Death Note, Rurouni Kenshin, every Hayao Miyazaki movie, LGOH, Code Geass, Angel Beats, Toradora, Hotarubi no Mori e, Gintama, Tokyo Ghoul, Steins; Gate, Kimi no Na Wa, Yuri on Ice, KnY, Mushoku Tensei ... (just to name a few)... with ONES.

(ii) Then you rated Wonder Egg Priority, Fate/Stay Night UBW, Jujutsu Kaisen, Noragami, Mob Psycho with TWOS.

(iii) You also rated Sennen Jouyou, Ping Pong, Shinsekai Yori, Psycho-Pass with THREES.

(iv) Then, you rated Fate/Kaleid Prisma Ilya a 10.

Honestly, I don't even have to make fun of you any further. You are already a joke.
ShanAsunaApr 8, 2021 9:57 AM
Apr 8, 2021 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
ShanAsuna said:
username1218 said:

(i) You rated Death Note, Rurouni Kenshin, every Hayao Miyazaki movie, LGOH, Code Geass, Angel Beats, Toradora, Hotarubi no Mori e, Gintama, Tokyo Ghoul, Steins; Gate, Kimi no Na Wa, Yuri on Ice, KnY, Mushoku Tensei ... (just to name a few)... with ONES.

(ii) Then you rated Wonder Egg Priority, Fate/Stay Night UBW, Jujutsu Kaisen, Noragami, Mob Psycho with TWOS.

(iii) You also rated Sennen Jouyou, Ping Pong, Shinsekai Yori, Psycho-Pass with THREES.

Honestly, I don't even have to make fun of you any further. You are already a joke.

ah yes, why are we talking about my ratings again?
Apr 8, 2021 10:46 AM

Dec 2018
username1218 said:
ShanAsuna said:

Because they show that you're an attention-seeking weirdo... who apparently, also has the memory span of a goldfish and an inability to scroll upwards
Apr 8, 2021 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
ShanAsuna said:
username1218 said:

Because they show that you're an attention-seeking weirdo... who apparently, also has the memory span of a goldfish and an inability to scroll upwards

ah yes thanks for reminding me. btw i rated mob psycho s2 with a 6 if i remember correctly bc it was waaay better than the s1. Kimi no na wa's only good thing was animation, literally every shinkai's films have only one plus and thats the animation, other than that it was filled with plot holes and boring characters. ghibli films are shit, i dont know why i keep watching them tbh. mushoko tensei is a rly, rly bad isekai with only good animation, terrible characters, average world building and power system and most imprtatntly enjoyment gets a 1. death note was shit, first 25 eps were passable but totally fucked up later. yuri on ice- yea i dont think i have to even talk about it. wait i rated steins gate with a 1? i remember giving it a 7? i rated steins gate 0 with a 1 i believe. tokyo ghoul- terrible plot and characters, fire op tho. kny had good animation but was so bad in every other criteria. code gayass? ok i am not gonna talk about that. lelouch is shit.

i liked wonder egg in the start and was a solid 6/10 for me but the ending wasn't conclusive and still waiting for that special in (i forgot which month its coming out). ubw truly bad and if u have watched it, u know how bad it was. only good thing was cute tsunedere rin i simp for and archer was pretty hawt. noragami, banger ops but everything else shit.

ping pong had bad animation and i am not a big fan of yuuasa's works. shinsekai yori was a joke. psycho pass tried too hard to be cool but it failed miserably.

lesbian lolis kissing fate spinoff was amazing and fulfilled every criteria for me. yes i am a fucking degenerate kid who simps over every character but u have no right to insult my taste and my identity and call me a joke so <3

also if i am an attention seeking weirdo for that, i am sure half of this site is filled with those like me and i am no different.
Apr 8, 2021 11:00 AM

Dec 2018
username1218 said:
ShanAsuna said:

ah yes thanks for reminding me. btw i rated mob psycho s2 with a 6 if i remember correctly bc it was waaay better than the s1. Kimi no na wa's only good thing was animation, literally every shinkai's films have only one plus and thats the animation, other than that it was filled with plot holes and boring characters. ghibli films are shit, i dont know why i keep watching them tbh. mushoko tensei is a rly, rly bad isekai with only good animation, terrible characters, average world building and power system and most imprtatntly enjoyment gets a 1. death note was shit, first 25 eps were passable but totally fucked up later. yuri on ice- yea i dont think i have to even talk about it. wait i rated steins gate with a 1? i remember giving it a 7? i rated steins gate 0 with a 1 i believe. tokyo ghoul- terrible plot and characters, fire op tho. kny had good animation but was so bad in every other criteria. code gayass? ok i am not gonna talk about that. lelouch is shit.

i liked wonder egg in the start and was a solid 6/10 for me but the ending wasn't conclusive and still waiting for that special in (i forgot which month its coming out). ubw truly bad and if u have watched it, u know how bad it was. only good thing was cute tsunedere rin i simp for and archer was pretty hawt. noragami, banger ops but everything else shit.

ping pong had bad animation and i am not a big fan of yuuasa's works. shinsekai yori was a joke. psycho pass tried too hard to be cool but it failed miserably.

lesbian lolis kissing fate spinoff was amazing and fulfilled every criteria for me. yes i am a fucking degenerate kid who simps over every character but u have no right to insult my taste and my identity and call me a joke so <3

I guess you're taking the "I'm a joke, my taste is shit and I am proud of it" route... well, knock yourself out.
Apr 8, 2021 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
ShanAsuna said:
username1218 said:

I guess you're taking the "I'm a joke, my taste is shit and I am proud of it" route... well, knock yourself out.

ya sure thanks baii, have a nice day
Apr 8, 2021 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
ConceitedModesty said:
username1218 said:

No, it's not about being a fanboy of anime or anything but it's just sad to see you devote so much of your time watching anime but not really enjoying it, giving 1s and 2s. You may as well spend time doing something more productive if all you do if find time to not like something you spend so much time watching.

i ought to spend time watching stuff that i like? ur right but i dont rly need life advices, ill do whatever i like tho its just the anime u like so ofc ur telling me that. i redid my scores and i hope you ppl are happy of it now. please stop quoting me, its getting annoying and i dont want to leave anyone with no response either.
Apr 8, 2021 4:20 PM
Jul 2014
whimsmisan said:
I see this a lot and i’m finally gonna talk about it. In jjk we all know the female characters aren’t sexualised , like hardly ever do we see any ecchi scenes of the female cast. However people keep saying “Oh My gOsH tHe fEmAlE cHarActErS aRenT sExuAlIsed TheyRe so well WrItTen” there are plenty of sexualised well written female characters and vice versa. sakura from naruto isn’t sexualised all that much at all (except for maybe filler or movies idk) and she’s absolute garbage . It’s so cringe when people say that they’re well written JUST because they’re not sexualised

What you said is true. Characters can be good sexualized or non sexualized. I’m not sure why you’re so angry about it though? Why does it bother you to hear that people think they’re well-written. That’s their opinion.

I haven’t watched JJK yet, but I imagine it’s probably refreshing for people to see female characters just be normal alongside male characters without being used for overwhelming fan service, having melon titties, and waifu/child-like/helpless type personalities.

Even though sexualized female characters can also be well written (like I heard good things about fairy tail. Haven’t watched it either) it can overshadow a lot of the time when it’s excessive. Characters and a show can be good without it, so I don’t really see what it adds other than to appeal to horny mfs. lol.
Apr 8, 2021 4:21 PM
Jul 2014
whimsmisan said:
nakkki said:

No. This is not why we say they're well-written. Jjk females are well written to people because motivations aren't about a cute boy and there are no filmsy goals or natures that make them step back or become useless totally when shit happens. They feel like people.. Not girls.. People
yeah idk man there’s plenty of other shows with female characters just like that. I really don’t see what the big deal is. i think people have noticed that the only difference between female in jjk is the lack of sexualisation and think that it’s revolutionary when there are plenty of other shows with sexualised AND non sexualised female characters

like what shows lol
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

639 by PRIME_OptiK »»
May 4, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.