Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 3, 2021 1:36 AM
Jul 2018
G-Pele23 said:
ShinAsuka99 said:
Recently, I've seen an unnatural increase in the number of enthusiasts in Rem's character. When Episode 14 came out the increase was very fast from 43,000 to 50,000, how would people know and vote for Rem, if Rem was not there?

Bernkastle said:
Kurisu is on top again, looks like a bot war similar to FMA Brotherhood vs Attack on Titan.

aTrueKingofEldia said:

it's bots don't worry. there was a big gap between them not many weeks ago but suddenly she rose very fast for no reason. Now both Kurisu and Rem are botted to hell until one of them gets to be the winner. Same with L vs Luffy at the moment

This.
Rem gained Eighteen thousand fan favorites last few weeks despite being completely absent in the story.
Can someone explaine what triggered this situation? Was it some crazy youtuber?

S2P2 is nearing its end and more people are getting into Re:Zero. Just look at YouTube and observe the increase of S1 reactions. It makes sense.

Literally anyone would be able to tell, but people are busy being butthurt. :/
Again, why would people's popular opinion affect what you want to like? Just move on.
Mar 3, 2021 7:44 AM

Feb 2013
aboood40091 said:
G-Pele23 said:

This.
Rem gained Eighteen thousand fan favorites last few weeks despite being completely absent in the story.
Can someone explaine what triggered this situation? Was it some crazy youtuber?

S2P2 is nearing its end and more people are getting into Re:Zero. Just look at YouTube and observe the increase of S1 reactions. It makes sense.

Again, why would people's popular opinion affect what you want to like? Just move on.

It doesn't explain why Kurisu and Rem are overtaking each other continuously. This is not an organic fluctuation, it's similar to how FMA Brotherhood and Attack on Titan are battling for the top stop.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Mar 3, 2021 8:02 AM

Nov 2017
Bernkastle said:
aboood40091 said:

It doesn't explain why Kurisu and Rem are overtaking each other continuously. This is not an organic fluctuation, it's similar to how FMA Brotherhood and Attack on Titan are battling for the top stop.

it is obviously a bots war, like Luffy vs L , rem gained about 14000 votes on one month and this is impossible In the normal situation. anyway I feel bad for the people who waste their time for making bots account, because who cares if your character gets lots of votes??!
Mar 3, 2021 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
Bernkastle said:
aboood40091 said:

What is an "organic fluctuation" even?
Mar 3, 2021 8:06 AM

Sep 2020
Dark-Swordsman91 said:
Bernkastle said:

it is obviously a bots war, like Luffy vs L , rem gained about 14000 votes on one month and this is impossible In the normal situation. anyway I feel bad for the people who waste their time for making bots account, because who cares if your character gets lots of votes??!

Rem is getting popularity only because many people are catching up with this series, on the other hand it's the Emilia fan who does not want to see rem in the top spot so they are putting kurisu in their favourite list and make bots account to increase the favourite count of kurisu alongside Emilia
ZXEANMar 3, 2021 8:19 AM
Mar 3, 2021 8:10 AM

Feb 2013
aboood40091 said:
Bernkastle said:

The changes between Rem and Kurisu's positions aren't organic. Steins;Gate ended over two years ago. Kurisu recently gained thousands of votes as soon as Rem caught up to her and since then they have been trading places consistently, a clear sign of bot wars.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Mar 3, 2021 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
Bernkastle said:
aboood40091 said:

The changes between Rem and Kurisu's positions aren't organic. Steins;Gate ended over two years ago. Kurisu recently gained thousands of votes as soon as Rem caught up to her and since then they have been trading places consistently, a clear sign of bot wars.

The increase in Rem favorites may not be natural, sure, but it is not unexplainable either (as I explained it before). You could argue in Kurisu's case that it's bots, maybe. Since Rem is on the increase, the bots trying to ensure Kurisu stays on top would explain the ranks switching. Just my theory though. Could end up being bot wars between the two for real, but for now, I don't think Rem's situation is impossible.
removed-userMar 3, 2021 8:28 AM
Mar 3, 2021 9:53 AM
Feb 2021
echidna = top tier waifu

Mar 3, 2021 11:15 AM
Aug 2019
Why is this thread still active???

Yall need to shut up and accept that REM IS THE MOST WELL DEVELOPED, COMPLEX, AND INTERESTING CHARACTOR IN THE HISTORY OF CHARACTORS >:)
Mar 3, 2021 6:49 PM

Sep 2020
Joemama_qt said:
Why is this thread still active???

Yall need to shut up and accept that REM IS THE MOST WELL DEVELOPED, COMPLEX, AND INTERESTING CHARACTOR IN THE HISTORY OF CHARACTORS >:)
I am a rem fan but still I feel that your statement need some corrections...
Mar 4, 2021 1:32 AM

Nov 2013
I really don't understand Rem's popularity, especially considering how she basically died in a very early stage of the story, just in order not to get in Emilia's way as the heroine.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Mar 4, 2021 2:01 AM

Sep 2020
Mummykun said:
I really don't understand Rem's popularity, especially considering how she basically died in a very early stage of the story, just in order not to get in Emilia's way as the heroine.
The main female lead in season 1 was basically rem and she got a lot of spotlight and all the important event revolve around her I recently Bing season 1 before getting into this season , so my memory is fresh and comparing both the season I still feel rem had got a lot of character development then Emilia,

Emilia's screen time in season 1 was less then the minor characters same goes to season 2 part 1 in season 2 part 2 it look like she is getting her moment , especially the latest episode was a great Emilia episode, the flash back episode which we had was more like Guese and Fortuna's episode Emilia act more like a narrator
Mar 4, 2021 2:47 AM
Aug 2018
Amalik0029 said:
I still feel rem had got a lot of character development then Emilia,

ehh , How ? I don't think Rem has gotten any major character development if any at all since Ep11 of Season 1.
Mar 4, 2021 2:59 AM

Sep 2020
Pulkit200 said:
Amalik0029 said:

ehh , How ? I don't think Rem has gotten any major character development if any at all since Ep11 of Season 1.
I can't repeat my thoughts on this once again if you think about rem that way it's fine by me, I am not going to waste my time arguing on this
Mar 4, 2021 3:32 AM
Aug 2018
Amalik0029 said:
Pulkit200 said:

I can't repeat my thoughts on this once again if you think about rem that way it's fine by me, I am not going to waste my time arguing on this

I don't want to argue either I'm just asking you to elaborate on your statement and I don't participate in Waifu Wars so don't worry if that's what you are worried about. I also don't like getting toxic , if I feel a discussions is becoming toxic I generally end the discussion from my side.
Mar 4, 2021 4:07 AM

Sep 2020
Pulkit200 said:
Amalik0029 said:

I don't want to argue either I'm just asking you to elaborate on your statement and I don't participate in Waifu Wars so don't worry if that's what you are worried about. I also don't like getting toxic , if I feel a discussions is becoming toxic I generally end the discussion from my side.
nowadays I think twice before starting an argument with an Emilia fan, Emilia fan express their love towards waifu or whatever by only shit talking about rem and I don't like that
Mar 4, 2021 4:20 AM

Nov 2013
Amalik0029 said:
Mummykun said:
The main female lead in season 1 was basically rem and she got a lot of spotlight and all the important event revolve around her I recently Bing season 1 before getting into this season , so my memory is fresh and comparing both the season I still feel rem had got a lot of character development then Emilia,

Emilia's screen time in season 1 was less then the minor characters same goes to season 2 part 1 in season 2 part 2 it look like she is getting her moment , especially the latest episode was a great Emilia episode, the flash back episode which we had was more like Guese and Fortuna's episode Emilia act more like a narrator

Rem got a lot of character development? You're referring to the part in which she accepts becoming Subaru's second woman?
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Mar 4, 2021 4:23 AM
Aug 2018
Amalik0029 said:
Pulkit200 said:

nowadays I think twice before starting an argument with an Emilia fan, Emilia fan express their love towards waifu or whatever by only shit talking about rem and I don't like that

Well , I'm not like that , I don't usually go into waifu wars since they are almost 90% waste of time. I'm always open to change if someone provides me a valid argument , I change my mind , the only reason I commented here because I kinda disagree with you saying Rem has more development, I personally feel like she is one of the underdeveloped character from main crew. Anyways this discussion has nothing to do with Emilia, I didn't even mentioned her in my previous comments you were the one who brought her into this discussion. I'm strictly talking about Rem's development and what was her development after ep11.
Mar 4, 2021 4:30 AM

Apr 2008
Pulkit200 said:
Amalik0029 said:

I mean, what do you mean by "character development"?

If you think it means that "the character undergoes major changes in its personality" then you're probably right: Rem doesn't change a lot in the second half of S1 (but she does a little, especially after "From Zero" and especially in the LN).

BUT it's out of doubt that we're showed her point of view. We learned many things about her, her thoughts about Subaru and how he managed to change her way to take life.

So maybe we can word this in another way: we didn't get a huge "development", but we got a huge "focus" on her, which is only second to Subaru in terms of screentime.

She can (and will) still be developed, and that's probably gonna happen now that she woke up in the WN.
RomoresMar 4, 2021 4:37 AM
Mar 4, 2021 5:13 AM

Sep 2020
Pulkit200 said:
Amalik0029 said:

Well , I'm not like that , I don't usually go into waifu wars since they are almost 90% waste of time. I'm always open to change if someone provides me a valid argument , I change my mind , the only reason I commented here because I kinda disagree with you saying Rem has more development, I personally feel like she is one of the underdeveloped character from main crew. Anyways this discussion has nothing to do with Emilia, I didn't even mentioned her in my previous comments you were the one who brought her into this discussion. I'm strictly talking about Rem's development and what was her development after ep11.
I don't know why every Emilia fan want to ignore ep 18 , whatever, I thing Rem , zero two , and Mikasa are 3 most unlucky female character they have done so much through out there respectable series yet they have contributed more haters then fans, it seem that the male character can be a simp and no one have problem with that but when the female character is simping for a particular someone there they break the golden rule

And it's funny how you keep on mentioning you are not a toxic fan but I see no difference between you and so called toxic Emilia fan ,
ZXEANMar 4, 2021 5:28 AM
Mar 4, 2021 6:04 AM

Apr 2008
Amalik0029 said:
I don't know why every Emilia fan want to ignore ep 18 , whatever, I thing Rem , zero two , and Mikasa are 3 most unlucky female character they have done so much through out there respectable series yet they have contributed more haters then fans, it seem that the male character can be a simp and no one have problem with that but when the female character is simping for a particular someone there they break the golden rule

And it's funny how you keep on mentioning you are not a toxic fan but I see no difference between you and so called toxic Emilia fan ,

I think it's because some of them have a very strong misconception of Rem, saying how her attachment to Subaru is supposedly "toxic" or "unhealthy", when it's simply how a person with no experience in love usually behaves (and even this starts to change after "From Zero", where she starts to have a more mature opinion of Subaru, instead of just seeing him as an unfailing genius). All the more so knowing that Rem is still hugely undervaluing herself, despite giving a little more value to her desires ("stay by Subaru's side despite everything"), which is actually huge for someone who has been seeing herself as totally worthless for basically all her life.

We could say the same thing about Subaru towards Emilia, until "A Reason to Believe" (that technically is the "From Zero" for Emilia).

And we could even mention Ram's obsession with Roswaal (that for some reason has been widely accepted despite being a much worse situation, given that it's not even an equal relationship, at least until the latest episodes of S2).

Yet, it's always only Rem the one who's being shunned, just because the story gave her a lot more focus during Arc 2 and 3.
RomoresMar 4, 2021 6:33 AM
Mar 4, 2021 6:41 AM
Aug 2018
Romores said:
Pulkit200 said:

I mean, what do you mean by "character development"?

If you think it means that "the character undergoes major changes in its personality" then you're probably right: Rem doesn't change a lot in the second half of S1 (but she does a little, especially after "From Zero" and especially in the LN).

BUT it's out of doubt that we're showed her point of view. We learned many things about her, her thoughts about Subaru and how he managed to change her way to take life.

So maybe we can word this in another way: we didn't get a huge "development", but we got a huge "focus" on her, which is only second to Subaru in terms of screentime.

She can (and will) still be developed, and that's probably gonna happen now that she woke up in the WN.

By character development i mean she grows as a person and growth of her personality, her finding new goals besides loving Subaru which doesn't really happen much after ep11 except little bit in in ep18 like you pointed out , plus ep18 is the reason i used "MAJOR development" instead of just development in my first comment.
Mar 4, 2021 6:48 AM

Apr 2008
Pulkit200 said:
By character development i mean she grows as a person and growth of her personality, her finding new goals besides loving Subaru which doesn't really happen much after ep11 except little bit in in ep18 like you pointed out , plus ep18 is the reason i used "MAJOR development" instead of just development in my first comment.

Okay, now it's clearer.

But, why exactly is it a problem if her goal is loving Subaru? Does that make her a bad person somehow?

There are lots of people in the world who feel accomplished in love and being loved by other people, and I don't think there's nothing wrong with that.

Also, being her character basically on hold, she's can basically be anything the author wants her to be. Starting with her love for Subaru takes nothing away from her.
Mar 4, 2021 6:51 AM
Aug 2018
Romores said:
Pulkit200 said:

Okay, now it's clearer.

But, why exactly is it a problem if her goal is loving Subaru? Does that make her a bad person somehow?

There are lots of people in the world who feel accomplished in love and being loved by other people, and I don't think there's nothing wrong with that.

Also, being her character basically on hold, she's can basically be anything the author wants her to be. Starting with her love for Subaru takes nothing away from her.

When did I say it was a problem ? Never did i stated that it was a problem , We were talking about character development @Amalik0029 saying that Rem had alot of character development and i asked him How?
Mar 4, 2021 6:53 AM

Apr 2008
Pulkit200 said:
When did I say it was a problem ? Never did i stated that it was a problem , We were talking about character development @Amalik0029 saying that Rem had alot of character development and i asked him How?

You're right, my bad.
Mar 4, 2021 7:03 AM

Sep 2020
Pulkit200 said:
Romores said:

Okay, now it's clearer.

man you are acting as if you haven't watched season 1 after subaru it was rem who got most spotlight through out the series...

She was the major driving force which help subaru to move forward,
Mar 4, 2021 7:07 AM
Aug 2018
Amalik0029 said:
Pulkit200 said:

When did i ignore Ep18 ? Can you quote any statement of me saying that ? It's quite the opposite , I acknowledge little bit of her development in ep18 thats why i used "Major character development" instead of character development in my first comment.

it seem that the male character can be a simp and no one have problem with that but when the female character is simping for a particular someone there they break the golden rule

Irony of this statement is that its quite the opposite the , I have been part of Rezero community since 2016 , When Episode 18 aired back in 2016 , All hell was let loose for Rem , Subaru and Emilia became most hated character of Rezero , Rezero ratings dropped alot on MAL , Subaru and Emilia fans were thrashed by Rem fans and i remember getting raided in DM by alot of angry Rem fans because i had Emilia as profile picture on Reddit , Rem was fan favourite and still is favourite (I mean title of this thread explains it pretty much), terms like Simp didn't existed back then but I'm pretty sure if they did , Subaru would have been called simp and even pre Season 2 , Subaru was still called simp , it only changed when more episodes of season 2 started airing and people changed and in last 4 years, i have never saw anyone call Rem SIMP until late season 2 part 1 was airing , where as Subaru was called SIMP from the time this word SIMP got trending .

And it's funny how you keep on mentioning you are not a toxic fan but I see no difference between you and so called toxic Emilia fan

So you keep calling me a "toxic Emilia fan" , Can you please quote me where have i been toxic ? or you can mention the similarity you see between me and toxic Emilia fans since you see no difference between me and them. Plus i asked you 3 times already "How? Rem had the the most character development?" and every time you either choose to call me toxic Emilia fan instead of answering my question or divert the question into another topic.
Pulkit200Mar 4, 2021 7:12 AM
Mar 4, 2021 7:10 AM
Aug 2018
Amalik0029 said:
Pulkit200 said:

man you are acting as if you haven't watched season 1 after subaru it was rem who got most spotlight through out the series...

She was the major driving force which help subaru to move forward,

As i have said in my previous reply that i acknowledged her little development in ep18 and also "her being major driving force which helps Subaru to move forward" wouldn't that be considered Subaru's character development instead of Rem's because its Subaru who is moving forward. Rem didn't had any change in her personality or in goals which is loving Subaru.
Pulkit200Mar 4, 2021 7:13 AM
Mar 4, 2021 7:22 AM

Oct 2016
Yeap, this is what happens when someone blindly hate character or love character.

Pretty sad actually.
YES
Mar 4, 2021 7:30 AM
Aug 2018
Romores said:
Amalik0029 said:

I think it's because some of them have a very strong misconception of Rem, saying how her attachment to Subaru is supposedly "toxic" or "unhealthy", when it's simply how a person with no experience in love usually behaves (and even this starts to change after "From Zero", where she starts to have a more mature opinion of Subaru, instead of just seeing him as an unfailing genius). All the more so knowing that Rem is still hugely undervaluing herself, despite giving a little more value to her desires ("stay by Subaru's side despite everything"), which is actually huge for someone who has been seeing herself as totally worthless for basically all her life.

We could say the same thing about Subaru towards Emilia, until "A Reason to Believe" (that technically is the "From Zero" for Emilia).

And we could even mention Ram's obsession with Roswaal (that for some reason has been widely accepted despite being a much worse situation, given that it's not even an equal relationship, at least until the latest episodes of S2).

Yet, it's always only Rem the one who's being shunned, just because the story gave her a lot more focus during Arc 2 and 3.

Well I disagree with you here , her relationship with Subaru has been made pretty clear to be unhealthy in novels , reading novels for first 3 arcs should make this pretty clear and I don't blame you for not recognizing it because anime did a skipped most of the toxic party or simpish part of Rem's personality in season 1. In Novels it is pretty clear that she is unhealthily obsessed with him , I can mention all the cut contents or side stories (which are canon to Rezero) but i don't if it is allowed within rules to post it here , if you want i can DM , I will provide source for every cut content or side stories i mention). Memory Snow OVA portrays Rem's unhealthy obsession with Subaru better.
Mar 4, 2021 7:32 AM
Aug 2018
Saomii said:
Yeap, this is what happens when someone blindly hate character or love character.

Pretty sad actually.

wait , I'm confused what you mean by it ? i got confused xD , can you please elaborate.
Mar 4, 2021 7:44 AM

Apr 2008
Pulkit200 said:
Well I disagree with you here , her relationship with Subaru has been made pretty clear to be unhealthy in novels , reading novels for first 3 arcs should make this pretty clear and I don't blame you for not recognizing it because anime did a skipped most of the toxic party or simpish part of Rem's personality in season 1. In Novels it is pretty clear that she is unhealthily obsessed with him , I can mention all the cut contents or side stories (which are canon to Rezero) but i don't if it is allowed within rules to post it here , if you want i can DM , I will provide source for every cut content or side stories i mention). Memory Snow OVA portrays Rem's unhealthy obsession with Subaru better.

I'm reading the LN and side stories too, and I know what you're talking about.

And I still can't really see them as "toxic" as you say. To me "toxic" is a completely different thing than what Rem does. I agree that she's very immature with her feelings because she's never experienced them, and Subaru is the very first person she's ever loved as a woman.

But other than that, she has no bad intent with Subaru, so I can't really see her "toxicity". On the contrary, in the exact moment that Subaru starts acknowledging her feelings and Rem starts to understand that Subaru is not the unfailing hero she thought he was, they both start slowly changing their attitute towards each other. She also starts wanting to help Subaru because he actually needs help, not just to be noticed by him.

This is a huge parallelism with Subaru, imho, because Subaru is also very clingy with Emilia (and in the WN he's much worse than in the LN, afaik). And also shows that Rem does mature a little in that moment.

The main issue of Rem is not her love for Subaru, but the fact that she (still) feels worthless, and being her a person who voted her life to serving her sister and other people, she knew few other ways to show her love and her worth (and this is something that even the LN acknowledges in Volume 5). And Subaru, in "From Zero", allowed her to learn another way: be a moral support.
RomoresMar 4, 2021 7:48 AM
Mar 4, 2021 7:52 AM

Sep 2020
Pulkit200 said:
Amalik0029 said:

When did i ignore Ep18 ? Can you quote any statement of me saying that ? It's quite the opposite , I acknowledge little bit of her development in ep18 thats why i used "Major character development" instead of character development in my first comment.

it seem that the male character can be a simp and no one have problem with that but when the female character is simping for a particular someone there they break the golden rule

Irony of this statement is that its quite the opposite the , I have been part of Rezero community since 2016 , When Episode 18 aired back in 2016 , All hell was let loose for Rem , Subaru and Emilia became most hated character of Rezero , Rezero ratings dropped alot on MAL , Subaru and Emilia fans were thrashed by Rem fans and i remember getting raided in DM by alot of angry Rem fans because i had Emilia as profile picture on Reddit , Rem was fan favourite and still is favourite (I mean title of this thread explains it pretty much), terms like Simp didn't existed back then but I'm pretty sure if they did , Subaru would have been called simp and even pre Season 2 , Subaru was still called simp , it only changed when more episodes of season 2 started airing and people changed and in last 4 years , in last 4 years , i have never saw anyone call Rem SIMP until late season 2 part 1 was airing , where as Subaru was called SIMP from the time this word SIMP got trending .

And it's funny how you keep on mentioning you are not a toxic fan but I see no difference between you and so called toxic Emilia fan

So you keep calling me a "toxic Emilia fan" , Can you please quote me where have i been toxic ? or you can mention the similarity you see between me and toxic Emilia fans since you see no difference between me and them. Plus i asked you 3 times already "How? Rem had the the most character development?" and every time you either choose to call me toxic Emilia fan instead of answering my question or divert the question into another topic.
ooo man I think I made someone angry,

so I think rem is a very well written character , the author of re zero wanted rem to be a character which everyone can get attracted to , so that when he remove her from the story it give more impact to its audience , a blank character with zero character development will not leave same impact , I can't say anything about the heaters but ever normal audiance got emotionally attached to rem more then anyone else, in season 1, if after season 1 Emilia was removed from the story instead of rem I don't think audiance would have same reaction , what made you think Emilia is a well written character may be because of tragic past, may be because of her love for subaru , may be because of her attitude , and for some because of her looks ,if this made Emilia a great character then why not rem , we have withness all this in season 1 but instead of Emilia it was rem,

And sorry for saying toxic Emilia fan sir,
Mar 4, 2021 7:54 AM
Aug 2018
Romores said:
Pulkit200 said:

I'm reading the LN and side stories too, and I know what you're talking about.

And I still can't really see them as "toxic" as you say. To me "toxic" is a completely different thing than what Rem does. I agree that she's very immature with her feelings because she's never experienced them, and Subaru is the very first person she's ever loved as a woman.

But other than that, she has no bad intent with Subaru, so I can't really see her "toxicity". On the contrary, in the exact moment that Subaru starts acknowledging her feelings and Rem starts to understand that Subaru is not the unfailing hero she thought he was, they both start slowly changing their attitute towards each other. She also starts wanting to help Subaru because he actually needs help, not just try to be noticed by him.

This is a huge parallelism with Subaru, imho, because Subaru is also very clingy with Emilia (and in the WN he's much worse than in the LN, afaik). And also shows that Rem does mature a little in that moment.

The main issue of Rem is not her love for Subaru, but the fact that she (still) feels worthless, and being her a person who voted her life to serving her sister and other people, she knew few other ways to show her love. And Subaru, in "From Zero", allowed her to learn another way: be a moral support.

Well trying to drug Subaru to r*pe him is pretty toxic , faking her death to get confession out of Subaru , Her comments like smelling Subaru's underwear ,etc. These are not the types of thing a person in love do even if they are unexperienced in love but I will accept my mistake of using "toxic part" , I originally meant to type her simpish personality and unhealthy obsession but i couldn't find of a right word so I decided to go with toxic but later added "simpish" but forgot to remove "toxic" from my previous reply. My main point was her unhealthy obsession with Subaru rather than toxicity which you clearly don't acknowledge from your previous reply. Her actions not having bad intent has nothing to do with her unhealthily obsession.
Mar 4, 2021 8:04 AM
Aug 2018
Amalik0029 said:
Pulkit200 said:

Irony of this statement is that its quite the opposite the , I have been part of Rezero community since 2016 , When Episode 18 aired back in 2016 , All hell was let loose for Rem , Subaru and Emilia became most hated character of Rezero , Rezero ratings dropped alot on MAL , Subaru and Emilia fans were thrashed by Rem fans and i remember getting raided in DM by alot of angry Rem fans because i had Emilia as profile picture on Reddit , Rem was fan favourite and still is favourite (I mean title of this thread explains it pretty much), terms like Simp didn't existed back then but I'm pretty sure if they did , Subaru would have been called simp and even pre Season 2 , Subaru was still called simp , it only changed when more episodes of season 2 started airing and people changed and in last 4 years , in last 4 years , i have never saw anyone call Rem SIMP until late season 2 part 1 was airing , where as Subaru was called SIMP from the time this word SIMP got trending .

so I think rem is a very well written character , the author of re zero wanted rem to be a character which everyone can get attracted to , so that when he remove her from the story it give more impact to its audience , a blank character with zero character development will not leave same impact , I can't say anything about the heaters but ever normal audiance got emotionally attached to rem more then anyone else, in season 1, if after season 1 Emilia was removed from the story instead of rem I don't think audiance would have same reaction , what made you think Emilia is a well written character may be because of tragic past, may be because of her love for subaru , may be because of her attitude , and for some because of her looks ,if this made Emilia a great character then why not rem , we have withness all this in season 1 but instead of Emilia it was rem,

You are again diverting from the questions , I asked how she had the MOST character development? in this reply you keep saying she had the most character development but never explain how , I never said Emilia is a great character ? Did I ? can you quote me where i said that Emilia is great character ? From the start of our conversation ,only thing i asked was How? to your original reply and that's it. I never stated that Emilia is great character neither do i consider her to be one. You pretty much made that up. Plus i am not asking how would have audience reacted if Emilia was removed from the story , only thing i ask is for you to elaborate your original statement. If you don't want to or you can't explain it , just say it , I won't bother you anymore.
Mar 4, 2021 8:08 AM

Oct 2016
Pulkit200 said:
Saomii said:

Pretty sad actually.

wait , I'm confused what you mean by it ? i got confused xD , can you please elaborate.

Unfortunately nope.
Because someone might triggered xd.
YES
Mar 4, 2021 8:09 AM
Aug 2018
Saomii said:
Pulkit200 said:

Unfortunately nope.
Because someone might triggered xd.

Ok xD , Just tell me was it directed towards me or someone else xD.
Mar 4, 2021 8:10 AM

Apr 2008
Pulkit200 said:
Well trying to drug Subaru to r*pe him is pretty toxic , faking her death to get confession out of Subaru , Her comments like smelling Subaru's underwear ,etc. These are not the types of thing a person in love do even if they are unexperienced in love but I will accept my mistake of using "toxic part" , I originally meant to type her simpish personality and unhealthy obsession but i couldn't find of a right word so I decided to go with toxic but later added "simpish" but forgot to remove "toxic" from my previous reply. My main point was her unhealthy obsession with Subaru rather than toxicity which you clearly don't acknowledge from your previous reply. Her actions not having bad intent has nothing to do with her unhealthily obsession.

The "drug" and "smelling" part are honestly usual Japanese eccentric comedy. Also, it's not like Subaru isn't a pervert, asking girls to remove their undies and hugging the girls so that he can cop a feel. I don't think anyone should take those situation seriously. By the way, are they like that also in the LN version, or just in the WN? The LN is usually toned down. (Also, in no way is implied that Rem wanted to r*pe Subaru when she used that drug in the tea, she probably just wanted to give him a lap pillow to her heart's content).

The faking death part is slightly different, but even then Rem had no bad intent. After all, it's not like Subaru was going to say otherwise: Rem knew, after the Flugel Tree conversation with him, that he had feelings for her, and decided to "play" a little with him (she was probably so happy to be embraced by him in that moment, lol), and also allowed him to be relieved of his bad feelings when he learned that she was actually better than he thought. I think that many people fail to see the meaning of that situation. Even the narrator says that Subaru "was supposed to get mad with her", but he didn't because he was too happy for that. Yes, it was a little naughty of Rem, but she did that only because she knew she was allowed to, because she understands Subaru much more than he thinks (after all, "she's always watching at him").

And despite all this, she still sees her as a "side character" in Subaru's life, as showed in Volume 10 shortly before THAT happens.
RomoresMar 4, 2021 8:24 AM
Mar 4, 2021 8:13 AM

Sep 2020
Pulkit200 said:
Amalik0029 said:

You are again diverting from the questions , I asked how she had the MOST character development? in this reply you keep saying she had the most character development but never explain how , I never said Emilia is a great character ? Did I ? can you quote me where i said that Emilia is great character ? From the start of our conversation ,only thing i asked was How? to your original reply and that's it. I never stated that Emilia is great character neither do i consider her to be one. You pretty much made that up. Plus i am not asking how would have audience reacted if Emilia was removed from the story , only thing i ask is for you to elaborate your original statement. If you don't want to or you can't explain it , just say it , I won't bother you anymore.
I have never withness such big brain person in my life , you just say you don't want to believe rem is a well written character I will be happy, if god himself come he will also not be able to convince you , I am just a human.
Mar 4, 2021 8:20 AM
Aug 2018
Amalik0029 said:
Pulkit200 said:

I have never withness such big brain person in my life , you just say you don't want to believe rem is a well written character I will be happy, if god himself come he will also not be able to convince you , I am just a human.

"you just say you don't want to believe rem is a well written character I will be happy" - Why would i say that ? I am enjoying Rem's character in Arc 7 more than i did before. Plus I think Rem is a well written character and has lots of potential to be a very interesting good character , and seeing how author is using her in arc7 , i am sure she will be one in future based on what we have seen in arc 7. Plus i never really said anything about Rem's character being well written. Since start of this conversation only thing i said was asking you to explain that particular part of your original reply. Anyways it seems you are unable to answer it so lets end the discussion here , since it might get toxic later on.
Pulkit200Mar 4, 2021 8:32 AM
Mar 4, 2021 8:30 AM
Aug 2018
Romores said:
Pulkit200 said:

The "drug" and "smelling" part are honestly usual Japanese eccentric comedy. Also, it's not like Subaru isn't a pervert, asking girls to remove their undies and hold them so that he can cop a feel. I don't think anyone should take those situation seriously.

The faking death part is slightly different, but even then Rem had no bad intent. After all, it's not like Subaru was going to say otherwise: Rem knew, after the Flugel Tree conversation with him, that he had feelings for him, and decided to "play" a little with him (she was probably so happy to be embraced by him in that moment, lol), and also allowed him to be relieved of his bad feelings when he learned that she was actually better than he thought. I think that many people fail to see the meaning of that situation. Even the narrator says that Subaru "was supposed to get mad with her", but he didn't because he was too happy for that. Yes, it was a little naughty of Rem, but she did that only because she knew she was allowed to, because she understands Subaru much more than he thinks (after all, "she's always watching at him").

And despite all this, she still sees her as a "side character" in Subaru's life, as showed in Volume 10 little before THAT happens.

Again , I will say whether it was for comedic purpose or serious. It doesn't change the fact that it's part of her personality and her obsession is unhealthy . Plus i never defended Subaru's pervertness , on the contrary I also think that Subaru was unhealthily obsessed with Emilia which changes as story progresses and as Subaru develops as a character. So you giving Subaru as example doesn't change anything it only solidifies my point.

Well whether it was joke or even if it helped Subaru in a way , It doesn't change the fact that she faked her death to get the confession. In the end all that matters is she did it due to her obsession. I mean if you do a poll by listing these qualities/trait and situation to someone who hasn't watched or read rezero , and ask them if the person in question is obsessive or not. I am damm sure almost all will say "Obsessive".
Pulkit200Mar 4, 2021 8:34 AM
Mar 4, 2021 8:30 AM

Sep 2020
Pulkit200 said:
Amalik0029 said:

"you just say you don't want to believe rem is a well written character I will be happy" - Why would i say that ? I am enjoying Rem's character in Arc 7 more than i did before. Plus I think Rem is a well written character and has lots of potential to be a very interesting good character , and seeing how author is using her in arc7 , i am sure she will be one in future based on what we have seen in arc 7. Plus i never really said anything about Rem's character being well written. Since start of this conversation only thing i said was asking you to explaining that particular part of your original reply. Anyways it seems you are unable to answer it so lets end the discussion here , since it might get toxic later on.
🙏 forgive me I will never start a conversation with you again ,
Mar 4, 2021 8:46 AM

Apr 2008
Pulkit200 said:

Again , I will say whether it was for comedic purpose or serious. It doesn't change the fact that it's part of her personality and her obsession is unhealthy . Plus i never defended Subaru's pervertness , on the contrary I also think that Subaru was unhealthily obsessed with Emilia which changes as story progresses and as Subaru develops as a character. So you giving Subaru as example doesn't change anything it only solidifies my point.

Well whether it was joke or even if it helped Subaru in a way , It doesn't change the fact that she faked her death to get the confession. In the end all that matters is she did it due to her obsession. I mean if you do the poll by listing these qualities/trait and situation to someone who hasn't watched or read rezero , and ask them if the person in question is obsessive or not. I am damm sure almost all will say "Obsessive".

Oh, yeah. As I said, she's still very immature with her feelings, not going to argue on that, but I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing in her specific situation. I think it's just normal, being her at her very first experience with romantic love, and she has all the time to get better with it.

Also, after "From Zero", I don't think she is still blindly obsessed with Subaru, because as I said her feelings also mature a little. She embraced the idea that her "hero" is actually a fallible, broken man who needs support, and she wants to help him become a better person because she knows what he can really be. Yeah, she also wants to stay with him because she likes him, obviously, but that's how it works: you like a person, you want to stay with them.

And the fact that she still sees herself as Subaru's "second choice" (she would be fulfilled to just have him "from time to time", as she says in Volume 9 or 10) shows that she really just wants to see him happy, and what she wants the most is being able to help him be happy. If she really was (still) obsessed with him, I doubt she would think this.
RomoresMar 4, 2021 8:58 AM
Mar 4, 2021 9:12 AM

Nov 2013
Spoilers...
Spoilers everywhere.
― Saint Augustine
Mar 4, 2021 9:31 AM
Aug 2018
Romores said:
Pulkit200 said:

Well whether it was joke or even if it helped Subaru in a way , It doesn't change the fact that she faked her death to get the confession. In the end all that matters is she did it due to her obsession. I mean if you do the poll by listing these qualities/trait and situation to someone who hasn't watched or read rezero , and ask them if the person in question is obsessive or not. I am damm sure almost all will say "Obsessive".

Oh, yeah. As I said, she's still very immature with her feelings, not going to argue on that, but I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing in her specific situation. I think it's just normal, being her at her very first experience with romantic love, and she has all the time to get better with it.

Also, after "From Zero", I don't think she is still blindly obsessed with Subaru, because as I said her feelings also mature a little. She embraced the idea that her "hero" is actually a fallible, broken man who needs support, and she wants to help him become a better person because she knows what he can really be. Yeah, she also wants to stay with him because she likes him, obviously, but that's how it works: you like a person, you want to stay with them.

And the fact that she still sees herself as Subaru's "second choice" (she would be fulfilled to just have him "from time to time", as she says in Volume 9 or 10) shows that she really just wants to see him happy, and what she wants the most is being able to help him be happy. If she really was (still) obsessed with him, I doubt she would think this.

I never said it's a bad thing . I only said that its unhealthy , there is a huge difference between bad and unhealthy. I mean it doesn't matter if her obsession was good or bad , what matters in the end that she was unhealthily obsessed and that's the point i was trying to make

I think it's because some of them have a very strong misconception of Rem, saying how her attachment to Subaru is supposedly "toxic" or "unhealthy", when it's simply how a person with no experience in love usually behaves

This statement is kinda contradictory since you admitted now that she is obsessed with your last reply , you didn't admitted it earlier and called it misconception in your first reply and this was the point i was trying to make and yes after ep18 she may not be obsessed with Subaru atleast not on the level she used to earlier but she was most definitely still obsessed with Subaru and Rem faking her death is reminder to viewers plus during her fight with Regulus and Lye , she kept praising Subaru as her hero which ultimately lead to her memory being eaten if she had kept quite during the fight , She would have had her memories eaten at most and had similar fate like Crusch. These scene also showed little bit of her obsession. In the end all i wanted to say that you saying that Rem was not unhealthy obsessed with Subaru was bit wrong and that was the entire point of our argument , I never said that whether her being obsessed with Subaru is bad thing or a good thing. All i only said that she was obsessed with Subaru .
Mar 4, 2021 11:30 AM

Apr 2008
Pulkit200 said:
I never said it's a bad thing . I only said that its unhealthy , there is a huge difference between bad and unhealthy. I mean it doesn't matter if her obsession was good or bad, what matters in the end that she was unhealthily obsessed and that's the point i was trying to make

Okay, that is your opinion and I respect that.

Pulkit200 said:
This statement is kinda contradictory since you admitted now that she is obsessed with your last reply , you didn't admitted it earlier and called it misconception in your first reply and this was the point i was trying to make and yes after ep18 she may not be obsessed with Subaru atleast not on the level she used to earlier but she was most definitely still obsessed with Subaru and Rem faking her death is reminder to viewers plus during her fight with Regulus and Lye , she kept praising Subaru as her hero which ultimately lead to her memory being eaten if she had kept quite during the fight , She would have had her memories eaten at most and had similar fate like Crusch. These scene also showed little bit of her obsession. In the end all i wanted to say that you saying that Rem was not unhealthy obsessed with Subaru was bit wrong and that was the entire point of our argument , I never said that whether her being obsessed with Subaru is bad thing or a good thing. All i only said that she was obsessed with Subaru .

Because I don't really think she was ever "obsessed" in a negative way.

I mean, Subaru is literally her hero, the person who saved her and teached her a new way to see her life and her desires when no one else (except for Ram, maybe) ever considered her important. It would have been much stranger if she hadn't fallen for him and completely devoted herself to him. In this, she's different from the Subaru of the start because yes, Emilia saved him from the bandits, but she didn't trigger a paradigm change in Subaru's life as Subaru did with Rem. Subaru just thought "Emilia is a kind person and I want to be useful to her", in a somewhat selfish way (and in fact he was burnt by that at the start of Arc 3).

Having said that, it's true that Rem has an immature way to show her affection, because no one ever bothered to teach her anything about feelings and love (her parents died when she was just 8 and never really cared about her, Ram is not much better than her, and Roswaal also never really cared about her), also she gives little value to her life and only thinks to be worth something when she's useful to other people, and this is exacerbated even more by her being a maid. This is unhealthy for whom? For Subaru, not really. For her, most probably. But as I already said, this started to change after "From Zero" (she even started criticizing Subaru's idea of using the Witch scent before the battle versus the White Whale), so I don't really see a problem about it. After all, she's always been extremely self-critical, and she knows that what she does is not completely right (the whole Volume 5 is dedicated to show this). I think this is a good starting point to improve, because the important thing to understand about her is that she's not a bad person (not to imply that you're saying this, but there are some... "fans" who think of her as a trash person).

About the "faking death", I've already said my opinion so I'm not going to repeat myself.

And finally, do you really want to blame her for having her memories eaten? How was she supposed to know? She's a girl in love and she believes Subaru to really become the biggest hero in the world. I found it just very sweet of her. Also, she thought she was going to die for good, in that situation, not that she was going to fall into coma.

I think it all comes down to what we consider "obsession" and what not. Rem is just very enamored, imho, not obsessed, and she has her reasons to be like that. If she really was obsessed, I don't think she would ever be willing to let Subaru go, and she also puts his happiness before her own. But she still needs to mature more in her way to show her affection, that is true.

Obsession is a selfish thing, and right now her only selfish desire is to stay by Subaru's side to help him become a true hero. I can't really consider this as a bad thing. Sure, she probably also wants to win his heart, but not by belittling Emilia or anybody else. It should be his decision.
RomoresMar 5, 2021 12:42 AM
Mar 5, 2021 1:49 AM
Aug 2018
Romores said:
Pulkit200 said:
I never said it's a bad thing . I only said that its unhealthy , there is a huge difference between bad and unhealthy. I mean it doesn't matter if her obsession was good or bad, what matters in the end that she was unhealthily obsessed and that's the point i was trying to make

Okay, that is your opinion and I respect that.

Pulkit200 said:

Because I don't really think she was ever "obsessed" in a negative way.

I mean, Subaru is literally her hero, the person who saved her and teached her a new way to see her life and her desires when no one else (except for Ram, maybe) ever considered her important. It would have been much stranger if she hadn't fallen for him and completely devoted herself to him. In this, she's different from the Subaru of the start because yes, Emilia saved him from the bandits, but she didn't trigger a paradigm change in Subaru's life as Subaru did with Rem. Subaru just thought "Emilia is a kind person and I want to be useful to her", in a somewhat selfish way (and in fact he was burnt by that at the start of Arc 3).

Having said that, it's true that Rem has an immature way to show her affection, because no one ever bothered to teach her anything about feelings and love (her parents died when she was just 8 and never really cared about her, Ram is not much better than her, and Roswaal also never really cared about her), also she gives little value to her life and only thinks to be worth something when she's useful to other people, and this is exacerbated even more by her being a maid. This is unhealthy for whom? For Subaru, not really. For her, most probably. But as I already said, this started to change after "From Zero" (she even started criticizing Subaru's idea of using the Witch scent before the battle versus the White Whale), so I don't really see a problem about it. After all, she's always been extremely self-critical, and she knows that what she does is not completely right (the whole Volume 5 is dedicated to show this). I think this is a good starting point to improve, because the important thing to understand about her is that she's not a bad person (not to imply that you're saying this, but there are some... "fans" who think of her as a trash person).

About the "faking death", I've already said my opinion so I'm not going to repeat myself.

And finally, do you really want to blame her for having her memories eaten? How was she supposed to know? She's a girl in love and she believes Subaru to really become the biggest hero in the world. I found it just very sweet of her. Also, she thought she was going to die for good, in that situation, not that she was going to fall into coma.

I think it all comes down to what we consider "obsession" and what not. Rem is just very enamored, imho, not obsessed, and she has her reasons to be like that. If she really was obsessed, I don't think she would ever be willing to let Subaru go, and she also puts his happiness before her own. But she still needs to mature more in her way to show her affection, that is true.

Obsession is a selfish thing, and right now her only selfish desire is to stay by Subaru's side to help him become a true hero. I can't really consider this as a bad thing. Sure, she probably also wants to win his heart, but not by belittling Emilia or anybody else. It should be his decision.

Did I said she was obsessed in a negative way? Obsession doesn't need to be negative for it to be considered unhealthy , You can be obsessed to a good thing and it can still be considered unhealthy . Your original comment was saying that Rem is not obsessed with Subaru (I don't care if she was obsessed in a good way or bad way , obsession is still obsession) and I disagreed with it , my point was she was obsessed with Subaru which you didn't acknowledged in the original comment. So basically i am trying to say is that Rem is unhealthily obsessive with Subaru and you are saying that her obsession isn't bad/negative. You see what i am trying to say here ? you are arguing me on completely different topic than what i am talking about.
Mar 5, 2021 2:21 AM

Apr 2008
Pulkit200 said:
Did I said she was obsessed in a negative way? Obsession doesn't need to be negative for it to be considered unhealthy , You can be obsessed to a good thing and it can still be considered unhealthy . Your original comment was saying that Rem is not obsessed with Subaru (I don't care if she was obsessed in a good way or bad way , obsession is still obsession) and I disagreed with it , my point was she was obsessed with Subaru which you didn't acknowledged in the original comment. So basically i am trying to say is that Rem is unhealthily obsessive with Subaru and you are saying that her obsession isn't bad/negative. You see what i am trying to say here ? you are arguing me on completely different topic than what i am talking about.

That's because "obsession" is a word that I see as bad, that's why I don't really see it the way you do.

When we're in love, we usually tend to be "obsessed" with the person we love; but REAL obsession, in my opinion, is the one that stems mainly from selfishness without thinking about the other person's happiness.

That's why I don't agree with you on using that word, but I guess it's a matter of the different value we give to that word.
Mar 5, 2021 2:25 AM
Aug 2018
Romores said:
Pulkit200 said:

That's because "obsession" is a word that I see as bad, that's why I don't really see it the way you do.

When we're in love, we usually tend to be "obsessed" with the person we love; but REAL obsession, in my opinion, is the one that stems mainly from selfishness without thinking about the other person's happiness.

That's why I don't agree with you on using that word, but I guess it's a matter of the different value we give to that word.

Seems like it , Anyways it came out down to what we consider "obsession". For me her actions her unhealthily obsessive , for you they are not so I see no points in arguing on this since this will lead to nowhere xD. You are not gonna change your thinking about what is considered obsessive and neither will I. So best thing would be to end the discussion here.
Mar 5, 2021 2:27 AM

Apr 2008
Pulkit200 said:
Seems like it , Anyways it came out down to what we consider "obsession". For me her actions her unhealthily obsessive , for you they are not so I see no points in arguing on this since this will lead to nowhere xD. You are not gonna change your thinking about what is considered obsessive and neither will I. So best thing would be to end the discussion here.

Yeah, I think so.

In the end, it's all a matter of points of view. That's why people like different things, after all XD
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Jan 20, 2021

397 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Sep 25, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Jan 13, 2021

626 by rmcold »»
Sep 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 24, 2021

622 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Aug 25, 1:35 PM

Poll: » What BODILY FLUIDS is Echidna's tea REALLY made of?

Gilgameshuu - Oct 12, 2021

31 by adesh17 »»
Aug 18, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 17, 2021

490 by Baka_God »»
Aug 16, 1:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.