Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 15, 2020 3:46 AM

Jun 2020
sooooooooo.........any pirated sites come out w the movie yet?
Aug 15, 2020 4:58 AM

May 2018
mrnicotine said:

Not going to happen any time soon.
Aug 15, 2020 5:27 AM

Sep 2019
SteelingMax said:
Fantyyy said:

That's just stupid to be honest. Unless you want to read the VN the Deen anime is still your best bet if you want to experience the whole thing. It's a decent adaptation of the Fate route, the main point is there, you get to understand Saber and some key things about Shirou that were only hinted at in the other 2 routes, plus it also expands some on Kiritsugu's and Kirei's characters, even in the anime you should get that. Plus the ending is just incredible, and that part was well adapted.

Yes you need to keep in mind that it's not done by ufo, yeah we fucking get it nerds, the animation's not silky smooth and fight scenes are trash compared to ufo. This doesn't ruin the anime, if you think it does you don't get the point of the Fate franchise, it's not just about the action...The artstyle itself though is more true to the original work than any of the ufotable adaptaions by a LONG shot.

It also tried to add some extra stuff from UBW and HF, which didn't turn out great, but it doesn't ruin the point of it at all. Saber's route is adapted fine. Your best bet is still the VN imo but if you don't want to read that the anime is fine. I actually regret putting off watching it for so long because of all these toxic weebs hating on it so hard. I don't think you should base your decision on these people who are trying to make it look like trash just because it's not as good as the ufo adaptations.

This comment needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt because for this person, the original F/SN adaption by DEEN is top5 anime ever.
Of course i'm also biased myself just like everyone else, but i'm definitely not an UFOtable fanboy, Kara no Kyoukai is a pretty weak film series, Kimetsu no Yaiba is awful and i didn't quite like HF movie 1.
Plus i watched the original F/SN and UBW movie by DEEN before the franchise had anything to do with UFOtable, but as you can see from my favorites, Fate/Zero is what made me a fan of the series.

Shirou is such a pain in the ass main character, he's super stupid and keeps getting in front of Saber because she's a girl, "i'll protect her" even though in this route he can do basically nothing, can't he think straight, she's a super powered legend and you don't even know about Avalon, plus if you die she'll also lose the war, you dimwit.
I know it's taken out of contest, but the "people die when they are killed" meme, encapsulates Shirou's character in this route, perfectly.

At least in UBW he can back it up, making his character look less retarded.

I don't need to justify to you my ranking with objective reasons, and the top 5 is more for the VN and being happy that there's an anime that adapted decently what really matters in it, which you clearly don't understand. I'm not forced to rank things based on the same criteria as you.

Also, good job spoilig a bunch of stuff without warning in your post, you're exactly the kind of toxic trash I was talking about. If we're already on spoilers I can react to the dumb stuff you're saying, so anyone not wanting to see more spoilers scroll away.

Shirou is a good character precisely because he's dumb and naive. He just doesn't care about the consequences of his actions, only the ideal value to them. This is the same in UBW as well, it just turns out differently. This idiocity is the very thing that saves Saber too, if you can't realize that after reading the VN or watching the Deen anime then just congrats again. This thing of his that he's obsessed with protecting others and putting his life on the life even when he's usless is again, the same in UBW.

Also, how exactly is he useless in Fate? His powers develop in a completely different direction due to the close relationship with Saber, and he becomes an absolute monster. Not as flashy as UBW, so I guess that's your problem.

He's able to project Caliburn in a state that's able to kill Berserker 7 times in 1 hit, and projects the sheath of Excalibur, Avalon in it's most perfect form AFTER already giving back the sheath to Saber, which was the source of his body's insane powers and unlimited magical energy reserves in the first place, and also the source of his Unlimited Blade Works magic btw. This projection completely neutralized the curses of the Holy Grail and made Saber invulnerable against freaking Ea. Such a useless guy I agree.

Also, did I mention he saved Saber by giving her back the ability to be proud of the life she lived with his incredibly strong will? Shirou is stupid, but that's why he works as a character. If you don't get that there's nothing to talk about, I just don't get why you're into this franchise in the first place. It's clear you didn't read the original story (VN) and sorry to rub it in, but Fate/Zero is just flashy professional fanfiction using what was already laid down in the VN, and even the few changes it makes to the characters don't make much sense.

Your entitled and ignorant approach is what I'm taking with a grain of salt, dude.

Basically this guy right here is the stereotypical Urobuchi simp, who watched a spinoff written years after the original and by a different person, and thinks he's entitled based on that to tell everyone what the Fate franchise should be about, while in reality having 0 clue about the story and the characters. Coming in with that shitty out of context quote meme is just another proof of this. These people still can't accept the fact that the Fate/stay night visual novel is the main story and is incredibly popular and acclaimed in Japan still, anime adaptations included. Zero is just a spinoff, turned into a great anime by ufotable. As a story, it has nothing on stay/night when it comes to depth and characters. No, according to them Nasu (the orignal writer) should retire and let the Zero writer handle the franchise alltogether, cause Fate sucks if it's not edgy af battle royale, and actually focuses on character arcs lmao.

People like him are the worst part of the western fandom, and you shouldn't let those kind of people tell you how to experience the franchise.
FantyyyAug 4, 2021 2:35 PM
Aug 16, 2020 1:15 AM

Jun 2020
Rider9530 said:
mrnicotine said:

Not going to happen any time soon.

my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined
Aug 16, 2020 4:14 AM

Oct 2012
So why are why even having this thread? という in his response is citation of the previous. Also, it's easy to take that sentence out of the context but that's actually worse thing you can do with japanese So what he actually said to the question how he felt playing Kotomine all those years was that he was acting as there wouldn't be any chance for him to play Kotomine Kirei in the future so he didn't want to have any regrets (that's why this time he was even glad they did some voice recording retakes).

He didn't rule out any future involvement and seiyuu generally don't/can't speak about their upcoming work. It only means that there are no immediate plans to cast him again as Kotomine yet we all know that if Ataraxia is ever adapted (which would be logical next step for Ufo before Tsukihime), there is his very important backstory coming with it.
Dec 16, 2020 3:28 AM

Sep 2019
What a whole bunch of bullshit forced misinterpretation.

All he said is he wants to do his best cause he FEELS like it might be his last time. Again, how old is he? Pretty damn old. He might not be able to work now after a few more years pass.

This does not mean a Fate route remake is never happening, not like TM/Aniplex would ever make a statement like that with it still being so popular in Japan and even some of the HF staff voicing their thought several times that a Fate route project would be interesting.
Dec 19, 2020 2:04 AM
Jul 2018
Well now I only hope that Ufotable will animate one of the other TYPE-MOON products such as Tsukihime or Mahoutsukai no Yoru , or Fate/Hollow Ataraxia at least, and about a remake of Fate route , may be it is better to leave Deen/Stay Night as the only adaptation of the route (the one started it all) and concentrate on adapting other works in the Nasuverse
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - III. Spring Song Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Aug 15, 2020

518 by TheFelipex »»
Apr 16, 4:45 PM

» Do this whole movie happens in alternate timeline ? anyone could do explain breifly

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 28

9 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 31, 11:11 AM

» I liked all of it but didn't understand the ending

Beauty123 - Apr 8, 2021

14 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 29, 4:46 AM

» Do you hate Sakura?

Stacias - Jul 20, 2022

46 by LANARp-0470 »»
Mar 16, 5:42 AM

Poll: » How do you feel about sakura? ( 1 2 )

Clar_00 - Mar 4, 2022

59 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 14, 8:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.