Forum Settings
Forums

Game v8: Between The Rock and the Sea | Game End - MAFIA WINS

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (46) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2017 8:58 PM

Dec 2013
idk about everyone else but until day 3-4 im not voting the miller or vigilante claim lol, and no one can argue against my opinion because i will not lynch someone that has the possibily to be town when there isnt even counterlciaims in play nor has their be enough role reveals to explain how bastard this game really is.

Mar 13, 2017 8:59 PM

Dec 2013
Sonata said:
Grapefruit21 said:

Then our other town who died overnight isn't dead and we didn't waste a town PR. Like you can keep thinking I'm scum for this but as scum I wouldn't be trying my hardest to guide town onto EV+ plays. Two people have claimed to be role blocked toDay. There is only a very small chance that Krista is able to get their shot off going forward given that

And none of this is that compelling that I'm scum. Also continuting our theory disagreements I think mafia would absolutely kill a confirmed town player and think having one is immensely valuable for the town because it's one less slot we have to look at.

Edit: Even numbered as in an even number of players so we have a superfluous town life that is perfect to vig and doesn't change the number of days we have.

I find it quite interesting how, eventhough he revealed to be vig, he wasn't roleblocked or anything... Krista just refused to shoot? Very fishy.

fishy how?

This is bastard setup and role madness to a point so its possible their is some form of tracker in play so why would anyone take that risk on top of the fact there was a doctor.

Mar 13, 2017 9:00 PM

Dec 2013
_Claire_ said:
CorruptedPurity said:
I won't argue with Claire anymore. You're just screwing around with me. If you're not going to give proper answers, Im done wasting my energy trying to reason with you. I'll give my ISO tmr and be done with you.

Where is my ISO?

Vote: corruptedpurity

You keep on saying I don't read your post, but you are not even reading mine. Also I am a meta-reader player (yeah hate me all you want, lols) but I honestly think you are scum. Also the way you are just beating on the bushes, no real action done, guilt-tripping people over Cop's death. You just want to find easy lynch no? :>

u wonder why i never side with you lol, also this stll feels more like omgus than anything cause you havent given me a reason to wanna follow ur lead.

Mar 13, 2017 9:02 PM

Dec 2016
And I'm trying to decide who is trolling me as scum and who just went to a horrible school of mafia theory. Because calling the assumption that a Vig should shoot on N1 anti town is ridiculous. Vig not shooting on N1 is the same argument as town no lynching on D1. Unless you are going for the hero play late in the game, but you can't claim and do that!

And yeah my JustKrista vote was horrible and Sonata doesn't look great for sheeping it. But Krista being alive and not being roleblocked is pretty suspect too. But still a bad vote and why I've moved off of it. EIther we have another vig and they'll shoot Krista, or Krista is our vig and took a very over cautious line of play.
Mar 13, 2017 9:05 PM

Dec 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
Suzune-chan said:
Well I am going to do something I never do, defend someone else's in game play. The strongest move the vigilante could have taken was not to act. The set up was there; I called out the role for being useless now that it was revealed. If the mafia could force the vig to panic then they won because fearing death you have to assume they will act. Thus, there in lies the trick. By not acting, the vig maintains new control over the ability by forcing the mafia to either react or wait and watch. It is a simple and easy way to control the mafia.

@grapefruit21

This makes actual no sense. Like mechanically none. On rereading it five times I cannot comprehend what the stated bonus for town is beyond having a shot that can possibly hit mafia still.

Vote: Suzune

P.S. if I wanted to play behaviorlly I'd lynch Rinto (vote switch(but it's rinto and who actually knows), CPurity(I think 1 of claire and them is scum and I'd lean here frist), Rosie (for repeatedly trying to me into a pocket(I do think it's just good town play though, just scared)), or Krista (for claiming and not shooting, while being a scumspect D1. Cant wait till tomorrow though as if we had another Vig Krista would be dead right now). But I can't get by this piece of analysis. I do not believe this ever comes from town because it is such nonsense horrible advice.

i have the same thought process u wanna vote mt too now or what???

Mar 13, 2017 9:05 PM

Dec 2016
Shinichi-Kun said:
idk about everyone else but until day 3-4 im not voting the miller or vigilante claim lol, and no one can argue against my opinion because i will not lynch someone that has the possibily to be town when there isnt even counterlciaims in play nor has their be enough role reveals to explain how bastard this game really is.

Why on earth should we believe the Miller claim? This reaction is exactly why it's a great claim as scum! Combine that with the EoD lynch on Kit and Grrr is a great place to look today.

And a vig should never ever be counterclaimed in the traditional way. Your shot is your CC. And yes I admit my JustKrista vote was not great.
Mar 13, 2017 9:06 PM

Dec 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
And I'm trying to decide who is trolling me as scum and who just went to a horrible school of mafia theory. Because calling the assumption that a Vig should shoot on N1 anti town is ridiculous. Vig not shooting on N1 is the same argument as town no lynching on D1. Unless you are going for the hero play late in the game, but you can't claim and do that!

And yeah my JustKrista vote was horrible and Sonata doesn't look great for sheeping it. But Krista being alive and not being roleblocked is pretty suspect too. But still a bad vote and why I've moved off of it. EIther we have another vig and they'll shoot Krista, or Krista is our vig and took a very over cautious line of play.

mafia dont know the roles or the game either they hae as much information as us, it super risky to go for karote, when they can just try to put all their focus on someone no one was looking at atleast thats how i would play, as mafia i rather take risks after ive figured out the game.

Mar 13, 2017 9:08 PM

Dec 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

Why on earth should we believe the Miller claim? This reaction is exactly why it's a great claim as scum! Combine that with the EoD lynch on Kit and Grrr is a great place to look today.

And a vig should never ever be counterclaimed in the traditional way. Your shot is your CC. And yes I admit my JustKrista vote was not great.

cause if hes mafia then we have a free lynch at anytime but if hes town we just lynch a powerful voice, just like suzu said eventually anton will either slip up or keep proving hes miller.

Mar 13, 2017 9:13 PM

Dec 2016
Shinichi-Kun said:
Grapefruit21 said:

This makes actual no sense. Like mechanically none. On rereading it five times I cannot comprehend what the stated bonus for town is beyond having a shot that can possibly hit mafia still.

P.S. if I wanted to play behaviorlly I'd lynch Rinto (vote switch(but it's rinto and who actually knows), CPurity(I think 1 of claire and them is scum and I'd lean here frist), Rosie (for repeatedly trying to me into a pocket(I do think it's just good town play though, just scared)), or Krista (for claiming and not shooting, while being a scumspect D1. Cant wait till tomorrow though as if we had another Vig Krista would be dead right now). But I can't get by this piece of analysis. I do not believe this ever comes from town because it is such nonsense horrible advice.

i have the same thought process u wanna vote mt too now or what???

Only when you say something as bad as the quoted post. So far I can follow all of your logic while disagreeing with it.
Mar 13, 2017 9:15 PM

Jun 2009
Grapefruit21 said:
Suzune-chan said:
Well I am going to do something I never do, defend someone else's in game play. The strongest move the vigilante could have taken was not to act. The set up was there; I called out the role for being useless now that it was revealed. If the mafia could force the vig to panic then they won because fearing death you have to assume they will act. Thus, there in lies the trick. By not acting, the vig maintains new control over the ability by forcing the mafia to either react or wait and watch. It is a simple and easy way to control the mafia.

@grapefruit21

Thank you for your opinion. I will not reexplain it. It is quite clear.

Edit: Honestly, I am a manipulator. I see the angle, I see the potential, and I tend to look for the amount of ripples each action causes. You are logical. You see the black and the white, what is there right now, and the rough raw numbers. That is our problem
Suzune-chanMar 13, 2017 9:19 PM

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Mar 13, 2017 9:18 PM

Dec 2016
The fact that you said I was 90% scum and didn't vote me is pretty scummy though. Like that is higher than I've ever been sure anyone is scum without mechanical help. I'm very happy lynching with 75% confidence.

@Shinichi-Kun why no vote?
Mar 13, 2017 9:24 PM

Dec 2016
Suzune-chan said:
Grapefruit21 said:

Thank you for your opinion. I will not reexplain it. It is quite clear.

Or instead of hand waving it you could explain how: "Thus, there in lies the trick. By not acting, the vig maintains new control over the ability by forcing the mafia to either react or wait and watch. It is a simple and easy way to control the mafia." makes sense?

In what way does a vigilante ever have control over the mafia? The mafia actions are not controlled by a vigilante in any scenario I can think of.

I get that I'm being annoying (read any stronger pejorative in there), but that point does not make sense because a vig as a role fundamentally does not ever have control over mafia.
Mar 13, 2017 9:29 PM

Dec 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
The fact that you said I was 90% scum and didn't vote me is pretty scummy though. Like that is higher than I've ever been sure anyone is scum without mechanical help. I'm very happy lynching with 75% confidence.

me voting you or what? cause i have my vote on logic. Other than ur anti town mind set their isnt anythign i have that can prove your scum once i find that defining line or factor ill vote you.

Mar 13, 2017 9:30 PM

Dec 2013
Grapefruit21 said:

at this point im sure ur happy voting anyone thtat disagrees with you lol

thse are just numbers tho without proof they are meaningless, percentiles wont get people to follow me.

Mar 13, 2017 9:31 PM

Jun 2009
Honestly, I don't feel annoyed with you I just want to sigh. Because no amount of me explaining something that I think is very obvious, is ever going to make sense to you. As I explained above, but you missed it because I edit it after you copy the post. Is that we don't look at the same things.

If you've never played as mafia and thought were being baited. Then you won't understand what I'm talking about. You assume, the mafia has all the power in the game. But that's not true at all, because it's possible for the town to take control over how the mafia sees the game. It's actually very basic, and not particularly difficult to do. However, since you've either never seen this or have never been in this situation before you have no footwork therefore you don't understand me or/and you don't agree with me.

In very simple sentence, no one roll has any power over the other. It is the combination of how you use the role, how you behave in game, and how the other people on your various teams behave that affects the strength and or weakness of a role. No one role is stronger then another.

Honestly, I cannot understand why you can't understand. But I have to assume that our mafia istories are so different that we are unable to see eye to eye. All I can tell you, is that you are so anti-town right now. I'm afraid you are beyond town.

@grapefruit21

Edit: oh my phone why you betray me
Suzune-chanMar 13, 2017 9:39 PM

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Mar 13, 2017 9:39 PM

Jun 2009
OK so I'm actually going to sleep now, instead of responding because my spelling has become atrocious.

Mar 13, 2017 9:42 PM

Dec 2016
Shinichi-Kun said:
Grapefruit21 said:

thse are just numbers tho without proof they are meaningless, percentiles wont get people to follow me.

Did you not see the part where I said I didn't think you were scum? Until I remembered you threw numbered %'s on how sure you were I was scum and then didn't vote me.

Like I don't know how you can be so confident that logic is scum based on his like 8 posts that it's over the 90% confidence you expressed in your read on me. Can you explain how you are >90% sure logic is scum? I can see the case and I wouldn't mind looking there, but your confidence in it is much higher than mine.

@Suzune-chan that still said nothing to explain how a Vig exerts control over the mafia. I understand that the town can shape their thinking, but in this case it doesn't make sense to me. In the slightest. And your refusal to expand on that part of it has me thinking you don't have an explanation for how a claimed vig not firing gives town control rather than mafia.
Mar 13, 2017 9:45 PM

Jun 2009
@grapefruit21

OK now I'm frustrated with you. I do not have another way to explain it to you. I feel like I explained it, so I don't understand what more you could possibly want to hear.

Mar 13, 2017 9:49 PM

Jun 2009
@Grapefruit21

I mean short of making a fake situation and running you through the numbers of every possible play from here to there. And at the same time, if you're really conflicted because of Christie has a great strategy I don't want to destroy it by teaching the mafia how to think

Mar 13, 2017 9:50 PM

Dec 2016
@Suzune-chan go to sleep. Leave it to the jury of our peers in that case. If you think you've explained it there is nothing to do other than wait and see what others think.
Mar 13, 2017 10:13 PM

Dec 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

Did you not see the part where I said I didn't think you were scum? Until I remembered you threw numbered %'s on how sure you were I was scum and then didn't vote me.

Like I don't know how you can be so confident that logic is scum based on his like 8 posts that it's over the 90% confidence you expressed in your read on me. Can you explain how you are >90% sure logic is scum? I can see the case and I wouldn't mind looking there, but your confidence in it is much higher than mine.

@Suzune-chan that still said nothing to explain how a Vig exerts control over the mafia. I understand that the town can shape their thinking, but in this case it doesn't make sense to me. In the slightest. And your refusal to expand on that part of it has me thinking you don't have an explanation for how a claimed vig not firing gives town control rather than mafia.

where did i say logic was scum, i speficially said someone on the kit train was scum, never applied that my vote was on logic cause i scu read him.

Mar 13, 2017 10:17 PM

Dec 2013
Vigilante way of controlling mafia:

-Pressure
-manipulation through the thread
-fear
-Lack of knewledge the mafia have access to-

tho this may not be what suzune is refering too exactly

I just don't think vigilante should ever make a day 1 kill

when i put day or night vigilantes in my game i specifically state in the role they cant shoot on night 1 or day 1. Cause its game throwing to allow them to shoot that earky.

Mar 13, 2017 10:22 PM

Sep 2012
Shinichi-Kun said:
Vigilante way of controlling mafia:

-Pressure
-manipulation through the thread
-fear
-Lack of knewledge the mafia have access to-

tho this may not be what suzune is refering too exactly

I just don't think vigilante should ever make a day 1 kill

when i put day or night vigilantes in my game i specifically state in the role they cant shoot on night 1 or day 1. Cause its game throwing to allow them to shoot that earky.

Din-din time but I'm home, will go over other shit once I'm done.... but this actually hurts :S

A claimed vig is a pretty terrible position, though I kinda hope he was lying.
All of those listed are more likely to end up on the wrong end of town too.... so yeah, atm only GRRR!! should have any reason to fear the vig.
Though if you claim and it's actually 1-shot.... good luck ever using it effectively.
As for shooting right off the bat, in the right hands it works fine... given the other claim prior to his own it was to some extent viable, not to mention old skype games in which it worked fine too.
Mar 13, 2017 10:22 PM

Apr 2015
Suzune-chan said:
_Claire_ said:

What do you mean never?
But from your post, you seem to be way too sure that grrr was miller because your only speculation only includes him being "true" miller but you refuse to see Grapefruit's POV that grrr could be scum.

Also grrr always has anti-behaviour play.

What do you think of CP/JusKrista atm?
The role was played correctly. They did the right thing to out it early. All anti-town town aligned roles should out on day one. The only one I have trouble outing is aesthetic otherwise that is how you play the role.

Do you think there is another miller? What is this "true miller" talk? I understand that she wants him to be scum. But at the moment, i see no reason to persue that chain of thought because the role is currently played correctly. You can't keep miller claims all game, but you do not chase them initially otherwise the best play for a miller would not be to claim them right away.

I have no problem with JustKristi at the immediate moment.

And what you think of CP?
Yeah, but lets assume that it is wrong of Grapefruit to pursue this miller claim (which actually looks truthful, according to you and I agree with this). But do you think if grapefruit is scum he would let himself be in spotlight by telling the Vig to kill the miller? It is very anti-town yes-- but you think his scum self will do such a risky comment? Tbh I don't see it.

grrr said:
Grapefruit21 said:
Well by waiting they give the town less info to work with now in exchange and lose a confirmed tow slot for nebulous control over the mafia? That doesn't seem like a good trade to me.

I want to scum read Suzu and grr for defending that play but it seems more likely it's just that I went to a very different school of mafia game theory.

I disagree with many of the things you say but sadly i se you as town. I cant imagine a mafia player being so eager to think differntly than town.

+1

Scums will usually go according to major "opinion" because its safe.

Shinichi-Kun said:
Grapefruit21 said:

We'd be in a better position because instead of two question marks we'd have a confirmed town and have removed a mislynch for down the line. That's why my orginial post was saying we need a plan, either deal with it now or in lylo. I like dealing with it now, because in Lylo if we're wrong that's the game. Dealing with it in between doesn't make a ton of sense. You keep acting like the miller is an asset for town, but they are really just a VT with a draw back.

So with my line worst case scenario coming out of the night
2 dead town and a confirmed town in JustKrista
vs your scenario
1 dead town

I value the information of confirmed town so highly that I'd choose the top scenario 10 times out of 10. Especially in an even numbered game
90% sure your scum, but at the same time your view on information is alot different than mine. Your methods tho are way more risky than just trying to weed out the information, risking a towns life to find information is never worth it.

Suzu and i clash alot when it comes to gameplay and play style but i agree with her that ur way of thinking and ur actions so far have been super scummy.

Im just trying to decide if ur scum or just have a veyr anti town mindset lol.

You know scums tend to act super towny right, instead of super scummy? :/
Mar 13, 2017 10:24 PM

Apr 2015
Shinichi-Kun said:
_Claire_ said:

Where is my ISO?

You keep on saying I don't read your post, but you are not even reading mine. Also I am a meta-reader player (yeah hate me all you want, lols) but I honestly think you are scum. Also the way you are just beating on the bushes, no real action done, guilt-tripping people over Cop's death. You just want to find easy lynch no? :>

u wonder why i never side with you lol, also this stll feels more like omgus than anything cause you havent given me a reason to wanna follow ur lead.

What is definition of omgus again? Random vote?
Mar 13, 2017 10:27 PM

Apr 2015
Suzune-chan said:
Honestly, I don't feel annoyed with you I just want to sigh. Because no amount of me explaining something that I think is very obvious, is ever going to make sense to you. As I explained above, but you missed it because I edit it after you copy the post. Is that we don't look at the same things.

If you've never played as mafia and thought were being baited. Then you won't understand what I'm talking about. You assume, the mafia has all the power in the game. But that's not true at all, because it's possible for the town to take control over how the mafia sees the game. It's actually very basic, and not particularly difficult to do. However, since you've either never seen this or have never been in this situation before you have no footwork therefore you don't understand me or/and you don't agree with me.

In very simple sentence, no one roll has any power over the other. It is the combination of how you use the role, how you behave in game, and how the other people on your various teams behave that affects the strength and or weakness of a role. No one role is stronger then another.

Honestly, I cannot understand why you can't understand. But I have to assume that our mafia istories are so different that we are unable to see eye to eye. All I can tell you, is that you are so anti-town right now. I'm afraid you are beyond town.

@grapefruit21

Edit: oh my phone why you betray me

Can you explain why grapefruit would play such an anti-town play if he is scum? He needs town-trust, why not just go along with them then?
Mar 13, 2017 10:30 PM

Dec 2016
@Shinichi-Kun So you don't think logic is scum but you're voting him because he was on the Kit train. You think in 90% scum but aren't voting me because you're not 100% sure.

I don't think I'm crazy to have assumed you were pretty sure logic was scum given the level of confidence you stated in your read on me and your vote staying on logic.
Mar 13, 2017 10:33 PM

Sep 2012
CorruptedPurity said:
grrr said:
unvote: justkarista
vote: kit
(sorry black cat, but it came to this)

Just so you know, before this vote, it was a three way tie between Claire, Karote and Kit. Afterwards you made it a 3-2-4 respectively and Rinto made it a 3-3-4.

If you kept your vote, we would still have an alive cop since Karote would be lynched. If you swapped your vote to Claire, we would still have an alive cop as Claire would be lynched. The other 2 have more scum markers than Kit yet you choose to lynch Kit. You chose the worst possible option of the 3.

WHY?

Even worse, this is a last minute hammer which decided the game and you decided to do the worst possible situation there is.

grrr said:
yes if i had to do it again i would vote kit again. I don't like last moment vote changes. Also I think it will be only fair if karista shoots rinto tonight to prove his vigilante statement.

1) No remorse nor reconsideration. Really?
2) You don't like last moment vote changes yet you are the one with the last moment vote change. Hypocritical much?

grrr said:

I almost forgot, it wasn't like I had a choice, after the vig claim. I might join the Kitty mafia, but I am not sure yet.

You had a choice. Heck, you had choices: Lynch Claire, lynch Krista, unvote and let RNG do its thing. You chose the most scum choice. Yes, I'm starting to sound like a broken recorder because you do not seem to understand the gravity of your mistake.

_Claire_ said:

Werent you saying people in Kit train was supposed to be less scummy than people who vote one person who only has that single vote?

I wonder if you flip scum again CP. Lol

Honestly, where did I say that people on Kit's train is less scummy? Please quote me on that. I have been asking again and again to not lynch Kit and been trying to avoid it and did mention that someone on the train should be scum.

_Claire_ said:

And other people dont?

Are you guys trying to make us look guilty?

I would laugh my ass off tho if Grrr flips as miller tbh.

No other people people dont because other people didn't lynch the cop for no good reason. We are not trying to make you look guilty, you're doing a fine job of that by yourself. If Grrr flips miller, I wouldn't be surprised but I would be pissed because it meant he did an anti-town play even though he was town.

_Claire_ said:

This is unreasonable, we werent online at that time. Are you forcing the death of someone when we didnt know what was going on? Also we DID NOT know he was a cop. How could we?

You were speaking as if you knew he was town.

Bruh... Your vote on him was never justified in the first place... I also did call you out to unvote or change your vote which you never replied.... This isn't unreasonable in the slightest

Lam-B said:
Guess I've got some depression to wade through by now.... at the most part of 8 pages.
First note, I have no idea wtf that EoP was.... kids need to learn to look more than 2 ways and getting shit together and GRRR!! is his usual joke -_____-

EoP=End of Phase

Lam-B said:

A bit late, but

Rude. But did you read my post calling you out on why you voted Kit? I still want an explanation regardless.

Lam-B said:

Kids that had how much of the day to change it but chose not to act accordingly might be on the worse end of that tbh..... feel free to start instead of shit-talking, thanks~

Lam-B said:

Cool.
Thank god you tried your darnedest to make a difference.
Yeahrp, look even deeper in the direction you'd been looking the entire time and barely acting on....

Oioioi, don't need to be so rude here. We were busy working our ass off trying to swerve the votes away from Kit while you've been away with your vote on Kit. Also, did you not read anything? We almost did it, if it weren't for the +2 hours to the phase given by host, Kit would most probably survive thanks to yours truly and friends. Shinichi, Gwen, Suzu and I have all been working hard to try to get Kit not lynched while you have been lazily sleeping on Kit's train and giving me snarky remarks like this is uncalled for. You're in the wrong, you explain yourself, don't expect others to work around you.

Lam-B said:

If this is an actual question, you should look into both your D1 and thinking as a whole...... I'm actually surprised to still see this kind of shit coming out of you.

If I had a penny everytime I had to call you out on being rude this game...

Also, as much I disagree with shinichi on many things, I don't see what's wrong with his statement. What did any of you have business being in Kit's train?

Sooo.... why even quote the other statement and clarify something that was intentionally used with context?
Much like other votes, it happened... what are you missing?
Observations are rude? That's a scary thought.... feel free to look into that stance and/or actually read it.
Not at any point have you "had to".... being broke isn't fun.
As for the statement itself, it should be obvious that turning a blind eye to the same thing as long as it's not particular people is not only headache inducing and it'll come back to bite him in the ass in the long run, not to mention others.
Mar 13, 2017 10:39 PM

Sep 2012
Shinichi-Kun said:
Lam-B said:

Kids that had how much of the day to change it but chose not to act accordingly might be on the worse end of that tbh..... feel free to start instead of shit-talking, thanks~

well both sides have explaining too do then lol idk what ya want from me im not gonna ignore a train that shouldnt have even went through.

Regardless there are quite a few more than 6 players in the game, so those with the time to fix shit if they deemed it so obvious had a fuhk load more time in which to do so.
Even with the results, I'm glad a potential night shot wasn't off'd just because people couldn't be bothered dealing with them.
Mar 13, 2017 10:44 PM

Sep 2012
Shinichi-Kun said:
Suzune-chan said:
A survivor has no reason to be killed. I would honestly ignore their opinion and keep going and hope the mafia felt threatened to kill them. Unless they were obviously sinking the town there is no reason for bothering them. Waste of towns kill potential on rolls that do not affect town win condition. Although this is meaningless in this game. As there is no third. Miller is still a town role and can only win with the town therefore writing them off as expendable is a problem.

suzune put it in beter words than i could.

Miller is still a town role and can only win with the town therefore writing them off as expendable is a problem. i wish i had pointed this off myself lol

Mmmm, though such a role has a negative weight in place..... that doesn't stop them being publicly acknowledged and pretty much cornered up until the point their weight is no longer vital to town.... they barely have much of a say in what they do tbh. ( GRRR!! is just straight-up silly 9 times out of 10 though)
I have however seen him do something really dumb in another game with early claiming schemes, but in that instance he pretty much claimed flavour that fit scum over town by a long shot and some other bad mechanics in the set-up gave him away too, so he needs a bullet pretty soon as opposed to wasting a lynch.
Mar 13, 2017 10:45 PM

Sep 2012
Gwendolly said:
Lam-B said:

Odd statement considering the timing.

what about the timing?

Given the timing, too "insightful" bold but ehhhh
Mar 13, 2017 10:46 PM

Sep 2012
Gwendolly said:
I regret nothing! Good luck town!

Well, nvm then.
Mar 13, 2017 10:51 PM

Sep 2012
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
Rinto-kun said:
Nobody's gonna dig up info on who could have targeted Gwendolly or who did she suspect?No VCA? Seriously, this game is a little underwhelming..
My current thought is Gwen was Krista target right now and the mafia target was protected. I have no proof though... >> We won't know till Krista tell us if they tagerted anyone that night.

Reading posts would state that he likely didn't pop the shot for one reason or another.
Mar 13, 2017 10:58 PM

Sep 2012
Grapefruit21 said:
So I'm confused as to why we don't have a train on JustKrista. I'm also confused by logics train. Pretty sure there is scum driving it but I'm not sure who yet. So in the meantime let's lynch the vig. They were going to be the lynch yesterday then claimed vig and we only had one kill.

And unfortunately odds are they didn't get role blocked with the fact that Rinto claimed that and I was blocked as well :(

Vote: JustKrista

P.S. Overnight I had the game mixed up and thought Claire had claimed Vig. Really shocked no one called me out on my posts about Claire resolving overnight not making sense. More scum points for my convo partners from overnight I guess.

Not sure how much of this comes down to what each thinks is the correct course of action, but realistically given that it was Karote, I would have never expected them to use the shot with that amount of egging on and the chances that he would'ave/should'ave been scum blocked.
Though such a role can back-fire, it is still one of the sources closest to balancing out night phases in towns favour and I'd rather not watch people get snappy about what seems a logical choice and throw it away.
The claim is already out there and it isn't going anywhere.
Mar 13, 2017 11:02 PM

Sep 2012
Grapefruit21 said:
Suzune-chan said:
Technically the town as the same info it had yesterday. Not less.

But we have less because Krista decided not to shoot. That choice either denies town info or isn't a choice and is scum. You're correct, but not accurate.

Popping GRRR!! is pretty much a gamble given his roles specifics.
If he is scum then it would have been cool, if town it wouldn't have given much more info than light confirmation on Karote and would have been less weight for us as a whole.
Mar 13, 2017 11:08 PM

Sep 2012
_Claire_ said:
CorruptedPurity said:
I won't argue with Claire anymore. You're just screwing around with me. If you're not going to give proper answers, Im done wasting my energy trying to reason with you. I'll give my ISO tmr and be done with you.

Where is my ISO?

Mar 13, 2017 11:19 PM

Sep 2012
Time to drop some ass

Vote: Logic
Mar 14, 2017 3:50 AM

Aug 2013
Shinichi-Kun said:
Grapefruit21 said:

where did i say logic was scum, i speficially said someone on the kit train was scum, never applied that my vote was on logic cause i scu read him.

Um... what the fuck Shinichi? Why vote for him then? It pretty clear pressuring people doesn't work this game. If you want information, pester him to be here through other means. You want to start the train against Logic for no reason then?

Mar 14, 2017 4:07 AM

Oct 2015
Vote Count 2.2
✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥

✂ Logic340: Shinichi-kun, Grrr, Kaitou, Lamby

✄ CorruptedPurity: Claire
✄ JustKrista: Sonata
✄ Grapefruit21: Suzune-chan
✄ Suzune-chan: Grapefruit21

Not Voting: Togs, Logic340, Oyasumi_Rosie, CorruptedPurity, Rinto-kun and JustKrista

Mod Notes: XD

TIME UNTIL NIGHT 2

Thanks to vanitystar for making it
Mar 14, 2017 4:19 AM

Jan 2010
Suzune-chan said:
@logic340

I will never stack the odds against me. You are right that I once won a mafia game with no help from a replacement. Is that supposed to say something about replacements? Do you not think that Ruu and I held out and waited for Shi. Hoped beyond the stars he would show? Do you think I did not demand that whoever shuffled in knew the situation they came into?

There are good replacements in this world. The best. In a mostly inactive slot, I see no reason not to replace. I would rather read a new face then random lynch an empty space. No reason to waste what might be a fortuneate opportunity for town.
well let's hope that is the case this time around period I'm still salty...

Suzune-chan said:
@logic340

Are you trying to be pro-town?
this is becoming not everyone's favourite buzzword. Does it suddenly mean something new. It is like asking someone if they are scum this game. It has almost no meaning but looking busy, if you want to say. Kristina is scummy then do it. But say something that shows your thinking not casual commentary.
not siure why you tagged me as I've never said this? Did you misread something?
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Mar 14, 2017 4:38 AM

Dec 2016
Because I am curious to see reactions to this and want to see other's lists since I derailed a whole day with mechanical talk it's t/s list time.

Town
Grapefruit
JustKrista (Pending N2)
Oyasumi_Rosie

Lam-b
Claire

Togs
Logic
Rinto
Kaitou (I have completely forgotten anything they've done when I had strong opinions about them D1... Next person to reread.)

Sonata
Grrr
Shinichi (I hate our exchange about voting me/logic being scum, doesn't make sense with scum!Suzu)

Suzu (Our mechanical discussion is well chronicled...)
CPurity (Chronicled elsewhere but my addition is defensive and appealing to emotion. e.g. being rude while attacking others for being rude...)
Mar 14, 2017 4:51 AM

Aug 2013
@logic340 What are your current thoughts on the game so far?

Mar 14, 2017 5:22 AM

Jan 2010
_Claire_ said:
Suzune-chan said:
Honestly it was a poor kill. I would have continued to push Gwen today therefore she was not a good night night kill target. I assume she wasn't chosen though because of her refusal to move yesterday because that would be taken as interest by the town. That and her final flip to Claire which should have been more scummy. Interesting interesting. I will ponder some more, I have tea to pour, but I'll be back

You are so into me dying, huh?
Also it is NOT surprising. Gwen barely interacts with any of us, so killing her wont give scums any information.

logic340 said:
I do what? I asked how you feel about it? I was originally thinking Krista might have been roleblocked but now Rinto says he was role blocked last night. I don't know if he took the shot or not as I asked him in the post you selectively quoted which is why I used the "appears" since that is how it looks to me.

Did you just slip? Lol
I think I would need you to elaborate on this? I don't mince my words I ask what I want as I say what I think. I had expected them to be killed (Gwendolly) or Roleblocked (Rinto and Grapefruit). It's a huge risk for mafia to leave Karote alive imo but what do I know? If he really is the Vig then he's brought suspicion on himself again D2 after clearing it with is claim D1 and if he isn't then he's got a lot of people eating out of his hand right now.

Mar 14, 2017 5:24 AM

Jan 2010
Suzune-chan said:
Grapefruit21 said:

But we have less because Krista decided not to shoot. That choice either denies town info or isn't a choice and is scum. You're correct, but not accurate.
Why would you choose to kill someone early rather then wait for a better more clear shot? I do not understand you, can you not count the number of pieces on the board and not see an odds advantage in waiting? You are all about quick trigger skills this game. Pause and plan. You are not thinking.
Is he not thinking or is he thinking in a way that you can manipulate? This is transparent Grapefruit at his finest right now not sure what you are seeing?

Mar 14, 2017 5:27 AM

Jan 2010
Real life is really keeping me away from this game and I don't want to be mislynched for it but I understand where it's coming from. It's actually expected so I'm not really sure what to make of those who aren't pushing on me since it's so out of character. I am at work but I will try to salvage this and hopefully get us on the right track in the process. Is there scum driving my train? I don't think so my activity has warranted this type of suspicion based on my usual activity so scum might be staying away from my train right now.

I would like to ask everyone on my train if you really think I am scum who do you think are my buddies? And when I flip town where will you go next?

Suzune/Grapefruit looks like an ideological difference and I struggle to see how Grapefruit is scum in this instance. Grapefruit has been increasingly harder for me to read but one thing that is very consistent with him is the way he lays out his thoughts and is vey transparent. Even if you don't agree with him (happens like this every game so far) he pushes his ideas and has strong faith in what he believes. He's jumped his vote a lot more than I am used to but he did similar things in Twins and even took time off because of LQ as stated here. Given this it does make the people pushing on Grapefruit look suspect imo.

Mar 14, 2017 5:32 AM

Jan 2010
_Claire_ said:
Suzune-chan said:
Sure. Although I would think at this point it would be clear.

You are a constant this game at stifling speculation. You are also trigger happy and push for kills that are not smart. Yesterday when the miller was revealed you acted like they were expendable and that the town should sacrifice them. Later, you also thought that the vigilante should just kill someone for information. THis suggests that you are driven to push for townie deaths without stopping to weigh the town. You are pitching things that endanger the number of townies. That is a mafia mindset. You are trying to be reasonable to make your opinion sound good. But in the end, it the arguments are anti-town.

Let's think for a minute. What would have happened if the vigilante killed the miller. What would that yield the town? A dead townie? We would be in a worse position then the day before and it would have been self inflicted.

You have to see from his POV that a miller claims can be a scum claim . You seem to believe Grrr is miller, 100% sure? From this post.
I've gotten a similar feeling and then grrr also came with that we got Gwendolly line as well. Seems like a very comfortable team and I cannot say they are an unaligned pair based on their interactions so far. They both are pushing Grapefruit for similar reasons though as you have stated why would scum!Grapefruit do that? It's weird to me because Suzune doesn't seem any different than the scum games I have seen her in and the fact that no one is concerned about a pocket there surprises and concerns me. What does your meta say? You played a game as scum with her recently?

Mar 14, 2017 7:02 AM

Jan 2010
Suzune-chan said:
Edit: Honestly, I am a manipulator. I see the angle, I see the potential, and I tend to look for the amount of ripples each action causes. You are logical. You see the black and the white, what is there right now, and the rough raw numbers. That is our problem
Things like this feel like truth in plain sight to me. I know you are a manipulator and have seen you do it and this really doesn't feel that far off from it.

Mar 14, 2017 7:10 AM

Jan 2010
Shinichi-Kun said:
Grapefruit21 said:

me voting you or what? cause i have my vote on logic. Other than ur anti town mind set their isnt anythign i have that can prove your scum once i find that defining line or factor ill vote you.
And what defining line has made me scum? Basically the case against me boils down to my activity isn't where it usually is. I talked mechanics with everyone else who was talking mechanics (less than most), and RL took me away for the better part of the last two real days. My post count is low as fuck and I've had a hard time getting into this game while I was dealing with 3 others.

@Sonata and @Claire talk to me about Suzune you both played with her as scum recently. She was extremely townie in those games as well and she feels almost too clean as town at this point. What does you previous experience as her partner tell you or am I overthinking this?

Mar 14, 2017 7:18 AM

Jun 2009
logic340 said:
Suzune-chan said:
@logic340

I will never stack the odds against me. You are right that I once won a mafia game with no help from a replacement. Is that supposed to say something about replacements? Do you not think that Ruu and I held out and waited for Shi. Hoped beyond the stars he would show? Do you think I did not demand that whoever shuffled in knew the situation they came into?

There are good replacements in this world. The best. In a mostly inactive slot, I see no reason not to replace. I would rather read a new face then random lynch an empty space. No reason to waste what might be a fortuneate opportunity for town.
well let's hope that is the case this time around period I'm still salty...

Suzune-chan said:
@logic340

this is becoming not everyone's favourite buzzword. Does it suddenly mean something new. It is like asking someone if they are scum this game. It has almost no meaning but looking busy, if you want to say. Kristina is scummy then do it. But say something that shows your thinking not casual commentary.
not siure why you tagged me as I've never said this? Did you misread something?
I pulled the quote from you. Therefore I gave you the tag in it. It was More of a general statement though.

Mar 14, 2017 7:21 AM

Jun 2009
logic340 said:
Suzune-chan said:
Why would you choose to kill someone early rather then wait for a better more clear shot? I do not understand you, can you not count the number of pieces on the board and not see an odds advantage in waiting? You are all about quick trigger skills this game. Pause and plan. You are not thinking.
Is he not thinking or is he thinking in a way that you can manipulate? This is transparent Grapefruit at his finest right now not sure what you are seeing?
It is not that I do not understand grapefruit. I just think that their thinking is anti town and plays too fast and loose with the players. Thus endangers the town and seeks to dwindle the numbers for information rather then to craft the best play.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (46) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.