Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 19, 2011 7:45 AM

May 2009
so whatever happened to that frog guy and hermaphrodite girl?.....I think he completely forgot about those two....
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

Aug 1, 2013 11:31 AM

Aug 2012
That frog guy was so out of manga...
Jun 29, 2016 4:46 PM
Jul 2015
i think the ending was perfect. this manga does have source material, it only covers the first fight for a reason, to give these guys an epic back story, just so it can be cruelly swept away by an impudent ruler. anyway i dont know any more than that i just finished reading 10 minutes ago... but am intrigued to see if the novel was translated into english at all.
Nov 27, 2016 5:30 AM
Sep 2016
joodense said:
i think the ending was perfect. this manga does have source material, it only covers the first fight for a reason, to give these guys an epic back story, just so it can be cruelly swept away by an impudent ruler. anyway i dont know any more than that i just finished reading 10 minutes ago... but am intrigued to see if the novel was translated into english at all.

I honestly don't get the ending. At first they went all homo and stuff, but then he kept saying Irako was his pride or whatever, and then Mie killed herself??? Why would she even do that? And then it switched to a "dream" where they Gennosuke and Mie seem like a couple?
I'd really appreciate it if you could clarify.
Dec 14, 2016 11:03 AM

Jun 2015
Berserk_Dude said:
joodense said:

I honestly don't get the ending. At first they went all homo and stuff, but then he kept saying Irako was his pride or whatever, and then Mie killed herself??? Why would she even do that? And then it switched to a "dream" where they Gennosuke and Mie seem like a couple?
What are you confused about? Irako and Genno saw each other as rivals, that should clear up the 'homo and stuff' you yapping about. Mie didn't kill herself, I don't remember such happening. Are you talking about when she was held down and almost raped? After Irako killed Kogan, Mie and Genno pretty much became a couple once she got over her starvation season and all that bullshit. What more you confused about, kiddo?
'Life is full of ups and downs, trials and tribulations, successes and disappointments. Think positive always and never allow disappointments drag you down. Hell! Disappoint anyone and everyone, but never and I repeat, NEVER disappoint yourself'.
Apr 28, 2017 11:48 AM
Apr 2017
The ending was great. It showed irako's ambition being crumbled, fujiki's come up as an underdog. Mie killed herself because she saw Fujiki fully become something she hated, which is a puppet and if you notice men being puppets is a strong theme in the story. Irako wasn't a puppet. And the scene where fujiki and mie were happily ever after was just a daydream. And the true ending is right at the beginning of the book, Tokugawa tadanga being executed which shows how happy of an ending fujiki really had. Irako was a victim of his own ambition, fujiki a victim of a corrupt system to which he was a puppet to. The frog guy and hermaphrodite were just a minor sub plot.
Jan 16, 2022 1:47 AM

Dec 2021
Raging_Berserker said:
Berserk_Dude said:

What are you confused about? Irako and Genno saw each other as rivals, that should clear up the 'homo and stuff' you yapping about. Mie didn't kill herself, I don't remember such happening. Are you talking about when she was held down and almost raped? After Irako killed Kogan, Mie and Genno pretty much became a couple once she got over her starvation season and all that bullshit. What more you confused about, kiddo?

idk if you found your answer this was 5+ years ago

Mie killed herself because Fujiki became a puppet again ,, had the unconscious bloody nose look when he blindly follows Lord's orders

but tbh I think she killed herself because "the darkness she suppress" is her love for Irako and she didn't want to see her true first love get beheaded in such gruesome fashion

More topics from this board

» Gannosuke and Chika (possible Spoilers in thread)

kushmonatl - Jan 16, 2022

3 by Gekkouta »»
Apr 15, 9:21 PM

Poll: » Shigurui Chapter 84 Discussion ( 1 2 )

NP-3228 - Feb 17, 2011

54 by itstwentyfifteen »»
Aug 29, 2023 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shigurui Chapter 53 Discussion

alpir - Jul 31, 2013

2 by Gros »»
Feb 25, 2023 4:06 AM

» Ending

RAHUL-haque - Jun 19, 2021

4 by Nishinga »»
Feb 24, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Shigurui Chapter 47 Discussion

Gros - Feb 24, 2023

0 by Gros »»
Feb 24, 2023 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.