Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 17, 2014 12:15 AM
Apr 2013
Does it recycle the original deathnote but just use different voices? Do you guys think its worth the 4 hours, already knowing whats gonna happen?
Feb 19, 2014 6:34 AM
Aug 2013
strp0t said:
Does it recycle the original deathnote but just use different voices? Do you guys think its worth the 4 hours, already knowing whats gonna happen?

Its worth, if you want to rethink all about this thing called "desu noto", I guess. And, those special has some scenes, that anime hasn't.
Jun 7, 2014 7:08 AM
Jun 2014
Don't bother. It's pretty much exactly the same apart from like 2 scenes (that don't really add to it)
May 9, 2020 7:47 AM

Oct 2019
Probably the first and last recap I will ever watch
May 9, 2020 8:00 AM
Nov 2015
Well most of it will be the same....
But there is one big difference
You get to see what happens after the original series ended
It might not seem like very much but if so... then I think you should watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdg36ZyXrcM
My candies collected:
Sep 20, 2020 4:01 PM

Apr 2010
They aren't worth watching. The false narrative they suggest as a retelling from Ryouk's perspective is a lie. They're literally just condensed versions of the same story. And not done very well either. They end up just being a confusing vomit of scenes without everything properly connecting everything or explained like the original. The "new" scenes are basically nothing, and not relevant to the story.

It starts out with some rando Shinigami going to Ryouk in the Shinigami Realm and asking him to tell the story of the interesting time he had in the human world and offering him a shinigami realm apple to tell it. Then the recap starts. The next is the way Light & L meet, it's different in the recap and bizarre - some phone call then going to some weird hidden doors into some secret theater to meet with L and get shown the response the team sent to the second Kira. Then after L's death there's a funeral scene.

The end of the second one is the worst. It just shows that Light wouldn't have died, that Ryouk killed him because he thought Light getting caught and going to prison would be boring and there's no telling how long it'd take for him to die. Which is all of about 30 seconds of him saying that. Which implies Light had a lot of life left and the bullet wounds wouldn't have finished him off, that he wasn't fated to die for a good long time.
Sep 24, 2021 10:20 AM

May 2011
Once you watch the original show, wait a few years. When u feel like rewatching it, watch this instead.

As with all recaps.
"Giving one's name to someone about to die is meaningless." - Hiko Seijuurou
"There are no miracles in this world; there are only accidents, inevitabilities, and what you are going to do. That is it." - Himura Yuu
"A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. No pretty words you say will change that." - Hiko Seijuurou
Sep 24, 2021 10:32 AM

Jan 2021
In my opinion they aren’t worth watching.
You might as well re - watch the whole show.
Mar 2, 2023 3:22 PM
Oct 2022
I would much rather recommend this , sunce it adds da scene where takada , light and mikami kill da spk , it s way nicer than da og serie ver

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Special Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ashura - Jan 6, 2008

83 by suk4iro »»
Jul 8, 2023 9:58 AM

» Light Yagami's fate

Arka_otaku - Jan 24, 2014

2 by Epiccgaymer »»
May 9, 2023 7:08 AM

Poll: » Death Note Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 15, 2010

26 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 24, 2022 2:27 PM

» About that corridor Light walks through...

removed-user - Apr 21, 2021

2 by removed-user »»
Jun 9, 2021 10:14 PM

» How can I watch Death Note: Relight in English Dub?

SageModeTice - Mar 22, 2018

1 by Tyler_Spencer69 »»
Dec 13, 2020 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.